Official Civilization Thread

Guest Mr McFarlane

ApSham crushed me by creating a bajillion armies in his first turn and then creating a huge ring of weaponry pointing in to my one city on the second.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WormWarrior77

I can easily say Civilization Revolution IV is arguably one of the best games i have ever played offering days and days of non stop fun. But with any game there could many improvements one for example you have to be god him self to complete every research technology until the Gandi blows you away you gotta really suck to piss that guy off. But like i was saying even if you are god you might still have trouble. But I wouldn't be surprised if this is a classic in the making.

Edited by WormWarrior77

Oh man, these games are great. Civ is the most addicting game I have ever played, once I start a new civ game, I can't stop and save. I actually have a relative that works at Firaxis, so I go there every summer and get to test the not-yet-released games. I remember playing Sid Meier's Pirates! while it was in it's beginning stages.

How good is the Xbox version of that? I've heard good things about it; is it similar in essence to the original one from way back when?

I don't own an Xbox, but from what I've played of it at Firaxis, it's actually extremely close to the PC version. The Xbox game is essentially the exact same game. It's also a Xbox Original game now. (By the way, are Xbox Originals like PS2's Greatest Hits? $20?) As for comparisons to the original Pirates!, I honestly haven't played it too much, so I cannot offer advice.

This game sucks balls. LL and I had an epic game where I was way ahead on tech and culture, and he was way ahead on economic, and yet the fucking French are declared winners due to a time out? THEY DID FUCK ALL THE ENTIRE ROUND AND YET THEY WIN?

Fie on you Napoleon.

Why didn't either of you kick the shit out of the French if you were so kicking ass in tech/economy?

More to the point, why didn't either of you notice the "GAME WILL END SOON" notices and do something about it beforehand?

Damned hippies.

Edited by stokeriño

Truth be told, the French hadn't done shit-all the whole game. By the time there were 5 turns left we noticed that it would have to be due to a Domination Victory. The most the French had done in that department was take over an Egyptian city (who ended up in 5th place.) Clearly, the French haxxored the game.

Because there were only two basic landmasses, me and the egyptians on one, and the french/romans/zulu on the other. I couldn't for some reason build ships, and the French, despite spending the entire game threatening me with war, never once appeared on my continent.

Personally, I think LL should have destroyed them sooner, but, you know, whatever :shifty:

Well the French do sit at #4 in my personal Civs Who Have Been The Most Bastardish To Me list, so I guess I'll let you off.

I'm going to embark upon an online game of Civ IV: BTS against my friend in the coming weeks. Last time we played it was hotseat and took 3 days. I won by a narrow score margin after having spent 150 years in a WW1-esque military deadlock four squares from his capital.

So this time, I seriously need to kick his ass. ¬_¬

He's already told me he wants to play as Churchill, which I believe gives him the Charismatic and Protective traits. I know I want a leader with the Philosophical trait, but can't decide on the second. Anyone got a suggestion for the most valuable leader trait?

It depends what difficulty you're playing on. I always went for the one that gives you a health bonus if I was playing on a hard level since your cities seem to get unhealthy before you even have a chance to do anything about it, if they've got access to high food squares. The culture one's probably useless because 1 vs. 1 is all going to be about warring. Financial does what it says on the tin and helps you steadily through the game, unlike some of the promotion-based military ones.

Well the French do sit at #4 in my personal Civs Who Have Been The Most Bastardish To Me list, so I guess I'll let you off.

I'm going to embark upon an online game of Civ IV: BTS against my friend in the coming weeks. Last time we played it was hotseat and took 3 days. I won by a narrow score margin after having spent 150 years in a WW1-esque military deadlock four squares from his capital.

He's already told me he wants to play as Churchill, which I believe gives him the Charismatic and Protective traits. I know I want a leader with the Philosophical trait, but can't decide on the second. Anyone got a suggestion for the most valuable leader trait?

You play with your friend, but not me?!

You play with your friend, but not me?!

Duh.

And I just dominated as an American Civ in the "Game Of The Week." Fear me. :angry:

I would have gone for Financial as the second trait, but the Philosophical/Financial leader is Elizabeth I, and I don't think it'll let me take the English if he's being Churchill. I therefore have decided to go for Ghandi, who's Philosophical and Spiritual - so no Anarchy and a good headstart for the early religions thanks to free Mysticism. Plus the unique unit will be Fast Workers. Oh yes. >_>