Madden 2006

Toe

I think I've finally figured out good sliders for my game, I'm getting pretty realistic results for the Falcons. Finished 13-3 and secured home field, but was knocked out by the damn Bears in the divisional game :(

I bet that went over well in your house (Y)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've finally figured out good sliders for my game, I'm getting pretty realistic results for the Falcons. Finished 13-3 and secured home field, but was knocked out by the damn Bears in the divisional game :(

I bet that went over well in your house (Y)

It's not too bad, I managed to stuff the Bears 42-3 earlier in the season (when Dragsy was controlling them, too :D )

I've just started a franchise with the Redskins, playing the preseason and using it to get use to pressing O instead of X to switch players! Bastard.

I quite like the precision throwing and vision cone but I need to learn to switch it quickly etc. etc. but it's just a matter of getting the hang of it.

I know but with the Redskins O I can't be looking upfield too much or I'm sacked.

I officially hate precision passing now ¬_¬ You try to throw it into his stride so he launches it 15 mile downfield.

I can't run either.

Ugh.

EDIT: Scrap that. Vision and Precision all the way baybee! :P

Edited by IAceI

I've just started a franchise with the Redskins, playing the preseason and using it to get use to pressing O instead of X to switch players! Bastard.

Yeah, I couldn't get used to that and I'm impatient, so I just switched the control setup to the Madden 05 controls.

I finally get Michael Vick back now in my game. Stupid Dragsy injured him (Foot Stress Fracture - 7 Weeks). I've done well, only losing one game in his absence, but that's due to my defense and Warrick Dunn. Shaun King's my back-up QB now and he's been appalling.

I'm a Brit who hasn't experienced much NFL, but I'm getting into it more and more recently. As someone who doesn't fully understand all the rules yet, would Madden 06 not seem that confusing, or would I have to play it for a while until I managed to get what I was supposed to do?

Playing the video game is much easier then watching the game on TV/playing it in real life.

You just need to know the jist of the rules, enough to be able to call plays and know what they mean etc.

Madden games taught me about the game of football when I was around 7, so it should help you understand the game aswell...

I find the fact Kurt Warner seems to think every players fucking superman and throw the ball miles away from all my players. leading to a lot of balls ending up no where near his team mates very frustrating.

Hate Precision passing and no longer play with it, can't figure out how that suddenly leads to more interceptions despite, angling it away from defenders, having players dead centre in my view and feet set with plenty of time to throw it.

Hate Precision passing and no longer play with it, can't figure out how that suddenly leads to more interceptions despite, angling it away from defenders, having players dead centre in my view and feet set with plenty of time to throw it.

That was happening to me, throwing 6 or more INTs per game. I just lowered the INT bar in the game sliders. Now I'm getting pretty realistic numbers. Also, if you look at one WR too long, the defense will anticipate the pass and be more likely to deflect or intercept it. I find pump-faking throws the defense off, try that?

In my latest Superstar game, I'm with the Lions (QB, Hall of Fame Dad) and am second string. Harrington's starter and I beat Garcia to the second spot. Began well, beating the Packers 17-7, then destroying the Bears 44-14. Then I had a QB crisis against the Bucs and lost 17-0. I tried playing all three QBs, and they were all horrible. Harrington 4/21 for 30 yards, Dawson 2/8 for 9 yards, Garcia 1/10 for 48 yards. Still first in the NFC North though :D

You might be throwing it too far lanky because you aren't holding the receivers button long enough. If you just tap it it's a lob pass, hold it longer and harder and you'll do more of a bullet pass.

I find Vision and Precision hard at times but keep it on.

Anyone know where I might be able to find a program or tutorial of sorts that changes the images for icons on the PC version? Instead of the X, O etc i'm used to it uses numbers which I can't be bothered to learn.