Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

Wow some people still moaning about it not being a good game even though it'll be by far the best wrestling game realesed to date.

KoC2 will probably be better than SVR. Gameplay wise, atleast. I play the SmackDown! series for the gimmick matches and the like, not for the gameplay.

But it's almost certain KoC2 will/could be better than SVR. Nevertheless, I'm still going to buy SVR.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KoC2 will probably be better than SVR. Gameplay wise, atleast. I play the SmackDown! series for the gimmick matches and the like, not for the gameplay.

But it's almost certain KoC2 will/could be better than SVR. Nevertheless, I'm still going to buy SVR.

But seriously...how many people are gonna get KOC? In the US that is. So when most people compare wrestling games...they probaly won't compare a game that they've never even seen the case for possibly.

A Spank meter? How old are these programmers? Otherwise those sound like huge improvements by Smackdown standards. Not sure about faces hulking up though, fair enough Eddie Guerrero or someone like that, but I dont really want to see Chuck Palumbo doing it.

I was a bit skeptical at first, as the Smackdown series is notorious for its massive letdowns. But I'm really starting to buy all the hype that's going into this game. Online play, face and heel meters, manager interference, create a belt, and create a PPV are all thuings that I can get excited about.

Guest SelfHighFive

I've never liked Create a PPV Mode, I've not seen one yet that actually serves a purpose. If the only purpose to this one is putting created belts on the line I can see that, but just putting matches together yourself, playing one and skipping the rest seems incredibly pointless, not sure why everyone begs for it in every game.

This will not be a game that surpasses No Mercy, I can assure you that. The Smackdown games are way too "arcade-like." The gameplay needs to slow down by about 30% at least, and some actual selling of moves would be nice, longer than 4-8 seconds.

That and climbing up an 8 foot ladder in half a second is kind of ridiculous...

This is starting to look really good! All the new features look great, and shows the developers actually want to innnovate the game rather than churn the same out each year. I just hope it lasts longer then the last game which I played non-stop for a month, and now only go on to pass a few minutes or when I get the urge to play a certain match.

As well as the awesome new features, I'd like these changes

- Make it actually hard. Smackdown! setting is easy. The only difficulty is the CPU counters 90% of moves. Its the same CPU AI as it is on easy setting, just counters tonnes more. Rather than have it counter all the time, why not make it ACTUALLY HARD on 'Smackdown', not just hard to land a move?

- Endurance needs to go longer. Superstars with '7' endurance get their asses beat easily, an wearing someone down with '10' endurance takes too little time. Make enurance go further.

- Added 'Parking Lot Brawl'? Why add new gimmick matches if you can't get the ones you have right. With the exception of the ones that are basically takes on single matches (Hardcore/Last Man Standing etc) and The Elimination Chamber all gimmick matches on HCTP sucked hard, Rumbles/Hell in a Cell/Ladder/Cage/Table included. They all need re-vamping.

And since as they have 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 Hardcore matches, why not actually include the normal variant of that match, and 2 vs.3 matches - ones that might actually be fun to play

- Another idea could be linked to the face heel meter included in the new game (it could boost the heel meter). It's basically a button that is used when you are pinning an opponent, or have him in a submission hold. With the tap of a button, you could hold the tights, put your feet on the rope, or hold the rope for extra leverage. Just and idea.

- Speaking of the submission bars, great move, poorly done. On any difficulty above 'normal' it was impossible to make someone tap. On 'Smackdown setting', it was impossible to stop the bar moving up! It was like being punished for playing the hardest setting. A slight change in difficulty is fair enough, but that was taking the piss. Their should be no massive change in the submission bar across the difficulty settings, as I should be able to make some tap on the hardest setting - a thing I gave up on long ago.

- Linked with SelfHighFives idea on selling moves. Your wrestler stays down longer, but can still kick out of pinfalls, and leap to break up pinfalls. For instance, I may be HBK in a triple threat match against Benoit and HHH. HHH is pinning Benoit, and I am down. I am able to 'crawl/leap/jump' across to break the pinfall up, but am still down/groggy after i've done it.

- This is linked with the above (the part about staying down longer)Maybe, if done right this could be good (it was done way wrong in Wrestlemania X8 for Gamecube), that some moves become more powerful as the match goes on. For instance, clothesline someone early on, and they get up fairly quickly, but do it after a long, gruelling match and they stay down longer. Not sure on this one, but its an idea. I think its partially in the game already?

Anyway, just my idea's. The new features and gamemodes look AWESOME. This SHOULD be a very good improvement on the series. Expecially now create a PPV mode is back! Looking forward to this game a lot more now.

I've never liked Create a PPV Mode, I've not seen one yet that actually serves a purpose. If the only purpose to this one is putting created belts on the line I can see that, but just putting matches together yourself, playing one and skipping the rest seems incredibly pointless, not sure why everyone begs for it in every game.

This will not be a game that surpasses No Mercy, I can assure you that. The Smackdown games are way too "arcade-like." The gameplay needs to slow down by about 30% at least, and some actual selling of moves would be nice, longer than 4-8 seconds.

That and climbing up an 8 foot ladder in half a second is kind of ridiculous...

No its a game that you think wont be better than No Mercy, not a game that wont be in the minds of everyone. I'm pretty certain the Smackdown series is more popular than No Mercy, which at the end of the day makes it a bigger success.

Why does a create a PPV suck? Its added into the game, is that not a good thing? Its not like they are saying you have to use it. Its there for people to create a PPV with like a dream card and defend titles and play various match's, what's so bad about that? I've always loved this feature.

Plus I thought the same as you about the selling of moves, but then again Media 2.0 pointed out that it is really pointless for a guy to get hurt and stay down for 5 minutes, because do you really want a wrestling game where you get a move done on you and have to sit there for 5 minutes waiting to get up?

No its a game that you think wont be better than No Mercy, not a game that wont be in the minds of everyone. I'm pretty certain the Smackdown series is more popular than No Mercy, which at the end of the day makes it a bigger success.

Why does a create a PPV suck? Its added into the game, is that not a good thing? Its not like they are saying you have to use it. Its there for people to create a PPV with like a dream card and defend titles and play various match's, what's so bad about that? I've always loved this feature.

Plus I thought the same as you about the selling of moves, but then again Media 2.0 pointed out that it is really pointless for a guy to get hurt and stay down for 5 minutes, because do you really want a wrestling game where you get a move done on you and have to sit there for 5 minutes waiting to get up?

RAW 2, for all its flaws, had the timing just right. They would stay down after big moves and personally I enjoyed the gameplay more than the SD series. Granted it had horrendous bugs like your enemies in your feuds attacking the person you happen to be fighting but the gameplay itself was better than Smackdown.

But seriously...how many people are gonna get KOC?

How many people have fucked Anna Paquin? Doesn't mean she's not a better lay then Paris "Burning" Hilton.

http://sdgaming.vzz.net/index.php?id=pictures/psw_cuts

These are apprently real, but what's up with Kane?

It was already said in the scanning of the PSM article that Kane would be in current gear and old school gear. :ohwell:

EDIT: I'm going to guess THQ played the game and took the screenshots since it's not avaiable right now, but...

28_copy1.jpg

:rolleyes:

Edited by Tristy

It was already said in the scanning of the PSM article that Kane would be in current gear and old school gear.  :ohwell:

EDIT: I'm going to guess THQ played the game and took the screenshots since it's not avaiable right now, but...

28_copy1.jpg

:rolleyes:

I guess perhaps a storyline in season mode is... Kane returns under the mask? Hm... maybe that should actually happen.

Guest SelfHighFive

I was just thinking "Wow! A new tag partner for JBL!"

Just looking at the roster they have already, this is gonna be horrible. Mark Jindrak? Mr. Velocity boy gets in the game? S2H? WHY?!

Hopefully Rikishi will be taken out very soon. I'm guessing the whole Kane thing is either his second costume (like SD:HCTP) or sadly, they'll make him a Legend like Taker, taking more away from current wrestlers being put in.

Like I said, I don't mind the Create a PPV if you can put Titles on the line, but think of past games with this feature. It added nothing to the game. All you could do was set up matches and choose to play them one right after the other with no actual purpose to them what so ever. It was pointless and boring, I just never could understand the want for them seeing as how before this announcement it was; "Set up up to 8 matches and then play them, then you'll go right back to the main screen, enjoy this innovative new feature everyone!"

Edited by SelfHighFive

I have to agree, Create a PPV IS pointless, but as long as titles are defendable outside of season mode, i'll be happy. The roster looks like absolute shit atm, really-shit, they dont even have the current SD tag champs :/ Btw, that Hitler CAW looks horrible, there was a better one made for HCTP.