MP3 players

ONO

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a Creative MP3 player, much better than those piece of shit iPods.

Nobody anywhere should ever give Creative any money. Ever.

And why is that? Twice I've broken my MP3 player, I'VE broken it, not it's broken on me, and twice they've replaced it for free, I've never had any trouble, it's easy to use and sort tracks and after getting it back on Friday I'm happier than ever with it.

Yeah, I did the same thing with my iPod. You can't beat Apple's customer service. You just can't.

They didn't for me and it broke by itself, that's when I switched.

I got an iRiver right when it came out(and 2 Gigs were big) so I went ahead and got it for 240$ or something.(But it is pretty good since I have A voice recorder and A radio)

I still wish I didn't go to that piece of crap Radio Shack; But believe it or not... It was the cheapest iRiver around.

Grr..

Two months later there's these 20 Gigs coming out for half the price what has everything I bought it for 240$ for.

Good luck finding A good MP3. Here's A hint: Try not to get screwed over by the mean Radio Shack.

Could you please elaborate on this for me? I own a Creative 20GB Zen Touch, haven't had any trouble with it and working in an electrical store for 11 months I can't recall many instances of trouble with it or any other Creative player from customers.

I wasn't referring specifically to their MP3 players. Creative, in general, is a horribly shitty and corrupt company. Their sound cards are overpriced trash, their (bloated) driver support is easily the worst in the business, and they routinely buy out companies offering better products, and then proceed to shelve said products (A3D, Aureal). Creative has done more to set back computer audio in the past ten years than anyone else you care to name. Their new X-Fi card is snake oil in the purest sense of the word, and a Chaintec AV-710 card will do everything an Audigy ZS 2 will do for a sixth of the price. Hell, onboard sound kicks the crap out of most of Creative's garbage.

As for their MP3 players, I have the opportunity to use a friend's, and I hated it. It ran well enough, but the interface was atrocious to use, to say nothing of the reported hardware bugs. Their marketing is equally bad, which ensures that their crummy products will never be in any position to challenge Apple.

Fortunately, though, the company looks set to die. Their last financial earnings statement said that they had over $90 million dollars worth of products unsold, just sitting around depreciating. That $90 mil comprises a whopping one-quarter of Creative's total market output, which means the company is now in dire financial straits. Serves them right for neglecting their cards as well as any kind of innovation in favor of jumping into a crowded, competitive market where they'll be doomed to a tiny market share thanks to Apple.

In short, fuck Creative.

So... you have a problem with them because they're small and because they make business decisions based on their market research? Nice.

Could you please elaborate on this for me? I own a Creative 20GB Zen Touch, haven't had any trouble with it and working in an electrical store for 11 months I can't recall many instances of trouble with it or any other Creative player from customers.

Edited by Heel Turn

No, I hate Creative because they make shitty products and are responsible for shelving superior products.

And also, you realize creative is a huge company, right?  And that focusing on one sentence of an otherwise lengthy post makes you a flaming moron, yes?

They DON'T make shitty products though, the consensus so far is the FAR opposite from that.

I do realise Creative is big, but the way you spoke it was as if you thought they were smaller than they are.

Focusing on one sentence? That was all I could pick up from that rant, I may be a moron but evidently you are always right and we should all praise you for your huge knowledge. Don't be such a prick, climb down from your pedestal and join us for a discussion without insults why don't you?

Um, Benji, the only person in this thread who said Creative makes good products is you. That is far from a consensus. And while Heel Turn's anti-creative rant is hardly a consensus in and of itself, my experience owning a Creative CD-RW has been nothing but a mess of incompatibility, lousy drivers, and poor customer support. I back Heel Turn 1000%... Creative is a piss-poor company.

Um, Benji, the only person in this thread who said Creative makes good products is you. That is far from a consensus. And while Heel Turn's anti-creative rant is hardly a consensus in and of itself, my experience owning a Creative CD-RW has been nothing but a mess of incompatibility, lousy drivers, and poor customer support. I back Heel Turn 1000%... Creative is a piss-poor company.

Well, AdGray said it was as well, but I agree far from a consensus.

But I also back Benji on the fact that I fail to remember a time when Heel Turn hasn't resorted to saying people are "flaming" or threw insults at them just because they happened to disagree.

Surely calling someone a flaming moron is flaming in itself, is it not?

I've got a 5gig Creative Zen Micro, couldn't be happier with it.

So there is two other people who have agreed, nobody has really disagreed on the MP3 situation, I'd more than agree on CD drives, they are shit, but on Jukebox's I've found they can't be beat. By consensus I kind of meant the members but also my friends, everyone I've recomended them to that got one is beyond happy with it.

So yeah, while it may not be 'consensus' (which admitedly was bad phrasing on my part), Heel Turn is the first person I've known of around 20 that has had issues with the MP3 players.

EDIT: Also, lousy customer support is far from right I'VE broken it twice, as in I did the damage, and both times they replaced it for free and without any qualms.

Edited by Benji O' Doom~!