XBox 360 Price Revealed

zero

wait...so I have to buy another scripscription to Xbox live, but now its Xbox Live Gold? Fucking hell. I thought Live was going to be free this time around.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have Xbox live already it carries over into the Xbox 360 as the Gold package. At least that's what I get from the jist(I think I read something like that on IGN.)

EDIT: Beat to the punch

As for me, I'm saving up for all three. Hence why I'm getting a job sometime soon to save up(oh yeah.)

Edited by Ekin Jones

Im sure that im not going to buy any of the consoles on release, regardless of what games are coming out.

Im going to wait about 6 months, buy up all the current generation games when they go cheap, whilst waiting for prices to drop on the next generation. Considering Xbox 360 games are going for between £45-50 on every website I have seen, im not really looking forward to the next generation that much anyway.

I'm not 100% sure on wether to get the 'core' pack or the premium pack. On the one hand you can't save games to the hard-drive on the 360 which is as lame as hell, meaning I'd need to shell out for the add-on hard-drive or a memory card anyway, plus you get a lot of other stuff in the premium version.

On the other hand, its £70 more, and barring the hard-drive, all the other things that come with the premium pack is geared toward on-line gaming, and that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I could not be less interested in on-line gaming.

Its like microsoft are saying, 'yeah, we have a cheaper version for the non-hardcore gamer, or people that don't want to play on-line, but you need the on-line focused, hardcore premium pack to really use the fucking console anyway.'

Which sucks.

Plus, if you were to buy the core pack and then the hard-drive seperate it'd cost shitloads. Its like they have no intention of anyone buying the core pack anyway, they're almost making people buy the premium pack.

Is suppose I can't really blame them, but still...... fuckers......

EDIT - As for launch titles, this is from IGN.com

August 10, 2005 - North American retailer Electronics Boutique, which expects Microsoft to ship the Xbox 360 as early as November 2, 2005 for an MSRP of $299.99, has comprised a complete, albeit questionable, list of X360 games for the console launch, IGN learned today from several EB outlets.

The list IGN acquired from EB retailers today features 21 launch titles, including three first-party games from Microsoft Game Studios -- Perfect Dark LE (i.e. Limited Edition), Kameo: Elements of Power, and Project Gotham Racing 3, approximate pricing, and sku numbers for every game.

Microsoft representatives officially re-confirmed with IGN today Rare titles Perfect Dark and Kameo would definitely launch day and date with the system, echoing Vice President Peter Moore's comments prior to E3. "PGR3 should launch with the system, if everything works according to plan," said a Microsoft representative. "But those first two (Perfect Dark and Kameo) are our big pushes for day one."

The full list, posted here alphabetically, includes:

Amped 3 (2K Games)

Call of Duty 2 (Activision)

Condemned (Sega)

Dead Or Alive 4 (Tecmo)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Bethesda)

Final Fantasy XI (Microsoft)

Full Auto (Sega)

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (Ubisoft)

Gun (Activision)

Kameo: Elements of Power (Microsoft)

Madden NFL 06 (EA)

NBA 2K6 (2K Games)

NHL 2K6 (2K Games)

The Outfit (THQ)

Perfect Dark LE (Microsoft)

Project Gotham Racing 3 (Microsoft)

Quake 4 (Activision)

Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)

Saints Row (THQ)

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (Activision)

Top Spin 2 (2K Games)

There were noticeable mistakes, however. The Godfather, for instance, was still listed as a launch title, even though EA officially announced its delay until Q1 2006. Too Human Part 1 was included, and Microsoft officially told IGN that was incorrect (duh). It also listed Burnout Revenge as a launch title, even though EA confirmed with IGN that a version of Burnout Revenge wouldn't appear until 2006.

Xbox 360 second wave launch titles, which EB has scheduled for November 16, include the majority of Electronic Arts' games:

Burnout Revenge

FIFA Soccer 06

Peter Jackson's King Kong

NBA Live 06

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06

Namco's Frame City Killer is listed as releasing November 19, 2005.

EB's own data includes a $59.99 price for every Xbox 360 game, except one, Kameo, which listed at $49.99. The retailer told IGN that software prices weren't fixed yet, as Microsoft, third-party publishers, and presumably North American retailers hash out final prices.

EB even has Halo 3 listed as shipping July 1, 2006, presumably the same day as Sony's PlayStation 3.

We'll have more on Xbox 360 launch titles soon.

Edited by timmayy

Y'know ... I initially shot down the $399 package, but its starting to grow on me. I might actually pick it up at launch, the first time I've ever picked up a system at its launch. I waited three years for PS1, and a lot longer for N64. I only just got a GBA this year, and a PS2 last year.

The closest I've ever come is the PSP that I bought last week.

But anyway, Quake 4 makes me happy, as does the Windows Media compatibility.

I'm not 100% sure on wether to get the 'core' pack or the premium pack. On the one hand you can't save games to the hard-drive on the 360 which is as lame as hell, meaning I'd need to shell out for the add-on hard-drive or a memory card anyway, plus you get a lot of other stuff in the premium version.

On the other hand, its £70 more, and barring the hard-drive, all the other things that come with the premium pack is geared toward on-line gaming, and that doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. I could not be less interested in on-line gaming.

Its like microsoft are saying, 'yeah, we have a cheaper version for the non-hardcore gamer, or people that don't want to play on-line, but you need the on-line focused, hardcore premium pack to really use the fucking console anyway.'

Which sucks.

Plus, if you were to buy the core pack and then the hard-drive seperate it'd cost shitloads. Its like they have no intention of anyone buying the core pack anyway, they're almost making people buy the premium pack.

Is suppose I can't really blame them, but still...... fuckers......

Has anyone pre-ordered one yet? I looked at Amazon, GAME, and somewhere else, but they couldn't guarentee one on the day of release, and a few more Play, Gamestation don't say either way.

I want it the day it's released, and I'm not sure how I'd go on in town.

Edited by timmayy