Need another Manga book to buy

stokeriño

Treating myself for when I've finished my final exam in a couple of days, I'm ordering a few manga books from Amazon.co.uk, and need a fifth one to qualify for the Supersaver deal (if I only had four, the extra P&P would cost as much as a fifth book anyway).

The four I've currently got are:

Azumanga Daioh Vol. 1

Azumanga Daioh Vol. 3 (I already have #2 and 4)

Love Hina Vol. 2 (got #1)

Love Hina Vol. 3

I was going to get one of the new, cheaper Evangelion mangas, but it wants 7 days for delivery rather than 24hrs like everything else. Can't be doing with that. <_<

I could just get Love Hina Vol. 4, but that'd be kind of dull, so if anyone's got suggestions of any particularly good manga series for me to buy the first book of, please recommend them to me.

Edited by stokeriño

Try going for the Trigun and/or Cowboy Bebop mangas. If you liked the anime you should like the manga as well, as they tend to have more time to go in depth with storylines and characters.

Or you could always go with Chobits...which isn't all too bad. Though Chii scares me sometimes, I'm just waiting for her to have a system malfunction and start blowing shit up shifty.gif

What Manga is on TV (UK) and when? A few of my friends have mentioned shows in passing, but I don't know when they are on or the channel, and I might as well give Manga a show and watch some.

What Manga is on TV (UK) and when? A few of my friends have mentioned shows in passing, but I don't know when they are on or the channel, and I might as well give Manga a show and watch some.

The majority of manga (or rather anime, to be pedantic) on UK TV sucks, especially on terrestrial. Sometimes there are some better shows on some of the satellite/digital channels, but they're few and far between, and nowhere near the best ones anyway. Unfortunately I don't know specifically when any of these are on, because I never watch them.

Out of curiosity, do you remember the names of some of these shows your friends mentioned? (If they say Yu-Gi-Oh, slap them)

The majority of manga (or rather anime, to be pedantic) on UK TV sucks, especially on terrestrial. Sometimes there are some better shows on some of the satellite/digital channels, but they're few and far between, and nowhere near the best ones anyway. Unfortunately I don't know specifically when any of these are on, because I never watch them.

Out of curiosity, do you remember the names of some of these shows your friends mentioned? (If they say Yu-Gi-Oh, slap them)

That was one of them (prepare's slapping glove). I never thought that was so bad............ Anyway, one was something like Gundan Wing (not exactly sure of the name, or if thats even Manga) and I can't remember for the life of me the name of another one - it was a crime thing, I watched about 5 minutes about a year ago with some guy getting whacked in an alley. That has to be the worst description ever...............

If you could reccomend any good on-line comics too that would be great! :D

That was one of them (prepare's slapping glove). I never thought that was so bad............ Anyway, one was something like Gundan Wing (not exactly sure of the name, or if thats even Manga) and I can't remember for the life of me the name of another one - it was a crime thing, I watched about 5 minutes about a year ago with some guy getting whacked in an alley. That has to be the worst description ever...............

If you could reccomend any good on-line comics too that would be great!  :D

In case you're wondering, Yu-Gi-Oh is yet another of those 'lets base a TV show around merchandise' show, with the purpose of selling the playing cards etc. Still, at least it's not as bad as Beyblade.

Yes Gundam Wing is a manga. If you like mecha (aka big feck-off robots) you'll love it. Not my sort of thing personally, but hey.

Not sure about the crime thing at all. Closest thing I can think of off the top of my head is 'Noir', if only for the alley reference. But then I'm not sure Noir has ever been on in the UK.

If you could reccomend any good on-line comics too that would be great!  :D

http://www.megatokyo.com

Go there. Go there now. Go back to page #1 and start reading. Don't stop until you've finished. I don't care how many hours it takes.