Madden 2006

Toe

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be up for it..I kinda suck but ehh..I like to play against my friends..

On a slightly different note..my NCAA 06 guy was imported to Madden 06...I went froma white guy with a buzzcut to a black guy with a fro..WTF...

Anyone know how this game plays on a 56K connection online? Might make or break my decision to buy it.

I'm sure you could do it, but I'd watch out for disconnects...it's a real piss off.

It's going to be a bit lagish but it should be play-able.

Finally got it after all the hype. I had not touched a Madden game since Madden 64 because I was a big fan of the 2K series and owned all the games in the PS2. So Madden is like new for me. I am getting used to the different feel pretty nicely and started a franchise with the Eagles. Won my first pre season game 13-3, could have been 19-3 but I missed two easy field goals since I am trying to get used to the kicking meter. It might sound stupid but it feels so different from the kick meter in 2K5 that I continually miss easy kicks.

I also ran into a lot of trouble with quaterback vision, altough precision passing is much more effective in this game than 2K5. I am getting sacked more times than I am used to due to adjusting to quaterback vision(how many times have I passed to the wrong guy by mistake or ended up sacked because I made a mistake with one of the buttons) and I am not at all good at picking defensive plays(I usually use the Madden pick, that is until I get familiar enough with everything to actually risk picking myself) but I am pretty good at offense, I have managed some big plays and aside from the kicking issues and one sack or another, I manage to run a good game and pass too.

At least in Pro difficulty I am finding the AI quaterback easy to read and totaled 5 INT's in my first game, but I suppose that goes away with an increse in difficulty.

The kicking meter's totally different from NCAA 06. Seriously, that's one thing about EA that pisses me off, they can't have the same kicking meter for both football games, so if you switch back and forth like I do, you end up sending the ball sailing all over the place because you've lost the timing.

So I lost my second game 13-10 to the Ravens. In this one I played better defense than offense, being able to break trough the lines and sack Boller and his replacement often. The problem is that my offense was so bad. I had zero running game until late in the 3rd quater and the passes where not that good either. It also pisses me off that the CPU substitutes players for me when I dont want it to. Any way to change that? I hated it when I called for a deep pass play only to realise I had Mike McMahon at QB and TO and Pinkston where also on the bench. I was down 10-3 with 3 minutes left and I managed to tie it up running a two minute drill, constantly passing the ball deep and then switching to the run to keep them off balance. But then, after a forced fumble and with 30 seconds left, instead of letting the clock run out and going to overtime, I tried to make one last run at winning and ended up tossing a fat one to TO and got intercepted. The Ravens nailed the field goal with 3 seconds left the very next posetion and I lost.

I need to get better at this and fast. I even have the guide and have been practicing a lot of plays, so it is a matter of time. The thing that is killing me right now is adjusting to the game after years of playing 2K5. Also quaterback vision is still giving me trouble, I got sacked 7 times in that game because I ended up unable to toss a quick pass to get rid of the ball. But I dont want to turn it off because I feel this is what sets the game apart from the rest.

So I lost my second game 13-10 to the Ravens. In this one I played better defense than offense, being able to break trough the lines and sack Boller and his replacement often. The problem is that my offense was so bad. I had zero running game until late in the 3rd quater and the passes where not that good either. It also pisses me off that the CPU substitutes players for me when I dont want it to. Any way to change that? I hated it when I called for a deep pass play only to realise I had Mike McMahon at QB and TO and Pinkston where also on the bench. I was down 10-3 with 3 minutes left and I managed to tie it up running a two minute drill, constantly passing the ball deep and then switching to the run to keep them off balance. But then, after a forced fumble and with 30 seconds left, instead of letting the clock run out and going to overtime, I tried to make one last run at winning and ended up tossing a fat one to TO and got intercepted. The Ravens nailed the field goal with 3 seconds left the very next posetion and I lost.

I need to get better at this and fast. I even have the guide and have been practicing a lot of plays, so it is a matter of time. The thing that is killing me right now is adjusting to the game after years of playing 2K5. Also quaterback vision is still giving me trouble, I got sacked 7 times in that game because I ended up unable to toss a quick pass to get rid of the ball. But I dont want to turn it off because I feel this is what sets the game apart from the rest.

Only time I've noticed the auto-subs are during pre-season games..then its not possible to shut it off..just after halftime you have to re-adjust your depthchart to put your starters back in. But you don't need TO or Pinkston...my 2006 game I traded TO to the Redskins for Santana Moss and Rod Gardner..add that in with Tai Streets picked up off free agency and I'm doin great...

As for the QB vision giving you a problem..well..thats something you'll need to adjust yourself to. A bit of a help though..I dunno which version your playing..hit the button to bring up the receivers..right trigger in Xbox, I dunno what in PS2..during the play hit that and quick hit the button for the receiver you wanna throw to...you'll adjust your vision to that receiver right away. Hope that helps a little bit..trying to adjsut the vision by usingh the thumbsticks is a royal pain..I did it during some practice sessions and got sacked about 20 times...

Is it me, or does the kick meter's speed change depending on game situation? I just blew out the Jets 45-17 and the meter seemed a lot slower than it was in the previous 20-13 game against the Bucs (and I missed an extra point in that one, so maybe I'm biased <_<)

Is it me, or does the kick meter's speed change depending on game situation? I just blew out the Jets 45-17 and the meter seemed a lot slower than it was in the previous 20-13 game against the Bucs (and I missed an extra point in that one, so maybe I'm biased <_<)

I'm loving this game . superstar mode is a good change of pace but I really like the addittion of precision passing and the vision cones. I'm finally getting the hand of it after about 20 or so sacks lol

one thing I kinda of dislike is the movie portion of superstar mode. I know it isn't hard but I think they could have done a lot better