Bands you hated/were opinionless of....

Liam

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 Crazyfists - Didn't get them at all to start with. But then I got into the "At the End of August" single when it came out and everything else just slipped into place. Now all I need is to get their albums.

Damageplan - First listened to them and thought, meh, was okay. But then I picked up the CD again just after Dime had died and got into it a hell of a lot more. "Save Me" and "Blink of an Eye" are the ones for me that done it.

Nightwish - Took one look at them and disliked the whole setup, but then listened to them and like as happens with me a lot I loved them.

My Chemical Romance - The first single didn't draw me in "I'm Okay" or whatever it was, but then "Helena" and "Ghost of You" came out and I loved both of those songs. Getting played a lot at the moment.

Of all bands, now one of my very favourites in Audioslave, I couldn't stand Cochise, maybe it was the fact it didn't sound at all like RATM and I held a stupid grudge for it not being Zach, but about four months later I got the album from a mate who got two copies for his birthday, I fell in love and even grew to like Cochise.

Radiohead: I got OK Computer just cos it was raved about that year.

I liked Karma Police and Paranoid Android but that was about it.

The last few years, with Kid A especially has had me going "Wow!" And now OK COmputer for me is a fantastic album.

Bjork: As a teenage lad the last thing I was interested in was some strange, not-quite-attractive-enough Icelandic weirdo warbling on.

Then I saw sense. Homogenic won me over big style.

Air: Sexy Boy I remember well and thought meh but since then, I've grown to love 'em, especially "10,000 Hz Legend" which got bad critic response but I think it's great.

3 Doors Down.  I hated Kryptonite when it first came out, just due to how much it was played on the radio at the time.

Also, Fall Out Boy has won me over after much initial resistance.

I don't like Fall Out Boy, but I will admit that "Sugar, We're Going Down" has one of the catchiest choruses I've heard all year. I wouldn't want to hear it regularly but as it stands I enjoy hearing it once every few days at most.

For sure their songs are catchy as hell and the band is energetic as well, so I am pumped to see them. By the way, that lyrics is:

"So wear me like a locket, around your throat,

I'll weigh you down, I'll watch you choke,

You look so good in blue, you look so good in blue..."

And that's from the song, there's two versions out there, one is acoustic, "Nobody Puts Baby In The Corner".

Edited by Apple Shampoo

• 4 weeks later...

My Chemical Romance - "I'm Not Okay" is one of the worst songs I've heard all year, but the rest of "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" is awesome.

Coheed & Cambria - I hated "Favor House Atlantic" or whatever the fuck it was called, but their new CD is amazing.

Disturbed - "Stupify" did nothing for me, but after I saw them live, I was a fan for life.

And yes, even...

Garbage - I didn't like "Stupid Girl" at all and then I heard "Only Happy When It Rains" and was hooked. And to this day, I don't understand why the hell I didn't like "Stupid Girl" at first.

Manic Street Preachers.

I used to pass them off as "indie crap" throughout my earlier years. Then I downloaded "The Holy Bible" and then rushed out to buy the deluxe version of it. Absolutely jaw droppingly fantastic album.

Now I adore them, even listening from THB all the way up to Lifeblood. Their music is inconsistent, a lot of great songs contrasted with some fairly awful ones, but overall they are a great band. Back when Richey was in the band, they really did rock.