WWE: Rewriting 2005

King.

Guest SquadBoy

I liked that smackdown ever more than I like the RAW show. The Ken Kennedy/Kurt Angle bits are really good, I think you've found a good way to push Ken. Do I smell a Funaki push in the making? Anyway looking foward to the next show.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

April 9th 2005 - WWE Velocity

Charlie Haas d. Paul London

John Heidenreich d. Scotty 2 Hotty

Al Snow d. Rico

Rob Van Dam d. Carlito Caribbean Cool

April 10th 2005 - WWE Sunday Night Heat

Val Venis d. Rodney Mack

Rhyno d. A-Train

William Regal d. Gene Snitsky

Rob Conway/Sylvain Grenier d. Steven Richards/Test

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

• 2 weeks later...

April 11th – WWE Monday Night Raw

Victoria© vs. Molly Holly – Non-title, Singles Match

The two women fought in a rematch from last week, only this time Victoria’s Women’s Championship was not on the line. Victoria jumped the gun before the bell ring, still angry about the attack from Molly last week on Raw. The entire match Molly disregarded the referee’s orders. The ending of the match came about after Molly began choking Victoria, and refused to let up on the hold. The referee soon called for the bell, and continued to try and get Molly off of Victoria. Officials and other referees arrived on the scene. Molly was eventually broken off of Victoria, who gasped for air the minute the hold was released.

Winner: Victoria

The Coach Calls The Shots

We cut backstage where The Administration, minus Chris Benoit are shown walking through the hallways. They are in a chatter about various things, including Benoit’s future victory of Jericho, and Hulk Hogan. The Administration come to a door marked “Eric Bischoff” and abruptly walk in.

The camera follows the group in. Sitting behind the desk of the Raw General Manager is none other then Jonathan Coachman. The Coach spreads his arms and smiles.

The Coach: “Gentlemen!”

The group begins to set themselves around the room. All are comfortable in the surroundings, but all look a bit surprised to see Coach.

The Coach: “Now don’t worry, Mr. Bischoff IS here tonight. But the General Manager has a lot on his mind. Therefore he has stepped out for a little while and has left ME in charge!”

The Coach laughs, looking to be backed by the Administration. The group is less than thrilled with that announcement.

The Coach: “Oh, c’mon guys. I can be just as grueling as Eric. I mean, c’mon, I’m The Coach!”

There’s a knock on the door.

The Coach: “Come in!”

The Coach adjusts himself behind the desk to appear more professional. The door opens and The Hurricane with Rosey walks in. The crowd cheers. The two men approach the desk.

The Coach: “Hello gentlemen. No your eyes do not deceive you the Coach is in charge for tonight, or at least for now. So, how can I be of assistance?”

The Hurricane: “Well you see Coach, Rosey and I were hoping that we could speak to Mr. Bischoff about the lack of tag team action, and title shot oppurtonities that have come our way. And now, we learn that at Judgment Day Edge and Christian will be defending their belts against Shawn Michaels, The Heartbreak Kid, and The Immortal Hulk Hogan? WATSUPWITDAT?!”

The Coach: “Well I really-“

Christian: “Woah! Woah! Woah!”

Christian stands and walks right up to Hurricane. Tomko takes his cue and backs his friend.

Christian: “Are you kidding me? You think you’re going to just come in here and demand a tag team title shot? You want to know what’s up with that? I’ll tell you. That’s bull! You’ve done nothing to deserve to even be in the same room as tag team champions, let alone challenge for the belts! So why don’t you, and Grimace make like a leaf and get out of here!”

The Coach smiles devilishly in the background.

The Hurricane: “Citizen Christian. You preach about not deserving opportunities. So now, I say to you this… Knock, knock!”

Christian: “What?.. Who’s there?”

The Hurricane: “Orange.”

Christian: “Orange who?”

The Hurricane: “Orange you glad I didn’t say banana!”

The Hurricane strikes a pose. Suddenly Christian reaches up and slaps Hurricane across the face, shattering the mood in the room. Rosey goes to attack.

The Coach: “Rosey! Don’t even think about it!”

Rosey stops himself, and instead tends to his friend.

Christian: “Coach, you’re in charge? Good. I’m feeling bored. Give me superhero over here!”

The Coach laughs.

The Coach: “You’ve got it!”

The Hurricane straightens himself up and gets face to face with Christian. Christian smirks back at his opponent for the evening. Rosey pats Hurricane on the back, and the pair walk away.

Muhammad Hassan vs. Matt Hardy – Singles Match

In a rematch from last week, Muhammad once again used a referee distraction to his advantage. This time Muhammad grabbed a hold of the referee following a swinging DDT from Matt Hardy. As Muhammad pulled himself up using the referee for leverage, Daivari entered the ring from the outside and struck Matt over the back of his neck with a metal cane. Hardy quickly fell to his knees, allowing Muhammad to easily be able to apply the Camel Clutch, and attain the submission victory.

Winner: Muhammad Hassan

”Eric Who?” Ouch!

We cut to the back where Eric Bischoff is shown sitting on the leather couch in his office. He holds a cell phone to his ear.

Eric Bischoff: “Scott Hi, it’s Eric. Listen I’m just calling you to ask you if Shane McMahon has approached you in anyway about returning at Spring Stampede. Because I want you to know Scott no one can cater more to Big Poppa Pump than I can. Where were you the last time you were in the WWE? On Raw! So if you are at all thinking about signing with Smackdown, well then I-“

Eric seems surprised as he continues to listen to his cell phone.

Eric Bischoff: “It’s Eric… What do you mean Eric who? Eric Bischoff! Scott I know you and I haven’t exactly seen- Hello? Hello? Scott?!”

Eric’s face contorts with a bit of anger, and he shuts the phone off.

Eric Bischoff: “Big Bad Booty Daddy… What was I thinking?”

Christian vs. The Hurricane

Christian was accompanied by Tyson Tomko and Hurricane by Rosey. The two fought in a nearly perfectly matched technically sound match. The ending of the match came after Tyson Tomko had tried to interfere to aid Christian. Rosey intervened and a brawl broke out at ringside between the two big men. This soon led to the referee drawing his attention to the outside, going as far as sending Tyson Tomko to the back. Much to the delight of the fans. However, as the distraction continued, Christian used this time to promptly nail Hurricane between the legs with a stiff kick, and nail the Unprettier. After the bell had sounded Tomko immediately returned to the ring. Christian began beating on The Hurricane, talking trash and ripping at his mask. Rosey tried to help him, but Tomko kept the big man at bay. From the back Shawn Michaels came storming out, chasing Christian and Tomko out of the ring.

Winner: Christian

Linda McMahon Scolds Dinsmore

In the back Linda McMahon is briefly shown shaking hands with Paul Heyman. The former ECW owner received a pretty big pop, before he disappears off screen. Linda begins walking the hallways.

Linda McMahon: “Has anyone seen Eric?”

Linda comes to Eric Bischoff’s office, knocks, and enters. The camera follows her inside. Standing in the center of the room is none other than Nick Dinsmore, formerly Eugene. However, Dinsmore seems to be back to his old antics of the energetic “good-guy” Eugene.

Nick Dinsmore: (Eugene esque) “Hi Linda! Hi! Are you looking for my uncle Eric? Well uh, he’s not, he’s not here right now!”

Dinsmore smiles, and Linda cautiously approaches him.

Linda McMahon: “Eugene.. I’m actually glad to have found you. You know what you did to William Regal a few weeks back wasn’t a very nice thing. You could’ve of really hurt him, and you’re lucky you didn’t!”

Nick Dinsmore: (Eugene esque) “I know, I know. I know I could’ve hurt him. But you know what Linda?”

Linda McMahon: “What Eugene?”

Nick Dinsmore: (Shattering nice guy image. Now cold hearted) “I’m sorry I didn’t! Quit talking to me like I’m some type of little kid! I’m not, nor ever was mentally handicapped! It was an act you idiot! Now I’m sorry if I can no longer play the fun loving, fan favorite, nice guy “Eugene” anymore! But the fact of the matter is, I’m sick and tired of limiting myself. You think I could’ve hurt Regal a few weeks back? Linda… you ain’t seen nothing! YET!”

Dinsmore smirks and laughs coldly. He turns and walks out of Bischoff’s office. Linda looks intimidated, and watches as he goes.

Matt Hardy Demands Muhammad Pays

We cut to another part of the arena, where once again Eric Bischoff is shown on his cell phone.

Eric Bischoff: “No, you listen to me Ken Kennedy, Shane McMahon is up to no good! He’s doing something illegal, and I won’t rest until he pays for it. Now I don’t care how long it takes, or how much money they have to pay you. You’re going to get to the bottom of things over there, and help me solve this problem! Call me when you’ve got actually news!”

Bischoff shuts his phone and begins walking away.

Matt Hardy: “Bischoff!”

Matt Hardy comes storming up. Bischoff motions for him to calm down.

Eric Bischoff: “What’s the matter Matt?”

Matt Hardy: “What’s the matter? What’s the matter?! I’ll tell you what's the matter! Two weeks in a row Muhammad Hassan has cheated to gain a victory over Matt Hardy. And I’m sick of it! I want you to make him pay Bischoff! I want him next week! No interference! I want you to make it so that Daivari is banned from ringside, and any superstar who does interfere will be dealt with some how! Now book the match Bischoff! Book the match or so help me God I’ll-“

Eric Bischoff: ‘You’ll what? You’ll what?! Let me remind you of something Matt Hardy. You don’t call the shots around here… I do! This is Raw! This is MY show! So you aren’t about to be demanding ANYTHING out of me! It just so happens I saw your match tonight and I was planning on giving you a rematch next week. But now, after the lack of respect you’ve shown me.. I’m not so sure if I want to be so giving!”

Matt looks away.

Eric Bischoff: “No.. on second thought.. You’ve got your match. It’s going to be Matt Hardy vs. Muhammad Hassan! Only… with one slight stipulation… It will be a two fall no DQ match. The man who pins his opponent first will win his manager the right to come down to ringside. The second fall will decide the victor. So in Muhammad Hassan’s corner will be Sean Daivari. And in yours…. Kane! You two have a sweet history? Don’t you?”

Eric Bischoff laughs and walks away. Matt Hardy flares his nostrils in anger, and storms off.

William Regal vs. Nick Dinsmore, Singles Match

William Regal started things off in control much to the fans delight. Dinsmore received a ton of heel heat. The announcers played it up that Regal knew all of Dinsmores tactics, and was ready to fight back. However, Dinsmore managed to quickly kick Regal below the belt as he went for a belly to back suplex. The illegal move allowed for Dinsmore to quickly hit a visiciouse German Suplex in to a bridge to pick up the pinfall victory. After the match Dinsmore grabbed a chair from ringside, and continued to stomp on Regal. Tyson Tomko came down to ringside to aid in the assault, beating on Regal and holding him in place for Dinsmore to continue the assault. Suddenly Brock Lesnar’s theme music hit and the Intercontinental Champion came running down to the ring. Lesnar slid in to the ring and immediately went toe to toe with the two Administration members, taking both out. Tomko and Dinsmore quickly exited the ring, with Tomko very angry about Lesnar getting involved. Lesnar soon got on the microphone and challenged Tyson Tomko to a match right then and there. To sweeten the deal Lesnar put his Intercontinental title up for grabs. Tomko couldn’t resist, and accepted.

Winner: Nick Dinsmore

Brock Lesnar© vs. Tyson Tomko, Singles – WWE Intercontinental Championship

The entire match last about four minutes. It was mostly spent with Dinsmore trying to figure out a way to cost Lesnar the victory. The ending of the match saw both Dinsmore and Tomko taken out by Lesnar, with Tomko hoisted up for the F5. Earlier Regal had come back in to the ring to take out Dinsmore as he tried to interfere, and left him dazed on his feet. As Lesnar spun Tomko around for the F5, Tyson accidently nailed Dinsmore in the back of the head, sending him stumbling towards a waiting William Regal who quickly latched on to him, and delivered an Exploder Suplex, which sent Dinsmore to the outside of the ring! Lesnar covered Tomko. One, two, three.

Winner: Brock Lesnar©

Batista vs. Ric Flair/Maven – Handicap Match

We came back from commercial to find Evolution, Flair/Maven already in the ring. The match was there to show the sheer power of Batista, but to also tease a complete Evolution break up. The one stipulation of the match was that Flair/maven had to tag in and out. Flair at times, was slow in tagging himself in, causing Maven to take most of the beating. It was because of this that Batista managed to deliver the Batista Bomb to Maven, quickly take an attacking Ric Flair out with a spinebuster, and cover Maven for the win.

Winner: Batista

The Animal Challenges The Rock

As Maven and Ric Flair were helped from the ring, and brought towards the side of the stage, and eventually to the back, Batista grabbed a microphone.

Batista: “Rock! I’ve been hearing all day that you’re backstage, and that you’d locked yourself away in a private locker room. But now, it’s time to face the music! Get your ass down here, and show me what your made of!”

Batista lowers the microphone and the crowd cheers for The Rock. A “Rocky” chant breaks out. There’s a pause.

Batista: “Let’s go ‘Great One’! Come on-“

“IF YOU SMELL!” The Rock’s theme music hits and the crowd goes nuts. A spotlight hits the stage, and Batista readies himself in the ring. The Rock comes storming through the curtains with his sights set on Batista. The Rock enters the ring and paces right in front of Batista, climbing the turnbuckle and throwing his fist in to the ring. After The Rock is done delivering his signature pose, he grabs a microphone.

The Rock: “Woah! Woah! Let The Rock get this clearly. Batista, The Animal, you want to know why The Rock DID what he DID at Wrestlemania? You want to know why The Rock DID what he DID to Triple H, Mick Foley, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, and Maven? Well allow The Rock to tell you exactly why he did it…”

The Rock gets in Batista’s face.

The Rock: “I did it because I wanted you to be the only one standing! It was all so many months ago when The Rock got wind of exactly what you were saying about him. You see back when you first joined Evolution you had yourself a grand o’le time delivering interviews in Raw Magazine, and Byte! This. It was during a few of these interviews when you went on to name yourself the greatest future World Heavyweight Champion in the WWE today! You put yourself above Triple H, you put yourself above Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Hulk Hogan, Mick Foley, and above all others, The Rock! So I did what I did to prove something to you Batista… The Rock IS The Great One! The Rock IS The Brahma Bull! And above all else, IS the man who will be beating some respect in to you come Judgment Day!”

The crowd erupts. Batista smirks and raises his microphone.

Batista: “You want to teach me some respect? What makes you think you’re the person to teach me respect? Especially the respect dealing with professional wrestling? I mean… look at you! Where are you now? You’re not here! You’re in Hollywood Great One! You’re the Brahma Bull of the big screen! You’re the Scorpion King! Why don’t you get out of this ring retiree, and leave this business to professionals!”

The crowd begins to slowly turn on Batista, booing his comments.

The Rock: “Retiree? Retiree? Let The Rock remind you, and everyone of one important thing. The Rock never has, nor never will until he’s old and gray, retire from this sport! Professional Wrestling is in The Rock’s blood! It’s throbs with every beat of The Rock’s heart. Just how long have you even been a professional wrestler, Batista?”

Batista: “Since I-“

The Rock: “IT DOESN’T MATTER HOW LONG YOU’VE BEEN WRESTLING!”

The crowd cheers. Batista raises his eyebrows, and snarls.

The Rock: “You want to take a cheap shot at The Rock’s new found career, acting. Then you take that cheap shot, in the ring! You take it, at Judgment Day!”

The crowd cheers.

Batista: “You want a match Rock?… You got it! I’ll see you at Judgment Day!”

Batista goes to walk away. The Rock quickly grabs his arm and pulls him back.

The Rock: “Woah! Woah! You haven’t been in this industry long enough to get the last word over The Rock. So let me say this, Batista, The Animal versus The Rock! Judgment Day! Live on Pay-Per-View! In front of the millions!”

Crowd: “And millions!”

The Rock: “And millions of The Rocks fans. It’s going to be electrifying! It’s going to be hard fought. But above all is it’s going to be remembered. IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK! IS! COOKIN!”

The Rock’s theme music hits, and he throws the microphone down. The Rock begins to pose once again to the fans. Suddenly Batista comes from behind and takes The Rock out with a forearm to the back of the head. The theme music cuts, and Batista continues to beat on The Rock. Batista lifts The Rock up, and delivers a Batista Bomb to The Great One, as the fans continue to boo. Batista picks up the microphone.

Batista: “Time’s have changed Rock… Now… The one who’s left standing gets the final words. And my words are short, and simple. I’ll see you at Judgment Day… Brahma Bullsh:CENSOR:”

Batista lays the microphone across the chest of The Rock, and leaves the ring with his theme music playing. In the ring The Rock begins to stir, and slowly manages to sit up to watch Batista leave. On the stage, Batista throws his arms in to the air, and poses as the fans boo him and his actions.

Shawn Michaels vs. Edge, Street Fight

It wasn’t long before Christian made his presence known, coming to the aid of his brother during this no DQ environment match. Both men battled each other using illegal moves, and weapons. Including camera cables, the steel ring steps, and steel chairs. With the assistance from Christian, Edge managed to get back in to the control of things, beating Shawn Michaels down, and hitting a slick impaler DDT on a steel chair. However, HBK showed his toughness kicking out before the three count could be reached. The two continued battling until finally Christian and Edge both armed themselves with steel chairs. The two positioned themselves to hit the Con-Chair-Toe on HBK. Suddenly from the back Shelton Benjamin came running out with a steel chair of his own. In a perfectly timed manner Edge and Christian swung their chairs, HBK ducked, and Benjamin swung his own chair in between Edge and Christians, blocking the shot. In the brief moment of surprise Benjamin jabbed the chair in to the gut of Christian sending him down to his knees. Edge quickly battled to take out Benjamin, but HBK came back delivering a low blow to Edge, lifting him up in to a firemen’s carry and slamming him down in the ring. Christian battled with Benjamin on the outside as HBK began to tune up the band in the corner. Edge slowly stood and turned just as HBK sent fourth with the Sweet Chin Music. HBK made the cover, as Shelton held Christian on the outside keeping him from interfering. One, two, three. After the match Gene Snitsky came out dragging along with him a steel chain. Snitsky quickly attacked Benjamin with a fist to the back of the head, which allowed for Christian to finish him off. Snitsky and Christian surrounded HBK and teased an attack. Suddenly Hulk Hogan’s theme music hit, and the fans were ballistic. Hogan came storming out from the back, sliding in to the ring, and chasing off Snitsky and Christian. However, a motionless Edge began to slowly stand, and as he did he was face to face with the Immortal Hulk Hogan. Hogan quickly pointed at Edge shouting “YOU!” along with the fans. Edge swung, Hogan blocked, and nailed Edge with a right hand of his own sending him down. Hogan pulled ripped his shirt in two, called for it, and delivered the big leg drop to Edge. Christian was back at ringside to pull his brother out of the ring and help him to the back. Benjamin and HBK stood beside Hogan motioning for the fight to continue. Edge, Christian, and Snitsky walked to the back continuing to look angered and disgruntled.

Winner: Shawn Michaels

Snitsky – Denied

We cut to the back where Gene Snitsky is shown arguing with Eric Bischoff.

Eric Bischoff: “I said no Gene! You’re not Administration material! Hell you ran from Hogan!”

Gene Snitsky: “So did Edge and Christian!”

Eric Bischoff: “They were injured, what was your excuse? You want in The Administration so bad? Prove you belong. Woe me. I’ll give you a months time. If I’m not impressed in one month with your performance, you’re not only not a member of The Administration… You’re fired! You have one month! Now if you excuse me, I have to go accompany a future World Heavyweight Champion to the ring.”

Bischoff walks away, leaving Snitsky dumbfounded.

Chris Jericho© vs. Chris Benoit – Singles Match, World Heavyweight Championship

Back and fourth technical masterpiece. Bischoff was at ringside to aid in the heat against Benoit. Benoit needed no help in getting boo’ed though, as the Rapid Wolverine showed he’s perfectly capable in getting the fans against him. During the match Chris Benoit began choking Chris Jericho with his own ring entrance t-shirt. Benoit refused to let up on the choke, causing the referee to call for the bell. Bischoff quickly got on the mic, and informed the referee that this match was now no disqualification, and was to be restarted immediately. The two men continued battling back and fourth, both achieving and trading advantages. Eventually they battled over the top rope and up the rampway, and around the ring. The referee continued counting until he reached ten, and called for the bell. Signaling the double count out draw. Bischoff once again got on the microphone, informing the referee that this match was now also a no DQ, no count out contest. Reluctantly the referee restarted the match. However after the second restart, a new fire began to burn within Chris Jericho. The World Heavyweight Champion began to fight back, taking down the Rapid Wolverine at every turn. Chris Jericho eventually managed to hit a missile dropkick, followed by the Lionsault. Jericho covered Benoit. One, two, Bischoff was suddenly in the ring jumping on to the back of the referee and knocking him out. Bischoff shook the arm of Benoit trying to revive him. Not realizing that Jericho was now up, and looking for revenge. As Bischoff slowly rolled out to face the champion, Jericho charged forward to attack. Jericho mounted Bischoff and began nailing the General Manager with punches to the head as the fans erupted. Gene Snitsky came running down to the ring, sliding in, and attacking Jericho. However, the World Heavyweight Champion soon battled back, drop kicking Snitsky over the top rope. Turning his attention back to Bischoff, Jericho lifted Bischoff to his knees, and set him in to the powerbomb position. The Administration’s theme music hit, and the group quickly came flying down to the ring. However, on their tails were none other than Shawn Michaels, Shelton Benjamin, Rhyno, The Hurricane, and Rosey. The heels and faces battled on the outside before eventually splitting, and standing on opposite sides of the ring outside, supporting either Jericho or Benoit. A new referee appeared from the back as well to replace the still unconscious one. Jericho and Benoit continued to battle, until Jericho finally managed to hit a spinebuster, and follow it up once again with the Lionsault. Jericho went for the pin, and taking their cues the faces quickly intercepted any interference from the Administration and Snitsky. One, two, three! After the match the heels and faces continued to do battle, with the faces coming out on top, and standing victorious in the ring. Bischoff headed up the group of heels as they walked up the ramp, with Bischoff visually distraught at Jericho remaining champion. Benoit look irate on the rampway. Eventually turning around and decking Gene Snitsky right in the month, sending him to the ground. Benoit looked to continue to the assault but was held back by Edge and Christian. Bischoff yelled and screamed at every person in the ring as the show went off the air.

Winner: Chris Jericho©

4/12/05 - Ringsideview.com - Reporter: David Levy

Greetings from under the dark blue Yankee's baseball cap. (:shifty:)

Heightened Title Importance

-There is talk within the WWE that the secondary titles will begin to have more of an important feel to them. Gee, is that what they're there for? It's frankly about time they decided to give us a reason to care about the Intercontinental title. Brock Lesnar's current reign is the first step towards making the Intercontinental title seem move coveted. Expect more big name and lower-card workers to fight over the championship. The Women's Championship as well as both sets of Tag Team Titles will also have their title image improved. Maybe we can watch Smackdown and actually see a Cruiserweight title match.

Triple H's Vacation

-All tho for the time being he isn't on television, Triple H continues to tour with the WWE Raw crew. He has been seen sitting in on recent creative team meetings, but has reportedly remained silent. It appears Triple H has found a job backstage that interests him. Let's hope he doesn't begin giving his input.

Evolution Doesn't Stop

-While it may seem they're gearing Maven/Flair up to split, the WWE has no plans to end the Evolution name. It wouldn't shock me to see a new face join the group.

Heyman Sighting

-If you blinked, you missed him. Heyman appeared on Raw very briefly shaking hands with Linda McMahon in the backstage area. With the rumored ECW Pay-Per-View in June, it wouldn't shock me that the WWE was discretely laying the bricks which will lead to it. I can already confirm that Heyman is backstage at Smackdown.

Mr. Kennedy A Big Hit

-At recent Smackdown! house shows, Mr. Kennedy, Ken Kennedy has been squaring off against Chavo Guerrero in one on one encounters. Kennedy continues to play the fan obsessed, UPN Representive, turned WWE Smackdown star. From what I've heard Kennedy is a huge fan favorite. His heelish tendencies seem to backfire, and take on an old nWo feel to them. He's so bad, he's cool.

Spring Stampede Rumors

-Take this with a grain of salt if you weeeeeeel. Dusty Rhodes is rumored to be the, or atleast one of the returning superstars Shane McMahon mentioned on Smackdown! last week. I've also heard everyone from Sean Waltman to Sting thrown around.

Booker T's Turn

-Recently some pre-market WWE Merchandise photo's leaked over the internet. Among them was a new Booker T t-shirt proclaiming him WWE Champion. I guess Spring Stampede is Booker T's turn to shine.

IPB Image

4/14/04 - WWE Smackdown! Preview

John Cena returns to the active roster of the WWE. The United States champion has promised to open Smackdown! by issuing a challenge to any Smackdown! Superstar interested in facing The Champ at Spring Stampede. Who will step up to challenge Cena?

In Cruiserweight action Spike Dudley will challenge Ultimo Dragon for his Cruiserweight Championship. Will the runt of the Dudley Clan walk away champion?

In a rematch from last week Eddie Guerrero will do battle with olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle.

The main event will put future Spring Stampede opponents, Booker T and John Bradshaw Layfield on a team to take on WWE Champion The Undertaker and a partner of his choosing. Who will the Dead Man pick? And can Booker T/JBL work together long enough to walk out victors?

Tune in to Smackdown! to find out!

4/13/05 - WWE.com Byte! This Recap

Todd Grisham opens the show welcoming everyone to Byte! This. Todd jokes around with the off camera producer that he’s dressed mighty sexy for the studio and probably has a date with his boyfriend later on tonight.

Jumping right in to things Grisham immediately begins to hype tonight’s guests, including Smackdown! General Manager Shane McMahon, WWE Intercontinental Champion Brock Lesnar, and UPN Representative Ken Kennedy.

Grisham also mentions that this will indeed be the final edition of Byte! This as next week will feature the debut show of WWE: All Access on WWE.com. Grisham hypes the show as a very in-depth look at the happenings both backstage, and on camera of the WWE. Including the creative side, development, and recent rumors.

Grisham is told that the first guest is on the phone. Grisham pauses and asks which guest it is. The guest immediately asks if he’s on the air, to which Grisham confirms. The guest than introduces himself as Misssssterrrr Kennnnedddddy…… Kennedy. A confused Grisham asks Kennedy if he’s alright and Kennedy tells him that his introduction is something he’s been working on. Todd asks Kennedy why he said his last name twice and Kennedy informs him that he simply thinks it’s funny.

Talk continues for a while mostly kayfabe about how Kennedy was sent to Smackdown! By Eric Bischoff and by UPN to investigate the rulings of Smackdown! General Manager Shane McMahon. Kennedy confirms that, saying he is yet to find any evidence that confirms or denies those claims. Todd talks to Kennedy about Smackdown! Last week and how Kennedy cost Eddie Guerrero the victory over Kurt Angle. A very heartfelt Kennedy says that it was all just a misunderstanding. Kennedy is a huge fan of Eddie Guerrero and the idea of seeing the Frogsplash so close up just got to him. He had to jump up on the apron to get a better view, and cheer on one of his favorite superstars. According to Kennedy it was Guerrero’s own fault he lost the match. Kennedy hopes to straighten the whole thing out this week on Smackdown!

Grisham asks Kennedy if he has any goals in the WWE. Kennedy fires back saying he’s not an employee of the WWE, but an employee of UPN. Kennedy says it’s his dream to become a professional wrestler, and everything he told Shane McMahon on Smackdown is true. Kennedy says his only goal is to do his job correctly, make some friends, and move on. Kennedy feels that once Shane McMahon realizes his potential though, a contract wouldn’t be too far away.

Kennedy leaves the show following an impersonation of Big Show’s mighty yell.

After the commercial break, hyping Spring Stampede. Grisham welcomes Intercontinental Champion Brock Lesnar to the show.

Lesnar says it’s great to be back, and he’s happy everything could be worked out. Grisham immediately brings up Wrestlemania 20 and how it was suppose to be Brock Lesnar’s last match in the WWE. Lesnar says Professional Football had been a dream of his since childhood. It was something he couldn’t not attempt. He says he understands if the fans or the boys in the back lost any respect for him, but he had to do what he had to do. Lesnar says that now that professional football is out of his system, he’s focusing 100% on the WWE.

Grisham talks about all the opponents Brock has faced in the past, and who, if any Lesnar would like to meet again.

Lesnar says that Kurt Angle is definitely a man he wants to step back in to the ring with. They have some unfinished business he feels, that could definitely blow the roof off any arena. On the flip side Lesnar says he’d like to work with Shelton Benjamin or Matt Hardy, two men Lesnar never really got any sort of a program with.

Grisham talks about Lesnar’s explosive return at Wrestlemania 21, and what Lesnar plans on doing now that he is back.

Brock says he plans to hang on to the Intercontinental title for as long as he can, and when the moment is right, to step up and challenge the World Heavyweight Champion, whomever that may be. Lesnar says he’s simply allowing Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit their little moment in the sun. If Lesnar wanted to he could break both of them in half and walk away with both championships. But for now, Lesnar is grateful for what he has, and is happy being a fighting Intercontinental Champion.

Todd asks Lesnar if we may ever see him as part of a faction, or tag team.

Lesnar says he’s also believed he could take care of himself, and on most occasions has shown that to be true. However, if number games were to be played, Lesnar says he’s a master at making things work out in his favor.

Grisham talks about Lesnar’s reported love life with former WWE Diva Sable, and if we might ever see her in the WWE again.

Lesnar says that this business is one where you can never say never. As of now Rena is happy with what she’s doing, and has been the support Lesnar has needed in his life for years.

Lesnar leaves the show. Videos are played featuring Shane McMahon’s rise to power on the Smackdown! Brand. The feud between Bischoff and McMahon over the WCW name rights is showcased. All this leads toward Shane McMahon joining the show.

Grisham welcomes Shane McMahon to the show, but static is heard on the other end. Grisham tells us that they seem to be having a bit of technical difficulties reaching the general manager, and decides to run a promo for Judgment Day.

After the promo Grisham is told that all of the problems have been solved, and Todd welcomes Shane to the show.

Immediately the voice on the other end informs Todd that Shane McMahon will not be joining Byte! This, this evening. Instead Eric Bischoff, the RAW General Manager has a few things he’d like to say. Grisham is a little pissed off about Bischoff weaseling his way in to the show. Eric tells Grisham to conduct the interview while he has the chance.

Grisham asks Bischoff why he has taken Shane McMahon’s use of the Spring Stampede and Starrcade Pay-Per-View names so personally.

Bischoff says it’s simple. He created, produced, and managed those events for years. For Shane McMahon to be able to purchase WCW in 2001, with the unmentioned deal being that he wouldn’t use any of WCW’s trademarks for profit, and to turn around and do this. That was a disgrace. Bischoff says that the problem was he never got that deal put in to writing, and instead has been forced to get UPN involved.

Grisham asks if there is any type of deal that can be reached to solve this?

Bischoff says yes. It’s simple. Shane McMahon would cease the usage of any former WCW related event names, or trademarks of any kind. As it is right now Bischoff is slowly beginning to realize that Shane McMahon is gunning to make Smackdown Raw’s true competition. Bischoff doesn’t react positively to threats, and that is how Bischoff is taking all of this.

Grisham mentions the rumors of returning superstars at Spring Stampede, and what that means for Eric Bischoff.

Bischoff says that it means nothing to him. If Shane wants to dig up some dinosaurs from the past, than by all means it’s his right to do so. (Editors Note: Hogan at Judgment Day, what?) Bischoff admits he is interested to see who McMahon could possibly buy out, but isn’t betting on any better of real importance showing up.

Bischoff goes on a spree hyping Raw and putting over the product he has produced. He spends extra attention on the members of The Administration and says that the old saying of Ted DiBiase’s is true, everyone has a price. On Raw, that price is success. A success Bischoff can promise.

Grisham mentions Jericho remaining World Heavyweight Champion much to the dismay of Bischoff.

Eric quickly informs Grisham that penalties will be handed out this upcoming week on Raw to everybody that got involved with The Administrations business. Bischoff promises that this Raw will be the night very few forget. Bischoff hints at being so angry that by the end of the night the roster might even be a little lighter.

Bischoff leaves the show.

Before the show wraps Grisham hypes both Judgment Day and Spring Stampede. He also runs down the announced matches for this Thursday’s Smackdown!

WWE.com - BREAKING NEWS!

-- The Board of Executives of the WWE have pulled any information regarding future Pay-Per-View events following the Raw brand Judgment Day. It appears this is to coincide with the current investigation involving UPN's Ken Kennedy and Shane McMahon. Further information will be provided when it becomes available.

Ringsideview.com - WWE's Developmental Group Expands

-- It has recently been announced that the WWE has opened up a second developmental territory as well as OVW. The new developmental organization is known as Deep South Wrestling. It is unclear who will be the head of operations, but former pro-wrestler Hugh Morrus has already reported there, rumored to be a head trainer.

-- Former all-women's wrestling organization WOW, Women of Wrestling has announced that several of their ladies have signed with World Wrestling Entertainment. We will have a complete listing of these signings later on today. Check back for updates!

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

April 14th – WWE Thursday Night Smackdown!

The Champ Is Back!

Smackdown kicks off with the United States champion John Cena making his return to television. The fans cheer as the U.S. champions enters the ring and poses for the crowd with his United States Championship. Cena grabs a microphone and begins pacing in the ring as the fans cheer him on behind him.

John Cena: “Yo, yo, the Champ is back in the house! Now I promised that I’d come out here and issue a challenge to any homie in the back looking to put some U.S. gold around their waist. Well John Cena is a man of his word, and on the way out here I saw all of the boys gathered by the entry way. So first come first serve! You want some? Come get some!”

There is a brief pause of action as John Cena lowers the microphone and raises his United States Championship. “One of A Kind” hits and the fans erupt. Rob Van Dam comes walking out from the back, his arms outstretched and his head cocked to one side. RVD smiles and points to the fans in a cocky manner as he makes his way towards the ring. Cena nods his head in approval, and welcomes RVD with a handshake. Van Dam retrieves a microphone of his own.

Rob Van Dam: “Dude, when I heard you were going to issue an open challenge I thought to myself, “What would be cooler then a title shot at Spring Stampede?” So here I am. Mr. Thursday night.”

John Cena: “Alright, alright dawg. You want to step up? That's cool. I know we’ll have a classic. Just as-“

“I SPIT IN THE FACE OF PEOPLE WHO DON’T WANT TO BE COOL” The theme music of Carlito Caribbean Cool hits, and the fans begin to boo. Carlito walks out from the backstage area, with a microphone in one hand, and a red apple in the other. He talks as he walks fast paced towards the ring.

Carlito: “Yo, yo. What’s this I hear about Rob Van Dam being given the title shot? I mean I know you said first come first serve, but is it Carlito’s fault he had to tie his shoe?”

Carlito smiles and nods his head towards the fans. He enters the ring.

Carlito: “So c’mon Cena. You want a “cool” opponent for Spring Stampede? Rob Van Dam? He’s not cool. Carlito? I’m cool. And John Cena I know you remember how cool our matches were.”

John Cena: “Well it seems to me we’ve got ourselves a bit of a conundrum. So-“

Rob Van Dam: “Wait, a what?”

John Cena: “Conundrum. Dilemma.”

Rob Van Dam: “Wait-“

John Cena: “Problem!”

Rob Van Dam: “Dude why didn’t you just say so! I can solve this… Carlito you want a match at Spring Stampede versus John Cena because you think you’d be a cooler opponent than RVD. Well, I can feel that. But why don’t we settle this right here tonight. Carlito Caribbean Cool versus Rob…Van… Dam. Winner faces John Cena.”

The crowd cheers.

Carlito: “Carlito versus Van Dam? That’s not cool!”

“No that is cool!”

“Here Comes The Money” hits and the General Manager of Smackdown! Shane McMahon comes strutting out from the back, also carrying a microphone. The three in the ring turn their attention towards their boss.

Shane McMahon: “Rob Van Dam wants Cena. Carlito you want Cena. I can’t think of a better way to solve our problem then to have a number one contenders match right here tonight. The winner, faces John Cena at Spring Stampede!”

The crowd cheers. Carlito kicks the bottom rope and begins calling for McMahon to change his mind. Behind Carlito Rob Van Dam plays up the announcement with his signature thumb point. McMahon leaves, and Cena’s theme music hits, as Carlito continues to have second thoughts.

Funaki vs. Orlando Jordan

The match started a total squash rematch from last week. However midway through Funaki began to fight back, taking Orlando off guard. The crowd rallied behind Funaki as he continued to lay it in to Jordan. The closing moments of the match saw Orlando and Funaki get in to a shuffle, and Orlando push Funaki backwards in to the referee. As the referee stood himself up shaken Jordan quickly low blowed Funaki, easily setting him up for a Brainbuster which led to the pinfall victory. Orlando left the ring celebrating the win after the match. In the ring, Funaki slowly turned himself over, and crawled towards the nearest camera at ringside. Funaki laid himself over the bottom rope and began shouting at the camera in Japanese. He then held his hands together in a praying fashion, before being helped up by the referee.

Winner: Orlando Jordan

Spike Dudley’s Opportunity

We cut to the back where Spike Dudley is shown standing with Josh Matthews.

Josh Matthews: “Spike in just a few moments you will face Rey Mysterio for the number one contendership of the Cruiserweight title. Any words going in to this match?”

Spike Dudley: “Any words? Any words? Let me set one thing straight Josh Matthews! It’s about God damn time Spike Dudley was given another opportunity like this. I am the BEST cruiserweight the WWE has to offer. I carry The Dudley name. A name that has been associated with professional wrestling for years! Would Shane McMahon deny a Hart a championship title shot? Would he deny a Von Eric the chance to shine? No. But he denies the Dudleys. Hell, do you even see Bubba Ray or D’Von around? No. Why is that? Because they refuse to come to work. They refuse to be told what to do by that second generation, less than his father, McMahon. So any words going into this match Josh? Yeah. Here’s a few. Tonight I’ll beat Rey Mysterio, Spring Stampede I’ll beat Ultimo Dragon. And maybe, just maybe, my victory will be enough leverage to bring my brothers home. Now get out of my way shorty!”

Spike blows right past Josh Matthews and leaves the scene. Matthews watches him as he goes before nodding his head in disapproval and walking off as well. We cut back to the ring.

Spike Dudley vs. Rey Mysterio

Both men worked a watered down cruiserweight style, with some highflying moves tossed in. The encounter wasn’t as fast paced as could be expected from cruiserweights. Spike garnished a lot of heel heat due to his prior interview, and he taunting/actions during the match. Mysterio was blown off for a handshake before the match which only heightened the heat for Spike. The ending of the match saw Rey Mysterio set Spike Dudley up for the 619. However, Spike managed to get enough energy to move out of the way, and attack Mysterio. In a flash Spike had reversed the momentum, taken Mysterio by the head, and hit the Dudley Dawg for the pinfall. After the match Spike pulled his arm away from the referee and threw his fists into the air. He slowly dropped to his knees in celebration, praising himself.

Winner: Spike Dudley

Misteeeer Kennedy! … Kennedy!

We cut to Shane McMahon’s office where Kurt Angle and Eddie Guerrero are shown standing across from each other. Shane stands between the two.

Shane McMahon: “Now I know you guys have some unfinished business from last week. Tonight, I want you guys to make it a clean match, and prove why Smackdown is the superior brand.”

Eddie Guerrero: “That’s no problem holmes. Just make sure Olympic boy here doesn’t get any outside help!”

Kurt Angle: “Hey you know damn well I didn’t ask for that fool of an executive to interfere. But is it my fault he happens to be a Kurt Angle fan?”

Eddie Guerrero: “He’s an Eddie Guerrero fan, that’s why he cheered for the Frogsplash.”

Kurt Angle: “Is not!”

Eddie Guerrero: “Is to!”

Shane McMahon: “Gentlemen! Don’t worry as far as I know Ken Kennedy isn’t even in the building tonight, let alone capable of inter-“

“Miiisteeer Kennedy!”

The camera quickly pans back and shifts over to reveal Ken Kennedy standing by the door of the office, a big smile across his face. The fans cheer his arrival. Kennedy briskly walks forward and joins the group. There is a very noticeably uncomfortable silence as the other three don’t know how to react, and Kennedy just smiles looking face to face.

Ken Kennedy: “… Kennedy!”

Another huge pop from the crowd. This sends Angle over the edge and he nearly chokes Kennedy out right then and there. Kennedy seems clueless, still looking awe struck.

Ken Kennedy: “Eddie Guerrero I’m not sure if you heard about my comments I made on Byte This, but I want you to know I’m sorry for costing you the match against Kurt Angle, 1996 Olympic Gold Medallist, last week.”

Kurt smiles gently placing his hand on Kennedy’s shoulder.

Kurt Angle: “That’s alright Ken. I was just telling Eddie here you did it because you’re an Angle fan.”

Ken Kennedy: “Well… you’re good. I respect you, but you’re not my favorite!”

The crowd cheers. Eddie laughs and steps forward.

Eddie Guerrero: “Exactly holmes. Kennedy here cheers for none other than Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero! Hola le!”

Ken Kennedy: “Hola le!… No.”

The crowd laughs. Guerrero becomes straight faced.

Ken Kennedy: “Actually if you must know my favorite Smackdown superstar is Rico.”

Shane McMahon, Kurt Angle, Eddie Guerrero: “Rico?!”

Ken Kennedy: “Any man that gets pampered by Miss Jackie gets my vote.”

The three men nod their head slowly agreeing.

Ken Kennedy: “But listen to make everything right and to make sure that there are no hard feelings. Since last week Kurt Angle was so kind enough to let me accompany him to the ring. I figured tonight I’ll accompany Latino Heat, Eddie Guerrero!”

The crowd cheers. Guerrero’s jaw drops. Angle laughs behind Kennedy. McMahon smirks. Kennedy steps up to Guerrero with big eyes waiting for an answer.

Eddie Guerrero: “I guess that…”

Guerrero casts McMahon a look, who nods.

Eddie Guerrero: “I guess that could work.”

Ken Kennedy: “YES! Smackdown appearance, numero doce! Or is doce twelve? Whatever. I’ll be right back I have to go change!”

Kennedy runs out of the office. The trio just watches him go. Angle turns towards a still stunned Eddie Guerrero.

Kurt Angle: “I guess I’ll see you out there.”

Eddie Guerrero: “What? Oh right, yeah.”

We cut back to the ring.

Rob Van Dam vs. Carlito Caribbean Cool – Number One Contendership of U.S. Title

Carlito played the cowardly heel role of the match, running from and avoiding Rob Van Dam at all costs. Eventually the two squared off with RVD using most his martial arts move, and Carlito visibly complaining to the referee about it. A comedic spot came when Carlito pointed at RVD’s legs signally no more kicks. RVD shrugged and Carlito reached down and lifted up Rob Van Dam’s leg, holding it out in front of him. With a brief smile to the fans RVD rolled through, nailing Carlito in the side of his fro with his other foot. Carlito got in to control after an eye poke and remained their for several minutes. He eventually retrieved the apple he brought to ringside and took a big bite out of it. He however didn’t have a chance to spit it in the face of RVD, as Van Dam came back with a leg sweep which led in to the Rolling Thunder. RVD jumped up, and climbed the turnbuckle, he signaled for the Five Star Frogsplash and leaped off the rope, nailing the move. As RVD connected, the apple piece flew out of Carlito’s mouth and in to the air. RVD made the cover. One, two, three.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Change of Heart?

Backstage John Cena is shown turning away from a monitor after just watching the replay of Rob Van Dam’s victory over Carlito. He turns to come face to face with a sweaty Rob Van Dam. Cena raises his chin, and tightens his grip on his United States Championship.

John Cena: “So, I guess I’ll be seeing you at Spring Stampede.”

Rob Van Dam: “Yeah, you will. But Dude let me remind you of something. I’ve beaten everybody. I’ve beaten Chris Jericho, Steve Austin, Tazz, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit. You’re just going to be another notch added to the list. The list of Rob :point: Van :point: Dam :point:”

John Cena: “Is that so?”

Rob Van Dam: “That’s so.”

John Cena: “Well homes. I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again. You want some? Come get some!”

Rob Van Dam: “No Cena. If I want it… I’m going to TAKE it!”

Rob Van Dam smirks cockily. The two stare each other down.

Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero w/ Ken Kennedy

The fans marked huge for Ken Kennedy’s attire. He was dressed from head to toe in official WWE merchandise of all different superstars. He even brought with him his own sign which read “Look Ma!”. Guerrero seemed embarrassed by Kennedy’s appearance, while Kennedy appeared non-bothered. Guerrero and Angle had a slightly less exciting match than last weeks. This week however, Eddie Guerrero managed to pick up the victory following the Frogsplash. After the match Kennedy entered the ring and raised Eddie Guerrero’s arm. He then briefly let go, lifting Angle to his feet, and raised his arm as well. For a moment Angle looked shocked, and then quickly pulled his arm away, and rolled out of the ring upset. Kennedy looked sad and hurt by Angle blowing him off.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

The Big Show Is The Big Choice

Backstage Big Show stands in a poorly lit locker room. He is gazing in to the darkness.

Big Show: “You want me to be your partner? Fine. I’ll be your partner. We’re former tag champs. But guarantee me this… If you walk away from Spring Stampede still champion, I’m the number one contender!”

There is an overly long pause as the camera focuses in on the darkness trying to pick up an image.

The Undertaker’s Voice: “… Deal”

The crowd cheers.

Mister Tough Enough?!

In another part of the backstage area Ken Kennedy is shown drinking water and sitting on a production trunk. He looks down at all his WWE Merchandise and sighs. Suddenly Al Snow walks up to a reasonably good pop.

Al Snow: “Ken Kennedy! Al Snow, pleasure to meet you!”

Al extends his hand. Kennedy jumped up and shakes his hand.

Al Snow: “Listen man I’ve been watching you these last few weeks and I see you’ve got plenty of heart.”

Ken Kennedy: “I use to think so. But, I don’t know, maybe I’m only cut out for a desk job.”

Al Snow: “Don’t think that way. If you’d like I’d love to show you the ropes around here. Teach you a few things. Help you work towards your dream of being a Smackdown! Superstar.”

Ken Kennedy’s eye’s bright up.

Ken Kennedy: “You would do that for me! Oh my- Thank you Al Snow! Mr. Snow! Al! Thank you so much! I want you to know right off the bat what a big fan I am! I was there live in the crowd at Unforgiven 1999 when you defeated The Big Bossman in the Kennel From Hell match and wow all I can say is-“

Al Snow: “You want your money?”

Ken Kennedy: “What? No. It was one of the greatest matches in WWE history!!”

Al Snow: “Kid, we’re going to get along you and I. I can feel it.”

Ken Kennedy: “Who would’ve thought Al Snow teaming up with the Delighted One, Miiisteerrrrrr Kennedy!!!”

Al Snow: “Delighted One?”

Ken Kennedy: “… Kennedy! Delighted One, it’s something I’m working on.”

Al Snow: “No… just… no.”

The Undertaker/Big Show vs. Booker T/John Bradshaw Layfield w/Orlando Jordan

While Big Show and Undertaker seemed to work well as a team, there was definite tension between JBL and Booker T. Big Show and Undertaker both used their size and strength to their advantage to overcome their opponents during the match. The two worked as a well oiled machine, and proved that they could still go from their 1999 Armageddon days. The ending of the match however saw Booker T sideswipe the referee, allowing Orlando Jordan to interfere with a steel chair. JBL, Booker T, and Jordan immediately attacked Big Show, knocking the big man out of the ring. Undertaker came from behind and grabbed both JBL and Jordan by the throats. He hoisted both men up and quickly nailed a double chokeslam. In a flash however, Booker T capitalized on Undertaker’s position of being hunched over to nail a Scissors Kick which took the Dead Man down. Booker T made the cover. One, two, three!! After the match Booker T and crew quickly left the ring and began celebrating on the outside. In a moment Booker T and JBL quickly hugged and then pulled off each other, realizing their future opponents. Undertaker sat up in the ring to a big pop, sending a look of death towards JBL and Booker T who continued their celebrating ways. JBL was having his hand raised by Orlando Jordan when both were suddenly attacked from behind by Booker T. Booker through Jordan down off the side of the ramp, sending him face first in to the top of the guard rail, and back on to the ramp. JBL turned to fight, but was taken out by the Book End on the steel ramp. Booker T and The Undertaker looked at each other with Booker T smiling devilishly, mouthing that he’d see him at Spring Stampede.

Winners: Booker T/ John Bradshaw Layfield

Ringsideview.com - Developmental Situation Update

Following the story we broke earlier today involving changes to WWE Developmental, we can now confirm the list of WWE Developmental Contracted superstars who will be staying with Ohio Valley Wrestler, and reporting to Deep South Wrestling.

Staying in OVW under the direction of Jim Cornette and Danny Davis are the following superstars.

Aaron Aguilera

Alexis Laree

Bobby Lashley

Brent Albright

EZ Money

James Gibson

Jimmy Snuka Jr.

Joey Matthews

Johnny Jeter

Johnny Nitro

Matt Cappotelli

Matt Morgan

Mr. Aguila

Seven

Shane Madison

Shaniqua

Simon Dean

Slyk Wagner Brown

Torrie Wilson

Those superstars reporting to Deep South Wrestling under the direction of Mikey Monroe, Fit Finley, and Lance Storm are as followed.

Aaron Stevens

Antonio Thomas

Beth Phoenix

Bobbi

Brian Carlucchi

Chad Wicks

Charlie Davidson

Chris Cage

Chris Masters

Christy Order

Danger

Delta Lotta Pain

EZ Rider

Heather Steele

Jillian Hall

Kelly

Loca

Melina Perez

Morris

Nicky Law

Slam Dunk

Tank Toland

Thug

Vendetta

You may recognize several of those names from former all-women’s organization Women of Wrestling. It is my understanding that Deep South Wrestling will work as a starting ground for those superstars who are yet to reach a certain level. Once they do they will then move on to Ohio Valley Wrestling for fine tuning, before hopefully debuting on WWE television.

April 16th 2005 - WWE Velocity

The FBI d. Suzuki/Dupree - Number One Contendership To WWE Tag Team Titles

Hardcore Holly d. Mark Jindrak

Orlando Jordan d. Scotty 2 Hotty

Billy Gunn d. Luther Reigns

April 17th 2005 - WWE Sunday Night Heat

Frank Shamrock d. Steven Richards

Rhyno/Tajiri d. T&A

Shelton Benjamin d. Rob Conway

IPB Image

4/18/05 - Monday Night Raw Preview

"Last week, they sealed their fate!"

Last week on Raw Chris Benoit challened Chris Jericho to a World Heavyweight title match. With The Administration in his corner, Chris Benoit was the betting star to walk away champion. However, much to the dismay of Eric Bischoff and The Administration, several Raw Superstars took it upon themselves to get involved in the match, and look out for the well-being of Chris Jericho. Those superstars include Shawn Michaels, Rhyno, Shelton Benjamin, The Hurricane and Rosey. This Monday Night Eric Bischoff promises the world that each of these superstars will pay for getting involved in business which didn't concern them.

In what way will Eric Bischoff make these men pay? What about Eric Bischoff's recent comments on WWE.com's Byte! This where he teased the idea of firing someone this Monday night.

It's clear this bitter situation is long from over. Tune in Monday Night to see what goes down!

IPB Image

WWE.com

WWE.com has just learned that the chairman of the WWE, Vince McMahon, has arrived backstage at Raw. McMahon was quoted as saying that he would make a huge announcement regarding the future of WWE Raw and Smackdown.

We have also learned that there has been some sort of altercation involving several Raw superstars and the police earlier today as they were entering the building. It is believed that Eric Bischoff orchestrated the altercation but what is not known right now is the exact details.

Exact details of these two events are to be announced on Monday Night Raw.

• 3 months later...

WWE Monday Night Raw

Monday, April 18th 2005

Earlier Today: Denied Access

Out in the parking lot several Raw superstars including Brock Lesnar, Tajiri, William Regal, Val Venis, Matt Hardy, Randy Orton, and World Heavyweight Champion, Chris Jericho. The group is being kept from entering the arena by a group of police officers. Jonathan Coachman appears behind the blockade of law enforcement looking smug. The Coach informs the irate group of superstars that they are not needed, and that any matches that were planned tonight will be moved to next week. The Coach leaves promising the group that they will still be paid for tonight.. possibly.

Bischoff Calls The Shots

Eric Bischoff came down to the ring accompanied by his Administration. Bischoff talked about how Chris Jericho doesn’t deserve to be the champion because of how he turned his back on those who got him where he is. Bischoff than went in to detail on what he plans to do to those superstars who interfered last Monday night on Jericho’s behalf. Bischoff announced the card for the night. Shawn Michaels versus Edge AND Christian, Rhyno versus Gene Snitsky, The Justice League versus Tyson Tomko/Nick Dinsmore in a No Disqualification match, and Shelton Benjamin versus Chris Benoit. Bischoff added that if any one of the non-administration members lose their matches that they’d be fired on the spot!

Justice League vs. Tyson Tomko/Nick Dinsmore

Shortly after The Hurricane was taken out of the equation, Tomko and Dinsmore took it right to Rosey. Thereafter it was Tyson Tomko and Nick Dinsmore with all the momentum and ultimately the assisted powerbomb by both men on Rosey for the first victory of the night! Eric Bischoff who had remained at ringside to cheer on his team immediately got on the microphone and announced Tyson Tomko and Nick Dinsmore as the winners. Bischoff showed he was a man of his word, firing The Justice League, and having them be escorted from the building!!

Getting Personal

Backstage Victoria was talking to a WWE makeup artist when suddenly Molly Holly attacked the Women’s Champion from behind. Molly beat down the champ, going as far as smashing a makeup mirror across the back of her head before being subdued by WWE Officials. Victoria laid on the floor surrounded by broken glass, immediately being looked at by medical personnel

Gene Snitsky vs. Rhyno

Before the match, Bischoff reminded Snitsky that he was yet to do anything impressive. Bischoff hinted that a victory over Rhyno would secure Snitsky a spot in The Administration. This match started out with Snitsky having the upper momentum with some punches but that quickly shifted once Rhyno had a duck and hit on the opposition. Later on though, Snitsky had the offense back outside of the ring with some elbows, chops, and offensive maneuvers with the assist of the guardrail. Towards the end of the match Gene Snitsky tried attacking Rhyno with the steel chair on the ankle from the middle rope but it was a miss by Snitsky that had him suffer. Later it was Snitsky with a submission hold locked in and Bischoff calling for the submission. The match wasn’t stopped though as Rhyno battled back, seconds later it was Rhyno with the GORE followed by the pin for the win!! After the match Bischoff got on the microphone and informed everyone that he was going through with what he said he would. Already there was two firings, and there was now a third. Bischoff reminded everyone that if any non-administration member lost their match tonight, they would be fired. Bischoff proceeded to fire Snitsky in a swerve, telling him to leave the ring now.

Future Members?

Backstage, Tomko and Dinsmore sat talking with A-Train and Test. Both men asked to make an appointment with Eric Bischoff regarding membership in to The Administration. Tomko reminded the boys about what just happened to Administration hopeful Gene Snitsky after he failed to impress Bischoff. Test swore that if Eric Bischoff wanted to be impressed, he needed not to look any further.

Ain’t No Stopping Him

Backstage Shelton Benjamin spoke on how unfair and evil Eric Bischoff was. Benjamin talked about how already three lives have changed, and three families have suffered because they no longer have a paycheck coming to them. Benjamin said that in tonight’s match he wouldn’t just be fighting for himself, but also for Hurricane, Rosey, and yes, even Gene Snitsky.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Chris Benoit

Once again Bischoff sat at ringside to gloat and play mind games. The match began with Chris Benoit achieving and hanging on to the momentum. The fans began to rally behind the young Shelton Benjamin, eventually leading to a comeback on offense. Benoit was able to overcome his agile opponents speed slipping in and out of technical chain wrestling, to momentum stopping defensive moves. In the end however Benjamin was placed in to the Crippler Crossface, eventually submitting. Benoit stood up following the match smiling ear to ear. Bischoff gloatingly got in to the ring with microphone in hand, and leaned over Shelton Benjamin who still lay on the mat pulling at his shoulder. Bischoff raised the microphone and in to simple words informed Benjamin of his release. Bischoff exited the ring smiling and celebrating with Chris Benoit as the fans booed tremendously.

Impressed?

Backstage we see footage of A-Train and Test attacking Shawn Michaels in his locker room. Michaels is bloodied, and we bare witness to one final blow by A-Train to the back of Michaels head. HBK falls to the ground, panting, and groaning. Test and A-Train talk to each other about impressing Bischoff, before grabbing a Shawn Michaels t-shirt out of the locker and wiping some of the Heart Break Kids blood up with it. Test and A-Train leave the locker room.

Forced To Fight

Following the commercial break we see footage of what transpired during the break. Test and A-Train present the bloodied Shawn Michaels t-shirt to Eric Bischoff as a trophy of sorts. The General Manager smiles, asking if it means what he thinks it means. Edge and Christian joyously slap hands at the sight of the blood. Back to live action as Shawn Michaels is being attended to by medical officials. Bischoff walks in to the picture, and informs Shawn Michaels that the match has already been set, and if Shawn doesn’t make it to the ring by the time the referee counts to ten, Shawn will be fired!

Shawn Michaels versus Edge/Christian

The referee got the count of eight before Shawn Michaels theme music hit. The music surprised Edge and Christian as well as the General Manager. Shawn staggered out to the stage and slowly made his way to the ring. A bandage did little to secure the wound on the Heartbreak Kids forehead. HBK was easy pickings for the tag team champions, with Edge and Christian seemingly playing with their prey. Suddenly though Michaels began to fight back getting a second wind out of no where. The second wind was short lived though as Eric Bischoff slid a chair in to the ring and then proceeded to distract the referee. Edge picked up the weapon and delivered a devastating blow to the back of Shawn Michaels, sending him buckling to his knees. Christian was right there to drop kick Shawn in the jaw sending him flat on to his back. Suddenly Chris Jericho’s theme music hit, and the World Heavyweight Champion came flying out from the backstage area, steel chair in hand. Jericho slid in to the ring and immediately cracked Edge over the head with the chair, followed by Christian. Tomko, and Dinsmore appeared from backstage, but were attacked from behind by William Regal and Tajiri! The flood gates opened as Val Venis, Matt Hardy, Brock Lesnar, and Randy Orton appeared from backstage, doing battle with The Administration, as well as Test and A-Train. Bischoff hid behind the commentators booth, before securing a microphone and calling for order.

Bischoff Gets A Reality Check

Bischoff continued to shout in to the microphone for everyone to stop fighting. When no one obeyed Bischoff began to fire the Raw superstars one by one. First came Randy Orton, followed by Matt Hardy, and William Regal. Bischoff continued by firing Tajiri, Brock Lesnar, and Shawn Michaels! By now the Raw superstars were beginning to take notice of the general manager and slowly cease from fighting. Bischoff stood up no the commentators booth and pointed a finger at Chris Jericho. “Chris Jericho, you son of a bitch! You’re fi-“. Suddenly the theme music of WWE Chairman Vince McMahon hit, and the crowd erupted. Bischoff’s jaw slowly dropped as he jumped down from the commentator booth. Vince McMahon made his way out, a confused look on his face. McMahon made his way down the ramp, stepping over Tomko, and brushing past Regal/Tajiri. The Chairman got in to the ring and demanded to be given a microphone. Vince started things off by saying that anyone that Eric Bischoff had fired that evening was still employed! He continued by informing Bischoff that no matter how much he thinks he has the final say around here, he doesn’t. McMahon went on to mention how much hell Bischoff has caused for him personally these last few weeks. McMahon claims that Bischoff’s legal action against his son Shane has caused Vince to be on the phone every hour with UPN Representatives, and lawyers. McMahon says that it all ends tonight! Vince says that he is using his powers as WWE Chairman to enforce a new way of running things. First thing, Shane McMahon would be allowed to use any former WCW Trademarks, including the Spring Stampede, and Starrcade names, thus voiding Bischoff’s legal complaint on the spot. McMahon continued by saying that it was time the WWE housed some real competition. Starting from Spring Stampede, and from that moment forth, Raw and Smackdown will become two ENTIRELY different organizations. They will only interact once a year, at the June Pay-Per-View Invasion! Vince also said that he understands things can tend to get a bit stale, that’s why Invasion will now house a yearly roster draft to shake things up! However Vince discussed the current champion situation. He said that it was time to see who the real champions were, announcing that at this years Invasion Pay-Per-View, the WWE fans will bare witness to unification matches of the tag team, and world heavyweight titles. The undisputed champions will then be allowed to move between shows, defending their belts against both Raw and Smackdown superstars. The evening came to a close with Vince announcing another match at this years Invasion… Shane McMahon versus Eric Bischoff!!

IPB Image

Tuesday, April 19th 2005

-Ken Shamrock who has been off television as of recently working on promotional material for his UFC training school will be making his return to the screen shortly. It is unknown as of yet if Ted DiBiase will also return, as The Million Dollar Man is very comfortable with his agent position backstage.

-The rumored ECW Pay-Per-View is beginning to shape up dramatically. We've gotten word that Paul Heyman was recently sent down to meet with the Jarretts to try and work out a deal regarding TNA talent appearing at the event. No word if any deal was made.

-Click below if you wish to have Spring Stampede spoiled for you, regarding who the returning superstar is that Shane McMahon has been talking about.

We've gotten word that the superstar is none other than Sting. Sting has signed a one year deal with WWE, and is expected to play some sort of free agent with Bischoff and McMahon competeing for his contract.

IPB Image

The Board of Directors have released the new pay-per-view schedule which now incorporates the total split brand extension.

January: Royal Rumble (Raw)

February: Clash of The Champions (Smackdown)

March: Wrestlemania (Raw)

April: Spring Stampede (Smackdown)

May: Judgment Day (Raw)

June: Invasion (Raw/Smackdown - WWE Annual Roster Draft)

July: The Great American Bash (Smackdown)

August: Summerslam (Raw)

September: Fall Brawl (Smackdown)

October: Taboo Tuesday (Raw) , Halloween Havoc (Smackdown)

November: Survivor Series (Raw)

December: Starrcade (Smackdown)

• "Invasion" is the only pay-per-view of the year where BOTH Raw and Smackdown Superstars will appear.
  • October is the only month where BOTH Raw and Smackdown have scheduled Pay-Per-Views
  • The Survivor Series format will return to the way it once was, airing on Thanksgiving.

IPB Image

WWE Thursday Night Smackdown! - April 21st 2005 Preview

Smackdown! heads towards Spring Stampede this week!

In the main event of the evening, Booker T will do battle with one of his pay-per-view opponents John Bradshaw Layfield. What kind of insight will this match give us in to their WWE Championship bout this Sunday?

In a move to get himself ready for Spring Stampede, Rob Van Dam has requested and received a match with Smackdown! Superstar Rico.

Orlando Jordan will do battle with Scotty 2 Hotty.

Johnny Stamboli will go one on one with Danny Basham. General Manager McMahon has made the stipulation that if Stamboli defeats Basham, he and Nunzio will battle the Bashams this Sunday for the WWE Tag Team Titles!

Tune in to Smackdown to see in what other ways Spring Stampede shapes up!

WWE Thursday Night Smackdown

Thursday, April 21st 2005 Edition

A video clip hyping this Sunday's Spring Stampede pay-per-view opens Thursday Night Smackdown. The video ends with a clip from last week's show of Booker T, JBL, and The Undertaker engaged in a staredown. The Thursday Night Smackdown theme music plays, and we cut inside to the arena where the fans cheer and hold up their signs. The pyro explodes from the stage, kicking off another night of action.

Singles Contest

Rob Van Dam vs. Rico

• Before the match we're treated to an interview taped before the show of Rob Van Dam giving his thoughts on his United States Championship match against John Cena at Spring Stampede. Rob Van Dam briefly talks about how John Cena is nothing but a character. Someone who needs the people on his side in order to feel important, and self sufficient enough to function. RVD continues by saying that he doesn't need, nor want the peoples attention. Regardless of how the fans feel about him, Rob Van Dam is walking out of Spring Stampede the United States Champion, because he's Mr. Pay-Per-View, Rob. Van. Dam!
  • As the crowd settled backed down and returned to their seats, RVD and Rico locked up, and the match got under way. Rico got RVD with the go behind but RVD quickly hit back with a snapmare and locked in a chinlock.
  • In the corner, RVD hit a couple of back elbows and then stomped on Rico's chest, but Rico caught RVD's leg and hit a hard short clothesline, knocking him to the canvas. Rico then followed through with a quick elbow drop to the throat.
  • The two continued to fight with RVD once again getting the advantage, hitting the Rolling Thunder followed by The Frogsplash to pick up the victory.
Winner(s): Rob Van Dam

Backstage, Rey Mysterio was shown arriving and placing down his bags. As he did Miss Jackie appeared from behind Mysterio. Jackie informed Mysterio that this part of the locker room was for winners only, winners like her man Charlie Haas. Haas soon appeared gloating, and full of himself. The altercation ended with Mysterio insulting Jackie, and challenging Haas to a match. The challenge was accepted.

Singles Contest

Orlando Jordan w/JBL vs. Scotty 2 Hotty

• Orlando went to tie up with Scotty but 2 Hotty quickly took hold of the match with a sharp stiff kick to the stomach. With Orlando clutching his stomach Scotty went for the back of the knees knocking Orlando down.
  • Now propped in the corner, Orlando ducked a high kick which left Scotty caught up on the top turnbuckle. Orlando took advantage with right and left jabs and then a hard kick to the remaining leg turning Scotty upside down.
  • When Scotty got back in to control he nailed Orlando with the bulldog and quickly set up for the Worm. However, as Scotty was getting ready to deliver the chop to the throat, JBL distracted him allowing Orlando to roll Scotty 2 Hotty up for the victory, with assisted leverage by pulling the tights.
Winner(s): Orlando Jordan

After the match Funaki's theme music hit and he appeared on stage. JBL and Orlando joked in the ring about Funaki wanting another helping of an ass kicking. Funaki got a microphone and challenged Orlando to a match at Spring Stampede. Orlando joyfully accepted it after some assurance from JBL!

Singles Contest

Charlie Haas w/Miss Jackie vs. Rey Mysterio

• The match started off quickly with Mysterio and Haas doing a series of chain wrestling moves, which got the fans in to the match right away. Just as it looked like there was to be another series, Haas slapped Mysterio across the face establishing his heel heat.
  • Through out the match Haas was very forceful with his offense. He would holding illegal moves as long as possible before getting DQ’d and sometimes ignore the referee.
  • Mysterio got back in to control after reversing a suplex attempt from Haas and began to fight his way back. Just as the momentum got to it’s peak, Haas blatantly kicked Mysterio between the legs, causing a disqualification victory for Mysterio!
Winner(s): Rey Mysterio

After the match Haas continued beating on Mysterio until he was pulled off by referees. Jackie and Charlie left up the ramp as Mysterio slowly pulled himself up, holding his chin and watching Haas exit.

Singles Contest

Johnny Stamboli w/Nunzio vs. Danny Basham w/Doug Basham

• Before the match we see footage of Nunzio motivating Stamboli before the match. Nunzio reminds Johnny that with one victory tonight, they can go on to capture the WWE Tag Team Championships at Spring Stampede, and then go on to become the Undisputed Tag Team Champions at Invasion!
  • The match started off a bit slow with the crowd initially not very in to it. The Bashams fought cowardly attempting the switching between Danny/Doug while the referee was distracted. Nunzio however interfered with the cheating tactics, foiling the Tag Team Champions plans.
  • The ending of the match saw Danny once again try to cheat by nailing Stamboli with a tag team championship, only to have the belt big booted back in to his face. Nunzio attacked Doug as he tried to interfere, allowing Stamboli to nail the Mamaluke DDT on Danny for the pinfall victory!
Winner(s): Johnny Stamboli

We cut backstage where Kurt Angle is shown lacing up his boots. The locker room door opens and Ken Kennedy appears next to the Olympian, a wide smile across his face. Kennedy went on to pump on the non-eagerly responsive Kurt Angle for his match with Chavo Guerrero. Angle tried to blow Kennedy off, but the UPN Representative wouldn’t budge. Kennedy informed Angle that if Angle wins tonight that this Sunday it would be Eddie Guerrero teaming with Chavo Guerrero to take on Kurt Angle and Mister Kennedy! Angle looked shocked and repulsed as Kennedy left. Moments later Kennedy returned, “…Kennedy!”.

Singles Contest

Kurt Angle w/Ken Kennedy vs. Chavo Guerrero w/Eddie Guerrero

• Los Guerrero’s came out to a huge pop from the fans. Angle was less than excited about seeing Kennedy walking out behind him. Kennedy by the way nearly got burned (staged reactions) by the pyro by getting in the way. In a comedic spot Angle had to stop his trademark pose and pull Kennedy off the stage. Backstage Al Snow was shown watching a television monitor of the match looking pleased.
  • Back and forth technical action between the two showed the WWE fans what wrestling is all about. Kennedy kept switching between rooting for Kurt Angle to rooting for Guerrero. Kennedy even tried to “hang out” with Eddie at ringside, with Eddie looking very confused.
  • Kurt Angle began fighting dirty behind the referee’s back by raking Chavo’s eyes. Eddie jumped up on the apron to try and inform the referee. Kennedy however suddenly appeared in the ring with a steel folding chair, and in his defining moment he dove across the ring nailing Chavo in the head with the weapon sending him to the ground. The crowd quickly began to boo Kennedy as Kurt Angle easily picked up the victory. Kennedy held on to Eddie’s boot on the outside, keeping him from being able to break up the cheap victory.
  • After the match Eddie began to argue with the referee before checking on Chavo. Kurt pulled himself up in the corner, and devilishly smiled at Ken Kennedy. Suddenly Angle exploded from the corner behind Eddie, quickly hoisting him up and delivering the Angle Slam. This allowed Angle to lift Chavo up and hand him over to Kennedy who set him up in the corner. Kennedy ascended with Chavo on his back and delivered the Kenton Bomb on the already unconscious Chavo Guerrero!
Winner(s): Kurt Angle

Backstage we see John Bradshaw Layfield just hanging up his cell phone. JBL looks more then pleased. JBL informs Orlando that the package has arrived.

In another part of the backstage area we find Ultimo Dragon doing a photo shoot for WWE Magazine. Suddenly Spike Dudley appears, taunting and mocking the Cruiserweight champion. Just as it looks like Ultimo is about to defend himself physically, The Dudley Boys, Bubba Ray and D’Von appear, brawling with the cruiserweight champion. Bubba grabs Ultimo by the back of the head and sends him flying in to the lighting fixtures, sending them crashing to the ground. Spike warns Ultimo that he’ll see him at Spring Stampede, and that the Cruiserweight championship is coming home!

Singles Contest

John Bradshaw Layfield w/Orlando Jordan vs. Booker T w/Sharmel

• Booker T came out first, and as JBL exited the limo the fans were treated to a bizarre sight. Around JBL’s waist was the WWE Championship. JBL got on a microphone and informed everyone that sometimes life hands you lemons. And sometimes you need to take those lemons and make lemonade. JBL says he’s made lemonade. Bradshaw in forms everyone that The Undertaker had suffered some sort of accident over the weekend, and he had woken up one morning to find the WWE Championship on his front porch. JBL told everyone that because of the injuries that the Undertaker had suffered, he would NOT be able to compete at Spring Stampede, and rather than vacating the title, it was The Undertaker’s wishes that John Bradshaw Layfield, the wrestling God, be crowned champion!
  • Booker T and JBL briefly brawled before as could be expected, the lights in the arena went out. The smoke began to rise from the ring apron, and the stropes quickly began to flicker. With thunder accompanying him, The Undertaker appeared in the ring behind the spooked JBL. Booker T quickly escaped from the ring, as JBL was spun around and quickly brought in to a punching contest with the Dead Man.
  • JBL managed to get away, eventually running with Booker T and Orlando Jordan up the ramp. JBL and Orlando entered the limo for safety, with JBL shutting Booker T out. Booker T quickly ran backstage as The Undertaker peered on. Slowly the Undertaker lowered to one knee and saluted the heavens. On queue the limousine began to move like it was on hydraulics. Orlando suddenly opened the door and fell out, scrambling to get away from the smoke engulfed cabin of the limo. JBL was shown about to exit but mysteriously the door slammed shut on it’s own. Orlando promptly tried to reopen the door but to no avail. Suddenly the moon roof exploded and JBL pulled himself out as smoke filtered out from the inside. A pair of hands suddenly reached up from inside the limo, and a druid appeared behind JBL grabbing at him and pulling him down. JBL disappeared back in to the smoke, as The Undertaker rolled his eyes back in to his head in the ring. Booker T was shown looking on in disbelief from the curtain. The camera tried to focus in on any activity through the roof, but didn’t capture anything.
Winner(s): No Contest

Guest glennjacobsrox

I totally agree with jesse_ewiak.

And what about the royal rumble!? Why does Raw get that.

You should def. re-think your ppvs. They aren't realistic and although it is your diary it would just NEVER happen.