Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

ROC

I like to think of his character in this movie as his character in Heavyweights, Tony Perkis.

AUGH, NO! His character in Heavyweights was THE MAN. Ben Stiller could never hope to reach such heights again. His Dodgeball character is a sad Tony-wannabe.

However, I may see the movie for Stephen Root and Rip Torn.

AUGH, NO!  His character in Heavyweights was THE MAN.  Ben Stiller could never hope to reach such heights again.  His Dodgeball character is a sad Tony-wannabe.

man, I wish Disney would show that movie again. They were showing it a few days ago at like, 12 at night.

:'(

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's one day until the release, so I'll put this up again so reviews for it and such can go here.

EDIT: Also, did anybody watch the MTV special of this the other night?

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

Guest Wrestling_Man

I went to see the sneak preview of Dodgeball tonight and it was AWESOME!!! It's just a funny ass movie, and for the person who asked if that was Jason Alexander in the movie, it's not. It's the voice of Bill from King of the Hill in the movie, and he has his moment in the movie too. The best part in the entire movie is when Vince Vaughn talks to Lance Armstrong. That shit was funny. You can find cameos by David Hasselhoff, Hank Azaria and Chuck Norris also.

All in all, this is one movie I'd put on my list as one of the best comedies all year and one of the funniest movies you'll ever see.

AUGH, NO!  His character in Heavyweights was THE MAN.  Ben Stiller could never hope to reach such heights again.  His Dodgeball character is a sad Tony-wannabe.

COME ON YOU DEVIL LOG!

Heavyweights = greatest movie in the history of film.

I'm using the buddy system. BUDDY!

Guest EriKBN

Dodgeball was a funny movie. It's probably one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. There weren't really any downpoints in the movie that kill the comedy of so many other movies like this one. Good movie.

I found it to be "meh".

The parts I actually found funny were too spread out, and they seemed to think that everytime a laugh was needed that someone had to take a foreign object to the face. Ben Stiller didn't make me laugh at all(except for the parts that were given away in the trailer), Vince Vaughn was bland, etc...

There were some really good laughs to be had though. ESPN 8 "The Ocho" and Ben Stiller dancing to that Milkshake song in the fat-suit made me laugh like crazy....but in the end, I disliked it.

**1/2 or (5/10)

I found it absolutely hilarious. It fit in perfectly with my kind of comedy. There were parts where my friends were the only ones laughing in a sold out theater. I love Ben Stilller movies. Zoolander and Meet the Parents are two of his best but now this one is my favorite. I guess it all comes down to what kind of comedy you enjoy. It's kind of hit or miss and this definitely hit on my scale.