How to end the nWo in One Year or Less

This is where I left off on EWB3. And yes, some of it relates to RL but much of it doesnt.

As a reminder, Souled Out looks like this:

Scott Hall vs. Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting for the vacant World Title (w/Zybysko as ref)

Lex Luger vs. Randy Savage

Kevin Nash vs. The Giant

Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart

Bill Goldberg vs. Arn Anderson

DDP & Booker T vs. Buff Bagwell & Curt Hennig

Raven vs. Chris Benoit

Eddie Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko for the WCW Cruiserweight Title

Chris Jericho, Konnan & Brian Adams & Scott Norton vs. Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Super Calo & Chavo Guerrero (8-Man Lucha Rules Match)

Edited by Nottavictim

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, all caught up and some thoughts.

-Everyone is correct when they say that this feels and looks like the REAL WCW from this time period. I guess you have to ask yourself if that is a compliment or a not. I guess it depends on whether you actually like WCW at this time or not. For myself, the screwjob ending of Starrcade signalled the end of my lovefest for this new WCW. While I continued to watch it, I was not really as excited about it as I had been prior to this. This was pretty much the point where the WWF became my favorite promotion for the first time in my entire wrestling watching life. Now, from my point of view, you being so close to reality isn't necessarily a good thing. I know you can't realistically change things in three weeks of shows, but I really only see one thing changing thus far, and that is Hall's ascension to the Main Event of Souled Out. But somehow, the fact that Hall is now embroiled in the Main Event making the Hogan Sting rematch a three way dance DOES seem like typical WCW booking, as it's ANOTHER example of WCW NOT giving the fans the matches they really wanted to see, which of course was Sting vs. Hogan The Rematch.

-Your undercard is a shambles, yet you keep signing new talent left and right. Really, shouldn't you be working on the guys that you haven't gotten over and haven't spent almost ANY time on yet before signing and debuting new guys? You're as bad as Bischoff in that respect.

-Speaking of new guys, who is this ADBCG whatever who wrestles dark matches. I have seriously NEVER heard of him in any way shape or form. Is he a creation of yours or does he exist?

-Finally, and I truly mean this, I am enjoying this diary overall. I know perhaps the above doesn't sound as such, but I was just voicing some concerns I have. This is still and enjoyable, fun, diary with a Back Story that has loads of potential. I agreed with SDM on EWBIII as to who the book writer was, and I still feel that way.

Good luck, and because it's ALWAYS fun, some predictions:

Scott Hall vs. Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting for the vacant World Title (w/Zybysko as ref)

Kevin Nash vs. The Giant

Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart

Raven vs. Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho, Konnan & Brian Adams & Scott Norton vs. Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Super Calo & Chavo Guerrero (8-Man Lucha Rules Match)

TGC

Kevin Nash vs. The Giant

Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart

Raven vs. Chris Benoit

I agree with SDM

TGC

Oh, swoon! :wub::wub::wub:

:shifty:

Awesome shows, Hall/Hogan/Sting should be good but sadly I don't see Hall winning (all though Sting should be the one going over)

Nash/Giant also seems to be going well and hopefully Nash wins (All though not by injuring Giant's neck)

Here's my predictions, The card looks fantastic by the way :D

Sting for the vacant World Title (w/Zybysko as ref)

Randy Savage

Kevin Nash

Bret Hart

Bill Goldberg

DDP & Booker T

Raven

Eddie Guerrero

Chris Jericho, Konnan & Brian Adams & Scott Norton

The tention in the nWo is going along nicely but hopefully you won't seperate them into the Wolfpac like WCW did.

Edited by Baby Hewey

Well I forgot my predictions so here they are. Oh BTW, is there a...'prize'...nah just playing with ya.

Scott Hall vs. Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting for the vacant World Title (w/Zybysko as ref) (YES! HELL HAS FROZEN!!!! HALL WILL WIN!)

Kevin Nash vs. The Giant (lets just hope Nash wont botch yet another powerbomb on poor Paul Wight)

Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart

Raven vs. Chris Benoit

Okay, all caught up and some thoughts.

-Everyone is correct when they say that this feels and looks like the REAL WCW from this time period.  I guess you have to ask yourself if that is a compliment or a not.  I guess it depends on whether you actually like WCW at this time or not.  For myself, the screwjob ending of Starrcade signalled the end of my lovefest for this new WCW.  While I continued to watch it, I was not really as excited about it as I had been prior to this.  This was pretty much the point where the WWF became my favorite promotion for the first time in my entire wrestling watching life.  Now, from my point of view, you being so close to reality isn't necessarily a good thing.  I know you can't realistically change things in three weeks of shows, but I really only see one thing changing thus far, and that is Hall's ascension to the Main Event of Souled Out.  But somehow, the fact that Hall is now embroiled in the Main Event making the Hogan Sting rematch a three way dance DOES seem like typical WCW booking, as it's ANOTHER example of WCW NOT giving the fans the matches they really wanted to see, which of course was Sting vs. Hogan The Rematch.

The quicker every loose end can be dealt with, the quicker we can get to fantasy booking. Remember, I have a whole year to end the nWo.

-Your undercard is a shambles, yet you keep signing new talent left and right.  Really, shouldn't you be working on the guys that you haven't gotten over and haven't spent almost ANY time on yet before signing and debuting new guys?  You're as bad as Bischoff in that respect.

The undercard is exactly the same as RL, except for Super Nova and ADB, for the most part. Here are the undercard feuds, which I admit, are minor:

Chris Benoit and Raven: About to be ended

Bill Goldberg's new push

Buff Bagwell and DDP

Konnan & Jericho & Mysterio

-Speaking of new guys, who is this ADBCG whatever who wrestles dark matches.  I have seriously NEVER heard of him in any way shape or form.  Is he a creation of yours or does he exist?

ADB is Arthur Dexter Bradley, techinically a creation of a friend of Adam Ryland's. He's fictional. See, I can make something up! B)

Edited by Nottavictim

Kevin Nash vs. The Giant

Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart

Raven vs. Chris Benoit

wcw/nWo Souled Out pre-show

January 24th, 1998

WCW WorldWide

Davey Boy Smith and Jim Neidhart beat Brian Adams and Scott Norton (56.9%)

Perry Saturn beat Bobby Eaton (68.9%)

Interview with Chris Benoit (41.1%)

Scott Steiner beat Disco Inferno (56.7%)

Tony Schiavone and "The Brain" Bobby Heenan thanked everyone for watching WorldWide and hyped the pay per view by going over each match in turn.

Jericho was dubbed "the whiner" by the announcers. Clips were shown of Jericho laughing when Mysterio was hurt by Konnan's group. Mysterio returns to action here, gunning for Jericho. Konnan looks to be establishing a posse all his own, especially with new friend, Brian Adams.

This cruiserweight match will be for the Cruiserweight Title. The announcers said to expect techinical action from both men. Clips were shown of the aftermatch brawl between Eddie and Malenko. Close up on the Iceman Dean Malenko's cold, hard stare.

Raven vs. Chris Benoit (Raven's Rules Match)

Raven used his Flock to try to weaken Benoit for months, ducking him until now. Raven agreed to meet Benoit for real this time, but only in a Raven's rules match. No DQ and nearly anything goes here. Expect a vicious contest.

DDP and Booker T have a new friendship and Buff wants gold. Buff and friend Curt Hennig look to take down their new targets in order to take the next step up the ladder in WCW.

Bill Goldberg has a change in attitude, to a vicious monster. He's injured Steve McMichael, Greg Valentine and Davey Boy Smith. Anderson wouldnt stand for that, so challenged Goldberg. Will Anderson be next? The announcers reminded everyone that Anderson has a bad back and is not an active competitor.

Ric Flair vs. Bret Hart

This is the battle to see who is "The Man" in WCW. Hart looks to make an impact in his first ppv match, against the dirtiest player in the game. Both men are going to give it their all in order to best the other.

This is a grudge match between two men who've hated each other for years. Luger hates Savage and Savage hates Luger. There's no way to predict this one, as it is more personal than any match on the card.

Kevin Nash vs. The Giant

Kevin Nash has guaranteed this match, but seems to be caught up in the middle of problems within the nWo. Will anyone come out to help Nash? Even his pal Scott Hall seems to be out for himself. The favorite has to be The Giant, thanks to this conflict.

The belt was held up thanks to the screwy Starrcade 1997 match. However, Roddy Piper saved the day and lumped all loose ends into one match, to end all matches. This match will crown the WCW World Champion, a man who will undoubtedly lead WCW into the future. If that man is Hollywood Hogan, the nWo could become more powerful than ever. The winner of World War 3, Scott Hall is the wild card in this match.

A preliminary poster for Superbrawl VIII was revealed:

user posted image

wcw/nWo Souled Out....next....!

Edited by Nottavictim

Souled Out 1998

from New Orleans, Louisiana

January 24th, 1998

user posted image

Chris Jericho, Konnan & Brian Adams & Scott Norton vs. Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Super Calo & Chavo Guerrero

Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Super Calo & Chavo Guerrero came out first. Dragon stared at the camera, then showed a fist and said a few unheard words. Chris Jericho, Scott Norton, Konnan and Brian Adams also came out as a group, with Chris Jericho carrying a steel chair. After showing the chair to the camera, Jericho followed the group to the ring. Scott Norton stood around.

This match was wrestled under Lucha Libre rules, which meant that if one person exitted the ring, another could immediately come in. Jericho started against Chavo Guerrero. They tied up and exchanged chops, then Jericho hip-tossed Chavo. Chavo slid out and Ultimo Dragon jumped the ropes, but walked right into the powerslam. Mysterio went to the top rope and dropkicked Jericho, then rolled out. Calo hit a flying crossbody on Jericho. Jericho kicked out and escaped the ring. Konnan jumped in and exchanged moves with Ultimo Dragon.

Konnan hit a drop kick, but missed a follow-up. Dragon hit a head-scissors takedown, then hit an amazing cork-screw suplex. Konnan was sent straight to the floor. Ultimo Dragon hit a plancha over the top rope and took out Konnan and Jericho both. Norton jumped in the ring with the remaining Super Calo, hitting a huge powerslam on the smaller Calo for a 1-2. Super Calo was whipped so hard, that he fell clean over the ropes. Jericho strutted over to Mysterio and Calo, then put the boots to them on the outside. Norton and Chavo exchanged blows in the ring. Chavo hit a dropkick, knocking Norton backwards over the ropes. It was down to Chavo and Brian Adams. Adams was fresh and ran at Chavo while the chaos continued on the outside. Mysterio and Calo double-teamed Jericho. Adams summoned up the power of Faarooq and hit a devastating clothesline, then hit a sit down powerbomb for the 1-2. Dragon climbed on the apron and hit a surprising top rope dropkick on Adams. Chavo rolled him up for the 1-2-3!!! What an assist.

After the match, Adams went nuts and tried attacking back. Chavo and Dragon helped each other toss Adams out! Dragon kicked Jericho from the apron and baseball slid into Konnan. Chavo and Dragon both then hit a double suicide dive on everyone, except Jericho, who ducked. Jericho took his chair and destroyed everyone, even his own team. Jericho clocked Adams over the head, then Konnan, and then flattened everybody else who was standing. He jumped up and down, having another hissy fit.

Result – Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Super Calo & Chavo Guerrero by pin

Match Reaction = 44.6%

Match Quality = 77.4%

Overall Rating = 53.2%

Raven vs. Chris Benoit (Raven's Rules Match)

The first grudge-match of the night was hard-fought. The Flock sat in the crowd, as usual, prompting the announcers to speculate on their involvement later on. Raven took a mic and said a few short words. Raven basically said he doesn’t fear pain, he feeds on it and it is all he lives for. Chris Benoit was then quickly introduced, thankfully.

To be honest, this was a great match, but Raven looked a little slow compared to Benoit. Raven summoned the spirit of Mick Foley and clotheslined himself and Benoit out of the ring, starting the match on the outside. Raven whipped Benoit into the guard rail, then over the steel, ring steps. There wasn’t much offense from Benoit on the outside, with only one reverse of a whip a few minutes in. Raven took a folded chair and tried to use it, but Benoit kicked him in the gut and used the chair against him. Benoit rolled Raven back in the ring, covering for the 1-2.

Benoit turned it up, hitting a snap-suplex, then retrieved the chair and then friggin suplexed Raven on the chair. Benoit set up the chair, but didn’t sit in it---he bulldogged Raven on the chair! The chair was bent. Benoit covered for the 1-2. Raven raked the back, but Benoit worked his way back to dominance and chopped at Raven again. Benoit ripped the shirt off of Raven and chopped the bare chest, over and over. Raven fought back with right hands and threw Benoit out. They fought up the ramp, then fought down the ramp. Raven speared Benoit into the ring apron. Raven grabbed a table out from the ring, but Benoit attacked first. Benoit threw in Raven and tried to lock in the crossface! Raven escaped.

Raven reversed a whip and clotheslined Benoit, then hauled him up and tried to DDT him. Benoit reversed that and hit a northern lights suplex that looked real good, for a 1-2. Loud “Benoit” chants erupted from the crowd. Benoit signalled the match over and went to the top rope! However, Raven disturbed the ropes and then bulldogged Benoit from the top. Raven covered for the 1-2. Raven hauled up Benoit and hit the DDT, but again only got a 1-2. Raven tried for yet another DDT, but Benoit reversed it, knocked Raven down and locked in the crossface. Raven was in the middle of the ring and couldn’t escape. Raven started laughing. He was enjoying it! Raven passed out and Mickey Jay awarded the match to Benoit.

Result – Chris Benoit by submission

After the match, THE FLOCK rushed the ring and attacked both Benoit plus the referee. Kidman and Van Hammer pounded on Benoit, putting the boots to him. Perry Saturn tended to Raven, but suddenly Dean Malenko ran out! He slid in and made the save, knocking down Saturn, Kidman and Van Hammer. Riggs and Sick Boy ran like scared cats. Benoit was able to get up and even the odds, helping Malenko clear the ring. The crowd cheered for both men.

Match Reaction = 71.4%

Match Quality = 86.7%

Overall Rating = 80.1%

We were shown a video recapping the feud between these two. We were shown Goldberg standing over the fallen Steve McMichael. We were shown Goldberg destroying Greg Valentine, then Davey Boy Smith. This led immediately into Goldberg’s pounding introduction. The camera zoomed in on Goldberg as he emerged from some smoke and pyro on the stage. Arn Anderson came out to a good response. He simply walked to the ring and with little emotion, entered.

Anderson stood in the corner as Goldberg stared him down from afar. Goldberg suddenly charged, but Anderson showed a little quickness and sidestepped at his age. Anderson kicked and then pounded Goldberg in the back as he was squarely trapped against the turnbuckle. Goldberg elbowed Anderson and then turned up the energy level, colliding a flurry of punches with Arn’s jaw. Goldberg picked up Anderson and pressed him over his head, then threw him down like a rag doll. Anderson used the ropes to claw to his feet, not giving up. Goldberg pounded some forearms into the back of Anderson, each one devastatingly reagravating Arn’s injury from earlier in the year.

Suddenly, STEVE MCMICHAEL ran down to ringside! He was out to help his Four Horseman friend! He climbed up on the ring apron and distracted the referee. Goldberg got up from the mat and stalked over to McMichael, arguing with him. McMichael dropped down to let the match continue, but slipped a foreign object into his hand. Brass knucks! The referee didn’t see them. Goldberg walks into a straight right hand by Anderson, but they were reversed. McMichael tried to coordinate with Anderson and jumped on the apron again. What was he doing now?? Anderson reversed an irish whip but McMichael didn’t use the brass knucks on Goldberg! McMichael started laughing at Anderson and just dropped down to let the match continue. Goldberg and Anderson went toe to toe, exchanging blows, but Goldberg’s strength was just too much. Goldberg kicked Anderson in the gut hard, then delivered the jackhammer for the 1-2-3. McMichael screwed Anderson.

Result – Bill Goldberg by pin

McMichael laughed arrogantly and slid in, to help put the boots to Arn Anderson. He was directing traffic. Goldberg hit the jackhammer on Anderson, then tossed him from the ring. Goldberg had a sick, twisted smile on his face as he shook hands with McMichael.

McMichael took a mic and laughed, “Arn Anderson! You think I need some stale group of old men to keep me in the spotlight? Huh? Well I don’t need the Horsemen legacy anymore. I got myself a legitimate threat now and I just proved that Steve McMichael was better than Arn Anderson! That threat is BILL GOLDBERG! The monster that just destroyed you. You got out of here easy, Arn Anderson. Some others…WON’T BE...so lucky! Hahaha!!”

Match Reaction = 73.8%

Match Quality = 61.8%

Overall Rating = 65.7%

Steve McMichael turned and is now a heel

Dean Malenko. vs. Eddie Guerrero for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Eddie Guerrero comes out, smiling arrogantly and looks quite cocky. He takes off the belt and raises it himself, mouthing the words that he’s the man. The icy, unemotional Dean Malenko came out and slid into the ring. Malenko and Eddie immediately locked up, jockying for position. Malenko used a go-behind to gain leverage and take down Eddie in an amateur wrestling type way. Malenko quickly locked on a front-face lock and then turned that around into an armbar submission.

Eddie worked out and whipped Malenko off the ropes, then hit him straight on with a dropkick. He went to the top and hit a flying crossbody for a 1-2. Eddie clotheslined Dean from the ring and the match spilled out onto the outside. Malenko tried to push Eddie into the guard rail, but Eddie raised the leg and hit a low blow. Eddie rolled in Malenko and went to lock on a figure-four, but Malenko grabbed the ropes. Eddie walked over and put his boot on Malenko’s neck, until the referee forced him to break the choke.

Eddie hit a series of suplexes on Malenko, but the last of three was reversed into a victory roll for a close 1-2. Eddie pinned him again and put his feet up on the ropes for leverage, but still got a 1-2. Eddie did it again and got caught by the ref. What a cheater! While Eddie argued with the ref, Malenko recovered and used his second wind to duck a clothesline. Malenko bounced off the ropes and hit a dropkick right on Eddie’s knee. Eddie went down in a heap. Malenko signalled for the end, walked over and locked in the Texas Cloverleaf. Eddie reached for the ropes but couldn’t make it. Eddie tapped out.

Result – Dean Malenko – NEW Cruiserweight Champion

Match Reaction = 72.2%

Match Quality = 81.2%

Overall Rating = 81.7%

Kevin Nash vs. The Giant

Nash came out first and smiled confidently to the camera. No Scott Hall in sight. Nash slid into the ring and leaned against the ring ropes. The Giant came out next and stood outside for a moment, yelling something up at Nash. The Giant slid into the ring and Nash immediately attacked, putting the boots to the big man. However, The Giant couldn’t be kept down and reared up to his feet despite the blows. He grabbed Nash by the throat, then tossed him into the corner. The crowd was really into this match by this point. The Giant ripped Nash’s tights and slapped him across the bare chest with his big paw.

Nash knee’d him in the gut. Nash pummelled him with forearms, elbows and for a few minutes, tried to knock him off his feet with some clotheslines. Nothing was working. Nash bailed to the outside and looked to the back, but no help came. The Giant suddenly came out and the brawl erupted on the outside. Nash ducked a clothesline and pushed Giant into the steel ringpost. Nash picked up the steps and dropped him on the leg of the fallen Giant.

Nash climbed back into the ring and waited for the count-out. Unbelievably, The Giant scratched and clawed back to his feet and into the ring again. Nash had just about enough of his and signalled for the Powerbomb! He tried to hoist The Giant up but couldn’t! He was too big. The Giant reared up and clobbered Nash with a big right hand, then grabbed him by the neck. He signalled by the chokeslam. Suddenly, Scott Hall came running out to ringside with a chair, sliding in. He looked at The Giant, then looked at his good buddy, then reared back and smacked the crap outta the Giant. The ref called for the bell but Hall tossed him out. Hall smacked The Giant down until he could push him out of the ring. Nash shook off his grogginess and looked up, seeing Hall there. The two friends shook hands, putting their differences behind them. The Giant lurched back into the ring with a second wind, but The Outsiders bailed.

Result – The Giant by DQ

Match Reaction = 74.5%

Match Quality = 60.3%

Overall Rating = 71.4%

Bret Hart vs Ric Flair

Bret Hart came out first, dressed to the nines. It’s like he was sucked up out of the WWF and placed in WCW without any changes. Hart gave his glasses to a kid at ringside. Ric Flair, on the other hand, came out with two lovely ladies. They took off his robe at ringside and then proceeded to the back. Afterward, Flair was so pleased with himself, he smiled and motioned to himself then went WOO!

In the ring, Hart and Flair stared each other down. Hart raised his hand and Flair obliged by locking fingers. Hart won the test of strength and wrenched the hand and arm of Flair, then kicked him in the gut and sent him down. Hart stomped on Flair, then bounced off the ropes and delivered a knee to the midsection. Flair used the ropes to get up and pulled them down as Hart charged, pushing him out over the top. Flair jumped from the apron and delivered an axe-handle to the back, then rolled him back in. It was time for Flair to dominate and he worked the leg in an attempt to limit Hart’s mobility, kicking at it and dropping the elbow on it. Flair strutted and went WOO!

After another strut, Flair went to the top again, but Hart expectantly caught him in the gut with a punch and tossed him from the turnbuckle flat on his back. Hart covered for the 1-2. After a few more minutes of jockying for position, Hart again regained the advantage. Hart pulled Flair to the corner and looked to be going for a figure-four around the ring post, the same move that Flair used to devastate Jim Neidhart. He locked it in, but the referee forced an early break. Hart walked over and right into a victory roll for a close 1-2. Hart reversed and got a 1-2. Flair reversed that and got himself a 1-2. Hart kicked out. After more jockying for position, Hart and Flair went toe to toe, slapping each other across the chest. Back and forth it went, for at least ten minutes. Hart then kicked down Flair, pulled down the strap off his shoulder and raised his fist to the crowd. They cheered him.

Hart kicked at the leg of Flair, then tried to lock in the sharpshooter. Flair rolled around and tried to not let him lock it in. Hart overpowered him and locked in the sharpshooter. Flair screamed in pain, over and over. He reached for the ropes and got them! Hart pulled him away and back to the middle of the ring. What an amazing show of strength. Flair again clawed toward the ropes but couldn’t make it. Flair tapped. What a great match.

Result – Bret Hart by submission.

After the match, Flair didn’t lay in the ring for very long, instead hobbled up to his feet and tried to show that he was still strong. Flair whinced in pain. Hart put his hands on his hips, looked at Flair, then offered his hand! Flair looked at Hart a moment, then stepped forward and they shook hands. Hart raised Flair’s hand. They walked out together, showing the respect they now shared.

Match Reaction = 83.6%

Match Quality = 84.0%

Overall Rating = 89.2%

end of part 1

Edited by Nottavictim

wcw/nWo Souled Out part 2

Buff Bagwell & Curt Hennig d Booker T & DDP

The faces came out first, to pep things up a bit. Booker T and DDP came out together, to show that they’re a solid unit. Booker hobbled a bit on that bad leg but wasn’t using a crutch at least. You cant wrestle with a crutch, they say. DDP stood in the ring and demanded Buff Bagwell, literally pointing to him. Buff tagged himself in and charged DDP, allowing the two to lock up. DDP used a quick go-behind to get position, but tasted only elbow for his efforts. Buff pulls DDP’s head under his armpit and locked in a painful looking headlock, then bulldogs him to the mat. Buff rolls him over for a 1-2. DDP worked out of another submission and clobbered Buff with some right hands.

DDP’s offense was ended quickly enough with Buff’s rake to the eyes. Buff tagged in Curt and he went to work on the lower back. Summoning up the power of David Carradine, Curt hit a palm strike to DDP’s kidneys. Curt tagged in and out with Buff, isolating him. Suddenly, someone came out from the back unannounced and everyone stood up to see who it was. MADUSA came out to ringside and looked on while the match continued. She was wearing some mean looking sunglasses.

Curt Hennig was choking DDP on the ropes when he noticed Madusa, allowing Booker to slip free due to the distraction. Hot tag to Booker T got a big pop! Booker T clotheslined Curt and stomped him, then bounced off the ropes but wait----Madusa tripped up Booker T! Booker T went down facefirst, thanks to her interference. Buff used the advantage to drop the elbow to Booker T’s back. DDP exitted the ring and chased Madusa, but was surprised by Curt Hennig, who took him down. Curt and Madusa threw DDP into the guardrail. Meanwhile, in the ring, Booker T reversed an armlock and took down Buff with his patented sidekick. Madusa jumped up on the apron, yelling and screaming. Booker T turned around to address her, but Buff took advantage, rolling up Booker T for the 1-2-3. He was holding the tights! Unbelievable!

After the match, Buff quickly slid out and posed on the outside. Madusa hung all over him like some sort of groupie. The two embraced, smiling and laughing at DDP and Booker T.

Result – Buff Bagwell & Curt Hennig by pin

Match Reaction = 64.2%

Match Quality = 69.0%

Overall Rating = 65.9%

Madusa turned and is now a heel

Lex Luger vs Randy Savage

This match was a grudge match between two old rivals. First out was Lex Luger, to a good response, followed by Randy Savage, with Miss Elizabeth. Luger and Savage stared each other down, then locked up in a test of strength. Luger backed him up all the way to the corner. The referee called for the clean break, but when Luger obliged, Savage raked the face and poked the eye. Savage delivered some kicks downstairs, then some punches upstairs. Savage clotheslined him down and stomped on his hand. While Savage distracted the ref, Miss Elizabeth came over and choked Luger on the ropes.

Savage came over and hauled up Luger, then delivered a snap-suplex. Savage climbed the top rope and tried to deliver a big axe-handle, but missed. Luger kicked Savage and showed momentary offensive life with a belly-to-belly suplex. Miss Elizabeth got up on the ring apron to make a distraction but Luger ignored her. Luger picked up Savage and scoop slammed him down again. He signalled for the rack!

Savage was in the rack but there was no referee. Luger dropped him down and now pointed at Elizabeth. Liz begged off and dropped down, running away. Luger slid out and caught Liz from behind, then turned her around and said something to her in a surprisingly calm way. Savage suddenly attacked from behind! Savage ordered Liz to get a chair, but she wouldn’t! She just stood there. Savage yelled at her, pointing at her threateningly. Savage rolled Luger back in the ring. Savage walked over but Luger was playing possum and hit him squarely in the head, staggering Savage. Luger belted Savage with the Forearm Smash, then lifted him up into the rack! Savage tapped! No one came to help him, not even Liz!

Result - Lex Luger by submission

After the match, Miss Elizabeth slid in to check on Savage, but he erupted in anger. He grabbed her wrist and led her from the ring controllingly.

Match Reaction = 75.4%

Match Quality = 63.4%

Overall Rating = 72.8%

MAIN EVENT: Scott Hall vs. Hollywood Hogan vs. Sting (w/ Larry Zybysko as referee)

Sting’s entrance was actually the longest, but who’s counting. Anyway, Hall pushed Zybysko in the shoulder as he was waiting and smirked at him. Zybysko pointed to his referee shirt and shouted something back. Hogan stood stoically in the other corner, away from Hall and said nothing. When Sting slid into the ring, Hogan attacked, pounding him with fists. With Hall’s help, they threw Sting into the ropes and clotheslined him down. Just as they were showing signs of working together, Hogan cheapshotted Hall from behind and tossed Hall into the turnbuckle headfirst. Hogan pounded Hall’s head into the turnbuckle and then turned around and walked into a Sting right hand.

Sting lifted Hogan and dropped him on the knee. Hogan reversed a whip and clotheslined Sting down. Hall came up behind and raked the back of Hogan, then pounded him with some right hands. Hall unrelentlessly kicked at Hogan, until he was down on the mat. Hogan begged off and scooted into the corner. Sting rose up and charged Hall and Hogan, but Hogan escaped. Sting splashed only Hall in the corner. Sting covered for the 1-2, but Hogan made the save. Hogan elbowed Sting, then picked him up and slammed him down on the mat. Hogan bounced off the ropes to deliver the ledrop, but Hall clobbered him with a clothesline. Hogan and Hall went toe to toe with punches, until Hall went downstairs with a kick. A little too downstairs.

Zybysko stepped in and yelled at Hall, shouting a warning at him. Hall shoved Zybysko and threw him from the ring! Hall taunted him. Sting came up behind Hall and locked in a dragon sleeper, but turned it into a reverse DDT. Hall was tossed! Sting turned and returned to taking on Hogan. On the outside, Zybysko picked up Hall and clobbered him with a right hand! Hall went down in a heap. Suddenly, someone reached out from the ropes and ambushed Zybysko, pulling him down into the guard rail hard. It was Louie Spicolli. Zybysko was out cold!

In the ring, Hogan had regained the advantage and after another low blow, Hogan delivered the legdrop. But there was no referee. Nick Patrick ran down and counted fairly 1……2….kickout! Sting kicked out and now no-sold Hogan’s blows, screaming and yelling as he gained a second wind. Louie Spicolli rolled Hall back into the ring, but that was a mistake. Sting whipped Hogan into the corner and hit the Stinger Splash! Sting hit the Stinger splash on Hall in the opposite corner! Both Hall and Hogan fell down. Suddenly Kevin Nash ran down and pulled Hall from the ring, saving him from further harm.

Sting covered Hogan for the 1-2. Amazingly enough, Hogan kicked out. Hogan clawed away from Sting and called for help from the Outsiders. They walked away! Hall collapsed and Nash ignored Hogan! Sting pulled Hogan back to the middle of the ring and put the boots to Hogan. Sting pointed at Hogan, but Hogan begged off again. Hogan got up and poked Sting’s eye. He removed the belt and went to hit Sting, but Nick Patrick confiscated it! Hogan was livid. Nick Patrick was supposed to be on his side. A groggy Hall broke away from Nash and Spicolli, but Sting knocked him from the apron. Sting turned around and kicked the oncoming Hogan in the gut, then delivered some shoulders in the corner. Sting reared back and delivered the Stinger Splash, then covered for the 1-2-3. The crowd went nuts! The referee presented Sting with the belt.

Sting held the belt up. He was the World Champ.

Result – Sting by pin

Match Reaction = 78.7%

Match Quality = 67.1%

Overall Rating = 72.9%

The End.

Edited by Nottavictim

Good show, McMichael turning on Anderson was unexpected as well as Madusa helping the nWo. Looks like Savage is on his way out of the nWo which is good in my opinion. Malenko as Cruiserweight champion is good and now Eddie can go on to bigger things.

Souled Out was a good show and I'm looking forward to Superbrawl VIII :D

Chapter Three: Smackdown your WCW

Eric Bischoff pulled at his tight collar, feeling the heat in the small waiting room of the CNN Center grow more and more with each passing second. He was supposed to the calmest, coolest guy in pro-wrestling, but being on the verge of a big change like the end of the nWo, was a big pressure. As he waited for his meeting with Ted Turner, he wondered if he should bring up the end of the nWo at all. Would Ted care? Bischoff always assumed Turner never watched WCW and in part, that was correct. However, Turner was interested in one thing: business. And the nWo had been good for business. Hell, Bischoff hadnt even made up his mind himself if he would end the nWo. Why should he?

The elderly secretary raised her chin and told him he could go in. Bischoff pealed himself out of the chair, then adjusted his tie. He took a deep breath and headed toward the door.

The secretary stared at him through her thick glasses and stated, "Mister Bischoff, you forgot your book."

Bischoff nearly slapped his forehead. He quickly smiled and nodded politely to the secretary, then walked back to the waiting chair and retrieved his book. He had discarded the ugly, yellow bookjacket off of "How to End the nWo in One Year or Less" but it still haunted him. The hardcover under the jacket was yellow too. Dammit.

Bischoff tucked the book under his arm and proceeded into the huge office. It was a secret he never wanted to reveal, but he needed to keep it safe, even if it was tucked under his arm during a Ted Turner meeting.

"Ahhh, Eric, thanks for comin," Turner said with a smile. He reached over and shook Bischoff's hand, then sat down again, "Won't keep you long," he added.

"No problem, Mister Turner. Glad to come by," Bischoff replied simply. He sat down.

"How's things?" Turner asked plainly. Turner looked calm, composed and almost whimsical in his tone, as if business was the farthest thing from his mind. What a lie that was, Bischoff thought.

"What? Oh fine," Bischoff replied, "Gotta be in New Orleans in a few weeks. We got the Pay Per View down there."

"Is that where it is?" Turner asked amusedly.

"Yes--uh, so what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well, I just got a letter from Jim Ross--" Turner began calmly.

"Wait---what? The WWF's Jim Ross?"

"Calm down Eric," Turner began, like a father berating a son, "He had enough respect to tell me up front and wish us luck in competing on Thursdays. You see, they're putting on a new show up against Thunder. Next year. They're calling it Smackdown."

"Oh c'mon--" Bischoff fumed, then calmed upon remembering Turner's tone, "Well they're not gonna find it very easy to compete on Thursdays. We're getting good ratings."

"I know. I like the numbers. So anyway, that's news for you, Eric. Keep up what you're doing. Now, here's the second thing I wanted to tell you. And I think it's more important. Some of your guys called the office. Here."

Bischoff swallowed a bit and grated his teeth at the same time, "They went over my head? Who called you?"

Turner leaned back in his chair in a relaxed fashion, "Well, names arent important, let's just say that I've never heard more disgruntled people in all my time. I dont think I've ever heard of anybody goin over your head before, Eric. Maybe that's a warning sign, huh?"

Bischoff nodded a little, "Well---yeah, you're right. I do plan on making some changes---it's just I'm not sure it'll be good for business. I mean, down at WCW we've got a good thing going. If I go changing things, people might get even more upset."

Turner rubbed his chin and said, "Well Eric, I'll leave the decision up to you. Personally, change can be positive. To be honest with you, changing the attitude of the show might change the attitude of the guys you're always trying to control. That's the kind of thing you should be focusing on, no matter how good the show is. Flex your creative muscle, Eric. "

Bischoff smiled a little and then chuckled, "Good idea---hey Mister Turner, how about YOU make an appearance?"

Turner stared across the table a moment and then said deadpan, "Very funny."

Bischoff tugged at his collar again, "Sorry," he muttered.

Turner stood up and motioned to Bischoff, "Well, we'll see how it goes. Honestly, I thought you'd already have a plan, Eric. You always do."

Bischoff stood up too and felt the meeting come to an end, "I do. I'm going to end the nWo. In one year or less." Bischoff tucked the book away.

"Sounds like a plan," Turner said agreeably.

"Now all I gotta do is tell Hogan..."

"You havent told him?" Turner asked.

"I've told everyone else BUT him..."

"Good luck..."

Bischoff didnt like the sound of that.

2WRESTLING.COM MONDAY NIGHT PREVIEW

Monday Nitro is LIVE from the Louisiana Sports Arena.  WCW officials have put out an official statement in support of WCW World Champion, Sting, congratulating him on his win.  All loose ends from Sting's past were tied up at Souled Out and WCW officials have promised that they are happy that he is leading them into the future.

Although the WWF is entered a new "Attitude," WCW also today said that they are entering a "Fresh, New Future" with new storylines, new characterizations, and new action. 

Randy Savage has already challenged Lex Luger to a rematch on Monday Nitro, in order to gain revenge.  Savage tried to use Miss Elizabeth to gain the cheap victory, but she was not as reliable as he thought.  Look for this to be addressed Monday Night.

The nWo seem to breaking down as a group, despite the Outsiders working together at Souled Out.  Nash, Hogan, Savage and Hall all look like they are on pins and needles around each other, but nWo spokesman Eric Bischoff has promised that Monday Night, all differences will be resolved.  Can this group rise above the dissention?

Although brand new feuds are on the horizon, will Hollywood Hogan try to insert himself in the World Title picture once again? 

Raven, Bret Hart and Ric Flair have all promised to speak!  What a packed Nitro!

Confirmed Matches for Nitro 1/26/98:

Chris Jericho vs. Arthur Dexter Bradley

Bret Hart vs. Perry Saturn

Mortis vs. Booker T for the TV Title

The Steiner Bros vs. Brian Adams & Konnan

Randy Savage vs. Lex Luger

BACKSTAGE NOTES:

-WCW has signed Mexican star Atlantis Jr.

-Backstage, everyone was pleased with the showing of Bret Hart and Ric Flair.

-It has been leaked that Ultimo Dragon might get a push.

-Davey Boy Smith and Greg Valentine are not happy within the company, having been promised a push.

-SuperBrawl VIII will be at the Cow Palace, in San Francisco

The PPV was very good. I KNEW Mongo can never be trusted!!! Why didnt they believe me?! Anyways I hope Hogan will take the news lightly, or I guess he might be pissed at eric for ending...'his creation' or something like that. In this time line, will Vince Russo be arriving soon on WCW? I forgot what year he arrived with the company with Ferrera and that other guy.

Guest UmpireAJS

I think it was upto this point I read your EWBIII diary,so it will be interesting to see what goes beyond Souled Out. And umm yeah fire Valentine,he is useless,but do try to use Bulldog though,make Mongo job to Bulldog-that will be nice.

I think it was upto this point I read your EWBIII diary,so it will be interesting to see what goes beyond Souled Out. And umm yeah fire Valentine,he is useless,but do try to use Bulldog though,make Mongo job to Bulldog-that will be nice.

Don't diss the Hammer. Valentine > You.

Erm, yeah. So we're just about at the period where we get to new shows, which is good because recaps are nice and all but I'm ready for new stuff. This is a really fun, realistic diary, and I'm liking every aspect of it right now, I think. So, yeah, nothing to complain about, thank you very much bye-bye.

2WRESTLING.COM Results for Monday Night Nitro

January 26th, 1998

Nitro was LIVE from Louisiana, home of wcw/nWo Souled Out, which was attended by over 17,000 people. Tonight’s show was quickly introduced by Tony Schiavone and Larry Zybysko, then sent straight to the ring where Roddy Piper was standing!

Roddy and Sting joined

Roddy got a large pop that caused him pause, but then he said, “Alright alright, let’s get down to business here. Last night, I think we tied up all loose ends and we came to a good conclusion to a great, big mess that’s been running through WCW lately. Well anyway, they wanted me to come out here and blather on about how Sting is champ, how we’re entering a new era and blah blah blah. Well let me tell you people something, sometimes talk is cheap and doing is all the better for ya. What I mean to say is-----STING get on down here and celebrate with me!! Yeah!!” he shouted.

The arena darkened and music for STING erupted. The crowd went absolutely bonkers as he came out down the ramp and to the ring. He stood there stoically, with the WCW World Championship on. The crowd applauded him again as Piper smiled.

“Sting! Stinger, as they used to call ya, I’m very proud to be out here with the WCW World Champion! I’m glad we put to rest all disputes last night, Stinger because now we’re gonna start all new disputes, get all riled up and watch you kick through everybody all over again. Nah, I’m just kidding, Stinger. But there’s one person you are gonna kick through…next week and god bless me, I almost forgot to annouce that, didn’t I? Next week, live on Nitro, Sting will be action. Oh yeah. That should be something---“ Piper began.

Sting reached over and snatched the microphone from Piper. Sting was going to speak. He raised the microphone and WAIT---nWo music erupted in the arena. Eric Bischoff came out on stage and pointed up toward the ring.

“Piper! Your job is done around here. Why don’t you stop flapping your lip and start walking your little legs instead, huh? I was listening to what you were saying backstage and something struck me like a Hollywood Hogan right hand---and that was…you think you’ve put everything and everyone to rest? You think you’ve put all disputes behind you? Well, think again PAL!! There’s no WAY Hollywood Hogan got a fair shot the month before, this month or ever! You two are perpetually screwing with him, me and the entire New World Order! Why? Well, I’ll tell you why. Because you cant beat us in a fair fight, that’s why.”

Piper was given the mic and shouted angerly, “Listen to me Eddie Munster, I don’t think fair is in your vocabulary. I’ll tell you what, next week you bring two of your best guys to the ring and we’ll give you a fight! You want a fight? Let’s go! Roddy Piper and the WCW World Champion versus the N….W……O!! And you step in the ring, I’ll be happy to toss you right on your ear, chum!”

The crowd popped as Bischoff walked off. Next week Piper and Sting versus Team nWo!

Chris Jericho vs. Arthur Dexter Bradley

After commercial, Jericho’s music was played and he came to the ring. ADB was waiting for him there, smirking. ADB motioned to his pecs and Jericho did some smirking too. ADB summoned up the power of Buff Bagwell and posed dramatically. Jericho walked up, kicked him in the gut and hit a DDT. He covered for a 1-2. Jericho stomped wildly on ADB, then choked him on the ropes and put a boot into the kidneys. Jericho scoop-slammed ADB, then hit a lionsault off the middle rope for a 1-2. ADB reversed a sleeper and hit a few right hands, but Jericho came back and whipped him into the corner. ADB was placed on the top turnbuckle, allowing Jericho to deliver a hard hitting back body suplex from the top rope. ADB kicked out of that too. Jericho stomped him some more, then summoned up the power of Curt Hennig, hitting a fisherman’s suplex for the 1-2-3.

Result – Chris Jericho by pin

Match Reaction = 30.2%

Match Quality = 84.4%

Overall Rating = 49.1%

Jericho whined again

After the match, Jericho threw ADB from the ring and grabbed a mic, “Last night, I was embarrassed to participate in the silliest….stupidiest…suckiest…most annoying match in the history of matches. I cant believe MY team was beaten by a bucha runt cruiserweights that are about as big as second graders. I think that---“ he began but was interrupted by KONNAN’s music.

Konnan came down to the ring with his pal Brian Adams and Curt Hennig. Hennig was wearing a black New World Order t-shirt. “Yo yo yo, why you complain’ Jericho? Man, you’re lucky just to be running with us for one match, dawg. You got your chance to beat Rey Mysterio and you blew it, tough guy. So quit runnin’ your lip.”

Chris Jericho chuckled and raised a hand, “Whoa Konnan, no offense or anything, but that wasn’t a fair test of my supreme talents in the ring. Did you see what I did to this kid right here two minutes ago? I can personally guarantee I can beat Rey Mysterio or any cruiserweight, anytime.”

Konnan nodded, “Okay, I hear that. If you can beat Rey Mysterio, then you can run with us in bigger matches on a bigger stage, dawg. You do that and there’s nothing you wont be able to do….with us. But dont get me wrong, we're watching you, jefe. Deal?”

Konnan and Chris Jericho shook hands.

(78.3)

Dragon rejected Oono

Ultimo Dragon was lacing up his boots in the locker room when Yuji Nagata entered. Nagata walked right up to Dragon and crossed his arms, trying to look intense. Ultimo dropped his foot and stood up to the bigger Nagata, glaring right back at him. Sonny Oono suddenly rushed in and got between the two men, then grinned toothily at Dragon.

“Hey whoa, Dragon. You remember me, don’t ya? Alright alright, don’t look at me like that, all I want is friendship, a clean slate between us. If you recall, I’m the one who broke you into this place. You wouldn’t be so popular if it werent for me, you know! I figure, you owe me at least a share of some of that popularity you got now. And if you join up with me again, I think I can guarantee the best matches, the best advice and the best…protection…” Oono grinned, looking at Nagata, “….in WCW.

“So whattya say, let’s let bygones be bygones and go at everybody together. Just like old times! C’mon, I’m not so bad, am I? Dragon?”

Oono reached out and offered his hand to Ultimo Dragon. Dragon slapped it away and stalked off without saying a thing. Oono gritted his teeth in anger and exchanged glances with Nagata.

“What are you lookin at??” Oono shouted at Nagata.

Suddenly, Los Villanos, the two masked wrestlers, walked up alongside Oono and both crossed their arms in a menacing away.

“C’mon!” let out Oono. They all stalked off.

(63)

Bret Hart vs. Perry Saturn

Perry Saturn and THE FLOCK came out to the ring, with Raven in tow. Perry Saturn slid into the ring and warmed up, but then Raven walked around the ring. He grabbed the ring announcer and started shouting something to him.

“Ladies and gentlemen…uh…substituting tonight for the ailing Perry Saturn…is RAVEN!” he said.

Raven slid into the ring and nodded his head. Saturn looked confused. He didn’t look sick. Raven stepped closer to Saturn and glared at him. Saturn shook his head and slid out of the ring and joined the Flock on the outside. He stewed there angerly. Suddenly, Bret Hart’s music erupted in the arena and he came out in his classic garb. As he tried to give his glasses to a young boy, Scotty Riggs ripped them away and put them on. Hart attacked Riggs! Van Hammer, Kidman and Sick Boy all restrained Hart, then threw him in the ring. Saturn stood there blandly and did nothing.

Raven put the boots to Hart immediately, then knelt down and delivered some hard, right hands. Hart worked his way back to his feet and reversed an irish whip, delivering a shoulder. Raven went down in a heap, but got up energetically. Hart grabbed hold of the match and kicked Raven, taking the brawl to him until both men were in the corner against the turnbuckle. Hart bulldogged Raven to the mat and locked in a painful looking armbar. Raven struggled to the ropes. Hart bounced off the ropes and clotheslined Raven down, just as he was standing up. Hart pulled up Raven and slinged him into the ropes, then clotheslined him down again. Hart locked on a one-legged cloverleaf. Suddenly, KIDMAN pulled on Hart’s boot and then jumped up on the apron to yell at him.

Hart walked over and clocked Kidman, knocking him to the ground. Van Hammer climbed up and grabbed Hart’s neck, choking him across the ropes. Raven attacked from behind. Soon enough, the whole Flock was attacking him in the ring. The bell rang furiously.

Suddenly, RIC FLAIR ran out from the back and slid in, taking the fight to the Flock. Flair threw out Kidman and Sick Boy, going crazy with right hands. Van Hammer and Raven bailed from the ring as the tide seemed to turn against him. Saturn just stood there. Raven argued with him. Bret Hart glanced at Ric Flair, then patted him on the back in thanks.

Result – Bret Hart by DQ

Match Reaction = 76.5%

Match Quality = 82.7%

Overall Rating = 81.6%

Bret Hart and Flair were ready to exit the ring when GOLDBERG's music suddenly erupted in the arena. Steve McMichael and the monster himself walked out from the back and smirked.

McMichael had a mic and pointed toward the ring, saying, "Hey Hart, you call that a match? You call that excellence of execution? That wasnt anything but a big embarrassment, Bret Hart. Just like everything you've ever done in your career. I came out here to prove a point, Hart. Because when compared to you, the monster Bill Goldberg doesnt just look like the biggest thing in the business...he looks like the BEST there IS and the best there ever will be! Hahaha!!!"

(88.1)

Mortis vs. Booker T for the TV Title

Some dark, pounding music started in the arena. Mortis came out with his “handler” James Vandenberg, who accompanied him to the ring. The masked Mortis looked back and forth and then stood in the middle of the ring. Things picked up a bit as Booker T was introduced. He high-fived fans on his way to the ring. Mortis jumped out and attacked Booker on the outside, throwing him into the side of the ring.

Vandenberg went to grab a chair, but Booker caught him in the stomach before he could hit him. Booker was thrown into the ring by Mortis. Mortis put the boots to him and locked on a headlock. Booker fought out with some stiff elbows, then whipped Mortis off the ropes and delivered his pattened sidekick. After a few more moments of jockying for position, Vandenberg got up on the ring apron but he too received a side kick! Mortis was kicked in the gut, doubling him over. Booker hit the overhead kick to the back of the neck for the 1-2-3.

Result – Booker T by pin

After the match, Vandenberg rushed in and started shouting at Booker T. Booker walked over and got up in his face. The crowd actually showed a little life for violence against Vandenberg. Mortis suddenly attacked from behind, driving Booker to the mat, with repeated forearms. He stomped him, over and over. Mortis slid out to get a chair, but suddenly FIT FINLEY ran out from backstage and attacked him in the aisle. Finley and Mortis went toe to toe, exchanging right hands until Finley lowered the shoulder and plowed Mortis into the ring post. He wrenched at the mask! Mortis slipped away and escaped. Finley and Mortis exchanged glares.

Match Reaction = 31.4%

Match Quality = 75.0%

Overall Rating = 53.0%

Chavo played the family card

The youngster, Chavo Guerrero Jr., came out to the ring. It wasn’t so much his presence that inspired the crowd, but what he said, “Hey…I want to apologize for interrupting the show…but I’ve been sitting in the back watching a disgrace going on around here. And well…I’ve been sitting in the back, holding my tongue about it. I’m talking about my cousin, Eddie Guerrero! Eddie! You tried to cheat and scheme out of every single match you’ve been in. For the first time in my life, I’m ashamed you’re family. If you’ve got any guts, you’ll come out here and face me right now!”

Eddie Guerrero walked out apprehensively and then frowned, snatching the microphone from Chavo, “Whoa whoa, I ain’t got no beef with you, chico. You and me are blood alright, but you aint gotta like me and I aint gotta like you. You know, you gotta a lot of nerve, chico. You think you’re a big shot now, huh? I do what I want, WHEN I want and that includes busting you wide open if I feel like it!”

Eddie laughed arrogantly at Chavo and tossed the mic at him, “Eddie, don’t you have any respect at all? For me? Huh? For our family? If you do, then you’d change, man. You really want to be enemies with your own cousin? Listen…listen Eddie, I want to tell you something. We grew up together and I want to stand WITH YOU, Eddie…but listen, you have to do things the right way…c’mon, whattya say?”

Surprisingly, Eddie backed down and calmly nodded. He walked over and hugged his cousin. Eddie raised Chavo’s hand to a good response, then they walked out of the ring.

(70.7)

The Steiner Bros vs. Brian Adams & Konnan

The Steiner Bros came out first, accompanied by Ted Dibiase. There’s no greater blue blood wrestlers than these guys. Rick Steiner had on yellow headgear and Scott had his black hair tied back in a ponytail. Brian Adams and Konnan came out next, each with bandanas that supposedly made them look cool.

Adams started the match against Rick. Adams couldn’t gain an advantage over the quicker Rick Steiner, who used a few go-behinds to avoid making it into a brawl. Adams tried to squash Rick back into the corner, but Rick slipped out and tagged in Scott. After a gut-wrench suplex, Scott discarded any strategy and pounded Adams with right hands. He threw him to Konnan, who tagged himself in. Rick cried out in frustration, wondering what was going on. Adams grabbed the referee’s shirt as he got up, allowing Konnan enough distraction to throw some powder into Scott’s eyes.

Scott staggered around until clotheslined down. Konnan put the boots to him as Scott tried to shake off blindness. Dunno how that works. Konnan hit a DDT and an elbow drop, then signalled for a rolling clothesline. Konnan bounced off the ropes but Scott threw himself out of the way and blindly reached for the tag. Konnan flopped on his face. Suddenly, CHRIS JERICHO ran down to ringside and distracted the ref. Adams entered, picked up Scott and hit a stunning brainbuster, dropping Scott hard. Rick and Dibiase ran off Jericho, but Konnan rolled over for the 1-2-3. Damn!

Result – Brian Adams and Konnan by pin

Match Reaction = 66.1%

Match Quality = 59.3%

Overall Rating = 67.4%

After the match, Jericho celebrated on the stage while Konnan applauded him from the ring. Rick and Dibiase couldn’t believe it. Scott was livid and shook his head. He said nothing to his team-mates, disgusted with the result.

Brawl Backstage – Where’s the Love?

Tony Schiavone quickly became livid and sent it backstage, where apparently a backstage brawl was about to erupt. We were shown the New World Order locker room, where Curt Hennig, Randy Savage, Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash and Eric Bischoff were all arguing. Savage was the focal point, as he pushed and shoved, trying to get through Nash, Hennig and Bischoff to get to Hogan.

Savage was livid, out-of-control and shouted at Hogan, asking where she is. Savage asked Hogan where she was again. Hogan replied that he didn’t know and told Savage to get out. Hogan kept pointing at Savage threateningly. The show had to go to commercial.

(74.1)

Davey Boy Smith vs. Eddie Guerrero

Davey Boy Smith came out, carrying a British flag. Guerrero came out with Chavo. The two family members walked out together, in unisen. Eddie slid into the ring and smirked at Smith, then avoided a lock-up and went low with a shoulder tackle to take his opponent to the mat. Eddie pounded some fists into the forehead of Guerrero. Eddie got up and laughed arrogantly, unable to help it. Chavo yelled from ringside, telling him to focus. Eddie pulled up Smith and tried to suplex him, but couldn’t get him up.

Smith lifted Eddie clean over his head and pressed him, then dropped him to the mat forcibly. Eddie rolled out to the floor and slid something from under the ring into his hand! Chavo ran over and caught him, yelling at him some more. Chavo grabbed the foreign object from Eddie angerly. Smith reached over and grabbed Eddie by the hair, pulling him back in. Smith suplexed Eddie and then dropped an elbow. Smith picked up Eddie and whipped him off the ropes, but Eddie ducked the clothesline. Eddie knocked Smith from the ring.

Eddie pushed Chavo aside and tried to get that foreign object, but Chavo wouldn’t let him cheat. Eddie blew by and tried to get a chair, but Chavo rolled Smith back into the ring, to safety. Eddie threw down the chair and was livid! He rolled back into the ring and climbed to the top rope, but Smith got up in time to catch Eddie with a punch to the gut. The Bulldog put Eddie on his shoulder and hit a running powerslam for the 1-2-3.

Result – Davey Boy Smith by pin

Match Reaction = 71.6%

Match Quality = 69.0%

Overall Rating = 74.7%

After the match, Eddie shook his head and glared at Chavo. Chavo tried to remind him about family and doing the right thing.

Hogan called for unity

The music of the nWo came up over the speakers. Hollywood Hogan and Eric Bischoff came out together. Hogan did a little bit of a strut, but slid into the ring and didn’t look in a very good mood.

Hogan took a mic and said, “You people shut up,” he began as the fans boo’d him, “I’m out here in the name of unity, so you better listen to me, everybody who’s been mouthing off lately. Especially, you Randy Savage. You should stop worrying about Miss Elizabeth and start worrying about your match tonight, brother. If you really wanted to find out where your woman went to dude, you sure as hell better start looking somewhere other than our looker room.

But Savage, when you’re nWo…you’re nWo for life, brother. So if we have to drag you along like a dead weight, then that’s what we’re gonna do. Lemme tell you somethin’ else dude…we’re gonna both walk into SuperBrawl brother. We’re both gonna walk in as a team, as a group…and you’re gonna support me as I reclaim my title belt. You know, Easy E was right when he said it wasn’t over because….Sting…you got my belt and until I have it back, everything else is secondary, brother. I’m still here, Sting. Next week, we’re gonna be a team and we’re gonna walk all over you, Roddy Piper and whoever else gets in our way, dude. So I only got one question…WHATCHA…gonna do…?”

(86)

Buff Bagwell vs. Ultimo Dragon

The smaller Dragon waited for Bagwell in the ring. However, Bagwell didn’t come out next. Sonny Oono, Yuji Nagata and Los Villanos came out and stood with him. Oono joined the announce team. Bagwell was introduced next, who came out with Madusa. She hung all over him and made gestures at the crowd.

Dragon avoided a lock-up and paced the ring. Bagwell swiped at Dragon, but received only a kick to the knee for his efforts. Dragon hit a dropkick on Bagwell, then another knocked him clean from the ring. Madusa patted Bagwell on the back and encouraged him. Bagwell got back in the ring and pounded Dragon with right hands, then slammed him down. Bagwell choked him. Dragon fought to his feet and hit a sweeping spin kick to level Bagwell.

Dragon climbed to the top rope, but Madusa jumped up and jostled with him. He tossed Madusa off the apron! Dragon had used too much time and Bagwell caught him mid-air. Bagwell hit an overhead fallaway slam for a 1-2. Bagwell rubbed his face into the mat, then hit a Falcon Arrow Suplex that was stunning. Bagwell choked Dragon again. As the referee scolded Bagwell, Madusa came over and choked Dragon some more, using a wire of some type. Suddenly, DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE ran down and grabbed Madusa by the hair, pulling her away from ringside. Bagwell blinked in surprise, climbing from the ring. DDP and Bagwell pounded on each other! Dragon signalled for a plancha! Yay! Oh no! Nagata and Los Villanos ran away from Oono and attacked Dragon in the ring. The referee called for the bell.

Result – Ultimo Dragon by DQ

Match Reaction = 63.5%

Match Quality = 70.2%

Overall Rating = 65.7%

DDP threw Bagwell over the guard rail. Bagwell and Madusa ran away. After the match, DDP was so embroiled in fighting Bagwell, Oono’s group was able to decimate Ultimo Dragon. Los Villanos ravaged Dragon with double-team moves and slams. DDP finally returned to the ring, but Oono’s group bailed, escaping away.

DDP picked up a mic and shouted, “You all think you can take advantage of me…of Dragon…of WCW? Well Buff Bagwell…Sonny…anybody. You got one week of peace until DDP declares war on you.”

(76.2)

MAIN EVENT: Randy Savage vs. Lex Luger

After a short commercial, we were shown Lex Luger, who patiently waited for his opponent. Randy Savage walked out in a paranoid type way. He wasn’t escorted by anyone. Savage slid into the ring and yelled something at Luger. Lex only shook his head. Savage stood back and wouldn’t lock up. It looked like Savage wasn’t going to wrestle Luger. Savage climbed from the ring and walked back up the ramp.

Eric Bischoff and Hogan came out from the back and argued with Savage on the ramp. Savage pointed at Hogan and Hogan pointed at Savage. Savage returned to the ring. Savage ran at Luger and got knocked down with the big forearm. Luger picked up and knocked down Savage several more times, until Savage finally summoned up some legs and delivered hard, right hands. Savage put an elbow to Luger’s chin and kicked him to the mat. Hogan tried to tell Savage what to do from ringside.

Luger ducked a clothesline and Savage tasted a big boot for his efforts. A few more minutes passed with Luger in charge, each time with Savage unable to gain any momentum. Luger worked on Savage’s back and then signalled for the Rack! Savage was able to wiggle out, but then he exitted the ring and tried to take a breather. Hogan came over and yelled at him, then pushed him! Luger reached over and grabbed Savage, pulling him onto the apron. Luger suplexed Savage back into the ring and covered for the 1-2-3.

Result – Lex Luger by pin

After the match, Hogan and Bischoff shoke their heads and left, walking up the ramp. Savage slid back into the corner by himself, just sitting there with his head down. He refused to leave. No Miss Elizabeth in sight. The show faded out on poor Randy Savage.

Match Reaction = 73.0%

Match Quality = 55.6%

Overall Rating = 70.2%

70.0% Overall show

The TV viewing figures for last night are now in: WCW recieved 916,847 viewers for WCW Monday Nitro (decrease of 80,004 viewers from previous show)

Edited by Nottavictim