Maiden, Ozzfest Debacle

Liam

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many people do think that Matt Good is self-centered and cares a lot about his own music, but from the shit that he has to put up with sometimes, I don't see it as all that bad. I don't even see that side of him, so meh, whatever. His music speaks to me way more than anything else.

If what you were saying is true.. I personally never knew exactly what Matt said, but reading something now, he called them a Creed rip-off. Which I think might be justified at one times, but anyways, I do not approve at all about how Kroeger handled it:

""Well, I'm from Alberta, and he's a city kid, right? I don't know how city kids deal with things, but when you talk s-t about somebody from a small town, they find you in a back alley and they deal with the situation. They beat the living piss out of you and then laugh at you the next day when you're seen around town all marked up."

And then all the other bullshit about going to find him in a dark alley and "beating the piss out of him". I havn't read the actual quotes from Good, only from Kroeger's mouth, so if anyone can post what Matt said directly, I would be thankful.

Well Good's comments towards Nickelback were pretty much limited to the "Creed rip off" nonsense (well not nonsense, but a little childish). Kroeger believes (I think rightly) that the motivation for his ire is that "Beautiful Midnight" flopped in the United States, and so he took his bitterness out on bands like OLP, The Tragically Hip and Nickelback who managed to have success down south.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

Link

Check out some MP3's from the night in question. Two of Bruce's rants, Bruce wanting one of the guys ejected and Sharon's rant.

Sharon comes across as one bitter fuck, she should stick to her new ASDA dayjob.

Sharon Osbourne is fake and she needs to go to hell. She speaks like a retard, judges a fucking pop competition and does ASDA adverts giving anecdotes about cheap prices. Hey Sharon, I bet the last thing you bought that you considering cheap was your botex injections. Ozzy Osbourne is a has-been with a band who I thought had broken up years ago. The only way he's been able to get back into the limelight is through that fucking reality TV show which involved Kelly and Jack Osbourne acting like their parents - immature little fucks.

You know what, Bruce may have said some bad things (which we don't know are true), but that is no excuse to fuck about with Iron Maiden's set as not only were 40000 were there watching them, they were disrespecting a clearly better metal band with better integrity. Do you with Ozzy would have stayed onstage if this was Maidenfest and Bruce started throwing eggs and fucking with the sound system? I don't think so.

The Osbournes are already going to hell anyway, so I can't really wish them something that's gonna happen.

Sharon Osbourne is one of the stupidest women I have even seen. She was at her most annoying on X-Factor, I've never seen someone suck up to a crowd more in my entire life. And I watch wrestling.

The Osbournes TV show was shit too. Ozzy's not Ozzy anymore, he's just an old jerky man. Bruce was a dick for his comments, but it's rock and stikcing it to people you don't like is what it's all about. What Sharon did was just retarded.

Nickelback getting stoned off stage was funny, because of the crowd. They stopped throwing stuff to let him talk. Then after he asked them if they wanted to rock, they threw something (a bottle?) off of his head. Then the whole band gave a big 'fuck you' to the crowd, that was ownage. Stupid Portuguese.

Saw a bit of Maiden at Leeds on Friday and I think he made a comment about it then. To be fair they sounded ace though and I'm not a fan at all, I'd only gone because I'd battered my legs at Futureheads and couldn't be arsed braving the tent for Bloc Party.

Arctic Monkeys rule you!

Mixed feelings... while I feel that Sharon is a complete, unprofessional dickhead, I still think that insulting the heavy metal Legend that is Ozzy Osbourne, is just wrong. Iron Maiden is, and has been for years, my favourite band of all. I saw them live a bit more than a month ago and was moshing three meters from the stage. It's one of the best experiences I've had so far in my life. But I have nothing but great respect for Ozzy Osbourne and I still think that he is the man who made heavy metal. And Black Sabbath is Black Sabbath.

I think it's ridicilous that Maiden blames Ozzy for making money with a reality TV show. OK, the show sucks, but for making money part. Please! Maiden releases a live album AND a compilation after every album that they make. And Maiden blaming Sabbath for playing the same songs every night? Uhm... Maiden does that, too. OK, now they had the Early Days tour and played songs from the first four albums, but usually it's five songs from the new album and then it's all The Number of the Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, The Trooper, Sanctuary, Fear of the Dark and Run to the Hills. Every time.

But oh well, I blame Bruce (eventhough he IS the greatest heavy metal vocalist in the world, ever), not Maiden. And I blame Sharon, not Ozzy. Iron Maiden is, and will always be, the greatest ever metal band in this world, but Ozzy is God.

Almost brings a tear to your eye. Maiden are what badass British rock is all about.

I thought the same.

Because Sharon Osbourne and her crew are unprofessional dickheads. Bruce Dickinson made some comments, and Sharon felt "disrespected, yo". So she decided to disrespect one of the greatest bands of all-time.

And she was the one who ended up with egg on her face (pun intended). I wish everyone would've left after Maiden. And I'm not even a huge Maiden fan.

Meh, because I'm not too into Maiden, all of this brought out a bit of a chuckle considering it's like a Soap Opera or something. Seriously though, leave after Maiden? Maiden isn't that great to miss Sabbath who, if Ozzy plays the show, does great on-stage.

Uhm.

Ozzy doesn't do great on stage.

God bless Iron fucking Maiden.

As much as I respect Ozzy (hey, he's a birmingham born boy) the other Osbournes & their crew (and of course the other bands) seriously need to check themselves. They got mega shown up.

Guest Booker T & The MG's

This has pissed me off most about Sharon Osbourne inparticular the bolded part.

SHARON OSBOURNE HITS BACK AT IRON MAIDEN

SHARON OSBOURNE has hit back in the row with IRON MAIDEN, admitting she was responsible for cutting the band’s sound during the band’s final performance on the OZZFEST tour of North America.

As reported earlier last week, the band’s set in San Bernardino (August 20) saw eggs thrown, sound cut from their set, and a stage invader run onstage with an American flag.

A statement followed on the Ozzfest website, which accused singer Bruce Dickinson of “berating Ozzy and belittling the Ozzfest audience” and being “the only person who hasn’t had the Ozzfest spirit”.

A lengthy statement issued by the band’s manager Rod Smallwood followed, where he claims what happened was a “premeditated and co-ordinated attack” on the band.

Now, in a new open letter, Osbourne hits back at Smallwood, saying Dickinson “got what he deserved” after Sharon had to “listen to his bullshit for five straight weeks”.

She claims: “I did cut Iron Maiden's sound. This is the way I look at it: Ozzfest is our tour. We built it into something that's lasted 10 years now. We've been responsible for breaking many new bands and resurrecting the careers of former superstars. Part of our success stems from the fact that when a band is on Ozzfest we treat them with nothing but kindness and respect just as if we had invited them into our home. You can ask all of the bands who have been on the tour. They all describe it as the ‘ultimate summer camp’. It's like one big family.

”Unfortunately Dickinson doesn't have the manners to realise that when you are invited into someone's home, are seated at their dinner table, are eating their food and drinking their wine, you shouldn't talk disrespectfully about them otherwise you just might get your ass handed to you. Every action has a reaction. Was Dickinson so naïve to think that I was going to let him get away with talking shit about my family night after night? I don't think he realises who he's dealing with. I will not endure behaviour like this from anyone.”

Iron Maiden have since returned to the UK for headline appearances on the Carling Weekend: Reading And Leeds Festivals, while Velvet Revolver have replaced the band on Ozzfest.