My Friend's Burnt CD

apsham

I don't see how anyone can like Alexisonfire, I hate them....

1. New Found Glory - So Many Ways - meh

2. Alkaline Trio - Jaked On Green Beers - Good

3. Midtown - Like A Movie - Good

4. From First To Last - Such A Tradgedy - Never heard of

5. Senses Fail - Buried A Lie - Never Heard of

6. Alkaline Trio - Radio - Good

7. Fallout Boy - Dead On Arrival- Never Heard of

8. The Used - Just A Little - Band good, vocalist crap

9. Thrice - Artist In The Ambulance - Awesome

10. Sugarcult - Memory - Awesome

11. Autopilot Off - What I Want - Good

12. Alkaline Trio - Warbrain - Good

13. Senses Fail - Bite To Break Skin - Good

14. Yellowcard - Finish Line - Not one of there good songs

15. Midtown - Just Rock'n'Roll - Good

16. alexisonfire - Waterwings (to make fun of heh) - pure crap

17. Billy Talent - River Below - Decent, other songs better

18. blink-182 - Not Now - Never heard the song

19. Story Of The Year - And The Hero Will Drown - good

20. Alkaline Trio - Hell Yes - Good

21. Hidden In Plain View - The Chaser - never heard of

22. Autopilot Off - Nothing Frequency - Good

Rating: 5/10

I don't see how anyone can like Alexisonfire, I hate them....

Well, there's this crazy thing going around called appreciating good music. Weird huh?

Alright, all joking aside, alexis isn't for everyone. Most people just see it as a bunch of noise, but if you get past it, it's actually really awesome to listen to. Besides that, chances are the only songs you've heard are the ones they play on MuchMusic, so you haven't heard it all. I can't make you like it, but I can ask you to give it a try. Track downa copy of the CD and listen to it all the way through unbiased. Then tell me what you think of it. You might not like it, but I assure you that you won't call it pure crap.

Edited by caucasianheat

"Screamo" (as the pundits want to call it) is an interesting genre. It shares a lot in common with thrash metal, truth be told, as the screaming melodies are an interesting -- but often off-center -- twist on the accepted alternative bunch. Musically, the bands are often tight and very talented, with structures that are logical but also inventive. It's the vocals that ultimately set apart the songs, but oftentimes turn me away, as it somewhat ruins the vibe of the music that accompanies it.

Don't know who said that if AOF didn't scream it wouldn't be popular, Watch Out, their new album came out on June 8 in Canada. It has everything to be a breakout album. Less screaming, more melodic. They said to the press that they feel the Sell Out chants coming already but Georges said that it wouldn't have been right to do a second copy of their first album & he didn't feel that screaming on all song would have been great. All this to say, let's close this topic right now & we'll watch how thing unfold in a couple of months for them.

I've been a fan of Alexisonfire for a very long time.

And I like their new album. Defintely not a "sell-out" album. I would call them sell-outs if they stopped screaming and sounded like Sum 41, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, etc. But they are still something that is very different for a mainstream audience.

For all those on here who never said they've listened to Senses Fail, I highly reccommend you find a way ;) to listen to a little song called. "The Irony Of Dying On Your Birthday" or something along those lines, because when I got it it was mislabeled as Martini Kiss. If you guys like alexisonfire then you'll definatly like this more organized stuff. Senses Fail is a great band period, both their new and old album.