EA Cricket 2005 or Brian Lara Cricket 2005?

Yeah I saw the Hawk Eye screenshot on the cover and though "mmmm nice" but ultimately Cricket 2005 won out.

EA tend to be great at most sports such as Tiger Woods Golf, Madden, NBA Live etc and only weak on Rugby and Football (the two English sports! erk!) but cricket's all good except for some awful commentary, but that might be because I keep pressing X through all the between ball stuff

"England need.........Harmison batting......And that's his.......First four!"

How is it hawk eye? Isn't it just an overhead view, hawkeye would suggest you're zooming in really close :P

As for games, I had played Brian Lara Cricket and owned Cricket 2004. I probably preferred Brian Lara as it was easier for me to pick up and play and since i was - then - a casual cricket fan i couldn't get into Cricket 2004 because I just wanted to swing and murder every ball.

One thing i disliked about Cricket 04 (i can remember about Brian Lara Cricket) was the commentary. God it was just so meh and slow.

"...and he's picked heads........................................and chosen to bat..............we'll have to see if that's the right choice"

as for everytime you hit the ball "........oh he's hit that right at a fielder."

I dunno, I just don't like the slowness of it all.

But I traded it in a long time ago for Madden 05.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed 187 all out against Bangladesh (as South Africa) in a five day match, got them all out for 233 (no bowled or LBW, ALL catches, mainly bowling body line) and now I'm on 322 for 8!

I never dreamt of getting close to 200 let alone over 300! Gibbs got 62 and they leave the leg side well open so you can use the six-hit and heave one over without the fear of top edging and being caught! Fantastic!

Except when a player hits 30 they move the field back, which is why nearly everyone in the team got to early 30s before getting out...