Kanye West's Late Registration

JerryLynn420

Touche Jar.

Kanye is definitely promoting his album in odd ways. I saw him on MuchOnDemand the other day saying his new album is history in the making and justified it taking a while because the bible took a long time too. Add this news bit to songs like Diamonds and it seems Kanye is definitely trying to change America.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touche Jar.

Kanye is definitely promoting his album in odd ways. I saw him on MuchOnDemand the other day saying his new album is history in the making and justified it taking a while because the bible took a long time too. Add this news bit to songs like Diamonds and it seems Kanye is definitely trying to change America.

Touche Jar.

Kanye pretty much represents all the faith I have in American mainstream hip hop fans. Of all the crap they buy, he's one of the rare talents that manages to sell extremely well.

Touche Jar.

Kanye pretty much represents all the faith I have in American mainstream hip hop fans. Of all the crap they buy, he's one of the rare talents that manages to sell extremely well.

I like Kanye, but I am in the same boat with Jimmy. He is taking on way to many expectations and tasks. It is great he feels confident in his new record, but using it in the same breath as the bible? Saying it is history in the making? Of course, it is pure hype, but the man better have the tracks to back it up.

And the other thing is being anti-homophobic, being anti-racist, being very much for gender equality... to promote a rap record. Not to stereotype the listeners of hip-hop, but those are BOLD steps he is taking in the business he is in and can backfire on him. Does he think he can change the culture... nay... does he think he change America?

I know Kanye has a huge ego, but he needs to step back and ask if now is the time, especially promoting an album to a newly established fan-base.

Just a couple points:

I like Kanye, but I am in the same boat with Jimmy. He is taking on way to many expectations and tasks. It is great he feels confident in his new record, but using it in the same breath as the bible? Saying it is history in the making? Of course, it is pure hype, but the man better have the tracks to back it up.

Personally, I'm dissappointed because the asshole decided to take off Bittersweet...the snippet that went around which was like 50 seconds showed awesome promise, then he decides to take off his most anticipated song by hip-hop followers...I guess I gotta wait till he either a) dies suddenly or it gets leaked out onto the net whenever that happens.

eh, atleast he has Paul Wall on his album...I love that dude...

I'm on with most people it's alright but definitely not what I was expecting. I wasn't expecting Kanye to take "Shorty Wanna Be A Thug"'s beat from Tupac and use that. Kanye's a great producer. Fortunantly I do like that Drive Slow song. Paul Wall's flow is nice in the song. Disappointed there isn't a song with Kweli or Mos Def on there. Consequence only made one song which is a goody. Not a big fan of the Nas track either I expect a little bit better. I guess since I was such a big fan of College Dropout is why i'm disappointed that this isnt on the same par IMO. It will sell. Hopefully outsells Tony Yayo though.

It's been a great year for G.O.O.D. Music. First John Legend's Get Lifted (one of the best albums all year), then Common's Be (my favorite hip hop album until...), and finally Kanye's Late Registration.

I'm a big fan of Hey Mama, My Way Home, Touch The Sky and the singles.

When I first listened to this, I thought it was good. After 2 days of listening - it's fucking amazing. Bring Me Down is a highlight from this album:

And get some leeway from that he say, she say

Your girl don't like me? How long has she been gay?

Spanish girls saying "No ablo Englais"

And everybody wanna run to me for their sing-lay

It's funny how these whack niggas need my help

Wasn't around when I couldn't feed myself

Dog if I was you, I wouldn't feel myself

God if I was you - I'd kill myself

Lyrically and production wise, with the lush strings and piano etc, this is a huge step up from College Dropout. I'm amazed.

This album is fantastic in my eyes, but I expected it. Kanye is the best mainstream rapper currently(the only other rapper I'd put over him would be Mos Def). Hopefully this changes the rap scene. I can't stand the "crunk" dirty south music that has seemed to be the big thing in rap these days, and hopefully with rappers like Kanye, Mos Def, Common, The Game, and Talib Kweli, the rap scene will change.

Oh and I have a question. What do people think of John Legend? I've heard his song "Ordinary People" and I recognize that he has talent, but it just doesn't seem like my kind of music. So I was wondering if anyone liked him, and would recommend him.

Edited by reyrey619

It's good, better than his last cd for sure. I absolutely hate Kanye, but his production is incredible. His flow is terrible and he is so full of himself it's not even funny, but I can't deny his producing talents. The production on this cd has a better vibe than the last cd. (my judging of this cd is from the production side cause I absolutely hate him as a rapper)