NWA:Total Nonstop Logic

6-3-04

user posted image

Attendance – 2507

Our first broadcast of the revamped Xplosion on UPN kicks off with the introduction of our announce team. It looks as though they are giving Don West another chance, putting him alongside his old pal, Professor Mike Tenay. West as usual is EXCITED about tonight’s show, and can hardly contain himself.

1. Easy Win For The New Franchise

Michael Shane appears on TNA TV since the epic triple threat ladder match at Destiny, where Chris Sabin retained his title. Shane is accompanied by his on/off mentor, Shane Douglas, who gees him up on the way down the ramp. Inside the squared circle awaits his opponent – Salvatore Rinauro. The scrawny little boy stands in the corner being briefed by referee Andrew Thomas. Announced from ‘Salifornia’, Rinauro offers some seductive looks towards the females in the audience, before being attacked by Shane. The Franchise waits little time, beating Rinauro from pillar to post. He whips him hard into the corner, driving a forearm right into the chin of his much smaller opponent. Shane hits a couple of snap suplexes before whipping Sal into the ropes. He bounces back straight into a Superkick. From there, Shane climbs up top and nails his Picture Perfect Elbow for the win.

Michael Shane bt Salvatore Rinauro (48/34/63) 1/4*

2. Walters Inc?

Backstage, Russo Inc are sitting in their locker room, discussing strategy ahead of John Walters’ match in the main event. He is due to take on Frankie Kazarian in a Super 8 qualifier. Walters is interrupted by the entrance of Vince Russo into the room.

RUSSO“Hey guys, what’s up?”

WALTERS“Do you mind Vince, we’re in the middle of something.”

RUSSO“What do you mean? I thought us guys was a team. Ya know, they do call us Russo Inc, and I am Vince Russo, heh.”

WALTERS“Yeah well Vince, that’s about to change.”

RUSSO“What are you talking about, John?”

WALTERS“Look Vince, frankly, we don’t need you. Sure we humoured you for a while, let you think that you were our leader, so we could use what little pull you had left around here, but now you’re just dead weight.”

RUSSO “Bu, but.”

WALTERS “Get lost Vince, we’re busy.”

Russo gives Walters an angry stare then leaves, grumbling under his breath.

RUSSO “Don’t worry John, I’ll be back, you’ll see…”

79%

John Walters gained overness.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

3. SQUASH!

Don Callis leads his boys, Gage and Northcutt, down to the ring for their match. Clad in their trademark red shirts, they stomp down the steel ramp, staring at their prey. Callis has booked them in a difficult match up – against two men half their size. In the ring stand Indy wrestlers Matt Sydal and Delirious, hopeful of their chances, but knowing they have an uphill battle. Once the bell rings, the Red Shirts literally batter their opponents. Gage whips Sydal into Northcutt, who catches him in a Double Handed Chokeslam, driving him into the mat. Delirious dropkicks Northcutt from behind, but turns around straight into Gage. He delivers a stiff brainbuster then pushes Delirious into the corner. He bounces off the ropes and sends his boot crashing across the face of his strange foe. Gage drags him into the centre of the ring and makes the cover, but Sydal breaks it up. Northcutt and Gage whip Sydal into the ropes and slam him to the mat with a double spinebuster. Gage makes the cover and gets the win for his team. After the match they continue to beat on their opponents, with Gage nailing his Chokebreaker and Northcutt hit his Double Underhook Piledriver. Callis lead them back up the ramp, chuckling to himself.

The Red Shirts bt Matt Sydal & Delirious (56/31/81) *3/4

4. Ki Vows Revenge

The camera comes through a set of double doors to find a lonely figure standing in an empty ring. The camera fades to black and white and zooms on the man, who is revealed to be Low Ki.

KI “B-Boy, last Saturday night at Destiny you took the cowards way out. You left the ring and let yourself be counted out, giving me a shallow victory. I am a man of honour and I will not stand for that. Twice you have shown you are nothing but spineless. If you were a man of principles you would stand by your actions and fight for your cause, but you know nothing about pride and dignity. I will have my revenge. Your actions will not go unpunished. Now onto you, Daniels. You must learn your lesson the hard way. Once I have dealt with your henceman, your silent assassin, you will feel my wrath. Your time will come, Daniels, soon enough your time will come.”

The camera zooms out of Low Ki’s face, leaving him standing in the ring.

86%

5. Another Super Qualifier

Just after getting a verbal warning, B-Boy steps through the curtain and makes his Xplosion debut. He is due to take on Chris Divine for a spot on the TNA side of the Super 8 tournament. Divine is accompanied to the ring by his partner Quiet Storm, who many would have liked to have seen in the tournament. The opening exchanges are all Divine (no pun intended), capped off with a textbook Hurricanrana to the outside. B-Boy got up straight into a Tope suicida from Divine, which wowed the crowd. Unfortunately he made a big mistake by going to the top rope, trying for another dive, but B-Boy caught him. He slapped the taste out of his mouth, then climbed up the turnbuckles. B-Boy drilled Divine into the mat with a top rope Double Underhook suplex, then rolled through into a Plex-Breaker. B-Boy picked Divine up and pulled him towards the corner, throwing him into the turnbuckles with an Exploder suplex, dropping him right on his head. B-Boy went through a few more trademark moves before getting the win with the Cross Special Brainbuster.

B-Boy bt Chris Divine (66/47/86) **1/2

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

6. Who Dun It?

We return from our commercial break to find Don West wetting his pants about something that happened whilst we were off the air. The cameras take us backstage where we find four men, including road agent Kent Myers and referee Fred Richards, being helped by medical staff. Nobody seems to know who assaulted the men, including the victims. They claimed that the lights went out and they attacked. But, who was the attacker?

DUN DUN DUN!

57%

7. The C.E.O Gets The W.I.N

Fresh off booting Vince Russo out of what seems to now be his organisation, John Walters strolls down the ramp accompanied by The Naturals, Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas. Running down the aisle next is Frankie Kazarian, the coolest man in the world, who at the moment seems to be the losingest man in the world. Seriously, Frankie can’t buy a win right now. Things start out brightly for Frankie, as he takes Walters to the mat with a couple of armdrags. He tries to apply an armbar, but Walters gets to the ropes. The tides turn when The Naturals interject themselves into the match. Stevens jumps onto the apron, distracting the referee, whilst Douglas jumped into the ring and gave Kazarian a DDT. Walters capitalised, never letting Kazarian rest for more than a couple of seconds, hitting wave after wave of high impact offence. He got a 2 and a ½ with his double knee backbreaker, which he calls the Lung Blower. Kazarian tried to come back with a Sleeper, but Walters ran him back first into the corner, then nailed a Piggy Back Stunner for another last minute kickout. Finally Kazarian’s resistance was ended when he went for a Tornado DDT, but Walters caught him and spun him round into the Hurricane DDT. John Walters qualifies for the Super 8.

John Walters bt Frankie Kazarian (65/54/76) *3/4

-End Show-

CQ – 65%

TV – 3.82

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent show for Xplosion. Good to see Don West is back, you can't have TNA without Don West, love him or hate him.

Not a fan of Michael Shane, so the less Michael Shane the better. I feel sorry for Sal.

Hmm, do I sense a turn coming on. Yes, I do. I'm a fan of Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas, so push them to the moon please.

Ah, what would a wrestling show be without a squash match? The Red Shirts rolling over Sydal and Delirious to get them over as a threat to the tag team title scene and with Don Callis as the mouthpiece of the group it might just work. The original Red Shirts were shit, but these guys aren't bad. Northcutt is good, and Gage is certinally ten times better than Ryan Wilson or Legend combined.

Pretty good Low Ki promo, although I haven't seen many of a Low Ki promo considering the guy does most of his talking in the ring, and with his feet. Still nothing too far fetched sounds like something Mr. Intensity [and I don't mean Kurt Angle] would say. The Daniels-Ki feud continues, and with B-Boy thrown in it keeps getting better. Maybe Ki could bring in a friend ::cough::Homicide::cough:: *ahem* excuse me to counteract. BTW: Whatever happened with Daniels group of followers? Where's Abyss? I've grown to like Abyss and he's a great big man and was wondering where he's been.

It's bad it wasn't Quiet Storm in that match against B-Boy but either way you know the outcome would be the same. B-Boy just killed Chris Divine. Talk about momentum.

:unsure: I don't understand the whole 'Who Dun It' angle or where you're going with it, but I guess I'll have to wait until further explanation.

Although I'm dissapointed to see Frankie lose, had to know it was gonna happen. Walters is on a hot streak since beating Gilberti [who, and I can't believe I'm saying this...miss] so I kinda knew he was gonna walk all over Frankie in this one. I hope you stop jobbing him out soon though.

So overall it was as good as Xplosion is gonna get, and helped build some storylines [Russo Inc, Ki-Daniels] and previewed the Super 8 tourny.

Sullen

A nice Xplosion Funky. Had to come by after seeing you mention me in Essa's Casa de Insult.

First off nice to see the Xplosion logo, really cool, shows much graphical ability <_<

The show itself I felt was pretty standard. Not a bad show by any means but it just had that "averagey" feeling for me. Granted the show is early evening so you aren't going all out with it but still has a sombre mood following the TNA show.

Got to say I know I hate Gilbertti and I'm glad he's gone but I do not like John Walters at all. Maybe its just his name I don't know, but I don't like him. Although maybe now taking control of Russo Inc. will give him that little bit of an edge he needs and working against Russo will help him.

Matches themselves were pretty much par for the course. 2 squashes and 1 well hidden squash among them. If Ki is in the Super 8 I can see the final being Low Ki vs. B-Boy to close that feud. The Ki promo was a typical intensity promo but did its job.

I give the show a ** 1/2 overall.

TNA on FOX Preview

With the Super 8 tournament only one week away, Total Nonstop Action will see two more qualifying matches. The ‘Insane Luchador’ Super Crazy will make his return to NWA:TNA  to face up and comer Alex Shelley for one of the coveted Freelance spots. Also, Sonjay Dutt will face Johnny Swinger for a chance to represent NWA:TNA in the competition. Who will advance this Wednesday night?

On Xplosion, Low Ki vowed to get retribution for the shameful actions of Christopher Daniels and his associate, the ‘Silent Assassin’ B-Boy. Daniels will have to keep one eye open this week when he and the monster, Abyss are in action.

Raven had his chances of winning the NWA World Title snatched from him when CM Punk interfered and drilled him with a Crucifix Bomb, allowing AJ Styles to hit the Styles Clash. This week Raven will comment on the attack. What will he have to say?

Last week Steve Corino beat Shark Boy in his return to NWA:TNA. After the match, Jeff Jarrett ran in and saved Shark Boy from a beatdown at the hands of The Management. Don Callis was not pleased with his actions and booked a match for this Wednesday night’s main event – Jeff Jarrett and Shark Boy versus Steve Corino and Justin Credible. How will Jarrett and his new buddy fair and will the rest of The Management be a factor?

Tune in 8PM this Wednesday night, only on Fox.

10-3-04

user posted image

Attendance – 2509

1. A Super Upset

Yes, if you haven’t guessed by now I’m going to use ‘super’ for every qualifier for the Super 8 :P. Anyway, Super Crazy comes down the aisle to a rousing reception. He’s put on some weight since his ECW days, but according to Internet ‘know-it-alls’, he can still cut it in the ring. Crazy gives us a trademark backflip into the ring which gets a great response from the crowd. Next out is his opponent – Alex Shelley. Nothing. The crowd don’t know who he is, nor do they really care. Some of the viewers at home may have seen him wowing crowds of around 500 in various smaller promotions, but that doesn’t mean shit in Nashville. They start off going back and forth in the ring, swapping arm drags, headlock takeovers and lightning reversals, which get the crowd a little more interested. They become a bit more vocal when Super Crazy nails a Satellite Backbreaker, then a Quebrada for a 2 count. Shelley ducks a clothesline, but Crazy catches a kick attempt and hits a Dragon Screw. A Spinning Toe Hold keeps Shelley on the mat for a while, but Shelley reverses into a small package for a 2 count. Crazy took us back to 1998 with some trademark moves, but lost control after missing a Spinning Wheel Kick. Shelley drove him into the cover with a spear and continued to bombard Crazy’s midsection with shoulder charges. He pulled Crazy out of the corner and dropped him with an Inverted Atomic Drop, but it only got a 2 count. Shelley went for a suplex, but it was blocked. Crazy picked him up in the air and drilled him with a Brainbuster. Crazy signalled for the end, pulling Shelley to the corner. He jumped onto the bottom rope. Moonsault. Jumped onto the second rope. Moonsault. Jumped onto the top rope. Moonsa…no, Shelley moved. He runs over and Sunset Flips Crazy as he gets back to his feet. 1…2…3! What an upset! Shelley beat the veteran to qualify for the tournament.

Alex Shelley bt Super Crazy (53/40/66) 1/2*

Super Crazy lost overness. Alex Shelley gained overness.

2. You Can’t Always Get What You Want

Don Callis is sitting in his plush office, watching the show on a silver 28” widescreen, as you do. He lies back in his leather office chair, hands behind his head, but springs up to his feet as America’s Most Wanted storm into the room unannounced. The Red Shirts move forward from behind him, but Callis stops them.

CALLIS“Well gentlemen, what can I do for you?”

HARRIS“We want a tag team title shot, TONIGHT!”

CALLIS“Ha, hold your horses fellas, you’re just going to come in all guns blazing and demand a title shot?”

STORM“Yeah, and?”

CALLIS“Well boys, what makes you think you deserve a shot?”

HARRIS“What the hell are you talking about Callis, we’re America’s Most Wanted, four time NWA Tag Team champions, the BEST tag team in the world today.”

CALLIS “Yeah that’s right, four time FORMER champions. You know what that also makes – four time LOSERS.”

STORM “You’d better watch your mouth Callis.”

CALLIS“Now come on James, no need for that, you know how things work around here – I call the shots, so if you decide to lay a finger on me you’ll never get a shot.”

STORM “Look Callis, we aren’t here to mess around, we came here to get a title shot.”

CALLIS“Guys, I’ll give you that you’re one of the top teams here, I admit it, you guys know what you are doing, but right now you’re in no position to demand title shots. What happened in your last match eh? You lost. Hell, you were outclassed, and it wouldn’t be good business to put you in a match right away. But I’m a fair man, so I’ll give you a chance to prove yourselves, tonight in fact. It’ll be you, America’s Most Wanted against my boys, the Red Shirts.”

Gage and Northcutt step forward and there is a stare down between the two teams.

HARRIS“Right, we’ll see you boys later.”

AMW leave the room, never taking their eyes off their future opponents.

78%

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

3. Super Sonjay

Up next is another Super 8 qualifying match, this time for a TNA spot in the tournament. Sonjay Dutt dances down the ramp to a Bollywood mix of the 4LK theme. Neither Sonjay nor Shark Boy have spoken about the attack on BG James last week. We have also yet to hear about the condition of James. Word around the locker room is that he may have sustained some pretty serious injuries and could be out for quite some time. Johnny Swinger struts down the ramp, a cocky smile across his face, looking very confident. He tries to use his size advantage to control the early going, but Dutt is just too quick. He’s two steps ahead of Swinger, and actually knows what he’s going to do before Swinger even thinks it! Now that is quick. Swinger goes for the clothesline, but of course Dutt ducks and kicks him in the chest. Sonjay bounces off the ropes and flips over, grabbing Swinger’s neck and slamming it into the canvas. Swinger groggily got back to his feet, but was quickly back on the deck after taking a flying headscissors. Sonjay springs onto the apron. He climbs up the turnbuckles, then jumps onto the top rope sending him flying into the ring, dropping the elbow on Swinger. He makes the cover, but only gets a two. Swinger, back on his feet, goes for a scoop slam, but Sonjay drops down the back. A dropkick sends Swinger into the ropes. He comes back straight into the Calcutt Cut (DDT onto the knee followed by a swinging neckbreaker). He points to the corner and the crowd encourage him to just that. He jumps onto the top rope and goes for a Phoenix Splash, but Swinger moves. Dutt manages to roll through back to his feet. He charges at Swinger, who tries for a Flapjack, but Sonjay springs into the air and destroys him with a hurricanrana! Swinger’s head got implanted into the mat! Sonjay seizes his opportunity and walks up to Swinger. Standing Shooting Star Press! Sonjay gets the 3 count. The fans cheer Sonjay as he stands on the corner and salutes them. He must be a favourite going into the tournament.

Sonjay Dutt bt Johnny Swinger (67/55/80) **1/4

4. Fear

The camera fades out from the in ring action and finds itself in a dark stairwell. In the corner sits a hooded man. The camera zooms in and moves up from the floor, showing that the man under the hood is Raven. He speaks.

RAVEN “Let them hate, so long as they fear. Punk, you should think about these words, think about what is behind them. You hate because you are weak, but you believe you are strong. You talk like a warrior, but fight like a coward.”

Raven pauses and lifts his hood from his head.

“Fear drives you. That’s why you attacked me, not because you’re trying to cleanse NWA:TNA, but because you can see yourself in me and it scares you. You act tough, claiming to be an icon, an idol, but really you’re just afraid. Well Punk you should be afraid. You’ve pissed me off now. You interfered not only in my match, but my destiny too. But talk is cheap and it’s time for action – next Wednesday night, March 17th, me, you, Clockwork Orange House of Fun match.

I’ve been through more pain than you can even imagine. What do you think that means? Do you think that makes me less dangerous or more?

Quote the Raven, nevermore.”

91%

Raven gained overness.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

5. An Easy Victory For The Prophecy

It seems that Daniels’ army has adopted the moniker ‘The Prophecy’, and with it some brand new theme music. It is dark, gothic track, which sounds like ‘Her Ghost In The Fog’ by Cradle Of Filth, complete with piano intro. They are facing an unknown team in TNA; The Outcast Killaz. Oman Turtoga and Diablo Santiago stand ready to fight. Daniels just smiles. He looks at Abyss then points to them, leaving his henceman to do the work. Sure enough, Abyss demolishes the two unfortunate debutants. He tosses them around the ring like a pair of ragdolls, then drives them into the canvas. Tortoga jumps off the top rope, but Abyss catches him and lifts him into the air, and drops him. Shades of the Ultimate Warrior there. Santiago kicks Abyss in the lower nether region (aka the penis), but it doesn’t faze the big man. He grabs Santiago by the throat and holds him in the air, choking the life out of him. Eventually he threw him into the corner. Abyss turned round as Turtoga charged at him, but his evil glare stopped Turtoga in his tracks. Abyss through him into the corner onto Santiago, then went to the opposite corner. He sprinted across the ring, crushing the Killaz with an avalanche splash that would’ve made Vader cringe. Turtoga staggered out of the corner straight into an Irish whip. Black Hole Slam! Abyss is about to make the cover, but Daniels calls for the tag. He gets tagged in then goes to the corner. Double Jump Moonsault! Daniels holds on for cover and the 1-2-3. Abyss casually disposes of the Killaz over the top rope as Daniels grabs the mic.

DANIELS - “Low Ki, you are a fool if you think you can hurt me. There are hundreds of sinners out there waiting to be set free so that they may join fight of The Prophecy and all of them would die for me at the drop of a hat. What makes you think that you take all of us on? You’re just one man against an army. You haven’t got a prayer, and that is the prophecy according to the Fallen Angel.”

As soon as Daniels finishes, Low Ki appears on the stage, microphone in hand.

The Prophecy (Daniels & Abyss) bt The Outcast Killaz (59/42/76) *1/2

6. An Alliance Of Defiance

KI “Daniels, you’re right – I am just one man. However, I do not fight alone.”

Low Ki takes a step back out of the way of the TNATron. Daniels looks worried as we see B-Boy standing in the parking lot. He looks around nervously…before being attacked from behind! B-Boy gets slugged with a couple of huge clubbing right hands. He pulls him over to a white Chevy then literally throws him onto the hood with an Exploder suplex. The man turns around to face the camera. It’s Mafia! Daniels looked stunned.

KI“I guess that's two men against an army.”

Low Ki turns away and steps back through the curtain, looking smug. Daniels can’t believe what he has just seen. Abyss just looks, well, scary.

65%

B-Boy gained overness. Mafia gained overness.

7. But If You Try Sometimes You Might Find You Get What You Need

The crowd give America’s Most Wanted a whopping reception and they jog down the aisle. Since the inception in June 2002, Storm and Harris have established themselves as the franchise team of NWA:TNA. The tall stocky figures of the Red Shirt Security step through the entrance way next, unaccompanied by Don Callis. As soon as the bell rings both teams go at it, laying into each other with barrages of fists. The Reds take the advantage, whipping both men into the ropes, but they duck the clothesline attempts and nail stereo dropkicks. The referee gets control back and send both extra members out of the ring. AMW are in control early on, but the Reds swing things their way with some dastardly cheating. They isolate Harris, who plays the face in peril, cutting the ring in half, and any more wrestling clichés you might want to add in here. Gage gets a 2 count following a second rope Frog Splash then Nrothcutt comes close after a Northern Lights Suplex. Harris hits a Bulldog, but Gage jumps in the ring distracting the ref so he doesn’t see the tag. Of course, only the bad guys can get away with the slapping sounds, but that’s just wrestling logic for you. The Reds go for the finish with their Double Spinebuster, but Harris slides through Northcutt’s legs. They turn around – Double Spear! Both men are down and Harris crawls to the corner. He makes the tag! Storm is a house of fire, clocking the Reds with huge blows. He slams Gage into the corner then gives his a thrust kick. He Powerbombs Gage in the centre of the ring, but Northcutt breaks up the cover. Harris just threw Northcutt out of the ring! Gage is isolated and at the mercy of AMW. They whip him into the ropes and give him a double back body drop. Gage gets back up. Spear! Storm climbs to the top rope. Flying legdrop! He makes the cover. 1…2…Northcutt pulls the ref out of the ring. Harris and Northcutt start brawling on the outside and the ref tries to break it up. The Briscoes come running down the aisle! Jim Cornette is shouting instructions to them as they enter the ring. Storm doesn’t see them. He turns around. Double Yakuza Kick!! Gage makes the cover. 1…2…3. AMW just got screwed.

The Red Shirts bt America’s Most Wanted (63/53/73) *1/2

Brandon Gage gained overness. Kevin Northcutt gained overness.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

8. B-Jizzle Killingsizzle?

We come back from the break to a strange sight – the ring is set up for our weekly dose of everyone’s favourite chatshow, B-Jizzle Intervizzle. However, word backstage is that BG James wouldn’t be appearing tonight due to injuries suffered last week. Maybe he braved it for the fans? The crowd explodes when James’ music blazes through the arena. The cheers turn to boos when Ron Killings is the man to step through the curtain.

He strides down the aisle with a smug grin across his face as the fans at ringside give him an earful. He gets in one of their faces before sliding under the bottom rope and into the ring. He lays back in James’ chair, cracks open a beer and picks up the mic.

KILLINGS“Welcome to Ron Kizzle Intervizzle with the real star of NWA:TNA, Ron Killings. Tonight I have a very special show for you with an extra special guest. This man is making his very first appearance here in TNA on MY show. He is a former NWA World champion and my personal mentor, ladies and gentlemen give it up for Ron Simmons!”

The crowd is shocked to see Simmons step onto the stage. He walks down the ramp with a callous expression on his face. The fans stick out their hands but Simmons just ignores them. One fan starts yelling at Simmons, so he squares up and gets up into his face.

KILLINGS“Boy, you betta step off ‘fore we make you our bitch.”

Simmons eventually steps away from the fan and continues towards the ring. He climbs up the steel steps and enters the squared circle as Killings hold the ropes open for him. They embrace as the crowd jeer them. Killings invites Simmons to take a seat.

KILLINGS “Thanks for joining me on MY show this week, Ron. So what brings you to NWA:TNA?”

SIMMONS“Well, one day I was sitting at home watching some TV and a turned over onto Total Nonstop Action and you know what I saw? I saw a man who reminded me of myself when I was just getting started. I saw a kid with raw talent but who was being held back. Not by himself, but by the white man. That’s right, the white man. He was stuck playing second fiddle to some trailor park dope head hillbilly because that’s what you folks want to see – someone you can relate to!”

The crowd boos, which angers Killings.

KILLINGS“You all need to shut up and show some respect! This man is a former NWA champion, you know what that means? It means he better than you!”

The crowd don’t take to kindly to these remarks. They start heckling the two Ronnies, barraging them with boos.

KILLINGS“Yeah that’s right, you can’t stand a black man telling you what to do. I bet if it was James out here you’d be lapping it up! Well you know what, that shit is going to change. Things are going to change around here. I am a former NWA champion and I should be treated with respect and that’s why Ron is here. See he triumphed over all the racism and the hate back in the day when it was much tougher for the black man to get some breaks, so he’s come to TNA to mentor me, to teach me how to succeed in a white man’s world…"

The Bollywood Mix of the 4LK theme interrupts Killings’ tirade against whitey as Sonjay Dutt comes walking down the aisle. He’s not laughing and dancing his way to the ring as usual, in fact he looks all business. He jumps over the top rope and snatches the microphone away from The Truth.

SONJAY“I’ve had about as much as I can take of you, Ron. We used to hang out together, party together, but you’ve changed. We used to be buds, but after what you did last week I’ve just lost all respect for you.”

Sonjay is about to continue his outburst when both Simmons and Killings attack him from behind. He gets whipped into the ropes and they flapjack him high into the air, but he reverses it into a double dropkick! Simmons is sent flying out the ring, leaving the former friends to duke it out. It looks like we have an…

85%

Ron Simmons gained overness.

9. Impromptu Match

The referee slides into the ring signalling the start of an official match. Sonjay works Killings over in the corner, chopping away like a mad man. He whips The Truth across the ring, but when he charges in he takes a boot to the face. Killings clubs away at Sonjay with some big strikes. He slams Dutt and climbs to the second rope. He dives off with an elbow drop, catching Dutt right in the throat. He tries to catch his breath as Killings taunts the crowd. Simmons shouts instructions from ringside trying to keep Killings focused. He whips Dutt into the ropes. Powerslam! Killings holds on for the cover, but only gets a 2 count. He throws Dutt to the outside then starts verballing abusing the ref. Whilst distracted, the ref didn’t see Simmons pick up Dutt on the outside and clock him with some soup bones. He picked Dutt up and drove him spine-first into the ringpost, much to the crowd’s disgust. Simmons lifted him up and dropped him throat first onto the apron. Simmons threw Dutt back inside the ring before bellowing at some ringsiders. Killings started working over the shoulder of Dutt, first with an armbar then a shoulderbreaker. He made the cover, but Dutt kicked out. Killings went for the Front Suplex, but Dutt dropped down the back. He dropkicked Killings in the back sending him into the turnbuckle, then jumped on top of him, hammering away with big rights and lefts. He flipped off the turnbuckle then gave The Truth a monkey flip. Sonjay jumped to the top rope and flew off, spinning around Killings before planting him with a DDT. He made the cover, but only got a 2 count. Killings went for a clothesline, but Sonjay ducked. He neckbreaker’d Killings on his knee then gave him a flipping legdrop. Sonjay called for the finish, jumping up onto the top rope as Killings rose to his feet. He went for the Dragonrana, but Killings caught him. He pulled Sonjay back onto his shoulder then slammed him face first into the back, much like Simmons’ old Dominator finisher. Killings makes the cover and gets the win.

Ron Killings bt Sonjay Dutt (77/69/85) ***

10. Shady Dealings

Backstage, Don Callis is found once again watching the show on his lovely widescreen when in comes Simon Diamond.

CALLIS“Simon my good man, what can I do for you?”

DIAMOND “Well Don I know you saw my match last week and I know you must’ve been impressed with what you saw.”

CALLIS“Of course.”

DIAMOND “And I know that you’re the man to deal with around here so I wanted to discuss Simon Diamond taking the next step up…maybe a title shot.”

CALLIS"You know what Simon, I think I might just have something for you.”

The two begin hushed negotiations as our feed cuts to a commercial break.

87%

Simon Diamond gained overness. Don Callis gained overness.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

11. The Players Get The Win, But It’s Not Them Who Make An Impact

The odds seem firmly stacked against Jeff Jarrett and Shark Boy as the stand in the ring. Not only are they facing former ECW champions Steve Corino and Justin Credible, but they could have to contend with the Red Shirts AND Don Callis. With BG James injured and Sonjay hurt after losing to Killings it doesn’t look like they have much back up. However, it doesn’t phase them as they have much of the early going, double teaming Credible to much effect. Unfortunately, Corino pulls the top rope down when Shark Boy gets whipped into the ropes, sending him flying to the outside and swinging the pendulum back their way. Corino gets tagged in and nails a suplex on Shark Boy. He drives fist into his skull from the second rope, but only gets a 2 count. Credible tries his luck following a Russian Leg Sweep, but can’t keep Shark Boy on the mat. The crowd starting chanting for their favourite sea creature and he responds. Credible starts punching him, but they have no effect. Shark Boy shrugs off all the shots, slowly getting back to his feet. Credible tries punching him more, but Shark Boy just keeping shrugging the hits off. He’s Sharking up!! Shark Boy blocks another fist and points at Credible. He wags his finger then starts clouting him with some big fins of his own. Corino jumps in the ring, but he takes a big clothesline. Clothesline to Credible. Shark Boy makes the tag to Jarrett! Jarrett comes in and blasts both men with clotheslines. He gives Credible a BIG back body drop then lays into Corino. He slaps him around in the corner as Shark Boy grabs Credible and throws him into the corner too. They do the old 10 punch routine, then look across the ring, giving each other the signal. They Irish whip them into each other, causing bother men to stagger backwards. Shark Boy runs up and bites Credible on the ass to the crowd’s delight. Corino and Jarrett are left battling in the ring. They trade suplexes and strikes, before Jarrett gets the advantage. He gives Corino a Piledriver, then gives the cutthroat sign, calling for The Stroke. Here come the Red Shirts! They jump onto the apron, distracting the referee, but Jarrett runs over and knocks them down. Jarrett turns around into a kick to the gut. Corino goes for the Old School Expulsion, but Jarrett rolls through it. Stroke! Jarrett makes the cover, but Gage pulls the ref out the ring. Someone else is running down to the ring. It’s Simon Diamond! Jarrett doesn’t see him. He turns around. Simonizer! Jarrett is down. Diamond pulls Corino on top of him. The ref is back in the ring. 1…2…3!

Steve Corino and Justin Credible bt Shark Boy and Jeff Jarrett (74/72/77) **1/4

Diamond jumps back into the ring and starting stomping at Jarrett. Gage, Northcutt and Credible soon join him. They continue to beat down Jarrett, until Corino tells them to pick him up. Corino is about to nail the Old School Expulsion, when AJ Styles charges to the ring! He cleans house, throwing the Red Shirts out of the ring then Credible, which allows Diamond and Corino to escape. As the show goes off the air Corino points at AJ, telling him he’ll get revenge.

-End Show-

CQ – 72%

TV – 4.82

Good show as always, but Ron Simmons? Oh well, I guess it was either him or Ahmed Johnson so I suppose I applaud you for your decision in that case. Though, the whole Punk/Raven feud has been done already, hopefully you can do it one better or something. Hopefully the Super 8 tourney shapes up to be super as opposed to really good, or something.

That was a hit and miss show for me Funky.

HITS

- Dutt advancing in the Super 8

- Simon Diamond getting a push up the card

- The Raven promo was good

- Mafia = RATINGS

- Jeff Jarrett losing!

MISSES

- Shelley advancing in the Super 8. I'm not sure if you'll get his overness up enough for it to be worthwhile for him to be there.

- Ron Simmons and Ron Killings? I demand you change them to a comedy act and make them The New Two Ronnies

- Dutt doing so well to beat Swinger then losing to Killings. I'd have put both over by having Dutt win by DQ, gettings Killings over as a psycho and Dutt over as the winner.

Thumbs in the middle for that show Funky.

Xplosion Preview

With only a few days before NWA:TNA plays host to the 8th annual Super 8, the tournament is taking shape. The final two places are up for grabs on Xplosion in two qualifying matches. For one of the coveted Freelance spots, Jamar Cunningham will face Ace Steel, and for a chance to represent NWA:TNA former X-Division champions will collide as Paul London faces Sonny Siaki.

Last week on Total Nonstop Action, B-Boy was attacked by Mafia after it was revealed that he had sided with Low Ki against the Prophecy. Unfortunately the injuries suffered by B-Boy will keep him out of the Super 8. This week on Xplosion, Don Callis will make an announcement about who will replace B-Boy.

Also this week, The Naturals will be in action and CM Punk will apparently answer the challenge of Raven. 

Only on UPN this Saturday, 6PM.

13-3-04

user posted image

Attendance – 2003

We kick off another Saturday night with the second episode of Xplosion. Don West and Mike Tenay run down tonight’s card and recap what happened last Wednesday, including the aftermath of the tag team main event. According to Tenay, both AJ Styles and Jeff Jarrett will be at the Super 8 this Wednesday night. Nice little incentive to tune in there. There seems to be a noticeably lower attendance tonight than last week. TNA may have to change their stance of booking for Xplosion if they want to draw decent crowds. People won’t pay to see TNA regulars against random jobbers, no matter how good the jobbers are. Maybe that’ll change in the coming weeks.

1. Cunningham Advances; Fonzie Nowhere To Be Found

The show kicked off with the TNA crowd getting their first glimpse of Jamar Cunningham. To much of the crowd’s disappointment he is not the urban cousin of Happy Days’ Richie Cunningham, and there was much disillusionment that a leather jacket clad Italian American did not accompany him to the ring. Mike Tenay did a nice run down for the viewers at home, informing us that Cunningham wrestles mostly on the East Coast, competing in Ring of Honor amongst other places. His opponent Ace Steel is another to return to TNA after a long absence. Tenay informs the public of his history in TNA and also that he trained CM Punk. Steel plays the heel in this one, wasting absolutely no time, mercilessly attacking the neck of Cunningham from the bell. He wrenched back, then drove knees into it. He piledrove Cunningham, but it only got a 2 count. Steel whips Cunningham into the ropes, but he slid through his legs and nailed a high flipping dropkick, sending Steel into the ropes. He came back straight into a spinning heel kick. Cunningham followed up with some high speed offence before nailing a springboard hurricanrana. He climbed to the top rope and flew off with a corkscrew moonsault! Steel got pulled back to his feet then drilled with a Pumphandle Piledriver. Cunningham makes the cover and gets the 3 count! He qualifies for the tournament.

Jamar Cunningham bt Ace Steel (58/33/84) **

Ace Steel lost overness. Jamar Cunningham gained overness.

2. The Final Spot Goes To…

Shortly after the conclusion of the match, Don Callis comes out to ringside. He is unaccompanied by the Red Shirts, which may mean he’s on official business rather than another outburst against Jeff Jarrett. However, word round the locker room is that Callis is not happy with AJ Styles after he interfered in the main event. Apparently he could be forced to defend his title next week on Total Nonstop Action. Anyway, Callis grabs a mic and steps into the ring.

CALLIS “As you may have seen last week on Total Nonstop Action, B-Boy was assaulted. Unfortunately the TNA medical staff have informed me that B-Boy sustained injuries that rule him out of next week’s Super 8 tournament. That means there is one spot left up for grabs, and tonight that spot will be decided in an over-the-top-rope battle royal. The top members of the X-Division will battle it for the final position, except of course Chris Sabin, who is the X-Division champion, and anyone who has lost a qualifying match…”

Chris Sabin’s music interrupts Don Callis’ announcement. He stomps down to the ring with the X-Division title over his shoulder. He signals for Callis to hand him the mic, which he does, and Sabin begins explaining himself.

SABIN “Hold on Don, why can’t I be in the battle royal?”

CALLIS “Well Chris you’re the champion of our X-Division. What would it say about this company if you were eliminated in the first round of the Super 8? It’s just good policy Chris, nothing personal.”

SABIN“I AM taking my place in that battle royal tonight and I WILL win it and then I WILL win the Super 8.”

Callis smiles, admiring Sabin’s tenacity.

CALLIS“Alright Chris, you want it, you’ve got it, but there is a catch. If you win tonight’s battle royal and qualify for the Super 8 you must put your title on the line. That means that whoever defeats you in the tournament will become X-Division champion. What do you think of that?”

SABIN “You got yourself a deal. And next Wednesday night I WILL leave The Asylum the X-Division champion and the 2004 Super 8 winner.”

Sabin drops the mic and then leaves the ring, calmly followed by Callis, who seems proud of his match making.

75%

Chris Sabin gained overness.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

3. The Naturals Get The Victory, Naturally

John Walters leads his boys, The Naturals out to the ring for their match. Their opponents await them in the ring, announced as from SoCal, ‘Shooting Star’ Bobby Quance and Puma. The latter is wearing a colourful mask, which as you would expect, depicts a cat like creature, possibly a Puma. Coincidence? I think not. The Naturals are on top for most the match, as you would expect. The showed some nice teamwork whilst double teaming Puma, hitting a Giant Swing-Dropkick combo amongst other moves. Puma was isolated but slipped out of a suplex and dived across the ring making the tag to Quance. The ‘Shooting Star’ springs into the ring off the top rope, nailing both Naturals with a double dropkick. He hit a pair of spinning heel kicks then an Exploder to Stevens. John Walters got up on the apron, but was knocked down by Puma. Walters got up straight into a Moonsault press suicida from Puma. Inside the ring, Quance pulled Stevens into the corner. He climbed to the top rope and landed a picture perfect Shooting Star Press, but Douglas broke up the count. They beat on him for a while then whipped him into the ropes. Quance came back straight into the Natural Disaster (a Tilt-a-whirl Flapjack-Cutter combo) for the win.

The Naturals bt Bobby Quance and Puma (55/31/80)

4. An Unexpected Return

The camera cut to outside of the TNA Asylum. They are pointed down the open road, lit only by street lamps. A pick up truck appears in the distance, swinging round a corner with a trailor following behind, flying across the width of the road. The pick up splutters down the roads, making some awful noises, then it comes to a screeching halt outside the arena. The door flies open and a man steps out. Holy shit, that’s Stan Dupp!

DUPP“Yep Bo, this is the right place.”

Dupp looks up at the sign that says ‘Welcome To The TNA Asylum’.

DUPP “Ahhh, home sweet home.”

48%

Stan Dupp gained overness. Bo Dupp gained overness.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

5. Cheater’s Never Prosper…Except In This Match

Former X-Division champions collide in the next match, as Paul London takes on Sonny Siaki, accompanied by Traci. Siaki starts off the match well, using his size to dominate London, keeping him on the mat with slams and shoulder blocks. London ducks a clothesline, springs off the middle rope and lands the crossbody for a 2 count. London reversed a powerbomb attempt into a facebuster for another near fall. He stepped onto the apron and springboard’d into the ring with the double-jump Moonsault, but Siaki got his knees up. He put the boots to London, kicking him in the ribs ruthlessly. He whipped London into the ropes, flapjacked him into the air and dropped him on his knee. London rolls around the ring, clutching at his ribs. Siaki wastes no time, pulling him to his feet and suplexing him over the top rope. Siaki climbed to the top rope and went for a legdrop, but London moved out the way! London gave Siaki a big forearm then drove his shoulder into the gut. Sunset Flip! 1…2…kickout. London is straight back on Siaki, hitting his Dropsault for another 2 count. Siaki went for a press slam, but London reversed it into a Hurricanrana. He held on for the cover, but Traci pulled the ref out of the ring. London leaned over the top rope, yelling at Traci. With the ref distracted, Siaki came up behind and gave him a low blow. Siakolypse Now! The ref gets back inside the ring and makes the 3 count. London got cheated out of his place in the tournament.

Sonny Siaki bt Paul London (74/64/84) **3/4

6. The Straight Edge Superstar Accepts The Challenge

We cut to a short video package next. The camera finds CM Punk sitting in the locker room, taping up his hands. He looks up at the camera.

PUNK“Raven, you think I’m scared of you? You think I am afraid?! You have no idea what you are talking about. I know you Raven. I followed you for a while because I thought you’d changed, but I was mistaken. I thought that you had put your past behind you, but I was wrong. You haven’t changed Raven, you’re still the same washed up addict you always were. You taught me everything you know, Raven – I know what makes you tick. Do you think that makes me less dangerous or more?

I accept your challenge, Raven.

See you Wednesday.”

Punk makes the sXe sign as the camera fades out.

76%

CM Punk gained overness.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

7. Battle Royal

Stars of the X-Division stand outside the ring, ready for their shot at the final spot in the Super 8 tournament. Jimmy Jacobs, Michael Shane, Nate Webb, Quiet Storm, Andy Douglas, Chase Stevens, Elix Skipper, Kid Kash, Jerry Lynn and of course, Chris Sabin all take their places in the ring for this over-the-top-rope match. As the bell rings the brawl erupts, fists flying all over the ring. The first man out is Andy Douglas. He is the unfortunate victim of some double teaming by Michael Shane and Jerry Lynn, as they dumped him over the top rope. His tag team partner Chase Stevens is not far behind. He attempted a clothesline on Jacobs, but he ducked, sending him flying over the top rope to the floor. Jimmy Jacobs was elimination number three. He caught Webb with a big fuzzy boot, but turned around into a dropkick from Elix Skipper, which sent him out of the ring. Skipper yelled at Jacobs from the ring, but his smugness turned to anger when Kid Kash and Michael Shane push him over. Shane lifted Lynn onto the apron, but the veteran wouldn’t give in. He kept fighting, refusing to give in. Shane went for a shoulder to the gut, but Lynn jumped up and legdropped him through the ropes. Lynn came back into the ring and eliminated Quiet Storm, who was being wedged out the ring by Webb and Kash. Sabin was close to being thrown out many times, but kept battling back and staying in. Nate Webb tried to powerbomb Sabin out of the ring, but it was reversed and he was hurricanrana’d over the ropes, killing his chances of earning the spot. Michael Shane hit a Superkick on Sabin as Kash and Lynn battled on the other side of the ring. He got cocky and went for the big finish, climbing to the top rope, but Lynn saw him. He whipped Kash into the ropes, crotching Shane, then Lynn nailed the dropkick, sending Shane to the floor. Lynn and Kash tried to slam Sabin over the top, but he held onto the top rope and wouldn’t let go. They eventually got him onto the apron, but he fought his way out of it, smashing the two with rights and lefts. Kash started grappling with Sabin. Lynn saw his chance. He charged at the two, but the both ducked, sending Lynn to the outside. This left Kash and Sabin for the final spot. Kash nailed a Yakuza kick on Sabin, but he held onto the bottom rope as Kash tried to throw him out. Kash nailed a Piledriver, but still Sabin refused to be eliminated. Kash went to the second rope and went for a flying hurricanrana, but Sabin caught him. He ran over to the ropes and threw him to the floor! Chris Sabin has won the battle royal! He takes the final spot in the Super 8!

Chris Sabin won the X-Division Battle Royal (64/55/73) *1/2

-End Show-

CQ – 63%

TV – 3.78

That's a great set up. You either have the potential to turn Sabin into a monster, which I hope you don't do because it would make Future Shock happy, or you have the potential to get instant payoff by giving the winner the title instead of just giving them a shot. Personally, I'm calling for a swerve. Sabin loses the belt in round one, and whoever beats him losed it in the finals. The dreaded double switch, but I think it would do more help to the division then harm.

I think this may have been a mistake -- you're almost forcing your own hand. Sabin pretty much has to make the final according to the Unwritten Rules -- which also dictate that in an elimination match, the champs have to stick around until the final fall. The rule is basically the same, and either way, you've turned three guys into jobbers.

Of course, if Jamar Cunningham (who?) is in the tournament, maybe they already are jobbers...

anyway, POST ME SOME BRACKETS!

Guest Red Devil

Xplosion was a good show, i liked the Sabin angle and that's piqued my interest for the Super 8 show, I'll be looking forward to seeing that one pan out. Hopefully you give someone else the belt giving them an 'underdog' run and somehow beating Sabin's in the finals.

NWA:TNA presents the 8th Annual Super 8 Tournament

The Participants

Representing NWA:TNA:

user posted image

Sonjay Dutt

Height: 5’8

Weight: 185lbs

Hometown: Bollywood, India.

Trained By: Larry Sharpe.

‘The Original Playa From The Himalayas’ wowed American audiences for the first time in CZW. Dutt undoubtedly became the franchise player of the Philadelphia promotion’s junior heavyweight division. He entertained crowds not only with his innovative moves but his dancing too. Wrestling guys like Ruckus, Trent Acid, Chris Cash and B-Boy, Dutt continued to impress fans and wrestling pundits alike. It wasn’t long before Dutt broke out, competing regularly in Major League Wrestling and IWA Mid South. Last year Dutt held a Junior Heavyweight triple crown, holding the MLW, IWAMS and CZW Jr. Heavyweight titles simultaneously. Dutt debuted in TNA in October and it wasn’t long before he climbed the rankings. He established himself as one of TNA’s top fan favourite when he joined the Live Kru with Shark Boy in December last year. 2004 has been a quiet year thus far for Dutt, however he has been picking up big wins in Japan’s Zero One promotion. When Dutt is on his game he is undoubtedly one of the X-Division’s finest high fliers, but he has yet to prove himself in NWA:TNA. Could the Super 8 be his chance?

user posted image

John Walters

Height: 6’0

Weight: 222lbs

Hometown: Framingham, MA.

Trained By: Killer Kowalski, Mike Hollow

John Walters is one of NWA:TNA’s brightest prospects. He broke out on the Independent circuit in 2003 leading to his debut appearance in NWA:TNA last November in a tag match, teaming with Elix Skipper to defeat another Super 8 participant Alex Shelley and Jason Cross. A month later he aligned himself with Vince Russo and The Naturals to form Russo Inc. That same night ignited his rivalry with Glen Gilbertti which concluded last month at Destiny. Walters insulted Gilbertti after his performance in ‘A Very B-Jizzle Xmas’ then went on to defeat him on the first broadcast of TNA on FOX. Walters continued to mock Gilbertti, showing a lowlight package of his career. This eventually lead to a 6-man tag match between Russo Inc and Gilbertti, Quiet Storm and Chris Divine. The feud finally concluded with a Career versus Respect match, where Walters beat Gilbertti, forcing him to retire. The era of Walters has already begun with him throwing Vince Russo out of his own group. Walters looks set to make his mark on NWA:TNA this year, but could he kick start by winning the Super 8?

user posted image

Chris Sabin

Height: 5’10

Weight: 207lbs

Hometown: Detroit, MI.

Trained By: Scott D’Amore

Chris Sabin made his NWA:TNA debut on 9th April 2003, tagging with Jonny Storm in a 4-way tag match. Sabin turned a lot of heads that day, impressing many with his mix of high flying and technical offence. Only one month later on 14th May Chris Sabin defeated Jerry Lynn and the Amazing Red in a triple threat match to capture his first gold in NWA:TNA. Later that month he defeated TNA stars Jerry Lynn, Johnny Swinger and Frankie Kazarian to unify the WWA Cruiserweight and NWA X-Division titles. Sabin held the title for another 3 months before it was held up following a draw between Sabin and Kazarian. Unfortunately Sabin couldn’t regain the gold, losing the very first Ultimate X match as Michael Shane took the gold. From then on Sabin began his quest to retain the title. He defeated Frankie Kazarian, Jerry Lynn and Juventud Guerrera in one night to win the first NWA:TNA Super X tournament. He continued his rivalry with Michael Shane, hoping to get another shot at the X-Division title. He eventually got that shot in the finals of Shane’s Triple Chance X Invitational, but could not get the belt back after interference from Shane Douglas allowed Paul London to win the match and become the new champion. These three met again at Bound For Glory in a 4-way dance also involving Amazing Red, where London retained. Sabin finally reclaimed the gold in a 3-way ladder match, beating his rival Shane and Paul London. Today Sabin is still X-Division champion and he will put his title on the line for a shot at winning the Super 8 tournament. After the disappointment of a first round exit last year, Sabin has vowed to this year beat anyone in his path and become the 8th Super 8 champion.

user posted image

Sonny Siaki

Height: 6’1

Weight: 240lbs

Hometown: North Carolina.

Trained By: WCW Power Plant.

Undoubtedly the biggest man in this year’s Super 8 tournament, Sonny Siaki has to be considered one of the favourites to take the crown. He has been wrestling in NWA:TNA since it’s inception in June 2002 but has under achieved tremendously. After dropping the comedic Flying Elvises persona, Siaki showed his mean streak, beating both his former partners and engaging in a feud with Jerry Lynn, which culminated in Siaki winning the X-Division title from Lynn in December 2002. After losing the title to Kid Kash in February, Siaki sparingly appeared on TNA programming. He competed in the Hard 10 tournament through the summer of 2003 and engaged in a feuds with D’Lo Brown and Danny Doring, but has never really been more than a bit player. Siaki declared that he would realise his potential and requested a chance to compete in the tournament. Last week on Xplosion he defeated Paul London with some underhanded tactics to qualify for the Super 8. Will Siaki use the Super 8 as a stepping stone to stardom?

And the Freelance tournament entrants:

user posted image

Mike Kruel

Height: 5’11

Weight: 225lbs

Hometown: Brooklyn, NY.

Trained By: Jim Kettner, Mike Mayo.

When NWA:TNA officials negotiated a deal with ECWA to hold this year’s tournament, there was one condition – that the ECWA Heavyweight champion would be guaranteed a place. TNA was true to their word and so the final ECWA Heavyweight champion Mike Kruel will line up this Wednesday night. Kruel has the advantage of being an outsider in this tournament – no one will know what to expect when he wrestles this Wednesday night. Kruel made his debut in 1999 and won the ECWA Heavyweight title when he defeated NWA:TNA’s own Christopher Daniels earlier this year. Kruel is fighting for the memory of the company that made him and hopes to win the tournament as a final tribute to ECWA.

user posted image

Alex Shelley

Height: 5’10

Weight: 199lbs

Hometown: Detroit, MI.

Trained By:Truth Martini, Scott D’Amore.

Alex Shelley is one of the Independent scene’s hottest stars. He has competed all over the East Coast since breaking out in 2003. His feud with Jimmy Jacobs earned him much press and got everyone talking about ‘The Next’ Alex Shelley. He is thought of as one of the top technical wrestlers in North America and hopes to finally make an impact on TNA after several uninspiring performances. After the disappointment of not being offered a permanent spot in TNA, Shelley went away and trained hard. He continued to impress on the Indy circuit, becoming a big star in Combat Zone Wrestling, IWA Mid South and Ring of Honor. Shelley rang TNA officials and demanded a chance to show them what he could really do and they obliged. Shelley certainly showed his desire to succeed when he upset veteran Super Crazy in the qualifying rounds.

user posted image

Jamar Cunningham

Height: 5’9

Weight: 192lbs

Hometown: Elizabeth, NJ.

Trained By: Mikey Whipwreck.

Plucky underdog Jamar Cunningham is definitely an outsider to win the competition. He came to TNA hoping to get a shot at the big time and earned that chance defeating Ace Steel last Saturday night on Xplosion. Not many people will know of Cunningham as he not been wrestling too long, but triumphing in the Super 8 would certainly change that. Cunningham should not be underestimated as he is no stranger to victory. Despite only being a one year veteran he has already captured major titles in his native Jersey and has beaten some tough opponents in Philadelphia’s Ring of Honor. Cunningham is definitely capable of pulling out the upset.

user posted image

Jimmy Rave

Height: 6’0

Weight: 174lbs

Hometown: Atlanta, GA.

Trained By: Murder One.

Jimmy Rave is the eighth participant in this year’s Super 8 and definitely one who could take it all. The young Atlanta native is an up and coming technical wrestler who rose to prominence last year, competing in CZW, ROH and fleeting appearances on Xplosion. Rave became a big name in his home away from home, NWA Wildside in 2002, winning the Junior Heavyweight crown. Also, last year Rave won the CZW Ironman title, defeating Trent Acid at Cage of Death 5. Over his short career Rave has mastered the Crossface submission which has helped him to many victories. Competitors will have to be wary of Race as he can seemingly hit the submission from anywhere inside the squared circle, as Alex Shelley found out earlier this year when Rave defeated him. Rave is no stranger to tournaments – last year he won CZW’s Trifecta elimination competition. This Wednesday night he hopes to add the 8th Super 8 tournament to his long list of achievements.

Brackets will follow along with the official TNA on FOX preview.

Edited by lafunkenstein

NWA:TNA presents the 8th Annual Super 8 Tournament

Official Tournament Line Up

This year's tournament will take on the format of NWA:TNA versus the World as each match up pairs together a X-Division and Freelance wrestler.

X-Division champion Chris Sabin will take on ECWA's Mike Kruel in the first round of the tournament. Sabin will put his title on the line and must fancy his chances against Kruel. However, Sabin would be a fool to underestimate him as Kruel is fighting for the pride of his deceased company.

John Walters will have his work cut out when he faces rookie Jamar Cunningham. Walters is very confident of securing victory in the tournament, but shouldn't take Cunningham lightly. An upset victory for him would certainly kill the momentum of Walters.

Jimmy Rave will face off in the first round against his old foe Sonjay Dutt. It was only last month that Rave defeated Sonjay to retain his CZW Ironman championship, so he must have the advantage going into this encounter. However, you can never count Sonjay out.

In the final pairing, TNA mainstay Sonny Siaki will take on Alex Shelley. Siaki will certainly try and use his size to his advantage in this match, but Shelley is more than capable of taking any man down to the mat. Siaki must beware of the Border City Stretch which has won Shelley his fair share of matches this past year. Shelley must also keep his eyes open for the influence of Traci on the outside.

Also, it has been confirmed that we will hear from Jeff Jarrett for the first time since Destiny.

Last Saturday night, CM Punk accepted the challenge of Raven for a Clockwork Orange House Of Fun match. In the past these have been brutal encounters, but who will come off worst this Wednesday night?

And to cap off a fabulous card, Don Callis has informed us that AJ Styles will defend his title against the number one contender, who Callis will announce this Wednesday night. Who will it be?

Only this week on Total Nonstop Action, 8PM on FOX.

EDIT - If you wish to leave predictions for the tournament, feel free. However I must ask that you leave reasons or atleast some feedback with them - it's always fun to hear what you think.

Edited by lafunkenstein

I hate the pairings, as half of them leave NO room for it to go either way in my opinion. Putting Kruel over Sabin of Cunningham over Walters would be bad booking, since it would kill the momentum of both of them.

Which sucks, because Cunningham was going to be my pick.

I'm going to go with Sonjay. One, he's a TNA regular, and two, its his time.

Isn't there a Punk-Raven match on Wednesday, as well? By the way, I want to hear what AJ Styles thinks about only beating Raven by Punk's interference. He didn't notice Punk interfering at the time, but surely he knows about it by now, and can't be happy about it.

I like that you're using the Super 8 tourney to put over the X Division - the bios were nice - and the TNA vs the World concept is a good way to add a bit of prestige to the tourney, and maybe introduce a couple of new regulars.

Predictions:

Sabin over Kruel. Splat. No way Sabin's dropping his title to a nobody.

Walters over Cunningham. I'd be very surprised if I'm wrong here.

Dutt over Rave. The only quarterfinal match I can really see going either way, as Rave's someone that might be worth pushing in TNA. However, I think Dutt takes it by dint of his 3LK-induced coolness.

Shelley over Siaki. One of the 'World' guys has to win, and I just don't see Siaki going anywhere in the X division.

It's not clear who's bracketed with who for the semis, but I could see a Walters-Sabin final with Walters going over.

Ergh. I dislike putting Kruel up against Sabin, because with the whole "fighting for the pride of ECWA" stuff it's going to feel like a diappointment to have him job in round one, and Sabin isn't dropping the belt to him. For the most part the matchups look fine except for this one which irks me.

I'm predicting that it'll be Sabin vs. Walters or Dutt in the finals, depending on how the bracketing works.