Shrek 3 A Go

Ananas

Shrek 3 a go-go-GO! Jun. 2, 2004 

Source: Variety  by: Mike Sampson   

I don't even think you need me to tell you this but SHREK 3 is definitely happening. After the insane first two weekends the sequel brought in, DreamWorks is putting SHREK 3 on the fast-track, hoping for a holiday 2006 release. Peter Seaman and Jeffrey Price (THE GRINCH) have been brought in to write the script but DreamWorks is expected to bring in any number of writers from the previous films to polish as the project advances. The third film will follow Shrek as he runs afoul of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz and Antonio Banderas are all expected to return to their roles and the first three are expected to make more than the $5 million they got for voicing their parts in the second film. Not bad pay for a couple days voice work huh? Since opening on May 19th, the film has grossed a whopping $261 million and should shatter FINDING NEMO's record as the highest grossing animated film of all time.

Credit: JoBlo.com

This is obviously no surprise, but one must wonder how long they do intend to milk this cash cow. Oh well, I guess it's better than making sequels to the really bad films.

Guest TheKarnivalShow

I read a couple of weeks ago about how there is going to at least a Shrek 4 so I guess this is good news if they can keep making the films up to par with the first one.

Disney doesn't own the Shrek franchise. Dreamworks does.

This is true, and while we're on the topic of owners, Dreamworks has perhaps the most powerful cast of three in the business. It was founded by Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg (former Disney executive) and David Geffen (music mogul). Of course they don't NEED more money, but they're releasing Anchorman this summer, so it's all good.

Guest Hit Man 3120

Naaaah. It's Michael Eisner, IIRC. Probably wrong though!

Wasn't Michael Eisner forced out as Chairman of Disney?

They will milk the series for all its worth, until no one buys it.
There will be always annoying little kids to watch it even after it gets to the point where adults wont see it