WWE - November 2003

Essa

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

WWE SMACKDOWN PREVIEW FOR 11/27/03

Just seven days ago we saw Smackdown end with Kurt Angle standing over both the champion Brock Lesnar and arguably the number one contender, Chris Benoit. Both Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit think they should be named the number one contender for Brock Lesnar's Undisputed Title. But tonight they are not competitors, they are a team as they will take on the United States Champion Big Show, and Paul Heyman's own personal security guard Rhyno in our main event. This will certainly be interesting because both Benoit and Angle want to prove that they are the top contender, and what better way to do that then by pinning the United States Champion or a Man Beast?

But that's not all. Tonight on Smackdown, Rey Mysterio gets another Cruiserweight Title shot at Tajiri, after winning the Cruiserweight Battle Royal last week on Smackdown. Rey went through nine other cruiserweights last week, and now gets one more chance to prove that he is the best cruiserweight in the world. The only question here is, What role will Tajiri's faction, Kyo Dai, play in this match?

Also, last week we saw the powerful team of Matt Morgan and Nathan Jones win the #1 Contendorship for Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas's Tag Team Titles. But after a post match scuffle, they have agreed to put the #1 Contendorship on the line tonight against The APA, and Doug Basham with a partner that will be revealed at show time. Who will this mystery man be? Only time will tell.

We will also see the returning Sean O'Haire take on Rikishi, as well as John Cena, Kane, Ernest "The Cat" Miller, and all of your favorite Smackdown Superstars in action.

FWWE SMACKDOWN PREDICTIONS

Sean O'Haire vs Rikishi

The APA vs Nathan Jones & Matt Morgan vs Doug Basham & Mystery Partner

Three Bonus Points For Guessing Doug's Partner

Eddie Guerrero vs A-Train

Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle vs Rhyno & Big Show

Get rid of Letitititititiitia

I came into this saying to myself, "Why, dear God, Essa.....why do Tough Enough....."

But it was actually quite entertaining. I hope you can develop some characters, maybe some interviews and commentaries from the guys as the tasks are taking place.

Keep up the good work, and congrats on the pinning :)

Get rid of Letitititititiitia

I came into this saying to myself, "Why, dear God, Essa.....why do Tough Enough....."

But it was actually quite entertaining. I hope you can develop some characters, maybe some interviews and commentaries from the guys as the tasks are taking place.

Keep up the good work, and congrats on the pinning :)

Guest Mr McFarlane

*gets into the sexay FWWE*

RAW ME -

Trips

Raw Midcarders -

Randy Orton

Scott Steiner

Raw Women -

Lucy (Prrow.)

Raw Weapons -

Annouce Table

Title Belts

Smack ME -

Kurt Angle

Smack Mid -

Rey Mysterio Jr

Chavo Guerrero

Smack Slu...Women & Managers -

Paul Heyman

Smack Weapons -

Security Barrier

SD!!!!!!!!!111144424921049101!!49012490 Picks

Sean O'Haire vs Rikishi

Three Bonus Points For Guessing Doug's Partner - Mark Henry

Edited by Angry Kouboon

RAW UPPER TIER

Choose One Person

Chris Jericho - Over: 95

RAW MIDCARD

Choose TWO People

Maven - Over: 71

Randy Orton - Over: 78

RAW WOMEN & MANAGERS

Choose One

Molly Holly - Over: 79

RAW WEAPONS

Choose One From The Top List OR Two From The Bottom

LIST ONE

Chair

SMACKDOWN UPPER TIER

Choose One

John Cena Over: 85

SMACKDOWN MIDCARD

Choose TWO

Paul London - Over: 60

Rhyno - Over: 81

SMACKDOWN WOMEN & MANAGERS

Choose One

Dawn Marie - Over: 71

SMACKDOWN WEAPONS

LIST ONE

Chair

--------------------------------------

My picks

Sean O'Haire vs Rikishi

Three Bonus Points For Guessing Doug's Partner -

And I vote off Leslie Gorchesky

Sean O'Haire vs Rikishi--Hopefully O'Haire won't return with a job

Three Bonus Points For Guessing Doug's Partner--I'll take a flying guess and say Chavo Guerrero

Eddie Guerrero vs A-Train--I smell shady dealings afoot

Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle vs Rhyno & Big Show--Then Kurt and Chris have the UBER-INTENSE STAREDOWN!

For TE, Letitia's gotta go...the "self-esteem problem" gimmick is fucking depressing. :thumbsup:

RAW UPPER TIER

Choose One Person

Triple H - Over: 95

RAW MIDCARD

Choose TWO People

Randy Orton - Over: 78

Test - Over: 75

RAW WOMEN & MANAGERS

Choose One

Eric Bischoff - Over: 92

RAW WEAPONS

LIST ONE

Chair

SMACKDOWN UPPER TIER

Choose One

Kurt Angle Over: 99

The Undertaker Over: 89

SMACKDOWN MIDCARD

Choose TWO

Sean O'Haire - Over: 74

Shelton Benjamin - Over: 74

Choose One

Torrie Wilson - Over: 75

SMACKDOWN WEAPONS

LIST ONE

Ring Post

SD Predictions

Sean O'Haire

Nathan Jones & Matt Morgan

Johnny Stamboli as Doug's partner.

Eddie Guerrero

Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle

And I vote Letitia. Go back to the Addams family, bitch.

Edited by Chris2K

I'm tremendously behind on the other stuff, but that Tough Enough was kick ass.

I vote to cut "Ass-Kiss" Lacour. I'd normally go with the disrespectful Mack, but that stuff makes for good reading.

More feedback to come as I get caught up.

Wow! This has to be one of the greatest WWE Retro diary diaries (if you can call it that) I've ever seen on this board!!! I mean, the matches are good and long, (how I like them) with huge amounts of detail in them! Hope this continues, and you start updating more, cause I want more!!! Anyways, good luck man!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RAW UPPER TIER

Choose One Person

Rob Van Dam - Over: 90

RAW MIDCARD

Choose TWO People

Batista - Over: 69

Road Warrior Animal - Over: 79

RAW WOMEN & MANAGERS

Choose One

Trish Stratus - Over: 87

RAW WEAPONS

LIST ONE

Chair

SMACKDOWN UPPER TIER

Choose One

Chris Benoit - Over: 89

SMACKDOWN MIDCARD

Choose TWO

Sean O'Haire - Over: 72

Shelton Benjamin - Over: 74

Choose One

Paul Heyman - Over: 85

SMACKDOWN WEAPONS

LIST TWO

Title Belts

Announce Table

Predictions for the upcoming SmackDown!

Sean O'Haire vs Rikishi

Three Bonus Points For Guessing Doug's Partner - His Mystery Partner will be... Tajiri!!!

As for Tough Enough, liking it so far, but, you need to cut Letitia, because, if she can't do a bump, bacause she doesn't think shes very good at it, and that shes not as good as the rest of the guys, and a guy almost injures himself doing it right, then she just plain out sucks. So, yea. thats my elimination, and the reason for it. Hurry the next show up, please! Can't wait!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Essa has indeed done a lot of diaries. I was reminded of his first diary the other day as I plead for him to help me in the quest to return The System that I actually helped him with some gimmicks for his first diary, back in the day... or about 2 1/2 years ago. So, in exchange for his PM to Midget, I decided that I would do anything for Essa to do it and have even risked my membership here at EWB. That's right. I agreed on reviewing his diary, as in-depth as I possibly could, with a deadline of Midnight between Saturday and Sunday, or I'm banned. That is how far I'd go just to see all my fellow EWB'ers happy. I was also glad to do it for Midgey and The System.

So, let's begin our journey into the warped mind that is, Essa and the much less warped mind of Chris2k. Keep in mind that I've never really reviewed a diary so I may be off on some things I don't cover. Just bear with me and you'll be fine.

To begin, I must say I actually enjoyed reading the diary. Lots of good writing involved from the Spin Zone "leader", if you will, and his cohort. It was a good setting to start the diary as it would be a fine time to focus on rebuilding and restoring the WWE. A couple of aspects that other diaries don't have came up on this one, with Tough Enough standing out the most.

I think the diary began on the wrong foot. I mean, I understand that the backstory can be a drag to write and come up with. I have a few diaries to my belt, so I know the trials and tribulations that go into writing a backstory. However, it isn't always a bad thing. In my latest diary I actually had FUN writing the backstory. I think a short backstory might have been at least enjoyable here. It's alright, though. I can get past the backstory thing and move right on to the actual importance of the diary.

Overall, the shows are very well made. I'm a big fan of the match style used for this diary as I use a similar style myself myself, and it higlights the true quality of the match. Essa has got a great head on his shoulders for typing up some interesting matches, no matter the competitors. He does a fantastic job of telling a story, and I don't doubt his ability to be a solid writer at all. The other part of the shows, the promos, are also pretty damn good. Chris does a great job in putting over workers with promos. Keeping to a gimmick is also a good thing, I enjoyed reading these. I like that he can also place some humor in there. Nice touch. They both seem to have their niche, but when they reverse roles it also comes off looking very professional. Similar styles mesh well, and that's the case here. The mix of writers later on, even though I thought it would be a train wreck, turned out to be a pretty damn good show, and shows that with great writers anything can be accomplished. Great, great stuff overall.

Somethings WERE iffy though. Earlier in the diary, there was a segment involving Animal, Jericho, and Christian. While it was all well written, and such. I just felt that it really shouldn't have been there. I mean the diary prides itself on being realistic, and I don't think Vince has the gaul to allow something like this on his show. It's not that it's really distasteful, it's just that it seemed rather inappropriate even for the WWE.

Another thing as I press the fast forward button a bit on the diary is not really something bad, but something that seemed off. That was the character of Bill DeMott in his speech on Velocity. He seemed a bit, I dunno, plain. Knowing how DeMott was before, he wouldn't really be such an upright citizen and due to Heyman not caring really about the General Manager of Velocity, you'd think that DeMott would take the job himself. It's just something I felt was sort of off.

What I loved about this diary were two big things. First, the Fantasy WWE game. Great thinking on the part of Essa to implement this into the diary. It's a great way to get people more into the diary and give them a bigger incentive to read the show more carefully and catch their selected superstars to see what they're going to do next. It's an attention grabber meanwhile it's added fun for the reader of the diary.

Second, I LOOOOVED Tough Enough. You have been able to capture every element of that show down to a tee. Each character had a personality and you just exploited everyone for the little whores that they are. I liked that you used Kanyon as one of the trainers, as it gets to put him over as a guy who knows what he's doing in the business and isn't just a joke. Billy Kidman was also a good choice, but I would've gone with someone more experienced than him. The ony trainer I didn't like was Gail Kim as I think she's been in the business too short a time to really be held in any sort of high regard as a trainer. Nevertheless, you've captured Tough Enough in a great way. I love how realistic the Al Snow character is. Enrique Mastabez is OBVIOUSLY going to win, by the way. :shifty:

In essence, you've got a very nice and interesting diary here. With much fan interraction to be had all around the diary, I don't think you'll be losing any readers anytime soon even if you have to put it on pause for a while. I know that doing this review has interested me in continuing to read the diary. Although, I will have to point out things I agree with (Jericho with the IC Title) and things I don't (Cade getting the win over Batista). You've got a reader in me. Of course, there's also room for improvement, but I'm sure that you'll get kinks working just fine as you continue it.

Overall Score: 9/10 - For great and interesting writing, entertainable elements, and some minorly needed improvement on decisions for storyline purposes, but I'm not really the one that has to judge that, you do.

Hope you like this,

LivingLegend

Thanks for the good review Legend. You brought up a couple of good criticisms. I won't really address them because I think you're write in just about all of them. DeMott DID come off as bland in that promo. Cade SHOULDN'T have gone over Batista cleanly. And maybe I shouldn't have done the whole Animal/Jericho/Christian angle. Anyway, thinks for living up to your part of the deal. Good review.

And as for a bit of a status report on Smackdonw. I'm about sixty percent done with Smackdown. :shifty: But, I had to put writing on hold for about a week for a personal issue. I just got back on track today with the writing. So it shouldn't be too long until it's written.

So, uh, anybody else want to review it while we wait? :shifty: