WWE - November 2003

Essa

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in Cade's manager. It seems it'll be somebody from HBK's past, but I'm not too sure who..

The ladder match sounds awesome, but I get the feeling Animal and Christian won't work together well. At least it'll be somewhat of a high profile victory for Christian if he picks up the win.

The Triple Threat reeks of WCW, and I don't much like the stench. As crazy as it may seem, I'm actually pulling for The Game in this one.

Table Match looks solid, and I'm hoping Orton and Batista pick up the win if for no other reason than to give Orton some gold.

All in all, good show with some nice hype for Armageddon. I'll be waiting for SmackDown!

Please, please do more of the Hugo/Malenko stuff on Heat. I was laughing my ass off reading that. The best WWE diary on the boards at the moment. One thing: Bring Gail Kim back from Tough Enough!! She is better in the ring, in my opinion, and can be used for a variety of storylines, and, more or less, to build up the Women's Division more. Not that you want to... :unsure:

Nice Show. Interested in who Cade's new manager is, as I have no idea who it is, so that should be interesting. Hope that Orton and Batista win, just because I think it would be interesting to see the Dudleyz lose a tag team tables match, and to get gold on both Orton and Batista. Hope Christian wins the match with Animal...just because Animal is way too past his prime to beat Christian, the leader of the "Peep-ulation." Hope RVD regains his Intercontinental Championship, being as this is his specialty, a Ladder match. Also, glad I was correct in predicting that the Main Event for Armageddon would be, in fact, a triple Threat Match. Liked the show, all in all. Can't Wait for Smackdown. Later!

NEWS AND NOTES FOR WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 3

Injury Report

Big news as far as injuries go, as one of the top main eventers in the WWE is out with a neck injury. WWE Champion Brock Lesnar will miss approximately eight months. Brock has been complaining of a sore neck recently, and after his match at the Smackdown Tapings Tuesday night, he was X-Rayed. The results were not good, and an immediate surgery is needed to repair it.

Indy Signings

Eric Angle has signed an open contract with ACW.

Big Vito has signed an open contract with CZW.

Psychosis has signed an open contract with RoH.

Juventud Guerrera has left CZW to work for RoH.

Teddy Hart will make apperances for CMLL.

Mr. Aguila will do some work for MXPW.

Low Ki has signed an open contract with MLW.

Competition for WWE?

TNA has recently reached global status. They have television and pay per view exposure, and have now made efforts to make sure they have a consistent talent base.

Raven, Jerry Lynn, Shane Douglas, BG James, Konnan, Glenn Gilbertti, Danny Doring, Roadkill, The Sandman, Kid Kash, Simon Diamond, Johnny Swinger, Vampiro, AJ Styles, Ron Killings, Joe E Legend, James Mitchell, Sonny Siaki, Desire, X, Erik Watts, Jimmy Hart, Don Callis, Dusty Rhodes, and Lollipop have all agreed to work exclusively for TNA.

With their rise to the global level, TNA has decided to sign some wrestlers that are more for name value, than an in ring product. Ken Shamrock and The Macho Man, Randy Savage have now signed exclusive deals with TNA.

NO WAY OUT TO BE REPLACED?

For the past years, a growing trend has been No Way Out getting a poor buy rate. The February Pay Per View has always been viewed as just taking up time until WrestleMania. The WWE is considering replacing No Way Out with more of a specialty show. We're unsure now as to what this show could be, but we'll tell you more when we hear it.

SMACKDOWN TITLE SITUATION?

With Brock Lesnar injured, the booking team for Smackdown has decided to run with a tournament on Smackdown to decide a new champion. The tournament could start as soon as next week's Smackdown.

Remember, Tough Enough comes before Smackdown. I'll put a preview up for Tough Enough later.

All right. I'm here for some much overdue feedback.

I really like Nowinski in Evolution. I can see him really buying into the gimmick. I didn't, however, care for the Three Stooges spot with him getting taken out by the door. I fully believe Nowinski could make this work and Flair as well, but comedy's never been a strong suit for Dave or Trips. I don't know. Seems like it'd come off kinda goofy.

Goldberg over Bischoff was amusing, but I find myself wondering about the road less travelled. It'd be neat to see Bisch using a guy he can claim to have created to destroy his WWE nemesis and give us that Goldberg/Austin confrontation that never really paid off. Of course, I don't know how well 'Berg'd work as a monster heel or if Austin would be physically able to work the angle, but whatever. I'm here to read and review, not do my own fantasy booking.

Which brings me to the Goldberg/Nash confrontation. I have to start by saying that Goldberg was perfect and makes a great dominant champion. The rambling Nash end of the promo, however, was pretty weak. Post nWo face Nash always seems to carry a class clown sort of vibe, and I have a hard time reading him just drone on and on about serious business. It just didn't sound like Big Kev, I guess.

Molly destroying Jacquie was decent and an obvious set-up for a new diva to debut. Gail Kim? Alexis Laree? I don't know who you have in mind, but this has me intrigued at least to see who can bring Molly down.

I remember talking the La Res/Stacy segment over with you on MSN ages ago. I'm glad you finally got around to using it and I got around to reading it, because it's great stuff. Good to see that Conway might be a French sympathizer, but his heart still pumps good old red, white, and blue American horndog.

Can't help but think Trish is playing Bubba. Otherwise... uh... I'm kinda grossed out. I mean I like Bubba and all, but... :puke:

I liked how the six-man tag match set up a big trio of matches for 'Geddon, altho I'm kinda weirded out about Animal vs. Christian. I suppose that's to be expected, tho. Austin's announcements were perfect, and you almost made the "What?!" chants palatable.

I love the mystery of Cade's manager. This is the sort of drama that's sorely lacking in the current WWE product. I've got my pick, but have to wonder if she's up to crooning Jindrak and Cade's new theme song. ;)

During the break, Lawler got his ass beat down. That's always a good thing. Lucy's a good fit for the Test/Steiner freakshow... so to speak.

The main event was suitably overbooked for a RAW ending, tho the Evolution beatdown really makes the Nowinski shenanigans at the top of the show all the more ridiculous.

So, some stuff worked, some stuff didn't. In all, tho, it was a thoroughly enjoyable read. I'll do my best to catch up and be back around with comments when the next show is posted. (Y)

user posted image

Tough Enough started just last week but there have already been quite a few exciting developments. We've already seen someone cry, friends have been made, enemies have been made, and we've almost seen a trainer/student fight.

Week two has even more in store for the new cast of Tough Enough students, as we will see the first cut of the season. Also, this week we will see the remaining Tough Enough students enter the house that they will be staying in for the next couple months. They will also be introduced to a special trainer for this week. You know him as The Phattest Man on the Planet, Rikishi! Tune in this Wednesday at 10 PM, and decide for yourself just who really is Tough Enough!

Yeah, the man and the myth has returned. Good to see some product from ya, Essa...now let's see if the entree tastes as good as it looks. I'll offer a comment here since it'll still be couple of more weeks 'til I can get back to shoot the shit with ya on AIM.

--Love Nowinski in Evolution, and I kinda have to disagree with Ray on the comedy spot. Chris can definitely function quite well as the group's tackling dummy, and I thought it was even funnier that Flair and HHH were totally oblivious to him getting drilled by the door. Sure, it came off silly, but for the early going, that should be the best way to play Nowinski...until the time comes for him to get that big win that'll make everyone take him seriously.

--I was sort of taken aback seeing Goldberg and Bischoff as the opener, but if Eric's not a GM anymore, than he'll make a fine Jobber to the Stars, I suppose.

--I'm a big fan of history and continuity in promos, but it's kind of odd getting it from Kevin Nash, of all people. It sells the intensity of the rivalry, but like Ray said, it just sounded a little too serious for Nash. And the Triple Threat match just seemed really out of nowhere. Austin setting that one up after breaking up a brawl or something would have worked a bit better, I think.

--Molly kicking the shit out of anyone gets a big (Y) from me...but for Jacqueline, I'll give (Y) (Y) .

--Conway/Jindrak was a match that had a lot more to it than it had any business having. I liked the nod to Jindrak's sub-par selling with his "arm being magically healed." And the fact that Conway was fixated on Stacy while Dupree and Grenier simply shrugged...that made me laugh out loud. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a French Billy and Chuck. (Would that make him LeChuck?)

--Bubba is definitely one of those guys that you'd believe would be awkward with a Diva in his locker room, and that segment was nicely done. And Bubba being late to the match...yeah. I'll refrain from further comment. (H)

--BAM! I love the segments where a GM/owner/authority figure/head honcho can believably set up half a pay-per-view at once. And it's three solid-looking matches...even though I'll be real curious to see the ratings for Christian v. Animal. If if gets over ***, Christian should go to the main event immediately, because he would officially be Jesus at this point.

--Lucy with Test and Steiner...I'm still bummed that I didn't think of that. Good segment there, with Michaels eating table. Waiting for the segment next week where HBK questions Cade about his whereabouts. As for the new manager...male or female? PM me, because I don't think I ever saw this in any chats.

--Nash and Goldberg forced to team up against Triple H and, let's say, Nowinski next week? Oh, yes, my friend, you wanna do it. :shuriken:

--FWWE seemed like a bitch to maintain, and I don't think anybody will really miss it. Especially not if it causes more regular updates.

Fine show, only a few hints of rust here and there. Now, we'll see how many times stonecoldfan can postwhore between now and Tough Enough.

Very good read. Sucks that Lesnar went down with an injury, but the tourament is something I am looking forward to. I didn't read from the very beginning, but rather from page 11. What I saw, I liked and will stick this in my favorites.

Peace!

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

WWE TOUGH ENOUGH

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 3

THE TRAINERS DELIBERATE

As the feed begins, "Dead Cell" by Papa Roach is playing while they show a profile of all the contestants. They show a little bit of Bob Jenkins, Brian Greggs, Enrique Mastabez, Gary Cahill, Hector Trazpeno, Jeffrey Lacour, Jenna Lawton, Kimberley Hanton, Kristin Downey, Lawrence Carter, Leslie Gorchesky, Letitia Whiteley, Mack Strents, Nigel Fairweather Marshall, Rachel Watson and Rodney Griffin before showing some clips of past TE winners, and the trainers.

After the little opening video package we cut right to Traxx. We see all sixteen students standing up in front of their customized steel chairs. The video fades out a little bit and we see Al Snow facing them with Kanyon, Gail Kim and Kidman standing behind him against the ring. Snow paces back and forth before speaking.

Al Snow: You were all told that there would be a cut before you moved in to the house tonight. So, let's get on with it...

Chris Kanyon: Actually, before we get on with the cut, I just got a little something I want to get off my chest. Ya know, you guys were picked to come here so you can come here and train under four world class athletes. And what'dya some of ya guys do? Ya half assed it. I took ya outside to run, and just about half of ya came in walkin'. Well, let me tell ya this right now that [bleep] isn't gonna fly. I'm not gonna mention names, because ya know who ya are, but if I see that again ya might as well just pack your [bleep] up and go. Alright Al, the floor is yours.

Al Snow: Thanks Chris, but now let's get down to business. Here's how this is going to work. I'm going to walk around you all and, if I tell you to sit down that means you have survived the cut and will keep on training. If you end up being the last person standing, then that means you are cut. Any questions?

Al waits for a response but doesn't get one.

Al Snow: Okay, then let's get on with it.

Snow walks between the two rows of eight before stopping at Hector Trazpeno.

Al Snow: Hector, you performed great in the running drill. You bumped well off the ropes, and you learned the back bump well. Hector, congratulations you're safe.

Snow and Trazpeno shake hands, but all the while Hector is trying to avoid being in the direct focus of the camera. Anyway, Snow starts to circle again, before sitting Lacour, and Nigel Fairweather Marshall down. He starts to circle again before stopping at Bob Jenkins.

Al Snow: Jenkins, you showed a lot of heart when you kept on running even though you were totally drained. The effort will get you past this cut, but you're definitely going to need to work on your endurance if you're going to expect to win this thing. You may sit.

Jenkins sits after receiving somewhat of a compliment. Snow walks around again, as the video shows Hanton, Lawton and Cahill sitting down. Then it goes back to Snow in motion. Leslie Gorchesky, Rodney Griffin, Brian Greggs, Letitia Whiteley, Lawrence Carter, Mack Strents, Kristin Downey, Rachel Watson, and Mastabez are still left standing. He stops at Griffin.

Al Snow: Rodney, let me just tell you that I was pleasantly surprised to see someone of your age group making it this far. Heh, I think it might get a little awkward when I start calling you one of my kids. But anyway, Rodney, you're safe.

As Rodney sits, the video also shows Brian Greggs, Kristin Downey, Rachel Watson, Lawrence Carter, and Enrique Mastabez all sitting down. This leaves us with Leslie Gorchesky, Letitia Whiteley, and Mack Strents standing there. Gorchesky and Mack are standing there looking manly... which is really scary for Gorchesky. Letitia on the other hand has her eyes watering and looks to have shed a tear or two. Al Snow circles for a lot longer this time, making all three of them sweat it out. Snow then stops in front of...

Al Snow: If you plan on winning this thing, you've got to believe in yourself. You did great in the running exercise, and you did good after I had a talk with you during the bumping exercise, but I'm not going to hold your hand through this. From here on out you're going to have to do just have faith in yourself, and believe that you can do it. You've got the ability, but do you have the heart? We'll have to wait and see. But, Letitia, you are safe.

Letitia, crying more now despite not being cut, sits down and starts to smile for making it past the first cut. There are now only two left. Al Snow walks around in front of the final two students, knowing full well that one of them will be cut. He stops in front of Leslie...

Al Snow: Leslie, you're obviously a very muscular girl with some athleticism. But I think in this competition your physique may work against you. The bumps you took were definitely not the best we saw, and I think it has something to do with your size. I'm sorry Leslie, but we just don't see enough talent, heart or character to keep you here any longer. I'm very sorry, but Leslie Gorchesky, you are cut.

Leslie starts to cry and nod her head in acceptance of losing.

Leslie Gorchesky: Thonk (pronounced thonk, not thank) you all veddy veddy much for the opp-o-tune-ity.

Leslie starts to head for the door, as the girls hug her and say their goodbyes, while the guys decide they would much rather just wave goodbye to the muscleheaded female. As they are all saying their goodbyes, Al Snow confronts Mack Strents.

Al Snow: Look, that [bleep] you pulled, throwing in your sarcastic comments while I am trying to teach you all what it takes to succeed in this business is, better stop and stop now. I wanted so bad to get rid of you this week, but Gail, Bill and Chris persuaded me to give you one more chance. And believe me Strents, you are getting one and only one more chance. If you pull that [bleep] again, your ass is going to be out that door two seconds later. So consider this a warning. Oh, and just a word of advice... You better perform well this week, because you're still at the top of my list as far as future cuts go. So go out there and give it your all, or you're next. You got that?

Mack Strents: Yeah, I got it.

Al Snow: Good. Alright, everybody let's get you to your new house for your time here at Tough Enough.

The camera shows everybody loading into a few SUV's. They all seem pumped up except for Letitia, as usual, and Mack Strents who seems kind of bummed after getting bitched out twice by Al Snow. We then go to a testimonial from Leslie, which will most likely just be her farewell. She is dabbing at her face with a tissue, so she's still kind of crying.

Leslie Gorchesky: Eet was fun but Meester Snow not think I good and tough enough so I leave now. I wish I will win but I not.

Overall: 42

Leslie Gorchesky gained overness

HOME, SWEET HOME

user posted image

We see the SUV's driving down a long, winding driveway, which eventually leads up to a big huge house. Everyone gets out of their SUV's and walks towards the door when John "Big" Gaburick walks out the front door and waves them all inside. They all gawk at the house from the outside, while waving to Big. They all enter the house and sit down in the huge living room on the wrap around couch that covers most of the room.

Big: Out of thousands and thousands of applicants, the fifteen of you have made it this far. You survived the initial casting call, and the first cut, and now it is my pleasure to welcome you all into my home. Over the course of the next eleven weeks this will be your place of residence, and I expect you all to treat it like you would treat your house. Ya know, so keep your feet off the furniture, wash the dishes, and make sure you don't piss on the seat. Because, A it'll piss me off, and B it'll piss off your roommates. See, living in this house serves two purposes. It gives you a place to stay during your training, and it also helps to give you a taste of what life is like on the road. The two of you that do receive the WWE contracts will have to be traveling, and bunking up with roommates for at least five days a week, sometimes six and sometimes seven. You'll learn that life on the road is very tough, and while it might not be too tough here, it will be a small taste of what you're getting into. With that said, there are five bedrooms in this house, and there are fifteen of you. Split yourselves up into groups, and then pick your bedrooms. I'll check in with you guys later.

ROOMS

Room One: Two Beds - King Size, Flowery Decorations, with Diva Posters on the Wall

Room Two: Three Beds - Two King, One Queen, Pictures and Posters of Raw Superstars

Room Three: Three Beds - King Size, Pitchers and Posters of Smackdown Superstars

Room Four: Three Beds - One Twin, One Set of Bunk Beds, No Ventilation

Room Five: Four Beds - Two Sets of Bunk Beds, Very Small, No Ventilation

Jenna Lawton: So, like, we were all thinking that there'd be five rooms with three beds. But, oh my god, me and like, Rachel and Kristin carried our stuff upstairs and it was like WHOA there's this room. And, I walked in and it was just like "That's hot." I needed to have that room, but there was only two beds. And, like, we were gonna just go to the next room, but I wanted that room, and I so totally get what I want. So, I just dropped my bag on the one bed, and Rachel put hers on the other bed. I don't know what Kristin is gonna do, but like, oh well, it's not my problem.

Room One: Jenna Lawton and Rachel Watson

The camera then shows Jeffrey Lacour, Gary Cahill, and Nigel Fairweather Marshall walking into Room Three. They seem like they just want a comfy place to sleep, and aren't worried about who they are rooming with.

Jeffrey Lacour: Wow, Kurt Angle! Chris Benoit! Nathan Jones! My favorites!

Room Three: Gary Cahill, Nigel Fairweather Marshall and Jeffrey Lacour

Then we see a group of females walking towards a bedroom. It's Letitia Whiteley, Kim Hanton and... wait, that's Enrique Mastabez. Well, the way he was shaking his hips, you'd think he was a chick too. They walk into Room Two and nod their heads in approval. But then Enrique darts across the room and dives onto the smaller bed.

Enrique Mastabez: I am soooooo getting the queen bed!

As the girls, and guy put their stuff down on the bed, Kristin Downey peeks her head in the room . She looks around, looking for an open bed, but after seeing all three of them being taken, she hangs her head and walks out of the room.

Room Two: Enrique Mastabez, Letitia Whiteley, and Kim Hanton

There are two rooms left, and seven people that are currently without a room. Bob Jenkins, Kristin Downey, Mack Strents, Lawrence Carter, Hector Trazpeno, Rodney Griffin and Brian Greggs are all still looking to see which room they will take. The six guys are walking down to the end of a hallway, where they come to two incredibly tiny bed rooms that look more like prison cells. Inside room five is two sets of small bunk beds, with just enough room for the contestants to fit themselves and their bag in the room. In room four there is one set of bunk beds, and one bed that is just the size of one bunk bed. Just like the other room, there is practically no floor space and just enough room for their bags. Brian Greggs and Rodney Griffin look like they want to room together, while Carter and Strents look like they want to room together. After a few seconds of deliberating, Greggs and Griffin walk into Room Five. Griffin goes to start climbing to the top bunk.

Brian Greggs: Hey, you stay down here pops. We don't want you hurting yourself.

Griffin chuckles at getting called pops.

Rodney Griffin: Hey man, age before beauty.

That didn't make much sense, but if you couldn't tell already, Griffin likes to speak in cliches. We then hear from Jenkins.

Bob Jenkins: Ya see, that feller Lawrence, and his friend Mack, or Mike, I don't believe we ever talk to each other, but I reckon they aint no good. So I reckon they was gonna bunk up with one another, so I just says to myself that I dont wanner room with those hoolergans. So I goes ta the other room.

The ever eloquent pig farmer went into room two, and laid on the bottom bunk of the other bed. Then we went to Hector talking... but for some reason he had his back to the camera.

Hector Trazpeno: The uh, how you say, room? not very big. And hot. But I no care bout hot. I work outside in hot hot time.

Hector followed the other three guys footsteps and went into Room Five. He got the top bunk above Jenkins.

Room Five: Brian Greggs, Rodney Griffin, Bob Jenkins and Hector Trazpeno

So with Room Four being the only available room, Mack Strents and Lawrence Carter went in. They swung the door open really strongly, knocking it backwards into the wall. That'll leave a bit of a divit. They walk into the room like they own the place. Strents chucks his bag onto the bottom bunk, while Carter throws his onto the small bed. They are getting their stuff organized when Kristin Downey walks in. She sees Strents and Carter and is about to walk out.

Mack Strents: Hey ma, why don't you come on in here?

Lawrence Carter: Yeah yeah, we only got one bed left in the whole house.

Kristin Downey: Oh, uh, hehe I think I'm going to sleep on the couch then...

Lawrence Carter: What naw, baby no you aint. You gonna stay right in here.

Mack Strents: Yeah yeah don't worry, we know how to treat a lady.

Kristin Downey: Gee, well, okay I guess. Ummm so where am I staying?

Mack points to the top bunk.

Mack Strents: Get yo ass up there girl.

Kristin Downey: Hehe...

Kristin climbs the ladder to get to the top bunk, while Carter is fixated on Kristin's ass. Carter mouths "She got a PHAT ASS" to Strents.

Room Four: Mack Strents, Lawrence Carter, and Kristin Downey

Overall: 48

Rachel Watson Gained Overness

Nigel Fairweather Marshall Gained Overness

SLAM

user posted image

After everyone finished picking their rooms, we see a sunset through their window. Then we go into fast forward mode as the sunset quickly turns into a sunrise. We hear a big cockadoodledoo as the contestants are seen entering Traxx. Inside the ring are the four trainers once again tossing around Matt Fairlane and Dillon Robson of Velocijobber infamy.

Al Snow: So you're back for more?

After Snow made that comment in jest, we once again went to a sped up showcase of the next couple days as we see the fifteen participants doing all of the bumps that they learned on the last episode, as well as taking a couple moves from the trainers. It's nothing too extensive. Just a couple of hiptosses, armdrags, and a snapmare here and there.

Al Snow: Well I'm glad to see that you're all making good progress... some of course, more than others.

We then go to testimonial Al Snow.

Al Snow: That comment was aimed at just a couple people. Nobody has really screwed up that badly yet, outside of Mack belittling what we do in the ring. But hey, he's green, he doesn't know any better. I can let that slide this one time. But, then there are guys like Nigel. He's one of the most athletic, and talented people on the show, but he just seems like he's not even trying. It looks like he's holding back, and that's never something you want to do, especially when there will be eliminations. But yeah, that was directed partially at Nigel, and partially at Bob and Letitia. You know the story about Letitia, and how she's got some kind of confidence issues, and I'd really like her to just shove those off to the side and just give this competition her all. Bob is the big boy on the show. He's tall, he's muscular, and due to that it's kind of hard for him to really get what we're teaching everybody else. It's not so hard to tuck your head in and flip over when you're say, the size of Enrique or Jeffrey, but when you're 6'5 and 270 pounds, it's tough. Basically, size bit Leslie in the ass, and we're hoping it doesn't do the same to Bob.

Al Snow: But now we're going to show you how to take one more new move for this week. Kidman, Kanyon, go ahead.

Kidman walks over to Kanyon, who lifts him up and plants him with a simple Body Slam. Billy lands, and grabs at his back before getting up.

Al Snow: Any of you that have actually watched wrestling before this show should be very familiar with that move. It's just a simple Body Slam. But, you're going to want to take that bump exactly how Billy just did. If you don't tuck your chin in at exactly the right time, you're going to get dropped right on your head. And, come on guys, it's a Friday night, I don't want to fill out accident reports all night. And before we get started, let me all just let you know that tommorow morning there will be a cut. So that means that we're going to be evaluating you all on your performance both this week and last. However, we have one special guest trainer that will be coming in later on during our session. So just a word of advice... make sure he sees your talent, and try to keep all of your stupid comments to yourself.

As he said that, he looked right at Mack Strents.

Al Snow: So, who wants to go first?

Since Snow talked about the dangers of the Body Slam, and how important it might be, nobody really wanted to go first. That is, until, Jeffrey Lacour got into the ring. He walked up to Snow and grabbed his hand.

Jeffrey Lacour: I would be absolutely honored to have the privilege of going first Mr. Snow.

Snow then pointed him in the direction of Kanyon, who picked up Lacour and slammed him. Luckily for Lacour, he tucked his head in at the right time and landed safely on his back. Then Lacour got up, and motioned for Kanyon to give him another one. Kanyon obliged and slammed Lacour down, but with a little bit more oomph this time. But yet again Lacour got up and motioned for Kanyon to give him another bodyslam. This time Kanyon hoisted him up and launched him across the ring. Lacour over rotated and landed in a sitting position on his ass. We then get a Kanyon testimonial.

Kanyon: That little [bleep] is getting on my nerves. He's been kissin' ass since he got here and it's pissin' me off. Who tha hell does he think he is? We gotta give everybody equal time to show what they can do, and this punk thinks he can spend as long as he wants in the ring? No fu[bleep] way.

We then go to clips of Brian Greggs, and Kim Hanton taking the Body Slam. After them comes Enrique Mastabez. He gets in the ring, and now it's Gail Kim doing the slamming. She slams down Enrique, who takes the bump just as good as anyone else, but he pops right back up, and out of the ring, holding his back. Then Enrique talks to the camera.

Enrique Mastabez: For a little lady she is very strong. I couldn't help it, I just had to check her out. And WOWWEEEE does she have a nice set of... *coughs* arms! I mean oh my gosh she must work out every day. I would so totally go to the gym with her. But not anytime soon, because my back is sore. Everyone was like telling me about how I sold something? I don't know what that means, but that really hurt!

Now that the fag is off camera, we see a few more people getting slammed. Then we go to a testimonial of Letitia.

Letitia Whiteley: I was just so nervous. I knew how badly I wanted to make it past the next cut and how almost everything was riding on this. But then I just started thinking about how a lot of the people here are talented, and strong, and you know, I'm just sort of me. So I'm at a disadvantage just because I'm me. But I remembered what Al has been saying to me since I got here, about being confident... and, well, I just went out there and gave it my all, and hopefully it was good enough. But I doubt it.

After yet another clip of Letitia being melodramatic and self-loathing, we see her take the bump and much to her surprise, she did okay. It wasn't the best, by far, but itt definitely wasn't the worst. As Letitia was getting out of the ring, the door opened and a very wide shadow appeared in the Traxx facility.

OR: 47

CR: 39

MQ: 56

THE PHATTEST MAN ON THE PLANET

The contestants heard the sound of the door opening, and turned to see who it was. What they saw was Rikishi Fatu decked out in full Phat Farm regalia. They show a quick little video of Rikishi's accomplishments. They show his splash off the top of the steel cage on Val Venis, him dancing with Scotty 2 Hotty and Grand Master Sexay, and Rikishi getting chokeslammed off the top of the Hell in the Cell by the Undertaker. Rikishi went right to the ring, and hopped up onto the apron. He wiped his sneakers on the apron before getting in the ring.

Rikishi: Mind if I give it a go bruddah?

Al Snow smirks.

Al Snow: They're all yours.

Rikishi waved them in one at a time by pointing at them and telling them to get in the ring. After a few people, he called in Bob Jenkins. Jenkins came in, and Rikishi scooped him up and went to slam him. But, Jenkins' size, and the way he had his weight positioned caused Rikishi to stumble a bit and put Jenkins down.

Rikishi: Come on ova here big man.

Rikishi and Jenkins went into the corner furthest away from everyone.

Rikishi: Man I know it sucks bein' a big boy and getting slammed around, but to win this contest this is what you gotta do. Now they gonna be cuttin' people that can't do what they tryin' to teach. So I'm gonna teach ya a little shortcut. Instead of doin' what everybody else is doin', you gotta shift your weight a little bit, and tuck yo' head before you even get slammed. That way your gonna end up landing it perfectly, despite being your size. Ya feel me?

Bob Jenkins: Yessuh.

Rikishi: Alright then lets do this.

They go back to the middle of the room, and Jenkins takes Rikishi's advice and does the bump perfectly. The other trainers give a small round of applause to Jenkins.

Rikishi finishes up, and wishes everybody the best of luck, before we see the trainees walking into the showers, and the trainers walking off into their room to decide on the next cut.

OR: 50

CR: 36

MQ: 64

WHOSE NEXT?

user posted image

Al Snow: Alright, so, first off, Kish, what do you think man?

Rikishi: I think you got some talent on your hands here. I think once you guys narrow it down a little bit more things are gonna get really hard for you guys.

Kanyon: Yeah, I think so to. But we gotta get rid of the guys that are slowin' everybody else down. I'm talkin' about that Lacour guy. I don't like him.

Gail Kim: Well, Chris, no offense or anything, but he seems like he does have some athleticism. He's a kiss ass, and none of us like a kiss ass, but as long as he can do what we're trying to teach him, then we should keep him here. When the field narrows down a little bit more, if he doesn't improve his attitude then we should get rid of him. But now, I think there's other people that need to leave first. What do you guys think?

Kidman: Yeah, sorry Gail but I've gotta agree with Chris here. He's getting on my damn nerves, and I think I'm going to choke him if he asks me why I stopped scratching myself one more time. Now one guy I'm impressed with his Hector.

Al Snow: He's probably the most talented person we have, but there's something a little off about him. I dunno what it is about him, but the camera guys have been noticing it too. A camera presence is important, and we can't have our guys being afraid of the camera. But, again, we can't worry about that till the time comes. Now, Brian Greggs, Gary Cahill, and Rodney Griffin...

Kidman: They've shown that this is what they want to do, but they haven't shown the ability to do it. Don't get me wrong, they haven't shown that they can't win this competition, but there is just nothing about them that sticks out from the crowd.

Gail Kim: Except for Gary Cahill. Holy [bleep] have you seen his nostril! Wow. There's surgeries to fix that!

Al Snow: Moving on... Letitia. We all know that she's got some confidence issues to deal with, but we've got to ask that all important question, is she tough enough?

Kanyon: I don't think so. And, we can ask the same question about Bob Jenkins...

Rikishi: Hey, I know this is your show and alll, but lemme speak my mind here for a minute. Bob Jenkins might struggle a little every now and then with the stuff you guys are teachin' now. But if you let him through, I have a feeling he's gonna develop into a guy that would be a perfect fit for the WWE.

Al Snow: Point well taken. But, let's all sleep on it and we'll have our final decision tommorow. Thanks a lot for helping us out today Kish. Now let's get out of here.

The trainers all get up, and leave the room as the credits start to roll.

OR: 50

OVERALL RATING: 49

So, everyone, cast your votes for who you'd like eliminated from Tough Enough next week. Be sure to provide a reason or I will politely request that you receive a warning for postwhoring.

Hey, you finally got round to Tough Enough, good to see it. Although having seen half of the show already this was kind of meh, although I did chuckle again at "she got a PHAT ass!". Anyway, first off, my vote is for Mack Strents. As far as I'm concerned if he takes it all as a joke, he's a negative influence and shouldn't be kept around as he'll affect the performances of others, plus I'd love to see you cut him and him go into a violent, expletive ridden spiel, which is something you'd do very well. As for Armageddon, it's shaping up very nicely and the sooner you get to it the better (people can see my graphical genius, :D)

You still know my feelings on certain things. More Paul London, less Mark Henry and er....more Paul London. Come on Esse essé, lets see him running into walls on Smackdown for a change!

The PPV is shaping up nicely altho Berg/HHH/Nash will suck match quality wise, but hey, at least you'll write it as a DUD and not a ***** classic.

But yeah, Mack Strents to go, Armageddon to arrive, and Holly to win the Rumble. Guess which is a joke? :P

P.S: You see me on MSN tonight, I'm probably asleep. Waking me at a quarter past midnight last night........ggggrrrrrrr.....:P

So I read this diary in its entirety over the course of the past day. It is very, very, very excellent. Kudos, Essa. I especially like how Heat and Velocity actually mean something here instead of just being b-shows.

In terms of Tough Enough... well, if I were to vote based on the characters I dislike, the token gay guy would be gone so fast. But I'm going to be a realism dork and go with Gary Cahill. They usually give the Token Insecure Person about three shows to show competence and Letitia did okay on the body slam thing. Plus cancer survivors NEVER do well on reality TV shows (see the old lady from the first Survivor or Sean Kent on the first Last Comic Standing).

Oh, and also; Funaki for Velocity GM.

• 2 months later...

WWE SMACKDOWN PREVIEW

DECEMBER 4, 2003

IPB Image

The hostile situation between Kurt Angle, Big Show and John Cena will come to a head on Smackdown when Big Show defends his United States Heavyweight Title against Kurt Angle with John Cena as the Special Guest Referee. This is a must win for Angle because if he loses then he is out of contention for the title shot at Royal Rumble against Brock Lesnar.

And speaking of that stipulation, Chris Benoit will do battle with the Man-Beast, Rhyno. And just like Kurt Angle, if Benoit doesn't win on Smackdown, he'll find himself watching the Undisputed Title Match on a monitor in the back.

The United States Title won't be the only gold on the line, because The World's Greatest Tag Team will be defending their tag team gold against Doug Basham & Chavo Guerrero. They may seem like an odd pairing, but they showed just how effective they could be last week. Haas & Benjamin will be looking to expose that as beginner's luck, while Basham & Chavo are looking to solidify their names in the tag team ranks.

Also in action will be Brock Lesnar, and Eddie Guerrero. You do not want to miss this week's Smackdown!

Alright folks, it's back.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE SMACKDOWN

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 4 2005

Chris Benoit vs Rhyno

Smackdown opens up with "Whatever" playing. Chris Benoit walks out onto the ramp, and holds his fists up to the fans for a pretty big pop. Benoit starts walking down towards the ring. He gets about halfway down when Rhyno ambushes him from behind! He caught Benoit with vicious forearm to the back of the head which sent Benoit tumbling down the rest of the ramp way and near the ring apron. With the element of surprise in his favor, Rhyno charged right after Benoit and delivered boot after boot to his skull. Benoit started fighting back up to his feet, but that just prompted Rhyno to grab him by the back of his neck and chuck him head first at the steel ring stairs. Benoit collided with a big thud. Benoit was leaned up against the stairs when Rhyno continued with his offense. He picked up Benoit, and hoisted him into the air before dropping him face first across the barricade. Benoit bounced off of it and flopped down on the ground. Rhyno pulled him up to his feet and then rolled him into the ring.

Rhyno hopped into the ring, officially starting the match and covered Benoit right away. One, TW, Benoit kicks out. This doesn't phase Rhyno, as he just picks Benoit back up and throws him into the corner. Rhyno goes to work on Benoit in the corner, hitting him with straight punches to the head before being admonished by the referee. Rhyno backed off for a second, before firing off a couple knees into the sternum of Benoit. Rhyno then slings Benoit across the ring into the opposite corner. Rhyno doesn't waste any time, and follows in right after Benoit nailing him with a shoulderblock right to the gut that knocks the wind out of Benoit. Rhyno gets back up and then whips Benoit back to the other corner. This time he throws both fists up into the air, much to the dismay of the crowd, before charging in at Benoit. This time Benoit manages to get out of the corner, as Rhyno collides shoulder first with the middle turnbuckle.

Benoit seizes the opportunity by putting a couple boots to the back of Rhyno's head. Benoit kicks Rhyno down, into a sitting position against the bottom turnbuckle. Benoit keeps firing off boots that look like they are taking their toll on the shaken Man Beast. Benoit allowed Rhyno to get up to his feet, but still threw a boot at him every couple seconds to keep him honest. With Rhyno still in the corner, Benoit reared back and then let him have it with a big knife edge chop. Rhyno grabbed at his chest, and stumbled out of the corner, only to be pushed back and drilled with another knife edge chop. Benoit looked to the crowd for approval before going for another knife edge chop, but before he could deliver it, Rhyno managed to shove him backwards. Benoit lost his balance a little, and took a few steps back. By the time he put his attention back on Rhyno, he nearly got Gored! Benoit sidestepped it just in time. Rhyno stopped, and turned around but this time it was him who got blindsided by a big clothesline from Benoit. Benoit dropped down right alongside Rhyno and looked to apply the Crippler Crossface.

He locked it in! But it's not in tight enough. Rhyno battles up to a knee before rolling forward and breaking the hold. Both men get up at the same time. Rhyno nearly beheaded Benoit with a clothesline, but Benoit managed to duck out of the way. Rhyno now had his back to Benoit, so Benoit went for a German Suplex! But no! Rhyno hooked his arm underneath the rope to block it. Benoit's momentum carried him backwards, but he quickly rolled back up to his feet, only for him to get GORE GORE GORED! Benoit was right up against the ropes so the Gore knocked him out of the ring and to the floor.

Both men were down so the referee started to count them both out. They were both stirring, up until around the eight count, when Rhyno got back up to his feet, while Benoit was in a crouched position on the outside. In a move that has me questioning the mental prowess of Rhyno, he hopped out of the ring breaking up the count. Rhyno grabbed Benoit by the back of his head and pulled him up to his feet. Rhyno then slammed Benoit face first into the ring apron. Rhyno then grabbed Benoit, and walked over to the steel ring post. With his back to the post, Rhyno hooked Benoit for a suplex. He was going to suplex Benoit into the steel ring post! But, no, Benoit counters out of it in mid air and drops Rhyno with a vicious DDT right onto the protective mat outside the ring. Sensing that this was his chance to put it away, Benoit picked Rhyno up and rolled him into the ring.

Benoit wasted no time in climbing all the way up to the top turnbuckle. He measured up Rhyno before leaping off the top rope looking for his swan dive Headbutt. And it connected... with the mat! Rhyno managed to get out of the way. Benoit was down holding his head while Rhyno regained his composure. Rhyno is just standing there waiting for Benoit to get up, and once he does Rhyno pounces. He grabs Benoit and looks to deliver a Spinebuster, but no, Benoit shifts his weight and swings around to the side of Rhyno, before dropping him to the mat with the Crippler Crossface. It's locked in right in the middle of the ring and Rhyno's got nowhere to go. He's fighting it... but Benoit just cinches it in even more. Rhyno may not make it out of the hold but that's not going to stop him from fighting it anyway. After about fifteen seconds in the Crossface he starts fighting his way to the ropes, dragging Benoit along with him. He's within reaching distance when Benoit breaks the hold quickly, and blasts Rhyno in the head with a flurry of quick elbows. Benoit then reaches over and tucks Rhyno's arm underneath his legs, before locking in the Crossface again! Rhyno doesn't have a free arm so the referee asks him if he wants to quit... and he does! Rhyno submits!

Chris Benoit d. Rhyno via Submission

OR: 81

CR: 82

MQ: 81

--------

We're backstage now with a pissed off Matt Hardy, decked out in his Mattitude shirt and UFO pants. He's got a bandage on his head from last week's accident with Shannon Moore. Hardy is holding up a Steel Chair while walking down the corridor.

Matt Hardy: SHANNON!

He's obviously shouting after his former Mattitude Follower who rebelled against him last week. Eventually he comes up to a production crew member.

Matt Hardy: You seen Shannon Moore around here?

Crew Member: Yeah, he's right in that locker room over there.

The crew member points him in the direction. Hardy pushes him off to the side and goes over to the room. He looks like he's about to knock on the door, but instead he changes his mind and quietly opens the door. Shannon Moore is sitting on a folding chair in front of a table (just like any other gimmicked table) and is reading the last edition of RAW Magazine. Hardy starts to creep in on Shannon Moore, but as the camera shows him creeping forward towards Moore we see Bradshaw and Faarooq standing behind Hardy! Moore must have paid for the APA's services!

Hardy rears back with the chair and looks like he's just about ready to cave in Moore's skull when Farooq grabs the chair out of Hardy's hand.

Matt Hardy: What the...

Farooq throws the chair down and both APA members start pounding on Matt Hardy. Moore gets up and tries to start directing traffic, but Farooq piefaces him into the door before preceding with the regularly scheduled beatdown. Bradshaw has Hardy pinned up against the wall, and is punishing him with a series of brutal punches. While he is doing this Farooq grabs the table Moore was sitting at earlier and positions it. Bradshaw then grabs Hardy by the hair and feeds him to Farooq, who lifts him up high in the air and drills him with his variation of the Spinebuster right through the table! The APA take a minute to revel in their job well done, but then they turn their attention to Shannon Moore.

Bradshaw: Alright now where's our beer money?

Moore pulls himself up to his feet.

Shannon Moore: Oh, yeah, money. You see... I left my wallet in my, uh...

Shannon Moore stops trying to talk his way out of this and makes a run for it. The APA start to give chase but then stop.

Farooq: DAMN.

Bradshaw: I knew we should have made that son of a bitch pay up front.

Overall: 67

--------

Spyder vs Brock Lesnar

UNDISPUTED HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

After a short commercial break we come back to the tune of Brock Lesnar's music. He comes out in his wrestling attire to take on Spyder who is already waiting in the ring. He's got his belt draped over his shoulder, and Paul Heyman bringing up the rear. Lesnar starts to do his bouncy bouncy dance on the apron before he steps into the ring to start the match.

Lesnar got one leg into the ring before Spyder attacked. He hit Lesnar with a couple of clubs to the back, but they didn't seem to phase Lesnar, as he took his other foot into the ring and then shoved Spyder back into the ropes. Then on the rebound, the not-so-light Spyder went for a Crossbody on Lesnar. Lesnar snags Spyder out of thin air and then maneuvers Spyder into a violent looking bearhug. He swings Spyder around viciously for a couple seconds before driving Spyder down to the mat hard. Spyder grabs at his back while pulling himself up to his feet. He then lunges at Lesnar, who ducks underneath his arm and effortlessly lifts him up and drops him down with a vicious F5.

Spyder is out cold, but Brock isn't done yet. He picks up Spyder again and once again hoists him up onto his shoulders. Lesnar OBLITERATES Spyder with a second F5! This time Lesnar makes an effortless pinfall attempt. One... TWO... THREE. Brock Lesnar scores the win over the unconscious Spyder.

Brock Lesnar d. Spyder to Retain His Undisputed Title

OR: 58

CR: 46

MQ: 70

The match suffered because the crowd was still pumped up from the Benoit/Rhyno match.

---------

The match ends, and Paul Heyman gets in the ring with a microphone.

Paul Heyman: Just like that... What was it, twenty seconds? Thirty seconds? That's all it takes for Brock Lesnar, "The Next Big Thing," to beat up some nobody... some hamandegger like a Spyder, or a... Brooklyn Brawler, or for that matter, a Chris Benoit or a Kurt Angle. You know what Brock, he doesn't deserve to be in the same ring as you. Get him out of here!

And on Heyman's command, Lesnar military presses Spyder, runs towards the ropes and launches him over the top rope and up the ramp way!

Paul Heyman: You see, there isn't a man on Smackdown, Raw, hell, there isn't a man on Earth that could take the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship from around the waist of Brock Lesnar. But that doesn't stop Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle from trying. Now some of you people may say that their current situation is a little bit unfair. And to all of you, I ask how is it unfair? If Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle can't go a month and a half without losing then do they really belong in the same ring as Brock Lesnar? No, they don't. If Brock Lesnar wanted to wrestle a loser at the Royal Rumble then he'd just give Spyder over there a rematch.

The fans jeer Heyman at the comparison of Benoit and Angle to Spyder.

Paul Heyman: Oh, come on. All you fans know that as the General Manager of Smackdown, there is nothing I like to see more than one of my Smackdown superstars succeeding on my show. But let's face it, Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle just do not have what it takes. Benoit somehow, some way, managed to beat Rhyno earlier tonight, so he'll be able to keep his chance of main eventing the Royal Rumble against Lesnar alive. Well, for another week anyway.

Paul Heyman: But Kurt Angle? Well, let's just say that the competition, if you want to call it that, is going to get narrowed down even further tonight. Kurt Angle, tonight you take on the Big Show for his United States Heavyweight Title with John Cena as the Special Guest Referee. And there is just no way in hell that he can get past the seven foot tall, five hundred pound Big Show.

Paul Heyman: You see, with my men there's a bit of a pecking order. Right at the very top you have Brock Lesnar, the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion, and right underneath him you have that beast of a man, The Big Show carrying the United States Heavyweight Championship. And then underneath him you have Rhyno, you have A-Train, and you have the soon to be Tag Team Champions, Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan. I can see Chris and Kurt maybe, just maybe getting past someone like A-Train... but only if A-Train was having a bad day. But, there is no way, NO WAY, that either of them could get past the Big Show. And, if by some stretch of the imagination, they were capable of getting past the Big Show then that means Brock Lesnar would make absolute minced meat out of them.

At that comment Lesnar snarls at the camera.

Paul Heyman: So after tonight there will be one man left in the title hunt, and that's you Chris Benoit. Now Chris, I know you're back there watching this on a monitor so here's what I want you to do.

Heyman sticks his face right in front of the camera.

Paul Heyman: I want you to reach over there, and I want you to turn the volume up a little. Now I want you to think about this. I want you to think about what this man has accomplished in his short time here in World Wrestling Entertainment. He's the Undisputed Champion, he's been the King of the Ring, and he's won the Royal Rumble. Chris, you have been here longer and haven't accomplished any of that! None of it! He's younger than you, he's tougher than you, and he's stronger than you! You do not stand a chance against The Next Big Thing, Brock Lesnar. So with that, I'm offering you a chance to realize that you've screwed up by picking this fight. I'm telling you as your General Manager that you need to make a decision! You can either cut your losses and go back to being the middle of the road wrestler that you always have been, or you can keep fighting for your title shot. But just remember Chris, if you want to keep on fighting for your title shot Brock Lesnar is going to fight back! Make your decision Chris, but just keep in mind that if you do things the hard way instead of the easy way I'm going to make your life a living hell up until the Royal Rumble, and then, well, then I'm going to let Brock Lesnar take over. And trust me when I say you're not going to like that very much. Make your decision Chris, make your decision.

OR: 88

---------

And we're backstage outside of a door with a big red cross on it that says Medic. In one chair is Matt Hardy who has a few ice packs on him from the attack earlier in the night by the APA. And lying on a stretcher next to Hardy is Spyder, who just got his ass pulverized by Brock Lesnar.

Matt Hardy: That no good, ungrateful MF'er. No, you know what, he doesn't even deserve to be called a MF'er anymore. He's a... a... a... loser, that's what he is. And rule number 642 in the Mattitude Bible clearly states that losers are not allowed to achieve Mattitude Follower status.

Spyder groans, and tries to cover his ears but he's to hurt to do so.

Matt Hardy: I know, he was such a loser when I agreed to teach him in the ways of Mattitude but I can honestly say that after months and months of my tutelage, he is... well, not quite as much of a loser. And speaking of losers... wow, up until tonight I thought you were more of a loser than Shannon Moore!

Spyder groans loudly like he's trying to yell at Hardy, but whatever he is trying to say gets muffled.

Matt Hardy: But wow, I'm a little bit out of it right now but I saw a little bit of your match with Brock Lesnar before and I gotta say, you really showed him what was what!

Spyder cocks his eyebrow as if to say what the fuck match were you watching?

Matt Hardy: I didn't see the whole match or anything, and what I did see was kind of fuzzy on account of me not being able to see straight at the time, but damn you gave him a run for his money.

Spyder continues to look on bewilderedly. Suddenly Hardy looks like he just got a bright idea.

Matt Hardy: You know what, anyone who can come so close to winning the Undisputed Title is A-Okay in my book... and since Shannon Moore officially removed himself from the Mattitude Training Program, how would you like to be the newest Mattitude Follower?

Spyder tries to shake his head no, and attempts to gurgle out something, but it just doesn't work.

Matt Hardy: I can see how this is going to be a little bit of a struggle. You just broke rule number 218 of the Mattitude Bible, which states that You should always, always, speak clearly. But I'll let that slide seeing as how you haven't received your Mattitude Bible just yet. I am certainly glad to see that you're on board for this. I think you're going to be the greatest Mattitude Follower yet!

Hardy gets up and hobbles away, while Spyder looks on confused.

OR: 71

Spyder gained overness.

--------

Eddie Guerrero vs Danny Basham

LATINOOOO HEAAAAT is heard over the PA system, signalling the arrival of Eddie Guerrero. He's gone back to his older music since him and Chavo's seperation. Eddie comes walking out with the swagger he was lacking last week. Eddie slaps hands with some of the fans before making his way up onto the apron. He slings himself over the top rope and lands on his feet, and then gets ready to wait for his opponent.

Then the old music of the Basham Brothers plays, drawing out Danny Basham. He stomps down to the ring with a puss on his face. But hey, who could blame him? His brother deserted him last week, and so did his woman. I'd be pretty pissed off too... well, if I liked my brother. Or my woma(e)n.

So Basham gets in the ring and from the get go it looks like he's in the mood to fight, not wrestle. Basham walks right up to Eddie and throws a hard punch at him, but Eddie ducked underneath it and before backing away from Basham. Basham then went to throw another punch at Eddie, but once again Eddie ducked underneath it. This time instead of backing away from Basham, Eddie gave him a little push forward into the ropes. Basham hit the ropes somewhat softly. Danny then kicked the middle rope before turning around to face Guerrero. Except by this time, Eddie was sitting in the corner on the middle turnbuckle. Basham was infuriated to see Eddie not taking him seriously. He charged at Guerrero looking to squash him in the corner, but Eddie avoided the contact via the good old sidestep. Basham hit the corner hard, and was immediately rolled up by Eddie Guerrero into a School Boy. Guerrero put his feet on the middle rope for added leverage. One... TWO... THR.

Basham just managed to kick out even with the leverage from Guerrero's feet on the ropes. Both men rolled up to their feet, but surprisingly Basham was a little bit quicker and cleaned Eddie's clock with a brutal clothesline. Basham starts to kick the hell out of Eddie, which he made it clear from the get go was his plan. Basham eventually got tired of stomping Eddie's shit in, so he picked him up to his feet. Basham grabbed Eddie and whipped him into the ropes. On the rebound, Basham flung Eddie up into the air and just let him crash down to the mat with a Flapjack. Eddie pops back up holding his chest before falling back down on his face.

Basham scoops up Eddie one more time, and slings him into the ropes again. Basham goes for a second Flapjack, but this time Eddie manages to compose himself in midair and drill Basham with a Dropkick to the chest. Danny goes down clutching his sternum, while Eddie goes right on the offensive. Eddie gets out of the ring, and onto the apron. He pulls on the top rope to help give him some more momentum, as he flings himself over the top rope with a Senton, but Basham moves out of the way! Eddie rolls up into a standing position, and ducks a haymaker from Basham. Eddie then quickly snags Basham and hits him with a Back Suplex.

Eddie smells blood, so he lifts up Basham and hits him with all three of the Amigos. The fans start to get on their feet as they know whats coming up next. Basham is totally out of it. Eddie climbs up to the top turnbuckle, and hops off, connecting with the Frog Splash on Danny Basham! He makes the cover, and it's elementary. One... TWO... THREE!

Eddie Guerrero d. Danny Basham via Pinfall

OR: 70

CR: 71

MQ: 71

*3/4

-------

After a short commercial break the camera is following Eddie walking back to his locker room with a smile on his face. He turns the corner and bumps right into Chavo Guerrero and Doug Basham. After a brief staredown Eddie and Chavo each crack a smile at each other. Doug keeps on staring Eddie down before glancing at Chavo and seeing that he was smiling. Doug then changes his demeanor and starts to smile too.

Chavo: Aye Eddie, I know last week you said everything was cool. But I just want to make sure you're still alright with it.

Eddie: Chavito things have neeeeeever been better. And you know what holmes, things haven't even changed that much. I'm still beating up a Basham every single week.

Both Guerreros start laughing, but Doug took offense to it.

Eddie: Relax essa, if your brother didn't suck then you'd still be his partner.

Doug shrugs his shoulders.

Doug: Yeah, well Mom always told me I was the better Basham.

Eddie: So you two got a Tag Title Match up next ey? Good luck out there.

Eddie goes to keep on walking, but Chavo stops him.

Chavo: Wait up Eddie, I was meanin' to ask you something. What was up with you and Kane last week? He's a bad dude Eddie. I don't think you wanna pick a fight with him.

Eddie: Come on Chavito, you know I'm smarter than that. You think that just cause you and me aint teaming together no more, I'm gonna stop lying... cheating... and stealing?

Chavo then realizes that Eddie had something to do with the cops arresting Kane at the show last week. Doug stands there looking puzzled.

Eddie: Damn vato, you picked a real genius for a partner. Let's just say that someone put in an "anonymous" tip to the police about Kane and insurance fraud.

Chavo and Doug start laughing while Eddie stands there with a smug look on his face.

Eddie: Alright well I gotta get going. Good luck out there tonight guys.

Chavo and Doug: See ya later.

OR: 80

Eddie Guerrero lost overness.

--------

Chavo Guerrero & Doug Basham vs The World's Greatest Tag Team ©

TAG TEAM TITLES ON THE LINE

It’ll be Charlie Haas and Chavo Guerrero to start us off here. Chain wrestling to start as the two trade holds. Haas takes Guerrero over with a headlock but Guerrero squirms out of it into a head scissors on the floor. Haas rolls over and out of it, blocks a Chavo punch and locks in a hammerlock. Chavo turns it into a hammerlock of his own and locks in a headlock. Haas backs into the ropes and sends Chavo to the ropes, but Chavo grabs onto the rope and stops his run. Haas charges in and goes for the ride with a backdrop, but lands on the apron. Haas connects with a shoulder block to the stomach of Guerrero and a kick to the head through the ropes sends Chavo scrambling across the ring. Haas re-enters but gets caught with a drop toe hold as he advances and Chavo locks in a front face lock.

Haas uses his strength advantage to get to his feet and hooks the leg. Chavo is lifted up in a knee-breaker and slips down the back into a sunset flip. Haas goes over but rolls through completely and runs again at Chavo. Chavo with a monkey flip and both men get back to their feet to an appreciative ovation from the crowd. Haas and Chavo circle the ring, each going back to their own corners and Haas makes the tag to Shelton Benjamin.

Chavo looks like he’ll stay in for his team but Doug asks for the tag and gets it. The crowd starts to clap in rhythm and Doug encourages it, turning in a circle to get all four sides of the arena involved, but Basham turns back into a clothesline from Shelton Benjamin. Benjamin makes the cover but only gets one.

Shelton pulls Doug back to his feet and slams him to the mat, and Shelton with a high knee drop to the skull of Basham, and it gets another one count. Doug battles back and fires off a couple of hard right hands to the stomach of Benjamin and backs him into the ropes. An Irish Whip and Doug Basham connects with a dropkick, knocking Benjamin back into the ropes and a clothesline sends Shelton to the floor. Charlie Haas is right there with some words of encouragement and Benjamin gets back into the ring. A lock-up is inconclusive but Benjamin gets a waistlock applied and a belly to back takedown drops both men to the canvas. Basham turns it into a hammerlock on the mat but Benjamin manages to escape and a single leg takedown puts Benjamin in control momentarily but Basham connects with a hard kick to the leg and breaks the grip on his arm and Basham rolls backwards and tags in Chavo Guerrero.

Guerrero wastes no time, vaulting over the top rope and unloading with right hands on Shelton Benjamin. Guerrero knocks Shelton to the mat and knocks Haas from the apron with a big right hand. Benjamin is back to his knees and Chavo hits the ropes and comes off with a dropkick to the jaw. Chavo hits the ropes again and knocks Benjamin back with a clothesline, and a second clothesline from the back knocks Benjamin into the ropes. Chavo measures Shelton up and hits the ropes a fourth time, but Haas makes his presence felt and trips up Chavo, who drops to the mat and Shelton with a big elbow drop to the back and a legdrop to the back of the neck. Benjamin rolls Chavo over into a cover. ONE TW-CHAVO KICKS OUT AT TWO

Benjamin hauls Chavo back up and scoops Chavo up into a backbreaker, but lifts him back and drops him down into a sidewalk slam. Shelton steps out onto the apron and sunset flips over the top into a sunset senton to the back of Chavo Guerrero. Another cover. ONE TW-CHAVO KICKS OUT AGAIN. Shelton focuses the attack on the lower back of Chavo Guerrero with a series of stomps and a hard Irish Whip into the buckle knocks Chavo to the mat. Chavo is pulled back to his feet and Shelton scoops him up and drops him into a Tree of Woe in his corner. Haas drops to the floor, grabs the arms of Chavo and pulls them back into a surfboard stretch, putting pressure on the ribs and Shelton Benjamin comes in with a dropkick into the stomach and Chavo cries out in pain.

On the apron Doug Basham can only watch as Shelton tags in Charlie Haas. Haas pulls Chavo off the ropes and he drops to the mat with a thud. Haas locks in an armbar and throws Chavo back into the buckle, once, twice, thrice and a fourth time and a vertical suplex puts Chavo back on the mat. Haas with a side Russian leg-sweep to put Chavo back on the mat. Haas makes the cover. ONE TWO TH-DOUG BASHAM MAKES THE SAVE!

Haas complains to the referee, distracting his attention while Shelton sneaks in behind his back and drops Chavo back with a DDT. The World’s Greatest Tag Team utilising quick tags to keep on top here, and speaking of quick tags there’s another as Haas brings Benjamin back into the ring. Haas pulls Chavo up and drapes him over the top rope, pulling his legs up into a horizontal lie across the top rope. Benjamin takes the initiative and comes down across the back of Chavo Guerrero with a leapfrog over Charlie Haas! Benjamin makes the cover as Haas leaves the ring. ONE TWO THR-NO! CHAVO GETS A SHOULDER UP!

Benjamin can’t believe it. He thought they’d managed to put Chavo away for the three there. Chavo for his part is rallied by Doug on the apron and he tries to reach his partner, but a hefty boot to the head stops that happening and Benjamin pulls Chavo back into the middle of the ring and applies a rear chin lock, his knee, hard in the back of Chavo. Guerrero reaches out to his partner across the ring but can only reach, held in place by Benjamin. Basham rallies the fans again and they clap and stomp along and Chavo feeds off it and battles back to his feet. A hard elbow and a second force Benjamin to loosen his grip and Chavo drives both himself and Shelton back into the corner and Chavo stumbles back out, collapsing to the mat. Chavo looks for the tag and the crowd are right there with him, willing him on. Basham is visibly shaking, with the time he has been on the apron, watching his partner absorb punishment, he’s had a long time to think of what he’ll do when he gets in the ring. Chavo is inches away from Basham, but Shelton Benjamin grabs the ankle and stops any further progress. Basham tries to hoist himself as far into the ring as he can, but it’s not enough and Chavo is pulled back into the opposite corner.

Shelton decides to get cocky and teases Basham, giving Charlie Haas time to put the boots into Chavo Guerrero. Basham tries to climb into the ring but is stopped by the referee and Benjamin joins his partner in the assault on Chavo and Shelton Benjamin makes the tag back to Charlie Haas. Haas and Benjamin pull Chavo back to his feet and take turns to connect with punches before Haas busts out a belly to belly suplex, and a Northern Lights Suplex into a bridge pin. ONE TWO THRE-NO! CHAVO GETS THE SHOULDER UP AT THE LAST MINUTE!

Haas is angry, he thought that was it. A big knee drop by Charlie Haas and Haas rolls Chavo onto his stomach, locking in a Full Nelson, but he doesn’t keep it locked in, instead throwing Chavo back into the corner, and he’s hoisted onto the top turnbuckle and a BIG knife-edge chop. Haas climbs onto the second rope and looks for a superplex, but Chavo fires back to life with some punches to the gut and Chavo knocks Haas to the mat. Haas is quickly back to his feet but Chavo comes flying off with a Tornado DDT and Haas lands right on his head! Can this be it?!?! Can Chavo make the tag?

Both Shelton and Doug are waiting for the tag. Chavo starts a slow crawl to the corner, but Haas is quicker to his. Haas makes the tag, and Chavo makes the tag! Doug Basham comes out firing, unleashing hell on both Haas and Benjamin with rights, left and kicks. Benjamin is sent to the buckle and Haas goes for the ride over the top to the floor! Shelton stumbles out of the buckle into a Downward Spiral! Doug Basham could steal it here. The cover. The count! ONE TWO T-SHELTON KICKS OUT! Oh that was close.

Charlie Haas comes back into the ring and charges at Basham but Basham steps out of the way and Haas nails Benjamin with a clothesline! Haas can’t believe he’s messed up and Charlie Haas is thrown from the ring by Doug Basham! Chavo wants back in! Chavo Guerrero is back up and he wants back into the ring. Basham ducks a charging clothesline from Benjamin and Chavo comes flying off the top with a cross body! A double suplex and a double hiptoss follow as the referee tries to restore order. Chavo heads back to the apron and gets the legal tag in from Doug Basham.

Basham scoops Benjamin up and holds him in place for a running neckbreaker and slam combination. Chavo makes the cover! ONE TWO TH-NO! SHELTON BENJAMIN KICKS OUT.

Chavo brings Shelton back up, into the buckle and a running dropkick. Benjamin stumbles out into a sidekick. Chavo with another cover! ONE TWO THR-SHELTON MANAGES TO GET A SHOULDER UP!

Guerrero has a second wind here and he unloads with right hands, forcing Benjamin into the corner. An Irish whip is reversed but Chavo avoids a Shelton Splash by slipping through the ropes to the apron. A shoulder block and a sunset flip from Chavo! But Shelton rolls through and bridges back across, hooking the legs in a pin of his own. ONE TWO THRE-NO! CHAVO ESCAPES AT THE LAST MOMENT! On the floor Charlie Haas has sneaked round to the opposition corner and he pulls Doug Basham from the apron, and sends him hard into the ring steps! Charlie Haas lays in with boots as back inside the ring, Shelton and Chavo get back to their feet. Shelton swings, Chavo ducks it and swings into a crucifix pin! ONE TWO TH-SHELTON KICKS OUT!

Chavo looks to bring Shelton back to a vertical basis but there’s a small package by Benjamin! ONE TWO TH-CHAVO ROLLS IT THROUGH! ONE TWO THR-NO! SHELTON KICKS OUT! Benjamin is first up and Chavo follows him, but stumbles on standing and ends up with his back to Shelton. A schoolboy roll-up, and Shelton has a handful of tights! ONE TWO THRE-NO! Both men back up again and they slug away with punches. Shelton gets the better of the exchange and sends Chavo chest first to the buckle. Guerrero stumbles back out and Benjamin looks for a German suplex but Chavo swings his leg back into a low blow without the referee seeing! Chavo bounces off the ropes into a Sunset Flip, but Shelton falls forward into a pin of his own, and Charlie Haas has the feet of Chavo Guerrero held down! ONE TWO THREE!

The World’s Greatest Tag Team steal this one from under the noses of Chavo Guerrero and Doug Basham. But I don't think we're done here. Doug Basham has hauled himself back into the ring and he's squaring up to both Haas and Benjamin. This could be a big mistake here. Two versus one are not good odds for Doug Basham. But wait, from behind, coming through the crowd! It's Matt Morgan and Nathan Jones! They slide into the ring and knock Haas and Benjamin to the mat. Doug Basham doesn't know what to do. Morgan tells him to leave as Nathan Jones pulls Shelton Benjamin back to his feet and drops him to the mat with a spinebuster. Basham takes a step back, heeding Morgan's instructions, but then comes out and flies at Matt Morgan, taking him to the mat. Doug Basham fires in with punches to Matt Morgan, but Nathan Jones looks to intercede, pulling Basham off his partner. But Chavo is there with a desperation low blow and Charlie Haas with a dropkick sends Nathan Jones from the ring.

Basham with a clothesline sends Morgan for the ride over the top to the floor as well! These two teams have banded together to see off the threat of Matt Morgan and Nathan Jones, who are backing up the aisle, their eyes locked on the four men in the ring, who share a momentary glance with each other, and nods of thanks and appreciation, before Guerrero and Basham exit the ring, allowing The WGTT to retrieve their belts, before leaving the ring.

WGTT d. Chavo Guerrero & Doug Basham to retain their Tag Team Titles

OR: 78

CR: 71

MQ: 86

***1/4

Written by Adgray

------

We're backstage again, and we now see Eddie Guerrero leaving his locker room. He has on a wifebeater and a pair of nylon sweatpants. Eddie has his duffelbag with his ring gear slung over his shoulder. He looks like he is about to leave when an intern runs up to him.

Intern: Mr. Guerrero! Come quick! Someone destroyed your car!

Eddie: What the hell?

Eddie runs to the parking lot. He runs past a limosine and finds his car. It's, of course, a lowrider but all of the windows are smashed in and the sides are covered in huge dents. Eddie puts his hands on his head in shock before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a cell phone to call the police. He is about to dial the number when he gets hit from behind by someone.

It's Kane! Eddie gets bowled over from the blow from Kane and is dropped onto his hands and knees. Kane starts stomping the hell out of Eddie before he lifts him up to his feet. Kane hits a throat thrust on Eddie that knocks him back against his Lowrider. Kane wrapped his hand around Eddie's throat and proceeded to choke him for a good thirty seconds. Eventually Kane pulled Eddie off of his lowrider, and spun him around by the back of his neck, before slamming him face first through whatever was left of the driver's side mirror. After revelling in his handiwork for a couple seconds, Kane grabs Eddie and pulls his head out of the window. Kane then slams Eddie's head into the hood of his car. Eddie slumps down onto the concrete floor. He has a seemingly deep cut above his eyebrow, which has lead to a decent amount of blood streaming down his face. Kane drops down to his knees and grabs Eddie in a chokehold before half screaming/half grunting at him...

Kane: YOU PICKED THE WRONG PERSON... (heavy breathing)... to MESS WITH!

Kane then effortlessly pulls Eddie up to his feet by his throat. Kane lifts Eddie up by his throat with one hand and CHOKESLAMS HIM ONTO THE HOOD OF THE LOWRIDER! Kane stands there smiling evilly for a few seconds, and watches Eddie's lifeless body roll down the hood of his car and fall onto the concrete. Then the limosine that Eddie walked past pulls up alongside Kane. The window rolls down, and we see none other than Vince McMahon!

Vince McMahon: Did he think you wouldn't make bail? I'm a billionaire, damnit!

Both Kane and Vince share a laugh before Kane gets into the limo, and it pulls away with Eddie lying in a pool of his own blood.

OR: 88

-----

And we're still backstage, except this time we see a circle of workers, lower card wrestlers, road agents, refs, and dark matchers. They give the illusion of a fight going on inside the circle but the cameraman manages to finagle his way through the crowd to see what all the commotion was about. But it wasn't a fight they were crowding around, it was Scotty Too Hotty and Rikishi doing the Moonwalk and a plethora of other dance moves. I haven't seen a dance circle since the latest Freddie Prinze Jr. movie! But, all of a sudden the music stops. The circle starts to break up with various "Oh man" and "Damn, they were good" groans being heard. Scotty and Rikishi walk over to where their boombox was, and see none other than Sean O'Haire standing there with the cord in his hand.

Sean O'Haire: Oh I'm sorry, were you guys listening to that?

Rikishi lunges at O'Haire but a couple of the people who were watching them dance step in front of him to stop the fight from breaking out.

Sean O'Haire: Hey man, I meant no disrespect. I'm sure there's a lot of people out there with the same awful taste in music.

Rikishi pushes everyone off to the side and once again goes to attack O'Haire, who doesn't even flinch. But before the big man can connect with O'Haire, Scotty 2 Hotty stops him.

Scotty Too Hotty: Wait up 'Kish, he aint worth it.

Sean O'Haire: I'm not worth it? Exactly how can someone as lowly and insignificant as yourself decide who is worth what?

Scotty Too Hotty: Whatchoo say?

Sean O'Haire: Oh will you drop the act Scott? It's just sad. Heh, it's even sadder than Rikishi. When you got your start here people were saying how you were going to be the guy to revolutionize light heavyweight wrestling. Everyone said that you had the talent to make it to the top of World Wrestling Entertainment. And now what are people saying about you? Let me paraphrase... "Dang he sure can dance!" "Uh... well, he's a nice guy" The only reason they keep you around anymore is because you're loyal, and well, I guess you keep the guys entertained with all your "dancing." But hey, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Scotty Too Hotty gets up in Sean O'Haire's face.

Sean O'Haire: Hey somebody had to say what everyone has been thinking for a couple years now. It was only a matter of time before you got your reality check, just like I gave your friend last week.

Scotty Too Hotty chooses not to respond with words, and decks O'Haire right in the jaw. O'Haire's head snaps to the side as everyone starts pushing Scotty Too Hotty back. O'Haire has a bit of a smile on his face as he turns back towards Scotty and Rikishi.

Sean O'Haire: Ah, ya see, that's the fire that you've been lacking. What do you say Scott, leave this big fat oaf, your ridiculous visor, and your pants that are six sizes too big behind and join me. Join me in my quest to give the entire WWE a reality check!

Scotty looks like he is pondering the decision for a second before he hocks and shoots a massive loogie at O'Haire. O'Haire uses his shirt to rub off the spit from his face.

Sean O'Haire: I guess you'll just have to learn that lesson just like Rikishi did last week.

OR: 74

--------

Before the main event starts, we're in Brock Lesnar's locker room. He's watching the monitor and laughing at Scotty and Rikishi. He hears the door open.

Brock Lesnar: Paul, come over here, you have to see this!

He hears a shuffling moving closer but he still doesn't bother looking because he thinks it's Heyman.

Brock Lesnar: Why are you paying these guys? They suck! Oh ma...

Before Brock Lesnar can finish that thought he gets cracked over the head with a chair! Lesnar hunches over and falls off the chair, as the camera pans out to show Chris Benoit standing right there!

Chris Benoit: You tell Heyman that I made my decision, and I want your damn title!

Benoit drops the chair and then goes over and locks the door. He puts a table in front of the door to make it even less likely to see someone intervene. Lesnar is now trying to shake out the cobwebs and figure out what's going on. But no, Benoit walked right up to him, dropped onto his backside and locks Lesnar in the Crippler Crossface! With Lesnar in the crossface we head down to the ring.

--------

Kurt Angle vs Big Show © w/ John Cena as Special Guest Referee

UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

IPB Image

Now it's Main Event time, as we hear "Medal" playing on the PA System. Kurt Angle is looking pissed off, probably because of Paul Heyman's promo earlier in the night. He already has the straps on his singlet pulled down to his side as he marches down to the ring. Angle gets in the ring and doesn't even acknowledge the loud pop he's getting from the crowd. Angle takes off his gold medals and hands them over to one of the people at ringside as he waits for the Big Show to get down here.

And ask and ye shall receive as we all start hearing "WEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL WELL IT'S THE BIG SHOW." The Big Show comes down to a good amount of Heat, with his United States Heavyweight Title hanging over his shoulder. He slowly stalks his way down to the ring, making eye contact with Kurt Angle the whole entire way. Angle is just begging for Big Show to get in the ring, which probably isn't the brightest thing he's ever done considering the size difference. Big Show eventually gets up on the apron and steps over the top rope...

...but Angle kicks his big tree trunk of a leg before he can get them both into the ring. Angle keeps kicking away at the Big Show's leg eventually causing his knee to cave in, and for him to fall spread eagle on the top rope. Angle is pulling on the ropes while kicking Show in his leg, as a way of adding a little bit more oomph to the kicks. And hey, it's all legal because special guest referee John Cena hasn't come out to the ring yet. Angle then takes a break from the leg and starts punching the Big Show in the head, allowing him to get the other leg over the rope and into the ring.

Once Big Show got to a moderately comfortable position he seemed to regain his giant like strength, as he shoved Kurt Angle half way across the ring to create some seperation between the two. Big Show started shaking his leg to try and loosen it up after the attack from Kurt Angle. But Angle continued the offense by charging at a preoccupied Big Show and hitting him with a chopblock to his already banged up leg. It didn't take Big Show down, but it did knock him into the ropes. Angle charged in at him again, looking for another chopblock, but this time Big Show saw it coming and tried to clothesline the olympic gold medalist. But no, Kurt ducked underneath it and hit the ropes. On the way back, Big Show pivoted to face Angle, but he got met with a quick little dropkick to the knee that dropped the giant down flat on his face. Angle then grabbed the Big Show's big meaty leg and put it on the bottom rope. Angle starts stomping away on the Big Show's leg for about fifteen seconds when "Basic Thuganomics" starts playing, signalling the arrival of our Special Guest Referee, John Cena. He gets a rather loud reaction, but it's a mixture of cheers and boos. The fans don't know what to think about this guy.

He comes out in his typical street clothes, not even bothering to put on a referee's shirt. Cena makes his way down to the ring, but Angle pays him no attention and keeps on stomping the hell out of Big Show's leg. Cena gets right in there and pulls Show's leg off the bottom rope. Angle flips out on Cena, who acts nonchalant about it, as if he was just doing his job. Angle stops chewing out Cena and then turns to face Show, who boots him from the ground right in the midsection. Angle is doubled over, so Show uses this time to get up to his feet. He needed to use the ropes to pull himself up, because of the pain from Kurt attacking his leg. With the time it took for Big Show to get to his feet, Angle was ready to go again. He charged in at Big Show, but got blasted with a huge right hand to the noggin. Angle got knocked back a few feet, but came right back at Show. Show snatched his arm and pulled him in close before kneeing him in the gut. Angle hunched over, and then got clubbed in the back by the Big Show, knocking him straight down onto the mat.

Big Show rolled Angle over onto his back before limping over to the ropes and then running at Angle, and dropping a big 500 pound elbow right into his sternum. The Big Show takes his time getting up to his feet, before running at the ropes again. He's about to drop another elbow on Angle when John Cena bends down right in front of the Big Show to start pumping up his shoes. Big Show puts on the brakes, and stands there arguing with Cena for getting in his way(and completely failing to sell the work on the leg Angle did earlier on). Big Show rears back like he's going to hit Cena. Cena stands his ground and actually taunts Big Show, doing his You Can't See Me taunt. Big Show is about to swing, when from behind Kurt Angle rolls him up. Cena's doing a fast count! ONE TWO TH wait... now Cena's just leaving his hand dangling up in the air.

The crowd boos the hell out of Cena for not counting to three for Kurt. Angle gets up and he too gets in Cena's face. Big Show gets up and he shoves Angle from behind. Angle gets knocked forward right into John Cena! Both men go down from the collision, but they both pop right back up. Cena signals over to the timekeeper and tells him to ring the bell! He is awarding the match to Big Show via disqualification! It was an accident, Cena just screwed Kurt!

With the match ended, and Kurt Angle fuming, he goes to throw a punch at Cena. But before he can, Big Show turns him around and tries to hammer him with a clothesline. But Angle ducks, and he somehow manages to hit a not-so-smooth looking Angle Slam. Angle gets right up and goes to attack Cena, but once Angle gets to a vertical base, Cena put him in the Fireman's Carry and then killed him with an FU. Has John Cena alligned himself with The Big Show? Big Show starts to get up to his feet. He is on his hands and knees, when Cena charges at him and flips over his back, hitting a neckbreaker that he calls The Throwback. I guess that answers that question. Cena then drops the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Big Show before getting out of the ring and grabbing the US Heavyweight Title. He talks straight to the camera saying "This is mah belt! Mine!" For the second week in a row Smackdown nears it's ending with John Cena holding the US Title with Kurt Angle and Big Show laid out.

Big Show d. Kurt Angle to retain US Title by DQ

OR: 72

CR: 79

MQ: 58

3/4*

-------

But before Smackdown officially ends, we go backstage and we're once again in Brock Lesnar's locker room. But once again we see Lesnar trapped in the Crippler Crossface! He's been in that hold for the entire length of the main event! Now we're hearing banging on the door, and Smackdown ends as we hear someone yelling that they're going to have to kick the door down!

OR: 73

Edited by Essa

SMACKDOWN NOTES

Rhyno toned down his stiffness a bit this week for his match against Chris Benoit. As we reported last week after the tag team match with Benoit/Angle against Rhyno/Big Show, Rhyno was working incredibly stiff. It is believed that both Chris Benoit and Tony Garea talked to Rhyno about this. It was handled professionally, and Rhyno was apologetic towards Benoit. Rumors of Rhyno now being in the WWE Dog House are untrue.

If you couldn't tell by him being in two segments on Smackdown, Spyder is actually getting a shot at the main roster without going through the WWE Development system. The reasoning for this is that many backstage people believe he already has a good grasp of WWE style by his showings at recent Smackdown house shows against Shannon Moore, and on his few appearances on the B shows. Due to the nature of his storyline, if it doesn't pan out as the WWE wants it to Spyder can simply be dropped in favor of a different MF'er. If that was the case, Spyder would be sent to OVW. But as for now, he's going to actually be entered into the Undisputed Title Tournament, with his first round opponent being none other than Shannon Moore.

And what? A tournament you ask? The two segments involving Chris Benoit and Brock Lesnar that aired near the end of Smackdown are the WWE's way of getting Brock off of Television. It is expected that he will miss at least seven or eight months due to a neck injury similar to the ones that Steve Austin, Lita and Scotty Too Hotty all had at one point. Brock has come forward and said that the injury was not a direct result of an in ring accident, or a botched move. He cited wear and tear as the reason for his injury.

And as we stated last week, it seemed like the WWE would be implementing a different pay per view for February. It has now been confirmed to be an ECW Reunion Pay Per View. One has to wonder how the WWE will be able to run an accurate ECW pay per view when nearly all of the ECW mainstays not under contract to the WWE are under a written deal with NWATNA.

Bad luck with Brock there, but then again I love tournaments so from a reader's perspective this is going to be fun to read.

Also, I'm liking Spyder as the new MFer. I'm not sure WHY exactly, but I am. In addition, I am of the opinion that Sean O'Haire should beat the everloving crap out of Scotty if just so Scotty can go far far away from Smackdown and WWE in general. But I guess I'm biased. Good show, anyway.

THE SMACKDOWN WRESTLING RECAP!

By the “Uber-Smark” ADGray

[::] Thursday night is Smackdown night. So let’s get too it.

[::] We are almost LIVE from Cleveland, OH.

[::] Announce team as usual, Michael “You Can Flush All You Want, You Won’t Get Rid Of Me” Cole and Tazz….yeah, he’s the good one.

[::] CHRIS BENOIT vs. RHYNO – And we’re right out the gate with some wrestling. Benoit is out first but Rhyno confirms his status as ultra evil heel of all heels when he attacks Benoit on the ramp. Rhyno goes to work with some kicks, treating Benoit’s head like a soccer ball. Benoit tries to fight but eats the steel steps. The bell hasn’t rung yet, it’s all legal. Rhyno drops Benoit on the barricade and takes the fight inside the ring, because as JR would say, “you can’t win this one on the floor!” God, do you remember when JR was good? Rhyno gets two off a cover and unloads with stiff rights to the head of Benoit. Surprised he isn’t bleeding yet. Ref gets between em but Rhyno just charges Benoit. A shoulder tackle hurts Benoit but a second one misses and Rhyno hits the post hard. Benoit comes back with kicks to the head. Yeah, because you know, if you’ve got a big powerful guy whose just whacked his shoulder off solid steel and your finisher involves locking the arm between your legs and making it hurt like hell, I’d kick him in the head too. (Random thought – What is it with Samoans and impervious to pain heads. Haku, Headshrinkers, 3MW, you nut any with your noggin’, they’d never sell it.) Back from the tangent and Benoit is bringing the pain with Knife-Edge Chops. Crowd of course Whoooooos their approval after each one. Rhyno comes firing back with a push lifted right from Cage Tyler’s playbook and goes for the GORE!!! GORE!!! GORE!!! but misses. Clothesline from Benoit and the Crossface locked in, but Rhyno rolls through on it, breaking it. Would have been an awesome visual if Benoit had held onto that there. Clothesline misses from Rhyno but the German is blocked by Rhyno and Benoit eats the GORE!!! GORE!!! GORE!!! on the second attempt right to the floor. (It just isn’t the same without Heyman launching into his “RHYNO! THE MAN BEAST…..FROM DE-TROIT, MICHIGAN” spiel) Benoit ou.tside, Rhyno inside and Rhyno breaks the referees count at eight by LEAVING THE RING! I knew he took too many chairshots in ECW. Spare a thought for Masato Tanaka. Benoit’s head meets the apron but counters a suplex into a DDT on the floor. The Toothless Wonder – hey I like that – rolls Rhyno back into the ring. Benoit channels the spirit of the Dynamite Kid and goes for the Headbutt but Rhyno rolls out the way. Rhyno waits…..and waits….and waits for Benoit to get back up. Rhyno looks for a Spinebuster but Benoit has the mental capacity to counter into the Crossface! Rhyno fights it like a man and even makes Benoit break it, but he just locks it back in and Rhyno submits at 9:31. Why couldn’t you let these two go longer? I mean jeez, would it have killed you to let Benoit work over the arm just a little? **1/2 for a decent bout but you lose a whole * for the complete non-logic in Benoit not attacking the arm. Good crowd too. They love the Toothless One. (Another thought – team these two up, “Ruthless and Toothless”. It’d draw……)

[::] We’re backstage now and MATT HARDY is WALKING~! But he’s got a chair with him so we know he’s up to no good. From his yelling we can ascertain he’s looking for SHANNON MOORE and a handily placed crew member is helpful, telling him where Moore is. Wow, lucky for Matt huh? Camera crew AND arena worker, all in a handy two minute segment between matches. Anyway, long story short, Hardy finds Moore, APA attack Hardy and put him through a table. Gee, gimmicked tables backstage, have some pride in your work guys. Why not just leave a few aluminium trash-cans and a kendo stick lying about? Maybe a ‘STOP’ sign. Moore though can’t pay for the APA’s services which means a lack of beer and cigars tonight and so this annoys the two. Moore’s just compassionate, he doesn’t want to see them get liver disease……or lung cancer…..or clogged arteries. Moore runs though and the unhealthy APA can’t catch him. Any money says next week, Hardy hires the APA. Because that’s the WWE! It’s ker-razee!

[::] BROCK LESNAR vs. SPYDER – First thoughts; ‘Who the fuck is Spyder and why should I care about him?’ I shouldn’t apparently as Lesnar squashes him in UNDER A MINUTE with not one, but two F5’s, because that my friends, is badass. I have Benoit/Rhyno cut short for this shit. I’m sorry, but no. (N) Moving on, Heyman’s got a microphone….

[::] Typical fare from a watered down Heyman. Lesnar’s the “Next Big Thing”, Benoit and Angle nothing compared to him. Shouldn’t have to wrestle them. Heyman tells it like it is. Lesnar good, Morgan bad, Show good-ish, Jones bad, A-Train……meh. Picks up near the end when he gets to the point, that being Benoit has to step up his game and make an impact. Decent promo, but man the WWE has made this guy Heyman-Lite. That promo wouldn’t have looked out of place in the eighties, minus the word “hell”.

[::] Backstage again in the Medic’s room where MATT HARDY and SPYDER sit. Hardy expels Shannon Moore from the Cult of Mattitude and quotes the Mattitude Bible – on sale now at WWEShop.com, only $19.95! Hardy bitches about how much of a loser Moore is some more before mistaking Spyder for the second coming of Jesus and offering him a spot as an MF’er. Spydie tries to refuse – despite it meaning full time WWE contract, TV time and a horde of willing, young eighteen year old girls – but Hardy mistakes it for a yes and welcomes him aboard for the ride. You know, this sensei/unwilling follower thing would be pretty good, IF YOU DID IT WITH A WRESTLER WE GAVE TWO SHITS ABOUT! GOD!

[::] EDDIE GUERRERO vs. DANNY BASHAM – Eddie’s out first, to his ‘Latino Heat’ music. No mullet yet but I’m sure he’ll grow it back. Basham is out next……………………………………………………………………………….sorry my phone went. Anyway, Danny comes out looking mighty pissed. Basham looks to get some of that old Butterbean spirit going as he comes out swinging but Eddie avoids them all and Danny kicks the rope – because he’s PISSED OFF remember?!?! Eddie doesn’t help as he sits on the middle rope relaxing. Danny charges but misses and a roll-up almost ends it early. Basham hits a clothesline and then brings the stiffness with kicks. No wrestling, just fighting. Kick, kick, kick, kick. What is it with people and their kicks tonight? Basham ain’t no Cro Cop. Basham finally busts out a wrestling move with a Flapjack, but Eddie catches him with a dropkick on the second one. Rolling sunset senton misses and Eddie rolls through and drops Danny with a back suplex. Three Amigos and the Frog Splash gets the win at 4:52. Goodnight Mr. Basham we hardly knew ye. *. Eddie’s total offence here was a dropkick, a back suplex, three suplexes and a Frog Splash. Basham had punches, kicks and a single flapjack. These things a wrestling match doth not make.

[::] Back from commercial we get more Eddie Guerrero. Nice little comedy segment with Chavo and Doug Basham. Eddie cracks a joke at the Basham Family’s expense and reveals he set up Kane last week to be arrested, although “insurance fraud”? The man was burned as a child and wears a mask, his premiums would be SKY HIGH. My guess is, he doesn’t have any insurance.

[::] THE WORLD’S GREATEST TAG TEAM vs. CHAVO GUERRERO and DOUG BASHAM – Haas and Chavo start and we get some nice chain wrestling between the two. Chavo puts Haas on the apron with a backdrop but Haas with a shoulder block and a kick knocks Chavo away. Drop toe hold by Chavo but Haas squirms out of a face lock and lifts Chavo up. Chavito slips down the back but too much momentum on the sunset flip leads into a monkey flip. Double tags. Basham plays the 80’s face role but gets clotheslined for his cheerleading and it gets one. Benjamin with a slam and a knee drop for one as well. Dropkick by Basham and a clothesline knock Benjamin out to the floor where Haas is there with some helping words of wisdom – “get back in the ring and kick his ass!” No one wins the lock up and this leads into more chain wrestling before Chavo tags back in. Chavo has control until Haas interferes and Benjamin begins to take control. Backbreaker and a sidewalk slam soften up Chavo’s back and a sunset senton as well. Gets two. Shelton stomps away on the back and a nice double team move as a Tree of Woe/Surfboard Stretch combo leads into a guttural dropkick from Benjamin. Shelton tags in Charlie and a suplex and Russian leg-sweep put Chavo down for two before Basham makes the save. Double teaming follows as the ref deals with Basham and WGTT assume the roles of ‘heels in residence’ with Chavo now the default ‘FiP’ – ‘Face in Peril’. Tag back to Shelton and a leapfrog combo works the back some more but it only gets two. Chavo tries to fight back but can’t summon the energy and WGTT pull him into their corner. Shelton winds up Basham, letting Haas be a dastardly heel and cheat. Northern Lights Suplex by Haas gets two. HE’S NOT EVEN THE LEGAL MAN! Guess the ref doesn’t care. Benjamin leaves the ring and Haas takes over. Chavo is put on the top rope but fights the superplex and nails a Tornado DDT to Haas. Double tag again and Basham is now the ‘BoF’ or ‘Babyface on Fire’. Basham can hardly break a sweat before Chavo is wanting back in. Take a rest man! Basham isn’t as attuned to suffering as I am as he tags Chavo back in. We get a series of near falls until Haas takes out Basham by throwing him into the ring steps and Benjamin manages to counter a sunset flip into a pin of his own and Haas holds down Chavo’s legs for the win at 14:02. We get a standoff after the match but Morgan and Jones run down, only to get their asses handed to them by a combined WGTT/Chavo/Basham attack, who then all nod at each other. If I was Chavo, I’d be beating the shit out of Benjamin and Haas, not helping them. Hell if Basham had any sense he’d have grabbed Chavo and left the WGTT to have the shit royally kicked out of them. *** For a good bout. M&J run-in loses you a ½*.

[::] Backstage again with Eddie Guerrero. He’s about to leave the arena when an intern tells him his car has been smashed. I would have thought he’d have found out himself when he left the arena, which would have been in about half a minute. Eddie abandons everything to check on Lowrider #2418 but wouldn’t you know it, it’s a trap and Kane beats the holy hell out of ‘Latino Heat’, finishing with a Chokeslam onto the Lowrider. A limo pulls up and Vinnie Mac rolls down the window. An evil laugh is shared between Vinnie and Kane and Kane gets into the limo as it speeds off into the night.

[::] I thought we’d get wrestling now too, but instead we get a crappy segment where Scotty 2 Hotty and Rikishi are made out to be popular backstage before Sean O’Haire ruins their dance-a-thon. He busts out a few shoot comments about a ruined career for Scotty and offers him a spot at his right hand. Scotty spits on him instead though and O’Haire leaves. Why is O’Haire feuding with Scotty 2 Fucking Hotty?!?! Why God why?

[::] No, we’re still not getting a match as we’re in Brock Lesnar’s dressing room, which is much more lavish than Shannon Moore’s. All Shannon got was a chair and table. Lesnar’s got a buffet table and a framed Undisputed Title on the wall. Brock’s watching the Scotty segment from a moment ago but he’s attacked by Chris Benoit with a chair who makes his impact and says he wants the title. He then locks the door and locks the Crossface on Lesnar as we go back to the ring. Just one thing about this. The WWE makes no secret of Smackdown being a TAPED show. So how could Brock be watching the Scotty 2 Hotty/Sean O’Haire segment? Things like this annoy me.

[::] KURT ANGLE vs. THE BIG SHOW w/ special referee JOHN CENA – Main event time finally. Angle jumps Show as he enters the ring over the top and kicks away at the leg, making Show’s knee collapse and Show crotch himself on the top rope. Angle kicks away at the leg some more – what is it with the plethora of kicks tonight?!?!? – before punching Show in the head. Show gets into the ring and immediately sells the knee. Angle uses speed to stay one step ahead, with a chopblock and dropkick. And finally Cena makes his way out to referee as Angle props Show’s leg on the bottom rope. No referee shirt, just street clothes. Remember the days when Gorilla Monsoon would pimp all the different licences in wrestling. Manager’s licence. Referee’s licence. Wrestler’s licence. I miss those days. Back in the ring Angle ignores Cena, instead booting Show’s leg into a swollen mess but Cena pulls Show’s leg off the rope which annoys Angle. Show sees the opening and boots Angle in the gut but his leg hurts to much to get up and he needs to use the ropes. Angle runs in but gets whacked with a big right hand. Show uses his power to take control and drops an elbow into the chest on Angle. Show hits the ropes but Cena starts pumping up his shows in his path and Show stops suddenly and argues with Cena and the whole premise of selling the leg injury goes out the window. Show rears back to punch Cena but Angle rolls him up and Cena gives us a fast count, but stops at two. Cena won’t count the three and Angle gets in Cena’s face. Show pushes Angle from behind and he collides into Cena, who rings the bell for a DQ at 7:06. Angle goes after Cena, Show stops him but gets dropped with an Angle Slam. Cena takes advantage though and surprises Angle with an F-U! Cena then nails Show with a neckbreaker and a Five Knuckle Shuffle and poses with the belt as we go backstage. *1/2. The match sucked, Show hasn’t got the stamina to go for long enough for the whole special referee idea here to work out and so it had to be covered with the leg injury. Oh, and the ending was badly worked.

[::] Backstage we’re in Lesnar’s dressing room where Benoit STILL HAS THE CROSSFACE locked in. Ouch. Smackdown leaves the air with thumping on the door and an arena working yelling for someone to kick the door down. Or you know, just use a screwdriver to take off the door handle. That’s what I did when I locked myself out my room.

[::] Overall Thoughts: This show really was a case of the good, the bad and the ugly. The WGTT/Eddie & Doug match is worth checking out and the Benoit/Rhyno match was decent if a little short, but the whole Hardy/Moore/APA/Spyder stuff was stupid, there were too many backstage segments and as for the ugly, three words: Angle versus Show.

[::] Until next time, take care, not drugs…..