XBox 360 Price Revealed

zero

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I paid £330 for my PS2. I got it in the few couple of months with my student loan. Got a game, two control pads and a memory card. Also could get an extra game cheaper, so I did.

That would be about $594 US.

When the PS3 comes out I'm expecting a similar cost so won't be surprised. Ultimately if you want something brand new it's worth it. Now I'm married I don't think I'll be able to get this one brand new unless I prove to the mrs that we NEED it!

Here's hoping the first generation of the Xbox 360 doesn't have the same problems as the first generation of the Xbox did.

I STILL get "disc read error" on my Xbox....

Its gotten even worse for PS2 owners. At least with the Xbox, Microsoft attempted to resolve the problem by replacing the DVD drive with another one. They did this twice, eventually finishing on, I think, the Samsung, which is being used in all new Xboxs for the last couple of years. Again, I think, im not sure if its the right one, there were 2 other drives that I might have gotten it mixed up with.

Anyway, im rambling. Back to the PS2. Sony didn't really even bother to remedy the problem with PS2s, after a few years they stop playing certain types of games and then start stopping altogether. Sony were eventually slapped with a class action lawsuit because the problems were so common. And they still haven't made any adjustments to the hardware for this.

But they fix the problem for free, so who cares?

They used to, but they don't anymore.

Yes they do, mine was fixed for free not too long ago. We've had this debate many times, and every time you keep saying Sony doesn't fix it for free... yes they do!

Wow, is anybody besides me getting the Revolution? Its backwards compatable and sounds like you get more bang for buck.

Thought seeing as we are talking about XBOX 360, i will agree with everyone who is saying you should get the more expensive one as for more bang for the buck. PS3 does sound tempting, so the lesson is to wait and see.

Question thought: What are PS3's scheduled launch titles so far?

Wow, is anybody besides me getting the Revolution? Its backwards compatable and sounds like you get more bang for buck.

Thought seeing as we are talking about XBOX 360, i will agree with everyone who is saying you should get the more expensive one as for more bang for the buck. PS3 does sound tempting, so the lesson is to wait and see.

Question thought: What are PS3's scheduled launch titles so far?

I have no idea if I'm getting which one yet. But judging on the current generation of consoles it'll be between X360 and PS3.