Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

-they've removed all the backstage arenas

-removed the cruiserweight, womens and both tag team belts!

-removed stats tracker stuff, For fucks sake,

-there are only 41 workers in the lineup as opposed to 54 in the previous, come on.

Edited by Michael Matzat

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you're not doing that...tell me, how the hell is...

That...wasting your time trying to get someone to 'comprehend that quality > commercialization'? Because that's really not explaining your point. Fine, you don't like the game, then why are you still replying to the posts about it?

It's not, I guess you missed the part where I said I didn't want to or shouldn't even waste my time on you, and then you say "How is that an explaination", that's not an explaination, that's me knowing people like you are too fucking stupid to comprehend and accept an explaination, you just can't drill it into your thick skull that the game sucks.

Want an example, you have that Hitman diary advertised in your sig, I've played Hitman, not really a big fan of it. In fact, there are a lot better games out there. But have I replied to your thread saying 'WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DOING A DIARY ON THIS STUPID GAME!?!?' or 'THIS GAME SUCKS WHO'D DO A DIARY ON IT' or something stupid like that. No, it's simple to just stay away from teh topic as a whole if I don't care about it.

Woah, wrong, the diary is very loosely based on the game, I stole the vizualization, the story is completely fictional. Second, I'd love for you to come in my diary and tell me what a shitty game I am playing on because the game has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Amazingly, this is not a diary I am posting in, or your diary, but a thread, about a game, completely unconnected to a diary. If I went into Duke's diary and said "OMGWTF EWR SUCKS" it would be a misdirected flame with no relevance or substance, but if I did it in an EWR topic it is topical even if it is innapropriate. This is, amazingly enough, the SD vs. Raw topic, so talk about SD vs. Raw is not innapropriate at all.

Haven't even mentioned the voiceovers and online play

o rlly

See even 'little' things like that..are incentives to buy the next game, and not to mention that even with the roster update, they've also added other stuff. Better Caw presentation for one (look at the link I posted), online play, etc.

Well I know some aren't because they think it's a nonneeded addition..but I'm defintely happy about that.  :w00t:

Even if the only thing you can do is simple one on one matches and the like..

So still..if you're not with a group of friends at the time for a bunch of 'multiplayer' fun, you can still have a 'competitive' match..because I'm sure someone else may give you a match better then the computer.

IMO...like you I don't think it will be to detailed. I think it'll turn out like the SYM voiceovers...just like HCTP almost with you reading the normal text..but you'll get your occasional 'SUCCKKKKAAAA' or your 'I AM THE GAME' or something like that. But I for one enjoyed the little Austin, Booker, etc. voiceovers at times so it will be good, to me at least.

So on top of being stupid, you're also very forgettful and or willfully ignorant. I vote option B.

Almost the same case here, except I don't think SD sucks, that's just your opinion.

It's not just my opinion. There are basically two types of people who play wrestling games; you, and me. I play because I enjoy the gameplay and I like that it is an accurate simulation professional wrestling and well balanced and fun. You play because Jimmy just got the latest WWE game and if you don't, all your friends won't like you anymore. I'm convinced that you sit at home, listening to Britney Spears, because you know your friends all want to tap that ass, and you're really not intelligent enough to have a conversation without a popular cultural icon or event as the backbone. You say "I don't give a shit about this, that, I love the graphics and the liscense". Well, debate it or not, video games could be called art. And there are really two kinds of art. VVG, and Worhol. I know which one you enjoy. You're a flavour of the month kid and when everyone says "Holy shit this game sucks", so will you, and then you'll come on here and say the game sucks, and in a year, everyone will talk about the WWE revival... you'll be right there, wallet in hand and mouth open, just waiting for more refuse down the throat.

I read the review, and it wouldn't be the first review that I would have disagreed with IGN on.

Color me suprised.

Yes, SDvsRAW does have awesome graphics, and a great liscense, so yea, I will buy it. And there are a bunch of others that will too. And this affects you how? Since someway people buying the game obviously offends you.

It does offend me. Let me tell you why. We live today in a buyers market. With a down economy a horrible game can sink a company. But this is completely overcome by marketting it to idiots who will buy something because it looks pretty and has cool commercials. So THQ has been allowed to live on the, essentially, stupidity dollars from people who don't really care that their products are completely sub-par. Liscensed games always get preferntial treatment from both fans and the media alike, because it's more popular to love on liscensed products. So meanwhile, good games being made get no support from publishing house because a liscense is what sells. This offends me as a consumer, because now companies scimp on gameplay and just make sure to have a solid liscense attached, and that is offensive to me. I don't want to spend $80 on something that I am going to hate in a week because someone said "ooooo! Look! Liscense!" and everyone nodded their heads with visions of dollar signs dancing across their eyes.

Finally, in closing, this game sucks, that has been concluded. So arguing/debating is pointless, instead, I think I'll beg. Media, don't buy this game. Make companies accountable for their subpar efforts. Make corporate darwinism true again. And for fucks sake, if you buy this game, take your lumps because a return doesn't hurt THQ at all. If you must buy the game, don't make the guy who sold it to you suffer, just suffer yourself... you and all your popularist friends alike.

I'm upset that I'll only be able to have the IC and World Titles as Orton...but I guess it's alright...seeing as how I plan on having a second memory card so that I can "run" Ring of Honor and/or TNA through SVR (via the Create-a-Belts and Create-a-PPV features.)

The Sims updates were cool. They added new interactions and objects (and areas, starting with Hot Date that added a downtown area), but didn't change the graphics or remove stuff. (I have all the expansions except Makin' Magic. I bought Unleashed and Superstar at the same time, and played for about a month before I got tired of the game and deleted it from my HD....took up too much friggin' memory to leave it on the computer)

I guess I'll be skipping SD vs. RAW, after reading all this.

I like alternate attires on wrestlers, and wish they would have fixed it so that AI-controlled wrestlers wore different outfits in season if they had them. Only Cena and one of the legends having alternate attire just plain sucks!!! (Lemme guess....Mankind with the brown shirt he originally wore, or the white dress shirt? Or Kane with the original outfit and the mostly black one?)

No backstage arenas? I'm not too happy with that, but could probably live with one huge backstage area, provided there's a lot of weapons and junk back there.

But....

Taking out the tag, cruiserweight and women's belts are the big no-no. There is absolutely no excuse for that! One of my favorite parts of SYM and HCTP (the only two SD games I've played) was winning the tag belts with unlikely partners. (Not the storyline one in HCTP - I mean picking someone like...say...Ultimo Dragon or Stevie Richards as your partner and letting them get the win in the Ladder matches)

One thing I'm still fuming over from HCTP? They took out the ring entrance moves for the wrestlers who were in SYM but not HCTP. I could understand removing their music and Titantrons, but not the entrance moves. (I used Tazz's entrance for several CAWs I made up back in SYM)

Yukes\THQ needs to add stuff, instead of removing it, and hopefully when people find out about this, SD vs. RAW's sales will tank and they'll realize they f'd up by removing stuff.

Edited by GhostMachine

I'll be honest, I've bought every game in the series so far, believing that they actually are going to be improvements, but HCTP rolls around and I still fill like I'm picking different animations rather than grappling with the champ (and yes, I'm aware that's essentially what you do anyway, but good games make you suspend your disbelief, and y'know...enjoy it). I won't be buying SDvRAW, becuase it's become painfully obvious that Yukes/THQ are perfectly happy to use the licence to pull the wool over the fans' eyes.

It needs more stuff, not less. No wrestlers these days where the exact same attires every match, EVERYONE should have at least one alternate attire (especially guys like Vince and Bisch, who never wrestle in full business suits!). Tag career, so two people can play, is desperately needed (me and my brother would usually take turns doing singles matches, but it's no fun that way). The absolute unforgiveable removal in my eyes is the title defence in exhibition. It made the matches that more meaningful when you went full tilt with a friend for the world title, the bragging rights et al.

Guest ecwfan4life2004

I just put the game on layaway today at Walmart, I plan on picking it up tomorrow. But before I do, can someone answer a couple questions for me?

1. Is the Create a Wrestler any more in depth? Any new music? Any new videos?

2. Do all the legends have their theme music? I have heard that Bret Hart, the LOD, and I forget who else does have their theme music, which is one of the reasons I want the game, to have HBK vs Bret Hart one more time. Do all of the legends have music?

3. Can you defend your created titles in Season Mode? If so, in my opinion that makes up for the lack of tag titles and cruiser titles. I mean just think about it, having the ECW World Heavyweight Title defended on Smackdown or Raw, AWESOME!

4. Anyone know of any good CAW websites for the game?

5. Now that the game is released, what is the EXACT final roster. I plan on using Mark Jindrak and making him the World Champ.

6. I have heard so many people put down the game, does anyone out there love the game at all? There has to be some good things about the game.

Thanks

If anyone/everyone can answer these statements/questions, that would be very much appreciated.

Guest ecwfan4life2004

Just for a little bit of info for the guy who just posted about waiting for HCTP to become 20 dollars, well it is 20 dollars at a store called Walmart.

Have fun.

I've bought every single game in the smackdown series, but I believe that is going to change on this one. I may buy it eventually, like when it's 20$ next year when the next one comes out. I've heard way too many complaints about the game, and I'm glad I decided to spend my money on San Andreas rather than SD vs. RAW. Eventually I'll buy it, but it's not going to be at the top of my priority.

I've bought every single game in the smackdown series, but I believe that is going to change on this one.  I may buy it eventually, like when it's 20$ next year when the next one comes out.  I've heard way too many complaints about the game, and I'm glad I decided to spend my money on San Andreas rather than SD vs. RAW.  Eventually I'll buy it, but it's not going to be at the top of my priority.

I'm not denying it could well be a good game, it's just with the step back from HCTP in terms of titles, career, alternate costumes (the things I enjoy most), I can't justify the price. The clean/dirty meter and prematch minigames do sound good, but is it really worth shelling out £40 for them?

My brother's getting it anyway, so at least I don't have to pay...

I got the game today, so here are some short thoughts...

The gameplay is pretty much the same (which IMO is pretty fun) It's lacking in new match types, only new ones are the Parking Lot brawl and 6-man tag Elimination Chamber (which is great actually) the Face/Heel meter is a nice new twist, but the mini-games seem forced and pointless.

The season mode really pisses me off. As most probably know by now there are not alot of a story choices, the voice overs blow, they removed the cool stat feature, most of the titles, abilty to switch brands, assign Face/heel and worst of all,... you can only have one f'n CAW in a season at a time! Totally awful, like they were actually trying to ruin the fun I had in the HCTP season mode

Speaking of CAW, seems like less choices than before... it's still pretty good though. An ok amount of new moves but nothing that great really.

So far in CAW, I have made a super crappy Super Dragon (there is a decent Violence Party type move on the ropes) an "eh" American Dragon, a lacking Scott Lost and just started on Chris Hero (there is a cravate!) hopefully I'd get better at it as time progresses.

Overall, if you liked the last few games. Despite the many flaws, I guess you may as well pick this up... it's really great for multiplayer if nothing else (I just hope it doesn't ruin my PS2 like the last SD game did. Damn that "grinding glitch")