International Wrestling Federation

Chris the Human

Luger winning the International title was a strange concept since his talent and name recognition is pretty much less than nothing now

No sure what I was thinking either, but since I've got bigger plans for the three men he competed against - he was the best option. I do have something in mind for him, however.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am convinced. You have the touch. BSW was great, and here you go managing to do a straight-up fed well to boot. Still don't see Luger as a champion in this day and age, but the roster seems to be coming together nicely.

IPB Image

Friday October 14th 2005

Venue: Colonial Center, Columbia

Joey: Hello again. We welcome you to the Colonial Centre right here in Columbia, South Carolina. The world title tournament action continues tonight with six huge match-ups in the round of thirty two!

Simon: That’s not all. We’ve got Aja Kong up against Jazz to decide who will have the honour of being the first ever women’s champion!

Joey: And hardcore icon Terry Funk makes his debut as he fights for the Hardcore Rules belt against Vampiro!

Aja Kong vs. Jazz for the IWF Women’s Title

Jazz, sporting her usual bad ass leather look, is first out in the ring, but the crowd are most impressed by Japanese competitor, Aja Kong, whose styled Mohawk makes her an intimidating sight indeed. The match is rather one sided, with Aja Kong dominating Jazz for large periods of the match, before picking up a clean win after six minutes of combat with a huge powerbomb.

O: 66 C: 60 M: 72

The IWF Women’s Title gained in image

Next up is the big Hardcore Rules bout between Terry Funk and Vampiro, and the crowd give Vampiro a hostile reception as he comes out. He winds them up with some showmanship before the big pop comes for ECW and WCW legend, Terry Funk. There’s Funk chants going up even as he steps into the ring.

Terry Funk vs. Vampiro for the IWF Hardcore Rules Title

The two experienced workers start by tying up, and it’s Terry Funk who gets the early advantage with a front face lock. He whips Vampiro, who drops the older combatant with a reverse elbow before coming off the second rope for an axe handle. Cover, but Funk is up after one. Terry Funk wails on Vampiro with some old school chops, but Vampiro ducks out of the ring and gets a chair. He comes back into the ring, swings, but Funk ducks the attack and kicks him low. Belly to back suplex from the Funkster, which he follows up by cracking the discarded chair across Vampiro’s back. The crowd go nuts for the IWF’s first ever chairshot. Cover, but Vampiro manages to get a shoulder up.

Funk drags Vampiro to his feet and hits a standing suplex, another cover, and again Vampiro rolls out. He rolls to the outside and fishes around under the ring for a conveniently placed baseball bat. He slides into the ring, and Funk again cracks him with the chair. He’s got blood coming from a gash in his head, but manages to bring Funk down in a tackle. Both men brawl on the ground for a moment, Vampiro eventually getting to his feet and regathering his discarded baseball bat. As Funk gets up he winds up and cracks him in the ribs with it, which draws a moan of sympathy from the crowd. Funk doubles over in pain, and Vampiro hits him with the Nail in the Coffin. 1-2-3! Vampiro wins the Hardcore Rules title in a rather bland introduction to the Hardcore Rules division.

O: 69 C: 64 M: 74

Vampiro gained in image

The Hardcore Rules title gained in image

We cut backstage, where we see Frankie Kazarian standing with interviewer, Ashley Massaro.

Ashley: Frankie Kazarian, you’ve been drawn up against Jody Fleisch for your first match in the World Title tournament. How will you counter his high flying offence?

Kazarian: Excuse me? Honey, you’re talking to the Franchise here, not some midcard nobody. I don’t need to counter his high flying offence, because I’m too damn good for him. Fleisch should have stayed in England, because he’s dreaming if he thinks he can make it in the big league. I’m Frankie ‘The Franchise’ Kazarian, and no indy no name is going to come in here and stand a chance against me. Watch and learn, sweet thing. Play your cards right, and maybe you’ll get franchised yourself.

Frankie Kazarian vs. Jody Fleisch in the World Title Tournament

The fans aren’t so excited for this bout, with neither worker a household name by any stretch of the imagination. Still, Kazarian’s pre-match interview has at least given them an idea of who to cheer for and who to boo. Jody Fleisch impresses the vocal crowd with some plucky underdog offence, but it’s Kazarian who controls most of this clash with his combination of flying and technical wrestling.

The match’s conclusion comes with Fleisch having gained some ascendancy after Kazarian got caught with a dropkick as he came off the top rope. Fleisch hits an innovative springboard leg drop, and then climbs up top to signal for the 450 splash. He comes off, but Kazarian rolls aside at the last minute, meaning Fleisch gets a face full of mat. As Jody stumbles to his feet, Kazarian steps in and hits him with the Wave of the Future. He covers, and throws his feet up on the ropes for extra leverage. 1-2-3! Kazarian steals a victory here, and will advance to the next round. He steps up onto the nearest turnbuckle and mocks the crowd openly, earning him heavy heat.

O: 67 C: 56 M: 78

COMMERCIAL BREAK

We return from a break to find EZ Money making his way out to the ring. He gets immediate heel heat as he comes out in typical cocky, wealthy heel style – playing to the crowd by simpering and treating them to a celebrity wave. Next out is his opponent, Frank Shamrock, who the crowd pop for based on his name alone. He comes out without fanfare, his eyes full of passion and intensity.

Frank Shamrock vs. EZ Money in the World Title Tournament

This clash really isn’t one for those who don’t appreciate the MMA style, with Frank Shamrock exercising plenty of holds mixed in with sharp kicks and slaps. EZ Money’s offence is more innovative, but he can’t get past the intensity and power of Shamrock, who continually puts him down with a well placed kick or throw. Whilst it’s not a match full of spots, it’s an intensely well fought one, with Money mixing things up with some suplexes and top rope manoeuvres. It lasts for 10:23 before Shamrock is able to lock in a sleeper hold that forces the referee to rule the match over as a result of submission.

O: 77 C: 66 M: 92

Frank Shamrock’s new gimmick (Legitimate Athlete) got a positive response

The fans get on their feet for the beginning of the next bout, a clash that will feature two men not unfamiliar to fans of the WWE. Ultimo Dragon is first out, the lightweight Japanese worker the clear fan favourite. Billy Kidman’s arrival is met with a pop initially, but he refuses Dragon’s pro-offered pre match handshake and gets the crowd against him.

Billy Kidman vs. Ultimo Dragon in the World Title Tournament

After the slow and hard hitting bout that precluded it, this clash is a welcome dose of fast paced, spot based wrestling. Both men make excellent use of their speed, but it is Billy Kidman who seems to have the upper hand due to his experience – constantly rolling away from high impact moves or blocking Ultimo’s more innovative offence. Some memorable spots include Kidman turning an attempted hurricanrana into a sit-out powerbomb for a two count, and Ultimo Dragon hitting a breath-taking top rope moonsault onto a standing Kidman. The match is intense and exciting for all of its seven minutes, with Dragon scoring a somewhat unexpected victory after he is able to hit the Asai DDT! As he celebrates his victory by standing atop the turnbuckle, Kidman gets to his feet and rushes up behind him – hitting him with a big suplex that has the crowd booing. He isn’t done, however, and goes up top – shooting star press! Billy Kidman has vented some frustration at his loss, and leaves to a chorus of boos from a hostile crowd.

O: 70 C: 57 M: 83

COMMERCIAL

We cut back from commercial for the entrance of Johnny Smith. The experienced grappler gets a rather indifferent response from the crowd, most of whom aren’t familiar with his indy work. The same cannot be said for the arrival of Ken Shamrock, one of the IWF’s most over stars. He makes his traditional entrance, full of intensity as he rushes down to the ring for the start of what should be the match of the night.

Ken Shamrock vs. Johnny Smith in the World Title Tournament

This match most definitely lives up to the expectations of the smart marks who have been anticipating it all week – with these two putting on the kind of match that rivals the work of Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle in their program together. It’s a wonderful demonstration of chain wrestling and countering, with some passages of reversals and counters featuring some truly mind-boggling combinations. Much like the earlier match between Frank Shamrock and EZ Money, this match has a very ‘pure’ feel to it – but is sprinkled with more traditional pro wrestling work such as a killer high release suplex from Ken Shamrock, and a trademark diving front dropkick from Smith. The fans rally behind Shamrock late in the piece, with Johnny Smith having applied a painful looking Boston crab in the centre of the ring. Shamrock rewards the crowd’s support by not only reaching the ropes – but immediately retaliating with a sickening head-butt followed by a fisherman’s suplex into a pin. 1-2-NO! Johnny Smith manages to kick out, but Shamrock seems to have found a second gear after his brush with defeat.

It’s got to be emphasised just how fine this match is. It’s up there with AJ Styles and Jamie Gibson’s effort on last week’s IWF Carnage, but for entirely different reasons. As stated, the spots are few and fare between, but every moment of this clash is crisp. The fans may support Shamrock, but they gain plenty of respect for the forty year old Smith as he wows them with his own technical prowess.

The remaining moments of this match are all Ken Shamrock, his intensity and power winning the crowd over to the point that, when he is able to lock in his dreaded ankle lock, they pop like crazy. Smith struggles to reach the ropes, but is eventually forced to submit. The world’s most dangerous man has scored a victory, and will progress to the next round of the tournament!

O: 84 C: 69 M: 100

COMMERCIAL

We return from commercial to see Lex Luger with the International title over his shoulder and a smug look on his face. He’s being interviewed by the stunning Ashley Massaro.

Ashley: Lex Luger, last week you overcame tremendous odds to become the first ever International Champion, which is an amazing honour. How do you feel?

Luger: Indifferent (Boos)

Ashley: Pardon?

Luger: I feel indifferent. Did you expect me to be surprised? Overjoyed? Little lady, I never doubted for a second that I would win this title. Winning it was no challenge for me, just a stepping stone towards my complete and utter domination of the IWF. My International Title run will be a prologue to my inevitable world championship run, and it won’t stop there. I intend to capture and hold every single championship this organization has to offer. I’ll beat Vampiro for his Hardcore Rules title, I’ll find myself a partner and claim the tag gold, and after I beat William Kidd in our match tonight – I’ll dominate my way through the tournament to be crowned World Champion.

Ashley: And the women’s title? (Pop from the crowd)

Luger: (Pauses as he tries to think of a response) Get the hell out of here!

74%

William Kidd is the first man to come out for the next match in the tournament. For those wondering, Kidd is a repackaged Billy Gunn, sporting a complete cowboy persona complete with hat and chaps. He sends a cheeky message to his former fans upon entry however, turning to present his ass to the fans before entering the ring.

Lex Luger vs. William Kidd in the World Title Tournament

Say what you will about the two workers, but they put on a real show for the fans. Both being recognised workers, they have the crowd interested from the opening tie up, which Luger wins and follows up with an elbow to Kidd’s back. Luger beats on Kidd for a while, earning plenty of heat from the crowd whenever he pauses to pose for them. He eventually takes it too far, and Kidd retaliates with an uppercut followed by a second rope dropkick. Cover, but the International champion is able to get his shoulder up. Kidd’s on the offensive now, and whips Luger into the corner before charging after him. Luger moves aside, sending Kidd into the turnbuckle, and then rolls him up schoolboy style. Kidd kicks out, and Luger pounds the mat in frustration.

The fans rally behind Kidd as this match continues, but it seems to no avail, Luger continually finding ways to halt his offence – whether it be pulling the referee in front of him or raking Kidd’s eyes whenever the referee isn’t paying close attention. Luger looks certain to claim victory when he sets William Kidd up for the Torture Rack (after getting in a low blow to ensure Kidd was incapacitated). He poses for a few moments, and the crowd pops as a figure appears at the top of the ramp. It’s SCOTT HALL! Hall doesn’t approach the ring, but points at Luger and runs his finger across his throat! Luger falters, and Kidd is able to drop off his shoulders, spin him around, kick him in the gut, and hit the Famouser! 1-2-3! Kidd has been given a victory with an assist from Scott Hall! Luger is infuriated, and rushes up the ramp to attack Hall. Both veterans brawl for a few moments, Kidd’s victory celebrations overlooked by the crowd.

O: 75 C: 78 M: 70

Stone Cold Makes a Ruling

Luger and Hall continue to brawl even after Kidd has left through the crowd celebrating. Glass shatters, and the crowd goes up as Stone Cold Steve Austin comes out to enforce order.

Austin: What the hell are you jack-asses doing? It’s like the food line at a retirement home watching you two old bastards have a big sissy fight out here. You’re interrupting my show!

Luger: He ruined my…

Austin: What? I see your lips moving, but all I can hear is a senior citizen bitching and whining like a ten year old girl! (Crowd pops) Now you two are going to go backstage, you’re going to sit down, and you’re going to take a moment to think. Then next week you’re going to drag your sorry asses out here and you’re going to have a match. It will be for your International Title, and if either of you lay a hand on the other before this match, I will personally put my foot right up your ass. Are we clear?

Luger: Mr. Austin, I hardly think it’s fair

Austin responds with a Stunner! The crowd are delighted. Hall applauds the move, and receives a Stunner of his own for his troubles. Steve Austin’s decision is made, and the two will face off next week!

Steve Austin lost overness from this segment

Raven Speaks

We return from a commercial to be greeted by absolute blackness. Suddenly a flame flickers into being, a candle, and we can make out the face of Raven. The flickering flame casts shadows over his face, and it’s never entirely visible. His eyes smoulder with intensity and hate.

Raven: Can you feel it? It’s in the air like the electricity that dances in the breeze before a storm. The lull is now, in the silence that lives and dies between each breath you draw. Sabu – you will be the first of a long list of people to fall to the Raven. Do not feel disheartened or belittled by what I am about to do to you – it’s not personal. I have been ignored or attacked my entire life, and so I choose to operate by my own laws. I am not controlled by the rules dictated by ordinary men – I operate under my own laws. The dominion of Raven begins tonight, when I beat Sabu and make one more step towards my destiny. Do not think me evil, or cruel, if my methods displease you. My purpose is beyond you. Do you think a cyclone or an earthquake is evil because it causes despair? No. Such things are inevitable side effects of power, and so too it is with me.

Quoth the Raven

The candle is smothered, and we’re once again pitched into darkness.

Raven vs. Sabu in a Hardcore World Title Qualifier

The fans mark out like crazy as Sabu makes his way out to the ring with a chair already in hand. Raven’s own entrance (to Tool’s ‘Schism’) draws a pop from the crowd as well, who mark out not only for his notoriety, but just because he’s an intriguing character. The match has a distinctly ECW feel about it as well – and the chant goes up on several occasions.

Things start out with straight brawling, Sabu disarmed of his chair early by a sharp kick to the gut and a DDT from Raven. It doesn’t take Raven long to bring a weapon into play either, dragging a coil of barbed wire out from under the ring and using it to choke Sabu. The blood starts to flow early, but Sabu is able to escape a potentially lethal situation by raking Raven’s eye and then hitting a spinning heel kick. He follows this up by blasting Raven twice with the chair, and then placing Raven’s arm beneath the chair. He climbs the top turnbuckle, but Raven has regained his footing and, as Sabu flies, he cracks him across the midsection with it. With Sabu momentarily down, Raven takes this opportunity to wrap the chair in barbed wire, and he smacks Sabu across the back with it as he stands up. The crowd go crazy, especially when Sabu ducks a second attempted blow, and manages to wrest the chair from Raven. He treats Raven to a blow directly to the head, and now both men are bleeding. Sabu hits a cradle suplex, and then places the chair on Raven’s head. He goes outside, collects another chair, and goes up top for the Arabian Facebuster! Surely he can’t do this! He flies, but once again Raven is able to move aside, the barbed wire wrapped chair thankfully (for Sabu) bumped aside. Still, Sabu has hurt himself with the suicidal move, and Raven is quick to capitalise, going back on the offensive by setting up a chair and then hitting a drop toe hold onto it.

The end to this bout, which is extreme without pushing the network’s sensibilities too far, comes with Raven hitting a drop toe hold onto the barbed wire wrapped chair, which has been used to excess in the previous few minutes of action. Sabu, blood already streaming from his face, is almost blind – and swings blindly at Raven as he stands. Raven easily evades the blow, and kicks Sabu hard in the stomach. THE RAVEN EFFECT! Raven drops Sabu’s head right onto the mat! Cover. 1-2-3! Raven has scored a victory after an epic, bloody encounter! The crowd give Sabu a standing ovation as he stumbles to his feet, whilst Raven makes a low key exit.

O: 79 C: 77 M: 82

Card Rundown (Overall quality 75%)

Aja Kong def Jazz – 66%

Vampiro def Terry Funk – 69%

Frankie Kazarian def. Jody Fleisch – 67%

Frank Shamrock def EZ Money – 77%

Ultimo Dragon def Billy Kidman – 70%

Ken Shamrock def Johnny Smith – 84%

Lex Luger Interview – 74%

William Ked def Lex Luger – 75%

Stone Cold, Hall, Luger Segment – 76%

Raven interview – 86%

Raven def Sabu – 79%

Edited by chriswalkerbush

IPB Image

IWF Invest in their Future

The International Wrestling Federation, fresh off a solid opening two weeks of business, have invested in some promising young talent to be trained up and taught to work IWF style at IWF Underground. Jardi Frantz, Scott D'Amore, Fabi Apache, Excalibur, and Mickie Knuckles have all joined an already strong developmental roster.

Results from IWF Underground show from North Charleston Coliseum

James Evans def. Jay Lethal

Excalibur and El Generico def Chad Collyer and Matt Stryker

Nigel McGuinness def Greg Pawluk

Ken Kennedy def Colt Cabana and J.R. Ryder to become Underground Champion

Nope, you shall never live down Luger as the champ, but if it makes you feel better, he's as bland in the diary as he is in real life so you've got the character down well. Vampiro as Hardcore Champ is cool with me but the match itself was kind of tame as you pointed out. E.Z Money and Frankie Shamrock deliver in their match. Good to see a bit of the Underground showcased as well in your diary.

Yeah - my problem with hardcore is that:

a). I've never been a fan of it outside ECW

b). My network has a relatively 'user friendly' risk level attached to it - so my matches can't be too bloody

c). I really dislike Terry Funk, and have no idea how to write his matches

With the permission of the Shrub himself, I present to you - THE ZE FACTOR!

IWF Carnage from the Georgia Dome, Atlanta

October 7th, 2005

- Joey Styles delivers his inaugural-show speech, and introduces Simon Inoki to the American public, who receives a reception of absolutely nothing. For everyone else, Inoki is the President of Big Japan Pro Wrestling. Big Japan…that’s some bad grammar. Anyway, the new announcing team give us at home a run-down of the best matches we can expect: AJ Styles and Jamie Gibson in a ladder match, for example.

Listen closely, and you can hear smarks all over the world creaming themselves…

- Taking the honour of the very first IWF segment in history is Bret Hart, who thankfully isn’t wearing his hot pink leotard tonight. Don’t get me wrong, I loved him as a wrestler, but it was more than a lot homoerotic to see him rolling around with another guy wearing pink. Since he’s wearing a suit, we can assume he’s doing an authority role, and he already makes a match to add to the card – D-Von Dudley (how long’s it going to be before he changes his name?) against none other than Sting. Not exactly anyone’s dream match, but hey, I can let that slide.

- Of course, he doesn’t get too far before he gets interrupted, and tonight it’s Petey Williams and Bobby Roode who do the honours. Roode has definitely improved since the last time I heard him talk, and he basically tells Hart that he’s a disgrace to Canada. Williams goes one better, and says that Hart was once his idol, but now was nothing more than ‘an old man with too much fake tan’. I must admit, he looks a sight more orange than he used to.

Still, Team Canada don’t get much longer as Sean O’Haire and Mark Jindrak come down to the ring and charge the Canadians. I must admit, I didn’t like either of the Americans in WCW, or WWE, and I don’t like them here. Team Canada fight back and we’ve got ourselves a scheduled impromptu match!

- IWF Tag Team Titles - Jindrak and O’Haire vs. Team Canada

Well colour me shocked – Jindrak and O’Haire have a good match for once in their life. They play the ‘big lumbering faces’ here, while Team Canada keep the match going their way by isolating one man and wearing him out with quick tags. However, the best spot of the match has to go to Sean O’Haire simply refusing to go over for the Canadian Destroyer, instead leaving Petey Williams hanging on his back and sitting out into a nasty Belly-Back Piledriver. Late on, Bobby Roode bails like a sissy and Mark Jindrak chases him around the ring, which is about the time me and a couple of other sitting near me starting 'singing' the Benny Hill theme tune.

Course, the image was a bit shattered when Roode hit Jindrak with a chair. Saying that, if Benny had been willing to get the tables once in a while, he could have been the world's greatest comedian. After all, nothing says comedy like seeing a guy get splattered, right? Anyway, back to the match - Roode hit Jindrak with the chair, O'Haire turned around, Williams rolled him up and as always, gets the three and the titles.

**: Not bad at all, but having Team Canada cheat in the very first match only really works if they're going to feud with Jindrak and O'Haire.

- World Title Tournament Match - DDP vs. Homicide

Homicide gets little to no reaction from the American fans, which seems strange considering he recently beat Austin Aries in their best of five series - the final match of which I gave an instant ***** and the biggest recommendation ever in the history of mankind - and the worrying thing is, the match is almost a total squash. I can understand that having DDP advance is better for the title, but surely Homicide should have gotten some offense. DDP nails the first Diamond Cutter in the IWF about six minutes in and pins Homicide, but Homicide gets his revenge afterwards with a sickening Cop Killa.

3/4*: Squash city, but a decent one at that. At least Homicide sold well.

- Once Homicide finished beating on a defenceless old man, he takes up the mike to say whatever he's about to say.

Then the crowd goes fucking apeshit as the sound of glass shattering interrupts him. When Stone Cold Steve Austin walks out onto the ramp, even I marked the fuck out. Stone makes like he's about to let Homicide goes, but doesn't and goes into ASS-WHOOPING MODE~! Homicide bails through the crowd, while Stone and DDP chug some beer as the commercial break starts.

- World Title Tournament Match - Mongo Vyle vs. Bob Sapp

Vyle is the repackaged Bubba Ray Dudley. If you want an image of him, think of the Godwinn brothers with just a smidge more talent. Anyway, Sapp starts off by stiffing the absolute fuck out of Vyle (and his little straw hat falls off - moment of silence for the hat...there) and at one point, hurls him right out of the ring with a fallaway slam. Mongo defers to his more primeval senses and grabs a tyre iron from under the ring, and you know this isn't going to end well for Sappy. True to form, Mongo clocks Sapp with it and lo and behold, the referee doesn't see it. Mongo Bomb, 1-2-3, and Mongo celebrated by hitting Sapp again with the tyre iron.

* 1/2: Eh match, really. The Mongo Vyle character isn't bad, but I thought Sapp would have been a better choice to advance. It does make sense to have Mongo go through, given that he's just gotten a new gimmick and all.

- World Title Tournament Match, Submissions Only - Samoa Joe vs. Vampiro

And damn, does this have the potential to be a great match. Vampiro may not be as young as he used to be, but he still has it. Vamp spends the entire match gunning for Joe's left leg, while Joe doesn't discriminate and blitzes Vamp throughout. On the whole, Vampiro's method works best as Joe begins to slip up time and time again. His knee gives when he tries to powerbomb Vamp, but Vamp isn't quite able to take the advantage, and is forced into the defensive. Despite the crowd's obvious allegiance to Joe , Vampiro claws his way back into it, slapping on an ankle lock and holding on for dear life.

In the traditional courageous face style though, Joe rolls out of the lock and sends Vamp into the ring-post, followed up by a Katahajame which even I'm feeling at this point. Vamp escapes, but it's only for a second as Joe plants him with an Island Driver and forces Vamp to tap out from a grounded armbar.

***1/2: A good match all round. The fans weren't into it until near the end which was a real pity, but Joe and Vamp complemented each other. Joe still sells the damage done to his leg by limping to the back afterwards.

- The crowd, fairly quiet up until now, go crazy as Sting comes out to with a mic, but not just ANY Sting; OLD-SCHOOL STING! Sting does a 'purist' shtick and praises Joe and Vampiro. He says he wants to be a part of that, with 'no run-ins, no weapons and no stupid gimmicks'. If the Stinger's still got it in him, I can't see this going wrong.

- World Title Tournament Match, Ladder Match - AJ Styles vs. Jamie Gibson

Styles is playing the 'Whole Damn Show' role here, while Gibson has shed his WWE 'trailer-park trash' look in favour of proper wrestling attire. I wouldn't have pictured Gibson being able to match Styles spot-for-spot, but he does and then some. They pretty well ensure that the crowd are going to be all cheered out for the next match by upping the bar. My personal favourite had Styles trap Gibson's arm in between two of the ladder's rungs, then leg drop the ladder from the announcer's table - Gibson sold it like he'd been shot, and rightly so.

Minutes later, Gibson proves that he's willing to die for his career - taking first a tornado DDT from the ladder, then an Electric Chair Drop. Then, right at the death, Styles and Gibson exchange blows at the top of the ladder and Gibson lets himself be Superplexed from the top of the ladder down to the floor - then Styles just ups the HOLY SHIT-ometer by hitting him with a twenty-foot corkscrew moonsault. Styles gets up and with Gibson pretty well incapacitated on the floor, takes the contract and wins the match.

****1/4: Excellent high-flying match. The only reason I don't want to give it the full five stars is the lack of story behind it and a slight lack of psychology (although Gibson sold the damage to his arm throughout). After the commercial break we see Gibson getting taken away on a stetcher.

- World Title Tournament Match - Sting vs. D-Von

A much shorter match than either Styles/Gibson or Joe/Vampiro, but still enjoyable. It's mostly a squash, as Sting dominates throughout, bringing out all of his trademarks. He finishes with a Stinger Splash, then the Scorpion Deathlock for the submission.

*: Squash, but a good, harmless one, and so I give it the top rating for a squash match.

- Backstage, Scott Steiner is with a couple of divas (who seem to enjoy caressing his steroid deposits) when Ashley Massaro, doing the interviewer thing, approaches him. He rips on Raven, Luger and Shamrock to some decent heat, and finishes by asking Ashley to oil him up. For the good of all mankind, Ashley says no.

- IWF International Title - Scott Steiner vs. Raven vs. Lex Luger vs. Ken Shamrock

Thankfully, this is a Four Corners match. Shamrock (who is the only face in the actual match, so you know it's not go end well for him) starts off with Steiner, who basically gets beaten on. Steiner tags in Luger, who starts posing and gets Germaned for two. Luger fakes a tag to Raven, then works over Shamrock's back until they catch one another with clotheslines. Raven gets pretty much rejected as they both crawl to Steiner's corner; Shamrock gets the tag, and Steiner hits some nasty chops on Luger, who quickly reddens. Raven blind-tags himself in, but gets bitch-slapped in short order as Steiner slaps on the Steiner Recliner. The crowd love it, and they cheer more when Shamrock gets in and fucking decapitates Steiner with a roundhouse to the head. I mean, I felt it. Nevertheless, Steiner shakes it and Cactus clotheslines Shamrock out of the ring.

Raven tags in Luger, who waits for the action outside to subside before interfering. Steiner lariats Shamrock, but Luger catches him as he gets back in the ring. Steiner no-sells his offense (which he has NO right to do - he's not the Undertaker, nor is he married to Murdoch's daughter) and lays Luger out. Raven gets tagged in, then whipped into the corner and blind-tagged out by Shamrock, who's now bleeding heavily. The crowd, who were already pretty hot, goes absolutely berserk as Shamrock slaps on the Ankle Lock on Luger.

Steiner and Raven both start kicking at Shamrock, but Shamrock (who's now IN THE ZONE~) refuses to let up. Raven dropkicks him, and Shamrock just owns him with a Butterfly DDT. Steiner goes back over the top when he misses a clothesline, and Shamrock has Luger on his own. Shamrock approaches Luger with hate in his eyes, but Luger pulls him face-first into the exposed turnbuckle. Luger gets the three despite Raven's late intervention, and just smiles as Carnage goes off the air.

**1/2 - Shamrock did well for being the only face in the match, as did Steiner and Luger. My only problem was that every time Raven got in the ring, he either got blind-tagged or beaten up.

Overall Rating - ***. A good, solid opener from the IWF here, and definitely one to find if you can.

Edited by ZeMapper

OOC; Sweet motherly shit (to take a quote from the book of Ze) - that was a kick ass read. Your coverage of the main event was better than what I managed, heh. It's really good to have something like this to read and go off - gives me an idea of where I stuffed up.

What was I thinking with Raven getting no offence? :P

Damn Zemapper for stealing my idea....okay he didn't steal it but I was going to do something like this....anyway...it's diaries like this that keep me entertained. I'm here almost every day hoping for an update from some of the good diaries and there aren't many still running but this is definitely one of them. This stuff is really good.

Tristan - If you wanted to do a column/report of your own, I'd dig it. What I want this diary to do is 'evolve' into something like a split diary. Already I've got two people working on booking and reporting on the IWF Underground, and any additional stuff you wanted to contribute would rock.

October 16 2005

I woke with a start. The phone was ringing. Looking at my alarm clock, I saw it was 4am. Who on earth would call me at 4am? Probably Mum and Dad calling from Australia to see how the show went. They're not getting coverage down there.

"Yeah?" I said, picking up and trying to hide the fogginess in my voice.

"Good show tonight". A voice I'd heard before, but who?

"Yeah, thanks. Sorry, but who am I talking to?"

"A friend"

Well, this just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

"Listen, kid, I don't think you know what you're getting yourself into here. Take it from me, running your own promotion in competition with the big boys is dangerous".

"Are you threatening me?" Irrational paranoia. He hadn't sounded threatening so far.

"Far from it, kid. I'm one of the few friends you've got around here".

"Go on"

"Not that he'd let on, but Mr. McMahon is more than a little worried by the competition. I'd be needlessly flattering you if I lied and said you're his biggest threat - I think we both know that 'Daddy' has the bigger show, right now. But if you keep going the way you are, the IWF might just spoil the Vince McMahon pride party that the WWE's become".

I'd like to pretend I thought the IWF was beating Fox Wrestling Empire, but we don't have their drawing power or their money. Despite my best intentions, we were already being labelled as an Indy federation due to our large roster of relative unknowns.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Let's just say I'm looking to secure my future. I scratch your back now, and if you ever do fulfill your potential and knock this empire down - I want to be spared"

The phone clicked, and all I got was dial tone. Who on earth had it been?

October 20th 2005

Miss Mona (aka Molly Holly) is out for seven months with a ripped bicep.

Homicide is gone for the remainder of the month with a damaged hand

In signing news, the WWE have gone a little crazy. They've hired Charles Wright, Justin Credible, and the Insane Clown Posse.

Damn, it is a shame to see those two go down. I'm a fan of both their work, but at least good old Vampiro is still around. HARDCORE CHAMP BABY!! Anyway, as for that review, I'll start mine after the next show, but I'll warn ya now just so it doesn't come as a shock, I'm going to try a humourous poke at the booking decisions..kind of like WHY LEX WHY: Another Boring title run.....Ahem

Anyway, as for that review, I'll start mine after the next show, but I'll warn ya now just so it doesn't come as a shock, I'm going to try a humourous poke at the booking decisions..kind of like WHY LEX WHY: Another Boring title run.....Ahem

IPB Image

Friday October 21st 2005

Venue: Dale F. Halton Arena, Charlotte

Joey: Hello once again, and welcome to what should be an absolute stellar episode of IWF Carnage! The World Title Tournament continues to heat up tonight, with three more huge match-ups!

Simon: And don’t forget, Joey, tonight we’ll also see Lex Luger and Scott Hall go at it in an old school battle for the International Title!

Joey: How could I forget? For those who were lucky enough to witness the tremendous clash between AJ Styles and Jamie Gibson two weeks ago – you’re in for a treat. Tonight the two square off once again in tag action. Styles is joined by Frankie Kazarian, whilst Gibson has the aid of British flier, Jody Fleisch!

Simon: Well, I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for….

BIG POPPA POMP IS YOUR HOOK UP, HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME!

Joey: And it looks like we’re getting an unscheduled appearance from Scott Steiner!

Simon: Business is about to pick up!

Scott Steiner makes his way out to the ring in his headdress and wrestling tights. The crowd boo him as he does his bicep kissing pose in the centre of the ring.

Steiner: This one goes to all my freaks out there. (Boos) You see, Freakzilla here isn’t content to sit in the back seat. Scott Steiner is the #1 attraction in the IWF, and it’s about damn time I started getting some recognition!

Joey: You have to earn recognition!

Steiner: (Having not heard Joey’s commentary call, obviously) Next week I take on Scott Hall (pop) in the World Title Tournament, and this week Freakzilla wants a little warm up. Is there anyone back there who has the balls to step into the ring with the genetic freak?

There’s a long pause, and then Sting’s music hits!

Sting: You want a match, Steiner? You’ve got one! Recognition isn’t something you can just come out here and demand. You have to earn it! Tonight I’ll give you that opportunity. It’s show time, folks!

91%

COMMERCIAL

We return from the break as Brian Lawler comes out to the ring. He’s essentially in his cocky heel mode, and plays it up as he waits for his opponent to come out. The crowd give a modest pop for hardcore veteran Terry Funk.

Brian Lawler vs. Terry Funk in the World Title Tournament

This match is slow, for the most part, with Funk’s more ponderous brawling style forcing Lawler to cut down on his more innovative offence. The fans are moderately receptive of it, but neither competitor really does much to win them over. After a short and largely forgettable match, Terry Funk scores a surprise victory after a hangman’s neckbreaker.

O: 68 C: 69 M: 69

Brian Lawler somehow gained overness from this match

The crowd pops as we cut to a backstage segment. Bret Hart is in his office, and there’s a mad pop for him. He’s shuffling some papers when Stone Cold Steve Austin flings the door open, and there’s a huge pop for him. Two legends in one shot.

Bret: Steve, what can I do for you?

Austin: Don’t give me that desk lip service, you jack-ass. Come here and shake Stone Cold Steve Austin’s hand.

There’s a moment of tense anticipation, before Hart cracks a smile and offers his hand. The two shake hands.

Bret: What did you want?

Austin: I’m thinking maybe Luger needs to be taken down a peg or two. If Hall doesn’t get the job done, however about we make a match for IWF Inception?

Bret: Any suggestions?

Austin: I was thinking maybe we through Lex Luger in a steel cage with the winner of a special battle royale next week.

Bret: I like it

Austin: And I think a match that big needs a special guest referee. Any ideas who could do a job like that?

Bret: Yeah. I was thinking, you need somebody violent and crazy. A beer-swilling Texan son of a bitch with a foul mouth and a short temper.

Austin: Well, my mother’s busy, but I guess I can stick my hand up.

Bret: Excellent

Next out are Team Canada, the tag champions booed heavily as they come out sporting a Canadian flag and the tag straps.

Roode: I don’t think you Americans know how to treat winners. Here’s a quick tip: You cheer for them. I don’t blame you for not knowing, though. I mean, just look at the Hornets. What did they get last year? 18-64? You’ve been raised watching losers!

Williams: Uh, Bobby, actually – they relocated to New Orleans…

Roode: Wow, that’s a step up from Charlotte, I guess.

Williams: Even now (Huge heat)

Roode: The fact remains, you need to be taught how to treat winners. So, here’s Team Canada’s Three Step Plan Towards Better Supporting Winners.

Williams: Step #1

Roode: Cheer for them whenever you see them

Williams: Step #2

Roode: Recognise that, though they’re better than you, you shouldn’t be afraid to aspire to be more like them (Boos)

Williams: Step #3

Roode: And finally……. Try not to be too sad when they realise they’re big fish in a small pond and get the hell out of North Carolina! (More boos)

Jindrak & O’Haire vs. Team Canada © for the IWF World Tag Titles

The fans are really into this clash, chanting for Jindrak and O’Haire largely out of hate for Team Canada – who did a great job of alienating each and every local in the audience. Jindrak and O’Haire start off in control, using their superior size and strength to virtually destroy Bobby Roode with suplexes, clotheslines, and a gruesome looking Window Maker from O’Haire that gets the crowd going. O’Haire covers, but Williams is able to break the pinfall. For his trouble, he cops a dropkick from Jindrak, who then tosses him out of the ring unceremoniously.

Things continue on in this fashion, with Jindrak & O’Haire in firm control but Team Canada constantly evading defeat through interference. The end comes with Petey Williams in the ring against Jindrak, who has just missed an attempted flying crossbody. Williams whips him hard into the corner before following through with a clothesline. He then sets Jindrak up tree of woe style and does his signature move of standing on the opponent’s crotch and singing ‘O, Canada’. The fans boo it like crazy, but go nuts as O’Haire rushes in and gives Williams a modified powerbomb from his standing position. Before he can do further damage, however, Roode rushes across and cracks him across the back with a hockey stick. As Jindrak comes out of the corner, Roode hits him across the face with it as well! The referee calls for the DQ, but Team Canada aren’t done. They thread the hockey stick between Jindrak’s legs and grab an end each – crushing his groin as they lift the stick and Jindrak off the ground. O’Haire recovers, and Team Canada make a swift exit from the ring before he can get a measure of revenge.

O: 74 C: 64 M: 85

Jindrak and O’Haire both debuted their new gimmicks

COMMERCIAL

We return from a break as BG James makes his IWF debut to a solid response from the crowd. He, sadly, isn’t in his famous New Age Outlaws/DX gear. Once he gets to the ring there is a long pause, followed by the sound of ravens. Raven comes out to a heated response from the crowd.

Raven vs. BG James

This will, without a doubt, go down as ones of James’ best matches. The chemistry between the former New Age Outlaw and the outcast Raven is simply amazing. James’ over the top, face optimism is nicely countered by the dark, brooding style of Raven. The clash starts off with James offering a handshake, jokingly retracting it, and then attempting to pat Raven on the back to explain it was a joke. Raven doesn’t see the lighter side, and immediately begins to beat on James. As far as matches go, this is a fairly standard brawl, with no especially memorable spots. What makes it a good match is the way the two are almost an allegory for the popular jock (BG James) and the misunderstood outcast. James gets the crowd cheering when he’s able to hit Shake, Rattle ‘n Roll – but Raven kicks out on two. The end comes with Raven hitting the Raven Effect out of nowhere for the 1-2-3. He again does not celebrate his victory, and instead heads immediately for the back.

O: 80 C: 77 M: 83

Once BG James has departed the ring, the crowd get their first sight of Sonny Siaki, who is making his debut. For the most part the fans are indifferent to him, not being aware of his considerable talents. Out next is a repackaged Rico Constantino, who is virtually unrecognisable. His trademark sideburns and hair are gone, and a standard buzz-cut replaces it. He wears a tight khaki singlet and camouflage pants, with dog tags around his neck. Essentially, he looks the part of a young, cocky army private.

Sonny Siaki vs. Cobra Constantino in the World Title Tournament

Whilst the fans are fairly unresponsive to these two workers, the match itself is a remarkably competitive display of technical wrestling and old fashioned brawling. Siaki wins them over quite quickly with his hard hitting offence, whilst Constantino displays his heelish tendencies when he continually poses arrogantly following a particularly solid piece of offence. After hitting a Cobrasault (moonsault) for a near fall, Cobra even goes so far as to offer Siaki a hand up, only to knock him right back down with a lariat. Cobra dominates for a solid period following this, including twice attempting (and narrowly missing) the Cobra Kick (Spinning leg lariat). When he attempts a second Cobrasault he’s gone a bridge too far, Siaki rolling aside. From here, Siaki is able to capitalise on Constantino’s early cockiness – and eventually picks up a crowd pleasing victory with the Siakalypse Now.

O: 72 C: 62 M: 83

Sonny Siaki gained overness

COMMERCIAL

PRIMTIME! ‘Primetime’ Elix Skipper comes out to a fairly positive reaction from the crowd, but it’s the arrival of former WWE star Charlie Haas that gets the larger face pop. It’s a good guy vs. good guy battle here.

Charlie Haas vs. Elix Skipper in the World Title Tournament

Despite the obvious qualities of the two workers involved, this clash is the worst of the evening so far, only average in the eyes of most. Skipper gets off a few memorable spots, but Haas’ intensity and focus allows him to basically dominate this one. He eventually makes Skipper tap out to the Haas of Pain, and then helps his opponent to his feet afterwards.

O: 71 C: 67 M: 75

The most heat goes to AJ Styles upon his arrival, but the equally cocky Kazarian doesn’t do anything to endear himself to the crowd either. Gibson gets a big face pop as he comes out, whilst Fleisch gets some scattered praise, but nothing to write home about.

AJ Styles and Frankie Kazarian vs. Jamie Gibson and Jody Fleisch

This isn’t the instant classic that Styles and Gibson’s ladder match was on the first ever episode of IWF Carnage, but it’s an enjoyable enough spot-based clash between four very accomplished fliers. The bulk of the work for the babyface team is handled by Fleisch, who is dominated early by Styles, but manages to regain control against Kazarian – the man who knocked him out of the World Title Tournament last week. The crowd even begins a short lived ‘Jody’ chant after he hits a mind blowing Phoenix Splash into a cover. Styles is there to break it up, but Jamie Gibson gets the crowd going as he enters and the two cruisers slug it out in the centre of the ring. Meanwhile, Kazarian has capitalised on the referee’s split focus and punted Fleisch in the crotch before hitting the Wave of the Future. Cover, but somehow Fleisch is able to get a shoulder up at the last second.

Kazarian continues to beat on Fleisch for a while longer, before Fleisch is somehow able to momentarily halt the tide with the breathtaking 720 DDT! The fans go crazy as Fleisch crawls towards his corner and Kazarian lays stunned in his. The tag is made, and Gibson immediately comes off the top rope with a leg drop. Cover for two before Styles breaks the pinfall attempt. He then treats Gibson to a Cliffhanger, and drags Kazarian across for the cover.

1 2 Kickout!

Gibson gets a shoulder up, much to Kazarian’s despair. He then goes on a brief domination of the weakened and tired Kazarian before tagging out to Fleisch, who gets his largest babyface pop of the night. Again, his youthful exuberance goes too far, and after botching a spring legged moonsault – he gives Kazarian the opportunity to tag in Styles. The immensely experienced and talented former TNA star dominates Fleisch, hitting both the Starmaker and the Styles Suplex Special much to the crowd’s despair. He then goes up top for the Spiral Tap and covers. Gibson rushes across to break it up, but is met with a clothesline from Kazarian. Styles and Kazarian tough out a win in this thrilling match.

O: 75 C: 65 M: 85

COMMERCIAL

BIG POPPA POMP IS YOUR HOOK UP, HOLLER IF YA HEAR ME!

Scott Steiner comes out to a hostile reception from the crowd. Sting is out next in his traditional old school attire, and the fans lap it up as he rushes down to the ring and immediately begins brawling with Steiner.

Sting vs. Scott Steiner

This clash isn’t going to win a match of the year nomination, but the fans love it – chanting for Sting virtually from start to finish. It’s not a one sided squash from Sting, either, with Steiner using his own strength to keep the Stinger from getting too far ahead. A series of big clotheslines and chops have Sting reeling, and he follows this up with a pair of overhead belly to belly suplexes followed by a cover for two. The fans pop like crazy when Sting gets a shoulder up. Steiner continues to dominate with the power game, and it looks bad for Sting when he hits the Steiner Flatliner and goes for the cover. Again, the tenacious veteran is able to kick out. Steiner loses his temper and kicks the turnbuckles in anger, allowing Sting to get to his feet. Steiner turns around into a DDT – and as a result both men are down as gasping for air. Steiner is first to his feet, and hits his trademark elbow drop with push-ups, but as he gets to his feet to celebrate – Sting jumps to his feet and hits the Scorpion Death Drop! The crowd go nuts as Sting turns to them, points to the turnbuckle, and asks if they want to see a frogsplash. He goes up top, pauses a moment, and hits it! The crowd goes crazy as he covers. 1-2-3! Sting wins it, and Steiner is furious. He attacks Sting from behind as he celebrates on the turnbuckle, hitting a superplex on the six time former WCW champion! He then lays the boot into the fallen Sting, and it doesn’t look like we’ve seen the last of this!

O: 83 C: 88 M: 73

The crowd gives a pop as we find Scott Hall backstage with IWF interviewer, Ashley Massaro.

Ashley: Scott Hall, you could make a dream ‘debut’ in the IWF if you beat Lex Luger ton….

Hall: Wait a minute there pretty lady. I want to say a few words.

Ashley: Uh… sure….

Hall: Hey, yo (huge pop) Scott Hall here coming to the whole wide world live from Charlotte, North Carolina (pop) You’re asking me about my match with Luger tonight? I’ll let you in on a little secret sweet thing – Scott Hall is here for the long haul. I’m starting it all up tonight with a win over Lex Luger, and it’ll continue on through the World Title Tournament right to the gold at the end. Luger, I know you’re back there watching and combing what remains of your hair, and I’ve got a message for you. Survey says: Scott Hall to become International Champion tonight. You can count on that, chico.

(If only I believed he’d be around for the long haul)

Lex Luger © vs. Scott Hall for the IWF International Championship

Predictably, this match is the worst of the evening from a match quality standpoint, with even Hall’s formidable brawling skills diminished by the presence of Lex Luger. Still, it’s got its moment of being truly enjoyable, with Luger playing the cowardly heel to perfection. Hall basically dominates the clash, getting the crowd going with his taunts and a Snap-Ab Suplex for a near fall midway through the piece. Luger’s only real offence comes in the form of thumbs to the eye, cheap shots when Hall is distracted, and one rather feeble looking belly to back suplex. In typical heel fashion, however, Luger is somehow able to steal a victory despite Hall being in firm control. There’s no sign of the Insider Edge, but after an inadvertent ref bump from hall – Luger plants a field goal style punt between Hall’s legs. The referee turns around in time to see Luger fall atop Hall for the pinfall victory. He doesn’t remain behind after the match either, escaping the ring just in time to avoid a beating at Hall’s hands.

O: 74 C: 77 M: 70

The third ever episode of IWF Carnage goes off the air with Scott Hall in the ring, yelling at a fleeing Lex Luger.

Card Rundown (Overall quality 76%)

Steiner and Sting Book a Match: 91

Terry Funk def Brian Lawler: 68

Hart and Austin Plot: 85

Jindrak & O’Haire def Team Canada: 74

Raven def BG James: 80

Sonny Siaki def Cobra Constantino: 72

Charlie Haas def Elix Skipper: 71

AJ Styles & Frankie Kazarian def Jamie Gibson and Jody Fleisch: 75

Sting def Scott Steiner: 83

Scott Hall Interview: 76

Lex Luger def Scott Hall: 74

IPB Image

Preview for October 28th 2005

Scott Steiner vs. Scott Hall in the World Title Tournament

Match-ups don't come much bigger than this, with two legends locking horns in what should go down as an unforgettable brawl.

'The American Dragon' Bryan Danielson vs. Petey Williams in the World Title Tournament

One of the world's premier technical workers has his work cut out for him here. Wrestling Petey Williams means he's also working against his Team Canada partner, Bobby Roode.

Plus the round of sixteen kicks into gear with two huge matches! Mongo Vyle clashes with William Kidd in the battle of ex tag team legends, whilst Frankie Kazarian takes on Frank Shamrock in a clash that's bound to have the fans on the edges of their seats

We'll also see Jamie Gibson up against Frankie Kazarian and the ten man battle royal to decide who gets a shot at Lex Luger's IWF International Title at IWF Inception!

Current Card for IWF Inception

Lex Luger vs. ?? (Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin)

Lex Luger has his work cut out for him as he makes his first PPV title defence against whoever is man enough to overcome nine opponents to get this far. Can he cheat his way to victory with the Rattlesnake calling the shots?

Samoa Joe vs. Ken Shamrock in the World Title Tournament

Two gifted submission and mat wrestlers will do battle in what will almost certainly be a career threaning clash for the loser.

Team Canada vs. Jindrak & O'Haire in a Ladder Match

The rivallry between the IWF's two hottest tag teams continues to build, and when you add ladders to the mix, it's a recipe for chaos

Raven vs. Diamond Dallas Page in the World Title Tournament

Two of the biggest names in the business, and they're locking horns for the right to progress to the quarter finals for the World Title. The winner of this must surely be the favourite for the tournament.

Aja Kong vs. Madusa vs. Lioness Asuka vs. Gail Kim for the IWF Women's Title

Three ex WWE Women's champions will feature in this bout, a tribute to the depth of women's wrestling in the IWF.

IPB Image

IWF Swoop on Copani

The International Wrestling Federation have swooped on recently released WWE talent, Mark Copani, better known to fans as the controversial Muhammed Hassan. With Sean Daivari already on the books, the internet is already abuzz with talk that the IWF is planning to resurrect WWE's ground breaking and much maligned 'Arab American' angle. Sources at the IWF have chosen not to comment on the rumours.

Workers Unhappy with Luger?

The buzz out of the IWF dressing room is that several of the younger workers are unhappy with Lex Luger being selected as the man to hold the International Title. Luger, once world renowned, is now considered too old to hold a title as prestigious as the International strap.

Fox Wrestling Empire's First PPV

For those who missed Fox Wrestling Empire's triumphant entry into the world of wrestling PPV, you missed a hell of a show. The show did a 0.97 buyrate and drew a crowd of almost 12,000.

FWE: Against All Odds Results

Hulk Hogan defeated Randy Savage and Jeff Jarrett to retain the Fox World Title

Mike Tyson defeated Kevin Nash after a Goldberg heel turn

Rhyno and Road Warrior Animal defeated Jerry Lynn and Ron Killings to become FWE Tag Champions

Vader defeated Jim Duggan to remain FWE US Champion. After the bout, his final before retirement, he passed the belt on to Duggan

Christopher Daniels defeated Maven Huffman to become #1 US contender