Bands you hated/were opinionless of....

Liam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was meh on Pink Floyd, but I saw the light....I became Comfortably Numb, and then I listened to more Floyd and now they are my 2nd favourite band.

The Darkness are the greatest band ever, don't be afraid to like them. <_<

Probably the only band I've hated that I now like is the Foo Fighters. Well, I didn't hate them, I just thought they were a bland, average rock band, but it turns out they're fantastic.

The most recent would be Mindless Self Indulgence. I hated them in high school, but have recently grown to appreciate their quirky style.

Believe it or not, I also was not a big Dead Kennedys fan when I first heard them. I can't place my finger on it, it was probably due to my youth, and being more accustomed to stuff like the Doors, Hendrix, Beatles, RATM, etc. (most of which I rarely listen to now). Funnily enough, DK is now one of my all-time favorite bands, over the four that used to be favorites of mine.

I also wasn't a big fan of the Pogues the first time I heard them (which was a few years ago). I now adore that band, and can't get enough of them.

Radiohead - i heard of them first about 5 years ago, didn't think anything of them. Then my mate went to go see them live and got right into them and i started hating them. Then i didn't hear anything of them for a long time then suddenly i've grown this liking towards them. Then i went and picked up Paranoid Android so i suppose you could say i'm a fan now

Jeff Buckly - i didn't really think anything of him when i first heard him...then i started taking singing lessons for our band and realised how technical some of his stuff is...especially with not having an incredibally high voice to start with

Gorillaz - when i first heard Clint Eastwood i liked it, but i didn't think the band as a whole were all too interesting. Then i got demon days and a request to do a cover of clint eastwood and now it's one of my favourite songs at the moment. Demon days is without many flaws

Fightstar - well the first song they released anyway, the rest is still shit. I just love the drums the second time they do the bridge.

I didn't really like Amen at first either, like 5 years ago, after hearing the first album. I really got into We Have Come For Your Parents... then back into the first album.

I didn't understand Bjork at first either, now I wub her.

Blink 182 - I use to hate them, I hated Tom's Voice because it sounded annoying as anything. Well it still does, but I can stand it now.

The Killers - Something about there sound I just didn't like, so I dusted off Hot Fuss the other day, and that besides Death Cab for Cutie, is the only thing I've been listening too.

System of a Down -- I hated them when I heard Chop Suey. I then started to like that song, then I liked Toxicity, Question and another one.

The Killers -- I hated Somebody Told Me, then it grew on me and now I find it enjoyable.

Trivium -- Hated them to begin with. Started to like Pull Harder and found myself enjoying their album.

The Darkness -- I can admit I used to take the piss out of them all the time, but then I realised they were like a modern classic rock.

Foo Fighters -- I'm in love with the song Best of You. I can now sit through most FF songs, whereas I couldn.t.

Jimmy Eat World -- I just didn't like them then I started to like The Middle and another song they did.

Linkin Park -- Absolutley despised them at one point. Then I got into Numb, and voile, I enjoyed them.

My Chemical Romance -- Took the piss out of them too, then listened and liked Helena, Im Not Okay, Demolition Lovers and Ghost of You.

The Offspring -- Cant Repeat, I love that song. I used to always consider not serious, but yeah. They're quite good.

White Stripes -- Seven Nation Army and Blue Orchid are two of my favourite songs right now. I used to turn the channel over when they came on.

Velvet Revolver -- Same, I used to hate them 'cause it was a 'Sell Out' kind of thing with GNR. Now I wub 'em.

I never really had the patience to 'get into' Radiohead, possibly because the only people I knew that liked them were a bunch of elitest cunts. Once I started listening to them properly, I began to apreciate them and would rate them one of my favourite bands.

There's a lot of other bands I kind of had first opinions about, even without hearing them. Pantera would probably be the best example as at a time I thought they played nothing but some real hardcore or heavy shit, It wasen't until I started listening to some of they're albums in they're entirity that I realised they had some great melodic stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

A Perfect Circle - I hate Weak and Powerless and then I saw the Fantastic Four trailer with Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rythm Of The War Drums and loved it now like all their music including Weak and Powerless.