Nelly To Perform A Rap 1st....

Guest NewRulesRFatal0

All of Nelly's raps are pop-friendly though.  It'd be one thing if we had some hardcore gangsta that doesn't usually delve into pop doing something like this.  But every single Nelly has ever released has had a pop flavor to it.

Like monkey said, he's capable of making decent rap songs that wouldn't necessarily sell well. Most of the stuff he's done is radio-friendly, but maybe Suit will be a completely different side of him.

And OutKast are a rap group, even if Andre didn't rap on The Love Below.

Also, I don't mind if Nelly comes back on the radio.  If I hear Confessions Part 2 or Burn by Usher again, I'll pull my hair out.

You probably don't want Nelly back either. They'll do what they're doing to Usher now, and it might be worse. Confessions 2 and Burn are fucking horrible too.

"When I first came out I was representing my city hard," Nelly added. "Now I'm trying to explain so much more. I think both albums show my growth creatively and personally."

Note to Nelly, fuck explaining. Fuck your growth. Go back to repping. Country Grammar was INFINITELY better than that garbage Nellyville album, which I never should have bought. CG was good, and you're career's gone to shit since.

What a greedy piece of shit :mellow: Also add that he is also a liar(what a weak explanation). I wish I had wand right now, and a hippogriff, I'd find him and put some curse that will shut Nelly up forever. (My Harry Potter Crazyness will die down when my Spidey Senses Tingle around June 30th) :D

Edited by Laice_

I think it's funny. Funny that Nelly thinks so low of his heritage and culture that he expects them to buy two albums.

And a little off topic, but I've always noticed something:

A rock group, or any other type of music, really, will make, let's say, fifty songs. And then they take the very best of them, about ten or twelve, and release an album. They will do this every few years. It seems like rappers will make 20 songs, 19 of which are mediocre, stick all twenty on an album, and then four months later, after they've written another twenty songs, they release another. They don't care about quality at all, just quantity.

If Nelly has that many songs where he has to release two albums, rather than release two CD's with only two good songs each, he should just release, let's say, just one CD with nothing but good songs on it. Maybe then he would gain some of his fanbase back.

But then again, if that many people are dumb enough to buy his albums, then I guess it was a good idea afterall. Not a very respectful idea, but a profitable one.

And a little off topic, but I've always noticed something:

A rock group, or any other type of music, really, will make, let's say, fifty songs.  And then they take the very best of them, about ten or twelve, and release an album.  They will do this every few years.  It seems like rappers will make 20 songs, 19 of which are mediocre, stick all twenty on an album, and then four months later, after they've written another twenty songs, they release another.  They don't care about quality at all, just quantity.

Please don't base your assumptions about all rappers on Nelly.

Guest Contra Nomics

nel·ly or nel·lie ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nl)

n. Offensive Slang pl. nel·lies

Used as a disparaging term for an effeminate homosexual man

- dictionary.com

The truth comes out!

Guest 12characters

So, how is it that Nelly is called the first rap act to release two CDs on the same day, when the Insane Clown Posse, who are rap artists, released 2 CDs on the same day 4 years ago?

One of our music channels over here consider them alternative and played an ICP song in their all-rock show.