Official Smackdown vs. Raw Thread

JoeMimic

I have to agree, Create a PPV IS pointless, but as long as titles are defendable outside of season mode, i'll be happy. The roster looks like absolute shit atm, really-shit, they dont even have the current SD tag champs :/ Btw, that Hitler CAW looks horrible, there was a better one made for HCTP.

You do realise thay isn't THE roster right? Just the ones they've made so far........... Their was an interview on NODQ.Com the other day with a THQ spokesman promising a larger roster, and saying anyone on TV in August will be in the game.

And I liked create a PPV mode. It added longetivity to the game, cos I enjoyed coming up with different match combinations, and trying to beat my previous records. At a very very basic level, thats what EWR/TEW is............... If you don't like it, fair enough, but you don't have to play it. Its a new feature that will add longetivity, and is a feature others want. Whats the problem?

Anyway, like i've said, the new features are awesome, but i'd like the following added/changed:

- Make it actually hard. Smackdown! setting is easy. The only difficulty is the CPU counters 90% of moves. Its the same CPU AI as it is on easy setting, just counters tonnes more. Rather than have it counter all the time, why not make it ACTUALLY HARD on 'Smackdown', not just hard to land a move?

- Endurance needs to go longer. Superstars with '7' endurance get their asses beat easily, an wearing someone down with '10' endurance takes too little time. Make enurance go further.

- Added 'Parking Lot Brawl'? Why add new gimmick matches if you can't get the ones you have right. With the exception of the ones that are basically takes on single matches (Hardcore/Last Man Standing etc) and The Elimination Chamber all gimmick matches on HCTP sucked hard, Rumbles/Hell in a Cell/Ladder/Cage/Table included. They all need re-vamping.

And since as they have 2 vs. 2 vs. 2 Hardcore matches, why not actually include the normal variant of that match, and 2 vs.3 matches - ones that might actually be fun to play

- Another idea could be linked to the face heel meter included in the new game (it could boost the heel meter). It's basically a button that is used when you are pinning an opponent, or have him in a submission hold. With the tap of a button, you could hold the tights, put your feet on the rope, or hold the rope for extra leverage. Just and idea.

- Speaking of the submission bars, great move, poorly done. On any difficulty above 'normal' it was impossible to make someone tap. On 'Smackdown setting', it was impossible to stop the bar moving up! It was like being punished for playing the hardest setting. A slight change in difficulty is fair enough, but that was taking the piss. Their should be no massive change in the submission bar across the difficulty settings, as I should be able to make some tap on the hardest setting - a thing I gave up on long ago.

- Linked with SelfHighFives idea on selling moves. Your wrestler stays down longer, but can still kick out of pinfalls, and leap to break up pinfalls. For instance, I may be HBK in a triple threat match against Benoit and HHH. HHH is pinning Benoit, and I am down. I am able to 'crawl/leap/jump' across to break the pinfall up, but am still down/groggy after i've done it.

- This is linked with the above (the part about staying down longer)Maybe, if done right this could be good (it was done way wrong in Wrestlemania X8 for Gamecube), that some moves become more powerful as the match goes on. For instance, clothesline someone early on, and they get up fairly quickly, but do it after a long, gruelling match and they stay down longer. Not sure on this one, but its an idea. I think its partially in the game already?

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they already like confirmed you could defend the titles in Create a PPV or something like that. I mean how is it really pointless? I'm not trying to say it will be great, but if its added then that's a good thing. The more new stuff the better, whether its something crap or not.

Plus the roster will be editted until late August so they said, so like anyone in WWE around August will make the cut, which means Kidman and London will be in for sure if you ask me. I couldn't care about Jindrak, the more wrestlers in the game the better.

Guest Kamala

I would love to see moves like the Arabian Facebuster and the Fork Attack, i think its a good possibility these moves could be added as the Styles Clash is on smackdown known as the Landing Pin, why not add the Arabian Facebuster as the Indian Facebuster or another fake name, i think this would be cool, a bigger moveset with some moves only seen in Puroresu and Mexico Lucha and not just Gaijin moves, there might be a few jap and mexican type moves in smackdown but not enough in my opinion. One other little featue i would like is the poison mist to leave a stain on there face, why hasnt this feature been added, it happens in Yukes Toukon Retsuden 4. How about dripping blood like LOW Showdown and as you get hit in the head the cut gets biggger, maybe blond hair getting stained by the blood. I think blading would be a cool idea to as you have never been able to control when the blood comes out. Blood stained Canvas would be cool too, Oh Yeah, dunno if this would be possible but maybe like plasters or bandages round the head when its been bladed and he comes out with one on the cut the next show.

One last thing, if i cant make a suitable Sabu or Sandman i am gonna blow up THQ and Yukes HQ. Scar Tissue is needed and a sheiks hat, AGHHH!. Oh yer a smash can over head entrance theme, and coming out with weapons like Singapore Canes would be cool. I WANNA ECW GAME THAT IS GOOD, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!.

Edited by Kamala

- This is linked with the above (the part about staying down longer)Maybe, if done right this could be good (it was done way wrong in Wrestlemania X8 for Gamecube), that some moves become more powerful as the match goes on. For instance, clothesline someone early on, and they get up fairly quickly, but do it after a long, gruelling match and they stay down longer. Not sure on this one, but its an idea. I think its partially in the game already?

It's in RAW 2 for the Xbox.

Guest SelfHighFive

I didn't mean Create a PPV was pointless with Title defenses Perfect, I meant that in previous games, all you did was set up matches, and choose to play them or skip them, nothing at the end, nothing in the beginning, nothing in the middle.

Hopefully the Titles are more than a picture with a name next to them like WM18.

Hopefully will all the added: CAB, CAPPV, and the like, they will mix the following:

- More than three matches per night.

- Have up up to six people per sable, and 30 stables.

- Add, delete, & remove whatever you want whenever you want in story mode

- Change All Bio info whenever

- Make the ref dumber, and non aggressive

- More title defense, less title switches, and World Champs should not go after lesser belts.

Either way, there goes 50 bucks

Guest Iron Mary

I stumbled across some aborted code for the possible JR/King commentary

<<JR=AD-LIBBED SOUTHERN CLICHE>> <<K=NON-RELEVANT TIT JOKE>> <<JR=MELODRAMATIC REACTION * 3>>

Har har! I made it up! I is teh funny~! :shifty:

• Admin

Don't know whether it's been mentioned or not, but the Royal Rumble has been revamped in a way. In Raw vs. SmackDown!, there's now a special move to throw people out of the ring, meaning you won't be able to just punch someone and have them do a somersault over the rope, which is an excellent addition in my opinion.

The opening taunts and stare-downs should be cool too, and from what I've seen the referee's counts are a lot faster. Apparantly there's also a Mission mode as well as a Career, and a new charisma stat.

Source: PSW Magazine.

If anyone does get the PSW magazine, watch the Mysterio/Benoit match and notice the voiceover man pronouce Benoit, "Benwit" :lol:

:o Rumble revamped? Greatest thing they could have done, well one of the greatest things. The Royal Rumbles always seemed to suck, minus the fact you could have some fun if your playing with loads of friends. At least now it can be a little more realistic.

you know what revamped means for smackdown right ? ore havent you followed the revampng that took place betwen the games before ? :P

:o Rumble revamped? Greatest thing they could have done, well one of the greatest things. The Royal Rumbles always seemed to suck, minus the fact you could have some fun if your playing with loads of friends. At least now it can be a little more realistic.

you know what revamped means for smackdown right ? ore havent you followed the revampng that took place betwen the games before ? :P

You do understand you have the worst opinion ever? Everything you say is negative. Don't buy the game if its that shit.

Guest Iron Mary

Meh, it's Matzat. I just skim over any posts he makes in SD! threads because I know the general content will be "SD! is shit" (albeit with a logical argument). I actually agree with the idea of SD! being too much of a 'marky' game.

You do understand you have the worst opinion ever? Everything you say is negative. Don't buy the game if its that shit.

1. I say a lot of positive things, i just got my standarts.

2. I´ed never think about buying this game :D

it´s a hot topic

i got my opinion on it

i got a base for that opinion that makes sens

what do you have ? OMFG IT HAS AN ELIMINATION CHAMBER ? . . . i missed the part were that makes the horrible basic engin anny better, were is the use to all this shit everyone is peing theirself over in joy wen you can eat a finisher, kick out, get pinned arain without another move, and get the 1,2,3 (that happens often) that game is full of this stuff and such things are just not good, as hard as your erection from this game might be...

without the WWE label no one would give shit about this game

I don't believe that's true whether you do or not. People bought Def Jam Vendetta. Didn't see a WWE label on that. People bought backyard wrestling..nope, no WWE logo on thta. And I'm sure people will probaly buy Rumble Rose, and that will be another wrestling game with no WWE logo. So don't assume..that without a WWE label people wouldn't buy the game.

I don't believe that's true whether you do or not. People bought Def Jam Vendetta. Didn't see a WWE label on that. People bought backyard wrestling..nope, no WWE logo on thta. And I'm sure people will probaly buy Rumble Rose, and that will be another wrestling game with no WWE logo. So don't assume..that without a WWE label people wouldn't buy the game.

yes, DefJam only had one of the top black music labels and it´s artists . . . tried thinking ?

Backjard wrestling did only do good for the level it was planed on, nothing big, and had ICP suport.

Rumble Rose issent in stores yet, i higly doubt that it will do annywere near as good as smackdown ore def jam, most of the people that will buy that crap are kids in puperty that have to much monney, if you have seen the video you could see that it issent even only from the same developers, it also looks EXAKTLY like smackdown, i bet everyone want to own the game twice, especialy the version with more boobs and less WWE brand gimmik matches/starpower.

I was talking about a Name selling the game . . . do you have to be over anal ore did you just not get that ? If Smackdown would be a noname titel it would never even have the chanse to become an insider tip. Now compare that to a realy realy good game no one knew about before it came "here", like disgaea wich became the secret hit 2003 just by qualety and word by mounth, whitout hugh comercial hype, TV time, PPVs and so on. Just by word by mouth throu it´s qualety "shit dude, this game is so great check it out" - total sellout and to my knowledge the first ever game Atlus US represed becaus it is still going so good. Iagin a game with all the flaws of smackdown having the need to get passed around like that, dead end. Shit you can´t even have a propper one vs one match in that game without being pissed by so manny things . . .

Guest SelfHighFive

Wow, a special move to eliminate people from the Rumble? You mean like they had for all the other WWE games the last couple years on X-Box and Gamecube? Well by gawd!!!! I'll go put $50 away so I can do the same thing in SD6 that I can do in older games! :D

Seriously though, with the "improvements" they've done so far, I'm not gonna be looking into buying this game until it starts going down in price unless we see Legends people would WANT to use, plus their actual ring entrances and MUSIC.

WOw...people actually care that much about something such as...music? Well entrance music?

How many times do you watch the entrances anyways?

I was talking about a Name selling the game

And yes...people would rather have a Jericho/Benoit main event at a real PPV arena, rather then wrestler A vs wrestler B. :rolleyes: That automatically means they don't know what a good game is! OMG!

Not everyone thinks that SD is a bad game. That being graphics, gameplay whatever. Hell, some might not see 'THE MAGIC THAT IS KOC~~!!' that interesting if they were to play it...so I guess it's just difference of opinion.

Edited by Media 2.0