Joey/Friends

Right a friend told me today that they are making a series on Joey from Friends, and that it is like a follow up to Friends, but just with Joey. Is this true or what?

I still haven't got round to seeing the last episode of Friends, so try not to spoil anything. I was just wondering if this is true, and if it is, when is it set to happen?

It's similar to the way Fraiser spun off of Cheers. The network is going to do its damndest to make sure it becomes a hit, and with no big comedies really out there, it wouldn't shock me if Joey was a top 10 show ratingswise.

naiwf has a point. The comedy is rather dead right now, so it would be pretty simple for Joey to survive.

And personal opinion aside, sir, my point was that Friends was still getting huge ratings and doing very well in it's final season, and the rumors suggest that this show could be as big if not bigger than Friends.

TGC

The early reviews for Joey have been great, but then again so were the early reviews for A Minute with Stan Hooper. The cast is as follows:

Paulo Costanzo - Michael

Matt LeBlanc - Joey Tribbiani

Drea de Matteo - Gina Tribbiani

Ashley Scott - Allison

It's also been reported that Jennifer Coolidge has joined the cast, which in my opinion cheapens the whole thing. I've always thought that Drea de Matteo was horrible on The Sopranos, so I guess it all comes down to how funny Matt LeBlanc and Paulo Costanzo can be.

The early reviews for Joey have been great, but then again so were the early reviews for A Minute with Stan Hooper. The cast is as follows:

Paulo Costanzo - Michael

Matt LeBlanc - Joey Tribbiani

Drea de Matteo - Gina Tribbiani

Ashley Scott - Allison

It's also been reported that Jennifer Coolidge has joined the cast, which in my opinion cheapens the whole thing. I've always thought that Drea de Matteo was horrible on The Sopranos, so I guess it all comes down to how funny Matt LeBlanc and Paulo Costanzo can be.

Yes, Beatnik. No one can truly predict what will be successful and what won't. The best example of this in my mind is The Matrix trilogy (yes, I know it's film but I'm making an example). While the orginal and Reloaded were massive success, when Revolutions came out, it flopped. (although it didn't help it much with the cliffhangerish ending)

Guest AgonyToMe

It's good they chose Joey, not just because he was the youngest cast member of Friends, but also because he was the least important of them all. The same reason why Frasier was popular.

Here's the lowdown of the storyline.

Joey moves to Hollywood to liven up his acting career. He lives with his sister, Gina (De Matteo). Gina's best friend (I think???) and Joey's nephew (Costanzo) is a twenty year old genius. Allison (Scott) is Joey's love interest and next door neighbour.

So there the jist of the show. I'm guessing that there will be a lot of jokes based on Joey and the genius nephew of his.

In other news, Anyone mark at the finale of friends when Yellow Ledbetter by Pearl Jam played? That was unexpected.

It was the only part of the show that you didn't know was gonna happen when it started,so it made it the best part.