How to end the nWo in One Year or Less

Hella good stuff man. I like that you're utilising Lex Luger well, which is something most writers have trouble with. I'll keep reading to see how long it takes him to turn on Sting, and then for Sting to forgive him. :)

Gotta love WCW.

lol, what cant you guys predict? That sure is WCW though. :D

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2WRESTLING.COM RESULTS for WCW THURSDAY THUNDER

January 8th, 1998

Dark Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan d. Arthur Dexter Bradley

ADB showed himself for another dark match and I really gotta get some better notes on this youngster. He’s obviously signed with WCW now, having appeared two straight weeks and at a house show. Tenzan is part of the nWo Japan, usually dressed in black and white. I was told that the crowd was chanting for ADB, who had those same letters on his trunks.

Thursday Thunder was in Boston this week! The show opened with a recap of the end of Monday Nitro’s main event, featuring the DQ Lex Luger versus Randy Savage.

Fit Finley vs. Mortis

The ring was shown. Out first was Mortis, to some eerie music and his “handler” James Vandenberg led him to the ring, being that he’s a supernatural monster or something. I don’t really know, it wasn’t explained. Anyway, captain blue collar, Fit Finley came to the ring next, to some energetic music and slapped high-fives with the fans on the way. Mortis just stood there stoically. The mask looks pretty good though. It looks like a skull of some sort and covers the full of the head.

Finley entered the ring and stepped right up to Mortis, but received a right hand for his efforts. Finley got right back up, got knocked down once, twice and three times. Mortis knelt down and started choking Finley, frustrated that he couldn’t keep the Belfast Brawler down. Mortis set him up for a DDT, but Finley blocked it and backdropped Mortis. Mortis was stunned. Finley reached over and slapped on a leglock, but Mortis was too near the ropes.

Mortis started to get up but Finley approached from behind and grabbed at the mask of Mortis, trying to take it off! A pop for the first time! A pop for Fit Finley. Stunning. Mortis elbowed Finley in the mouth and got away, then checked his mask to make sure it was secure. Finley jumped on the taller man’s back! Mortis backed Finley into the corner until he finally dropped off. Mortis staggered from the corner, then turned around and received a the Belfast Cross! Mortis went down in a heap, allowing Finley to cover for the 1-2-3. Vandenberg pulled Mortis out while Finley shouted some arguments toward them.

Result - Fit Finley by pin (36.3/78.6/56.4)

nWo destroy Dillon’s car

We were next taken backstage where Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton and Curt Hennig were spraypainting a white car with NWO letters. Bagwell snickered to himself while he chatted with his buddies, saying that this was JJ Dillon’s car. Randy Savage stood back and appraised it, measuring it like a fine painting. Bagwell posed, flexing. Norton gave Savage the clique high-five and laughed. Savage said it need a little something extra, so he busted the back window with a baseball bat. They all laughed at what they had done. The picture faded out as the program went to commercial.

(70.6)

Ric Flair vs. Bobby Eaton

Good cheer for Ric Flair, who came out in a sparkling blue robe. He raised his arms out and some pyro went off on stage. “Beautiful” Bobby Eaton was waiting for him in the ring. This is Flair’s first match since before Starrcade 1997. The two looked each other over in an old school showdown, then Flair smiled and went woo. They locked up in a traditional fashion, in a test of strength. Headlock on Eaton, then a snapmare takedown to the mat by Flair. Headlock on the ground.

Eaton turned over and worked out, but Flair kept him on the ground. Flair locked in a head-scissors submission, squeezing the life from Eaton, turning his face red. Eaton struggled, then reached the ropes. Flair put the boots to Eaton as he tried to regain his wind. Eaton caught a stiff right hand, going down hard. Flair went to the top rope and everyone knew what was coming next. Eaton got up and tossed Flair like a pancake from the turnbuckle, causing him to land hard on his back. Eaton grabbed Flair’s arm and twisted it, then locked in a arm-stretch submission.

Flair got to the ropes. Eaton got up and charged, but Flair dumped him over top. Flair did the strut and gave a WOO to the crowd. Eaton reached in, grabbed his ankles and tripped him up. Eaton dropped a big knee to Flair’s back. Eaton missed an elbow drop attempt, then when he got up, Flair eye-poked him to regain the advantage. Stiff chop by Flair sends Eaton down. Flair grabbed Eaton’s legs and was about to put in the figure-four when JIM NEIDHART came out to ringside. Flair noticed and looked mad that Bret Hart’s friend was there. He went to the ropes to yell at Neidhart. Eaton took advantage and rolled up Flair, but only got a 1-2. So close! Flair chopped Eaton, then clotheslined him down. He locked in the figure-four this time, getting the submission.

Result - Ric Flair by submission (68.6/71.8/73.8)

After the match, Jim Neidhart entered the ring and shouted at Flair, pointing at him in a threatening way. Flair cheap-shotted him with a low blow. Flair locked in the figure-four on Neidhart, who struggled in pain, calling out loudly. Flair released the hold after officials came down, but then pulled Neidhart to the ring-post and locked the figure-four around the ring-post. Flair was made to break the hold finally. Neidhart had to be helped to the back.

Interview with Zybysko

After commercial, Larry Zybysko was in the ring with Mike Tenay. Tenay raised the mic, “Larry, since you won your match at Starrcade, you’ll be facing Scott Hall at Souled Out. I’m sure you’ve developed a strategy.”

“I don’t need a strategy, Mike. He needs one. He’s the one on his heels, getting chokeslammed every week by The Giant. I’ll tell you something, this punk needs to be taught respect and I don’t see anyone else stepping up, so I’m going through with this match at Souled Out. I’m tired of the nWo coming over to take over our announce position, I’m tired of the stupid jokes and the pointless promos. This is what I gotta do, Mike.”

Tenay nodded to that comment, then asked, “Scott Hall has used you as the butt of many of his jokes for months, so I can understand your frustration—“

Larry spoke up, “Hall! Once this old “dinosaur” beats you, I’m gonna take a page from your book and not shaddup about it. Maybe I’ll get lucky and you’ll feel so humiliated that you’ll up and quit WCW. Then I wont have to see your ugly face every week. There's nothing that's going to stop me from coming to Souled Out to kick your butt! Nothing!"

(47)

Hall Injured?

After Mike Tenay sent it back up to Tony Schiavone, we were shown some backstage footage. Kevin Nash and Scott Hall were arriving at the arena, but Hall was coming in on crutches. Hall was wincing and exaggering in pain, while Kevin Nash doted over him, asking him if he was alright every few seconds. Hall paused and took a breather, then continued on using the crutches. Nash tried to keep a straight face.

(80)

The Steiner Bros vs Meng & The Barbarian (The Faces of Fear)

Scott Steiner had his long, black mullet tied into a ponytail. The Steiners came out with Ted Diabase, as usual. The Faces of Fear were lacking Jimmy Hart however, as they have for several weeks. Steiner started the match against The Barbarian, locking up with him. Scott used an amateur-style takedown to put the Barbarian on the mat, then put the boots to him. Barbarian worked up again, but Scott kicked him in the gut and clotheslined him to the mat. Tag to Rick. Rick was in and traded chops with the Barbarian. Rick backed him into the corner, but missed an avalanche. A series of slams from Barbarian followed.

Tag to Meng, who chopped at Rick and choked him on the mat. Fear kick clipped Rick. Rake to the back, then a sideslam by Meng sent Rick down again. Rick reached for the tag, but Meng pulled him aside and knocked Scott down. Meng locked in a chinlock on Rick, after putting the boots to him. Except he’s not wearing boots. Scott needed to reach a little more for the tag and put some effort in, according to the announcers.

Meng and Barbarian tagged in and out several more times, until Rick finally reversed a move and tagged in Scott. Scott cleaned house, then tossed Meng from the ring and hit a double-underhook powerslam on The Barbarian. Scott covered for the 1-2-3. The crowd was with The Steiners and gave them a good cheer for winning, but there wasn’t much drama. Scott raised his hands in victory, then climbed the turnbuckle and did the same. Rick was attended to by Ted Dibiase. Rick lay on the mat as the program went to commercial.

Result - The Steiner Brothers by pin (61/55.7/61.2)

Interview with Raven

After commercial, The Flock was in the ring. Raven was sitting in the corner stoically. Scotty Riggs was taunting and yelling at the crowd from the opposite turnbuckle. Van Hammer was standing with his arms crossed on the outside, looking bored. Lodi was grinning and looking annoying, holding up signs. One said: THURSDAY NIGHT RAVEN. Perry Saturn stood in the ring nearby.

Raven raised a microphone and said, “Chris Benoit. Chris Benoit, you want me to fight you but what you do not realize is that Raven will not conform. I will not conform to your rules and I will not conform to your system. Since I have been here in this laissez-faire enterprise you all call a wrestling organization, there has been only one way I do things. There’s been only one way I do things or I do not do them. I compete under my rules: RAVEN’S RULES! Chris Benoit, I have not been circumventing an opportunity to meet you in this ring. I know you’ve been trying to lure me into a trap, to use your tired conventions to harm me. Well I don’t conform to your formal, ritual matches, my friend. If you have the courage to face the darkness, then agree to face me under MY rules, at Souled Out. The darkness is going to be my power and the darkness is going to be YOUR end! Quoth the Raven----”

(81.8)

Perry Saturn & Riggs vs Chris Benoit & Booker T

Chris Benoit’s music hit in the arena and he came out to finally interrupt Raven. Raven just sat there. Saturn did the staring and the looking mean, while Benoit climbed into the ring. The announcers put over this tag-match by calling it a dangerous confrontation. Booker T was then introduced. He wore the TV Title to the ring, but he didn’t get much of a reaction.

Raven exitted the ring and stood on the outside while Lodi taunted the fans, continuing to be generally annoying. Saturn started the match with Booker T, locking up with him. Saturn irish whipped Booker off the ropes and hit a shoulder-block that dropped him solid. Saturn worked a series of ground maneuvers, then tagged in Riggs. Riggs hit two dropkicks, then went to the top and tried a flying crossbody, but Booker T caught him. Booker T planted him with a fireman’s carry powerslam. Tag in to Benoit.

Benoit stomped Riggs repeatedly, then chopped him, then stomped him. Then stomped him! Benoit tried to lock in a cloverleaf, but Saturn came in to break the attempt. Benoit ducked a clothesline, then hit a flying forearm off the ropes. Benoit signalled for the flying headbutt! Saturn came in yet again and clobbered him with a forearm. Booker T entered and a free-for-all started. Saturn and Booker T traded big right hands, until Saturn threw him out. Saturn climbed out and grabbed a chair. Lodi hauled up Benoit and tried to hold him, but Benoit moved at the last second. Saturn hit Lodi clean over the head!

Booker T was laid out by Raven. Benoit pushed Saturn into the guardrail. The referee was going nuts as he tried to regain control of this match. Benoit kicked Saturn in the gut and threw him down. Riggs pushed the ref when he tried to restrain him and exitted to help Saturn. The ref called for the bell, throwing this match out. Raven walked over and joined the beatdown of Benoit and Booker T. The numbers were just too great.

Result – Draw (58.1/68/72.3)

After the match, Dean Malenko ran down! He was carrying a chair and swung it wildly. Lodi pushed Riggs toward Malenko in order to save himself, while the others ran in the other direction. Malenko clobbered Riggs, then chased Lodi into the ring. Malenko slid into the ring and locked the texas cloverleaf on. Lodi squirmed, tapped in the painful hold! Raven frowned on the outside, but did nothing to intervene. He just stood there! Raven motioned to the others and they left!

Randy Savage interview

After yet another commercial, the show returned to show Randy Savage and sidekick Konnan in the ring. Savage had on black and white with a headband that said MADNESS. That’s for sure.

Savage held up a mic and said, “There's something that can be said about friendship, Lex Luger. Then there's something like nWo loyalty. That's nWo for life! Ohhhhhh yeah! What you are is jealous, Luger. You cant stand what we got, between me and the Man, Hollywood, between me and the big dog, Konnan. Between everyone! Oh yeah! That loyalty is why you're gonna end up on your back every single night, Luger. Your friendship with Sting means nothing and there's not a thing you can do about the nWo TAKING every single belt in this company for themselves. But before I get to hang some gold around the Maaa-chooo Man's waist, I'm going to see that you get the big elbow and the beatin of your life! Yeah! On Monday Night, I'm gonna use and abuse someone, Luger. I'm gonna climb that top rope and drop the big elbow thinkin' it's you. It's what you got comin' Luger. So who will it be? Maybe DDP? Maybe Sting? The Maaaacho Man will beat em' all! Ohhhhh yeah!"

(85.5)

Dean Malenko vs. Chris Jericho #1 contender match

This was announced as the number one contenders match for Cruiserweight Title. Jericho was out first and had his hands on his hips as Malenko marched to the ring with an icy, blank look on his face. He slid into the ring and Jericho smirked at him, then tossed his long hair as he paced the ring. Jericho suddenly lurched forward and attacked Malenko, but received only a drop-toe-hold. Jericho landed right on his face!

Jericho got up and was angry now. Jericho pummeled Malenko with some right hands, then kicked him in the gut and threw him down by the hair. Jericho locked in a headlock and yelled at Malenko to submit. Malenko hit some body blows and then a stiff dropkick. Malenko used a series of amateur style ground moves to frustrate Jericho, then locked in what looked like a reverse one-legged crab submission. Or something. They traded moves for a few more minutes until they got back to the ground again, with Malenko using another one of his 1,000 holds.

Jericho got to the ropes. Jericho got up and kicked at Malenko, then blocked a suplex and DDT’d Malenko. Jericho went to the top rope and pointed to himself, saying he was the best. Malenko got up and hotshotted him in the stomach. Malenko climbed the turnbuckle with him and hit a good-looked back body drop from the top that sent both men crashing down to the mat. Both men struggled to their feet. Malenko ducked a clothesline, spun around and hit a tiger bomb for the 1-2-3. After the match, Chris Jericho threw a hissy fit, kicking and stomping like a little kid. He slid outside and slapped a sign from a fan’s hands. He then ripped and tore at the ring apron.

Result - Dean Malenko by pin (62.8/88.4/77)

Dillon announcement

Backstage, Mike Tenay was with Commissioner JJ Dillon. Dillon raised his chin, adjusted his glasses and said in a dignified way, “If there’s one thing I’m sure of in this business, it’s that when you put two veterans in the ring, you’re going to see good wrestling. You might get some drama too, if it is just the right two men. I think these two men are Bret Hart and Ric Flair. When I saw the drama unfold earlier between the two, there’s nothing I wanted to see more than these two go at it in the ring on the pay per view. So that’s what we’re going to do. It’s going to be Bret Hart in one corner and Ric Flair in the other. And only at Souled Out.”

Mike Tenay blinked in surprise, "What a match! That should be a show stealer. But what about this Monday night? We've not heard anything about the main event yet."

JJ Dillon nodded intelligently and replied, "Mike, I've thought about it and I think I've made a great main event for this Monday. The first man in the main event is one who's a hard working, WCW loyalist. He's been with us through thick and thin. That's Lex Luger. Now...the second man is just about the most hated man in wrestling. That's Hollywood Hogan. I wish both men luck."

Mike Tenay looked cheery as he said, "Oh what a night! Hollywood Hogan versus The Total Package! This Monday night!"

(59)

Lodi’s last days

Lodi was rubbing his neck as he walked down the hallway. Suddenly, from behind The Flock come out of nowhere and ambushed him. Riggs and Saturn put the boots to him, then hauled him up and allowed the bigger Van Hammer throw him into the wall, then awkwardly over a table. They continued to put the boots to him for what he did earlier.

Raven could be heard saying, “Your selfishness only drives you further into darkness, Lodi. Now you can stay there. I saw what you did to Riggs and that will not be tolerated. Come near us again and I will personally show you what it means to hate. Quoth the Raven, Nevermore.”

Raven then hit an Evenflow DDT on Lodi and left him laying there in the hallway, hurt.

(66)

Curt Hennig & Konnan vs. Public Enemy

The next match was a short one considering it was a tag-match, but it sure did have some long introductions. Johnny Grunge and Rocco Rock came out last, to some hip-hop sounding music. They waved their hands in the air, back and forth, prompting the crowd to do the same. The smiled and high-fived some fans on their way to the ring. Hennig chewed his gum and smirked arrogantly as he stood there with Konnan.

Hennig smacked his gum at Rocco as Public Enemy came in the ring and the fight was on. Grunge and Rocco belted Hennig with overhead forearms and the ref had to take a moment to separate them. Grunge stepped back, but Hennig sucker punched him. Grunge charged, but Hennig only hip tossed him, which is no small feet for a man as big as Grunge. I suppose that’s why it didn’t look very good either. After another hip toss, Hennig scored a knee-drop off the second rope, then slapped Grunge around a bit. Hennig tagged in Konnan. Konnan put the boots to Grunge.

Konnan tried to suplex Grunge, but couldn’t get him up. Grunge hit his own suplex. Grunge tagged in Rocco Rock and hit rocked and socked with a punch to the chin, then to the gut. Konnan responded to this insult by clotheslining him out of the ring. Hennig dropped down and belted Rocco with some right hands, then threw him into the guard rail. Hennig threw him back in as the ref yelled at him. Grunge tried to enter, but was held back. Konnan hit a sit-down piledriver on Rocco, then covered for the 1-2-3. After the match, Grunge entered and drove off Hennig and Konnan.

Result - Curt Hennig and Konnan by pin (65.4/66.2/65.1)

Interview w/ Hall & Nash

Scott Hall and Dr. Kevin Nash came to the ring. Nash was wearing a stetsoscope for some reason. Hall was still on crutches and barely made it into the ring, struggling through the ropes. Hall winced and tried to look in pain at every opportunity, favoring an ankle.

Nash took the mic and said, “Alright, listen up,” he said and the crowd boo’d. “Scott Hall was scheduled to soften up Gigantor tonight but he pulled a left exterior quadricep and aint gonna be able to do much wrestling tonight,” he said and Hall smiled, chuckling.

Nash grinned, “Quadricep right? Okay, yeah, that’s what it is. Hey, I almost went to medical school and I know a serious injury when I see one. So Scott Hall is gonna have to stick to the sidelines tonight. But because the nWo is the workin’ man’s champs, we don’t cop out on a match so I’ve decided to wrestle instead!” he said and the crowd cheered a little.

Nash smirked some, “But I’m not gonna take on the Giant,” he answered. The crowd boo’d that announcement, “I’ll take on someone else like Freddy from Accounting or something. Haha! Yeah, we’ll have a contest, if I can beat Freddy from accounting in under a minute, then the Giant can come out and say a few words. How’s that sound? Yeah, I like that. Oh hey, I know, we’ll have Freddy from Accounting take on the Giant instead—“

The Giant’s music then came on the speaker and he came walking out, with a determined look on his face. The Giant walked right to the ring and really shouted loudly at Nash and Hall. Hall hobbled out of the way as Nash and Giant stared down each other. Suddenly, Hall was all better and struck The Giant with his crutch! What a surprise! Okay, not really, but Giant no-sold it and turned around grabbed Hall, ready to chokeslam him. Nash attacked, making the save.

(74.6)

Scott Hall vs. The Giant

Nash slid to the outside and grabbed the referee, tossing him in recklessly. The referee began the match while The Giant was still down on the mat. Hall put the boots to Giant, kicking him. He stepped back and hit a running kick. Giant grabbed Hall’s boot and flipped him down! The Giant then got up and hauled Hall clean off the mat. He held him off his feet! Nash jumped on the ring apron and clubbed at the Giant, so Giant had to drop Hall to knock him away. The ref looked on helplessly.

Hall grabbed a crutch from the ground and smashed it over Giant’s back, shoulder and legs until he was down again. Hall intimidated the ref, slapping him around a bit and then threatened him with the crutch. Obviously the ref couldn’t do anything. The crowd was boo’ing louder now. Hall rolled Giant over and covered him, but the ref didn’t seem to want to make the count. Nash got up on the ring-apron and threatened him again. The ref reluctantly went to the mat and counted 1-2 but then the lights went out! The lights went out and the crowd murmured in anticipation.

WE WANT STING! WE WANT STING! They chanted. The lights came back on but there was no Sting. Hall and Nash looked around in a cowardly fashion. Hall held his crutch like a baseball bat, ready to strike. Sting then stepped out onto the stage! He was wearing his WCW World Championship. Hall and Nash turned and pointed at him, smirking in annoyance at his appearance. The Giant then got to his feet and ambushed them. The Giant clobbered them both and threw out Nash, but Hall was caught! The Giant signalled for the chokeslam and the crowd popped! Nash pulled him out to safety but Sting was coming to the ring. Sting walked down the ramp with intensity painted all over his face. Sting was walking! He was headed to the ring! Walking still! Walking! Oh my god, Sting was coming down! But the show ran out of time. It faded out.

Result – Draw (77.6/59.3/49.2)

67.3 Overall

6,233 Attendance

Edited by Nottavictim

Nitro was a good show, Liked Vincent getting kicked out of the nWo and looking forward to Hall appreciation night, Thunder was good as well the Hall/Nash segment was good and it was a bit of a surprise seeing Lodi get kicked out of the flock, Keep up the great work :D

I just finished reading this whole thing, and I must say I am impressed.

Your sticking to realistic booking, using people most people wouldn't, and you can write well on top of that.

Please keep up the awesome work.

Oh..and More Randy Savage!!!

2WRESTLING.COM WCW Monday Night Preview

WCW Monday Nitro comes to you live January 12th, 1998 from the Connecticut Sports Arena.  With under two weeks to go until nWo/WCW Souled Out, the action heats up this Monday, with everyone in attendance. 

Hollywood Hogan has promised to return this Monday to be an attendance for what Commissioner JJ Dillon has to say regarding the World Title.  WCW has promised that the STARRCADE CONTRAVERSY will be resolved.  The Starrcade main event footage will also be revealed, with JJ Dillon on hand to tell us who was RIGHT and who was WRONG.

Steve McMichael, Greg Valentine and Davey Boy Smith have all been sidelined with injuries thanks to one man: BILL GOLDBERG.  Backstage authority and retired wrester, Arn Anderson, will address Goldberg personally, one on one, face to face, to get to the bottom of Goldberg's most recent change in attitude.  Goldberg risks SUSPENSION and more by messing with big Double A!

Who's The Man? Ric Flair or Bret Hart? A battle of legends continues to brew and this week, insults may turn into flying fists.  Bret Hart and Ric Flair both will guests of Bobby Heenan as he tries to pick their brains and get the bottom of this rivalry.

Randy Savage has challenged Lex Luger to a match at Souled Out, but it looks like Luger has Hogan to worry about this Monday Night instead! Savage wont be overlooked so expected the MADNESS to be turned up this Monday! Way up!

RECAP:

WCW WorldWide 1/10/98

Interview with Eddie Guerrero (71.1%)

Yuji Negata beat Chavo Guerrero Jr. (56.0%)

Rick Rude beat Jim Powers (64.9%)

Mike Enos beat Prince Iaukea (42.9%)

Eddie Guerrero beat Ultimo Dragon for the WCW Cruiserweight title (79.0%)

Card for NITRO 1/12/98:

The Scott Hall Appreciation Night Ceremony!!

Ultimo Dragon vs. Chris Jericho

Harlem Heat vs. Konnan & Curt Hennig

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Rick Martel

The Big Elbow Challenge: Randy Savage vs. Mystery Guest

Hollywood Hogan vs. Lex Luger

JJ Dillon Announcement

Backstage Notes

-Bobby Duncum Jr. has left WCW and has begun working with ECW fulltime.  WCW wished him the best today on their website.  Duncum had been working in the Power Plant, but also appeared on WCW TV recently.

-Arthur Dexter Bradley has reportedly taken Duncum's spot and has been moved up in his training time because of the hole.  ADB is slated to compete in more dark matches.

-Lodi returned to The Power Plant this Friday, after being removed from The Flock in storylines.  WCW gave no explanation, but still has hopes this youngster will improve.

-Barry Darsow was reportedly released from his WCW contract after appearing only once on WCW Saturday Night back in December.

-Vincent also was rumored to have been removed from storylines by Eric Bischoff himself.

-WCW is rumored to be in contract discussions with "Dr. Death" Steve Williams, who is working overseas with All-Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW).

We take a quick break between shows because Eric Bischoff has some phone calls to take....next...!

Edited by Nottavictim

AH YEAH! Its good to see this thing back in the diary dome. I was wondering when you would put this stuff here in EWB 4. Proof read eh? Does that mean you might take out a few of the backstage skits with Eric Bischoff? Or just modify them and not completely scrap them off this version?

Well I cant wait to see the next show, improved or still the same, dont care since I bet its gonna be a good quality show since your the writer dude :D.

Guest JamesHearte

Good stuff again. I'm excited about the Luger/Hogan main event, although I fear for Lex's safety. Hopefully Sting'll have his back well enough..

Chapter Two: All is Well?

Eric Bischoff strolled confidentally down the hallway of CNN Center and couldnt help but smile to himself. He had beaten RAW again in the ratings! He brushed off the little slump Nitro had in December as a fluke and patted himself on the back for his work to beat them in the ratings early in January. Sure, this Rocky Maivia kid was becoming popular, but that was just one star. WCW had half a dozen stars that had all been just as popular at one time.

Eric thought that maybe he should throw out that yellow book that came to him. Change his ways? Ha! The book was all wrong! The ratings were just fine and the program was great. Why kill the nWo now?

Eric pushed open the exit and entered the garage of the CNN Center, finding his car. He climbed into the seat and relaxed a moment, taking it all in. Maybe he should have an honorary show, just for himself. He glanced back over his shoulder and there sat the yellow book, "How to End the nWo in One Year or Less." It was sitting on his backseat, carelessly discarded there. Eric cursed himself for leaving it out. He tucked it away into his bag, then sat it next to him protectively.

Turning around, Bischoff decided to indulge his good mood and check his messages. Boy, was that a mistake. His mood when south faster than Glacier's gimmick.

Bischoff had several messages and as he listened on his cellphone, he tried to skip through them quickly. He poised a finger over the advance button, which he knew would beep louder than ever.

"Eric, this is Arn Anderson. I like the storyline I've got goin so far, so thanks. I just called to tell you about this young guy I saw in Memphis---BEEP!" Eric advanced the message and skipped the rest.

"Bischoff, this Kevin Nash. I'm really glad I didnt have to wrestle Thursday. I needed the time off. I'm gonna be a little late to Nitro but I'll have Scott fill me in. Here's what I was thinking for the end of the show---BEEP!" Eric advanced it and rubbed his forehead. A headache was coming on.

"Eric, this is Ric. I was thinking my match could go twenty minutes at least at Souled Out. I think we need the time and I dont wanna get cut short this time--BEEP!"

"Bischoff, this is Terry. We should talk about the Title. I hope I can get it and then---BEEP!"

"Mister Bischoff, this is Sid---BEEP!!!" Bischoff lowered his head to rest on the steering wheel.

Eric sighed a moment, realizing that the show might have been good and might have even beaten the WWF in the ratings, but the demands were increasing. Maybe it was right to end the nWo after all, so he could put this whole clique behind him and move onto other things. He paused a moment and realized there was one message left.

"---Eric, this is Ted Turner. Dont forget to stop by my office on your way out to the airport. I want to talk to you about something."

Uh oh.

2WRESTLING RESULTS from WCW MONDAY NITRO

January 12th, 1998

Nitro was live from the Connecticut Sports Arena, with the regular hosts Tony Schiavone and Larry Zybysko. There were no dark matches.

To begin the show, we were taken to the garage area, where two long limos pulled up. The New World Order exited the cars, led by Hollywood Hogan. Nash and Hall were also present. Everyone seemed to be there, except the newly removed Vincent. Hall looked cool and confident, but Hogan looked tense behind those glassy sunglasses. Bagwell posed for the camera, grinning and flexing. Bischoff patted Hogan on the back and promised a good night. They entered the arena.

(71.6)

Disco Inferno vs Ernest Miller

Ernest Miller was dressed in a martial arts style gym-suit. He waited while Disco’s music blared through the arena. Disco danced in the ring, summoning the spirit of John Travolta in order to try to get some heat. Miller pointed at Disco, then retrieved a mic from the outside ring announcer. He took the mic and demanded the match be changed to Martial Arts rules, whatever that meant. Disco smirked and motioned him on. Billy Silverman signaled for the bell.

Miller snapped some jabs at Disco, but Disco kicked him in the gut and hit a suplex on Miller. Disco wrenched the arm, but Miller jumped up and hit a front face slam. Miller kicked and stomped Disco, then hip tossed him nicely as he charged. Miller tried a suplex of his own, but Disco wiggled out. Disco hit a side slam, then went to the top rope. Miller got up quickly and attacked, struggling with Disco on the top rope. Miller hit a back suplex from the top rope, crumpling Disco like paper. Miller got up and did a little dance. A wiggle of some sort. The crowd laughed a little. Miller then was spun around and Disco hit a tiger bomb for a close 1-2-3. Disco argued with the ref, then walked into a judo kick. Miller covered for the 1-2-3. The announcers put it over as an upset. Miller put his arms up and celebrating with a few more dance steps to his own music.

Result - Ernest Miller by pin (47/67.4/52.3)

In-ring interview with Arn Anderson

The announcers hyped the main event as Arn Anderson came out to the ring. He was wearing civilian clothes and had on his glasses. He looked angry and determined, telling the crew to cut the music.

Anderson paused a moment, then looked toward the back, “You know something, I never thought I’d be out here playing the man on the outside, when all I’ve done all my career is fight together with the boys on the inside. So when I was arguing with Bill Goldberg last week, I felt like I was on the outside looking in.

Well, the fact is that I see some of myself in Bill Goldberg. He doesn’t take any guff and neither do I. Neither does Ric Flair. Ric Flair can tell you all too well that we’ve always been the slick, hard-workin’ men that have respected the business and given it everything we've ever had. That’s just the type of men we are. So if Bill Goldberg really does have the maturity and commitment to the business that I think he does---well, I think he’ll come on out here and we can resolve this thing like men. C’mon out here, Goldberg.”

Bill Goldberg’s pounding music came on over the speakers, with all the elaborate drama that has recently been expected from him. He stood in front of some fireworks, then walked to the ring. He entered, but his angry, frowning gaze never waivered. He stared at Arn Anderson.

Arn raised his hand, “Now before you say anything, Bill. I just want to tell you that I had a passion for the business too, back when I was wrestling night in, night out, at arenas across the country. Most of the men I faced I gave all my respect, many though, I sure didnt. I’m gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, since I been there. So whattya say we shake and end this little standoff we got goin?”

Arn Anderson offered his hand, but Goldberg just stood there and stared down Arn.

“Bill, I’m offering you my hand here,” Arn said and frowned, becoming a little angry as the time passed. Bill Goldberg grabbed the mic and tilted it toward him.

“Arn Anderson----You’re next!” Goldberg said darkly. He shoved the mic back to Arn. Goldberg then simply left the ring and walked back up the ramp. His music came on as the show went to commercial.

(72.6)

Harlem Heat vs Steven Regal and David Taylor

A “nWo/WCW Souled Out” hype video came on screen, with the announcers discussing it some more. Regal’s British music came on over the arena and he came out with David Taylor, his former Blue Blood partner.

Stevie Ray started against Taylor, trading chops against the chest. Taylor frankly had enough of that and just tagged out. What a wuss. Regal approached Stevie with caution, but got suplexed anyway. Regal took a hip toss, but then thumbed the eye to break the momentum. Regal tagged in and out with Taylor as they worked over Stevie in their corner. Regal locked in a sleeper, but Stevie fought out. Regal tripped up Stevie and tagged in Taylor to get some double-team help. Taylor locked on a similar side-headlock after a few double-team moves. Stevie elbowed Taylor in the gut...once......twice.....three times! Stevie back bodydropped Taylor and reached for the tag.

Hot tag to Booker T and he cleaned house. Booker T irish whipped Taylor off the ropes, then sent him flying. Regal jumped back into the ring quickly and distracted the ref, inabiling Taylor to get a low blow on Booker. Booker went down. Cover for the 1-2, but Booker T kicked out. Taylor tried to whip Booker into the corner, but got it reversed. Taylor staggered forward, then Booker T got the axe-kick for the 1-2-3.

Result - Harlem Heat by pin (45.1/62.5/49.1)

Scott Hall honorary celebration

The nWo then came to the ring, led by Hollywood Hogan. Eric Bischoff was smiling as he took a mic. The other members of the New World Order stood around looking arrogant. Bischoff took the mic and the crowd boo’d him. “Oh I love you people too!” he said and laughed, “Alright, alright, as much as I would loooove to stand here and give you people more Eric Bischoff on the stick, tonight is not my night. No no, tonight we’re here to honor arguably the hardest working man in wrestling—Scott Hall! Scott, where are you? Oh there you are,” Bischoff grinned.

Bischoff motioned over Hall and shook his hand, “Scott Hall, you’re one-half of the World Tag-Team champions, multi-time award winning wrestler, media superstar! I think you’ve just about reached the pinnacle of your wrestling career---yeah, short of winning the World Title, you’re at the top of your game. And we’re pleased to have you here! Arent we fans? They love you!” Bischoff chuckled. The crowd boooooooooo’d.

“Scott, we all chipped in and got you this trophy. Here you go. The Hardest Working Man trophy! Read the inscription.”

Scott Hall shook hands with some of the people in the New World Order, then took the trophy, “Awwww! Awww! You guys---! Shucks!” Hall said jokingly. He grinned, continuing, “Hey yo, you guys, this is great. It really is an honor to be in this family of guys, right? Cause when you’re nWo, you’re nWo…for life! I guess I should thank you Easy E, Hollywood, Big Sexy my man and all you guys. You know, maybe I should thank “The Dinosaur” Larry Zybysko too, cause at Souled Out, he’s gonna make me look even better! After I put my boot on Zybysko and the ref counts the 1-2-3, maybe we can have another party, huh? Haha!”

Kevin Nash snatched the microphone from Hall and grinned mischeviously, "Scott, that's not all bud. I got you something too and well---I think it's better to show you than to tell you, becauase frankly, this present is just toooooo sweeeeet for words. C'mon out!" Suddenly, a red corvette rolled out with two rather "buxom" girls in the backseat. They were both wearing T-Shirts reading, "Waiting to be pinned by Scott Hall." Nash and Hall laughed to themselves and jumped the car, driving it backstage.

(67)

Ultimo Dragon vs Chris Jericho

After ten straight minutes of that junk, it was straight into another match. Eddie Guerrero joined the announce team for this cruiserweight bout. Ultimo Dragon was out first to some mild applause. Chris Jericho came out next and the announcers called him a baby for the way he reacted to a loss last week. Jericho immediately attacked Dragon, kicking at his knees. Jericho clotheslined him to the mat, then applied a series of ground moves, including a hammerlock. Jericho drove some lifted knees into Dragon, trying to knock the wind from him.

Dragon raised to his feet using pure willpower and kicked out of the submission. Dragon bounced off the ropes and hit a spinning heel kick, driving Jericho down. Dragon went to the top and hit a missile dropkick, then covered for the 1-2. Dragon looked to be sparked for more offense, but Jericho caught him in the gut with a boot, then whipped Dragon into the turnbuckle using all his strength.

Jericho choked Dragon in the corner, the bulldogged his face into the mat. He yelled and screamed at him, rubbing his face into the mat. Jericho covered for the 1-2, but it was too early. Jericho and Dragon got up and traded chops, then Jericho whipped Dragon off the ropes. Dragon leapfrogged Jericho, but then got floored with a straight-arm clothesline. Jericho hit a sit-down powerbomb for a 1-2. Jericho locked in a headlock, but Dragon fought out yet again.

Jericho dropkicked Dragon, then victory rolled him and used the ropes for leverage to get the 1-2-3. After the match, Jericho jumped up and praised himself for his cheap win. Jericho shouted at the referee and forced him to raise his hand. As Dragon was trying to leave, Jericho decided to ambush him. He put the boots to him in the ring. Suddenly, Dean Malenko ran out from the back to make the save, clotheslining Jericho from the ring.

Eddie Guerrero dropped his headset and immediately joined the fray, attacking Malenko from behind. A fight was on and the two traded blows. Neither man looked to be gaining any ground. The officials piled into the ring and broke the melee up. Tony reminded everyone that Dean was going to take on Eddie at Souled Out for the cruiserweight championship.

Result - Chris Jericho by pin (64.8/80.6/74)

Buff Bagwell makes himself a nuisence

In the back, DDP and Kimberly were talking. DDP was showing his US Title to Kimberly, explaining something about his upcoming match. Buff Bagwell walked by, brushing past him "accidentally." Bagwell paused and grinned arrogantly at DDP, saying that he liked his belt. Bagwell winked at Kimberly, then walked off with a chuckle.

(70)

Diamond Dallas Page vs Rick Martel for the WCW United States Title

BANG! Self-high five hit in the arena as DDP came out to meet Rick Martel. They tied up and tested their strength, jockeying for position. DDP hip tossed Martel to the mat, then locked the arm. DDP twisted his legs around the arm and applied pressure to the arm. Martel got to the ropes and the hold was broken. Martel ducked a clothesline, then folded up DDP in a huge backdrop.

Martel scoop slammed DDP, then splashed him with a knee-drop. Cover for the 1-2. Martel snapped a series of other moves, then went to the top rope and tried to hit a crossbody on DDP, but was caught mid-air. DDP hit an overhead release suplex, then kicked him in the gut and hit a DDT for a 1-2.

Suddenly, Buff Bagwell meandered down to the ring and grinned in a cocky way, as he tried to distract DDP. DDP ducked a blow from Martel and knocked him down with a big right hand. Bagwell went over to the ring announcer and wrenched the WCW US Title away from him, shining it up and holding it up to his waist. DDP slid out of the ring and clobbered Bagwell from behind. Bagwell clocked DDP with his own championship, then put the boots to him. The referee called for the bell. This one was thrown out.

Result – DDP by DQ (56.6/67.4/60.6)

Buff Bagwell clocked Martel with the gold too as he came over, then went to the ring. Bagwell clocked DDP with the gold again. Bagwell grabbed a mic and said, “Hey hey hey, what do we have here? Another DDP beatdown? Big surprise! Haha! Listen, lots of guys in the back talk about being overlooked but they never talk about ME. I want a belt too—yeah, I think it will go well with the best physique in the business! So DDP, when you recover from your little headache, consider yourself challenged. I think you better spend a little more time in the gym though, because being on your back, you'll never be buff enough to beat Buff the Stuff."

Booker T suddenly came running out and slid into the ring to confront Bagwell, but he bailed and left. Bagwell yelled some insults up at Booker T as the show went to commercial.

Bret Hart and Ric Flair interview

Bobby Heenan was out in the ring as the announcers began to talk about the Ric Flair and Bret Hart interview. The first one introduced was Ric Flair, who came out in a studded, red robe. Bret Hart’s hitman music came over the arena, but JIM NEIDHART came out instead of Hart. He walked to the ring and grabbed the mic from Heenan.

“Brain, sorry for interrupting but I was backstage last week when this big shot right here came out and called himself the best in the business. Well I got a beef with that. I don’t think there’s anyone more arrogant than this guy right here, Ric Flair, and his ego is way out of control. That’s probably why he “thinks” he’s the best. But the bottom line is that you better lose the ego and shut your mouth Flair, because there’s only one man who’s the best in the business---that’s Bret Hart. He’s had bigger, louder crowds than anyone, including you. That's why he's the best there is, the best there was and the---“ he said and then was interrupted by a Ric Flair right hand.

Flair put the boots to Neidhart, stabbing his foot into his chest, his gut and then kicked him in the ribs. Suddenly, BRET HART came running out from backstage and slid into the ring. Ric Flair didn’t back down and went toe to toe with Hart. The fight was on! Hart traded right hands with Flair, then clotheslined the Nature Boy from the ring. Flair grabbed the mic off the ground.

“Bret Hart! You can send out all the flunkies you want, The Nature Boy will just knock em’ down and send em’ packing. But if you want to play dirty, we can play dirty, if you want to go with me in the ring, we can go in the ring---anywhere, anytime. But let me tell you something, Bret Hart, if you’re The Man, you TAKE the ups and downs, but if you’re a REAL man you never go down. That’s why I’m The Man and I’m wearing a one-thousand dollar robe and you’re wearing a two-dollar leather jacket,” he shouts and then points to Bobby Heenan, “And that’s—hell, I don’t know how much that suit cost but I’d be ashamed to wear it.”

Hart grabbed an extra mic and replied, “Flair, I’m gonna shut your mouth good at Souled Out and then---and only then, will we know who’s the best. But let me tell you something, if you think you’re gonna walk in and walk on out with that smile, you can forget it. When you’re up against the excellence of execution, you’re carried out---one way or another.”

(84.6)

Randy Savage vs Mystery Opponent: The Big Elbow Challenge

Randy Savage came to the ring with Miss Elizabeth, then grabbed a mic, “Lex Luger, you might be facing Hollywood tonight instead of the Macho Man---but there’s nobody that’s gonna stop me from taking you down a notch. Oh yeah. You cant run and you cant hide. Tonight, I’m gonna show you what happens when you mess with the Maaaacho Man, ohhh yeah. And I dont even mind Hollywood takin you on, cause it means softening you up for me.

Tonight, I’m issuing an open challenge to anyone in the back, especially to YOU, Luger. You better walk yourself out here or the first person who does is gonna get a big elbow and a 1-2-3 curtesy of the Maaaacho Man, ohhhhhh yeah!“

Some music interrupted Savage. MARTY JANNETTY and BRIAN ADAMS walked out! Jannetty was holding a mic and said, “Hey Macho, how about instead of showing one person just how tough you are, you show both of us, huh?” he asked. Savage motioned them down and accepted their challenge. Jannetty and Adams ran down to the ring, sliding in. They attacked Savage together, putting the boots to him.

Adams backed Savage up against the ropes, but Savage flipped him out over top. Jannetty and Savage traded blows in the ring. Jannetty suplexed Savage, then hit a missile dropkick off the top rope. Adams retrieved a chair from the outside and slid back into the ring, then clobbered Jannetty with it! Adams destroyed Jannetty with the chair, then laughed with Savage about it.

Randy Savage went to the top rope and hit the flying elbow for the 1-2-3. Savage shook hands with Adams after the match. Adams took off his shirt and there was a New World Order shirt on underneath. The show went to commercial.

Result - Randy Savage by pin (54/60/55.4)

Brian Adams turned and is now a heel.

Hollywood Hogan vs Lex Luger

After commercial, they showed some action from earlier, including clips from the Anderson/Goldberg confrontation. They also hyped a few of the matches for Souled Out and sid to stay tuned for JJ Dillon’s announcement tonight.

Lex Luger was waiting in the ring for Hollywood Hogan. Hogan took his sweet time getting to the ring, especially since he was accompanied by Scott Hall. Luger and Hogan locked up to start the match, then Hogan pushed him away in a show of strength. Luger went down, but got straight up and locked with Hogan again. This time, Hogan was pushed down! Luger flexed to a good pop and shouted some threats at Hogan. Hogan delivered some right hands, then whipped Luger off the ropes, but missed a clothesline. Luger delivered one of his own, as Luger took control of the match.

Luger had Hogan trapped in the corner at one point, pounding away on him with right hands. Hall jumped on the apron and distracted the referee. Luger simply walked from the fallen Hogan and clobbered Hall, knocking him from the apron. Hogan however, was able to low blow Luger from behind, just out of sight of the referee.

Suddenly, Randy Savage came out from the back, carrying a black bat. He jumped up on the ring apron and said some words to Hogan, then offered him the bat. Hogan refused! Hogan waved off Savage and said he had this one. Hogan bounced off the ring ropes and tried to deliver the legdrop, but Luger moved out of the way! Savage was really mad now, so he entered the ring and clobbered Luger with a bat strike. The ref called for the DQ. Hogan turned around Savage and began arguing with him.

Suddenly, STING ran out from the back, carrying his own bat. He fought through Scott Hall quickly, then slid into the ring and attacked immediately. Luger joined moments later and the two men cleared the ring of the nWo. Luger looked tired and then turned and patted Sting on the back, all friendly like. Sting stood there stoically.

Result - Lex Luger by DQ (76.2/55/69.8)

After that lengthy segment, JJ Dillon came out to calm things, “Whoa whoa whoa! Do you guys want to hear the World Title decision tonight? If you do, you all better calm down!! Tonight, I think a decision needs to be made regarding the World Title, so I’m going to do just that and announce what executive booking committee decided. But first, Hollywood Hogan and Sting, I want you two to come into the ring. Everyone else, stay out!"

Hogan and Sting proceeded to the ring, with their respective partners staying on the outside. Luger argued with Hall from separate corners. Randy Savage slid out and walked up the ramp to the back, uncaringly. He was ticked at Hogan, for sure.

JJ Dillon looked between the two men, “Sting---Hollywood Hogan, I just want to tell you that this was a very hard decision and that I hope in the future never to have to be party to this sort of thing. Let’s take a look at the tape. This is it, here’s the Starrcade footage.”

(82.4)

Recap – THE STARRCADE MAIN EVENT

The last few minutes of Starrcade 1997 were shown. Hulk Hogan bounced off the ropes, delivering the Legdrop to a fallen Sting. Sting doesn’t look like he’s moving. Nick Patrick moved into position, Hogan made the cover and as if on cue, Patrick counted the 1-2-3. Patrick stood up and called for the bell, but outside, the camera showed Bret Hart threatening the ring announcer.

“I’m not gonna let this happen again,” Hart said with great anger. Hogan and Patrick exited the ring to confront Bret Hart. Hart slugged Patrick with the ring bell, then dragged Hogan back to the ring for a restart. Sting kicked the New World Order from the ring. Sting hulked up and splashed Hogan, then locked on the scorpion deathlock for the win. Hart signaled for the submission immediately.

(63.7)

Hollywood celebration

Hollywood Hogan raised his hands in the air and laughed, feeling vindicated. Sting just stood there, as usual. JJ Dillon shook his head, “Now, what I saw on that footage was Bret Hart interrupting a match and assaulting a WCW official. What I did not see was anything Bret Hart claimed—no fast count, no nothing. I’m afraid to say it, but unfortunately, I have to agree with Hollywood Hogan that there was undo interference thanks to Bret Hart, not due to the New World Order. Not to mention that Bret Hart was not the WCW official named to that main event.”

The crowd booo’d loudly. Some garbage was thrown into the ring. “But Mister Hogan, I cannot simply give you the championship, nor would I give any competitor a title. I’m going to have to throw out that match and hold up the title. Sting, I’m going to have to vacate the World Title, pending the announcement of the next world title match. Sting---I’m going to have to ask you to turn over the title, I’m sorry.”

Sting glared at JJ Dillon and then looked at his championship. Hogan chuckled and laughed at Sting, standing off to the side as Sting handed it over. JJ Dillon took the championship and put it on his shoulder for safe keeping, “Now, as far as the NEXT title match goes, there’s still a bit of contraversy there too—“

Sting suddenly grabbed the microphone. Sting was going to speak! He had been quiet for months and months on end. Sting raised the microphone and stared right at JJ Dillon, “You’re a coward!" he yelled.

Sting took his bat and poked JJ Dillon in the chest threateningly, then reared back and hit him. Sting threw JJ Dillon from the ring! The crowd went nuts for Sting! Hollywood Hogan stepped up and attacked Sting, but he too got a baseball bat shot. Hogan was thrown from the ring. Sting went crazy and called for more! Sting whapped the turnbuckles with his bat. The show faded out.

(84.3)

71.1 Overall

9,480 attended

Edited by Nottavictim

Nitro was good, I don't like the title being held up since it's exactly what happened in real life. I would have just set up Hogan/Sting at Souled Out with Sting going in as champion.

Flair/Hart is going to be good as well, I'm looking forward to seeing them go at it.

I don't really like Bagwell going for the US title but that's just because I'm not a Bagwell fan, Hopefully DDP wins.

Nitro was good, I don't like the title being held up since it's exactly what happened in real life. I would have just set up Hogan/Sting at Souled Out with Sting going in as champion.

This bothered me in real life and in setting up this diary. But there's no way around it.

While I'm here, I'll ask: Why is that?

If you'd truly like to know, the reason is because this show (the one you just posted, not the first one) was the last show I read. And I hated the fact that to this point, your fantasy booking had been kept to a minimum. This was running just like WCW in reality, and since I quickly lost interest with WCW when watching a weekly show and pay per veiws, I so too felt I would get bored with this diary. So I wanted to give it a chance to get a few pay per veiws done and change to a less realistic, IE better direction. And somehow, I just never came back.

This is more my fault then anyone elses, but to this point I wasn't a fan of your booking as it was pretty uninspired and true to life. This somehwat pissed me off since your backstory was so fucking awesome. And your writing was great. Anyway, the point is, I'm here now, and I think I'll stick around and see what I missed.

2WRESTLING.COM Results for WCW THURSDAY THUNDER

January 15th, 1998

Thunder was in Detroit!!! Some sparkling, white pyro hit in the Joe Louis Arena and the show began with a bang.

La Parka vs. Chris Jericho

The Chairman of the WCW came out after the fanfare; a “chair”-man named La Parka. With a strut here and a strut there, La Parka made his way out to the ring. He played guitar on his metal chair, then set it up in the middle of the ring, sat down and took a load off while he waited for Chris Jericho. Funny stuff.

Jericho came out to some good music but to much less of a reaction for some reason. He whapped a sign out of the hands of a fan and that finally got him some heat. He slid into the ring and yelled some insults at La Parka. La Park takes the chair and threatens Jericho with it, causing Jericho to bail from the ring like a coward. Jericho threw a hissy fit on the outside! He only wouldn’t enter again after the ref confiscated the chair.

Jericho slid in and tied up with La Parka. La Parka kicked him in the gut then hit a back heel spin kick off the ropes. Jericho reversed a hammerlock and suplexed Parka. Jericho put the boots to Parka, then hit a quebrada off the second rope. After a few more moments of dominance, Jericho locked in the Lion Tamer and La Parka tapped out.

Result – Chris Jericho by submission (52/73/58.8)

Nash guaranteed a match

The NEW WORLD ORDER music hit in the arena. Are you tired of these guys yet? Kevin Nash and Scott Hall came out together, walking with their tag-belts toward the ring. They slid in and raised their hands in praise of themselves, much to the crowd’s dislike.

Kevin Nash was the one to grab a microphone, then said calmly, “You know, last week, I felt a little wronged. The Big Angry Schmoe comes out here saying I’m ducking him and that I don’t want to face him in the ring. Well I’ve just about had enough of him flapping his lip, challenging me week in, week out. Get a clue, Giant, and change your act. You’re getting boring. Just to liven things up a bit, I’ll tell you what I’m gonna do, Giant: If you want me so bad, let’s sign a contract tonight. I’ll have some papers drawn up and I will GUARANTEE that you will get your match, at Souled Out, with the REAL giant, Big Sexy Kevin Nash.”

(73.8)

Kevin Nash handed the microphone to Scott Hall, who said, “Hey yo, I think you all know by now that we’re doin’ a little survey here in the nWo. We’re goin’ across the country tryin’ to find out just who’s WITH US and who’s AGAINST US. So did all you folks here in Dee-troit come to see dubbya-cee-dubbya?” he questioned sarcastically. A mixed reaction came, then he asked, “OR----or did you come to see the N….W….O?” he asked and another mixed reaction came.

Hall smiled and laughed, then added, “Hey, chalk one more up for the good guys. Haha!”

Hall then smiled and said, "You know what, I want to say something to JJ Dillon. Yo JJ! Did you forget something, my man? I'm the winner of World War 3. That means I get a title shot. So before you even consider setting a match, you better have Scott Hall in mind. Or bad things are gonna happen, chico."

(72.9)

The Steiners & Ray Traylor vs. Super Loco, Nova, Damien 666

Damien 666 came out with his old gimmicky name and white painted face. He must have lobbied Sting fans to allow it. He walked out with pal Super Loco with the new guy, Nova, in tow. Nova was wearing a red mask with black horns, much like that of the other luchadores. Not much reaction to them however, but Mike Tenay put them over on TV, giving their names. Nova snarled at the crowd in order to get some heat.

The Steiner Brothers came out together with Ted DiBiase, along with pal Ray Traylor. Rick Steiner started the match, trading blows with Damien, punching him again and again. Damien ducked a clothesline and bounced off the ropes, trying to hit a flying crossbody off the ropes. Rick caught Damien and hit a fall-a-way slam. Ray Traylor and Rick tagged in and out as they worked over Damien in the corner. Damien slipped out of a scoop slam and was able to tag in Nova, who was immediately knocked down.

Nova got slammed by Rick. Scott wanted in, but when Traylor went for the tag, Nova dropkicked him. Nova hit a springboard legdrop from the top rope, then tagged in Super Loco. Loco immediately went to the top, but missed the moonsault. Traylor tagged in Scott Steiner. Scott DDT’d Loco, clotheslined Nova and threw Damien from the ring. Scott picked up Nova and lifted him over his head, then simply dropped him. Scott hit a powerbomb on Nova for the 1-2-3. Not much doubt here.

Result – The Steiners & Ray Traylor by pin (52/63/59.3)

The World Title Match will be made Monday

The announcers updated the condition of JJ DILLON, who they said was taken to the hospital with “bruised ribs” thanks to Sting’s attack on Monday Nitro. They show the replay of JJ Dillon vacating the World Title on Monday Nitro. They hype a JJ Dillon appearance on the upcoming Nitro. Yes, a hype for a JJ Dillon appearance! Dillon apparently has a special announcement concerning the WORLD TITLE MATCH. WORLD. TITLE. MATCH. MONDAY.

Ernest Miller d. Yuji Nagata

Ernest Miller came out in a Red Wings jersey and stood in the ring smiling like a babyface while Nagata took his time to come out. Nagata was escorted by the slick, sun-glasses wearing Sonny Oono. Nagata raised his chin and sized up Miller with a stern staredown. Miller moves to lock up, but Nagata doubled him over with a gut-wrenching kick. Overhead karate chop by Nagata sent Miller down hard.

Nagata locked on a front face lock as Oono cheered him on. Nagata gave up on the hold, instead turning to a few knee drops and worked Miller’s lower back. Miller was clotheslined, then tried to reverse a suplex, but couldn’t. Miller fell from the ring. Oono immediately ran over and put the boots to Miller. Nagata exitted the ring and attacked Miller, but accidentally clotheslined his own manager as he ran towards his target! Miller pushed Nagata into the ring post.

Miller rolled in, then climbed all the way to the top of the turnbuckle. He raised a fist, got a little reaction and then jumped down onto Nagata, sending them both collapsing on the outside. Miller was up first and rolled into the ring. Nagata was slow getting up but couldn’t get back to the ring in time. Miller picked up the count out win! The announcers claimed it was a tremendous upset. Nagata threw a hissy fit on the outside, trashing ringside.

Result – Ernest Miller by Count Out (40/67.4/50.1)

The Booker T challenge

Booker T comes out to the Harlem Heat music and looked like he was all-business. He took a mic and said, “Yo Buff Bagwell, I got words for you, dawg. You come out Monday and fooled with another man’s belt, then you say you deserve it. No way, sucker. You don’t deserve nuthin but a whoopin’ from one side of this arena to the other! So if you a man, get on out here and let’s get it on right now! C’mon sucker!”

The New World Order music comes on in the arena, but Buff Bagwell doesn’t come out by himself. He comes out with Curt Hennig. They both run to the ring and start brawling with Booker T, finally overpowering him after a moment of trading blows. The crowd begin to chant for DDP as Hennig and Buff decimate Booker. Buff powerbombs Booker T. Hennig grabs a chair and folds it over Booker T’s leg and looks ready to break it. The announcers really put it over. Hennig jumps from the turnbuckle and lands on the chair, decimating Booker’s leg.

DDP’s music hits in the arena as the chants grow louder and he ran out from the back. DDP slid into the ring and attacked Buff Bagwell, clotheslining him down. DDP hit a Diamond Cutter on Hennig! Buff escaped further harm by sliding out, then pulled Hennig out too. They both yelled insults at DDP from the outside. Booker T looked hurt.

(64)

Scott Hall vs Louie Spicolli

Scott Hall was out by himself, ready to wrestle. Like we needed to see him again. Anyway, he came out to the New World Order music, taking his time. He smiled and raised his fists in the air, as if he might get cheered. The crowd booo’d.

Next out was the pudgy Louie Spicolli, who came to the ring. As Hall advanced on him, Spicolli backed away and called off. He pulled his coat off and he had a “I’M A SCOTT HALL FAN” t-shirt on!

Spicolli took a microphone, “Scott—Scott Hall, I don’t wanna fight you, man. I’m out here cause----well I’m a big fan man!! I’ll do anything to be part of the New World Order. So what do you say you gimmie a shot, okay?”

Hall motioned for the mic, then took it and said, “Yo, so you wanna be nWo, huh? Well let me tell you something, Big Lou, when you’re nWo, you’re nWo…for life! But I dunno if you’re ready for that, tough guy. Why don’t you watch and learn from the hardest workin’ man, huh? Okay, just step on over here, yeah that’s right. Just stand over there, cause I got some addressin’ to do.

Hall paused a moment as he patted Spicolli on the top of the head amusedly, then said, “Hey yo, Larry Zybysko—yo man, why can’t you be more like Big Lou over here, huh? This guy don’t wanna fight me. He don’t wanna hit me in the face, man. Look at the shirt! That’s just too SWEEEEEEET! Hey, “Living Loser,” why don’t you come on out of your comfy lazy boy and creep on down here for once and face me in the ring. Yeah, c’mon down Zybysko, if you’re so tough.”

Result - (Was that a match?)

Larry Zybysko threw down his announcers earphones and stomped toward the ring angerly. Louie Spicolli went to the ropes and yelled some insults down at the older man.

“Yo Zybysko, you don’t want none of the hardest workin’ man at Souled Out. Man, I gave you an opportunity to quit and you came on out here with The Giant instead, callin’ me names. That just ain’t nice. Man, what do you think’s gonna happen at Souled Out? I’ll tell you—“

Louie Spicolli exitted the ring and jumped down, attacking Zybysko. Zybysko went down under some stiff forearms, but clipped him with an uppercut in return! The crowd popped! Zybysko pushed Spicolli into the ring post. As Hall was about to join the frey, The Giant came down to help Zybysko. They walked to the back unharmed. Hall checked on Spicolli.

(75.6)

Rey Mysterio vs. Juventud Guerrera

We cut immediately to a pure cruiserweight match-up. These two masked competitors were put over by Mike Tenay, who joined the announce team again. Juvi adjusted his darkly colored mask and advanced on Mysterio, but got hit with a tall looking dropkick. Mysterio bounced off the ropes, leapfrogged the fallen Juvi, then came back with a flying forearm. Juvi kicked Mysterio, then gave him a lariat.

Juvi whipped Mysterio into the corner and gave him a running lariat this time. Mysterio used the ropes to get up and came out of the corner. Mysterio ducked a series of kicks, then delivered a belly to belly suplex. Juvi reversed a victory roll, but got only a 1-2. Juvi got up and dropkicked Mysterio out of the ring and hit a springboard plancha. Mysterio was in pain on the floor outside. Juvi got up on the apron and tried to flip down onto Mysterio, but missed and ate floor. Mysterio climbed back into the ring, then hit a baseball slide on Juvi, sending him into the guardrail.

Juvi climbed back in slowly as we were seeing one of the longer cruiserweight matches in some time. Mysterio went for a huracanrana but Juvi tiger-powerbombed him for a 1-2. Mysterio kicked out and tried to regain some momentum, reversing another powerbomb attempt. Juvi finally delivered that second tiger-bomb. Juvi went up to the top rope and signaled for the spinning 450 Splash, his finisher. Juvi jumped but crashed onto Mysterio’s knees. Mysterio got up and hooked Juvi’s leg, hit a fisherman’s suplex with a bridge for the 1-2-3. Great Match.

Result – Rey Mysterio by pin (61.8/84/73.1)

The Contract Signing

The Outsiders and Eric Bischoff were waiting in the ring for The Giant as WCW Thunder returned from commercial. The Giant lumbered down to the ring and slid in calmly, then looked over at Nash, who was holding a piece of paper.

Kevin Nash raised a microphone, “Hey Giant, glad you could make it. Now what I got here is a written contract, a written guarantee that Kevin Nash versus The Giant will happen at Souled Out. But here’s the real guarantee: If I don’t show up and face you, hell---even if I get held up at the airport and I don’t walk down that aisle into the ring with you, I’ll forfeit. I’ll not only forfeit, I’ll give you one-million dollars of my own money! What do you think of that, huh?”

The Giant took the microphone and said, “Alright, if that thing says you’ll be there, I’ll sign. But I’m only gonna sign if I get one more thing and that’s every single one of your pals barred from ringside!” he shouts.

Nash nodded, “You’re not exactly in a position to dictate terms, shmuck. But hey, I’ll tell you what, you want me and only me, you got it. But I’ll tell you what, I’m STILL gonna walk out the WINNER!”

The Giant went over as Bischoff made some modifications to the contract, then Nash and The Giant signed.

Nash smirked some and flicked his pen at the Giant, “You made a big mistake, chum. You better bring every trick you got to the ring because there’s no way you’re goin’ home with a win over Big Sexy Kevin Nash. I’m gonna show you who the the REAL giant of pro-wrestling is!”

(75.4)

Benoit promised PAIN for Raven at Souled Out

A pre-recorded promo with Chris Benoit was shown on the video wall. He was in a dark boiler room. Benoit stared at the camera and said, “Where I’m standing right now is a deserted boiler room, a place I think you might enjoy, Raven. This is the type of place you and your flunkies revel in, Raven. But it’s not a place I’m afraid to go. If you want to go to hell and back with the Canadian Crippler Chris Benoit, then I accept your challenge. You said the pain’s only begun for me, but let me tell you something, the pain never stopped. I’ve worked all my life to get to this point in my career and there’s nobody, especially not someone demented like you, who’s gonna take it from me. You want pain? I’m ready to deliver.”

Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko vs Van Hammer & Scotty Riggs

Chris Benoit and Dean Malenko came out and headed toward the ring as a solid unit. The Flock were already sitting in the crowd, looking like misfits. Raven sat up after Benoit’s promo and leaned forward, looking more stoic and angry than usual. Van Hammer and Riggs jumped the barrier and entered the ring to start the match. They simply attacked en masse. The referee had a hard time separating them and restoring order.

After a few moments, Malenko was in there with the larger Hammer, getting pushed around. Hammer took a few right hands, but then threw Malenko into the corner and delivered an avalanche. Hammer powerslammed Malenko, but missed the legdrop. Hot tag to Chris Benoit! Benoit ran in and chopped the hell out of Hammer’s chest, then DDT’d him hard on the canvas. Riggs rushed in to attack, but he was thrown out! Sick Boy rushed the ring and received a DDT! Saturn was pushed from the apron.

Hammer was back up and checked on the unconscious Riggs, then attacked Benoit from behind. Hammer hit an inverted DDT for a close 1-2. Hammer then picked up Benoit and looked to be going for a piledriver, but Benoit wiggled out. Benoit used a snapmare takedown on the taller Hammer and somehow locked in the Crippler Crossface! The larger Van Hammer tapped out! Saturn rushed the ring with The Flock and put the boots to Benoit, but he escaped thanks to Malenko.

Result – Chris Benoit & Dean Malenko by submission (66.4/71.8/79.1)

Diamond Dallas Page threatened Buff

Backstage, Mike Tenay caught up with DDP, who was walking down the hallway. Tenay raised the mic and asked, “DDP! Booker T has been taken to the hospital with a severely injured left ankle. Do you have any reaction to his recent threats toward yourself and DDP?”

DDP stopped and glanced at Tenay, “If you’re asking if I’m gonna end up like my man, Booker, you can forget it. He better show up Monday because I’m gonna make it personal between me and Buff Bagwell. This guy couldn’t beat Booker T on his best day and there’s no chance he’s in the same league as D-D-P. On Monday, I'm gonna teach this punk a lesson.”

(83.6)

Kevin Nash vs. Jim Neidhart

Once again, for at least the third time tonight, The Outsiders came to ringside. Jim Neidhart was introduced first and had his hands on his hips. They showed clips of the Neidhart confrontation with Ric Flair on Nitro, then went back to the action as Nash climbed into the ring.

Hall tossed his toothpick at Neidhart, then Neidhart clipped him with a right hand. Nash attacked immediately, surprising Neidhart. Neidhart took a few lifted knees to the gut, then was thrown into the corner. Nash decided to collide with him several times, rubbing his elbow into Neidhart’s face. Neidhart finally moved upon the last attempt and kicked at Nash’s knee. Nash tried to suplex Nash, but couldn’t get him up. Nash DDT’d Neidhart for the 1-2. Nash hit a clothesline for a 1-2, then stood up and smirked.

Nash hauled up Neidhart and gave him some hard right hands, then delivered the big boot off the ropes. Neidhart used the ropes to get up, then dumped Nash over the top rope as he ran at him. Neidhart slid out to attack, but that was a big mistake. Scott Hall attacked Neidhart from behind and threw him over the steel steps, then put the boots to him. Nash got back in the ring and Hall fed him the hurting Neidhart. Nash picked up Neidhart and hit the powerbomb for the 1-2-3. Kevin Nash and Scott Hall had a small celebration in the ring. The crowd booooo’d.

Result – Kevin Nash by pin (49.4/59.7/33.7)

66.8 Overall

WCW recieved 635,211 viewers for WCW Thunder (increase of 84,674 viewers from previous show

7728 fans attended

2WRESTLING.COM MONDAY NIGHT PREVIEW

The January 19th 1998 Monday Nitro will be LIVE from the Oaklahoma Sports Center.  The New World Order has caused chaos in the past but it was nothing compared to the uproar caused by JJ Dillon's decision to vacate the World Title.  JJ Dillon got the brunt of Sting's anger, but will it prevent him from appearing this Monday night to make a special announcement about the World Title?  Will the World Title match be made? Who will compete?

Ric Flair had just about enough of Jim Neidhart's comments last week in support of Bret Hart, but Neidhart wants more.  Flair will take on The Anvil, with no interference allowed and everyone barred from ringside.  Speaking of making grudge matches, DDP looks to make one with Buff Bagwell.

Speaking of having enough, Arn Anderson looked to be turning over a new leaf with Goldberg, when hostile words almost turned into flying fists.  Bill Goldberg has taken out Steve McMichael, Greg Valentine, Davey Boy Smith and has said that Arn Anderson is "next"!

Look for the Souled Out preview special prior to next week's WCW WorldWide.  The Preview Special will be hosted by Tony Schiavone and Bobby Heenan, who will give their picks and predictions.  The PPV, WCW/nWo Souled Out will be held on January 24th, 1998 from New Orleans.

UPCOMING:

Confirmed Matches for Nitro 1/19/98:

Marty Jannetty vs. Rick Martel

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

Ric Flair vs. Jim Neidhart

Lex Luger vs. Scott Hall

BACKSTAGE NOTES & RUMORS:

-On January 26th, Bill Goldberg will appear on The Late Show with David Letterman.

-Super Nova recently signed a short-term deal with WCW.  He had been wrestling with ECWA and several other independents.  He recently appeared with a heel group of luchadores on Thunder, wearing a mask.  The rumor is to develop his character over time.  His name was shortened to "Nova."

-Larry Destiny of the BCW promotion signed a verbal agreement and will try-out with WCW officials any day now.

-Scott Montgomery aka Soul Taker, a west coast wrestler, was recently signed to a developmental deal and was sent to The Power Plant.

-WCW officials were rumored to be not pleased with Bill Goldberg's recent heel turn.  Since he has gotten some good cheers, a plan has been developed to cement the turn.

-Larry Zybysko recently signed a new contract with WCW.

-Former WCW jobber RoadBlock was released this week.

RECAP:

WCW WorldWide from Toronto (1/17/98)

Nova beat El Dandy (54.1%)

Louie Spicolli beat Bobby Walker (36.6%)

The Powers of Pain beat Destruction Crew (48.7%)

Psychosis beat Super Calo (51.0%)

Interview with Eddie Guerrero (81.7%)

Brian Adams beat Chavo Guerrero Jr. (62.0%)

Steven Regal beat Bobby Eaton (68.9%)

Glad to see the Ted Turner skit made it through this re-post. Heheh I was worried there for a sec. Well Thunder was a good show. The Benoit segment was alright to me but the Juvi/Rey match, I dont think its a great match....to it to be great, I think the overall or the workrate rating must have been about 80+ or 90+ ....but I dunno. Hey it was still a good and entertaining entry dude so its all good! :D

2WRESTLING.COM Results from WCW MONDAY NITRO

January 19th, 1998

Nitro was LIVE from Oaklahoma City and the Arena was apparently jam-packed. This was damn impressive for a WCW live crowd and they were lively too. Booker T came out before the show and cut a promo that was similar to the one he gave on Thunder.

Dark Match: Arthur Dexter Bradley vs. Brad Anderson – ADB finally picked up a win here over Anderson, but from what I was told, it wasn’t as good as ADB’s first few dark matches. Right now I’m wondering why WCW makes ADB do dark matches, yet they put new signees like Nova on TV immediately.

Goldberg Arrived

Some sparks hit on the sides of the stage, then the pyro erupted to announce the beginning of the show. The NITRO logo was shown, then exploded in flames. Next they cut to a pre-recorded video of Bill Goldberg arriving at the arena, just a few minutes earlier in the night. Goldberg had on his dark leather jacket and a pair of sunglasses, which he whipped off as he passed through the door. Someone mistakenly got in his way and was brushed aside rudely.

(69)

Arn Anderson then came out to some bland music. Anderson grabbed a mic and said, “You know something, when you’ve got a spark like Goldberg I can understand how it’s hard to be humble. Bill Goldberg, you might be tough but when you’re the elite---when you’re climbing to the top of the hill, you earn your spot. You walk on down here and five minutes later your opponent is laying on his back, out like a light. But who have you really beat, Goldberg? You havent won a thing yet and you havent proved a thing either---not to me and not to these fans.

So I’m not gonna ask to have you suspended, Goldberg. In fact, I’m gonna encourage you, boy. You beat all the chumps you want, but I’ll tell you something, when it comes time for a real match you’re not gonna be up to snuff. You’re not gonna be up to snuff because you had it so easy getting to the big dance. So change your tune, boy or else you’re gonna be flat sooner than you think.”

Marty Jannetty vs. Rick Martel

After the announcers talked about Arn Anderson’s comments for a few moments, the first match got underway. Marty Jannetty, the perpetual Rocker, came out last, to meet opponent, Rick Martel. Neither of these competitors have been too successful lately, but Jannetty was put over as the stronger of the two competitors, being the smiling babyface that he is.

Jannetty locked up with Martel, then spun around in a quick go behind, then hit a swinging neckbreaker. Jannetty spun around and used a front face lock to take control, then locked on an armbar for leverage. Martel worked to his knees, flipped out of the armbar and delivered a dropkick to Jannetty in a nice counter. Jannetty ducked a clothesline and returned to working the arm, wrenching it repeatedly.

Suddenly, BILL GOLDBERG’S music hit in the arena and some of the crowd began to stand up. Goldberg walked out from the back as the match continued, Martel finally scoring a move, a suplex on Jannetty. Jannetty kicked out of a pin attempt. Goldberg broke into a run and slid into the ring, attacking both men. The bell rang furiously, signalling the disqualification. He reared back and speared Jannetty just after entering, then Martel stepped up and attacked Goldberg. Martel hit Goldberg with some overhead forearms, but they barely phased him.

Goldberg kicked Martel in the gut, then hit the jackhammer. He grabbed Jannetty and wouldn’t let him escape, hitting the jackhammer on him too. Goldberg stomped them.

Result – No Contest (49/78.9/59.7)

Arn and Goldberg Confrontation

Arn Anderson and a host of officials came running out, blazing to ringside like it was an emergency. Goldberg hunched over and motioned them inside, then pointed at Anderson threateningly. Some of the officials tried getting Goldberg to leave the ring so they could attend to Jannetty and Martel, but Goldberg wouldn’t leave. One of the officials got up on the apron, but they were knocked down.

Anderson finally got sick and tired and took matters into his own hands, unbuttoning his shirt. He took it off and threw it down in an angry fashion, then slid into the ring. While Anderson kept him busy, the officials pulled Martel and Jannetty out. Anderson traded blows with Bill Goldberg! But he was soon overpowered and thrown into the corner. Goldberg setup for the spear, but Anderson was saved by an outside official, being pulled to safety.

Anderson hunched over and tried to catch his breath. He frowned at Goldberg and then had to be held back! He wanted to get in there with Goldberg! He threw officials away from him and tore a mic from the ring announcer, “Bill Goldberg! You just earned yourself a “Double A” Arn Anderson-sized butt-whoopin’. You want me to be next? You got me, bub! And I don’t care if I got a bad back, two bad legs and a neck to match. At Souled Out, I’m gonna stomp down to that ring and kick you around Horsemen style! You ready for that, punk?”

Bill Goldberg smiled viciously and nodded his approval as the show went to commercial.

(73.3)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Lizmark Jr. for the WCW Cruiserweight Title

Lizmark Jr. came out first. He was a short man, but extremely fit, wearing a red and black half-mask over his face. He also had longer, mullet hair like Eddie, but it was curly. Mike Tenay joined Tony and Larry in order to give some background information on the little known Lizmark Jr., as well as his more veteran father, Lizmark.

Lizmark locked up with Eddie, then they proceeded to test their strength against each other, until Lizmark was pinned in the corner. The ref called for a clean break and Eddie looked to be backing off, but then suddenly kicked Lizmark in the gut. Eddie grabbed the tights and spike piledrived Lizmark in a sick looking spot. Lizmark twitched. Eddie went to the top rope and scored with the frogsplash, then smiled and refused to pin Lizmark. Eddie picked him up and snap suplexed him, then devastated him with a serious of other moves.

Lizmark finally showed life a few minutes later as he reversed another suplex, pushed Eddie off the ropes and then dropkicked him in the jaw. He nearly missed though. Lizmark went to the top and head a head-scissors takedown for the 1-2. Eddie got up wobbily and tied up Lizmark with another arm-wrench. He looked mad now. Eddie tried to get the tornado DDT on Lizmark but the smaller man jabbed him in the ribs. Eddie spun him around and backdropped him on his neck instead. Eddie went to the top and scored with the frogsplash again, then covered for the 1-2-3. After the match, Eddie forced the ref to hold his arm up to each side of the ring, so the fans could see him. The crowd booo’d.

Results – Eddie Guerrero by pin (52.2/71.4/57.3)

Hogan was Unhappy

After another commercial, the Outsiders, Hollywood Hogan, Konnan, Eric Bischoff, Brian Adams, Scott Norton, Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth came out to the ring together. It was a long parade to the ring, but thankfully they came out as a group. Savage walked over to the corner and leaned against the turnbuckle, resting. Norton retrieved a microphone and handed it over to Hollywood Hogan. The crowd began to boo.

Hollywood Hogan raised the mic and said, “You know what, I didn’t come out here to get boo’d. I came out here tonight to try to figure out just what the heck happened last week, brother. I just can’t figure it out. JJ Dillon parades his sorry self on out here last week and takes the belt from Sting, but then he doesn’t give it back to Hollywood. Now that’s a shame, brother. Let me tell you something JJ Dillon, you might have saved yourself a week’s worth of grief from the New World Order by bein in the hospital, but tonight I want that title back or you’re goin straight back there. So Dillon, I’m gonna give you one more chance to parade yourself on out here, brother, or so help me I’m gonna drag your carcass out here and beat you within an inch of your life myself. You got that, brother? Now get out here, let’s go.”

Right after Hogan called for JJ Dillon, suddenly ROWDY RODDY PIPER came out! The crowd popped something massive and clapped for Piper. He was carrying the World Title. He walked to the ring without fear and grabbed the microphone, "Hogan, you got a bigger mouth than anyone in wrestling, but let me tell you something. When things get rough---well I don’t back down and that's why JJ Dillon called me in to take care of this situation. I think that’s why we’ve worked so well together in the past, because he TRUSTS me, not like you and your flunky groupies. I also want to say that it’s been an honor and a privaledge to safeguard this title. But okay--- it’s about time we made some decisions about the World Title match and these decisions we make tonight are final, let me tell you that right now! Okay, so the problem is----well the reason we don’t have a champion right now is that the whole title picture is messed up. It’s like everybody and their grandmother has a claim.

Hogan yelled loudly and pointed toward JJ Dillon, “Piper, is this crap! I deserve that Title! I want that Title!” he shouted.

Piper yelled, "SHADDUP! Now I heard what Scott Hall said on Thunder and he's right, he won World War 3. He won that match and he rightfully gets a world title shot. But then again, we gotta do something about Sting and yourself, Hollywood. So what I'm gonna do is put all three of you's in the ring at the same time! All at Souled Out! Winner goes home world champ. How bout those apples huh? And since I just stiffed Larry Zybysko on a match right there, I'm making him special guest referee. That outta make all you guys happy, all at once! Then I dont have to listen to WHINE and COMPLAIN ever again, do I?"

Hollywood Hogan then exited the ring and had to be restrained by Randy Savage and Scott Hall.

“Oh no no no! That's not all, Mister Hogan. Hogan, since you feel so ready to beat someone up tonight, I’m booking YOU against The Giant! TONIGHT!” Piper yelled.

Wow! The World Title Match is set at Souled Out: Hall vs. Hogan vs. Sting

(86)

Johnny Swinger vs. Konnan

ARRIBA LA RAZA! Konnan came out to meet Johnny Swinger in the ring. Swinger offered a handshake, but Konnan slapped it away. Konnan grabbed his crotch. Konnan refused to lock-up with Swinger. Swinger just kicked him in the head. Konnan stumbled, then lurched forward again and kicked Swinger in the leg. Konnan blocked a right hand and then DDT’d him on the canvas.

It was all Konnan for a few moments more, as Swinger had no counter for what Konnan delivered. Konnan hit a neckbreaker, then locked on an armbar for a few moments, slowing down an already slow match. Swinger got to the ropes, so Konnan simply got up and put the boots to him. Swinger bounced off the ropes, but Konnan caught him and delivered the Tequila Sunrise for the 1-2-3. Pretty much filler.

Result – Konnan by pin (38.1/68.1/45.3)

After the match, Buff Bagwell and Curt Hennig came out to the stage. They shook hands with Konnan then headed over to the announce booth, interrupting Tony Schiavone and Larry Zybysko. Zybysko remained to commentate, but Tony vacated the premises. Hennig and Bagwell insulted DDP and called him some names. They stayed on to “commentate” the next match.

Ric Flair vs. Jim Neidhart

The next match followed up on comments made by Jim Neidhart last week, where he said Ric Flair wasn’t The Man and Bret Hart was. Anyway, Jim Neidhart stroked his goatee while he waited for Flair to parade to the ring. Some things never change. Flair stepped into the ring and after removing his rope, smiled a little at Neidhart and went WOO! Neidhart smirked.

Flair used an armdrag takedown to start the match off on the mat. He grabbed the leg and elbow dropped it, once, twice and then a third time. Flair kicked Neidhart, then went The Anvil got up, he hit him with an atomic drop. Flair put The Anvil’s ankle on the ropes, then stomped on it.

Flair bounced off the ropes and scored with a knee-drop. He got up, did a strut and went WOO! Neidhart struck Flair with an uppercut, then got up and clotheslined him down. Neidhart scoop slammed Flair, then hit an elbow drop. Neidhart picks up Flair and whipped him off the ropes and hit a big boot. Cover for the 1-2.

Flair got up and they both traded right hands, back and forth across the ring. Suddenly, BRET HART leisurely walked out to ringside. He removed his sunglasses and smirked up at Flair as he drew his attention. Flair kicked down Neidhart, pointed at Hart and went WOO! Neidhart grabbed the tights and rolled up Flair for a very close 1-2. Hart approached the ring apron and Flair ran toward him, ready to attack. Hart backed off. Neidhart locked in a full-nelson on Flair, holding him in that submission like a ragdoll. Flair used his foot to low-blow Neidhart, out of sight of the referee. Flair covered for the 1-2-3. This time Bret Hart got up on the apron to protest. Hart ran in as Flair tried to lock in the figure-four leglock and a brawl began. Neidhart and Hart tossed out Flair. Flair went nuts on the outside! On commentary, Buff called him an “Oldy”.

Result – Ric Flair by pin

Rey Mysterio Attacked!

Backstage, several of the luchadores were chatting in the hallway. Konnan was walking by, looking cocky. Rey Mysterio was talking with Ultimo Dragon and Chavo Guerrero. Konnan brushed past Mysterio.

“Watch where you’re goin’ runt,” Konnan said. Mysterio only shook his head.

Konnan turned around and attacked Mysterio, putting the boots to him. A brawl ensued in the corridor as Konnan destroyed Mysterio, tossing him up over a table and then through some backstage equipment. Guerrero and Dragon made the save, but Scott Norton and Brian Adams joined in and destroyed them too. Dragon was thrown into the wall.

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio

We cut to the ring where Jericho was laughing, “Looks like it’s my lucky night! I hate to break it to you fans, but the Mexican Runt-a-dore won’t be making it to the ring. I’ll have to thank Konnan later. Well, I guess we’ll have to fill the time with few words from everyone’s favorite, young competitor: Chris Jericho---“

Suddenly, DDP’s music hit in the arena and he ran out toward the ring, thankfully interrupting Jericho. DDP slid in and traded right hands with Jericho. DDP whipped Jericho off the ropes in a quick pace, then clotheslined him down. DDP then put the boots to Jericho. Jericho hit a low blow on DDP. The referee called for the bell to be rung, if he hadnt already. Jericho tried to hit a second rope quebrada, but tasted only canvas. DDP powerslammed Jericho, then signalled for the DIAMOND CUTTER! Yeah!

Oh crap! Buff Bagwell and Curt Hennig ran to the ring with chairs, intent on injuring DDP. Hennig slid in first but ducked Hennig’s blow and threw the two men together. Diamond Cutter on Hennig! BANG! Buff Bagwell clobbered DDP with a chairshot and stopped DDP dead.

Result – No contest (64.8/70.8/63.1)

After the match, Bagwell put the boots to DDP. Bagwell put the chair on DDP’s ankle, intent on breaking it like he did to Booker T. Suddenly, the HARLEM HEAT music hit in the arena! The crowd popped! A great reaction for Booker T, at last! But wait, he didn’t come out. Bagwell turned toward the stage, but saw no one. Bagwell scratched his head in confusion. He then turned around and received a DIAMOND CUTTER from the revived DDP! DDP rolled out in a tired fashion, escaping the ring before more nWo could arrive. The show went to commercial.

Lex Luger vs. Scott Hall

After a commercial, we returned to the ring and slowed things down for a Lex Luger match. Yay. Scott Hall was waiting in the ring. I guess this was a matter of pride for Lex Luger, since he got cheated out of a match last week. He carried a bat to the ring! It was black like the one carried by STING! Luger also had a Sting t-shirt on. He handed the bat at Hall like Sting would, then handed it over to the referee, Charles Robinson. Hall just walked over and slugged Luger, but he no-sold it. The crowd popped. Luger went to the corner and grabbed his black bat, looking like he might use it!

The referee stopped him. Hall used that to his advantage and attacked, pummelling Luger. Hall ripped the t-shirt off of Luger, then threw it down and did some elbow drops on it. Hall stood up and screamed in anger, kicking the Sting t-shirt from the ring. Then he turned and wound up, kicking Luger in the ribs. Hall went over and grabbed the bat. Hall snapped! Hall struck Luger with the black bat and the referee called for the disqualification. The bell sounded. Hall smiled and laughed at the crowd as they boo’d him. Luger kicked Hall between the legs for a low blow, then snatched the black bat from him.

Hollywood Hogan and Kevin Nash ran down to ringside and looked like they might slid in to help, but Hogan restrained Nash! They werent going to help! Luger threw Hall out over the top rope. Randy Savage ran down and joined the argument between the nWo members. Hall stood up and shoved Hogan, wondering why he didnt help him. Hall and Hogan traded blows! Unbelievable! Savage got in the way and was knocked down. The rest of the nWo ran down to break up the melee. Hall walked off by himself, disgusted.

Result – Lex Luger by DQ (76.5/52.1/45.3)

Booker T Spoke Up

Suddenly, a Booker T promo was played on the video wall. The camera centered on Booker T, who was wearing the TV Title. He also had on his civilian clothes, sunglasses and used a crutch to get around. His ankle was taped up.

Booker T whipped off his sunglasses and yelled, “Buff Bagwell! You think you’re the Stuff, huh? Well, let me tell you somethin’, you aint all that, dawg. You aint even fit to shine my shoes, suckah!! But let me tell you somethin’, you wanna fight a champ so bad? Well you got a fight! With two of em’!”

DDP stepped into the picture and grinned, patting Booker T on the shoulder, “Hey Buff, you got the guts to bring your pal and wrestle us at Souled Out? I guess you do, seein’ as you wanted to wrestle a champ so much. Me and Booker T got a lot in common now, thanks to you. We both hate your guts.”

Booker T leaned forward and added, “That’s right! And don’t worry about me, dawg. I’m gonna be at Souled Out to be sure Buff Bagwell gets it right…between….the eyes!”

DDP laughed, “Yeah, I can dig that.”

Booker T nodded and pointed at the camera, “Suckah!”

(69.5)

The Giant vs. Hollywood Hogan

The main event began with some elaborate entrances, as if we hadnt seen enough of those already. Hollywood Hogan strummed an imaginary guitar on his way to the ring and was accompanied by Eric Bischoff. Bischoff looked smug. The Giant was introduced as weighing five-hundred pounds. No other nWo members were present.

The Giant literally swung his foot over the top rope and climbed in, standing over even Hogan. Hogan reared back and slugged The Giant, until both men were trading right hands. Giant whipped Hogan off the ropes and clotheslined him down. Giant put the big boot on Hogan’s neck, choking him. Hogan propped himself up in the corner, where the Giant continued to choke him. Hogan poked the eye to break it.

Hogan bounced off the ropes and tried a clothesline, but it only staggered the big guy. Another one teetered him once more. Hogan lurched forward and hit The Giant again, but was grabbed strongly with a chokehold. The Giant signalled for the chokeslam! Bischoff jumped up on the apron. The Giant turned and clobbered Bischoff, knocking him from the apron all the way to the ground.

Hogan attacked from behind and drove The Giant down with some overhead forearms and kicked out his legs. Hogan dropped the elbow, then stomped him in the corner. Hogan distracted the referee so that Eric Bischoff could choke The Giant on the ropes. Afterward, Hogan destroyed The Giant’s hand by stepping on it, trying to prevent him from using the chokeslam. After a few minutes more, The Giant pulled himself up and finally started a comeback, blocking Hogan’s punches. The Giant hit Hogan with a headbutt. The Giant grabbed Hogan and hauled him up, signalling for the chokeslam again! Eric Bischoff grabbed the referee and distracted him again. Hogan was CHOKESLAMMED! The Giant covered, but there was no referee. The referee finally ran over but Hogan kicked out at a close 1-2. Hogan elbowed the Giant and clotheslined him down. Hogan hit the big legdrop for the 1-2-3. Damn. Nice goin' Bischoff.

Result – Hollywood Hogan by pin (75.2/55.4/74.6)

Who's gonna be WORLD CHAMPION?

After the match, the crowd boo’d Hogan. Eric Bischoff slid in and celebrated the cheap victory, jumping up and down in victory. Scott Hall ran down to join them, then turned around with a spray can, handed it to Hogan and looked like he was making up. Hall ambushed Hogan, then clobbered Eric Bischoff! He signaled for the Outsider's Edge on Hogan! The crowd was going nuts. Suddenly, Kevin Nash ran down and slid in, breaking it up. Hall and Nash went nose to nose. Hall shook his head and walked away.

Suddenly STING appeared on the entrance ramp! He too made a signal for the World Title. He ran down and threw Hall into the guardrail, then slid into the ring and cleaned house. He tossed the already groggy Hogan from the ring. At Souled Out it's EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF!

67.7 Overall

WCW recieved 996,851 viewers for WCW Monday Nitro (increase of 40,768 viewers from previous show); WWF recieved 959,778 viewers for WWF Monday RAW (increase of 81,081 viewers from previous show

11,308 attendence, an all time high!

The RAW main event: Owen Hart beat Savio Vega (75.2%)

Edited by Nottavictim