Redemption From Humiliation

I Don't Mind

Unforgiven:

Date: September 18, 2005

JR: “Welcome ladies and gentlemen to WWE RAW Presents: Unforgiven!”

King: “We’ve got a heck of a line up tonight JR. Oh and it looks like the match of the night is going to happen right now! Puppies!”

Ashley Massaro vs. Lita - Special Guest Referee - Christy Hemme

Ashley Massaro comes down first to the ring, getting a fairly low pop from being so new. Lita comes down next and gets a lot of heat. Christy Hemme comes down last in a referee shirt to a fairly ok pop. Ashley and Lita go nose to nose and then take turns shoving each other. The two lock up in a collar-elbow tie-up which turns into each competitor tearing at one another’s hair. Christy tries to get between them but SWEARVE Ashley plows down Christy with a big Clothesline. Lita and Ashley smile at one another before they team up and begin kicking away at the fallen Christy. They pick her up only long enough for Lita to spike her head into the mat with a DDT. Ashley and Lita share a high five before leaving with one another’s arms draped over each other’s shoulders.

Overall: 70

The camera goes over to JR and The King at the announcers booth.

JR: “What has gotten into 2005 Diva Search Winner Ashley Massaro, King?"

King: “I have no idea JR. But it’s clear that Lita and Ashley have joined forces. I wanted Ashley to make friends here on RAW but I think it’s safe to say she needs to learn how to make better friends.”

JR: “Christy is being helped out of the ring now by a team of referees. This is tragic, I hope she’s ok. Anyways, lets move on, lets change focus and digress. Next up is our Flag match between Rene Dupree and Danny Basham, lets take a look at how this all started.”

The hype video is shown of Danny Basham answering Rene Dupree’s challenge on Heat. Highlights of their bloody battle are shown, followed by Dupree costing Basham the IC Title, and their second match together.

Rene Dupree vs. Danny Basham - Flag Match

Basham makes his entrance first to a lot of USA chants. Apparently his gimmick is getting him quite over, quite quickly. Rene Dupree comes out next to a lot of heat, of course, being the anti-American with a microphone in hand.

Rene: “Look at this dumpster of an arena! This is definitely American built. Or maybe it was us Canadian Frenchman that built this dumpster… for the sole purpose to store all you American Trash in it! Tonight, the French Phenom will retrieve his French-Canadian flag, and wave it proudly! Because there is no flag more beautiful, and more uplifting then the French-Canadian flag! I’m the only man who could win this sort of the match because I’m the French Phenom, which makes me simply… phenomenal!”

Dupree dropped the microphone and climbed into the ring. The two stare each other down in the center of the ring, with some trash talk thrown out at one another. Dupree slaps Basham, to which he receives a series of right hands to start this off. Basham whips Dupree off the ropes and ducks down for a Back Body Drop but gets kicked in the face. Dupree goes for a clothesline but Basham ducks it and hit’s a Back Drop. Basham slams Dupree down on the mat with a big Stalling Suplex then fires up the crowd as he climbs the ropes to untie his flag. Dupree gets up and pulls Basham down off the ropes, nailing several right hands before attempting to whip Basham off the ropes, only for it to get reversed. Dupree ducks a clothesline this time and on the way back, drops Basham with a back elbow to the face. Dupree slams Basham down with a scoop slam then hit’s the French Tickler. Dupree now climbs the ropes to get his flag, but Basham nails him from behind with some forearms to the back. Basham climbs up the ropes and slams Dupree’s head into the steel pole twice before throwing him back down onto the mat. Basham climbs to the top rope and as Dupree gets up, he catches him with a Flying Axe Handle. Basham goes for the Gutwrench Powerbomb but Dupree slips out the backdoor. Dupree staggers over to the ropes and as Basham approaches finds himself on the receiving end of the Hotshot. Dupree then picked Basham up onto his shoulder for the Snake Eyes as he charges towards the corner of his flag, but Basham slips out the back door and shoved Dupree face first into the steel pole. Dupree staggers back over to Basham and receives a Fisherman Suplex, which Basham is calling the Old Glory Suplex. Both men are down but Basham makes it to his feet first. Basham slowly climbs the ropes and begins to untie his flag but Dupree crawls over and stands up between Basham’s legs, slamming him down with a Powerbomb. With both men down after the Powerbomb, Dupree makes it to his feet first and signals for the end. Dupree picks Basham up and goes for the Dupree Driver (Michinoku Driver II) but Basham rakes the eyes and after slipping out, nails Dupree with the Gutwrench Powerbomb. Basham climbs back up the ropes and finishes untying his flag, and waves it around as the victor. Basham then lays the flag over Dupree’s body. Dupree wakes up to see Red White and Blue and begins spazzing out. Dupree rolls out of the ring and makes his way up the aisle, wiping of his face in disgust of the flag.

Winner: Danny Basham

Overall Rating: 79

Crowd Rating: 76

Match Rating: 82

JR: “USA prevails again King.”

King: “I’m glad somebody finally gave the French Phenom what he deserves, a good ass kicking!”

JR: “It was a slobber knocker King, no doubt. But next up is our Intercontinental Title match with your favorite Carlito, vs. my favorite, EUGENE!”

King: “Oh God. How can you like Eugene JR? Here let’s roll the footage so maybe I can see what it is you like about him.”

The hype video is shown, showing Eugene winning the Number One Contender Match, then beating Carlito and the beating that ensued.

Carlito is shown backstage holding his Intercontinental Title with Todd Grisham by his side with a microphone.

Grisham: “Carlito. Tonight you face off against Eugene one on one for your Intercontinental Title. Now last week Eugene beat you in a singles match in a non-title match. Are you at all intimidated by Eugene’s win last week over you?”

Carlito: “Intimidated? Todd what question… it’s not cool! Just like you! Eugene got lucky last week, that’s all. I was going easy on him, but tonight things will be different! Tonight Carlito walks in Intercontinental Champion, and walks out Intercontinental Champion! Now That! That’s cool!”

Carlito takes out his apple and starts tossing it into the air and catching it making Todd Grisham nervous. As Carlito goes to bite it he stops before his mouth touches it.

Carlito: “You know what Todd? I think I’ll save this apple for Eugene. Just like last week. Because Eugene is not cool, and you know me. I spit in the face of people who aren’t cool!”

Carlito vs. Eugene - Intercontinental Title

Eugene came down first, followed by Carlito. The two circled the ring a little before locking up in a collar-elbow tie-up. Carlito locks on a tight headlock that puts a smile on his face, but Carlito was not so happy when Eugene broke the headlock by whipping Carlito off the ropes. Eugene dropped down as Carlito jumped over him, but on the rebound off the ropes Carlito got plowed down by the comical Eugene via a shoulder block. Eugene gave a goofy Hulk Hogan taunt before running around the ring slapping his head and waving. The two stare down before going to lock horns again, but this time Carlito gave Eugene a cheap boot the gut followed by a few right forearms to the face. Carlito whipped Eugene into the opposing corner with such velocity that he bounced right out into a running Clothesline from Carlito. Carlito covered Eugene for a two count then applied another side headlock. Eugene pulled himself to his feet and nailed Carlito with a Back Drop. As Carlito pulled himself to his hands and knees, Eugene mounted his back and began to ride him like a horsy, slapping his back comically. Carlito rolled forward, catapulting Eugene into the turnbuckles but Eugene saved his head by stopping himself from hitting the turnbuckles. As Carlito got back up he charged at Eugene for a Clothesline but Eugene ducked it, and floated over into a DDT, shades of The Rock. Eugene applauded himself for this and covered Carlito for a two count. Eugene picked Carlito up but Carlito nailed Eugene with a rake to the eyes. Eugene staggered over to the corner where he received several boots to the gut from Carlito, dropping him down to the mat. Carlito then began to choke Eugene with his boot until the referee pulled him away. Carlito exited the ring and reentered the ring with his apple. Eugene crawled over to Carlito on his hands and knees only to receive a boot to the back of the head. Carlito took a big bite into the apple and spit it right in the face of Eugene. This caused Eugene to snap! Carlito tossed the apple out of the ring and picked Eugene up. He slammed Eugene’s head into the turnbuckle but to no effect. He slammed his head again and again but still to no effect. Eugene began to Hulk Up before unleashing his fury on Carlito with rights and lefts at every turn. Eugene gave Carlito not one arm wringer, but two, to which Carlito went for a right hand but Eugene ducked it releasing the arm wringer and floated behind Carlito hitting a German Suplex. Eugene went for the Stunner but Carlito shoved Eugene off chest first into the ropes, throwing him back into a Schoolboy with Carlito’s feet on the second rope for the three count. Carlito grabbed his IC belt and made a dash up the aisle.

Winner: Carlito

Overall Rating: 78

Crowd Rating: 74

Match Rating: 83

JR: “That damn Carlito! He just screwed poor Eugene out of the Intercontinental Title!”

King: “What are you talking about JR? Carlito pinned Eugene fair and square.”

JR: “Fair and Square my big Oklahoma butt King! Carlito had his feet on the ropes!”

King: “I didn’t see anything like that!”

JR: “Yeah, big surprise! You don’t see when your favorite in the match is cheating, go figure. Alright folks lets talk about our next match! Shelton Benjamin takes on Kurt Angle.”

King: “Yeah, better show the video for our next match before JR has a heart attack.”

A video is shown of the Benjamin-Eugene Number One Contender Match where the lights went out and Benjamin lost. The next clip on the video is Angle-Benjamin where the lights went out again and Angle was disqualified for holding a chair.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Kurt Angle - Teacher vs. Student Match II

Angle makes his entrance first to a lot of “You Suck” chants as usual. Shelton makes his entrance next to a big reaction, as he runs down the aisle and slides into the ring. Angle and Benjamin mat wrestle for a good minute and a half, just counter after counter, sliding over and under and all around one another with neither getting any clear advantage. Finally Angle just clearly shoved Benjamin off of him looking irate that he can’t win. The two tie-up with Angle getting a side-headlock on Benjamin. Benjamin goes for a Back Drop but Angle lands on his feet. Angle goes for a right hand but Benjamin ducks it floating behind Angle and locking him in a hammerlock, but floating back around turning it into a front-facelock. Angle goes for a Northern Lights Suplex but Benjamin lands on his feet. Benjamin now goes for a right hand but Angle ducks it going behind Benjamin for a German Suplex. Benjamin goes for a back elbow to break the waistlock but Angle ducks and Benjamin spins himself around still in Angle’s waistlock. Angle nails Benjamin with a Overhead Belly to Belly Suplex for only a two count. Angle locks in a Surfboard like submission with a knee in the downed Benjamin’s back and a crossface around his mouth but he releases it after resting. Angle picks Benjamin up and whips him into the corner but Benjamin grabs hold of the top rope and throws his feet into the air as Angle charges. Angle however stops short and grabs Benjamin’s feet, throwing him over the ropes onto the apron. Angle goes for a right hand that Benjamin ducks and Benjamin hits Angle with a Neckbeaker over the ropes. Benjamin climbs back up onto the apron and as Angle crawls to his feet holding his neck, Benjamin nails Angle with the Springboard Bulldog for a two count. Benjamin picks Angle up, but Angle slips behind Benjamin nailing him with a big German Suplex. Angle still has the waist lock in on Benjamin and hit’s the German two more times for the Hat Trick. Angle and Benjamin pull themselves up slowly, Angle still holding his neck. Angle charges at Benjamin who pulled himself up by the ropes and Benjamin Back Body Drops Angle over the top rope to the ground below. Benjamin fires up the crowd as Angle pulls himself back up, then bounces off the ropes and hit’s a senton over the top rope onto Angle for a “Holy Shit” chant. Benjamin yells that that’s it and throws Angle in the ring. Benjamin picks Angle up but Angle trips him and locks him in the Angle Lock. Benjamin begins hopping on one foot as the other is in the Angle Lock and reaches for the ropes but Angle won’t allow him to get it. Benjamin throws his foot that he’s hopping on up and catches Angle with a Dragonwhip like kick on the side of the head knocking him goofy. Benjamin crawls over to Angle and covers him for the two count. Benjamin picks Angle up one more time and this time nails him with the T-Bone Suplex. Benjamin covers Angle - One! Two! The lights go out for a few seconds and when they come back on the referee and Shelton Benjamin are unconscious in the ring. Kerwin White stands over them with a steel chair in hand. Kerwin throws Angle’s arm over Shelton and throws the referee over to the pin where he slowly counts the three. Kerwin drops the chair and picks Shelton’s limp body up. Kerwin nails Benjamin with a Brainbuster right onto the steel chair before leaving.

Winner: Kurt Angle

Overall Rating: 93

Crowd Rating: 90

Match Rating: 96

JR: “That was a brutal assault but Kerwin White.”

King: “I don’t quite understand it JR, why would Kerwin attack Shelton?”

JR: “I have an idea but I’ll save my opinions for later. I can not believe the brutal assault we witnessed. However ladies and gentleman, next up we have possibly the most explosive segment to ever grace a pay per view.”

King: “Alright baby! Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel featuring Stone Cold Steve Austin!”

JR: “Up and comer CM Punk with his girlfriend Vicki Adams have threatened to crash The Highlight Reel and face Stone Cold face to face.”

King: “Oh boy. Lets take a look at how this all built itself up.”

A Hype video for CM Punk is shown, attacking RVD on Heat, attacking him again on RAW on The Highlight Reel, attacking Val Venis and his interview on Steve Austin.

SXE vs. The Rattlesnake

The Highlight Reel is set up in the ring but there’s no sign of anyone in the set. Suddenly the countdown appears on the screen and after an explosion the host of the Highlight Reel, Chris Jericho comes down to the ring and take a microphone from the ring crew.

Y2J: “Welcome to, Unforgiven! Is! Jericho! Tonight it is my dishonor to interview one of the biggest Assclowns in the industry! The man is an utter joke lets face it! He calls himself The Rattlesnake, because he wishes he had an Anaconda like Y2J. Lets bring him out, the biggest piece of Texas trailer park trash walking the earth! Stone Cold Steve Austin!”

Glass Shatters as the whole stadium stands up and freaks out. Austin walks down the aisle wearing his newest Stone Cold merchandise. Austin climbs into the ring and starts mounting the turnbuckles, throwing up the middle fingers. Austin has to forcefully move part of Jericho’s set to get to his forth turnbuckle which irritates Y2J. Finally Austin takes a microphone from the ring crew.

Y2J: “Austin, who the hell do you think you are? What were you thinking last week attacking me in my match against The Big Show!? Let’s show the footage on the insanely expensive Jeri-Tron 5000.”

The video of Austin attacking Jericho in his match with The Big Show is shown.

Y2J: “What the hell was that about you jackass!? What were you trying to prove or say just there!?”

Austin: “What Stone Cold was trying to say… was what he has always said, and what he always will say. And that is DTA… Don’t, Trust…”

Y2J: “Yeah, yeah, yeah, don’t trust anybody. No one gives a rats ass about any of that stupid crap! Now they only care about me! The first Undisputed Champion! And I beat your ass to do it Steve!”

Austin: “What? If you let me finish, What? I said if you let me finish before you go on making it all about yourself. I was going to say Don’t Trust Austin you stupid son of a bitch! And that’s all I got to say about that so you best move your little carcass on with another question because I’m done answering that one.”

Y2J: “Yeah? Well what if I don’t want to move on to the next question Austin. Then what?”

Austin: “What? Well then… I’d have to stomp a mudhole in your ass, and walk it dry! What? I’ll open up a can of whoop ass on you boy! What? If you want Stone Cold to drink a beer, whoop this sorry sum’bitches ass and raise some hell gimme a hell yeah!”

The crowd explodes with a “Hell Yeah” But before Austin can do anything the music if CM Punk hits. Punk and his girlfriend Vicki Adams come down to the ring and take a microphone from ring crew.

Punk: “Stone Cold Steve Austin. It’s an honor and a disgrace at the same time. On one hand you’ve accomplished more than a lot of people in the back can ever hope to accomplish! You’re an icon. You’re a legend! But… you’re not CM Punk. You’re not Straight Edge! And you never will be Steve. My name is CM Punk and I am the only Straight Edge Superstar in the WWE Today Steve! I got to where I am today without drinking, doing drugs, or sleeping my way to the top! Unlike you. How did you get where you are Steve? What? I’ll tell you how you got here. You got here by raising your middle fingers, getting drunk off your ass and attacking people from behind!"

Austin: “CM Punk, I see where you’re coming from. And believe it or not, I like you. not a lot, but like you. I respect that you fight for what you believe in. What? I respect that you whoop people’s asses to get through to them, and send a message. What? I also respect that hell, you can kiss my ass. I didn’t get to where I am today by raising middle fingers and drinking beer. I got where I am today by raising hell and drinking beer! I’m a legend in the back and to these people out here because I’m the best there was in my prime, and probably the best there is today too.”

Punk: “Wrong again Steve. The Straight Edge Superstar is the best today. Straight Edge means no drugs, no alcohol, no promiscuous sex, or basically, Straight Edge means I’m better than you!”

Austin: “If you want me to whip this sorry son of a bitches’ ass, give me a hell yeah!”

“HELL YEAH” The crowd screams but as CM gets his fighting face on, Jericho nails Austin in the back of the head with a forearm. Punk and Jericho pound away on Austin with right hands and boots. They pick him up and bring him over to the corner of the ring where they take turns taking shots at him. Austin then grabs Punk and throws him into the corner and unleashes right hands on him. The crowd goes crazy for Punk finally getting his. Austin turns around and gives Jericho a boot to the gut. Vicki Adams hands a chain to CM Punk that he wraps around his fist. Austin goes for the Stunner on Jericho but gets shoved off into Punk who nails Austin with a chain to the head, busting him open. Jericho and Punk team up again to pound away on Austin. Jericho ascends the turnbuckles to mock Austin’s taunts as Punk goes on the other side of the ring and throws out the Straight Edge X with his arms. Austin pulls himself up the ropes and shoves Jericho off the turnbuckle, sending him tumbling to the outside. CM Punk turns around and gets a boot to the gut followed a Stone Cold Stunner. Jericho slides into the ring with a chair and swings at Austin who ducks it. Jericho turns back around right into the Stone Cold Stunner. Vicki Adams climbs into the ring and grabs CM Punk’s chain. Vicki goes to strike Austin with the chain but Austin shoots her a look that stops her dead in her tracks. Austin advances on Vicki Adams then gives her a boot to the gut, followed by a Stunner. Austin has a beer bash and pours the beer all over Punk and Adams before leaving.

Overall: 95

??? vs. Triple H w/Ric Flair

Triple H’s music hits as The Game comes down to the ring accompanied by Ric Flair. They climb onto the apron with spot line on HHH, as he spits his water dramatically. Flair waits in the corner with a cocky expression while Triple H preps himself up by pulling on the ropes and pacing back and forth. Finally his opponent’s music hits and much to their dismay it’s the music of The Big Show. The seven footer comes down the aisle and Triple H exit’s the ring to try and cut him off from the ring. Triple H gets in only two shots before Big Show knocks him down with a big Headbutt. Show grabs Triple H and throws him over the barricade and into the crowd. Big Show follows him in but Triple H scores some cheap right hands. Triple H backs up and charges at Big Show, only to get a big Back Body Drop back over the barricade onto the concrete ringside floor. Show climbs back over the barricade and throws Triple H into the ring. Big Show climbs in too as the match officially starts. Show picks Triple H and with a mere hip toss throws Triple H clear across the ring. Triple H holds onto his back in agony as he tries to get a breather in the corner. Big Show approaches and after licking his hand gives Triple H a ear shattering slap to the chest. Four more follow, each easy to hear throughout the arena. Show whips Triple H into the opposing corner so hard that he flies over the top rope to the ground below. Flair tries to buy Triple H some time by jumping on the apron but gets hip tossed into the ring with Show. Flair tries to get away from Show but gets grabbed by the belt as he tries to reexit the ring. Show grabs Flair by the throat and lifts him up but Triple H slides back into the ring and hits Show with a shot to the back of the knee, dropping him down to size and giving Flair the opportunity to escape. Triple H delivers a few stiff right hands before whipping The Big Show off the ropes, but Show reverses. Show ducks down for a Back Body Drop but Triple H hit’s the Face Buster onto his knee that takes the big man down. Triple H covers Big Show for a mere two count before Show powers out with authority. Triple H hits Big Show with a knee to the gut before whipping him off the ropes. Triple H bounces off the opposing ropes and goes for a Clothesline but Big Show ducks it. They bounce off opposing ropes again and this time Triple H hits Big Show with a Flying Knee Attack that drops him down for another two count. Triple H picks Big Show up and sets him up for the Pedigree but Show Back Body Drops The Game. Show nails Triple H with the Hog Log and covers him for only a two count. Show signals for the Show Stopper but as he lifts Triple H up and grabs him by the throat, Triple H delivers a kick to the gut and this time connects with the Pedigree. Triple H covers Big Show but to the crowd’s shock, Big Show kicked out. Triple H stomps around the ring clearly frustrated that he can’t keep the big man down. Triple H climbs out of the ring and pulls a Sledgehammer out from underneath the ring. Triple H climbs back into the ring and waits for Show to get to his feet. As he does Triple H goes to strike but the referee grabs the sledgehammer and pulls it away. The referee goes to put the sledgehammer away, but as he hands it to the ring crew and instructs him not to let Triple H have it, The Game scores a low blow on Big Show and Ric Flair slid a chair into the ring, which Triple H hit the Pedigree on top of. Triple H slid the chair out of the ring before covering the giant for the three count, making him the number one contender.

Winner: Triple H

Overall Rating: 85

Crowd Rating: 89

Match Rating: 79

King: “I knew it JR! Triple H really is that damn good! He’s going on to face the WWE Champion!”

JR: “Maybe so, but it took Ric Flair and steel chair to do it! The win came not without controversy however Triple H is indeed the number one contender.”

We cut backstage to John Cena holding his WWE Heavyweight Title, and who is standing with Maria.

Maria: “John usually you’re a fun-loving, carefree type of guy. Tonight however you seem to have a different look on your face. What I’m trying to say here to be blunt. Are you going to kick Shawn Michael’s butt?”

Cena: “Maria, honey, tonight isn’t about vengeance. Tonight isn’t about payback, and how I want to bloody Shawn Michaels. I’m not setting out to end Shawn Michaels’ career. This isn’t all that personal between me and Shawn Michaels, this is about me and Eric Bischoff. Since I moved to RAW he’s been on my back and I’m only facing HBK tonight to get rid of that punk! He says I’m a fake, a phony, a scared little white kid trying to play rapper! Well guess what Bisch? I’m real. This title, this is real! And as I always say, Real... recognizes Real! Tonight me and the Chain Gang are going to pin HBK, one-two-three to get rid of your punk ass! HBK is a hell of an athlete but I would face anyone at anytime anywhere to get rid of you Eric Bischoff! Because this ... is what ... we do! And if anybody wants some? COME GET SOME! Bischoff, I guarantee that by the time tonight is over… you WILL… see… me!”

JR: “This thing between Shawn Michaels and John Cena isn’t all that personal, but the feud between Cena and Bischoff sure is.”

King: “You’re telling me JR. This thing between Cena and Bischoff has been brutal but it all ends tonight between them. However our next match is going to be possibly the most brutal tonight JR.”

JR: “Oh without a doubt King. Matt Hardy vs. Edge in an unsanctioned match, this is going to be a bloodbath like no other. Lets show the audience.”

The hype video is shown of Hardy losing to Edge at Unforgiven, then nailing Lita with the Twist Of Fate. The video shows clips of Edge’s interview afterwards, and the attacks on Matt Hardy, ending with Hardy screwing Edge in his Triple Threat match.

Matt Hardy vs. Edge w/Lita - Non-Sanctioned Match

Matt Hardy came out first to a large ovation especially when he began throwing up the V-1 sign. Edge came out next accompanied by Lita to a lot of heat. As soon as Edge got in the ring Hardy attacked. The two engaged in a wild brawl the resulted in Hardy backing Edge into the corner. Edge reversed an irish whip and pulled Hardy into a Short Arm Clothesline. Edge laid in some boots on Matt Hardy before picking him up and slamming his head repeatedly into the turnbuckle. Edge whipped Hardy into the opposing corner then began untying the turnbuckles Hardy was formally in. Just as Edge managed to get the turnbuckle pad off Hardy charged at him. Edge lifted Hardy up and dropped him face first onto the exposed steel, busting him open. Edge kicked Hardy in the gut and went for the Edgeucution, but Hardy countered with an Inverted Atomic Drop. Hardy gave Edge a Cactus Clothesline over the top rope sending them both tumbling to the ground below. Hardy pulled a fire extinguisher out from underneath the ring and sprayed it in Edge’s eyes before slamming it into his face. Hardy dropped the fire extinguisher and just plain threw Edge head first into the steel steps. Hardy laid Edge’s body across the steel steps as Hardy climbed up onto the apron. Hardy dropped a Legdrop off the apron onto the back of the head of Edge sending him flipping over off of the steel steps. Hardy shuffled through the weapons under the ring once more this time pulling out a steel chair. Hardy went to strike Edge but Edge dodged it and Hardy hit the steel steps, hurting his hands and causing him to drop the chair. Edge pulled himself up and as Hardy went for a right hand, Edge ducked it, floated behind Hardy and nailed him with the Edge-O-Matic onto the concrete floor. Edge pulled a table out from underneath the ring and set it up on top of the apron and the barricade. Edge picked Hardy up and laid him across the table. Hardy would have none of it though and fired off some right hands on Edge. Hardy slammed Edge’s head into the barricade and pulled a ladder out from underneath the ring. Hardy put the ladder down and picked Edge up. Lita came behind Hardy and gave him a kick between the legs, which gave Edge the opportunity to deliver a Scoop Slam onto the ladder on Hardy. Edge pulled a steel chair out from underneath the ring and as Hardy pulled himself up, Edge struck him across the head with it, flooring him once more. Edge dropped the chair and pulled out another chair. Edge placed on chair underneath Hardy’s head and picked up the other chair. Hardy rolled out of the way of the One Man Conchairto that caused Edge to drop his chair. Edge kicked Hardy in the head to keep him down. Edge then leaned the ladder up against the ring post and picked Hardy up. Edge whipped Hardy back first into the ladder knocking him and the ladder down. Edge set the ladder up beside the table and brought Hardy over to the table. Hardy delivered a shot between the legs of Edge then nailed him between the eyes with a steel chair busting him open and sending him over onto the table. Hardy ascended the ladder and after throwing up the V-1 sign from the top of the ladder, dove off for a Legdrop. Edge rolled off the table and Hardy drove himself through. After a long pause in the match of both men being down Edge got up first and folded up the ladder, sliding it into the ring along with Hardy. Edge picked up the folded ladder and as Hardy made it to his feet, Edge used the Ladder as a battering ram, slamming it into Hardy’s face and knocking him back down. Edge exited the ring and took out another table, sliding it into the ring. Edge set the table up along the side of the ring and put the ladder in the middle of the ring not to far away. Edge gave Hardy a baseball slide right to the ribs that sent him to the outside of the ring. As Edge went to get Hardy through the ropes he found a chair shot across the head by Hardy. Hardy threw the chair into the ring and slid in after it. A bloody Matt Hardy grabs Edge’s suitcase and blasts him across the face with it before throwing it out of the ring. Lita entered the ring to try and attack Hardy but found herself on the receiving end of the Side Effect. Edge then nailed Hardy with a chair shot that left Hardy down. Edge dropped the chair and rolled Hardy onto the table. Edge climbed up to the top of the ladder but so slow that Hardy was already on the other side of the ladder meeting him at the top. The two exchanged blows at the top of the ladder before Edge set Hardy up for the DDT, signaling to DDT Hardy off the ladder through the table. Hardy however slammed Edge’s head into the top of the ladder and set him up for the DDT. Hardy threw the V-1 sign into the air and nailed a Twist Of Fate off the top of the ladder through a table for a “Holy Shit” chant. Hardy draped his arm over Edge for the three count. Hardy and Lita were escorted out of the ringside area via referees and officials while Edge left on a stretcher.

Winner: Matt Hardy

Overall Rating: 81

Crowd Rating: 84

Match Rating: 75

JR: “A brutal and barbaric match that I don’t know will ever be topped. I have sincere concerns for the health of all three of those wrestlers, and hope them all a speedy recovery.”

King: “Well if you ask me Hardy got just what he deserved. Now its time for our main event JR! I can’t wait. Either John Cena, or Eric Bischoff will be fired after tonight haha! If Cena wins he keeps his WWE Title and his job, not to mention he gets to name the new General Manager of RAW! But if Eric Bischoff wins, HBK is the new champ and Cena’s off RAW for good!”

JR: “Let’s take a look at how this all built up to this point”

The hype video is shown of Cena’s debut on RAW, getting on bad terms with Eric Bischoff, winning against Chris Jericho (Bischoff’s hand-chosen Number One Contender) Shawn Michaels attacking Cena thus becoming the new Number One Contender, and the challenge - Bischoff’s Job vs. Cena’s Job, all on the line as Cena takes on HBK in the Main Event.

Shawn Michaels is shown backstage in his locker room when Todd Grisham appears by him.

Grisham: “Shawn Michaels, your match is next. You have the opportunity of winning the WWE Title tonight, saving your boss’s job, and getting rid of John Cena for life. What’s going through your head right now?”

HBK: “You know Todd, you pretty much summed up all the pressure that’s on my shoulders tonight. Or did you? To be honest Todd I really don’t give a damn about Eric Bischoff! I don’t really much care about John Cena either. Cena is just another bump in my path to the WWE Title. That’s all I care about Todd is the WWE Title. Having the WWE Title around your waist says that you are the best! Now I know that I’m the best but I don’t think it’d hurt to have a piece of gold that publicly states that fact. I need a piece of gold Josh, I need THAT gold. I need something I can wear that says, Hey! Here’s a guy who’s exactly what he says he is. He is the showstopper, the headliner, the main event, the icon that is the Heartbreak Kid! HBK is going to bring it to Cena tonight with everything I’ve got! Not for Bischoff, not to get rid of Cena, but for myself! The Heartbreak Kid can keep it up all night! And I will because The Heartbreak Kid lays down for absolutely nobody!”

Shawn Michaels vs. John Cena - Cena’s Job vs. Bischoff’s Job & WWE Title

John Cena came out first to a huge ovation. Next was Shawn Michaels who got a lot of heat but also a smattering of cheers. Cena and HBK looked around as the bell rang because surprisingly there was no referee in the ring! The music of Eric Bischoff as Bischoff comes down the aisle in a referee outfit. Cena begins mouthing profanities but with Bischoff holding Cena’s attention, HBK jumps him from behind. Michaels opens up on him with right hands and forearms until Cena is backed up in the corner. HBK then unleashes a series of stiff chops to the chest. HBK brought Cena to the middle of the ropes and whipped him off of them. HBK went for a right hand which Cena ducked as he bounced off the opposing ropes and nailed HBK with a Flying Shoulder Block on the rebound. HBK got back up to his feet to receive a big Spinebuster to a VERY slow two count by Bischoff. Cena picked HBK up and whipped him off the ropes but Michaels nailed Cena with a Flying Forearm attack. Shawn Michaels sprung back up to his feet and began to fire up the crowd. Shawn Michaels went to pick Cena up but Cena rolled him up with a Small Package to another VERY slow two count by Bischoff. Shawn Michaels gave Cena a few boots to keep him down then brought him over to the corner where HBK drove the air out of Cena with a few shoulder thrusts to the midsection. Shawn Michaels whipped Cena into the opposing corner so hard he bounced right out. Cena went for a Clothesline on Michaels but HBK ducked it and hit a Back Drop for a quick two count. Shawn Michaels locked John Cena in the Figure Four Leglock where Cena screamed in agony but refused to tap. Bischoff yelled to Cena to tap over and over but Cena kept crawling towards the ropes. Bischoff put his foot on the bottom rope and pushed it out of Cena’s reach. With Cena not being able to reach the ropes he rolled over and reversed the pressure on HBK forcing him to break the hold. Cena ended up firing off some right hands on HBK gaining momentum. Cena hooked Shawn Michaels up for a Stalling Vertical Suplex and in mid-air gave the “You Can’t See Me” sign to Bischoff before dropping. John Cena pumped up his shoes and climbed to the top rope. HBK climbed to his feet and received a Missile Dropkick for third VERY slow two count. Cena began yelling in Bischoff’s face but HBK jumped Cena from behind. Cena got slammed down on the mat before HBK climbed to the top rope. HBK nailed Cena with the Flying Elbow Drop for only a two count. Shawn Michaels began tuning up the band for the Sweet Chin Music. Cena ducked the Kick and set HBK up for the F-U. Michaels slipped out the back door and nailed Cena with the Sweet Chin Music! Unfortunately they were so close to the ropes that it knocked Cena out of the ring threw the middle rope. HBK climbed out of the ring and threw Cena into the steel ring post. Shawn Michaels took Cena’s Heavyweight Title and blatantly clocked him over the head with it right in front of Bischoff who refused to call for the disqualification. Michaels rolled Cena back into the ring and covered him for a very close two count, but not quite enough to make three. Shawn Michaels climbed up to the top rope and awaited for Cena to get up. Bischoff began yelling in Cena’s face as he tried to make it to his feet. HBK went for a Flying Moonsault but Cena dodged it and HBK nailed Bischoff with it! Shawn Michaels looks at Bischoff, confused at what he had done then turned around to see Cena giving the “You Can’t See Me” Sign and hitting HBK with the F-U. Cena covered Shawn Michaels until none other than Eric Bischoff’s employer Vince McMahon ran down the aisle sliding into the ring and counting the three. Cena celebrated as confetti fell from the ceiling. RAW will now be Bischoffless! Bischoff is gone from RAW forever! All thanks to the swerve of Vince McMahon himself!

Winner: John Cena

Overall Rating: 87

Crowd Rating: 92

Match Rating: 77

Show Rating: 84

RAW Preview:

Word From John Cena and Vince McMahon on the NEW RAW General Manager!

First Meeting between John Cena and Triple H Ever!

Chris Jericho vs. Eugene

Kurt Angle vs. Danny Basham

Word From CM Punk On Unforgiven

Main Event: Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show

Also On The Card: CM Punk, Tyson Tomko, Kerwin White, Shelton Benjamin, Viscera and more!

Also, because Tristan Kancer was the only one to actually make predictions, You can PM me or e-mail me at alittledisturbed@earthlink.net whenever ya get the chance to tell me who you want any title to change hands to (Y)

Edited by Inner D Monz

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before I PM you with my answer, I wanna comment on this. First off, I think it's bad that I won with only 3 right answers. More people should read and comment, as well as vote because this is a pretty good booked diary. There are a few things I'd change but ya know. Okay, here we go on the ppv.

John Cena vs Shawn Michaels: It was really the only way you could have possibly went, which is what I'd call booking yourself into a hole. The answer was really predictable. The swerve with McMahon was out of nowhere, which could be a good thing or a bad thing. That will be decided on Raw where we get an explanation.

Shawn Michaels interview: It was good, and belieavable even though it kind of made HBK seem like he was doubting himself. Unless that's the gimmick you're looking for then you need to make him more cocky. He just seemed like he was questioning whether or not he could do it. Not the HBK we all know.

Matt Hardy vs Edge: Nice win for Hardy. Twist of Fate through the table was nice as well. It was definately needed in order to keep Hardy from looking like a bitch.

John Cena Interview: Seems like both men are in agreeance about the match not being personal, which pretty much guarentee's it ends after this match here. Typical Cena comments, and a pretty good interview on it's own.

Triple H vs Big Show: Well, I guess since there was really only one way to go with this match it kind of made sense to use WWE's "Biggest" jobber and it keeps Kane from being made a bitch like I thought he would. Triple H winning had to be done, the man doesn't lose his return match.

sXe/Austin confrontation: The first thing I saw that there was no possible way I could have agreed with it. Bringing Punk in only to have him be Austin's bitch was just not the way to go. Austin can't wrestle, Punk can. The best way would have been for Austin to attempt to kick his ass only to be blindsided and taken out. Would have made Punk credible. Now to me he's lost any credibility he might have had.

Shelton Benjamin vs Kurt Angle: As I said when I made the predictions, Angle didn't need this win but if it serves to set up another fued then I guess it could work. Kerwin and Benjamin should be able to put on pretty good matches but I'm not sure how much of a story you're able to put behind them. JR knowing something about it seems a bit odd but we'll have to wait to find out.

Carlito vs Eugene: I was praying for Carlito to win and thank god he did. Eugene's gimmick is old, as well as branding a perfectly good wrestler under a ridiculous gimmick. Of course if you change the gimmick, the only way to go would be turning him heel and going back to Nick Dinsmore. I know a perfect way to do it if you were thinking of going that way, give me a pm and I'll let ya in on it. Plus, Carlito, now that's cool.

Dupree vs Basham: I hope you have something planned for Basham, otherwise you've jobbed out a talented wrestler to someone who doesn't have much outside of the tag ranks. Plus the face winning just kind of threw me since Dupree loses some heat from this.

Ashley vs Lita Well, there was a swerve involved but I guess it didn't go in the same direction I figured it would. Lita/Ashley together doesn't make a lot of sense unless you bring Trish back as a face. Then her and Christy could fued with Lita and Ashley.

Overall you're doing a pretty good job of capturing some challengers and such, just watch that you don't fall into the same trap as WWE does and start underutilizing talent. PM coming soon.

RAW:

Date: September 19, 2005

Cena’s Decision!

Vince McMahon’s music hits to start off RAW. The chairman of the WWE struts down the aisle and climbs into the ring, taking a microphone from Lillian Garcia who introduced him.

Vince: “Ladies and gentlemen last night I know I turned a lot of heads. I know I dropped a lot of jaws but I did it all… in the interest of fairness. I didn’t have a rhyme or reason to get Eric Bischoff kicked off of RAW. I was the one who brought him here in the first place! However, Eric Bischoff did make the foolish mistake of making his wager with John Cena, putting his job on the line. Let’s bring out the winner of that match right now! Ladies and gentlemen! The WWE Champion! John! Cena!”

John Cena’s music hits as the crowd stands on their feet. Cena walks down the aisle, belt around his shoulder, throwing the double horns in the air. Cena climbs into the ring and takes a microphone from the ring crew.

Cena: “I got to be honest with you all. There was a part of me that wasn’t sure I’d ever be able to stand here and say this ever again. But… THE CHAMP! IS! HERE!”

The crowd pops for Cena still having his job.

Cena: “And most importantly Eric Bischoff is not! You’re boy, John Cena won last night! He beat Shawn Michaels! He came up against all odds! Mr. McMahon, thank you for your support last night. My regards and blessings to you and your family.”

Vince: “Whoa, whoa, whoa, John. I didn’t come out here just to be your ring announcer. I mean you’re great but you’re not great enough to have me be your personal ring announcer. I didn’t come out here just for the honor to say your name, I came out here because I, like all these fans want to know… who is our new RAW general manager?”

Cena: “Vinny Mac, dog, I hate to say it but… well no actually I don’t hate to say it. YOU CAN’T SEE ME! And you won’t be able to see the new general manager till next week. I contacted them and next week, I will personally come down to the ring and introduce them.”

Vince: “Oh come on John. You can’t just tell me? I mean come on, I am Vince McMahon. I think I deserve to know a little bit more than all these fans.”

Cena: “Sorry Vince but here on RAW we believe in keeping secrets to keep them surprises. Why? Because this ... is what ... we do! And you don’t come before any one person in my Chain Gang! We’re here to represent! And next week, I’m counting on my Chain Gang to raise the roof for their new General Manager, who’s a personal long time friend of mine. Frankly Vince you know them very well, but I won’t get into it.”

Vince: “Damnit Cena I’m not screwing around! Tell me who the new General Manager is next week or else!”

Cena: “Or else? Vince, a few months ago I delivered the F-U to one Bitch in the middle of the ring. If you want to be the second one I deliver it to… come get some!”

Cena drops his microphone and exit’s the ring throwing up the double horns as he leaves leaving Vince in bewilderment.

Overall Rating: 86

::Fade To Commercial::

Kerwin White vs. Viscera

A clear mismatch of styles. The World’s Largest Love Machine Viscera threw Kerwin around a lot and even managed to humiliate him at points too by sodimizing him. White would fight back with cheap shots behind the referee’s back. After an astonishing Spinning Heel Kick from Viscera, Kerwin began begging the referee to call Viscera off. Viscera grabbed Kerwin from behind but Kerwin scored with a kick between the legs, out of the referee’s site. Shelton Benjamin dashes down the aisle and slides into the ring. Benjamin tackles Kerwin and pounds away at him with right hands as the referee calls for the bell. Viscera lifts Benjamin up off of Kerwin with little ease and throws him down. Viscera yells at Benjamin then turns around and delivers a big Splash to Kerwin. Benjamin and Viscera shake hands then leave together.

Winner: Kerwin White via DQ

Overall Rating: 68

Crowd Rating: 67

Match Rating: 70

A New Mentor

Ashley Massaro and Lita are backstage together hanging out with Edge in the interview area. Edge has his arm around Lita who’s leaning against him and putting a hand on his chest. Ashley is sitting beside them on a crate with one leg dangling off and the other one bent on the crate.

Grisham: “Ashley Massaro, Lita, last night you two were supposed to face off against each other one on one with Christy Hemme as special guest referee. What caused you two to put your differences aside and team up to commit the heinous beat down you laid on Christy?”

Lita: “Ha! Christy? That little skank had it coming. Christy’s not one of us. Christy’s a preppy little always-happy tramp! I hate her guts! She makes me so sick she’s always so happy. Here’s an idea Christy, SWITCH TO DECAF!”

Ashley: “Being my predecessor to the RAW Diva Search, I knew that she was my only real competition. Lita and Edge have taken me under their wing to teach me how things run around here. You have to connive before the other connivers and deceive before the other deceivers. But you have to admit Josh, I played these idiot fans like pawns on a chess set. The happy, spunky Ashley Massaro was all an act to get me a contract into the World Wrestling Entertainment. Welcome to the new Ashley Massaro. A new vicious Ashley Massaro.”

SXE Fails. Or Does It?

CM Punk along with Vicki Adams comes down to the ring to their music. They climb into the ring and CM Punk snatches the microphone away from Lillian Garcia after she’s done announcing his name.

Punk: “Last night, in a lot of people’s eyes, CM Punk failed to deliver. In some people’s eyes, CM Punk couldn’t get the job done! Well the people who think these things are utter idiots! Their fools! Their borderline retarded! I may have gotten a Stone Cold Stunner, and so did Vicki but in our eyes and all the eyes of Straight Edgers around the world, it was a small price to pay. We were martyred in the eyes of our Straight Edgers. We may have each taken a Stunner, but not before busting Stone Cold wide open.”

CM Punk and Vicki start to laugh at their diabolical deed.

Punk: “We didn’t leave that night without his blood on my hands! And there was plenty to go around believe me. I could have bathed in his blood. It was a great feeling. I may have taken a Stunner, but damnit I know I got the last laugh knowing that night Austin was lying in a hospital bed getting stitched up! And with every stitch put in his head, I hope he cursed my name. I hope he yelled and screamed and cursed DAMN YOU CM PUNK! DAMN YOU STRAIGHT EDGERS! I…”

CM Punk is cut off by the music of Problem Solver Tyson Tomko. Tomko comes out on stage with a microphone in hand.

Tomko: “CM Punk, I have to be honest with you. Stone Cold has been a hero of mine for over a decade and I’m not going to stand in the back and listen to you tirade on and on about him! These people here seem to not like you CM, they seem to think you’re a huge problem here on RAW. And who better to shut your mouth then the Problem Solver, Tyson Tomko!”

Tomko sets his mic down and charges the ring. Vicki Adams exit’s the ring as CM Punk motions Tomko to bring it.

Overall Rating: 69

CM Punk w/Vicki Adams vs. Tyson Tomko

Punk brought a wide variety of moves and submissions to the match but Tomko powered out of a lot of them. After a Reverse Hurricanrana, CM Punk locked Tomko in the Texas Cloverleaf but Tomko wasn’t in it long as he threw Punk off with just his leg strength. The end came when Tomko lifted CM Punk up for a Press Slam, but Punk slipped out the back and locked in the Crossface Chickenwing. Tomko lifted Punk right off his feet and began swinging him around like a rag doll. Punk went flying off of Tomko and right into the referee. Punk then turned around right into the Chainsaw Kick. Tomko covered Punk but the referee was still down. Vicki Adams then slid into the ring and scored with a kick between the legs on Tomko. Punk got back up and hit the Devil’s Lock DDT for the three count. As CM Punk is named the victor, Vicki Adams pulls a can of spray paint out of her pocket. Punk smiles at her and holds Tomko down, facedown on the mat. Vicki Adams spray paints SXE on Tomko’s back before the two leave.

Winner: CM Punk

Overall Rating: 74

Crowd Rating: 70

Kurt Angle vs. Danny Basham

Angle showed a mean streak tonight taking it to Basham pretty good with German Suplexes and Belly-To-Belly’s. Basham did manage to get in a fair share of offense though through his brawling and old school moves. Angle went for the Angle Slam but Basham slipped out the back and kicked Angle in the gut as he turned around. Rene Dupree jumped the barricade and as Angle reversed an Irish whip, Dupree caught Basham by the foot. Basham reached over the ropes but Dupree dodged his grab. Angle then hit the Angle Slam and locked in the Angle Lock to which Basham quickly tapped out. Rene Dupree climbs into the ring and starts stomping away at Danny Basham as Angle exit’s the ring. Dupree hit’s the French Tickler as Angle stops at the bottom of the ramp and watches. Angle ignores Dupree’s beating on Basham and keeps walking up the ramp. Dupree exit’s the ring and snatches an American Flag from a fan, sliding back into the ring and covering Basham with it. Dupree spits upon the flag and begins stomping on it and Basham. Angle sees this action and stops his tracks. Angle dashed down the aisle and slid into the ring, taking down Dupree with several right hands. Angle nails Dupree with the Angle Slam then locks him in the Angle Lock. A swarm of referees run down and try and pull Angle off of Dupree as Dupree taps out rapidly. Finally Angle releases the hold under his own will and walks backstage.

Overall Rating: 84

Crowd Rating: 86

Match Rating: 80

True Patriot

Kurt Angle is caught backstage by Maria who has a microphone.

Maria: “Kurt Angle, how do you explain your attack on Rene Dupree after he helped you win your match? Are you now all about America, just like Danny Basham, or are you just anti-Germany.”

Angle: “Anti-Germany? What are you a fricken idiot? Dupree’s from Canada! He’s French Canadian! And Dupree helping me? I don’t need any help Maria, never did, never will. I’m an Olympic gold medallist for Christ’s sake! And I won my gold medal with a broken freakin' neck! Third of all, just like Danny Basham? Let me tell you something Maria, I was waving around the American flag while Basham was still in diapers! I snapped Rene Dupree’s ankle not because he was attacking Danny Basham, but because he disrespected America by spitting and stomping on our flag! Anyone that walks through those curtains and I catch them disrespecting my country… I’ll break their fricken ankle too! Just like that! Oh it’s true! It’s damn true!”

Overall Rating: 89

Chris Jericho vs. Eugene Dinsmore

A great technical match with lots of counters between the two. Y2J was very cocky in his beating on Eugene. Eugene managed to humiliate Jericho by locking him in his own Walls Of Jericho, but Y2J managed to reach the ropes. Midmatch, Eugene began to hulk up and really take it to Jericho, firing off rights and lefts. The momentum was switched though when after Eugene threw Jericho to the outside, and Jericho then pulled Eugene out under the bottom rope and threw him into the barricade. Back in the ring at the end, Jericho managed to hit the Bulldog followed by the Lionsault for the three count. Before Jericho left, he slapped Eugene around a little bit and yelled profanities in his face.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Overall Rating: 91

Unmitigated Retribution

Matt Hardy arrives at the arena a little late tonight. He pulls his bags out of the trunk of his rental car but as he closes the trunk he gets jumped from behind by Edge. Edge slams Hardy face first into the car several times then leaves the scene. After Hardy catches his breath and stands back up to his full posture, Edge then Spears Hardy into the car. Edge then opens the trunk and throws him in, closing it and locking it up tight. Lita then comes over and the two begin making out.

Edge: “Matt, this all started because I got your girl to cheat on you with me. Now before that event took place we both know that you and I were good friends. A lot of people ask me how could a friend do this to someone? It seems like the lowest thing anyone could ever do to anyone else. Well Matt tonight I’m going to top that. Because tonight, Lita and I are going to take this car into a dark alley and with you locked in the trunk you get to hear every filthy, dirty, whorish thing I get your former girl to yell when we do it.”

Edge and Lita laugh then make out some more before climbing into the car and peeling off.

Overall Rating: 88

Shawn Michaels vs. Big Show

A good match between the two with Shawn Michaels playing the cowardly heel. Big Show would continually throw Michaels to the outside then chase after him only for HBK to slide into the ring and ambush Big Show as he followed. Show no-sold a lot of HBK’s moves, especially his flying Forearms and even his Flying Elbow Drop from the top rope. Michaels did get a bit of a pop though as Big Show lifted him up for the Show Stopper, Michaels threw his legs around Big Show’s back, wrapping it around his other arm and rolling Big Show backwards with an old school Crucifix Pin for a two count. After Big Show missed a big Clothesline, he turned back around right into the Sweet Chin Music for the big three.

Winner: Shawn Michaels

HHH Meets Cena

John Cena’s music hits to a great acclaim. Cena struts down to the ring with his Heavyweight Title and takes a microphone from ringside before pacing back and forth. Triple H’s music hits next to a lot of heat. Triple H struts down to the ring in his street clothes without Ric Flair tonight watching his back. The Game climbs up onto the apron and dramatically sprays his water into the crowd before entering through the ropes. The two go nose to nose talking some inaudible trash. Triple H takes a few steps back and shoots Cena a boastful grin.

Triple H: “John Cena. WWE’s hottest new thing. Undoubtedly the future of this industry. Meet the present of the industry. I’m the best there is today John and that is a fact, jack! They call me Triple H, they call me The Game, they call me the ten time Heavyweight Champion! And they call me these things for a reason, because I am! Because I have worked my ass off to get where I am now! I was winning titles when you’re little “Throwbacks” was a high school graduation hat and gown. I was kicking ass and taking names while u were fighting acne pal! You Cena… will never… ever… be half of the man that I am.”

John Cena: “Triple H. Boy this has been a long time coming. This is the ultimate showdown. The Game and The New Franchise, locking horns for the grandest prize in this business! A title I hold. Not you. Me! If you’re the present Triple H, and I’m only the future of this industry, then why do I hold the title that says I’M the best around?”

Triple H: “That’s a good question John. But for every question there is an answer, and being The Game, I have that answer. You are still the WWE Heavyweight Champion, because I have allowed it. Because I have yet to face you for it. When we go at it John, you will be staring up at the ceiling hearing the zebra in the ring strike the mat three times, and that damn title will be coming home with the best there is today… because I am, that, DAMN! GOOD!”

John Cena: “Hunter, I think you should take your game board in the back and re-write the rules because The Champ Is Here! And he’s staying here for a very, very, long time. Because this ... is what ... we do.”

Triple H: “John, you just don’t get it. When we do face off, one on one, it will be catastrophic. We’ll tear the roof off of the place. We’ll destroy everyone and everything that gets in our paths. And only then John will you see what happens when the proud take on The Game. Your Cockiness will be your downfall John. And that’s the only opening I’ll need. I’ll find that weakness, I’ll capitalize… and I’ll walk out the ELEVEN TIME! HEAVYWEIGHT! CHAMPION! OF THE! WORLD!”

John Cena: “Alright Kid! I’m tired of this nonsense! When we fight it is going to be big man! It’s gonna be huge! No doubt about it! But you’ll walk out Eleven Time champion over my dead body. The only thing that’ll be proven after our match, or fight, or whatever it’s gonna be, is going to be… that You Can’t See Me!”

Triple H: “Cena, don’t humor me. I’m not one of your stupid little Chain Gang morons. I’m going to kick your ass so bad, your “homies” on the street are going to feel it. And if you ever and I mean ever get in my face again like the little snot-nosed kid I know you are… I will mop the floor with you.”

John Cena: “Oh is that so? Well Hunter…”

Cena took off his hat, then his belt and his jersey before very dramatically getting in Triple H’s face.

John Cena: “If you want some… COME! GET! SOME!”

Triple H went to strike Cena, but Cena blocked it and fired off a right hand of his own. The two exchanged right hands until a few referees slid into the ring. The referees began holding the two apart but Triple H floored one with a right hand and just threw the other referee clear out of the ring. Cena shoved one referee down and knocked the other down with a Clothesline. Triple H and Cena clashed again in the center of the ring until many more referees entered the ring and tried to separate the two. Cena and Triple H annihilated each referee one by one. After the two completely destroyed all those who wished to separate them, they had completely forgotten about one another. They each bent down to pick up the WWE Heavyweight Title but found themselves in a bit of a tug-a-war. Finally Triple H released it and got in Cena’s face looking rather irate and intense, while Cena looked very statue-esq. Cena slowly rose the WWE Title above his head and into the air as the camera faded out.

Overall Rating: 90

Show Rating: 82

Smackdown Preview:

Batista and The Undertaker vs. Eddie Guerrero and Randy Orton

Christian vs. Rey Mysterio

Paul Mitchell and William Regal vs. Chair Swinging Freaks

Nunzio vs. Juventud - Cruiserweight Title

Also On The Card: Simon Dean, Booker T, JBL, Orlando Jordan, Chris Benoit and more!

• 2 weeks later...

Smackdown:

Date: September 22, 2005

Main Event Stipulation

Theodore Long is shown backstage in his office to a loud ovation.

Long: “Holla, holla, holla Smackdown! Tonight playas, two feuds will be put together in a match like no other. “Legend Killer” Randy Orton will team up with “Latino Heat” Eddie Guerrero to take on “The Dead Man” The Undertaker and “The Animal” in what is sure to be a hell of a main event, now believe dat! Now, because I know how bad these four guys want to get at each other, I know things are going to get a little rowdy and out of control! So to make sure order is maintained, I, myself, will be the special guest referee, now believe dat playas!”

Nunzio w/Big Vito vs. Juventud w/Super Crazy and Psychosis - Cruiserweight Title

A superb technical match that can only be compared to Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit at Royal Rumble a few years back. Lots of mat wrestling and counters by these two who kept things for the most part grounded. Vito and the Mexicools on the outside of the ring, didn’t play too much of a difference in this match as opposed to the other matches with their partners wrestling. Juvi tried to keep things in his advantage, working on the ribs of Nunzio, but Juvi made the mistake of putting the mat-wrestling on pause to go up top. This cost Juvi big time as Nunzio leaped up to the top rope with Juvi and brought him back down to the mat with a Single-Arm DDT for the three count. Vito took the Cruiserweight Title from the referee and entered the ring, wrapping it around Nunzio’s waist. The two celebrated for a moment before MNM ran down the aisle and attacked the two from behind. Once Mercury discovered the way to floor Vito was to kick him in the crotch, MNM focused on working over the smaller of the two, Nunzio. Nunzio was laid out with the Snap Shot, followed by a Snap Shot to Vito.

Winner: Nunzio

Overall Rating: 83

Match Rating: 100

Love Struck?

Johnny Nitro and Joey Mercury are walking around backstage in the hallways with arrogant smirks on their faces, clearly proud of what they did.

Nitro: “We totally kicked those two Italians’ asses man!”

Mercury: “As if there was any doubt we ever could. And we did it without our “Fixer’s” help!”

Nitro: “Totally man, totally, who needs her anyways? We can kick Vito and Nunzio’s asses any time, anywhere, any…”

Nitro is cut off by getting jumped from behind by Vito while Mercury is ambushed by Nunzio. Mercury is thrown face first into the concrete wall several times as Nitro is dragged across the concession table, being choked by Vito. Finally Jillian Hall runs over and tries to pull Vito off of him which she clearly can’t do on her own might but Vito relinquishes his choke and after a stare down between Vito and Jillian Hall, Vito takes Nunzio and leaves.

Fresh Blood On Smackdown!

A video is played on the Titan-Tron of a completely dark room with lit candles lined up against the walls. Johnny Jeter wearing all black baggy pants and a baggy Anarchist shirt steps onto the scene.

Jeter: “Change. It’s what keeps life interesting. It’s what separates the boring and mundane - the normal, from excitement! Well I’m anything but normal. My name is Aleister Dante, and I’m here to change the scene of World Wrestling Entertainment forever. I’m sick and tired of all these pretty-boy prima donnas running around, in their tight little spandex briefs, flexing their steroid-driven muscles and trying to woo the ladies. Things are going to get very dark, very soon for WWE, I’ll make sure of it. To be honest I’m jaded of this colorful world Vince McMahon has created. I think things are better left off bleak, black and white, but mostly black! So I’ll be coming around that mountain soon Smackdown, and when I do, I’ll be painting you black! So says, Aleister Dante.”

Latino Heat and Legend Killer

The team of Eddie Guerrero and Randy Orton are backstage in the interview area with Josh Matthews.

Matthews: “Randy Orton and Eddie Guerrero, tonight you face two of your biggest rivals. Randy Orton you faced half of your tag team opponents, I.E. The Undertaker, at WrestleMania and again at SummerSlam, and Batista and you have been going at it for some time now. Eddie you’ve been getting in Batista’s face left and right, is that just about taking the World Heavyweight Title? Or does it go deeper then that?”

Guerrero: “Josh, homes, let me tell you something ese. Me taking the World Heavyweight Title, and becoming a two time WWE Champion ese, that’s just a bonus. Truth be told ese vato, Batista disrespected me homes! He tried to extinguish my Latino Heat! Well no one can extinguish my Latino Heat Josh, so the first chance I get, I’m going to tear Batista apart, and I’m going to take that World Heavyweight Title!”

Orton: “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold onto your horses their Eddie. As I see it, I beat The Undertaker at SummerSlam, and that makes me the number one contender. Hell, you lost to Rey Mysterio like fifty times before you finally beat him! So how the hell does that get you a title shot? Batista and I, we go way back. Back on RAW when him and I were in Evolution together, I sat back and observed him from afar, and only I know how to bring The Animal down! I beat the Undertaker, and Batista’s next. I’ll be the next World Heavyweight Champion Eddie, you just sit back and take notes, so you can get a look at greatness!”

Guerrero: “Yeah homes, you beat The Undertaker. I know you beat The Undertaker, because you haven’t shut up about it since! But you also lost to Batista homes, to refresh your memory. It was Latino Heat, Eddie Guerrero that left Batista down in a puddle of his own blood two weeks ago, and beat The Undertaker just last week! So as I see it, you just stay out of my way tonight in our tag match and we’ll get along just fine Orton!”

Teddy Long steps out on the scene before a fight can break out between the two.

Long: “Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Break it up you two! Now knock it off! Show some sophistication playas! This is Smackdown! Now there seems to be a little disagreement between who the number one contender is. So I’ll tell you what, the winner of the fall tonight, will be crowned the number one contender and will face off against Batista at No Mercy, so believe dat playas!”

Orton and Guerrero smirk and nod at the clause of tonight’s tag match.

Long: “Now you two get to steppin, you’ve got a tag team match to prepare for!”

Mitchell and Regal (Paul Mitchell and William Regal) vs. Chair Swinging Freaks

Mitchell and Regal worked over the extreme brawlers, the Chair Swinging Freaks in this one. They put all of their technical prowess to work, wearing down the appendages of their challengers. Towards the end, Regal tagged in Mitchell and let him do all the work. Mitchell single-handedly demolished both of the Chair Swinging Freaks, using them as spot monkeys for his stiff maneuvers. Several times throughout the match, the camera cut to the New Road Warriors backstage watching the match intently with their Tag Team Titles. The end came when Mitchell rocked Axl Rotten’s noggin with a Big Boot, then laid out Brad Mahoney with a Pump Handled Sidewalk Slam. Mitchell got back up and hit Axl Rotten with a Standing Shooting Star Press which got a big pop for the three count. Regal entered the ring feeling very refreshed and patted Mitchell on the back.

Winners: Mitchell and Regal

Overall Rating: 70

Crowd Rating: 59

Match Rating: 81

Riding In Style

JBL and Orlando Jordan are seen on the Titan-Tron from inside of a limo wearing their finest attire, laughing as they sip on Champaign.

JBL: “Hello peasants! John Bradshaw Layfield and Chief Of Staff Orlando Jordan here from… well hell! A hell of a long way from where all you losers are! See, John Bradshaw Layfield is no idiot. I know how angry Chris Benoit probably is after I beat the snot out of him last week. I know the Rabid Wolverine is a dangerous man when provoked and thus it’s only smart of me to not be anywhere near. Now I know a lot of you people are probably calling me a coward right now, but what do you know? I mean honestly, you people can’t pay for a decent education, unlike Orlando and I, who went to private schools all our life and received the finest teachings in the country!”

Orlando: “The absolute finest!”

JBL: “Chris Benoit is a putz! He’s a nobody in my eyes! He’s a great athlete I’ll give him that, and he’s got a physique like Tarzan, but when compared to the Wrestling God, JBL, He wrestles like Jane!”

Orlando: “He wrestles like a woman compared to this man!”

JBL: “Driver, I’ve had enough of these idiot fans, who would rather cheer for that toothless imbecile Chris Benoit, than chant the three most valuable letters in their life - J-B-L! J-B-L! J-B-L! Take me to the clubs driver, Orlando and I would like to celebrate our wit.”

The glass screen separating the driver from the passengers in the back slides down as the driver turns around, revealing himself as Chris Benoit. Benoit throws his chauffeur hat at JBL and starts laughing.

Benoit: “RIGHT AWAY MR. LAYFIELD!”

The camera inside the limo goes back to JBL and Orlando who are now clinching at their seats as the sound of the limousine peeling off is heard, then going to static.

Christian vs. Rey Mysterio

Much to the crowd’s disappointment Mysterio kept things pretty mat-based as opposed to his high flying antics. The two still dished out some pretty quick offense on one another, which included Christian bringing out his old arsenal of Crossbody Blocks, and a Tornado Reverse DDT. Mysterio got some pops when he hit his Sunset Flip Powerbomb, and his Wheelbarrel Bulldog, which each scored a two count, but other then that Mysterio used a lot of technical holds to keep the match at a slow pace. The biggest pop of the match came when Mysterio low-bridged Christian and then nailed him with a Running Somersault Pescado. With Mysterio in control over Christian, Mysterio hit the West Coast Pop out of nowhere on Christian who was clearly right by the ropes, and thus the crowd was shocked as the wholesome Rey Mysterio wrapped his arm around the middle rope for leverage as the referee counted the three. The bell rang as the referee raised Mysterio’s hand in victory, but the referee was then shoved down my Mysterio and dropkicked in the face. Mysterio rolled out of the ring and shoved the time keeper out of his chair, taking the ring bell. Rey Mysterio slid back into the ring with the ring bell and clocked Christian in the back of the head with it, flooring him. Rey then continued to slam the bell into the back of Christian’s head until he was busted open before leaving.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

Crowd Rating: 87

Match Rating: 89

Not Clear Enough Yet?

Rey Mysterio is walking around backstage riving with frustration. He passes by Booker T and Sharmell who begin patting him on the back and embracing him.

Booker: “Yo man, you totally whipped Christian’s punk ass like it was butter man! You laid a beating on him that can only be compared to one laid by the…”

Sharmell: “BY THE FIVE TIME! FIVE TIME! FIVE TIME! FIVE TIME! FIVE TIME CHAMP BABY!”

Booker: “You damn Skippy Hippy! Now I know you can dig that! SUCKA!!”

Rey: “Yeah, yeah, I can dig it just fine Booker. Thanks man. Good to see I get some love around here.”

Booker and Sharmell go to walk away but as they get just a foot in front of Mysterio, Rey kicked Booker between the legs and slams his head into a fire extinguisher case, busting it open. Rey pulls out the fire extinguisher and slams it into the fallen Booker T’s head repeatedly while Sharmell looks on and screams in terror.

Rey: “It’s too bad it’s not about the love anymore Booker! I loved Dominic! And where did it get me!? I don’t give a rats ass about the love anymore Booker! So you can take your love for me, AND SHOVE IT!”

Batista and The Undertaker vs. Eddie Guerrero and Randy Orton - Theodore Long as Special Guest Referee

Eddie and Orton started this one off strong, both working over the World Heavyweight Champion Batista. The two seemed reluctant to tag as did Batista and The Undertaker who are both basically loners. When Undertaker got the hot tag all hell broke lose and neither Eddie or Orton wanted to be in the ring, making frequent tags to one another once they received a little damage. Batista and The Undertaker manhandled their opponents midmatch but the tide began to favor their opponents after a low blow and some blatant choke holds. Eddie nailed the Frog Splash on the fallen Batista in the middle of the ring while at the same time Randy Orton was hit with a Superplex by The Undertaker. Unfortunately for Taker as he hit the Superplex on Orton, Orton’s arm draped over the fallen Batista’s body, causing a double pin by Orton and Guerrero for the three count. Long raised both Eddie and Orton’s hands in victory but an argument soon broke out between the two. Shoves were exchanged until Long grabbed a microphone.

Winners: Eddie Guerrero and Randy Orton

Overall Rating: 92

Crowd Rating: 93

Match Rating: 91

No Mercy Main Event

Long: “Hold on, hold on, hold on now playas. I know I may have been a little rash to make the stipulation that whoever makes the pinfall gets the title shot seeing as how you both had the cover on Batista, so here’s what I’ll do. At No Mercy, Batista will defend his title against… Eddie Guerrero! And Randy Orton! In a triple threat match! Now believe dat!”

Just as Long finished speaking, Batista and The Undertaker attacked Orton and Eddie, knocking them both to the outside. Batista and Undertaker demolished Orton and Eddie all the way up the ramp way while Long yelled at all of them to cease and desist. With no one but Long in the ring the crowd went berzerk as someone jumped the barricade and slid into the ring. Standing behind Theodore Long was none other then recently fired RAW General Manager, Eric Bischoff! Long turned around and received a right hand to knock him on his ass. Bischoff mounted and pummeled on Long until he got back up and gave him a few stiff Martial Arts Kicks. Bischoff tore off his business suit to reveal a RAW T-Shirt, which he then took off to reveal a Smackdown T-Shirt.

Overall: 83

Show Rating: 80

Velocity Preview:

Doug Basham vs. Sylvain Greiner

Super Crazy vs. Hardcore Holly

New Road Warriors vs. Steven Richards and Simon Dean - Tag Team Titles

Velocity

Date: September 24, 2005

A New Sylvain

Sylvain Grenier comes down to the ring dressed in a business suit with his hair slicked back. He climbs into the ring and takes a microphone.

Sylvain: “Bonjour filthy American pigs watching WWE Velocity! I know you and I have not gotten along since my debut here, and I understand why. I accept the fact you’re all jealous of me because I’m superbly better than all of you. But recently Sylvain Grenier has had an fruition! I’ve evolved beyond the typical thug in the locker room. I’ve found a sophistication in me I didn’t know I had. And so, because I am now realizing how much better I am then any of you fools, who sit in front of your idiot-boxes late at night to watch mindless acts of violence, I’m going to cancel my match tonight with one, Doug Basham.”

Before Sylvain can continue, Basham’s music hits as he marches down the aisle looking very serious. Doug Basham climbs into the ring and gets in Sylvain’s face, grabbing Sylvain by the wrist and directing the microphone towards him.

Basham: “Did I hear you right? Did you say you think you can weasel out of a fight with me? Do you know who I am? Do you know where we are? This is World Wrestling Entertainment! You get into a fighting mood or you get your ass kicked, plain and simple! You’re starting to sound like that pansy of a US Champion, Orlando Jordan!”

Sylvain: “Douglass, perhaps you don’t comprehend. I am a refined and cultivated gentleman now. I’m no longer a fighter! My interests now are in the arts, architecture, stocks, and music.”

Basham: “Oh, you like music do you? What’s you’re favorite?”

Sylvain: “Well I’m glad to see we’ve created an open dialogue. This will be so much more entertaining than silly old wrestling. My favorite of course is Beethoven’s sixth symphony in e-minor.”

Before Basham can answer, the crowd begins a “Boring” chant.

Basham: “My favorite? You want to know what my favorite is? Well, my favorite is a song called… momma said knock you out!”

Basham got a fairly big pop as he floored Grenier with a punch and tore off Grenier’s business jacket to the sound of the bell.

Overall Rating: 72

Doug Basham vs. Sylvain Grenier

A good opening match between the two with the crowd really getting on Sylvain’s case as he repeatedly tried to walk away from the match after nailing a big move or receiving one. The more Basham laid in a beating on Grenier the more the crowd seemed to get behind him, showing they really hate his mockery of the profession. The crowd really got behind Basham as he managed to lock Grenier in a Lance Storm-like Half Boston Crab. Basham relinquished his own submission though as Orlando Jordan and JBL were shown on the Titan-Tron from inside of their limousine.

Orlando: “Doug Basham, I can’t believe JBL ever gave you the honor of accepting you into his cabinet. You were a useless nothing then, just like you are now. And frankly Basham, that’s all you’ll ever be. Not like me. Orlando Jordan, the best damn US Champion there ever was, was trained under the wing of Mr. John Bradshaw Layfield.”

As Orlando rambles on and on Sylvain rolls Basham up with a Schoolboy, holding the tights for the three count. Grenier rolls out of the ring and makes his way up the aisle celebrating as Basham curses Orlando out.

Winner: Sylvain Grenier

Overall Rating: 70

Crowd Rating: 66

Super Crazy w/Psychosis and Juventud vs. Hardcore Holly

A fast paced old-school technical match with a lot of rest holds between the two veterans. These two weren’t afraid to take it aerial either with Super Crazy hitting several Slingshot and Springboard maneuvers and Holly nailing his amazing Dropkick and Superplex. Psychosis and Juvi proved to be a continual thorn in Holly’s side throughout the match, distracting the referee for cheap shots and tripping Holly as he bounces off the ropes. Holly got a good pop though at the end when he hit the Fullnelson Slam on Super Crazy before nailing Psychosis with a baseball slide, knocking him into Juvi and knocking them both down. Super Crazy then tried to pull himself up using the ropes but found his feet getting lift off the ground and getting a kick below the belt by Holly. Holly climbed to the top rope but Juvi jumped up on the apron to distract the ref and Psychosis held onto Holly’s foot, buying Super Crazy enough time to climb up and hit a Frankensteiner, followed by the Trifecta Moonsault for the three count. The Mexicools then entered the ring and laid a beating on the fallen Hardcore Holly. The Mexicools even managed to debut a neat double team of Psychosis nailing a Flying Legdrop just as Super Crazy hit’s a Moonsault all the way to the middle of the ring.

Winner: Super Crazy

Fresh Blood On Smackdown!

A video is played on the Titan-Tron of a completely dark room with lit candles lined up against the walls. Johnny Jeter wearing all black baggy pants and a baggy Anarchist shirt steps onto the scene.

Jeter: “Change. It’s what keeps life interesting. It’s what separates the boring and mundane - the normal, from excitement! Well I’m anything but normal. My name is Aleister Dante, and I’m here to change the scene of World Wrestling Entertainment forever. I’m sick and tired of all these pretty-boy prima donnas running around, in their tight little spandex briefs, flexing their steroid-driven muscles and trying to woo the ladies. Things are going to get very dark, very soon for WWE, I’ll make sure of it. To be honest I’m jaded of this colorful world Vince McMahon has created. I think things are better left off bleak, black and white, but mostly black! So I’ll be coming around that mountain soon Smackdown, and when I do, I’ll be painting you black! So says, Aleister Dante.”

Overall Rating: 60

The Health Inspectors

Steven Richards and Simon Dean make their way down to the ring dressed in the same work-out suit. Richards takes a microphone from ringside.

Richards: “Man, Simon will you take a look at this place. I feel like I’m at a pig pen! When the show tonight ends, it’s going to look like the Running Of The Bulls, or heavily fed cows at least.”

Dean: “Steven, you couldn’t me more right. As the newly declared Health Inspectors here on Smackdown, we are utterly disgraced and alarmed at the overflow of obesity here tonight!”

Richards: “Don’t focus too much on the jiggling of the audience tonight Simon. You have to take into consideration our opponents tonight. Heifer-reich, and Abnormality.”

Dean: “God, watching these two in a wrestling ring is like watching two Jello molds getting whipped by an egg beater. What would you say our Health Inspection Grade Of The Night is Steven?”

Richards: “Well Simon, with the combined efforts of our opponents and the blob of a crowd that came to view us, I’d say the very best grade we can give them is…”

Richards and Dean in Unison: “a F Minus!”

The Health Inspectors (Dean and Richards) vs. New Road Warriors - WWE Tag Team Titles

The New Road Warriors showed a classic tag team display of double teams and worked together smoothly, as did Dean and Richards who cheated much throughout the match. The crowd got into this match more than any other tonight, mainly due to a few hot tags between Animal and Heidenreich. The crowd all held their breath as Simon Dean went for a Sunset Flip on Heidenreich, who wouldn’t fall until he received a Steven Kick for a two count thanks to Animal breaking up the cover. With Animal getting the last hot tag of the match at the end, he cleared house with clotheslines, shoulder blocks, Press Slams, and just sheer strength related throws. With Animal dominating the scene, it wasn’t long before Richards was found on the receiving end of the Doomsday Device for the three count.

Winners: New Road Warriors

Crowd Rating: 73

Show Rating: 66

Heat Preview:

Johnny Parisi vs. Tyson Tomko

Super Stacy and The Hurricane vs. CM Punk and Vicki Adams - Intergender Tag Match

Carlito’s Cabana

Rosey vs. Kerwin White

Big Show vs. The Masterpieces (Chris Masters and Snitsky)

Also on the card: Viscera, Tajiri, Rob Conway and more!

Heat:

Date: September 25, 2005

Tyson Tomko vs. Johnny Parisi

SQUASH!! The official time limit of the match was one minute, thirty-five seconds, and that was only because Tomko wanted to make Parisi suffer. After a highly arrogant entrance by Parisi, Tomko beat the snot out of him with every powerhouse move in his wrestling attire. After a Press Slam, Tomko knocked Parisi clean out with the Chainsaw Kick and covered Parisi but released the pin at two. Tomko lifted Parisi back up to his feet and hit him with the Problem Solved (Roll Of The Dice) for a cocky pin for the three.

Winner: Tyson Tomko

Overall Rating: 64

Crowd Rating: 57

Match Rating: 71

SXE Slander Opponents

Vicki Adams and CM Punk are backstage in the interview area with Todd Grisham.

Grisham: “CM Punk, tonight you take on the team of The Hurricane and Stacy… er… Super Stacy in an intergender tag team match. What are your thoughts on the match?”

Punk: “My thoughts on the match? Todd, you must be mentally handicapped to ask such a stupid question. Of course, my only thought on the match is winning. I’m sure Vicki and I will have no trouble pinning the shoulders down of either The Hurricane or Super Stacy for the three. We’ll have no trouble for three simple reasons. We’re Straight Edge! No drugs! No drinking! And no promiscuous sex! Which summarized means… we’re just plain better!”

Vicki begins whispering in Punk’s ear then giggling.

Punk: “Good point Vicki. Vicki says, speaking of promiscuous sex, lets take a look at Stacy Keibler. Could her reputation scream Slut any louder? Stacy Keibler and the common tortoise are incredibly similar, for one major reason. Whenever their on their back… their screwed!”

Punk and Vicki walk off laughing.

The Hurricane and Stacy Keibler vs. CM Punk and Vicki Adams - Intergender Tag Team Match

The rules are simple, girls wrestle the girls, guys wrestle the guys. Punk and Hurricane were pretty much the only ones keeping this match watchable by any means as Stacy is no wrestler which was made clear once again in this match. Punk and Hurricane put on a clinic in the ring, pulling out everything technical, aerial, and even a few powerhouse moves on one another. Vicki got the blind tag at the end and tried to attack Hurricane from the apron, but the shot barely phased him and when Hurricane was told he had to exit the ring he threw Vicki Adams into the ring first before tagging in Stacy. Stacy took it to Vicki for a whole minute before the more experienced Vicki Adams hit a swinging Neckbreaker. Vicki then walked over to Hurricane and Bitch Slapped him across the face. Hurricane tried to get into the ring, distracting the referee as Stacy nailed Vicki with a Spinning Heel Kick that rocked her. Stacy covered Vicki but with the referee distracted by The Hurricane, this gave CM Punk the opportunity to enter the ring and nail Stacy with the Devil Lock DDT, then throw Vicki’s arm over her for the three count. Punk and Vicki left the ringside area to a lot of heat as Hurricane checked up on Stacy. EMT’s rushed down to the ring and put Stacy in a neck brace on a stretcher. The camera followed Hurricane and Stacy all the way backstage and into an ambulance before it left.

Winners: CM Punk and Vicki Adams

Overall Rating: 63

Match Rating: 40

Carlito’s Cabana!

Carlito comes down to the ring to a lot of heat with his Intercontinental Title. Carlito gets into the middle of his interview set and takes a microphone from the ring crew.

Carlito: “Tonight, I’ve got one of the biggest guests ever on The Cabana! Quite literally! This is a whole lot of man, this is, Viscera!”

Viscera’s music hits as Big Vis comes down to the ring and takes a microphone from the ring crew.

Viscera: “Hello Carlito, and good evening Ladies! I hope all you ladies tonight are satisfied with tonight’s show so far, if not my hotel room number is 2...6...9! Just as the receptionist for Big Vis.”

Carlito: “Ok, ok big guy, calm your hormones. God, picturing you getting it on with anyone is just making me gag. Besides Vis, it’s clear to see that no woman here wants you. Maybe the elephants at the zoo, I don’t know, but none of these women here. You know why? Because you’re not cool Vis. Not cool at all. It’s clear that every lady here has come to see Carlito.”

Viscera: “Carlito, there’s nothing less appealing in this arena then you right now. Maybe that dog crap I saw walking in the arena, but I don’t know, it’s a close call. You may be “Cool” but Carlito, baby, I’ve got that certain… Viscagra! So how about you and me hook up, right here, right now, for that Intercontinental Title, so I can show you how I get down!”

Carlito laughs at the statement then takes a bite into his apple. He turns to leave then spit’s the apple into Viscera’s face, followed by attacking him with right hands to start the match.

Overall Rating: 66

Carlito vs. Viscera - Intercontinental Title

Not a bad match with Viscera using Carlito as a comedy prop, sodimizing him and forcing him into sensual positions. Carlito got a big laugh as he tried to apparently spear Viscera and bounced off of Viscera’s large girth. Viscera went for the Embalmer mid-match but it was countered with a rake to the eyes. The match was pretty slow paced but kept the crowd fairly entertained. Carlito brought in his Intercontinental Title at the end to attack Viscera with, but Viscera ducked it and hit Carlito with a head butt that sent him reeling into the referee. Viscera slammed Carlito down and bounced off the ropes for the big Splash. Carlito scooched over about 6 inches and held up his Intercontinental Title to counter the splash, and as planned Viscera’s face came crashing down into the gold. Carlito tossed out the title and covered the big man as the referee shook off his bump and counted the three.

Winner: Carlito

Match Rating: 68

Rob Conway vs. Tajiri

Conway spent the match over powering Tajiri, and becoming incredibly complacent with his beating. A series of slaps to the back of the head only motivated the Japanese Buzzsaw, and when the opportunity arose, Tajiri began to cut down The Conman with a barrage of stiff martial arts kicks. The tide turned near the end when Tajiri’s springboard back elbow was countered by a Back Drop by Conway. Conway put the boots to Tajiri, but as The Conman went to finish off the match “The Con-way” with the Ego Trip, Tajiri used his feet to bounce off the ropes, landing behind Conway and catching him with a Shuffle Side Kick to the stomach that dropped Conway to his knees, setting him up for the Buzzsaw Kick for the three count.

Winner: Tajiri

Match Rating: 77

Kerwin White vs. Rosey

Kerwin was vicious on his cheap shots on Rosey tonight, trying to steal the win at every turn. Rosey managed to use his size advantage to crush Kerwin every now and then for a comeback but wasn’t able to put Kerwin away for the three. Kerwin began to work on Rosey’s leg which cut him down to size and made him quite vulnerable. Kerwin would even go as far as to slam Rosey’s knee into the ringpost, despite the referee’s warnings. The end came when Kerwin locked Rosey into the STF until he tapped out. White held the submission on until The Hurricane ran down to run Kerwin off.

Winner: Kerwin White

Overall Rating: 75

Crowd Rating: 69

Big Show vs. The Masterpieces

A battle of giants, as the three contestants squared off… or in this case I suppose it would be traingled off. Both Masters and Snitsky one at a time tried to over power the Big Show but were easily outmatched. Snitsky and Masters began to break out the double teams, working Show over. Show got a good response from the crowd when he began to counter the double teams with attacks such as Double Clotheslines and Suplexing both Masters and Snitsky at once. Snitsky used a lot of cheap shots to wear Big Show down, but Big Show grabbed Snitsky by the throat for the Show Stopper. Masters entered the ring illegally and attacked Show from behind. The attack barely phased Show, so the seven foot giant merely threw Snitsky away, accidently throwing him into the referee. Masters gave Big Show a rake the eyes followed by a low blow. Show dropped to his knees holding his crotch which gave Chris Masters the opportunity to lock Big Show in the Master Lock. Show fought the Master Lock and nearly broke Masters’ grip but Snitsky slid into the ring just in time and cracked Show over the skull several times with a steel chair until he lost consciousness. The referee woke up as Snitsky exited the ring with the chair, to see only Show passed out from the Master Lock.

Winners: The Masterpieces

Crowd Rating: 72

Match Rating: 76

Show Rating: 67

RAW Preview:

John Cena announces new General Manager of RAW!

Edge vs. Matt Hardy - Strap Match

Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin

Shawn Michaels Makes an Open Challenge!

Also on the card: Eugene, Kerwin White, CM Punk, Danny Basham and more!

RAW

Date: September 26, 2005

Who Will Steal The Show?

The show opens up with some pyros followed by the theme music of Shawn Michaels. HBK struts down to the ring and takes a microphone from Lillian Garcia.

HBK: “You know, it’s been a long time since Shawn Michaels has been put in a match with someone who can actually carry themselves! Don’t get me wrong, I can work wonders in a match, especially with someone who is WAY out of my league. I am the single-greatest Sports Entertainer, IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD! I go out there every night and no matter how sloppy my opponent in the ring is, I give the fans a show like they have never seen before. Why? Because I’m the man… and I can! The problem however is I want to actually face people who are in my league and that can put on a damn good match with me! I want an opponent tonight that when we hook up, the place will stand on their feet and watch in amazement! So if there’s anyone in the back, I’m begging you, I AM BEGGING YOU! Come out tonight and accept my challenge, but only if you think you can put on a five star match with The Heart Break Kid in the Main Event! I need an opponent who can actually WRESTLE!”

The crowd goes into a frenzy as the music they hear is none other than the Olympic Gold Medallist, Kurt Angle who comes out on stage with a microphone in hand.

Angle: “Shawn Michaels, you think you steal every show that you go on? I got news for you Shawn, the spotlight may be on you when the curtains close, but the highlight of the night in everyone’s mind is Kurt Freaking Angle! I’ve beaten you on the biggest stage in the industry Shawn. I’ve beaten HBK at WrestleMania XXI, and I’ll be damn proud to break you freaking ankle tonight! Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle, the most vicious son of a bitch on Monday Nights, in the main event tonight! Oh it’s true, it’s damn true!”

HBK: “Kurt, I’ve got news for you! I'm the showstopper, the headliner, the main event, the icon that is the Heartbreak Kid! You may have beaten me once but I can out-perform you on any night of the week pal! You and me in the main event tonight! It’ll be my responsibility to make that match the match of the year, because I’m the man… and that’s what I do!”

Overall Rating: 90

The Hurricane vs. CM Punk w/Vicki Adams

A quick back and forth technical competition with both contestants bringing out all sorts of innovative moves in one another. Hurricane got some big air mid-match when he dove off the top rope hitting a “Super” Flying Crossbody but Punk rolled it over into a pin of his own for a two count. Punk used a lot of submissions to wear down the anatomy of The Hurricane, such as a Sharpshooter, a modified STF, the Texas Cloverleaf, but even the fierce Anaconda Vice couldn’t make Hurricane tap out as he repeatedly got the ropes. Vicki Adams climbed up on the apron to distract the referee as Hurricane hit the Eye Of The Hurricane. Hurricane covered Punk but with the referee distracted there was no way he was getting the win. Hurricane walked over and grabbed Vicki Adams, hurling her into the ring. Hurricane grabbed Vicki by the hair but before he could do anything to her, Punk rolled Hurricane up with a Schoolboy with the tights as leverage for the three. Punk and Vicki celebrated until they decided they weren’t finished. Vicki pulled a can of spray paint out of her pocket and handed it to Punk who cracked The Hurricane over the head with it. Punk spray-painted Hurricane’s back with the letters “SXE” before leaving.

Winner: CM Punk

Match Rating: 95

Green card Alliance!

Carlito comes down to the ring to his music and enters the set for The Cabana. Carlito take a microphone from the ring crew.

Carlito: “Tonight, my guest on The Cabana is a man who I share a common enemy with. This man had a win sweeped right out from underneath him at the last RAW pay-per-view and that’s just wrong on so many levels. I present to you, the loser of the flag match at Unforgiven… The French Phenom, Rene Dupree!”

Rene comes down to his music and enters the set of The Cabana, taking a microphone from ring crew.

Rene: “Look at the American scum around the ring tonight. You know what’s even worse than this American garbage surrounding the ring in the front row Carlito?”

Carlito: “What’s that Rene?”

Rene: “The cheap American bastards who sit up there in the cheap seats! Here’s a clue you idiots, don’t buy tickets off a scalper next time! Buy your tickets the old fashioned honorable way!”

Carlito: “He makes a good point. You know Rene, I like you. I like you a lot. I’m going to go so far as to even say… Rene, You’re cool!”

Rene: “Now that’s cool!”

Carlito: “But you know who isn’t cool Rene? That idiot in the red, white, and blue who beat you at Unforgiven. That… that’s not cool Rene.”

Rene: “Daniel Basham is the epitome of the American Spirit. Stubborn, lying, cheating, crazy, stupid son of a bitch!”

Carlito: “I agree whole heartedly with you. If that bastard was here right now… I would spit right in his face!”

The music of none other than Danny Basham hits, much to Carlito and Rene’s dislike. The two begin leaning over the ropes and cursing Basham out. Basham comes out on stage with a microphone in hand.

Basham: “Boy, all this attention over little, ol’ me. How sweet. Boys I’ve got the fire in me tonight and I need to let it out! I need a match boys. I need to put these Red, White, and Blue tights into that ring and put these boots up two foreign asses! You two seem to fit the description if you see what I’m saying.”

Carlito: “You want a match against the two of us? Fine lets do it! Right here! Right now! Bring it on!”

Basham: “Whoa, calm down there Side-Show Bob, just because I’m a pure hearted American fighter, that doesn’t mean I’m stupid enough to go into a handicap match with the two of you. So how about I bring out my partner and we make this a tag match? I give to you, someone who’s incredibly proud to be an American citizen. I give to you, the Japanese Buzzsaw, TAJIRI!”

Tajiri comes out on stage to a large ovation. Tajiri and Basham look at each other then charge the ring starting the match.

Overall Rating: 66

Tajiri and Danny Basham vs. Rene Dupree and Carlito

A very good tag match with four opponents fighting for their own nationalities. Basham and Rene really used their tag expertise in this match, making frequent tags and bringing out a lot of double teams. Dupree and Carlito would use cheap double teams such as distracting the referee while their partner chokes their opponent out, and exposing the ribs so their partner can deliver a stiff shot to them. Tajiri and Basham were a bit more innovative with their double team moves, mostly with Basham using Tajiri as a weapon by Bench Pressing him and dropping him down on their opponent with a Splash, and throwing Tajiri into the air so he can deliver a dropkick. The end came though when after Dupree eliminated Basham on the outside of the ring by throwing him into the steel steps, Carlito and Dupree double teamed Tajiri in the ring. While the referee checked on Basham on the outside, Dupree lifted Tajiri up for a Powerbomb while Carlito climbed up to the top rope. Before Carlito could dive off, Tajiri delivered the Mist to the face of Carlito causing him to fall off, then nailed Rene with a Hurricanrana followed by the Buzzsaw Kick that would knock him down and out for the three.

Winners: Tajiri and Danny Basham

Overall Rating: 79

Match Rating: 85

Y2J Hype Up

Chris Jericho is standing backstage in the interview area with Todd Grisham.

Grisham: “Chris Jericho, tonight you go one on one with a man you have a lot of history with. It was not to long ago that you and Shelton Benjamin were having a bitter feud with one another over the Intercontinental Title, how do you feel about tonight’s match?”

Jericho: “Todd, do you recognize this gorgeous kisser? I’m Chris Jericho! I’m the king of the world! I was the very first undisputed champion! And no matter how many times Shelton can steal a victory from me here and there, but he’ll never be able to steal that from me. Shelton Benjamin is an ass clown. He could never achieve the godly status that Y2J has reached. I’m tired of Shelton running around, running his mouth when he’s got nothing to say. Shelton, all the Jeri-coholics have a message for you jerky! Will you please! SHUT! THE HELL! UP!? Nobody wants to see you around here Shelton and tonight, the Larger Than Life, Living Legend will make a point to take you off the face of this planet! I’m going to inflict such a beating on you Shelton, that you will never… EEEEEVER!!! FORGET! AGAIN!”

Overall Rating: 100

Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Jericho

A phenomenal match, and undoubtedly match of the night if not year. The crowd was on their feet through the whole match cheering on Benjamin. The crowd became divided mid-match and began cheering on Jericho and Benjamin for their amazing display of technical, speed, and brawling skills. The crowd began giving both men a round of applause after Benjamin went for the Super Kick which Jericho caught and tripped Benjamin, trying to lock him in the Walls Of Jericho, but Benjamin rolled threw, pulled Jericho up and went for the T-Bone only for Jericho to drop down into a Small Package for the two on Benjamin. In some people’s mind the match was ruined when Kerwin White ran down to the ring and grabbed Benjamin’s foot as he tried to go for the Springboard Bulldog on Jericho. Benjamin kicked Kerwin off but as he went for his springboard aerial assault, Jericho caught him with a Spinebuster that lead to the Walls of Jericho forcing Benjamin to tap. Jericho refused to release the hold and Kerwin entered the ring with his sack of golf clubs. Kerwin squatted down, sitting on Benjamin’s upper back and used the golf club to choke Benjamin in a double submission type double team. The crowd boo’d the two heavily until the most unlikely suspect ran down to save the day. Eugene dashed down the aisle and began firing off right and lefts in a boxing like fashion to Jericho, backing him up into the ropes where Eugene dodged a Kerwin White clothesline that ended up knocking Jericho out of the ring. Kerwin turned around into the Rock Bottom followed by the most electrifying move in all of sports entertainment, The People’s Elbow.

Winner: Chris Jericho

Overall Rating: 95

Tragic News

Edge and Lita are backstage in their locker room with Ashley Massaro hanging out in the background.

Edge: “Matt, Matt, Matt. You just don’t get it do you? I’ve got your woman, and there’s nothing you can do about it. She left your sorry ass when she saw how pathetic you were… and how much more of a man I was! Who would want Matt Hardy Version 1.5 or whatever all that crap is, when they could have Mr. Money In The Bank! Or from the sounds you heard last week in the trunk of the car Matt, maybe you should be calling me Mr. Edge In Lita. But you couldn’t take it could you Matt when you found out, could you? Yeah, that’s right. You know exactly what I’m talking about. I heard all about it. When the news was broken to you that the love of your life for six whole long years… had cheated on you with one of your best friends, you snapped. You couldn’t take it the news Matt. You and I both know what you did next, and while you tried to keep it a secret from everyone, I won’t! You heard the news, and two days later you took out the rope, you took out the chair and you made yourself a noose. It’s a good thing that rope snapped Matt. It would have been a shame if I didn’t get to kick your ass night in and night out! But I understand Matt. I understand that you wanted to die! You probably still do! So I’ll help you out with that Matt. I’ll help you out tonight with your request. And that… you can Bank On It!”

Overall Rating: 76

Matt Hardy vs. Edge w/Lita - Strap Match

This was an incredibly brutal match with both men using the leather strap as a weapon to whip one another with. Edge focused on Matt’s ribs so he could finish off with the Spear, while Hardy tried to work over Edge’s whole anatomy. Hardy used the strap to pull Edge into the steel ring post on the outside of the ring, but later on Edge got some payback when Hardy climbed to the top rope unaware the strap was tangled around his foot, and Edge gave it a jerk to pull Matt Hardy right down to the mat. Matt tried to castrate Edge with the strap, getting it between Edge’s legs then pulling it up three times, with the last time being so hard Edge did a flip and landed on his back. Both men by the end of the match were covered in welts from the strap, but it was Edge who delivered the final blow when he wrapped the strap around Hardy’s neck and threw him over the top rope choking him out. Hardy fought it for a while but ended up losing consciousness and thus the referee had to stop the match. Edge finally released the strap allowing Hardy to fall to the outside and was announced the winner.

Winner: Edge via Stoppage

Crowd Rating: 88

Match Rating: 76

Number One Contender Speaks

Triple H and Ric Flair are backstage in the interview area with Jonathan Coachman.

Coach: “Triple H, The Game, tonight the WWE Champion names the new RAW General Manager. And if that isn’t enough to think about, you’ve got an upcoming match with John Cena, whenever you would like it. What’s going through your head right now?”

Triple H: “Well Coach, it’s pretty simple, but I’ll have to talk slow so all the idiots out there can understand me. I-DO-NOT-CARE-WHO-THE-NEW-GENERAL-MANAGER-IS! It makes no difference to me whatsoever. Cena thinks he can intimidate me with his little childish mind games, telling me I know this person very well. What kind of idiot does Cena take me for? So I know the person, big deal, I’ve probably kicked their ass before too! Who’s he bringing back? Mick Foley for the four hundredth time? That little whiner, Shane McMahon? Hell, he can make Ric Flair the new general manager for all I care. None of It matters to me Coach. He can play all the mind games he wants, but he’s playing mind games with the wrong S.O.B. I was once referred to as the Cerebral Assassin Coach. So if he wants to play mind games, fine, lets let the mind games begin! I don’t give a damn, it doesn’t matter to me. The only thing that matters to me is the WWE Championship.”

Flair: “Which he will win! Because he is the man! Cena thinks he’s the man, but to be the man… WOO! You’ve got to beat the man! And Triple H, is the man!”

Triple H: “That’s right Ric. I am the man. And Cena’s going to have to get through me to be declared a true champion. Cena and I will walk into our title match, but only I will walk out, and I will walk out WWE Champion for the eleventh time! Because I am… THAT! Damn… GOOD!”

Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle

A spectacular match, no different then their match at Vengeance or their match at WrestleMania. Lots of old school maneuvers but as the match progressed things got more and more new-school. Angle began speeding up the pace of the match with Belly to Belly Suplexes, Hat Trick Germans and running up the ropes to throw HBK off the top with an arm drag. Michaels would not be outmatched though as he would bring out the Figure Four, the plancha, and the Flying Elbow Drop however he could only get the two. These two clearly were doing their damndest to outshow the Chris Jericho-Shelton Benjamin match earlier on. Michaels’ ego would be his downfall in this match as he tuned up the band for the Sweet Chin Music. Michaels shuffled towards Angle for the Sweet Chin Music, but instead went for the Angle Slam, which Angle slipped out of, landed on his feet and tripped Michaels, locking him in the Angle Lock. Michaels tried to fight off the Angle Lock but once the grapevine was applied and HBK realized he was miles away from the ropes he had no choice but to tap out. Both men got a standing ovation after the match.

Overall Rating: 96

Crowd Rating: 97

THE TIME IS NOW!

John Cena’s music hits as the crowd goes nuts, knowing what this means. Cena comes down to the ring with his WWE Title to a big pop. He enters the ring and after firing up the crowd some more takes the microphone from Lillian Garcia.

Cena: “Once again, the champ is here! Tonight I announce my pick as RAW’s new General Manager. I promised Triple H that he knows this person very well. He has a very long past with this person but now that their threw, they favor the new franchise, your boy, John Cena. Hunter, I know you like to play mind games, I know you’re the Cerebral Assassin, but I’m John Cena son, You Can’t See Me! And I bet you never saw this one coming either bitch. Lets bring them out. Ladies and Gentlemen, the new General Manager of RAW…”

John Cena points to the entrance as everyone waits in anticipation. We see Triple H standing backstage staring at a monitor with Ric Flair impatiently. Finally the music hits…

I'm all grown up now, and I've listen and learn

A True Star and I’m finally gettin my turn

Took my hell, earned my spot

Im a be here for a minute sonny boy if you like it or not

When you think chicks and whips

I'm on the out though

Im Laid back, sun in my face, just like pop, now I'm turned around

Now that the world is mine

Aint a cloud in the sky that could stop my shine, I loved it

I didn’t came from the grime and grit

Now Im on top shinin on rhymin shh..

When you think about me you think of the best

Like a full length mink, going a new corvette.. yes

When I spit consider the mess

A mountain of past

6 digits nothin less

When you think of Jackie O you think of success, success, success

I’m all grown up now

Gonna show this world how a woman takes on it all

And watch the old guard fall

I’m ready for, the, world to come to me

Everyone to see

I’ll make you believe I’m in control

A good portion of the crowd cheers to see Stephanie McMahon and her two biggest assets back on screen while a section of the building, mainly smarks release a groan of annoyance. Stephanie struts down the aisle and enters the ring as Cena holds down the ropes for her. We see Triple H and Ric Flair tearing up their locker room in aggravation. Cena hands his microphone to Stephanie as he sits back in the corner.

Stephanie: “It is damn good to be back on WWE RAW! Monday Night RAW - Where the action is. Not too long ago, I was General Manager of Smackdown, but baby… oh John, I don’t need to tell you this, Stephanie McMahon, likes, it, RAW! And as my first action as the new General Manager of RAW, I have an announcement to make about next week’s WWE RAW. Next week, October 3, Monday Night, the main event will be, John Cena’s challanger for his WWE Title Triple H, putting his number one contendership for the WWE Title against a man who’s been on the shelf for way too long. Next Week, Main Event, Triple H takes on Mr. Monday Night himself, Rob… Van… Dam for Triple H’s Number One Contendership! Oh if that’s not enough, it gets better. Just a few months ago, RVD went on ECW One Night Stand and talked about how he felt like he was being misused. So to make everybody happy… well everyone but Triple H, RVD vs. Triple H will be in an ECW Rules Match! What do we say to that John?”

Cena and Stephanie At The Same Time: “WORD LIFE!”

Show Rating: 86

Smackdown Preview:

Doug Basham vs. Orlando Jordan - Non-Title Match

Mitchell and Regal vs. Chair Swinging Freaks vs. MNM vs. Italians - Elimination Number One Contendership Tag Turmoil Match

New Road Warriors vs. Randy Orton and Eddie Guerrero (Any Tag Team To Interfere Will Be Fired)

Also on the card: Batista, Rey Mysterio, JBL, Chris Benoit, and Booker T

Some good promo's, you went with Stephanie when most people would have went with Shane I think, but it was a good surprise and fits better. I just happen to enjoy Shane as a character more than Stephanie as the eye candy.

Are you writing out ONS?

I just finished reading this diary and I must say it pretty well written. I like they way you make the characters come to like in the interviews and angles. I can't wait to see who wins at No Mercy (Hopefully Randy Orton (Y) )

Edited by Trav226

Smackdown

Date: September 29, 2005

Mitchell and Regal vs. Chair Swinging Freaks vs. MNM vs. Vito and Nunzio- Elimination Number One Contendership Tag Turmoil Match

Mitchell and Regal wore Red Trench Coats to the ring with the words “The Red Coats” on them, thus signifying their new tag team name. The match was a good display of the ever improving tag division on Smackdown with each team using their set of double team moves and different styles. As a very Melina began to distract Axl Rotten on the outside of the ring with her beauty, Mercury and Nitro hit the Snapshot on Brad Mahoney for the three count, eliminating the Chair Swinging Freaks. MNM’s cheating tactics would be their downfall in this match though, as only a few minutes later with Jillian Hall on the apron distracting the referee while MNM double teamed Big Vito, Nunzio slid into the ring and nailed Mercury with the Cruiserweight Title, then tackled Nitro out of the ring while Vito covered Mercury for the three. Mitchell and Regal who were fairly fresh in the match having not gotten the tag through most of it, came in and picked at the bones that were the two Italians. Mitchell really got the crowd behind him when he slammed Vito in the middle of the ring, then went over to the corner and picked up Nunzio for a Samoan Drop, rolling forward right over to Vito where he hit a Standing Star Press for the three.

Winners: Regal and Mitchell

Crowd Rating: 62

The Red Coats

Before Regal and Mitchell leave the ring, Regal grabs a microphone from the ring crew.

Regal: “Animal and Heidenreich, the New Road Warriors. Sunshine #1 and #2, we’ve got news for you. We’re coming for your bloody tag team titles! Yes sir, we are. We’re coming to divide and conquer. We’re going to succeed where our ancestry failed. England failed to whip America into line some three-hundred, four-hundred years ago. Where they failed, we Red Coats shall succeed. First stop, Tag Team Titles, next…”

Mitchell puts his large hand on Regal’s shoulder, silencing him. Mitchell leans over to the microphone to finish for him.

Mitchell: “Mr. Regal, I don’t think that is any of their business. These bloody little toe-rags will find out for themselves."

Overall Rating: 61

Down With Society

A video is played on the Titan-Tron of the same dark room as last week surrounded by candles with Aleister Dante in the middle.

Dante: “Hello sheep. Incase you forgot, my name is Aleister Dante. I’m not here to follow your rules; I’m not here to enforce them; I’m not here to even notice them. I’m here to do what I want, when I want, and how I want to do it. You however could never achieve that. You follow society’s standards like sheep to it’s Shepard. I’ve got news for you all. Your Shepard is leading you all right to damnation. He’s putting you in the back of his truck, and he’s driving you off to the sheering factory. He’ll shave off what he wants from you, then throw you back. If you don’t believe me, look at the fools in the World Wrestling Entertainment. They all look the same: Tattoo’s, short little spandex, big muscles. They all work hard to please you. They all work to be physically appealing to the eye. Not me. You don’t like how I dress? I don’t care. You don’t like how I wrestle? I don’t care! You don’t like that I wear a little more eyeliner then your aunt? I DON’T CARE! I’m here to make a change. How it all ends, you have to wait and see, but I’ll give away how it’s going to start. WWE No Mercy, my breeding ground. My debut scene - October sixteenth. And I will show No Mercy to society’s standards. I will show No Mercy to those who are dubbed Normal! Well I’ll change what you all consider normal. The change is coming WWE. Can you feel it? Can you feel the change coming? More importantly, when it comes… will you be ready for it? So asks, Aleister Dante.”

Overall Rating: 59

Doug Basham vs. Orlando Jordan - Non-Title Match

A good solid technical match with lots of chops, headlocks and old-school holds. Orlando used a lot of cheap shots such as hot shots, choking Basham till four, and raking Basham’s eyes. Basham got looked at as a legitimate athlete and contender for the US Title in this match, showing he can really go. Orlando almost scored the three when he rolled up Basham with a backslide and used the ropes for leverage but Basham kicked out at 2 and ¾. Orlando was caught off guard when he whipped Basham off the ropes and missed with a clothesline, thus bouncing off the ropes himself and getting caught in the middle of the ring with the Last Impression. Basham covered Jordan for the three count. After the match Basham took Orlando’s US Title and raised it above his head.

Winner: Doug Basham

Match Rating: 86

Christian Coalition Disbanding?

Christian’s music hits as Captain Charisma stomps down to the ring, looking quite angry. Christian circles the ring, shoving Tony Chimmel out of his seat and stealing his chair and microphone. Christian folds the chair up and enters the ring with it, setting it up right square in the middle, and taking a seat in it.

Christian: “Week in, and week out, the peeps grow more and more disappointed in Captain Charisma. The Captain, just can’t seem to pull out a victory as of late. No matter how hard I try, no matter how many chump stains I rub out of the picture, week in and week out, it’s me who takes the fall. It’s Christian who walks out with the J-O-B. It’s Christian, who gets booed out of the building every week because of the B.S. that’s been going on. I’ve been informed in fact, that the Christian Coalition Fan Board has been shut down due to lack of positive participation. I’m Captain Charisma damnit! I deserve some respect! And until I get it, I’m not moving from this very seat. They can put the whole show on around me, I don’t care. I’m not budging until I get some respect. ‘Cause that’s how I roll, Bitch!”

After a few moments of Christian sitting in his chair looking quite disgruntled and the fans not showing any more appreciation towards him than usual, the lights go out and a gong is heard. The crowd goes into a frenzy as a purple lighting rises over the arena, followed by a foggy entrance way. The Undertaker steps out on stage and pauses for a moment, letting Christian think about if what he’s doing is worth it. The Undertaker slowly makes his way down to the ring and climbs up the steel steps, rising his arms to raise the lights. Undertaker steps into the ring and removes his hat and coat, which brings Christian to his feet. The two get into a nose-to-nose stare down with Christian talking a lot of smack in The Undertaker’s face. Christian even went as far as to slap the Dead Man right across the face. Undertaker then leveled Christian with a right hand and followed it up with several more, every time Christian rose back to his feet. Soon after a few punches, Christian found himself flying through the air and flat on his back from a Choke Slam. Undertaker knelt down, stuck out his tongue and rolled his eyes into the back of his head as the fog lifted over him.

Overall Rating: 93

A Dangerous Bond

Eddie Guerrero and Randy Orton are backstage in the interview area with Funaki.

Funaki: “This is Funaki - Smackdown, NUMBER ONE Announcer! Tonight, Randy Orton, Eddie Guerrero, you two take on the tag team champions. This could mean that everyone walking into your match at No Mercy will be carrying gold, and one of you might even walk out a double champion.”

Orton: “Get a look at greatness Funaki! You’re looking at the future of this industry, “Legend Killer” Randy Orton.”

Eddie: “Listen here homes, its like this ese. Tonight Orton and Guerrero are going to lie, cheat, and steal those Tag Team Titles from the New Road Warriors. Orale!”

Orton: “And after that, we’ll take on Batista at No Mercy. Of course it’s not like Randy Orton needs Eddie Guerrero to win those tag team titles, or the World Heavyweight Title. The Legend Killer, is a third generation superstar! And after I kill the legend tonight, that is the Road Warriors, I’ll move on to finish off the World Heavyweight Champion Batista, with the R…K…O. Batista doesn’t stand a chance against me, because not only am I better looking, I’m just plain better!”

Eddie: “Orale homes! What are you thinking ese? You think you can win tonight’s match on your own? You just sit back and take notes homes. Eddie Guerrero will be the MVP of the match tonight, and the highlight of our match at No Mercy. You, Batista, and the New Road Warriors, don’t stand a chance when I unleash my Latino Heat! Viva La Rasa!”

Orton and Eddie go nose to nose looking quite annoyed with one another as the camera fades out.

Eddie Guerrero and Randy Orton vs. New Road Warriors - Tag Team Titles

The New Road Warriors played the powerhouse underdogs, who used their powerhouse moves to wear down The Legend Killer and Latino Heat. Eddie and Orton wouldn’t be overlooked though, using various cheap tactics to keep things in their corner. Heidenreich was isolated and double teamed through much of the end of the match, but after a double clothesline and a hot tag to Road Warrior Animal, The New Road Warriors were split-second counts away from winning. Eddie climbed up to the top rope for the Frog Splash while Heidenreich and Orton battled away in the corner of the ring. Heidenreich whipped Orton off the ropes, crotching Guerrero, then caught Orton with the Sidewalk Slam. Heidenreich threw Eddie off the top rope to the concrete ground below as the New Road Warriors hit Orton with the Doomsday Device for the three count. The New Road Warriors celebrated but since the match ended and the No Interference Rule no longer applied, Batista’s music hit as The Animal made his way down the ring. A Spinebuster here and there, followed by a Batista Bomb to each Orton and Guerrero left Batista the last man standing.

Winners: New Road Warriors

Overall Rating: 82

Crowd Rating: 81

Match Rating: 84

General Manager Showdown

Theodore Long is shown backstage limping around with a bandage over his head. Long enters his office to find Eric Bischoff stretched out over Long’s expensive leather sofa.

Bischoff: “Teddy, I didn’t know you had such taste in offices.”

Long: “That’s Theodore. Theodore R. Long, to you playa. What the hell are you doing in my office. What the hell are you doing attacking me last week playa! I want some answers, and I want them right now, or I’m going to go ahead and just kick your ass, now believe dat!”

Long begins taking off his jacket but Bischoff gets up off the couch, showing his Smackdown shirt underneath his leather jacket.

Bischoff: “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Calm down Teddy. Don’t want to burst a blood vessel. Listen Teddy, I know you want to know why I’m hear. Well as you know, I’ve been relieved of my General Manager duties on RAW. But you’ve known me for a long time. I was in control of WCW, then I was in control of RAW, I’m a control freak! I have to have a position of power at all times! When I found out I lost my prized position on RAW, I thought my life was over Teddy.”

Long: “How sad. I almost care playa. Now, what the hell are you doing here on Smackdown!?”

Bischoff: “I’m getting to that, I’m getting to that. You see Teddy, when I lost my General Manager position, when I fell from grace, I didn’t know what I was going to do with my life. It took me all of three hours to remember, hey! There’s another brand in WWE. And how did Eric Bischoff rise to power in the first place? How did I gain the status that got me where I am today? By stepping all over people like you… Teddy!”

Long: “You want my job playa? You’ll have to kill me for it. You feel me?”

Bischoff: “Sounds like a plan. Or maybe it’s a challenge. How about that Teddy? Theodore Long vs. Eric Bischoff at No Mercy, your General Manager position on the line. Think about that. No matter who wins, think of the ratings it’ll draw.

Long: “You make an interesting point Bischoff. Smackdown is the land of opportunity, and I’d feel like a mighty big hypocrite if I didn’t give you the opportunity to beat me. There’s just one problem playa. I’m a lover, not a fighter. So we’ll have to find some alternative solution to that challenge. Hmm… I‘ve got it! How about this, I‘ll put my General Manager position on the line, in the same way you lost your job. A hand-selected representative chosen by me, will face one chosen by you. Winner walks away with my title.”

Bischoff: “Ha! You think you’re so smart Teddy. Thinking you can get inside my head with that stipulation. But little you know, I knew you would choose that stipulation. I knew you weren’t man enough to actually fight me Teddy! I knew you didn’t have a set as big as mine, or maybe not at all! But seeing as how I knew you would choose that stipulation, I’ve already been screening your roster for a selection. So I’ll let you know as soon as I find my representative.”

The camera fades out on Bischoff’s devious smile.

Chris Benoit vs. Rey Mysterio

The two brought a very technical feel to the match, starting off with a collar-elbow tie-up which Benoit won, but Mysterio took control of with a rake to the eyes. Mysterio cheated through this whole match, and used especially dangerous moves on Benoit that could have ended Benoit and/or Rey’s career. Benoit showed a vicious streak on Rey, looking like he was trying to purposely injure him. The highlight of the match came when Rey went for short West Coast Pop, which Benoit ducked and gave a German Suplex over the top rope to the outside. The end came when Rey brought a steel chair into the ring, and shoved down the referee to stop any interference. Before Rey could swing the chair though, the music of Booker T hit as the Booker Man and Sharmell came out on stage to watch the match, grabbing Rey’s attention. Mysterio dropped the chair and began walking towards the ropes to meet Booker on the ramp, but Benoit took Rey down from behind and locked in the Crossface, which Rey quickly tapped out to. Benoit refused to release the hold as the bell sounded over and over.

Winner: Chris Benoit

Match Rating: 86

JBL Afraid Of Benoit

John Bradshaw Layfield is shown backstage with Orlando Jordan, watching Benoit holding Rey in the Crossface as he repeatedly tapped out, and Booker yelling in his face.

JBL: “Benoit! Hey! Benoit!”

JBL caught Benoit’s attention, forcing him to release his submission. Rey slipped out of the ring and left the ringside area, holding his arm and his neck.

JBL: “Benoit, you lunatic! Don’t you see how you look right now? You look like a raving maniac, foaming at the mouth. Well Benoit, I know you tried to snap Rey in half with that Crossface to send a message to me. Well, I have a message to send to the powers to be here on Smackdown. I’m refusing to even go down to the ring for my match tonight, unless I’m assured that Chris Benoit will leave the building right now! Think about it Benoit, I’m in the main event tonight! All these idiots out here, all came here tonight to chant my name. J-B-L! J-B-L! J-B-L! They could care less about you Benoit. You’re boring. You’re uncharismatic. I ooze charisma. I ooze cash. I ooze charm. They all came here to see a Wrestling God. ME! Therefore if I’m not assured you’ll leave right now, the ratings for this show will take a nose dive and it will be all your fault Benoit!”

Benoit takes a microphone from the ring crew and yells at JBL.

Benoit: “JBL, fine. You coward, you have my word that I’ll be no where near the ring tonight. And if you do, I will personally lay down in the middle of the ring, and let you pin me - 1, 2, 3!”

Benoit places the microphone down on the mat and exit’s the ring, walking up the ramp way.

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Booker T w/Sharmell

JBL and Booker T put on a brutal brawl for the crowd. JBL took out all his frustrations on Booker T, even going as crazy as to call him Chris Benoit as he assaulted him. JBL began working over Booker’s ribs, especially on the outside of the ring, repeatedly ramming him into the barricade and dishing out right hands to the ribs. Booker got in some tandem offense against the Wrestling God though, getting in some nice kicks. Booker really screwed himself over towards the end of the match though, when he missed with the Houston Hangover. Booker got in a series of chops and punches, turning the tide in his favor at the end, but as he bounced off the ropes for the Scissors Kick, JBL shook off his kick to the gut and dropped Booker T with the Clothesline From Hell for the three count. As if the three count wasn’t enough, JBL then signaled for someone from the back to come down. Orlando Jordan and Rey Mysterio ran down from the back and slid into the ring. Rey and Orlando held Booker up as JBL yelled at Booker, calling him Benoit and striking him with right hands to the face. Sharmell screamed in horror until JBL signaled to Orlando to silence her. Orlando brought Sharmell into the ring and held her still so she had to watch Booker suffer. JBL nailed Booker T with a massive Powerbomb, as Rey Mysterio brought in a steel chair. Rey gave the chair to JBL and exited the ring. After a couple shots to the ribs with the chair, JBL placed the chair on Booker’s face, which set Booker up for a Springboard Legdrop by Rey onto the chair, onto his face. JBL, Rey, and Orlando all celebrated in the ring as the camera faded out.

Winner: JBL

Match Rating: 80

Show Rating: 77

Velocity Preview:

Sylvain Grenier vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

Hardcore Holly and Paul London vs. Juvi and Psychosis

Funaki vs. Simon Dean

Edited by Inner D Monz

Taken from NoDQ.com.

Word around the rumor mill is that the creative department is incredibly disapointed in Kane injuring his bicep at the beginning of the month. The plan for him was said to be that since Eric Bischoff moved to Smackdown, Paul Heyman would have been brought over to RAW to manage Kane, sharing a bond with the Big Red Machine for giving him his mask back and leading him on a path of destruction that ended in a Heavyweight Championship Reign.

Two posters for upcoming WWE Pay Per Views have been released from the media department of the company. The first showing No Mercy, which will take place October 16, and the second Taboo Tuesday, being held the October 18.

IPB Image

IPB Image

After an arguement with WWE Creative Team, Kid Kash decided to part ways with the promotion. Aparently being the next Doink did not excite Kash, and felt he could do better else where.

Unforgiven scored a super 14.66 buy rate, holding 17,633 people and bringing in a whopping $4,150,000 from pay-per-view revenue, and $1,057,980 from ticket sales.

Spike TV has been so impressed with the recent turn around of RAW that WWE and Spike TV have signed a 9 month extension.

Rob Van Dam is eager to get back into the ring, having worked only house shows and dark matches for the last three weeks. WWE Women's Champion, Trish Stratus is also looking to get back into the ring and improve the women's division.

Aleister Dante, formally known as Johnny Jeter is proud of his new gimmick but is getting a little nervous if he can live up to his own hype. Only time can tell with this new character.

The tag division is seemingly booming now with the new teams turning up left and right. WWE Creative Team has been quoted saying "First the tag division, next the Cruiserweight Division, and somewhere inbetween or soon after, the women's division."

OVW's MVP's right now, are (surprisingly!) Mark Henry, Deuce Shade AKA Jimmy Snuka Jr, Garrison Cade, and Ken Anderson. With Aleister Dante (Aka Johnny Jeter) Just debuting, who will be next?

Edited by Inner D Monz

Velocity

Date: October 1, 2005

Scotty 2 Unsophisticated

Sylvain Grenier comes down to the ring all dressed up such as last week. He enters the ring very gracefully and politely takes a microphone from the ring crew.

Sylvain: “Listen to you Roman barbarians, begging and hollering for blood like this were the coliseum. I used to think that I hated America because you were all smug, arrogant, and just trash. It turns out, I was only a third right. You’re just trash. You’re all just like my opponent tonight. Unsophisticated, primitive, and naïve! None of you understand high priced art, or classical music such as Sylvain Grenier. I’m above all of this, and Scotty, if you wish to have a wrestling match with me tonight, I shall put on the greatest technical wrestling match this crowd has ever seen. I shall do it in a traditional, and overall… SOPHISTICATED way. Whether or not all these idiots here like it or not.”

Sylvain Grenier vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

Scotty played the lovable baby face, that really got the crowd behind him when he would bring out a mean streak in him. The biggest pop of the night was Scotty dishing out the ten punches in the corner, just because a right hand to the face is deemed “unsophisticated”. Sylvain got a lot of heat tonight, even a boring chant from trying to wrestle a strictly technical match with only rest holds. The end came when Scotty bounced off the ropes and was lifted up for a Tilt-O-Whirl Slam, only to be hit with a Running Powerslam by Sylvain for the three count. After the match, Sylvain dusted himself off and bowed for the crowd before leaving the ringside gracefully.

Winner: Sylvain Grenier

Overall Rating: 71

Crowd Rating: 68

::Fade to Commercial::

Down With Society

A video is played on the Titan-Tron of the same dark room as last week surrounded by candles with Aleister Dante in the middle.

Dante: “Hello sheep. Incase you forgot, my name is Aleister Dante. I’m not here to follow your rules; I’m not here to enforce them; I’m not here to even notice them. I’m here to do what I want, when I want, and how I want to do it. You however could never achieve that. You follow society’s standards like sheep to it’s Shepard. I’ve got news for you all. Your Shepard is leading you all right to damnation. He’s putting you in the back of his truck, and he’s driving you off to the sheering factory. He’ll shave off what he wants from you, then throw you back. If you don’t believe me, look at the fools in the World Wrestling Entertainment. They all look the same: Tattoo’s, short little spandex, big muscles. They all work hard to please you. They all work to be physically appealing to the eye. Not me. You don’t like how I dress? I don’t care. You don’t like how I wrestle? I don’t care! You don’t like that I wear a little more eyeliner then your aunt? I DON’T CARE! I’m here to make a change. How it all ends, you have to wait and see, but I’ll give away how it’s going to start. WWE No Mercy, my breeding ground. My debut scene - October sixteenth. And I will show No Mercy to society’s standards. I will show No Mercy to those who are dubbed Normal! Well I’ll change what you all consider normal. The change is coming WWE. Can you feel it? Can you feel the change coming? More importantly, when it comes… will you be ready for it? So asks, Aleister Dante.”

Overall Rating: 67

Hardcore Holly and Paul London vs. Juvi and Psychosis w/Super Crazy

Hardcore, being the biggest man in this match used a lot of power house moves to throw around his opponents like rag dolls. London showed an impressive amount of stamina and agility in this match, hitting a Dropkick on Juvi and landing on Psychosis with a Moonsault, for a two count. Juvi and Psychosis used a lot of innovative tag team maneuvers, such as a Double Sandwich Dropkick and a Sunset Flip/Spinning Heel Kick for a two count. Holly and London got a major crowd reaction when the two hit a stereo dropkick to the Mexicools then fired up the crowd. Unfortunately, tonight was not Holly and London’s night, as the ref got bumped after a Springboard Dropkick to Holly by Juvi. Holly managed to hit the Alabama Slam on Psychosis while London drove Juvi out of the ring. Holly went to cover Psychosis as another referee ran down to the ring. Psychosis kicked out due to the long rest period for the referee to get down to the ring, and just after, he was distracted by Juvi and London battling on the outside. Super Crazy slid into the ring with a steel chair and leveled Hardcore Holly with it, then quickly exited. Psychosis covered Holly as the referee turned back around to count the three. The first referee pulled himself up though and argued with the other referee about what happened. A clip of Super Crazy using the chair was shown on the Titan-Tron and the decision was reversed, awarding the match to London and Holly, who were congratulated by the Mexicools stomping the holy Hell out of them.

Winners: Hardcore Holly and Paul London via DQ

Overall Rating: 86

Crowd Rating: 77

Match Rating: 95

The Health Inspection

Steven Richards and Simon Dean come down to the ring together, wearing the same matching jumpsuit. The two get into the ring and take a microphone from Tony Chimmel.

Richards: “Tony Chimmel, get the hell out of this ring. You’re a disgrace to this profession, you know that? This is a business made famous by men with god-like figures. Tony Chimmel, that sounds like an Italian dessert. Yes, I’ll have two Chimmels and a bagel please.”

Dean: “Steven, you are absolutely right. However, Tony Chimmel is no different than any fat, lazy, loser here in the audience, or watching from home! Their all a blemish on the backside that is this country! Speaking of this country, how about my opponent tonight Steven? Sho Funaki, is only slightly better than Tony Chimmel, but I think he still needs to be deported back to Japan for flashing the crowd every week with his man-boobs. Flab-naki, Steven and I, are here to give you your Health Inspection Report. We give you…”

Dean and Richards: “An F+!”

Simon Dean vs Funaki - Special Color Commentator: Steven Richards

A technical clinic that definitely would go on the top 10 Velocity Greatest Matches Of The Year DVD, if it existed. Lots of submissions by both men and a good deal of athleticism and high flying action that told a great story. Steven’s commentary made the match listenable to as well. Funaki went for the Tornado DDT mid-match but while spininng, Funaki was thrown off onto his face by Simon Dean. Simon was brutal on Funaki, locking him in various Surfboards and Abdominal Stretches which got the crowd fired up as he fought it off. The end came when Funaki went for the Tornado DDT for the second time, but Steven put down his headset and jumped up on the apron, holding onto Funaki’s foot so he couldn’t jump. Funaki kicked Steven off the apron, then dove off towards Dean who hit him with a right hand to the gut that doubled him over. Simon then finished off Funaki with the Simonizer for the three count.

Winner: Simon Dean

Overall Rating: 83

Show Rating: 69

Heat Preview:

Rob Conway vs. Shelton Benjamin

Rene Dupree vs. Viscera

Tyson Tomko vs. Chris Masters

Also on the card: Antonio, Romeo, Val Venis, and more!

Heat:

Date: October 2, 2005

True Art

The Masterpieces, Chris Masters and Tyson Tomko come down to the ring and take a microphone from Lillian Garcia.

Masters: “Once again, The Masterpieces are here to save you all from boredom. But more importantly, we’re here to give you all the pleasure to view us. I’m making an open challenge tonight, a Master-Lock! Me vs. whoever, one on one!”

Tyson Tomko’s music hits as the big man comes down to the ring. He climbs in over the top rope and swipes the microphone out of Masters’ hand.

Tomko: “Chris, we seem to have a two real big problems here. One, Snitsky looks like something a cat hacked up, and two, you keep running your mouth and boring everyone to death! So Chris, the Problem Solver, Tyson Tomko is here to fix one of those problems. Sorry Snitsky, I’m not a plastic surgeon. You call yourself the Masterpiece Chris, but look at me! I’m covered head-to-toe in tattoo’s, representing Ancient Egyptian and Blackfoot Indian heritage. These took 120 hours to draw, and you think you’re the Masterpiece because you have 15 seconds of fame? Chris, tonight I’m going to make this so simple that even Snitsky here can understand. You and me aren’t going to have a Master-Lock challenge tonight. We’re going to have a fight. And you’re not going to like my strategy Chris. Basically, I’m going to break you into very small, tiny little pieces… sweep you up into a small, little pile… and spit on it!”

Overall Rating: 59

Tyson Tomko vs. Chris Masters w/Snitsky

Tomko played a great badass face in this one, over-powering Chris Masters to his surprise and dismay. Tomko had the tables turned on him mid-match though when after a Side Slam, Snitsky jumped up on the apron and Tomko swung at him, missing but serving it’s purpose: for Masters to jump him from behind. Masters hit a Military Press on Tomko and flexed around after it, proud of his feat. Tomko later on lifted Masters up for a Press Slam but then to top Master’s feat, threw Masters over the top rope onto Snitsky. With Tomko in total control at the end, Snitsky slid into the ring to try and attack him, only to receive the Chainsaw Kick to rattle his brain. Tomko then dropped Masters with the Problem Solved for the three count. Tomko celebrated his win but Masters and Snistsky shook off the finishers and jumped Tomko from behind. They dragged him over to the corner where they put one leg each across the steel ring post and jerked him into it, crotching him. Before the two left, they whipped Tomko off the ropes. Tomko ducked a Clothesline from Snitsky, but then ran right into the Polish Hammer by Chris Masters.

Winner: Tyson Tomko

Overall Rating: 73

Crowd Rating: 65

Hello Ladies

Val Venis is in the ring with a microphone in his hand, looking around at the crowd.

Venis: “Hello, Ladies! You know something ladies, The Big Valbowski has a pet peeve, and that pet peeve is The Heart Throbs, Antonio and Romeo. These two think that they’ve as loved by the ladies, as say… Val Venis. They try and swoon you ladies with their outlandish dance moves, that couldn’t make a desert wet. You know what those dance moves day to The Big Valbowski? Viiiiirrriiiin, Viiiiirrriiiin, Viiiiirrriiiin."

Out come The Heart Throbs, dashing down the aisle and sliding into the ring. Antonio tackles Venis down and starts pounding away at him with right hands while Romeo kicked him in the ribs. The two pick Venis up and throw him into the corner where Romeo whips Antonio into Venis, colliding with a Clothesline. They drag him into the middle of the ring and set him up for the Party Down, when the music of Johnny Parisi. Parisi runs down and slides into the ring, clearing house with right hands all around to the Heart Throbs. Parisi knocked Romeo over the top rope with a Clothesline while Val Venis threw Antonio over the top rope by the hair. Venis and Parisi celebrated in the ring together while The Heart Throbs regrouped and made their way up the aisle.

Overall Rating: 67

Vice Patrol

On the Titan-Tron, OVW’s Deuce Shade AKA Jimmy Snuka Jr. is sitting in an office in a white business suit, with sunglasses on and no socks. Deuce/Jimmy’s feet are up on a desk lighting a cigar when he notices the camera’s on him.

Deuce/Jimmy: “Oh, hello there boys and girls. My name’s Mr. Giddings. Donald Giddings to be exact. And business is extraordinary, as always. Money makes the world go round, but I don’t need to tell any of you this. You sit in the seats that you paid for. Whether their seats at the arena, or just seats at home. You paid for them. You had to have money to pay for them. And that’s where I come in. People say that Money is the root of all evil. Of course, those who say that… have none. My name’s Donald Giddings and I mean business. And for those who don’t like the way I conduct business… I’ll have to introduce you to my insurance.”

Mark Henry steps onto screen very close to the camera and snarls.

Giddings: “You gotta love business. You gotta love Donald Giddings. Or Else.”

Overall Rating: 48

Rene Dupree vs. Viscera

Viscera played the comical big man, using his size advantage to humiliate Dupree and sodimize him, while Dupree grew angrier and angrier. Dupree seemed to focus specifically on the cranium of Viscera, hitting a lot of DDT’s, and Knee’s to the head. Dupree hit the French Tickler in the middle of the match which got a big reaction from the crowd, but not as big as when Viscera hit the Big Splash on Dupree that would have gotten three if Dupree hadn’t put his foot on the rope. Viscera grabbed Dupree by the throat with both hands to try and end the match with the Embalmer, but Dupree gave Big Vis a rake to the eyes. Dupree locked Viscera in the Bonne Nuit (Cobra Clutch) but had to jump on his back to get a good leverage on it. Viscera walked around the ring a little while in the submission, trying to get out of it but soon found himself on his hands and knees as things went black. Dupree was awarded the victory via Submission.

Winner: Rene Dupree

Match Rating: 66

French Phenom Speaks

Before Rene Dupree leaves he grabs a microphone from the ring crew.

Dupree: “Danny Basham, you fat, lazy, American pig! The next time we meet, I swear I shall leave you lying in your own blood, just like when we first met! The French Phenom swears on it! Danny Basham, just like any American Idiot, to quote Green Day, doesn’t stand a chance against Rene Dupree! because I’m Simply… Phenomal! Think about that Basham! I’ll see you around pig!

Overall Rating: 80

Rob Conway vs. Shelton Benjamin

A very solid technical match with the crowd being fixated on Shelton Benjamin. There were counters at every turn in this match, with the two competitors really mastering their trade. Benjamin even found a counter to Conway’s highly potent Ego Trip (Super Swinging Neckbreaker). With Benjamin’s feet placed on the top rope and being held for a Suplex by Conway, Benjamin fired off right hands to the exposed ribs of Conway, then pushed off the ropes turning the move into a Tornado DDT. Benjamin got the crowd to stand on their feet as he went for a dive over the top rope and the Con Man evaded the attack, having Benjamin crash into the concrete. Conway climbed back into the ring leaving Benjamin crawling around on the ground outside. Before Benjamin could pull himself up by the ring apron, hands came out from underneath the ring and dragged him under. Benjamin’s legs could be seen sticking out from underneath the ring flinching and flailing until the eight count when they just stopped. After the match was awarded to Conway via countout, Kerwin White rolled out from underneath the ring and began trash talking Benjamin. After Kerwin and Conway left, a medical team ran down and dragged Benjamin out from underneath the ring to find him bloodied and unconscious.

Winner: Rob Conway via Countout

Crowd Rating: 75

Show Rating: 66

RAW Preview:

RVD vs. Triple H - Number One Contendership, ECW Rules Match

Tajiri vs. Carlito - IC Title

CM Punk vs. Big Show

Kerwin White and Chris Jericho vs. Eugene and Shelton Benjamin

Also on the card: Matt Hardy, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle and a surprise by new RAW GM Stephanie McMahon!

Gotta admit, I am liking this diary. Especially the Raw side of things. I cant wait to see the continuation of the Matt Hardy/Edge feud. I have a couple of ideas into a good swerve (and I dont mean bringing Jeff back, thats been done way too much... myself a culprit in my diary) and the title picture seems to be rather impressive with the contenders that could be. Good pushes, good storylines. One of the best written diaries... I will read on with great expectations...

Edited by nickhastie2004