2005: A War for the Ages (WCW)

WCW Nitro

August 22nd, 2005

<=:=><=:=> Intro video and Pyro<=:=><=:=>

"I'M BACK, AND BETTER THEN EVER..."

Eric Bischoff makes his way out to a small series of boos and a small "You suck" chant.

Bischoff: "It has come to my attention that last week, when I wasn't here, we had a few problems that I need to address. In the battle royal last week, Raven, and Booker T went over at the EXACT same time. I have heard both of their arguments and after hearing they both want a shot at the WCW US TITLE, I decided, I just can't do that. I can't force Steiner to defend his title against multiple opponents again, *crowd boo's* So that is why, at Road Wild, Booker and Raven will square off, and the winner will get a shot at the WCW US Champion Scott Steiner at the next Pay per view. But tonight, let's shake things up a bit shall we. Tonight, Booker T and Raven, will TEAM UP, to take on Scott Steiner and Big Vito, in tag team warfare! "

O'Haire and Jindrak's theme hit and out they come, into the ring. Bischoff is a little shocked, as is the crowd.

O'Haire: "So Eric, WCW's been around for about 2 months now...and I have just one question.. Where the hell are the tag titles?"

Jindrak: "We've been rocking face in the tag team division since day one, and we don't even have a belt to fight for!"

Bischoff: "You two bring up a valid point...which is why.."

GLASS SHATTERS! Out comes out Austin as we get the first huge pop of the night, Austin gets in the ring and takes the mic from Jindrak.

Austin: "I appologize for interrupting, Eric, Please continue"

Eric looks reluctant, Austin clears his throat and Eric continues.

Eric: "Which is why, at Road wild, we're going to have 2 4 Corner tag team elimination matches, and the winners will go on to fight each other later on in the night, for the new WCW Tag Team Titles."

Jindrak and O'Haire look happy, and leave the ring.

Eric: "Well, with that being said, that about takes care of.."

Austin: "AH AH AH, HOLD ON A MINUTE ERIC .... What are you going to do about your main event, you dumb son of a bitch.."

Eric: "Well, Austin, What would you do? You're the commish around here, you take care of it."

Austin: "WHAT? Stone Cold gets to book a match?"

Eric: "Go ahead Austin, let's see what you can conjure up"

Austin: "Well alright *AUSTIN THINKS* In your main event, Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho will battle.. Chris Benoit.. and.. what's that man's name.. HULK HOGAN!"

The crowd goes nuts.

Eric: "It sounds like a match! See Austin, I can be a fair and giving guy."

<O:84% >

Eric: "But I do have one more piece of Business to take care of. See, I have signed someone, someone who I think will fit in very well here at WCW. But more importantly, someone from E C W. *CROWD CHEERS* . This guy cost me a lot of money, and I think you'lle like him... ladies and Gentleman....

STEVEN RICHARDS!"

Richards makes his way down to the ring, The crowd is obviously disapointed, as Richards isn't much of a suprise to anyone.

Stevie grabs a mic.

Richards: "Hi Paul! Miss me? I bet you do! Now you don't have a guy you can use to screw week after week in order to get your talent over, you son of a bitch. But because I'm a nice guy, I'll do you one last favor. Eric, Paul always wanted you to have this..."

STEVIE KICK TO BISCHOFF! Bischoff goes through the middle ropes and Austin laughs as Stevie does poses in the ring.

<O:84% Steven Richards gained overness from this segment.  >

<=:=><=:=> Commercial break <=:=><=:=>

CM PUNK VS MATT HARDY

What a dream match this is. These two have NEVER crossed paths in the past, so we're in for real treat here. And what a match it was. They pulled off some nice chain wrestling in this one, getting applauses on 3 different occasions. The end of this

one saw Hardy hit a neckbreaker, and go up top for the leg drop, but Punk managed to get up and fight his way to the top, hitting the Pepsi Plunge for the finish. After the match, as both contestants layed on the ground, tired and battered, Kidman ran in and started attacking Matt Hardy with a barrage of kicks Kidman had set Hardy between his legs for some sort of powerbomb, but Punk hit spinning wheel kick on Kidman, which sent him to the outside. Matt was confused by CM's actions, but

thanked him for the save

WINNER: CM PUNK

<M:93% C:82% O:87%>

Punk leaves the ring, but Matt Hardy isn't done yet. Matt grabs a Mic.

Matt: "KIDMAN, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. This Sunday, RoadWild, Me and you, TABLES, LADDERS, CHAIRS. What do you say?"

Kidman has a Mic and is resting up against the announce table. His mouth is busted open after that wheel kick.

Kidman: "I say, you're on."

The crowd cheers and we go to commercial

<O:62% Matt Hardy lost overness from this segment.  >

We come back, and Chris Jericho is standing in the ring with a Mic.

Jericho: "A travesty has occured. A monumental screw job has taken place, and Chris Jericho is right at the front of it all. That ASSCLOWN Steve Austin has booked... a tag match at the Pay Per View? I'm the number one contender damnit. It's NOT FAIR. That jackass Hulk Hogan doesn't have to defend his title at Road Wild? THAT'S CRAP AND YOU KNOW IT ERIC. What the hell do I have to do get that title away from the oldest man in professional wrestling? Am I going to have to...yeah.. I know, that's it. I'll just win one of Eric Bischoff's little "Battle Royals" so I can take the belt away from Hogan TONIGHT! The Highlight of the Night is ALWAYS on top of things, Eric. I'm always one step ahead of the game, an endless bag of tricks if you will. So, I guess.. what I'm saying is, let's get these 19 jackasses out here, so I can throw them out of the ring, 1 by 1!"

<O:100% >

With that, the Ring starts filling up with superstars as we prepare for our final battle royal in Eric Bischoff's invitational.

20 MAN OVER THE TOP BATTLE ROYAL FOR A SHOT AT ANY TITLE.

Order of Elimination

1. Mark Jindrak (Benoit)

2. Steve Blackman (Vito)

3. Rey Mysterio (Eddie Guerrero)

4. Amazing Red (Eddie Guerrero)

5. Sean O' Haire (Chris Benoit)

6. Colt Cabana (Scott Steiner)

7. Eric Angle (Chris Jericho)

8. Lash Leroux (Vito) 

9. Lenny Lane (Steiner via double clothesline)

10. Lodi (Steiner via double clothesline)

11. Ultimo dragon (Chavo Guerrero)

12. Jody Fleisch (Chris Jericho)

13. Whiskey Marc (Eddie, Chavo and Jericho)

14. Big Vito (Eddie Guerrero)

15. Air Paris (Chris Jericho)

16. Chavo Guerrero (Chris Jericho)

17. Scott Steiner (Benoit

18. Chris Jericho (Chris Benoit)

19. Chris Benoit (Eddie Guerrero)

The stars were out tonight and everyone had gold on their mind as this battle royal was by far the BEST of the four. It was shocking see Benoit eliminate O'Haire so early, as he had been dominating these. Perhaps the loss of his partner was the cause? The fans were glad to see Steiner eliminate lenny and lodi via double clothesline. In the End, Jericho skinned the cat, but Benoit still managed to eliminate him by bumping into him while he was hanging. As Benoit laughed at Jericho's babyfit on the outside, Eddy pulled off a dropkick to the back, which sent Benoit up and over. Benoit and Jericho batttled on the outside as Eddie grabbed a mic.

Eddie: "Tonight.. oh yes holmes..tonight, I end the career of Hulk Hogan! Hogan, I'm coming for the belt, and after I win it, I'm taking you out, FOR GOOD!"

Benoit and Jericho are a little shocked at the statement, especially Jericho, as they've been broken up by road agents.

WINNER: EDDIE GUERRERO

<M:70% C:66% O:68%>

We come back See O'Haire still in his wrestling gear, along with Stacey Keibler. She's obviously not comfortable in his presence, as he's trying to hit on her or something. Chris Benoit comes through a door.

Benoit: "Hey, what the hell are you doing, leave her alone."

O'Haire: "Benoit, you bastard, you eliminated me. You cost me my shot at the World title"

Benoit: "Ahh, poor baby, what are you gonna do, Cry about it?"

O'Haire: "I want you tonight, in a 1 on 1 match, in that RING!"

Benoit: "You just made the biggest mistake of your life. Come on Stacey, I'll take you to your car"

Benoit and Stacey leave together, as O'Haire obviously looks pumped for his match.

<O:71% Chris Benoit lost overness from this segment. >

BOOKER T AND RAVEN VS SCOTT STEINER AND BIG VITO

Booker and Raven obviously weren't comfortable working as a team, as each other tagged themselves in during the match, rather then making conventional tags. They did work well though, as both dominated when in the ring. The ending of this one saw it turn into mayhem, with all 4 contestants in the ring. Raven Missed a clothesline on Steiner, but NAILED Book, as Vito held off Raven,steiner made the cover for the 1-2-3 on Book, Holding the tights in the process. after the match, all 4 contestents went at it still, with Raven somehow emerging victorious of the battle, as he Evenflowed Book as steiner and vito ran off

WINNERS: SCOTT STEINER AND BIG VITO

<M:76% C:81% O:79%>

CHRIS BENOIT VS SEAN O'HAIRE

This is a huge opportunity for O'Haire, but unfortunately, he couldn't cash in, as this was ALL Benoit. Almost a squash really, but not nearly as bad. O'Haire got in a little offense, unfortunately, Benoit got in a lot more. Benoit with the diving headbutt following a snap suplex for the 1-2-3. Benoit celebrates his win after the match.

WINNER: CHRIS BENOIT

<M:85% C:72% O:78%>

Backstage, we see Whiskey Marc in his locker room.

Whiskey: "I see that Hurricane nor Whipwreck have responded to my challenge last week. That's alright, I can understand that. They're probably so scared they didn't bother to show up. Everyone's scared of me. I'm a legend in that ring to those who know me. I've done things that people can't began to fathom. I've hurt people, I've ended careers. WCW is too tame for me, that's why I need to wrestle two guys at a time. I mean, I'm a Big Japan Deathmatch champion.. and.."

HURRICANE AND WHIPRECK ATTACK WHISKEY MARC! Whipwreck has a frying pan, that kid is crazy! RIGHT UPSIDE THE HEAD, Whiskey is hurting with that one.

Hurricane: "NO DISQUALIFACTION MATCH AT ROAD WILD! WE WANT YOU IN A NO DQ UNSANCTIONED MATCH. DO YOU HEAR ME?!"

The crowd pops hard, as Hurricane is obviously angry.

Meltzer: "UNSANCTIONED NO DQ? He's crazy, Whiskey will kill them!"

Coach: "Good, two less bug to squash"

<O:84% Whiskey Marc gained overness from this segment.  >

Meltzer: "It's main event time here on Nitro!"

Eddie Guerrero vs Hulk Hogan© for the WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

Eddie is out first, and he gets huge heat from this crowd. Real American hits, out comes Hogan and the fans go nuts.This guy's popularity certainly isn't dwindling despite what's happened in recent weeks. There's a noticeable bandaid covering up a cut on Hogan's head from the attack last week, but it's not bothering him.

And here we go. Eddie tries to outpower hulk, and fails miserably. Hulk takes control for most of the match, hitting the usual body slams, clotheslines, shoulder tackles, the easy stuff. Eddie gets off a russian leg sweep following a go between the legs midmatch, which is where he took control. Eddie hit the springboard backsplash on hogan, which lead to a near fall. It was looking like Eddie Guerero might have this one won, but following a dropkick, Hogan started to Hulk Up, and nothing Eddie could would stop him. Here comes Jericho with a chair, CHAIRSHOT! Hogan is down as the ref calls for the bell.

Meltzer: "DAMNIT HIM"

Jericho Raises the chair as if he's going to hit hogan while he's down

Meltzer: "DON'T DO IT JERICHO!"

Benoit comes running out...CROSSFACE on Jericho, he didn't see Benoit. Eddie breaks it up, but Hogan is back to his feet. We have a brawl on our hands, as Benoit and Hogan and Eddie and Jericho are going at one another.

Meltzer: "GET SOMEONE OUT HERE, WE NEED HELP OUT HERE, THESE GUYS HAVE ERRUPTED, FOLKS , WE'RE OUT OF TIME, SEE YOU AT ROAD WILD!!!!!!!!!!"

And the camera fades out on the action in the ring..

WINNER: HULK HOGAN BY DQ

<M:69% C:94% O:86%>

Show quality: 78%

Edited by Disengager

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Source: Nodq.com

Tuesday, August 23rd, 2005

Ratings:

Primetime:

WCW - 5.85

ECW - 5.47

TNA - 3.13

Latenight:

WWE - 6.02

WCW nearly secures second TV Deal

World Championship wrestling is on the verge of obtaining a second weekly television show. More on this story as it develops!

Injury updates on Andrew Martin

Andrew Martin is still out with a broken Nose following his match with Whiskey Marc at Bash at the Beach. Wearing a mask would be out of the question, as he had to have reconstructive surgery on that area of the face, and it is very fragile.

WCW Still can't come to terms with Stacey Keilber

Stacey Keibler and WCW still cannot come to terms on a new deal, as Stacey's contract is on the verge of expiring. WCW hopes to be able to sign her to a realistic deal before her contract expires.

Edited by Disengager

(I decided to not do graphics, so thats why this is up now instead of tommorrow)

user posted image

WCW ROAD WILD PREVIEW!

Saturday, August 27th, 2005

Meltzer: Hello everyone I'm Dave Meltzer and this is the free Road Wild preview coming to you only on Pay per view. What a GREAT show we have for you, let's briefly run down what's on the card.

8 Team tournament for the WCW Tag Team Titles.

Eric Bischoff has made a mini tournament for the new wcw tag team titles, 8 teams will compete in 2 seperate 4 corner tag team elimination matches, with the winners facing each other later in the night. We do know that O'Haire and Jindrak, Vito and Steiner, Hurricane and Whipwreck and CM Punk and Colt Cabana will be in this tournament. Who will will join?

Hurricane and Mikey Whipwreck vs Whiskey Marc.

Last month, at Bash at the Beach, Hurricane attacked Whiskey Marc while he was destroying Andrew Martin. This Sunday, Whiskey will take on both Hurricane and Whipwreck in an Unsanctioned NODQ match.

Booker T vs Raven for the #1 Contendership for the US Title

This is an Eric Bischoff sanctioned match he made after Raven and Booker both eliminated each other in a battle royal in which the winner would receive a shot at any title they wanted. You have to know that Scott Steiner will be watching this one

Matt Hardy vs Billy Kidman in a TLC Match

Hardy and Kidman settle their feud once and for all in a TLC Match at Road Wild. These two have been at each other's throats for the last few weeks, and tonight, they find out whoe the better man is, once and for all.

and in our main event...

Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho vs Chris Benoit and Hulk Hogan

This one should be an all out war, as it's apparent these guys absolutely hate each other. Chris Jericho is angry that this was not a singles match with him taking on Hogan for the world title, so look for him to take out that frustration on Hogan. Eddie and Benoit butted heads a couple weeks ago and haven't been out of each other's buiness since. This one will be a tag team match of epic porportions. Who will walk out champ? Better question.. who will be able to walk out after this one is over?!

All this plus more, only at WCW Road Wild, Sunday, August 28th, 2005!

user posted image

WCW Road Wild

August 28th, 2005

<=:=><=:=> Pre show<=:=><=:=>

CM Punk makes his way out to the ring before the event officially goes PPV, so we're still in preview time. This is quite a shock, as many fans were wondering about Punk's status for the PPV. He grabs a mic.

Punk: "If you've been watching Nitro lately, you'd see that I am 4-0 this month. That's right, 4 wins, undefeated. I've "broken away from the pack" according the smarks, just like I did in Ring Of Honor *small pop*. Anyways, why I'm out here is because other then the tag tourney, which me and Cabana WILL win by the way, I don't have a singles match. They left me, CM, out of the spotlight. Can you believe that? So I guess I'm out here to issue an open challenge to anyone who thinks they can defeat me. Not that I think anyone has the balls in the back to challenge me, so I'm challenging any of them."

Punk flexes in the ring, waiting to see who will come out. The crowd all has their eyes on the entrance area, which replicates a biker gang's club.

"ITS ME, IT'S ME, ITS DDP!"

The crowd errupts as Diamond Dallas Page makes his way out from the back. He puts up the diamond cutter symbol and pyro goes off with a 'BANG. DDP pulls a mic out from his shirt pocket.

DDP: "Kid, you talk a lot of trash, and I know you can back it up. But nobodies better at talking trash and backing it up then DDP. You may be a shining diamond in that ring, but I'm the guy who's gonna cut you right down. "

CM: "Diamond Dallas Page...a WCW Legend. It will be an honor defeating you tonight."

DDP: "I wouldn't count on it kid. Everyone remembers back in the day, DDP made everyone FEEL THE BANG!"

DDP's music hits as he goes back to the back, leaving CM smiling in the ring.

<O:92% CM Punk gained overness from this segment. Diamond Dallas Page gained overness from this segment.  >

<=:=><=:=> Intro video and Pyro<=:=><=:=>

Meltzer: "Hello everyone and Welcome to WCW Road Wild. What a GREAT show we have for you tonight. A full card with I guess now 8 matches after that challenge from DDP to CM Punk."

Coach: "DDP's a fool Meltzer. What's he doing here?"

Meltzer: "I'm as stunned as you, but let's go to the ring for our first of two 4 corner tag elimination matches.

Lenny and Lodi vs Snow and Blackman vs Big Vito and Scott Steiner vs Ruckus and Sabian in a 4corner elimination match, winner advances to match for WCW Tag team titles

A rather lackluster way to start off the PPV, As none of these teams got a huge ovation from the crowd. Lenny and Lodi were the first eliminated, as Steiner and Vito simply pummelled them to start the match off. Steiner took Lodi's right off with a

Running clothesline that inside out him. Vito and Lenny were tangled up on the outside as Steiner went for a pin. No team even bothered to breakup the 3 as Lenny and Lodi were eliminated. Ruckus came in on steiner, who tagged in Snow. Ruckus might have stole the show with this one. He flew around the ring, hitting a springboard bulldog and a flying headscissors, as well as a flip clothesline. He almost completed a triple moonsault from each rope, but on the last one, Snow moved and showed ruckus what a real moonsault was, getting huge elevation on his moonsault and pinning ruckus for the 1-2-3. Steiner and Vito immediately hit the ring as both teams battles as the ref lost control of this one. In the end though, Blackman missed a guilotine, which let to a mule kick and gutwrench powerbomb by Vito for the win.

WINNERS: Scott Steiner and Big Vito

<M:74% C:61% O:67%>

Air Paris and Paul Birchall vs CM Punk and Colt Cabana vs Hurricane and Whipwreck vs O'Haire and Jindrak in a 4corner elimination match, winner advances to match for WCW Tag team titles

The crowd came to life in this one, as this was an all out crazy match. Air Paris and Paul Birchall gave it their all, and got a decent ovation when Paris and Birchall hit a double springboard legdrop on Whipwreck. But they were the first eliminated, as Hurricane tagged Punk, who managed to get a double DDT onto the two, hit a superkick on Birchall and then immediately hit a standing backflip splash onto Paris to eliminate them. Punk tagged Cabana after a firemans carry on Jindrak, but Cabana botched an elbow off the top and fell short. O'haire hit the ring and clotheslined punk over the top, and Jindrak grabbed the tights for only a two count. Jindrak tagged Hurricane, who hit a shining wizard on cabana, only to get missle drop kicked by Punk. Whipwreck came in, but Colt rolled him up immediately and the ref counted the 3 despite hurricane being the legal man. The crowd boo'd as they caught the error. It was now down to two teams, and O'Haire and Cabana started it out. O'haire gained an advantage, which led to a superplex on Cabana. Punk breaks up the count with a springboard legdrop. Jindrak threw punk up and over the ropes, but he skinned the cat. In the ring, O'Haire is up top, Cabana is down, SEANTON BOMB! CM in the ring now, going to break up the pin, LOW BLOW by Jindrak as the ref is counting the 3 for the win.

WINNERS: Mark Jindrak and Sean O'Haire.

<M:83% C:62% O:72%>

After the match, Hurricane and Whipwreck hit the ring as they never left ringside. They attack the victors from behind, but quickly lose control as Jindrak and O'Haire are obviously bigger and far superior at brawling. They throw whipwreck over the top and hit the doomsday device on Hurricane. Whipwreck comes back in the ring and gets a double powerbomb for his effort.

WHISKEY MARCS MUSIC HITS!!

Meltzer: "Oh no, don't tell me, this match is starting now?"

Coach: "It's scheduled to!"

Whiskey Marc vs Hurricane/Whipwreck in an unsanctioned NODQ match

Whiskey slowly makes his way down the ramp to a series of boos. He has a kendo stick in one hand, and a chair in the other. This is starting to look bad for Hurricane and Whipwreck, who are still down in the middle of the ring. Whiskey gets up on

the apron and throws his weapons in the ring. WAIT! It's THE CAT from behind with a steel chair to the back! Whiskey felt that one as he falls off the Apron. The cat waits... CHAIRSHOT to the head, as his head goes through the chair, which is now

around his neck. Cat grabs the other chair in the ring,

Meltzer: "No cat don't do it!"

Cat hits the chair around whiskey's neck with the chair in his hand, and Whiskey is clearly in pain. ANOTHER SHOT, AND ANOTHER ONE! Cat picks him up off the ground, and rolls him into the ring. Hurricane and whipwreck are just watching the

action. Whipwreck up to the top as cat picks Whiskey up off the ground.. Dropkick to the back.. Cat picks him up again, and holds him on the ground, SHINING WIZARD by Hurricane. Cat motions for a ref, here comes charles robinson running down to the ring. Hurricane pins, 1-2-3.Hurricane, Whipwreck and Cat celebrate some much deserved payback on this monster as the crowd roars with approval.

WINNERS: Hurricane and Whipwreck

<M:85% C:65% O:75%>

MATT HARDY VS BILLY KIDMAN, TLC MATCH

What a contest this one, as these two beat the hell out of each other. This one was not only a spotfest, but a great match as well. Hardy hit a swinging neckbreaker off the ladder in the early going, but only a couple minutes later, Kidman hit the face crusher off the ladder! Matt set up a table outside the ring mid match, and got on the apron, only to have kidman sunset flip over him and powerbomb him through the table. "Holy shit" chant for that one. As Hardy was getting up, Kidman hit a through the ropes suicide dive on him. He followed that up with an Asai moonsault on a downed Matt. Near the end of the match, Kidman set up a table in the corner, only to get low blow kicked. Kidman is standing near the table, here comes hardy charging, Kidman sidesteps but hardy slides out of the ring. Hardy back up on the apron, verticle suplex attempt by kidman, he has him up, Hardy is kicking his feet, gets free. Hardy has him verticle now, BRAINBUSTER through the table!! 1 - 2...NO, kidman kicks out. We fastforward to end match, with both contestents climbing a side of the ladder. Punches by each contestent, wait.. HARDY has the upperhand, Here comes the SICK BUMP OF THE NIGHT!! He grabs the head.. MODIFIED TWIST OF

FATE OFF THE LADDER!!. 1-2-3 Matt Hardy wins it, ending the feud and proving to Kidman who the better man really was.

WINNER: Matt Hardy

<M:84% C:80% O:82% Matt Hardy gained overness from this feud ending. Billy Kidman gained overness from this feud ending. >

After the match, Kidman needed help getting out of the ring.

CM PUNK VS DDP

Both contestents are in the ring and circle one another. CM offers the handshake, but DDP doesn't accept in fear of it being a trick. This was an 8 minute bout, sorta short for PPV, but DDP isn't the wrestler he use to be. CM didn't break a sweat in this match, but he did get his fair share of punches. DDP showed ring rust in this one, as he nearly botched a number of moves and had to be carried through the whole match. In the end, CM Punk got on the shoulders of DDP and got the victory roll

off for a 1-2-3. DDP, the grizzled veteran, appeared to be frustrated with his performance in this one. After the match, CM extends his hand once again. DDP looks at him for a few seconds, before accepting the handshake and holding CM's hand in the air. The crowd cheers this show of sportsmanship, and CM pats DDP on the back before staying in the ring and posing to the cheers of the crowd. It looks like we might have a face turn coming soon :)

WINNER: CM PUNK

<M:79% C:79% O:78% CM Punk lost overness from this match. >

SEAN O'HAIRE AND MARK JINDRAK vs SCOTT STEINER AND BIG VITO, wcw tag team titles match

Steiner showed apparent tiredness from the bout earlier in the match, so Vito spent most of the time in the ring. Steiner was sluggish in the ring, which made the US Champ look bad. Jindrak and O'Haire looked in top form, and it was more then obvious the crowd prefered them over Steiner and Vito, despite both teams being heel. The ending saw Steiner go for a double clothesline, only to get a Double DDT. Jindrak dropkicked Vito in the face as O'Haire got the SEANTON BOMB off on steiner for the 1-2-3 , and we have new tag team champions. Jindrak and O'Haire have been on a roll lately, and looked EXTREMELY impressive going over on Steiner and Vito, a more veteran tag team. They celebrate their victory in the ring.

WINNERS AND NEW WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak

<M:80% C:75% O:77% Scott Steiner lost overness from this match. Mark Jindrak gained overness from this match. Sean O'Haire gained overness from this match. The WCW Tag Team titles have gained in image. >

BOOKER T vs RAVEN for #1 contendership of the US Title

These two have somewhat similar styles, and their paths haven't crossed since old WCW days, so the fans were interested to see what these two can put on. The match saw Raven nearly getting DQ'd numerous times, refusing to break simple holds before the 5 and choking booker to a 4 count. Raven busted booker open with a closed fist punch to the face, which also nearly got him DQ'd. With blood in his eyes, Book was out of his usual element, and Raven managed to pull off the knee to the face in the corner, which only worstened the injury. Raven went for a running bulldog, but Book sidestepped and Raven went into the ropes with a thud. Book took the advantage now, and eventually hit the scissor kick and a spinaroonie, but only got a 2 count. Raven hit a low blow, the ref didn't see it, EVENFLOW.. but book kicks out at 2. Book with a chop the midsection, another Scissor kick attempt...Raven sidesteps, Book with a Kick to the stomach, EVENFLOW ON RAVEN!!!! Book climbs up top, HARLEM HANGOVER!!! 1 - 2 - 3, Book wins this one and will face Scott Steiner in the near future! We see Steiner in the back,who has his shoulder wrapped heavily in ice. He's disapointed and cursing at the monitor as Book is in the ring celebrating

his win!

WINNER: BOOKER T

<M:80% C:86% O:84%>

<=:=><=:=>MAIN EVENT<=:=><=:=>

CHRIS BENOIT AND HULK HOGAN VS EDDIE GUERRERO AND CHRIS JERICHO.

Eddie and Jericho made seperate entrances, while Benoit and Hogan came out together, decked out in the same gear nearly. You can tell Benoit is excited for this one, as he's doing Hogan's poses along with him. In the ring, they do the poses. Benoit and Jericho will be starting this one out. After Benoit got the upper hand, he tagged in Hogan, and Jericho doesn't want any part of him as he slaps Eddie's back for the tag. Hogan gains the advantage on Eddie as expected. Hogan has an armringer as he tags in Benoit, who goes to work with kicks and punches on Eddie. Benoit with a snap Suplex. Benoit is working the arm, but Jericho breaks it up. Midmatch now, Jericho is dominating on Benoit, as he just hit a missle dropkick to Benoit on the apron. Jericho brings him back in the ring, running Bulldog. Jericho GOES FOR THE LIONSAULT, misses, Benoit makes the tag to Hogan! Hogan in and hammering on Jericho. Irish whip from Hogan, BIG BOOT! Eddie in now, breaks up the count.

Jericho barely gets a tag to eddie, who gets 2 of the 3 amigos off on Hogan..those were sloppy. 3rd Amigo coming..Hogan blocks, HOGAN VERTICLE SUPLEXES EDDIE UP AND OVER THE ROPES. Jericho goes to attack Hogan, but is taken to the matt By

Benoit...CROSSFACE! The ref has lost control of the match. Hogan and Eddie are battling on the outside, Jericho makes it to the ropes and Benoit breaks the hold. Eddie has control of hogan on the outside after slamming him into the steel turnbuckle post. Eddie with a lowblow on Benoit back in the ring as Jericho distracts the ref. Eddie throws Benoit up and over.

Hogan back in the ring. Jericho kicks, but it's no good.. here comes Hulk, He's HULKING UP! Jericho off the ropes as Hogan to his feet.. CHOPBLOCK to the leg, and Hogan is down. Jericho straps on the LIONTAMER in the CENTER of the ring! Hogan is in obvious pain. Hogan makes it to the ropes, but Jericho pulls him back. Eddie has Benoit incompacitated on the outside following a whip into the steps. Hogan isn't tapping and not trying for the ropes anymore. After nearly 2 minutes of the hold, Jericho changes it up, crossing hte legs and stepping through, turning the liontamer into the SHARPSHOOTER!!! Jericho sits back as far as possible on Hogan, who's now yelling in more pain then before and has no choice but to TAP OUT TO JERICHO'S SHARPSHOOTER. Jericho CELEBRATES this HUGE victory on Hogan, who has now rolled to the outside and is being assisted by trainers. Jericho and Eddie celebrate in the ring, as we get a shot of benoit holding his ribs and trainers attending to Hogan. Jericho can be heard yelling "I'M KING OF THE WORLD" as a series of boos fill the arena.

WINNERS: Eddie Guerrero and Chris Jericho

<M:89% C:91% O:90%>

Meltzer: "MY GOD, JERICHO HAS BEAT HULK HOGAN!! Hogan could be hurt!!!!! Benoit could have cracked ribs! Folks thanks for ordering, see you on Nitro tommorrow night!"

Show quality: 77%

Edited by Disengager

user posted image

Source: NODQ.COM

Monday, August 29th, 2005

WCW "Road Wild" Buy Rate

early reports indicate that road wild did a .87 buy rate with 11,245 fans in attendence. Overall it was a solid PPV, but with only one title match, many felt as if there was nothing special on the card.

The Cat Returns!

Ernest "The Cat" Miller returned last night to help Hurricane and Mikey Whipwreck defeat  Whiskey Marc. We're looking forward to an episode between the two.

O'haire and Jindrak win tag straps, get promoted

Look for the newly crowned WCW Tag Team Champs to be working the midcard now following their title victory!

WCW Nitro

August 29th, 2005

<=:=><=:=> Intro and Pyro<=:=><=:=>

Meltzer: "We are just 24 hours removed from Road Wild and What a show it was Coach!"

Coach: "You said it Meltzer, what a show indeed."

"Break the Walls DOWWWWWWWWNNN"

Out comes Chris Jericho to a thunderous roar of boo's from the crowd. Jericho appears to be very confident and happy as he slowly makes his way into the ring and grabs a mic.

Jericho: "Last night, the one and only Chris Jericho, the highlight of the night, single handedly took out Hulk Hogan and Chris Benoit! *crowd boo's* . That's right, there's no telling when either of those jackasses are going to be back in this ring, thanks to yours truly, Y2J. And that, Jackasses, calls for a celebration. No more boring Hulk Hogan interviews and no more toothless regression. More time for Y2J to shine like the star he is, more Fozzy live on Nitro, and better yet, more Money for yours truly. Last night, after my victory, Me and the lovely ladies of WCW Painted the town Red, a night on the town to remember. In fact, I almost called Eric Bischoff and told him I couldn't come in to work, but that just wouldn't be me, now would it? That would be.. hell, that would be something that Hulk Hogan would do. And speaking of Hulk Hogan, when that Assclown can't defend his title within 30 days, Eric, you can go ahead and present that belt to me. After all, I am the #1 contender and all, hell, I'm the #1 guy in this business today. Eric, why don't you just join me in my celebration down here and name me WCW Champion right now. Hulk's done, he's over with, I killed Hulkamania at the legs, it's not returning. So Eric, where's that title?"

Jericho stands in the ring, expecting Bischoff to come out.. but wait, what's this? Eddie Guerrero has came out from the back!

Eddie: "Hey holmes, I think you're forgetting someone essay. You weren't the only one who beat those two punks last night. You're acting like I'm chopped liver, and I don't like that essay. Eddie Guerrero did just as much as Chris Jericho last night, if not more. If anyone should be #1 contender.. it should be me. I'm not the one that Hulk Hogan PINNED for the wcw title."

That comment has Jericho angry, as Eddie has now worked his way into the ring, face to face with Jericho.

Jericho: "Eddie, Eddie, Eddie, you just don't know how this business works do you? You and Benoit were the X factors in the match last night. No one cares about you two, Bischoff just threw ya in to screw me out of a 1 on 1 match with Hogan. Thats the business kid, get use to being overshadowed by me. Last night wasn't the first time, and it won't be the last"

Eddie: "Thats BS holmes and you know it. Eddie Guerrero may not have the flashy sunglasses and $500 silk shirts, but I do my work in the ring. I don't need to be a flashy pretty boy to get over with these people. I don't give a damn about any of them. You dress to impress holmes, but in the end, you're just another pretty boy who can't backup his threats"

Eric Bischoff appears on the tron.

Eric: "I knew this would happen and I've already put thought into it. So tonight, gentlemen, you two will go head to head in a 2 out of 3 falls match! How does that sound?!"

Eddie: "I say you have a deal holmes"

With that, Eddie gives Jericho a right hand, Jericho hits the mat and just looks at Eddie, as he backs off and leaves the ring to his entrance music. The fans are definitely intrigued by this angle, as anyone who can slap the taste of out Jericho's mouth obviously gets a bit of credit in their book.

<O:94% Eddie Guerrero gained overness from this segment. >

<=:=><=:=>Commercial Break<=:=><=:=>

Ruckus, Sabian, Chavo Guerrero and Jody Fleisch vs Hurricane,Mikey Whipwreck, Sonny Siaki and Amazing Red, 8 man tag scramble match.

Meltzer: "This is a new type of match here in WCW , let me briefly explain the rules. When one member of a team leaves the ring, another one can enter without a need for a tag. The first to score a pinfall wins it and there are no countouts or disqualifications."

Fleisch and Siaki start this one out at a blazing pace, with armdrags and head scissors 'a flyin in this one. Fleisch out as Siaki got the advantage. Ruckus got the advantage on siaki and followed a dropkick with a standing moonsault. Midmatch now and a divefest is in progress. Whipwreck, Hurricane, Siaki, Sabian, Chavo and Fleisch are all on the outside and here comes red, off the top rope with a 450! Ruckus is the last one in the ring.. he's running... over the top with a senton, that one took everyone out now. The finish came when Fleisch and Red were the only two in the ring, with Fleisch hitting a top rope reverse frankensteiner on Red for the win.

WINNERS: Jody Fleisch, Chavo Guerrero, Ruckus and Sabian

<M:84% C:58% O:71%>

Backstage we see Matt hardy and Maria. They are both smiling, obviously happy.

Maria: "You were great last night in your match Matt."

Matt: "Maria, I'm not the one who's great, you are. These last few weeks, I've had a good time together"

Maria: "Me too Matt."

Matt: "So, I was kinda wondering, since we've been spending so much time together and all, if you would possibly like to umm, you know, what's the words I'm looking fo.."

Maria: "Matt, Shut up and Kiss me"

It looks like we "officially" have a new couple in WCW, as the two engage in a long kiss.

<O:61% Matt Hardy lost overness from this segment. >

We're back now and the ring is set up for the Cat's Cradle! Out comes Ernest Miller to a great response. He looks excited to be back and pumped and ready to go. He gets in the ring and kicks over the chairs and wrecks his set!

Miller: "The Cat is back! Whiskey Marc, get your ass out here, so we can settle this once and for all!"

The crowd Cheers and Whiskey's music hits as he comes running to the ring. He gets in the ring and immediately trys to take cat down, who's pounding WHiskey with right hands to the back of the head. They tumble out of the ring and through the ropes. Outside, they're exchanging blows, neither getting an advantage. They go into the crowd, still striking one another with right, tangled up. They make their way into the womens rest room! Whiskey whips Cat into stall door, it flys open. They've battled their way to a consession stand now and cat apparently has thrown Whiskey into some sort of Nacho cheese dispenser, as it made a huge mess on the two superstars. They battle out to the parking lot, Cat goes for an Irish whip on Whiskey into the back of a truck, but Whiskey flips him the other way, Cat has taken out the camera man! We've lost picture of this one!

<O:82% Whiskey Marc gained overness from this segment. >

Rey Mysterio vs Billy Kidman

Meltzer: "I have to respect Billy Kidman for coming out here tonight after his war last night. We didn't expect him to be here tonight!"

Kidman is noticeably banged up from his fight last night. Torrie came out with him for this one and stood at ringside, offering her moral support to Kidman. He was a bit slow in the ring, and these two unfortunately didn't put on the highlight reel we would normally expect, but that was with reason. Midmatch now and Kidman only got a 2 count from the face crusher. Rey goes up top and jumps off, riding kidman down to the ground and sitting on his chest and going for the pin. But wait! 3 men come running down to the ring... SUPERKICK by Stevie Richards on Mysterio as the 3 was being counted. The ref calls for the bell, but Lodi throws him out of the ring. Raven in the ring now, EVENFLOW to Rey. Lodi and Stevie Hold Rey as Raven shouts out orders. Billy up top... SHOOTING STAR PRESS!

Winner: Rey Mysterio by DQ

<M:82% C:76% O:79%>

Raven grabs a mic.

Raven: "WHAT ABOUT US? All you people, you forgot about us. We are the forgotten in WCW. No one cares about us, NO ONE. We are the rebels to society that you all view as different. And we realized that in this company, we would never make it alone. So we have rebanded, and everyone who has ever looked down upon us will pay. For we are, The Flock. Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Raven hits Rey with the Microphone, as Lodie and Stevie are holding him up. They leave the ring, Rey has been busted open!

<O:94% Rey Mysterio gained overness from this segment. >

Sean O' Haire and Mark Jindrak © vs Al Snow and Steve Blackman, WCW Tag Team title match.

The champs looked impressive in this one, dominating the match. Al Snow and Blackman worked well as a team, but in the end, the champs were just too much for them, who showed great tag team wrestling. An all around good match here. Al Snow did hit the snowplow on Jindrak, but the menacing O'Haire broke it up. Jindrak and O'Haire got a huge pop when O'Haire hit a springboard clothesline on Blackman, who was on Jindraks shoulders. Double powerbomb on Al Snow leads to the 1-2-3, as the champs celebrate in the ring.

WINNERS: Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak

<M:78% C:66% O:72% The WCW Tag Team titles have gained in image. >

<=:=><=:=>Video package from last night's event, urging people to buy the replay<=:=><=:=>

Colt Cabana vs Diamond Dallas Page

Apparently, Cabana had requested this match for unknown reasons. It was a pretty solid match too! Cabana was the big underdog in this one, as DDP, The grizzled vet, took the advantage most of the match. There was some good mat wrestling by DDP in this one, who managed to keep Cabana grounded while working the neck. It looked as though DDP was going to win it with a Camel clutch, but Cabana got to the ropes. Cabana distracted the ref, holding his shirt near the ropes, and with DDP's back turned, ACE STEEL entered the RING!!! Twist of Cain to DDP, the ref didn't see it! Ace slides out of the ring and hides. The ref confusedly counts the 1-2-3 for Cabana, who rolls out of the ring and celebrates with Ace Steel! What a debut for Ace Steel, the third Second City Saints member has been reunited with Colt! And what a steal for Colt, this is a HUGE victory for him! DDP is yelling in the ring at the two, He's PISSED!

WINNER: Colt Cabana

<M:78% C:62% O:70% Colt Cabana gained overness from this match. >

Colt and Ace are walking backstage now when they run into CM Punk, who doesn't look very happy.

COLT: "CM BRO!!! LOOK Who it is man, Ace! The saints are back!!!"

Colt and Ace are as happy as ever, and Ace goes to hug CM

CM: "Whoa whoa whoa. I'm glad your here and all man, but let me tell you two something. This is the big leagues guys. That wasn't Jay Briscoe out there who you two just screwed, that was Diamond Dallas Page, a WCW legend. You don't do that to legends, you beat them cleanly or lose, that's how it goes."

CM Punk walks off.

Ace: "Jeez, what's with that guy. He's changed!"

Colt: "All he cares about anymore is impressing the fans"

<O:75% Colt Cabana gained overness from this segment. >

With that, we cut to Booker T backstage talking with some fans. He's signing autographs and whatnot, chatting with the fans, when all of a sudden, Scott Steiner blindsides him, taking him down. He kicks Book, but doesn't keep the advantage for long, as book fights his way up and delivers a series of right hands. Book with a low blow kick! He see's something.  Book picks up Steiner, and TOSSES HIM THROUGH A GLASS WINDOW!!!

Meltzer: "MY GOD!!!"

Book: "Steiner, anytime anywhere, that title is coming home with the booka man"

Steiner is busted WIDE OPEN as book stares at what he's done to the US Champ!

<O:84%>

Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Jericho, 2 out of 3 falls for the #1 Contendership to the world title.

FIRST FALL

This one starts out fast paced with a series of counters and near pinfalls. They break, and get a great reaction from the crowd. They do it again, mirroring each other this time. Another break leads to another approval from the crowd. The first pinfall saw Eddie go for a dropkick, but jericho grabbed the legs and tried to turn him over for the Liontamer. Eddie rolled him up and grabbed the tights, scoring the first 1-2-3, and Jericho is SHOCKED!

SECOND FALL

So Jericho has finally regained composure and takes it slow and methodical, as they tie up. Jericho gains the advantage and goes on the offensive. Jericho gets the missle dropkick, which leads to a near count. Jericho gets the bulldog, but Eddie gets the knees up for the Lionsault. Eddie tries for the 3 amigos, but Jericho reverses it, goes behind and goes for a tiger suplex w/ a bridge! 1-2-3 and Jericho has tied it up!

FINAL FALL

The two simply go at it with right hands. Eddie gains the advantage before clotheslining Jericho up and over. They fight on the outside before Jericho picks up Eddie and drills him groin first into the steel turnbuckle post. Back in the ring, Jericho has grounded Eddie, going to work on the legs. Jericho goes for a figure 4, but Eddie shoves him off, jericho bounces off the ropes, only to get a kick to the gut and a ddt. Eddie slowly makes his way up top. FROG SPLASH... MISSED, Jericho rolls out of the way, gets up and hits the ropes.. LIONSAULT CONNECTS! 1 -  2 .. KICKOUT! Jericho goes for the Liontamer, he gets it locked in! Eddie makes it to the ropes and Jericho breaks the hold. Eddie comes running at Jericho, SPINEBUSTER by Jericho. Jericho grabs the legs as eddie tries to fight it, SHARPSHOOTER!! Eddie doesn't want to, but after 30 econds, he taps out to the Sharpshooter, knowing what it did to Hogan last night and not wanting to suffer the same fate. Jericho celebrates in the ring as this one comes to a close

WINNER: Chris Jericho

<M:100% C:77% O:88%>

Show quality: 77%

user posted image

Source: NoDQ.com

August 30th, 2005

RATINGS NEWS

WWE has OFFICIALLY moved to the Primetime slot! They are now competing head to head with Impact, Nitro and Hardcore TV!!

PRIMETIME:

WWE - 6.04

WCW - 5.87

ECW - 5.44

TNA - 3.13

FALL BRAWL POSTER RELEASED!!!

user posted image

I don't think anything needs to be said...

WCW, STACEY KEIBLER COME TO TERMS

WCW's creative team obviously has found something for Stacey Keibler, as she has signed a 2 year deal with the company.

ACE STEEL DEBUTS!

Honestly, who expected ACE STEEL to show up on Nitro and help Colt Cabana defeat DDP? Two great debuts in two nights, Eric obviously means business.

Rumor Mill...

Eric Bischoff has been gloating all week to friends and family that he's hooked "a big one" and is reeling it in. More on this as it develops.

Bischoff/Spike TV Meeting

September 1st, 2005

Spike: "Well, Eric, I'm glad we could come together and get this deal working. All the logistics of WCW's new TV Show on Spike TV have been worked out, and now we just need to settle on a day"

Eric: "Well, sir, in all honestly, it is my intention to Rival Smackdown! on Thursday nights. I wouldn't have it any other way."

The board of directors talk quietly amongst themselves.

Spike: "Well, Eric, we here at Spike would be endulged in a conflict of interest if we gave you a show during the same broadcast time as WWE Smackdown. As you know, we are host Raw on Monday night and would not like to anger them, as we recently came to terms on a new contract. So I will reject your thursday primetime request and counter with a early evening Tuesday slot.

Eric: "You're joking right? You want WCW to air a show on Tuesday afternoon? 16 hours after Nitro? What kind of a proposal is that? That's ridiculous. This is a slap in the face to Eric Bischoff and WCW. If you don't think we can compete with WWE, You're wrong, and I'd rather take my business elsewhere if you think down on WCW."

Spike: "Now Eric, this is a professional enviroment. This isn't a storyline, it's business. Please keep your composure during this meeting.

Eric: "No, No I won't. And No I won't sign this television contract either. Goodbye gentlemen, I'll take my show elsewhere. And don't come begging back to me in 3 months when ECW is dead and WWE is reeling.

-----------------------

Back in Eric's Office.

Sophie: "How'd the meeting go Mr. Bischoff? Did we get the show?

Eric: "No Sophie, we didn't. And I'm glad. I'm glad because those guys are jackasses, they're afraid of a little competition. Vince has them in his back pocket obviously. They're pacifists, pussies.

Sophie: Pussies sir?

Eric: "Excuse my language, I'm just a little frustrated. This will be our 3rd month without a second TV Show and the internet wrestling community are on our back about the lack of star power. Hell Sophie, we're going no where basically. Our PI has only

Sophie: "Ah, you've been reading my reports as well sir. And don't mind the language, I'm use to words like Pussy and Bitch, I hear them all the time. We don't have to stay professional."

Eric: ..... "Are you trying to tell me something Sophie?"

Sophie: "Err.. not really. Anyways, who are we going to contact this month about our show? It's apparent USA and Spike aren't interested in our product, and UPN...it would be bad business to have two shows on UPN. We couldn't compete with WWE either on thursday nights. No one is biting on pro wrestling, because it's just an all out war sir.

Eric: "I know I know. Next month, we will get that tv deal."

Sophie: "I'm glad we were able to get Stacey Keibler resigned, it would be a shame to lose such...hot.. talent in a period like this"

Eric: "Yes yes, Has she signed the official contract yet?"

Sophie: "Not yet, she's been working with the creative team for the last few days, but as soon as she gets a chance to come into the offices, you can rest assured we'll get her nailed."

Eric: "Nailed?'

Sophie: "errr... I mean, we'll get her deal nailed down and official."

Eric: "Sounds good Sophie. By the way, did those "other" contracts pass through the office yet?"

Sophie: "yes, yes they did Mr. Bischoff. Just wow.

Eric: "Good, don't go telling the dirtsheets what you know."

Sophie: "My lips are sealed."

WCW Nitro

September 5th, 2005

Meltzer: "What a jampacked show we have for you tonight live only on Nitro!

Coach: "Don't even bother changing the channel! Let the action Began!

Jody Fleisch vs Sexxy Eddy

What a treat, we're actually gonna see some 1 on 1 cruiser action? This was a fantastic way to kick off Nitro, showing what WCW is all about, which is in ring ability. Fleisch looked impressive and fast as hell, hitting a backspring backflip reverse DDT which got a HUGE pop. A fair 7 minute contest that saw both competitors getting the advantage. In the end, Fleisch telegraphed the 5 Star porn splash and then followed up with the IMPRESSIVE 720 Phoenix DDT for the win. He doesn't bother to stay in the ring and just leaves after getting his handraised.

WINNER: Jody Fleisch

<M:78% C:51% O:64%>

Mysterio's theme hits and out comes Rey Rey and Amazing Red! They pose on the entrance ramp and slap hands before heading to the ring. Wait...from behind on the entrance ramp, The Flock attack them from behind, sending them to the ground. Richards and Lodi irish whip rey and red into the steel guardrails. Rey gets bodyslammed by Lenny as Raven is barking out orders. They get the two in the ring now, and this is not looking good. Superkick by Richards on Red. Raven hits an evenflow on Rey. Kidman up top, SHOOTING STAR on Red. Lodi up top, Elbow drop onto Rey. Lenny and Lodi pick up red and hit him with a double ddt. Raven picks up Rey and throws him to richards. Richards go's for the piledriver, But raven climbs to the second rope, SPIKE PILEDRIVER TO REY! Rey and Amazing Red are down and out in the ring as the flock leaves to a series of boo's. Kidman wraps his arm around torrie on the way out, yelling to the crowd "she's mine!" It's a shame, we were looking forward to this tag match too!

<O:79% The Amazing Red gained overness from this segment.>

We go to a video segment now that looks like it's being produced by a High School AV club. on the Screen it read's "Colt Cabana's Good Times and Great Memories". We fade in and Cabana is sitting at a desk.

Cabana: "Hello wrestling fans and welcome to this addition of Colt Cabana's Good Times and Great Memories, brought to you in part by the second city saints and WCW. The two gentlemen I have on my show tonight hate each other without question. Last month, on an episode of the Cat's Cradle, Whiskey Marc demolished The Cat, Ernest Miller. Then, just a couple weeks ago, Cat returned at Road Wild to cost Whiskey Marc his match between Hurricane and Whipwreck. These two obviously just can't get along, so I must ask the burning question, What gives guys?"

The camera pans out, and sitting on each side of the desk is Whiskey and The Cat.

Cat: "Cabana, I know what you're trying to do here, and it won't work. I won't shake that man's hand, that scum. You should still be locked up in jail Marc. You don't belong here and you know it. Go to an ultraviolence company if you want pain and suffering, because that's not what WCW is about.

Cabana: "Cat cat cat, pal, buddyyyy... I'm the conflict solver amigo. I'm just trying to ease the tension. In fact, it's so tight you could cut it with a knife!"

Cabana holds up a plastic knife and smiles at the Camera

Whiskey: "If you want to see a real Knife Cabana..."

Whiskey Pulls out a switchblade from his back pocket. Cabana makes a face that makes it seem like he's scared but he's not.

Whiskey: "I've hurt many a men with this knife, but sadly, I won't be doing that to you Cat."

Whiskey throws the knife off screen.

Whiskey: "You see, I'm going to make this plain and simple. I'm here because you don't want me here. I thrive off knowing that I make you uncomfortable sitting there. Everyone knows what I've done in the past, there's no denying that. So Cabana, I'm sorry, but I cant kiss and make up with Cat. Instead, I want a match Cat, I want a Violent match. And if you don't accept, I'll hurt you when you least expect it. What I did last month will be nothing compared to what I'll do to you. I want you in a NO ROPE BARBED WIRE match."

Cabana: "NO ROPE BARBED WIRE? ISN'T THAT BANNED? ONLY ROH AND CZW ARE SICK ENOUGH TO DO THAT, YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS..."

Cat: "Look bro, you're right, I am scared of your creepy ass, and I want to fight your punk ass, but even I'm not crazy enough to fight in that kind of a match. Go back to Japan, YOU FREAK!"

Cat gets up and walks off camera, leaving cabana to make silly faces while Whiskey just sat in the chair calm as he has been for the entire segment. We're seeing a different side of him.

<O:77% Colt Cabana gained overness from this segment. Whiskey Marc gained overness from this segment. >

Big Vito vs Paul Birchall

Welp, this one was just simply a squash just to remind everyone that Big Vito is in fact a badass, as if everyone didn't know. Birchall got in little offense, which is a step back from his recent showings last month in the battle royals and tag team affairs. Damn that WCW management! Vito tossed Birchall around like a ragdoll, hitting the usual heavyweight moves on a lightweight, the overhead press, powerslam, you've seen it a million times on Smackdown. Vito won this one at about the 4 minute mark with a sitout powerbomb. Vito celebrates after his victory as if he just pulled out an upset against a top star. No one is very impressed but the fat bald guy in the front row eating nachos, but he also marked out when the spanish announce team came out before the show started.

WINNER: Big Vito

<M:88% C:49% O:68%>

The Tag champ's music hits as out comes O'Haire and Jindrak with the tag straps. They give vito a look as if they're disgusted by his presence as they pass each other on the ramp. Birchall is being helped out of the ring, selling his beatdown. The champs get in the ring and grab a mic, O'Haire has something to say!

O'Haire: "Tag champs in the house. We just came out here, cause we have a little annoucement to make!"

Jindrak: "Mixed with our studly presence, we recently found out... that chicks really dig the gold. With that, we'd like to bring out our newly appointed manager, The best ass in the business.. Stacey Keibler!"

Stacey Keibler comes out wearing a lot more makeup then usual, wearing a short leather skirt and tight shirt with a weird red logo on it. The crowd isn't sure how to react, as Stacey looks hot as hell as usual, but different, almost sluttier then beautiful. She gets in the ring, but show's her thong clad ass to the fans before stepping through the ropes and grabbing a Mic.

Stacey: "Thank you for that Mark, you sure do know how to work a girl over. And I mean that, in more ways then one stud. Ever since I met Sean and Mark, I've never been happier. They've taught me to be who I want, rather then what all you want. I  don't have to put on a fake smile or prance around in a bikini for ugly fans anymore. Now I have two manly, studly hellions to prance around whatever I want...or don't want...to wear. I mean seriously ladies, look at your man, then look at my men. One guy just isn't enough for Stacey Keibler. While you're in bed at night, bored while your man's asleep like a baby, me and my boys are out clubbing, or perhaps... just back at the hotel all night long. You see, They needed someone to manage their newly acquired famous lifestyles, and I needed the benefits of having a man.. or should I say, men around me. Oh Sean, you droppped your tag title, let me get that for you."

With that, Stacey walks over to sean and bends over in front of him, giving him a full view of her ass as she bent over and picked up his tag team title. With that, their metalish entrance theme hit and the trio posed, Stacey on one knee and the two at her sides, titles raised in the air.

<O:68% >

Meltzer: "I can't believe what I just saw"

Coach: "Meltzer, that's because you don't hang out with the ladies like coach does. In fact, O'Haire and Jindrak just invited me to their hotel party! I don't even know why I'm still here!"

Diamond Dallas Page vs Ace Steel

Another great performance by DDP. Ace Steel is making his in-ring debut at WCW, and puts on quite a show, nailing some high flying offense early in the contest, a pair of drop kicks and a snap suplex. DDP went for a monkey flip up and over, but Ace landed on the ropes and hit a back elbow. But a missed top tope clothesline spelled disaster for Ace, as DDP noticed him favoring his arm. DDP went to work with arm ringers and other submission holds, including an STO, which is something new for DDP, who is showing a different side here in WCW. Here comes the finish, Irish whip by DDP, reversed by Steel, DDP ducks the clothesline, DIAMOND CUTTER!!!

Here comes Colt Cabana, but CM Punk is not too far behind. DDP goes for the pin, Cabana slides into the ring... BUT CM GRABS HIS LEG. Cabana fights to get to the pin as the ref counts the 1-2-3, with CM preventing Colt Cabana from interfering in the contest. Cabana can be heard yelling to punk, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!". CM Didn't reply, and slowly walked up the ramp, smiling, while the crowd cheered him and DDP, who was celebrating in the ring.

WINNER: Diamond Dallas Page

<M:73% C:51% O:62%>

We go now to Eric Bischoff's office, and Eric is sitting at his desk going over some papers. He takes off his reading glasses.

Eric: "As some of you may have saw on the internet, Fall Brawl's poster has been released. With that, I'd just like to confirm it's contests. At Fall Brawl, Chris Jericho will face Hulk Hogan for the WCW World Heavyweight title in a PINFALLS ONLY STEEL CAGE MATCH! Now, some of you are wondering what would happen if Hulk Hogan could not participate in the match, well, in the event of that situation, the title will be forfeited and awarded to the number one contender, whom is Chris Jericho. We expect to hear from Hulk Hogan later in the telecast. I'm looking foward to seeing what he has to say via satelite."

<O:86%>

We come back and see Raven is sitting in the corner with a Microphone.

Raven: "It seems to me as if WCW doesn't care about Raven anymore. They've turned their back on me, because I have turned my back on all of them. They don't want Raven to wrestle on tv apparently, their collective genius would rather put

cruiserweights against heavyweights just to watch them get picked apart. They fear that the demons inside me will cause me to injure their precious gems, their talent of the future. If they don't want to book me, fine. I'll just sit here in this very corner until the next time they decide to pay some bills and go to commercial break. WHAT ABOUT RAVEN? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN? WHAT ABOUT RAVEN? WHAT ABOUT.."

GLASS SHATTERS! Out comes Austin, Steel chair in hand. Austin is walking with authority, he rolls into the ring, and Raven rolls out as Austin runs and tries to hit him with the chair. The crowd cheers as Austin poses on all four turnbuckles before grabbing a microphone.

Austin: "Raven, you measily mouthed bastard. If you want a match, you've got a match. Next week, You and ONLY you Raven, will take on Rey Mysterio and Amazing Red. And if any of your little outcast sons of bitches come to the ring, they're fired! And here's your fair warning son. If you EVER, EVER, disrupt a live television show again with your "what about me, what about raven"(in a high pitched voice) crap again, I'll make you face that whole locker room you little piece of crap. Now someone get me a damn beer."

<O:95% Raven gained overness from this segment. >

MATT HARDY VS EDDIE GUERRERO © WCW CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Austin gets tossed a couple beers and starts drinking them as he walks up the ramp. Matt Hardy's theme hits and out comes Mattitude and Maria, the happy couple. Austin looks at them at the top of the ramp, before offering Matt a Beer. Matt takes the beer and him and Maria make their way to the ring. Matt goes to drink the beer, but Maria stops him and takes it away, setting it on the announce table after she leave the ring.

Eddie makes his way out next and gets some serious heat from the crowd, but he loves it.This match was MOTN, a good long 12 minute bout. The opening saw a series of counters that ended with Eddie poking matt in the eyes and taking the advantage. Good technical prowless by Eddie, as he gets off an arm ringer arm drag and an overhead belly to belly in the early going. Midmatch, Matt hit the usual trademark stuff, the sidewinder and the 2nd rope legdrop, which pleased the crowd. Unfortunately, the moves are more crowd pleasing then affect, as Eddie only was down for about a 1 1/2 count. Near the end now, we see matt go for the twist of fate, only to be shoved inth the ropes and have eddie apply a sleeper hold takedown. Eddie rolls out of the ring and grabs the beer that Maria had left on the table. He takes a huge swig of it, and SPITS IT IN MARIA'S FACE. She is screaming like a baby now as the ref goes outside to calm her down. Eddie pulls brass knucks out of his pocket and DRILLS MATT WITH THEM, as he was getting to his feet. The ref comes back in and counts the 1-2-3 as Eddie has stolen this one to retain the title. Eddie laughs at Maria and Matt in  the ring, Maria is now attending to Matt as the ref is as well.

WINNER: Eddie Guerrero

<M:86% C:88% O:87% The WCW Cruiserweight title has gained in image. >

We come back and REAL AMERICAN hits the P.A. system. The crowd goes nuts.

Meltzer: "IS HULK HOGAN HERE?! MY GOD !!!"

Disapointingly, Hogan appears on the tron, apparently from the comfort of his living room. To his side sits the WCW Heavyweight title, as well as a pair of crutches. His left leg has a very large brace on it.

Hulk: "Hulkamania isn't running wild tonight, I appologize to you all for that. It's not often that Hulk Hogan does an interview in this condition, as the fans deserve me to be out there in that ring kicking ass brothers. But unfortuanately, that punk Chris Jericho made that a little hard for me to do. You know If there was any sort of chance that I could be there,  I would brothers, but that just can't happen tonight, or next week either. I've seen the best doctors in the world, and they've all told me I have to stay off this leg for two more weeks. But rest assured, I will be at Fall Brawl, and I will kick Chris Jericho's butt in that steel cage. And when the leg drop comes crashing down on across his neck for the 1-2-3 and my hand is raised the victor, that "assclown" will know not the mess with Hulk, the hulkamaniacs, or the phenominon that is HULKAMANIA. Before I go, I have one more announcement to make. This Thursday, The Hulk is holding a press conference, and you're all invited. I have a big announcement to make, and I want all my fans to be there along with all the media and reporters as well! It'll be huge, I promise you this! It's an announcement regarding.."

<O:90%>

"BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!!!"

Chris Jericho comes out from the back, getting huge heat for what he's just done.

Meltzer: "Chris Jericho has just cut off Hulk Hogan's interview time"

Coach: "HAHAHAHA, I LOVE IT!"

Meltzer: "You would. Folks, It looks like we have main event time here at Nitro!"

CHRIS JERICHO vs BOOKER T

Both competitors in the ring now. This one was a fairly good match, not a great match, but a good one. Book hit a barrage of kicks, but Jericho ducked the big one, a thrust kick, and went for the Liontamer in the early going, but book quickly made it to the ropes. They battled on the outside for a bit, risking countout, but that would be blasphemy for a main event! Jericho gained the advantage on the outside, hitting book's head against the steel guard rail. Inside the ring now, Jericho goes to work on the legs, driving his knee into Book's leg before applying a 1 leg grapevine. Book obviously doesn't tap. Midmatch now and action has picked up, book hits a series of punches, he's gaining moment, off the ropes, roaring elbow, Jericho is down, but Book only gets a 1 count. Knee to the face before he can get up. Irish Whip by book, who puts his head down, only to have Jericho telegraph it, and slam his head into the back of the canvas as Jericho quickly kills Book's moment. Jericho goes for the lionsault, and suprisingly connects. 1 - 2 Kickout, Jericho was as shocked as the crowd was that he hit the lionsault this early. Jericho goes back to work on the leg, which the crowd is apparently growing restless with. Near the end of the match now and Book has finally gotten moment, operating on one leg. Irish Whip, Side kick to Jericho! But that one hurt Book as well! Both superstars are down.

BUT WAIT, here comes Steiner from the back, US title in hand. The ref is yelling at Steiner, but he's not listening. Book to his feet, and back down, Steiner floors him with the belt as the ref calls for the bell. Steiner goes to work on Book before Jericho regains his composure. They double team Book with a series of kicks. Steiner goes for the Steiner recliner, book is in pain! Jericho grabs the legs and puts a his foot through the locked legs, SHARPSHOOTER. They've got the double submission on Book locked in as the bell is going crazy now. This lasts for about 15 seconds, until "WHATEVER" by Our Lady Peace hits and out comes racing Benoit, taped ribs and all. Steiner and Jericho see this and quickly scatter, they want no part in Benoit at all. Benoit has fended off Steiner and Jericho, who have regrouped near the entrance ramp and are shouting at Benoit, who is shouting right back. The camera fades out as the war of words continues.

WINNER: BOOKER T BY DQ

<M:81% C:94% O:90% Booker T gained overness from this match. >

SHOW RATING: 77%

Edited by Disengager

Diary update:

In an effort to curb the insane ammount of posts this topic has (nearly 70 for 2 1/2 months), I will be changing up the update style a bit.

Instead of having an update for NODQ, a segment and Nitro preview, I'm just going to combine then into one update. So, basically, one day I'll hope to get up a show, then the next day I'll get that week's nodq,segment and preview up.

SURVEY TIME:

1. How do you feel about this?

2. How's the diary going so far?

3. Do you like the writing style and why?

I like the setup of it now but I agree that the amount of posts with the updates you'll need to cut down on them. The diary is going great and the style is great aswell. Its easy to read the way you have it set up. Keep it up and put that title on JERICHO!!!

user posted image

September 6th, 2005

RATINGS RATINGS RATINGS!

Primetime:

WWE - 6.05

WCW - 5.81

ECW - 5.46

TNA - 5.81

As you can see, WCW ratings slipped just a bit this week. No one is sure exactly why, as it was a good show that featured an early return from Chris Benoit. Some cite matches between fleisch/sexxxy Eddy and Vito/Birchall, as there is no history between the two. Also, Stacey Keibler and O'haire and Jindrak's segments confused the crowd, as it wasn't apparent to them that this was Stacey's heel turn.

WCW Releases 3 wrestlers

WCW has mutually agreed to part ways with Andrew Martin, Shawn Stasiak and Eric Angle. Martin has been unhappy with his role and many said he was out of element in WCW. WCW Creative had no current plans for Stasiak, who was growing unhappy with his role. Eric Angle, who had only made a couple appearances in WCW mutually agreed to end his deal with WCW, as he would rather try his hand at the growing indy circuit. We wish these 3 the best of luck with future endeavors. WCW did leave the door open for return.

Hulk Hogan's Press conference

There is a ton of hype surrounding Hulk Hogan's upcoming press conference on thursday. Sources are saying this is a career announcement that will change the face of WCW.

I like the setup of it now but I agree that the amount of posts with the updates you'll need to cut down on them.  The diary is going great and the style is great aswell.  Its easy to read the way you have it set up.  Keep it up and put that title on JERICHO!!!

user posted image

WCW Nitro

September 12th, 2005

"BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!!!"

Meltzer: "Welcome to Nitro everyone, it looks like we're gonna start off with the presence of the #1 contender, Chris Jericho"

Coach: "What a way to kick off Nitro."

Chris Jericho does his pose on the ropes while yelling at fans, who are all over him tonight. He grabs a microphone.

Y2J: "You jackasses boo me like I'm the devil, but in reality, I'm doing you all a favor. I'm destroying the most boring force in wrestling history. You're all too blinded by Hulk Hogan's oiled up muscles and little red and yellow gimmick to see the man is killing professional wrestling. We have a champion who can't even show up television every week. He's hardly a fighting champion. But Hogan's always done just that, the least ammount of work in the ring as possible. But hey, why work when you can just be a lazy son of a bitch and get paid to do it?

But that's not why I'm out here tonight. No, I'm out here to give some lucky assclown in the back a chance to prove themselves. Everyone always talks trash in the locker rooms, saying what they could do given the airtime, given the opportunity to prove themselves. Well, if one of those jackasses wants to stop talking and come out here, I'm looking for a fight tonight!"

Chris Jericho does some stretches in the ring, waiting for someone to come out. No one comes out after 15 seconds.

Y2J: "Just as I thought, there's no one back there who isn't chicken..."

An unknown theme hits and out comes a young lightweight wrestler with blonde hair, much like Jericho's. He's wearing his wrestling tights and an unbuttoned shirt with a weird design with vibrant colors, much like Jericho as well. The guy doesn't get much of a reaction, as only a couple tape traders in the arena know who he is. Even Jericho doesn't know the man's identity.

Y2J: "And who the hell are you suppose to be, Y2J Junior? Mini-Me? How cute, a Jerichoholic, just wait backstage and I'll get you an autographed picture and photo after I'm through, kid.

Wrestler: "You are right, I am a fan Jericho, I'm a big fan. But I'm also a wrestler, and a damn good one at that. And all I want is an opportunity to prove myself. For I, I am Adam Windsor.

Y2J: "Adam Windsor, eh? Adamn Windsor? What  the hell is a Adam Windsor? You sound british, what are you, some cheap knock off british version of Y2J? You know what, it doesn't matter, get in the ring, let's get a zebra out here, and let me show you why I am, The Highlight of the night.

<O:83% Chris Jericho lost overness from this segment. Adam Windsor gained overness from this segment. >

Adam Windsor Vs Chris Jericho

Windsor plays it cool despite probably being nervous as hell making a nationally televised debut against one of WCW's top talents. Jericho has the size and stregnth advantage, and utilizes both the entire match. Jericho takes on the offensive most of the match, playing it cocky and completely overlooking the kid's potential. Jericho had control most of the match, and this appeared to be just a squash, but near the end, Windsor picked up steam after sidestepping Jericho's missile dropkick. Windsor responded with dropkicks of his own and a clothesline which had jericho rolling to the outside. Windsor went up and over with a splah on Jericho and threw him back in the ring. He climbed up top and hit a beautiful moonsault which only got a 2 count. In control, Windsor waited for Jericho to get up, and called for the superkick, which got a small pop. It looked like the kid might pull an upset here. Superkick attempt, Y2J Grabs the leg and throws him down with authority before slapping on the liontamer, in which Windsor almost immediately tapped out. After the match, Y2J waited in the ring while Windsor got to his feet. Y2J offered his hand, and as Windsor went to accept, Jericho retracted it and slammed it across the side of the face of Windsor, which drew some heat from the crowd following a good match.

Winner: Chris Jericho

<M:78% C:72% O:75%>

Chavo Guerrero vs CM Punk

CM got a decent reaction almost that of top face would receive. The fans have grown to respect his in-ring ability as well as his character. Chavo on the other hand, had a little heat, but not as much as he should. He needs more airtime, let's hope WCW gets that second TV deal soon or guys like him may look for better opportunities elsewhere. This was a great match, very fast paced and very clean as far as ringwork went. Chavo and CM engaged in the whole "I'll counter your pin with a pin" series which lasted about 9 pinfalls, which lead to a break and approval from the crowd. From there on out, CM retained control for much of the match, and it looked as though he may have had it won, as he caught Chavo uptop by hitting the ropes. Punk tried to climb up top, but Chavo shoved him off. Just then, Colt Cabana and Ace steel came running down to ringside, Ace distracted the ref while Colt hit the ring and threw Chavo off the turnbuckle. CM grabbed Cabana's shoulder and spun him around, yelled at him and threw him through the ropes. CM turned around, only to be on the receiving end of a kid to the stomach and a Chavo spike DDT, which put him down for the 1-2-3. After the match, Cabana got back in the ring and him and CM engaged in an argument. Cabana extends his hand to punk, asking him to just forgive him, but CM would have none of it, turning his back on his stablemate while Ace Steel watched it all go down from the outside.

Winner: Chavo Guerrero

<M:100% C:57% O:78%>

We see Eric Bischoff sitting at his desk backstage.

Eric: "I've noticed that Scott Steiner hasn't defended his US title recently, and it appears as though I've received a request from a worthy challenger, so tonight, in your main event, it will be Scott Steiner, defending his US Title against CHRIS BENOIT. I have another request here, from Whiskey Marc. Whiskey Marc has requested a NO ROPE BARBED WIRE match at Fall Brawl against Ernest "The Cat" Miller. Well Whiskey, I know in Japan those are pretty standard, but let me tell you something, THIS ISN'T JAPAN. However, I'm going to grant your request, although it won't be a barbed wire match, it will be a hardcore anything goes match. Finally, In case you're wondering where he's been, I've given Eddie Guerrero the night off to be with his family while his wife is recovering from illness. That's about all I have here, and I don't want to take up anymore time because we have a great show left for you tonight because that's what Eric Bischoff is all about. Only on WCW will you find great talent from all walks of the world. All styles are reprented in WCW. We're nota cruiserweight only promotion with some washed up bignames, we're not a purely heavyweight wrestling promotion, we're not the home of talentless wrestlers who hit each other with weapons for cheap pops. We're WCW, the best wrestling around."

<O:77%>

Sexxxy Eddy and Ultimo Dragon vs Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak © for the WCW Tag Team Titles

Stacey accompanied the champs to ringside, dressed nastier then ever, decked out in a leather mini skirt and tubetop. She plants an extremely explicit kiss on each of the champions before exiting the match. The fans aren't quite sure how to react to her. Suprisingly, this was a pretty back and forth matchup for the majority of the match, until O'Haire nailed a low blow kick on Eddy while Jindrak distracted the ref, it went all downhill for the challengers there. O'Haire and Jindrak's cheap tactics were just too much for the challengers. The ending came when Dragon went from a hurricanrana after being whipped into the ropes, but Jindrak reversed it with a sitout powerbomb for the 1-2-3, as the champs celebrate in the ring. They're really on a roll in the recent weeks!

WINNERS: Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak

<M:84% C:62% O:73%>

We're greeted to a video on the tron, it must be time for the Matt Hardy show! Matt comes on the screen, along with Maria, with the The Eifel Tower in the background!

Matt: "Greetings from Europe! Welcome to the Matt Hardy show! You know, it's so great Eric gave me and Maria time off to take a vacation, we're having an absolute blast! We just wanted to share with you some of the great stuff we've done so far on vacation!"

Maria and Matt kiss as we go into a montage, showing Matt and Maria at different places in Europe, doing different things. The crowd was BORED out of their mind, as the video lasted nearly 5 minutes. Matt Hardy goes from grueling feud with Kidman to being family man? Has the WCW creative team lost their mind? The video's biggest pop comes when Maria is shown on the beach, obviously being taped by Matt. She bends over to pickup something in the water, which gets about the most interest from the crowd of the entire show. I bet Sophie had her eye on that part of the segment!

<O:77%>

We're back and The ring is set up for the Cat's Cradle, complete with the Cat, who's already in the ring!

Cat: "Before we get started, I just want to say that I'm not happy with Eric Bischoff booking me in a hardcore match with Whiskey Marc at the Pay Per View. After hearing his request, I want nothing more to do with that freak, I don't want to step in the ring with him, nor do I want to fight him. But anyways, tonight, I have two very special guests, Mr. Colt Cabana, and Mr. CM PUNK!"

Colt Cabana and CM Punk come out together to The Saints entrance theme, although Punk looks more bored then interested in this angle. They get in the ring.

Cat: "Now fella's, I've noticed you two apparently have a ltitle beef with each other in the last weeks.  CM, would you like to explain your side?

CM: "What's there to explain? I'm a fair fighter, I'm better then everyone else. I don't appreciate people running in on my matches, and I don't appreciate people disrespecting legends of this company. I don't need anyone's help to beat anyone in the world, let alone WCW. The Saints should be better then that Cabana, you know better."

Cabana: "Hold on CM, I'm sick and tired of you thinking you can just tell me how to go about my business. CM, You've always though that you were the leader of the Saints, but that's not true. I'm the one who hosts my own show, I'm the one who's participated in LEGENDARY ROH Battles...I'm the.."

CM: "Yada yada yada, you know what Cabana, If you want to talk about ROH that's  fine, go ahead and talk about ROH, but that's in the past bro. I've beat you in the past, and I'm not afraid to do it again. If that's what it's going to come down to, if you think you're better then me, I've got news for you pal, you're not. If you want to be the leader of the saints, fine but you're gonna have to win it from me."

Cabana: "Is that a chall.."

Before Colt Cabana could finish his statement, Whiskey Marc's music hits and out comes the monster. Cat and Cabana immediately leave the ring, leaving Punk in there alone by himself. Punk is standing his ground as Whiskey steps over the top rope and goes face to face with him.  The two stare at each other, before exchanging blows. Punk gets the better of Whiskey and knocks him out of the ring with a right hand. Whiskey is apparently mad and tries to get back in the ring, but Punk pushes him off the apron as we go to commercial.

<O:78% Colt Cabana gained overness from this segment.>

Raven vs Rey Mysterio and Amazing Red

Red and Mysterio were simply too much for Raven alone in this match, and they unleashed a series of high risk assault on Raven in a match in which all Flock members were barred from ringside. Stevie Richards, Billy Kidman and Torrie watched on a monitor in the back, hoping for their leader to pull out a miraculous win, but it didn't look like that was going to happen. Red hit the Satelite DDT, Which set Raven up for the 619, but Mysterio could only get a 2 count, as Raven is definitely a tough competitor. Double whip on raven as both cruiserweights put their heads down, setting up for possibly a back body drop. Big mistake as Raven catches them both with a double ddt. As Raven went for the pin, LODI came from the crowd and held Mysterio's legs, preventing a kickout as Raven stoled this one with a pinfall victory. Raven celebrates his win as Lenny gets in the ring and throws out Mysterio and Red.

Meltzer: "Lodi broke the stipulation!!"

Coach: "Ah, austin's just all talk, he didn't mean that"

The crowd boo's as Raven has cheated his way out of sure defeat.

WINNER: Raven

<M:87% C:78% O:82% Rey Mysterio lost overness from this match. >

GLASS SHATTERS! Out comes Austin atop the ramp, Microphone in hand.

Austin: "UH AH, Raven, if you thought you were getting off the handle that easy, you're wrong. You thought you could one up Stone Cold, UH AH, you sorry son of a bitch. You had to go and do something I told you not to do didn't you Raven? Let me ask you a question Raven... Is that man a flock member?"

Raven: "Yes, yes  he is Austin, what are you going to do, Fire him?"

Austin: "Yes, yes, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Security, arrest that silly bastard in the purple tights. LODI, YOUR ASS IS FIRED, SECURITY, TAKE THAT MAN AWAY, TAKE THAT MAN AWAY, RIGHT THERE IN PURPLE TIGHTS, YEAH, THAT SILLY BASTARD!"

Raven can be heard screaming No as security handcuffs Lodi, who looks like he's about to cry. Steve Austin laughs at the top of the ramp as Raven is on his knee's in the ring, screaming "DAMN YOU AUSTIN" at the top of his lungs.

<O:90%>

Backstage, we see Scott Steiner with Mean Gene.

Gene: "Scott, you're thoughts on facing Chris Benoit tonight."

Scott: "Lemme tell you something Mean Gene, Chris Benoit is a joke. I'm not concerned with Benoit one bit. I'm going to breeze on by him and injure him yet again. Why would I be scared of a guy who's spent more time injured then he has in the ring mean gene? I'd rather take this time to talk about my opponent at Fall Brawl, Booker T. Book, a couple weeks ago you threw me through a glass window, and you're going to pay for that. I still have cuts on my arms, I had to cancel my pictorial with Flex magazine. You don't understand Booker, you can't do that to an international body building icon like myself. So at Fall Brawl, I'm going to beat you 1-2-3, and I'm going to keep my title, and when it's all said and done, you're going to be the one with the cuts and scars on your body. Now Can you dig that?"

<O:84%>

Meltzer: "It's Main Event time!"

Coach: "Do you always have to say that?"

Chris Benoit vs Scott Steiner ©, US Title Match

Steiner wins the test of stregnth to take control of the match, which quickly turns into a teeder-totter affair, with neither superstar gaining much of an advantage throughout the whole match. Steiner nearly took off benoit's head with a huge lariat in the early going. Midmatch, Benoit muscled Steiner up for 3 german suplexes, but only got a 2 count. Steiner tried to overhead press Benoit up and out of the ring, but Benoit was able to break free and connect with yet another german, which resulted in Steiner landing awkwardly on his head. Benoit went up top to go for the diving headbutt, but steiner was able to roll out of the way. With the ref issuing a mandatory 10 count, both superstars made it up at 9, exchanging punches before Benoit countered one of them with the crossface! We're about to have a new US CHAMP!!! BUT WAIT, Vito comes running into the ring, kicking benoit in the face, the ref calls for the bell, and just as soon after Steiner has been DQ'd, he's tapping like a baby. Vito picks up Benoit, CRUCIFIX BOMB! Steiner's up and applies the Steiner Recliner to Benoit, back turned to the entrance ramp. Benoit is absolutely out of it. Wait.. here comes booker to down the ramp, shot to Vito, who was trying to meet him at the end of the ramp, Vito's down and Book gets in the ring, Steiner unaware of his presence. Book with a kick to Steiners back, steiner turns around, kick to the stomach, SCISSOR KICK! Book Spinaroonies and poses on the top rope to a cheering crowd as we fade out.

WINNER: Chris Benoit (by dq)

<M:81% C:81% O:80% Scott Steiner lost overness from this match. The WCW United States title has gained in image. >

Show rating: 77%

Edited by Disengager

user posted image

September 13th, 2005

RATINGS RATINGS RATINGS!

Primetime:

WWE - 6.09

WCW - 5.89

ECW - 5.49

TNA - 3.44

WCW is closing the gap between itself and WWE, coming within .20 of WWE. The general response by WWE is that they are not worried, as they have 3 primetime show's that draw ratings in excess of 6.0 each.

Adam Windsor debuts

The wrestling world was shocked by the debut of British sensation Adam Windsor on Nitro last night, especially due to the high profile debut. Windsor's stock has sored due to this. Many are praising Eric Bischoff for his knowledge when it comes to signing wrestling talent.

Kanyon, Lenny Lane updates

To quickly update, Kanyon is said to have been doing well in rehab, and is working extra hard so he can return to the promotion. He was recently quoted, saying he can't wait to get back out on the road with DDP. We have learned that Lenny Lane has in fact checked into rehab, citing an on going cocaine addiction.

WCW purchases Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling

In a rather strange move, Eric Bischoff and WCW have purchased Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling. Details of the sale are scarce, but it appears as though WCW has bought out all the talents contracts as well. Eric Bischoff was quoted as saying "Anytime I can eliminate competition, rather it's big or small, I will. I hope this sets an example for any wrestling promotion"

I've spent the last couple of days reading through this, really enjoyed. Its the first one I have ever read but going to go check some more out now!

In response to your questions from earlier, I personally really enjoy the nodq.com and Nitro previews. I think it really adds realism and depth to it.

user posted image

WCW Nitro

September 19th, 2005

Meltzer: "Welcome to Monday Nitro, we have an amazing show for you tonight as we're on the road to Fall Brawl"

The caws of Raven's theme hits, and out comes out the leader of the Flock. He extends his arms and looks up to the rafters as the crowd boos. He grabs a mic and gets in the ring, sitting in the corner in usual fashion.

Raven: "Last week, an injustice of proportions equal to that of a nazi consentration camp occured. An injustice that proves just how prejudice and how rightously ridiculous this companies authority is. Last week, a member of my rebellion, a noble minion of my parade of darkness, Lodi, was fired by none other then Stone Cold Steve Austin. It may not be known, but this isn't the first time Austin has attempted to screw me over. When I had my run in WWE, Austin did everything within his corrupt star power to get guys like me fired from the promotion. He feared us, he was the big badass of WWE, and everyone else who could take a beating and still walk away that night was a threat to him. Even though he's not an active wrestler anymore, I'm still a threat to him. Well Austin, let me tell you something, Lodi is here tonight, and he has a meeting with Eric Bischoff later in the night. But me, well, I want a meeting with you, right here, right now. Austin, I'm calling you out!"

Within seconds, Austin's music hits and out comes Austin, walking a straight line to the ring, he looks like he's all business tonight. He gets in the ring.

Austin: "You called out Stone Cold?"

Raven: "Yeah, that's right, I called out Stone Cold."

Austin: "Well hell son, don't just stand there, get it all off your chest you sorry son of a bitch."

Raven: "The only one who should be sorry around here is you. You should be sorry for all the talent from ECW you held down throughout the years. You should be sorry for acting like you're pro-ECW, only to bury those guys when they made it to the bigtime. You should be sorry..."

Austin:" "Stone Cold should be sorry? Stone Cold should be sorry? Did I hear you correctly? Listen here you measily mouthed darkside bastard, you should be sorry for callin' out Stone Cold. If you call a man out, that can only mean one thing, you're looking for a fight. I was checking the Fall Brawl lineup, and noticed you don't have a match. Well hell son, Stonecold would love to whoop your ass at the Pay per view. So this Sunday, I'm gonna fight ya, in a one on one match. A ONE on ONE match, let me spell that out for ya Raven. If any one of your bastard flock members come to the ring, there will be hell to pay.

With that, Austin kicks raven in the gut, STUNNER!!!

Austin: "And that's the bottom line, cause Stone cold SAID SO!"

Austin leaves to a loud ovation as Raven recovers from the stunner in the ring with a smile on his face.

<O:82%>

Adam Windsor vs Jody Fleisch

Windsor got a small pop, not quite as much as the heat Fleisch got, but decent given this is only his second week in the company. A great match these two put together, as Fleisch hit a pinning frankensteiner early in the match for only a 2 count. Windsor reversed a german suplex by landing on his feet and hitting a tiger suplex for only a 2 count. Near the end of the match, Windsor hit the superkick, and went for the cover, hooking the near leg, allowing Fleisch to get the far leg on the ropes. The ending came when Fleisch hit a front flip takedown off the top, landing on Windsor's chest (aka Molly Holly's finisher), and went for the pin, grabbing the ropes as the ref counted the 1-2-3. Fleisch stole this one as Windsor was quick to his feet and played the "what happened?!" game with the crowd.

WINNER: Jody Fleisch

<M:86% C:51% O:68%>

Backstage, we see Stacey, talking to Maria. Stacey looks quite bored.

Maria: "So after we went to London, matt said, "why not go to belgium too?" and so we did, it was great fun there, the belgium waffles were simply the best. We also took a trip to amsterdam was well, boy you wouldn't imagine how many people do drugs there, it's crazy, I was sure not to let Matt do any, although we did go to this rave like nightclub and I lost Matt for a couple hours, but you know, he's like that and all. Britian was fantastic, Big Ben is so huge, oh, I got you something!"

Maria turns her back to Stacey, who now pretty much just looks like a rocker rebel slut. With Maria bending over shuffling through her purse, Stacey grabs her by the hair and rams her head first into the lockers in front of her. No real shock here to the crowd, although a big "AHH" could be heard throughout the Arena.

Stacey: "You know what Maria, that's alright, you can just keep it, you little skank."

With that, Stacey leaves Maria down on the ground as EMT's and Paramedics and Matt Hardy go to check on her.

<O:72% Maria Kanellis gained overness from this segment. Stacy Keibler's turn was completed, and she is now a heel. Stacy Keibler gained overness from this turn. >

Sean O'Haire and Mark Jindrak © vs Hurricane and Whipwreck, WCW tag team Title match.

These two teams hook it up once again in a fine match. Hurricane and Whipwreck actually had the champs reeling until Stacey stuck her two cents in, tripping Hurricane after he bounced off the ropes. Midmatch, The champs were still struggling for control, but just then Eddie and Chavo Guerrero came rushing into the ring, attacking both Hurricane and Jindrak who were in the ring. O'Haire and whipwreck come in to try to break it up, and we have  3 team brawl on our hands! Hurricane and Whipwreck have made their way to the outside. Dropkick by chavo onto jindrak that sends him out of the ring, and Eddie clotheslines O'Haire over the top, as Los Guerrero are in the ring, Eddie with mic in hand.

Eddie: "This Sunday amigos, we want a shot at those tag titles. Los Guerrero's are the best tag team in the world title, this Sunday, we wanna prove why holmes."

Chavo: "Me and my brother, we settled our differences. We need to stick together in WCW. This company is cut throat. So we agreed, if he watches my back, I'll watch his. And this Sunday, you better have someone watching your back, cause you'lle be too busy watching your titles."

Los Guerrero's music hits as the crowd boo's them. They broke up a great match in the making, and have apparently reformed. Some in the crowd think this is a way for Eddie go tget outta defending that WCW Cruiserweight title.

WINNER: No Contest due to interference

<M:92% C:70% O:81% The WCW Tag Team titles have gained in image. >

Backstage, we see Lodi standing by nervously standing in Eric Bischoff's office, who's sitting at his desk thinking.

Bischoff: "You know what, I think I will give you an opportunity to earn your way back into WCW. I just signed some talent, and tonight, I think you'lle face him, and if you beat him, I'll reinstate you. But if you lose, you're fired for good Lodi."

Lodi: "Thank you boss, you won't regret this, I promise. I'll show you why I'm WCW to the bone!"

<O:79%>

The camera's cut to Scott Steiner now, who is getting ready for his match in his dressing room.

Steiner: "Booker, he think's he's badass, I'll show him why I'm US champ."

He starts punching a wall.

Steiner: "Booker, this is your face"

Steiner is trying to pump himself up, talking to himself as he pounds on this wall with his fists. All of a sudden, Booker jumps him from behind. They go at it for a few seconds before the road crew breaks them apart, resulting in a big mess of staff inside the crowded room as we go to commercial

<O:82%>

Meltzer: "Well, Coach, we just learned of a new match for Fall Brawl. It will be Los Guerreros fighting Hurricane and Mikey Whipwreck and The tag champs, O'Haire and Jindrak, in a triple threat tag team match for the WCW Tag team titles!"

Coach: "I'm looking forward to that one!"

Bischoff appears on the tron.

Bischoff: "I know earlier in the week, I granted DDP a rematch against Colt Cabana, but I've changed my mind. I have decided, to make the affair grow a little. That is why DDP will now team up with Ernest "The Cat" Miller to take on Ace Steel, Colt Cabana and Whiskey Mar in a handicap match. And CM Punk, if you're watching, I'll give you the opportunity to prove your allegiance, you can either make this a 3 on 3, or a 4 on 2, the choice is yours.

The Saint's music hits and out comes Cabana and Steel, who draw heat from their recent run-ins and cheating. Next out is Whiskey Marc, this is just scary, even Cabana and Steel are leary of him. The Cat is the next one out, he seems a bit nervous to be in the same ring with Whiskey, and Marc detects it. DDP comes out next, and following his pyro, he gets in the ring as well. Everyone's waiting on CM Punk, which side will he choose? Will he be loyal to the Second City Saints, or will he abandon their cheating ways. 10 seconds now, and we have no sign of punk, as Cat and Cabana look to start this one out. WAIT! Punk's music hits, here he comes!! The crowd pops as Punk makes his way to the ring, and he's in the ring now with Cat and Cabana. He's standing in the middle of them, which side will he choose?!" RIGHT HAND TO CABANA and the crowd pops hard, as CM has officially turned face.

<O:71% Colt Cabana gained overness from this segment. Ace Steel gained overness from this segment. CM Punk's turn was completed, and he is now a face. CM Punk gained overness from this turn. >

CM PUNK/DDP/Ernest Miller vs Colt Cabana, Ace Steel, Whiskey Marc.

CM takes it to Cabana in the early going. Cabana makes the tag to Whiskey, but CM Stands his ground. The two go at it, exchanging right hands, with Whiskey having the obvious height and weight advantage. Whiskey gained the upperhand, and his team took the advantage from there on out. Midmatch, Cat got the hot tag from CM, who broke free from the punishment he had taken from each of the 3 members of the opposite team. But Steel tags in Marc. They stare down before going at it. Action spills out to ringside as the ref has lost all control of this match now and isn't sure who's legal. CM Punk up over the top with a suicide dive that took out Cat, Mark and Ace Steel. In the ring, Cabana gets hit with a Diamond cutter out of no where as the ref just gives up on figuring out who's legal and counts the 1-2-3 for the victory, as DDP gets some sweet revenge on Cabana. After the match, CM Walks out with DDP, as DDP can be heard saying "you're not too bad kid." Whiskey and Cat battled their way through the crowd.

WINNERS: CM PUNK, DDP, And Ernest Miller

<M:80% C:69% O:74%>

Meltzer: "Following what just happened, Eric Bischoff has booked yet another match for Fall Brawl! It will be CM Punk taking on "Classic" Colt Cabana!"

Coach: "WOW! Those two should light it up!"

Lodi is in the ring, waiting for his mystery opponent, this "new talent" that Bischoff just signed. He has to win this match, or he's fired for good, but if he wins, he's reinstated!. A new theme hits and out walks an absolutely huge man, wearing just wrestling boots, a pair of jean shorts, and a weird, Yeti - like match. The ring announcer announces him as "Giant Yetti."

Meltzer: "I don't know much about this Giant Yetti characer, but I did get his stats. He's 6'11" and weights around 330. You're thoughts coach?"

Coach: "Lodi is going to die before he gets fired"

Meltzer: "Interesting analogy"

GIANT Yetti vs Lodi, Lodi's job on the line

Giant Yetti gets in the ring and Lodi is scared. The bell sounds and Yetti walks to the middle of the ring and extends his hand. Lodi walks up to him and goes to shake his hand, but instead gives him a right hand, and what the hell... Yetti hits the ground hard. Lodi with a quick cover.. 1-2-3!!!!

Meltzer: "What the hell is this? What the hell?"

Yetti gets up and rips off the mask, it's REESE, an ex-flock member. Only the more hardcore fans know who he is, but the Flock knows damn sure who it is, as Raven and company hit the ring to celebrate. They've screwed over WCW once again.

Winner: Lodi

<M:56% C:39% O:47% Giant Yetti lost overness from this match. >

Backstage, we see Chris Benoit getting ready for his match, with DDP sitting in the locker room, winding down from his match tonight.

DDP: "Man, doesn't it feel great to be back in WCW Chris, without all the BS. Eric running things like how it use to be back in the heyday.

Benoit: "I know what you mean, I'm enjoying it myself. No more backstage politics either.

DDP: "Hey man, what do you say, This sunday, me and you, one on one, friendly competition, neither of us have a match. Let's do it 1998 style."

Benoit: "1998 Style eh? Does that mean you'lle have your long curly locks and We'll be the show opener? Of course, I'd have to job to you in the end, cause ya know, little guy's like me can't make it in this business!"

They both have a good laugh.

Benoit: "Alright, you got a deal man."

They shake hands as we go to commercial.

<O:77% Diamond Dallas Page gained overness from this segment. >

Coach: "It's main event time here on Nitro!"

Meltzer: "Hey, that's my line!"

Chris Benoit/Booker T vs Scott Steiner/Chris Jericho

So, standard industry rules tells us whoever wins this one will lose at the PPV eh? What a great match it was, a back and forth contest that lasted nearly 12 minutes. In the early going, Benoit got the crossface on steiner, only to be broken up by Jericho. Midmatch, Jericho and Benoit got into an interesting conflict. Both weren't the legal men in the ring, yet somehow, Jericho had managed to get the sharpshooter on Booker at the same time Benoit got the crossface on steiner. They both stared at each other, neither willing to break the hold to attack one another, which actually got a cheer from the crowd, as they shouted at each other. Finally Jericho let go, attacking Benoit and the two went at it on the outside, each slamming each other's head into the guard rail, in the ring, Book hit the scissor kick, but Jericho with a springboard legdrop to break the pin. Steiner eventually got the tag to Jericho as book got the tag to benoit, and they are each a house of fire, exchanging right hands as they tangle up. Jericho shoves benoit into the corner, but the ref got in the way, as he was the one who felt the wrath of the two. With the ref down, Jericho hit a low Blow. Jericho goes for the lionsault and connects, but there's no ref.

WAIT! Hogan comes running down to the ring, World title in hand. The crowd pops huge, as no one was even aware he was here tonight. Hogan goes to hit Jericho with the title, Jericho ducks, but Hogan plants the title into his face when he turns around! Hogan off the ropes, LEG DROP! Benoit starts to awaken alittle and drapes an arm over Jericho as HOgan awakens the ref while Book distracts Steiner on the outside. 1-2-3! Book and Benoit win it as Hogan starts walking up the ramp, staring at Jericho, who's just now starting to move around, holding his head. Hogan raises the title above his head as the crowd roars in approval as we fade out.

WINNERS: Chris Benoit and Booker T.

<M:84% C:87% O:86%>

Show quality: 73%

Guest Crossface

You welcome.

Actually,i really like the diary beacuse you are just a good writer and this diary didn't stop at the first show,and it keeps going.

Cant wait for FB,and how about this time you will post predictions?

yes, yes, please post predictions...

World title match (steel cage, pinfalls only)

Chris Jericho vs Hulk Hogan

Us Title match:

Scott Steiner vs Booker T

Grudge Match:

Raven vs Steve Austin

Tag Team Title Match:

Los Guerreros vs Mark Jindrak and Sean O'Haire vs Hurricane and Whipwreck

CM Punk vs Colt Cabana

Anything goes Hardcore match

Ernest Miller vs Whiskey Marc

"Oldschool WCW" Encounter

Diamond Dallas Page vs Chris Benoit

The person who gets the most right, gets to book something in the diary (not telling what to anyone else but the winner).. In the event of a tie.. I suppose the first one who posted their predictions first will be the winner.. only fair way I can see to choose it.