Harry Potter

Guest Hollywood™

I already have my copy, the lines around here were big but manageable (I was able to walk into the Borders on my way home from work at 11:45 and still walk out with a book [albeit at 1:30 a.m.]) The whole experience wasn't bad: Sit back, relax, read manga for about an hour and a half, walk out with the new issue. I can deal with that... (and when I got back, the book so far isn't half bad.)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I was walking to the pub at about 9:30 and walked past Ottakars. There were already about 10 people there sitting in their little chairs. A couple were reading the fifth one for what I imagine probably the tenth time. Incredibly sad.

I myself have read the first few chapters of 3,4 and 5, but could never be bothered to read more. I'm not really into all that magical stuff.

It's just really simplistic stuff that she writes though. That's one of the things that gets me when I see adults reading it. Sure they enjoy it, fair point, but it's so damn simple. I want to actually think about the book when I'm reading it, and maybe even after.

When I finished reading each of the books, not once did I stop and think "hmm, that bit was good" or "I wonder why that's happening" or anything like that.

Oh, and her need to put in a swerve in every book is so stupid. Especially because the swerves generally are clear as day.

Yeah. I just saw on the news about it.

Some dumb ass little girl with no friends probably, decked herself out in a full witch costume then proceeded to wait...for 18 hours! That means she took the day off school to wait for a book.

I bet that attitude helps her pass GCSEs

Harry Potter books are evil because of a convo I just had with my friend.

Me: Hey, whats up?

Him: Nothing, just finished reading the Harry Potter book.

Me: Umm... Okay, what are you doing tonight?

Him: I don't know.

Me: Let's go get laid.

Him: Nah, I think I am going to reread the Harry Potter Book.

Me: :huh:

Harry Potter Books are EVIL!!!!!1!!

I know what happens. (Y)

Actually walked into a shop and read the last 2 chapters without buying and just walked out when I was finished.

Here's what happens, don't look if you don't want to know....

Snape is revealed as the Half Blood Prince

Malfoy becomes a death eater and sets out to kill Dumbledore

Snape kills Dumbledore

Harry rids the world of Voldermort, so Snape is the new leader

The last chapter is about the burial of Dumbledore

Harry sets out to seek revenge on Malfoy and Snape.

Can't wait for the seventh book. Least Alan Rickman will get more time in the films. He's so badly underused.

I'll probably wait until they're all films then watch those. Books take a LONG time to read, for me anyways. I like to digest every little thing. I've only seen the first film though, which was a bit weird.

Seriously, a big fat hairy Scotsman approaches a young English boy and tells him he's 'special' and stuff and takes him away somewhere...I bet Michael Jackson's a huge fan.

Its weird hearing people say they read these books when they were younger, it sounds like some 80 year old man speaking about the bible or something, this is harry potter, you couldn't of been that much younger when they first came out.

Don't you think its wrong that they're releasing a childrens book at 12am? maybe they should release it at 4pm, after school has finished, rather than children waiting in the streets at midnight.

I read the first one, it was easy to read, but that didn't mean it was good, infact I thought it was pretty shit, I made it my duty not to read the rest.

Wait, so the big storyline of the book is Harry trying to kill Voldegart and he does it in the second last book? Defeats the build up for five books, doesn't it?

Guest J_Lethal

Apparently someone sent me the book thru e-mail and typed it up word for word, can someone retype like the first couple of sentences so I know if Its legit?

I'm almost 20. I read Harry Potter. I'm willing to admit it. :)

I wish Rowling would stop with the character deaths. It's getting to the point where you start getting comfortable with a character, and bam, they're dead. I make a pretty pathetic sight crying my eyes out at 4 AM, thank you very much.

now final question for those of you who have read the book...Who's R.A.B?

I'm almost 20. I read Harry Potter. I'm willing to admit it. :)

I wish Rowling would stop with the character deaths. It's getting to the point where you start getting comfortable with a character, and bam, they're dead. I make a pretty pathetic sight crying my eyes out at 4 AM, thank you very much.

now final question for those of you who have read the book...Who's R.A.B?

I don't know for sure, but I'm going to place my bets on Sirius Black's brother, the Death Eater who fled...wasn't he killed by Voldemort for something?