International Wrestling Federation

Chris the Human

The Brutal View

By Tristan Kancer

Just got back from the newest IWF show, where they had everything. I mean there was booze, blood and bitches. Okay, there was no booze....or blood....but there was one bitch in front of me who wouldn’t sit down so I lit her hair on fire. Nobody gets between me and my IWF, that’s just how much I love me some IWF.

Anyway, To open the show we get an announcement involving the matches for tonight, making a tag team match between AJ Styles and Frankie Kazarian taking on James Gibson and Jody Fleisch. Should be a good match even if I don’t know much about Fleisch, I’ve had the pleasure of seeing the other three and they’ll be sure to put on a nice show for the world.

And just like that, the show takes a turn for the worst as Big Poppa Pump heads to the ring. We all know why they call him Poppa, and it has nothing to do with his Daddy complex. He’s been doing the same tired schtick since early 2000 and he doesn’t change it here as he attempts to hype up the match with Scott Hall. Didn’t somebody tell IWF bookers that mixing pills with alcohol is never a good thing. One of these guys could end up dead....and nobody would care. Steiner decides to do an open challenge and....

Thank god he’s interrupted by Sting who at least, some people still care about. Sting agrees to help Steiner look good for at least one more match, and the fans eat it up. Okay, so the marks here still care about Steiner but those with any brains realize his best years are behind him. Sting stayed quite healthy throughout his career so he can still go.

Now we’ve got our first match, which just happens to be Brian Lawler and Terry Funk. Now who’s looking for Terry to give this kid the beating he deserves. Lawler gains points just for being in the ring with a man like Terry Funk. Since when did beating up senior citizens count as a sport? If that’s the case then I’m champion of my block for stealing that old man’s walker last week. This match doesn’t really go anywhere, and is quite short when Terry hits a hangman’s neckbreaker on Lawler and picks up the victory. Old Funker is lucky he never knocked his own shoulder out of joint, not even milk can save those bones.

Hart, Austin, backstage, this can never be good. Oh wait, they’re friendly. Guess we’re supposed to forget all the wars they had on WWE television. Bret’s even taking suggestions for matches now? What the hell is wrong with this picture? Well, apparently they don’t have anyone better to talk about then Lex Luger and throwing him in a cage with the winner of next week’s battle royal. What battle royal and why haven’t I heard about this? Anyway, here’s to hoping whoever it is beats Luger. Come on Mikey Rotundo. Austin becomes the ref of that match after making a momma joke, but it was about his own so that’s okay.

OH MY GOD, Team Canada with some cheap heat. Why oh why do they make fun of Charlotte. Charlotte has so much, like........Ric Flair, and......okay I’m lost, let’s get back to the interview. I agree with the three rules on how to treat a winner, but come on guys, Charlotte isn’t used to having winners in their presence.

Oh look, they’re going to do more then talk. They’ve got a tag title match against the team they beat last week, after cheating I might add, but that’s how we Canadians do it, we cheat, but we win. Gruelling battle here as the teams exchange a some high impact moves including a sick looking Widow Maker from O’Haire and the fans are eating this up. Holy crap, look at that, I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out in the middle of it. Nevermind, that’s just Team Canada with the hockey sticks, and how exactly do you hide that from a ref? Answer, you don’t which is why O’Haire and Jindrak picked up the win. Jindrak showed a bit of personality in this one but it still didn’t get him anywhere, except the emergency room with some sore nuts.

Oh You Didn’t Know.....Neither did BG James who makes his first appearance in IWF here sans his usual attire. I’m not quite sure what you’d call what he’s wearing, but at least it’s something because a naked Road Dog is not something I want to see. His opponent for the night is Raven who is quite upset after last weeks match. Many were talking about Raven’s lack of effort but he decides to make up for it here tonight as he doesn’t take too kindly to the handshake joke by James and completely decimates the former Outlaw. Back and forth brawl between the two before James pulls out his old “Shake Rattle and Roll” for a two count. James looks like he’s heading for the win when he gets hit out of nowhere with a devastating Evenflow. Nobody saw that coming, least of all James who’s pinned and sent home on the losing end in his debut. Not sure that’s the way to debut someone like James but against Raven, is there any other way?

Wow, we’re heading straight to the next match as the two previous competitors clear the ring. Sonny Siaki, outstanding athlete in his own right makes his way to the ring. Anyone find him a bit bland after watching him in TNA? There is no questioning his talent but he needs something, a personality maybe. All hail the sidebu-wait, what have they done to Rico?!! Where are the side burns? The flamboyant gay behaviour. Guess the couple of months in the military shaped him up. Nice technical battle early on with Siaki getting the fans behind him with some high impact moves. Rico, erm, Cobra shows some aerial ability as he hits a moonsault but misses a spinning leg lariat. Second moonsault misses and a Siakalypse Now spells the end for R-I-C-O.

It’s PRIMETIME BABY!! And it appears that we have another match. What happened to the backstage stuff? Oh how I miss you now. But it’s okay because Primetime is taking on the Charlie Horse, erm Chalie Haas. Wow, this match could have been so much better but a few blown spots on the part of Skipper had Haas trying to make up for his mistakes and finally just giving up, finishing the match off with his Haas of Pain. Haas helps up his opponent and I’m hollering at him from ringside to spike him but of course not, we get sportsmanship instead. Stupid sportsmanship.

Yet another match, I’m getting all matched out here. Nevermind, edge of seat meet butt because it’s time for the big tag team match. Apparently these fans don’t like the pure talent of Styles. Okay, maybe it’s his cocky attitude but when you’re as good as he is, you’re allowed to be cocky. So we’ve got a match where “The Future” teams with the present and Kazarian looks happy to be here, as well he should. Gibson and Fleisch get the face pop, Gibson moreso than Fleisch but they get an ok reaction. Fleisch is dominated in the beginning by the two heels. Slugging competition between Gibson and Styles while Kazarian goes for a field goal with Fleisch before hitting his “Wave Of The Future. Fleisch gains my respect, first with his Phoenix splash in the corner earlier in the match and then this huge ass 720 DDT. I’ve never seen someone spin that much since I put my brother in the waster during the spin cycle. Don’t worry, he’s okay but he has to wear a nametag now to remember who he is. Knoble might need one after that cliffhanger. Two count. Knoble dominates until he tags out a bit prematurely if you ask me. Kazarian takes the same chance to tag out and Styles comes in, completely dominating Fleisch with his usual spots including his Spiral Tap which picks up the win for his time. Kazarian takes out Knoble as the heels escape with the victory. Not as thrilling as the ladder match from last week but it was a nice showcase of the four men’s skills.

Refreshment break during commercial and they’ve got vendors passing out t-shirts in which I purchase a Lex Luger t-shirt. :pervert: WHAT?!! Now we’re back to the sounds of a siren which can mean only one thing....it’s Steiner Time.....

Steiner and Sting both get nice reactions seeing as they’re a couple of the most well known men in this company. Most of the early match has the fans chanting “Sting” after every move. Steiner manages to keep this from being another squash match using his strength to keep Sting flying. Several belly to belly release suplexes get a two count for Steiner. Power game keeps Sting down and the fans booing as Steiner continues to dominate. Brief period where both men are down but then Steiner lights the game up with his trademark pose elbowdrop, making sure to do some push up’s after. Unfortunately for him Sting is back to his feet quicker then Steiner and SCORPION DEATH DROP!! It’s over, It’s over, wait, what is Sting doing? Channelling the spirit of the undead Eddie Guerrero, Sting hits a frogsplash. What the hell?!! It gets the three count and the fans are loud. Steiner is pissed and he lets them know it when he attacks Sting, leaving him down. BOO, you’re freaking right boo, we just saw Sting do a new move and Steiner ruined the celebration. Cheap heat.

Finally, after all this time and we get some backstage happenings. Scott Hall, even when drunk pulls off a better promo then most of the guys around today. Golden on the mic as he tears into Lex Luger, mentioning that he’s going to take the title. Nobody in their right mind would give Hall the belt. He’d pawn it for beer money. But it’s okay to talk about it, because Hall can do that. All I have to say about this promo is “Hey Yo”. God that never gets old with me.

Now we get the main event. If you went into this match hoping for a technical masterpiece then you should have been shot before you walked into the door. I went into it just glad to see Hall, and hoping maybe we’d get a quick title change. Well, I saw Hall. Hall dominates, hitting his Snap Ab Suplex to cheers from the fans. He stumbles around a bit, leaving me to wonder if he was actually drunk during this match. Luger, like the usual cheating heel, plays football with Hall’s balls (hehe) and that gets the WIN!! What the hell is this. Well, if someone kicked me in the balls that hard I’d be crying for some help so I can see it. Luger is quick to get out of there when Hall gets up to his feet and that’s where the show ends.

Well, that was worth the admission, if I hadn’t snuck in. Damn, cops are here to talk about the woman who sat in front of me. She just spontaneously combusted, I swear. Well, before they take me, let’s discuss the pros and cons of this show.

Pros:

Raven Takes His Manhood Back After Last Weeks Disaster

Scott Hall On The Mic Shall Always Be Gold

Styles/Gibson rock the kazba...not sure what a Kazba is but they rocked it...not to mention their partners.

Cons:

Hall, Luger, Funk, Sting, Steiner-Is there enough prune juice to go around for these geriatrics

Not enough backstage stuff. Makes me wonder if they were having a party that we weren't invited to.

Hart/Austin interaction, the only time I want to see these guys together is when they’re beating the hell out of each other.

Hope this didn't come out as crap as I think it might have.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I liked it, mate. You're the Scotsman to ZeMapper's Scott Keith. It's good to have two review columns, but both with very different styles.

Your desire for backstage segments is duly noted ;)

IPB Image

Friday October 28th 2005

Venue: Robins Centre, Richmond

Joey: We’re in a packed out Robins Centre right here in Richmond Virginia for IWF Carnage tonight! The fans have come out in full force to voice their support of the innovative style we’re promoting, and they’re here tonight to witness events leading into our triumphant pay-per-view debut, IWF Inception!

Simon: Fans have been flooding IWF HQ with emails and letters saying how much they love the show, and we’ve got another thrilling one for you tonight! The final two matches of round one World Title Tournament action conclude…

Joey:…and we see two matches from round two including Frank Shamrock locking horns with Frankie Kazarian and fan favourite William Kidd up against Mongo Vyle!

Simon: Strap yourselves in folks, IWF Carnage is about to rock your world!

The crowd pops as the first face to appear on IWF Carnage is none other than Sting, the popular veteran seen backstage strapping up and preparing for a match tonight. The door to his dressing room is kicked open, and Raven enters to an equally loud amount of heat.

Raven: Your days are numbered, old man. If you do manage to get to the final of the World Title tournament, you will undergo a transformation. It won’t be old school Sting, nor will it be mysterious Sting. After I finish with you, it will be ‘retiring’ Sting. Quoth the Raven.

Sting doesn’t say a word, but stares Raven down until the outcast leaves.

88%

We cut back to the ring, where the crowd start booing as Petey Williams and his Team Canada team-mate Bobby Roode make their way down to the ring. Williams waves the Canadian flag above his head whilst Roode has a hockey stick over his shoulder. They don’t speak this week, and Petey goes straight to his corner. Next out is American Dragon Bryan Danielson, who gets a solid pop despite never having achieved any level of fame in the WWE.

Petey Williams vs. Bryan Danielson in the World Title Tournament

Fans may not like Williams’ persona, but he won a few over in this memorable bout. Danielson, of course, is already renowned for his ability to work a flawless match – but he and Williams pull out all the stops in this astonishing display of technical wrestling and speed work. Danielson works ruthlessly on Williams’ legs, taking them out with impact manoeuvres and painful submission holds, but Bobby Roode’s presence at ringside allows Williams to twice evade an early loss. In a remarkably exciting twelve minute match, Danielson dominates without ever looking comfortable. Things go awry when Williams attempts Canadian Destruction, but Danielson somehow manages to get out of harm’s way and lock in Cattle Mutilation! The crowd go crazy as they witness the devastating submission hold first hand, but Bobby Roode intervenes, cracking the hockey stick across Danielson’s midsection. The referee calls for the disqualification, but Roode continues to work on Danielson with the hockey stick. He swings, American Dragon ducks, and then steps into his swinging arc to hit him with a full nelson slam. He’s locked in Cattle Mutilation on Roode now! The fans go crazy as Williams bails from the ring, and Roode is sent after him by a fired about American Dragon. Bryan Danielson advances to the round of sixteen where he’ll face a tough ask – taking on Terry Funk!

O: 76 C: 57 M: 96

We’re backstage again, and the old school fans pop as we see Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan walking down the halls backstage. He has a sense of purpose about him as he approaches a door and knocks. A voice tells him to come in, and he does so. As the shot fades we can clearly make out that he’s just entered Frank Shamrock’s dressing room. What is the Brain hatching?

81%

COMMERCIAL

We return from the break as Frankie Kazarian makes his way down to the ring, playing to the crowd and generally being a cocky heel. When he gets to the ring he gestures for a mike.

Frankie: (Aside) Where are we tonight? (Boos) Oh, that’s right, Virginia (this gets a small local pop). Well, I’d love to say it was a pleasure to be here, but the Franchise doesn’t see anything appealing about Richmond. I look out over this crowd and I see a sea of no hopers and failures. Not a single one of you is worthy of being franchised! (Boos) But I’m a generous guy, so despite you being clearly below me, I’m going to let you stay and watch me take apart Frank Shamrock in our match. Let it never be said that the Franchise doesn’t care for the little people.

The crowd pop as Kazarian’s ego is reigned in by the arrival of Frank Shamrock and Bobby ‘The Brain’ Heenan. Shamrock doesn’t waste any time, sprinting straight down to the ring and tackling Kazarian to the ground. Heenan takes more time, and eventually settles down on commentary to provide insight into the match.

Frankie Kazarian vs. Frank Shamrock in the World Title Tournament

Like the match before it, this clash perfectly demonstrates the technical abilities of both workers. Kazarian, who showcased his high flying style more in his earlier tournament victory against Ultimo Dragon, reverts to a more mat based style to cover the MMA trained Frank Shamrock. Shamrock starts off with the upper hand due to his surprise attack, and backs Kazarian into a corner with stiff kicks and chops. The referee pulls Shamrock out of the corner after the five count, and Kazarian capitalises by flicking him in the eye and hitting a snapmare into a grounded sleeper. Shamrock arches out of it, spins, and hits a pinfall fisherman’s suplex for two. Heenan, throughout this, is talking about Shamrock as a future world champion, and the best pure wrestler in the world.

The pin broken, Kazarian is quick to roll to the outside, luring Shamrock out after him. In typical heelish fashion, Kazarian slides right back into the ring, and upon Shamrock’s re-entry, lays into him with kicks. Hard whip to the corner, which he follows up with a high dropkick. He drags a dazed Shamrock to his feet and signals for the Wave of the Future, but Shamrock fights out of a dangerous situation with elbows to the side of the head, followed by a Jujitsu takedown. He pounces on Kazarian with a painful looking leg trap arm hook (which Heenan calls the Shamrock Stretch). Kazarian looks to be in a world of pain here, and some of the fans can feel it in his pained cries. It looks set to be a submission victory to Shamrock, but somehow Kazarian is able to get loose of the hold and roll to the outside. A ten count is begun, but Kazarian struggles back into the ring on nine. Shamrock is immediately back on him, raining blows on him and beating him into the corner. Again the referee is forced to call Shamrock off.

Joey: Wait a minute! Ref! Kazarian’s got a set of brass knuckles!

The referee, unable to hear Styles, continues the match. Shamrock immediately goes back to work on Kazarian, who is able to get Shamrock into a chinlock. With the hold applied, Kazarian slips the knuckles on and delivers a painful blow to Shamrock, who immediately drops to his knees. His attack obscured by Shamrock’s body, Kazarian discards the knuckles and hits the Wave of the Future. 1-2-3! Kazarian steals a win against Frank Shamrock!

O: 75 C: 65 M: 86

Bobby Heenan leaves commentary in disgust, going down to the ring and berating Kazarian. Kazarian looks momentarily abashed, and then slaps the legendary commentator and manager! Heenan looks appalled, and retaliates with a punch! The crowd go crazy as Heenan wails on Kazarian, who eventually regains control by giving Heenan drop-toe hold into the corner. Shamrock’s too his feet! Kazarian is so busy mocking Heenan that he doesn’t notice until it’s too late! Shamrock locks in the Cross Armbreaker! The crowd go crazy as Kazarian taps out and security arrives to drag Shamrock off.

COMMERCIAL

Returning from a break, we’re taken into a dressing room, where two men with long blonde/brown hair are looking into a mirror. Their faces are obscured by the positioning of the camera in relation to their heads, and they are combing their hair.

Voice 1: I don’t know about you, but I think we look damn fine!

Voice 2: Oh hell yes. We are two very sexy dudes

Voice 1: I wouldn’t blame each and every guy out there tonight for developing a non-sexual man crush on us.

Voice 2: Or even a slightly sexual one

Voice 1: No, no – that’s too far

Voice 2: Of course it is

The camera zooms out to show Bret Hart shaking his head in amusement at their conversation. The pop dies down, and he speaks.

Hart: Chase! Andy! It’s good to see you here.

Chase Stevens and Andy Douglas, the Naturals, turn around with grins on their faces.

Andy: It’s good to be here!

Chase: And it’s good for your show to have us here.

Hart: I know that, boys, why else do you think I bought you? Now, there’s a tag title match this Sunday at IWF Inception. I want you to watch closely.

Andy: Of course we will

Chase: Although I can’t guarantee we won’t get distracted by our reflections

83% for the debut of The Naturals

Next up is the Battle Royal for #1 International contendership. First out is Jamie Gibson, who gets a big pop for his recent efforts. He’s soon followed by Billy Kidman, Terry Funk, Bob Sapp, Austin Aries, BG James, Samoa Joe, Diamond Dallas Page, Charlie Haas, and a debuting Abyss. The latter gets a decent pop from TNA fans, but it’s Diamond Dallas Page who gets the biggest face pop.

Battle Royal

Things get underway in the typical brawling, messy fashion that tarnishes all battle royals. Everyone gangs up on the much larger Bob Sapp early on, and it is Terry Funk who bundles out the kick boxer/actor with a big clothesline and an assist from Billy Kidman and Austin Aries. It doesn’t take much longer for Austin Aries to make his untimely exit from the ring either – Abyss getting a huge pop from the crowd when he sends the Indy legend out of the ring with a big time chokeslam. As he celebrates his first impact in the IWF, however, he falls prey to a classic double team from Billy Kidman and Charlie Haas. Kidman dropkicks Abyss from behind, and Haas bridges the ropes to send the giant tumbling out onto the mat.

The brawling continues, but in the midst of it Billy Kidman flies high to hit a stunning shooting star press on Terry Funk! Jamie Gibson attacks him from behind with a dropkick, and Kidman goes over the top rope! Wait, he’s skinned the cat, and comes back in under the bottom rope. Gibson’s not so lucky, however, military pressed out of the ring by Samoa Joe. BG James rushes over to attack the still prone Billy Kidman with kicks, but Terry Funk, ever the wily veteran, bundles him out from behind before laying into Kidman.

Meanwhile Diamond Dallas Page and Charlie Haas are brawling in the corner, and it’s DDP who has Haas backed into a corner. He goes old school with some chops, and then climbs to the turnbuckle to administer the ten punch. He gets to five before Haas powerbombs him to the mat! He then tosses him out of the ring without ceremony, and the crowd are disappointed to see him go without a real fight. There’s now just Haas, Funk, Kidman, and Samoa Joe remaining – and the four men square off against one another. Samoa Joe breaks first, levelling Kidman with a stiff armed clothesline, whilst Funk attacks Haas with some old school chops. The first to go is Samoa Joe, however, who is back dropped over the top rope by Kidman. Joe manages to land on the apron, but is caught by an inadvertent bump from Funk as he’s whipped to the ropes by Haas. Seconds later, Haas back body drops the veteran out of the match – and we’re down to Kidman and Haas. Who will face Luger at IWF Inception?

They tentatively tie up, and Haas uses his superior strength to whip Kidman and follow up with the kitchen sink. He then locks in an abdominal stretch to wear Kidman down, before whipping him again. It’s reversed, and Kidman collects Haas with a hurricanrana. He then scurries to the top rope, but is met with an overhead belly to belly suplex as he lands! The crowd goes crazy as Haas picks Kidman up and tosses him out of the ring to become #1 contender!

O: 64 C: 67 M: 59

Charlie Haas remains in the ring celebrating, but Lex Luger spoils the party by entering the ring from the crowd and knocking Haas down with the title belt! He picks Haas up in the Torture Rack and, once the damage is done, drops him back to the mat before grabbing the mike.

Luger: I’ve just given all of you a preview of IWF Inception. Haas may have beaten a bunch of no name kids and washed up old men, but he can’t beat Lex Luger. I am the greatest IWF International Champion of all time, and my reign will not be ended! Not by Charlie Haas, not by Scott Hall, and certainly not by that son of a bitch Stone Cold Steve Austin! (Boos) At IWF Inception I guarantee I will retain this belt, and Haas will be leaving just as big a loser as he was when the WWE fired his ass! (Boos)

COMMERCIAL

We come back to hear the redneck music of Mongo Vyle as he dances out to the ring, agitating the crowd by giving them the finger and generally being offensive. He gets on the mike before William Kidd can arrive for their round two World Title Tournament match.

Mongo: Boy, you don’t want to come out here. I’m not a man to be messed with, and I’m offerin’ you a chance to leave tonight unharmed. What do you say, boy? Throw in the towel and I won’t have to whip you like a dog.

Kidd gives his answer in the form of rushing down the ramp and getting straight to business.

Mongo Vyle vs. William Kidd in a World Title Tournament Match

The crowd are positively deafening for this one, chanting for William Kidd as he and Mongo exchange initial blows. Kidd eventually gets the upper hand, much to the crowd’s delight, and a back body drop later he’s covering for a two. Vyle kicks out, and as Kidd drags him to his feet, sends some blows into his gut before hitting him with a Samoan drop. He goes up top for what looks like it’ll be a leg drop, but Kidd greets him on the way down with a dropkick. As Vyle stumbles to his feet, Kidd attempts the Fameasser, but Vyle moves away at the last second, meaning Kidd drops ass-first onto the mat. He locks in a sleeper hold from behind, trying to earn a submission victory. The crowd begin to chant for Kidd again as he battles to get out of the hold, but when it looks like he will, Vyle turns the hold into a hard back suplex! He comes off the ropes and hits a leg drop on the prone Kidd. Cover, but Kidd pleases the crowd with a kick out on two.

Vyle is dismayed, and Kidd gradually battles his way back into the match tenaciously. Things look set for a grandstand finish when Kidd is able to hit a Gunn Slinger. He waits for Vyle to get to his feet to hit the Fameasser, but as he does, D-Von comes sprinting down the ramp! The crowd boos as Vyle’s former tag partner slides into the ring and swings at Kidd. Kidd ducks the blow and hits D-Von with a clothesline! The fans go crazy as he signals for the Fameasser and hits it on D-Von! D-Von rolls back to the outside, but as Kidd turns around, he walks right into a Mongo Bomb from the recovered Mongo Vyle! 1-2-3! Vyle’s advancing thanks to D-Von!

The former Dudley Boys re-enter the ring to beat on Kidd, but suddenly BG James’ music hits and he’s rushing down to the ring to save his own former tag partner! The crowd are going nuts as the two legendary tag teams face off against one another across the ring! Vyle and D-Von back down first, and leave to heavy heat.

O: 81 C: 83 M: 77

We’re backstage now, and the crowd pop as we see Sting standing with Ashley Massaro.

Ashley: Sting, you’re here to make a challenge to….

Sting: (Taking the mike and placing a finger on Ashley’s lips) Shhh…. You’ll spoil the ending! You’ve let the cat out of the bag, though. Yes, I’m here to make a challenge, and it’s to Raven (pop). You’ve threatened to send me into retirement, and I’m not going to let that fly. If you want to wrestle me, all you need to do is ask, kid – we don’t need a tournament decider as an excuse. If you’re up to it, the Stinger will be waiting down in the ring for you. We’ll see who’s sending who into retirement.

88%

COMMERCIAL

We return from the break to find Sting standing in the ring, waiting patiently for Raven’s response. It appears to have come when Raven’s music hits, but there’s no sign of the former ECW legend. Suddenly he’s in the ring, having leapt the security barrier in order to gain the element of surprise. Looks like he’s accepted the challenge!

Sting vs. Raven

Raven starts off in control thanks to his surprise attack, and backs Sting into a corner with punches and kicks. Sting begins the block and punch routine, fighting his way out of the corner and then hitting a DDT to the crowd’s vocalised approval. He comes off the ropes and drops a knee into the fallen Raven’s side, covers, but Raven gets a shoulder up after one and a half. Sting gets Raven to his feet and goes for a suplex, but it’s blocked, and Raven hits a suplex of his own. Cover, but Sting gets a pop for kicking out on two.

The match is surprisingly good, a great brawl with plenty of too and fro in it. Essentially these two are the #1 and #2 workers in the company, and the fans cheer them as one would expect.

The end comes after Raven attempts the Raven Effect, but Sting blocks it, slamming Raven’s back into the mat. He then locks in the Scorpion Deathlock! Raven fights it for a minute or two, but it’s clearly having an effect. Raven eventually taps out, and Sting is declared the winner to the crowd’s delight.

O: 88 C: 90 M: 84

As Sting celebrates, Raven staggers to his feet. Sting offers his hand to Raven, congratulating him on a good match, but Raven ignores it and leaves! Sting shrugs and goes back to celebrating with the crowd.

COMMERCIAL

We return to see Scott Hall backstage with Ashley Massaro, IWF’s resident interviewer. The crowd pops as he takes the mike from Ashley.

Scott Hall: Hey yo (Pop) What am I doing at IWF Inception? Well, I’m not wrestling Lex Luger for the International Title, because I wasn’t asked to be in the battle royal. In fact, Scott Hall isn’t on the card at all, but you don’t need to worry ‘bout that. Scott Hall will be there, I can guarantee it. Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves though. Right now I’m wrestling ‘Big Poppa Pomp’ Scott Steiner for my place in the World Title Tournament. Steiner’s a tough hombre, that’s for sure, but he ‘aint got nothing on Scott Hall. Alright Ashley, you can finish your interview now.

He hands her the mike and walks away, leaving her somewhat confused.

83%

Scott Steiner vs. Scott Hall in the World Title Tournament

The crowd are again vocal for this one, with Scott Hall the obvious fan favourite. Like it’s predecessor, this match is a great example of brawling. Hall and Steiner, not renowned for their technical ability, turn it on with some stiff hits mixed in with occasional suplexes (more than occasional, in Steiner’s case). Also like the Sting vs. Raven bout, it’s close fought throughout, with Scott Hall having a slight edge due to his greater mobility. Much to the crowd’s disappointment, however, Steiner is able to steal a win after hitting a Steinerline and covering with his feet up on the ropes. Hall rolls his shoulder out milliseconds too late, and Steiner doesn’t stick around to hear Hall dispute the decision. Steiner advances in the tournament, and IWF Carnage goes off the air with a furious Scott Hall pacing around the ring.

O: 80 C: 79 M: 82

Card Rundown (Card quality 80%)

Raven Threatens Sting: 88%

Bryan Danielson def Petey Williams: 76%

Bobby Heenan Debuts: 81%

Frankie Kazarian def Frank Shamrock: 75%

The Naturals Debut: 83%

Charlie Haas wins battle royal: 64%

Mongo Vyle def William Kidd: 81%

Sting interview: 88%

Sting def Raven: 88%

Scott Hall interview: 83%

Scott Steiner def Scott Hall: 80%

Complete IWF Inception Card

Lex Luger vs. Charlie Haas in a Cage Match for the International Title (Referee: Steve Austin)

Samoa Joe vs. Ken Shamrock in an 'I Quit' World Title Tournament Match

Team Canada vs. Jindrak & O'Haire in a Ladder Match for the IWF World Tag Titles

Raven vs. Diamond Dallas Page in the World Title Tournament

Aja Kong vs. Madusa vs. Lioness Asuka vs. Gail Kim for the IWF Woman's Title

Sting vs. Scott Steiner in the World Title Tournament

AJ Styles vs. Ultimo Dragon in the World Title Tournament

Vampiro takes on three mystery wrestlers in the Vampiro Hardcore Invitational!

OOC Note: Huge props to Juan Deere for the kick-ass new IWF Carnage banner

I know I haven't dropped feedback, but I did read a little bit up to the first show and liked what I see. I plan to catch up on everything this weekend and give you some more in-depth feedback. At the moment, however, I do have a question. I see you posting the FWE results and have seen other people talk about "oh I'm playing as TNA...this was the results of WWE's last show." Is it possible in EWR to view cards that other promotions put out, or is that perhaps an TEW feature?

I'm not intimately familiar with TEW, but I seem to recall it being a feature. It's not in EWR, all you're given is ratings and attendance, but for the sake of promoting the fact we're in competition, I include their results, which I make up myself.

Two shows? How am I supposed to get through those?

Anyway, not bad. The repackaging of Rico as an army guy doesn't seem to work though. He needs something better...like, say, hiring Hardcore Holly from WWE, repackaging him under his old gimmick of Thurman "Sparky" Plugg, and bringing Rico in as his long-lost brother, Rico "Butt" Plugg! That'll be ratings so high, they'll be RATINGZ!

Haha, Rico has a gimmick from his past called 'The Cobra', which I don't doubt was considerably more fruity than my army approach. But until I can better learn to separate BSW from IWF in my mind - I wanted to avoid too many comedy characters, else this diary devolves to BSW's level :P

I'll let Zemapper do his report for this show, and if he'd like we could go back and forth with shows. If he wants of course. For now I'll give regular feedback on this show. Sting/Raven could be a very good fued. I've seen it in a couple diaries but if you could work it with a different style then it would definitely be good. Looks like old Billy The Kid is starting up his Hole In The Wall Gang which could help him out since he didn't do to well against good old Vyle. Once again Hall on the mic is golden, but one thing I've noticed is that it seems that you need to add more detail into interviews for a fed like this. Looks like Lex has got to learn how to wrestle in the next little while or he's going to have a hard time in that ring with Haas. Steiner advancing wasn't a bad choice since in game his stats are a bit better then Hall's but I still mark for Scott.

Apologies for lack of interview depth in the last two shows - been a busy work. Should clear up again by tomorrow evening.

I'm taking predictions for IWF Inception at the moment. Winner gets... well, winner gets the honour of being winner.

IWF: The Dome's Most Interactive Diary

Featuring the Ze Factor by ZeMapper, The Brutal View by Tristan Kancer, and soon to feature 'IWF Underground' as booked by ZeMapper

Want to be part of a Dome revolution? PM me to find out how!

IPB Image

WWE Wins Ratings War

A month into what is being dubbed the 'New Monday Night Wars' by some wrestling pundits, and the WWE's Raw and Smackdown continue to be the most watched shows in professional wrestling. FWE's 'Fox Presents...' finished a not too distant third, whilst IWF's 'Carnage' sits a rather dismal seventh on the list. The complete ratings rundown is as follow:

- Smackdown! (6.16)

- RAW (6.02)

- Fox Presents... (5.43)

- Heat (5.18)

- Velocity (4.40)

- Lucha de Vuelta (1.69)

- IWF Carnage (1.38)

- High Impact (0.99)

- Lucha Libre (0.82)

- Main Event TV (0.66)

Ultimate Warrior to IWF?

According to Warrior Web, the official home of wrestling eccentric the Ultimate Warrior, he has been contacted by IWF owner Lachlan Murdoch to join the company as it seeks to take down the WWE and FWE. Whilst it was as hard as always to make sense of Warrior's post, the following portion seems to elude to a possible IWF career for the former legend:

...Vince, you can no longer hide behind your billion dollar empire. The Warrior has been waiting...waiting for the cosmic powers to align and the stars to be in the correct pattern. Guess what Vince? That time is now. The Warrior's resurrection will prove your downfall, just like it almost did in 1997 when WCW kicking your ass and you were sending me late night faxes begging me to jump back to your organisation...

IWF head booker Chris Walker-Bush, always one to be up front with the smarks, said that the idea was ludicrous.

IWF Update

This from the IWF's webmaster, Sidney Pink.

"Miss Mona is expected to be out for seven weeks, whilst we'll have Homicide back in action sometime next month. Guess DDP hit him harder than we originally though"

The column also highlights the already well known talents of AJ Styles, who many regard as the IWF's most talented worker, as well as saying Bob Sapp could be due for a push in the near future. He also highlights the talents of IWF Underground stars J.R. Ryder, Harley Lewis, Jonny Storm, Eric Gracie, and Excalibur. All of whom are expected to grace the full roster in the next year.

I'll let Zemapper do his report for this show, and if he'd like we could go back and forth with shows.

That's a good idea. Shall we say we do alternate Carnage shows, then both do our own perspective on the big shows?

Works for me as well. Now to make this not seem post whorish, I shall comment on the last post.

Warrior to the IWF? As long as he doesn't have creative control then you're good. He's got natural charisma and such, but his age is against him, and he's also pretty stiff in the ring so you've got to watch him against some guys who are easily injured.

Who has the show "Lucha de Vuelta"?

And damn, I really wanted to see some Mona in this one. Good thing Homicide will be back in under a month. Damn DDP and his wild fists.

IWF Underground Report

Livewire Results

From the desk of Rebnik DesTerek

I don't know what Murdoch was thinking when he hired an American city boy like me to book and supervise IWF Underground. But I guess you gotta lay your faith down in people you trust, and my track record has a whole page of trust. Every damn wrestling business I've been in has failed, and I was there to the bitter end. Doesn't get much sadder then that.

Oh, yea, by the way. I'm Rebnik DesTerek, the Head Booker of IWF Underground.

I'm not gonna fill this whole report up with dumb little tid-bits about me. I'm sure you're here to hear about the wrestlers down the IWF, and if I may be so bold, the "next legends of wrestling."

Life down here has been sweet so far. I'm proud to announce that after only a couple weeks we've become a family, and I'm honored that I can see these boys (and girls) rise from the very bottom to the very top. We've got known stars like Chad Collyer, as well as unknowns breaking out like the spirited Air Paris. I'd go more into how each star is performing, but first I want to move into the results of my first show as a booker, Livewire(which is the official name of the weekly show down here. Catchy, no?)

Bobby Lashley w/ Alexis Laree def. Jonny C via DQ

Before this match opened up, Alexis took to the mic and used the free time I gave her to hype up Bobby Lashley as a big name, and the "next big thing." I know, alittle cliched, but it did the trick. When the huge Lashley came out, the crowd was completely behind the monster.

Alexis took a backseat, letting the professionals handle the wrestling. I posed as a fan for Jonny, who had the bright idea to take my beer and spill it on me like a punk. It worked, at the cost of one wasted beer. In the ring, Lashley took the control for the first few minutes, using some technical holds to keep the smaller man down. When Lashley was prepared to powerslam Jonny down, he slipped out and rolled out of the ring. Bobby was irate when Jonny put his hands on Alexis.

Jonny played it off perfectly thanks to his charisma. He had Alexis in a chokehold position, threatening Lashley with her. The main point of it was to put Jonny over as a ruthless heel and Lashley as the face. Lashley isn't the best actor on the planet and ended up rolling out of the ring after them. With some slick improvising, Jonny shoved Alexis out of the way and ran for it.

A small chase around the ring resulting in Jonny tricking the babyface around the corner and thwacking him with a chair. Jonny is DQ'd, the crowd hates him, and mission accomplished.

Afterwards, Jonny ran for it, but Lashley and Laree were left in a bad mood. I smell rematch.

It was a good match. I can tell Jonny C is going to be a great asset up there to IWF, but Lashley will still need a little work. Laree is gonna need to get a bit more credit to her name, but skills wise, she's ready too. I'd say just give it time.

Sean Casey def. Seth Knight

Ahhh, my favorite kind of match. Casey and Knight work perfectly together, a speedy technical battle going all over the ring, both in the air and on the mat. I was disappointed in Knight's work, as I had heard good things about him, but the match itself was perfect. Casey came off as an arrogant heel, and Knight as the underdog face.

Knight botched a DDT on the apron, ending up giving himself a bloody nose. Both played it off okay, acting like Casey caused it. In the end, Sean Casey posed at the top rope for some boos before ending the match with an elbow drop.

Sean Casey is going to be a big name both here in Underground and up at IWF. Like Lashley, I'm going to have to work on Knight before confidently letting him go.

Harley Lewis and Eric Gracie w/ Ashley Massaro def. Chad Collyer and Chance Beckett

Being from the south USA, I would shame my people if I didn't ask someone to play a redneck biker. Harley Lewis had the name, the look, and the skills to pull it off. I had him go out and play the crowd, which he did decently. He'll need a lot of work to get that accent just right, but he's got the basic jist of it. Ashley Massarro played the role of Gracie's manager.

Harley's power and Eric's martial arts role didn't seem to mesh well at all. Collyer carried the match for the most part, with Beckett doing his part as well. Gracie turned the tables in a huge reversal involving spearing Beckett coming off the top rope. When Collyer and Lewis went in, Collyer took immediate control.

Massaro distracted the ref for Gracie, who came in to help Lewis. He disposed of Beckett via clothline and then hit Chad from behind. With the odds against him, Collyer fell victim to a modified Death Valley Driver, labaled as Harley's 'Southern Slam.' The ref turned to to see the pinfall and counted it.

My regret was not having Collyer win, as he carried the entire match. Of the five workers, only Chad could make the jump into the main company without any trouble.

Roderick Strong w/ Jack Evans def. Scott D'Amore

This match was booked for the sole purpose of showing Roderick and Jack as allies. They have been previously in other companies, and I wanted to carry it over since they were friends. The match itself featured big man D'Amore playing a surprisingly good technical game.

It was a quick six minute match, and Evans taunted D'Amore enough to get him to snap. When D'Amore went after him, Strong capalized with a german suplex pinfall. Though it was a heelish victory, the fans were all over Roderick. D'Amore then jumped both from behind to give himself heat back. That wasn't planned, but no one complained so I won't bring it up to him.

I'd say all three men are on their way, but not there yet. I'd like to keep them and see what I can do with them.

El Generico, Excalibur, and Mephisto def. Ken Kennedy

The main event had yet to be announced. Ken Kennedy came out, arrogently strutting his stuff and acting as if everyone loved him. Of course, this was not the case. I may not like the guy outside the ring, but he plays one hell of a heel.

He announced that he was supposed to be defending against El Generico, but he thought this was an "insult." He wanted someone different. Of course, out came the masked man now to defend himself. Kennedy noted that Excalibur was, as always, following Generico around as shadow. Some words were exchanged and Kennedy then claimed he could kick BOTH their asses.

Generico gave him one better, using his arrogance against him. He had yet another oppenent for Kennedy and offered up the chance to really "showcase his skills" by fighting all three. Kennedy of course took the bait, and out came Mephisto, the third luchadore in Underground!

The match itself was the best so far. The three luchadores were all over the place, but Kennedy still kept his heat as a huge threat, keeping all the fighters grounded for the majority of the match. His slams were wicked. Excalibur was the better fighter for the masked fighters, in my opinion, but the show was about the ringleader: Generico.

In the end, everything played out like Kennedy would win. He german suplexed Mephisto and clothlined Excalibur. He went for a Kenton Bomb to Generico off the top, but missed! Generico moonsaulted off the ropes Jericho-style and stole it!

A great main event, but as all the matchs, there was a flaw. Mephisto isn't ready, and Generico, no matter how much I love him, isn't either. Excalibur needs more work but he was by far the better worker tonight.

Kennedy, well, he's all set to go big in IWF the moment he drops the title. No question, Kennedy is the real deal.

Nice work, Rebby. Really enjoyed seeing what you came up with. Should point out that the latest RXEWR patch still has Kennedy's finisher mislabelled. It's called the 'Lambeau Leap' and it's that crazy thing he does with people on his shoulders from the second rope.

All in all though, a good show. Push Jacobs! :P

IWF Inception – October 29th 2005

Venue
:
Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City

Joey: Hello and welcome to IWF Inception! You’re witnessing history here tonight, as the International Wrestling Federation makes its first foray into globally telecast pay-per-view!

Simon: And we couldn’t have picked a better card for it! We’ve got Sting up against Scott Steiner, Diamond Dallas Page in combat with Raven, and who can forget that cage match between Lex Luger and Charlie Haas?

Joey: With Stone Cold Steve Austin as special guest enforcer, no less! It’s going to be huge!

Simon: But to open the night up we’ve got a special set played by Nickelback, whose new CD ‘All the Right Reasons’ came out earlier this month.

Nickelback get the crowd psyched up by playing two tracks from their new album, including Side of a Bullet, which gets a lot of response from the packed Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.

Kroeger: Thankyou Atlantic City! The boys here at the IWF are going to revolutionise wrestling, and I strongly recommend you get on board!

How much did I have to pay Chad to say that? I’d rather not say.

Vampiro’s music hits and the crowd pops as the Hardcore Champion comes out for what has been dubbed the ‘Vampiro Invitational’. As he makes his way down to the ring several officials toss garbage cans, chairs, and pieces of wood into the ring to make ready for the ring. Out next is hardcore legend Terry Funk, who is bringing his own piece of lumber, and he is followed shortly after by Abyss. The big man from TNA has no weapon but his body, but that should be plenty. Finally, the loudest pop is reserved for Sabu, who comes out with his characteristic chair to a huge pop from the fans.

Vampiro vs. Sabu vs. Abyss vs. Terry Funk in the Vampiro Invitational

The rules here are simple; it’s straight elimination rules with the hardcore stipulation thrown on top of it. In other words, it’s organised chaos as these four hard nails get down to business. Terry Funk and Sabu make a beeline towards one another, with their past bloody battles already having the fans salivating with anticipation. For his part, Vampiro sits up on a turnbuckle to watch the action, which draws the attention of Abyss. The big man rushes at Vampiro, who comes off the turnbuckle and connects with a sloppy dropkick. In the other corner, Funk has wrapped a length of chain around his fist and is laying stiff shots onto Sabu’s forehead. Vampiro remains atop Abyss, raining blows on his face, but Abyss sits up and puts a hand around Vampiro’s neck! He stands, and Vampiro’s legs are dangling as the big man lifts him sky high and chokeslams him right onto one of the trash cans in the ring! Meanwhile Sabu has managed to roll out of the ring and, as Funk follows, levels him with a chairshot! He then stands on top of the security barrier and flies off it with a second chair, cracking Funk square across the face! Funk goes down, and Sabu turns his attention back to events in ring.

The brawl between Abyss and Vampiro has become almost one sided, with the bigger man currently choking Vampiro out with a boot. Sabu, not afraid of the larger man, sets up a chair. What’s he doing? Triple Jump Moonsault! The genocidal, homicidal Sabu gets the crowd pumped as he covers Abyss! 1-2-no! Funk comes across with a length of wood and cracks it down across Sabu’s back! Vampiro, deciding discretion is the better part of valour, has retreated to the outside – where he is verbally abused by fans for his cowardice. No such claims can be made against the men in the ring – with Funk managing to break the piece of wood over Sabu’s back, only to turn around right into a chokeslam from Abyss. It’s not just any chokeslam, Abyss dropping the hardcore legend to the outside! Vampiro scurries across to make the cover. 1-2-3. Terry Funk has been eliminated by Vampiro with a huge assist from Abyss!

Abyss doesn’t seem phased, and goes after the still grounded Sabu, who is bleeding from the mouth and head. Abyss goes to drag him to his feet, but Sabu retaliates with increasingly desperate right hands before coming off the ropes with an attempted crossbody. Abyss catches him mid air and nails him with a fallaway slam! The fans boo as Vampiro enters the ring, puts his hands up in supplication and appeasement to Abyss, and then attempts to pin Sabu! The ref begins the count, but Abyss marches over and plants his big boot in the back of the hardcore champion’s head! The fans cheer as Vampiro tries to plead with Abyss and then plant a blatant low blow in between his legs! Abyss drops to his knees, and Vampiro hits him in the jaw with a dropkick before looking for a weapon. He finds it in the form of a chair, laying it on top of Abyss’ outstretched arm before going up top. As he gets his balance, however, Sabu removes the chair and, as Vampiro flies, collects him in the stomach with a stiff shot! He then goes up top. Here it comes! ARABIAN FACEBUSTER! The fans go crazy as Sabu goes old school on the champion! He doesn’t get a chance to cover, however, as Abyss is back to his feet and looking for blood. Sabu whips him, but Abyss reverses and as Sabu comes back on the rebound, hits him with a big boot! The crowd are torn between support of Abyss and Sabu – but Vampiro makes the decision for them when he hits Abyss across the back with a chair and then, the big man distracted, low blows him with the same chair! Sidewalk slam. 1-2-3! Abyss has been pinned by Vampiro, and it’s down to Vampiro and Sabu!

The fans rally behind Sabu, but he’s already taken so much punishment, whilst Vampiro is relatively fresh after avoiding the opening exchanges. Vampiro attempts to hit Sabu with the chair, but he ducks the blow and retaliates with a spinning heel kick! The fans cheer as he hits a standing Arabian Facebuster and covers, but somehow Vampiro gets an arm up. There’s blood coming from Vampiro’s face now, and it only seems to incite further rage in Sabu. He comes off the rope with a flying elbow, and then covers – but Vampiro again kicks out. Both men are exhausted, but the crowd cheer for Sabu as they both fight their way to their feet. Vampiro is first up, and whips Sabu to the corner, following it up with a clothesline. He then drags Sabu to his feet and signals for the powerbomb, but at the top, Sabu cracks Vampiro with a chain wrapped fist! Vampiro drops to the ground with Sabu on top of him! 1-2-NO! Vampiro somehow managed to kick out again! Sabu can’t believe it! He comes off the ropes and attempts a leg drop, but Vampiro is able to roll aside. He grabs a chair and, as Sabu stands, hits him in the face with it! He then comes off the ropes and hits him again! Sabu’s still standing. Another hit! Swaying. Another hit! Sabu goes down! Vampiro covers. 1-2-3! Vampiro retains after a brutal, gruelling match!

O: 73 C: 68 M: 78

As the mess is cleaned up and Vampiro is booed backstage, we witness the arrival of Lioness Asuka, making her IWF debut. The androgynous Japanese worker comes out to little fanfare, but the arrival of former WWE diva Gail Kim is more well received. Out next is former WWF woman’s champion Madusa, who gets a half hearted response from the more old school fans. The most noise is saved for mohawked Aja Kong, who comes out to heavy boos from the fans here in New Jersey.

Aja Kong © vs. Madusa vs. Gail Kim vs. Lioness Asuka

This match is one fall only, meaning that Aja Kong can lose the title without being pinned. However, it looks like it’s going to be a good old fashioned war of nations – as Gail Kim and Madusa team up against the much bigger, stronger Japanese workers. Initially this seems to work, with Kim and Madusa levelling Asuka with a double clothesline before focussing their efforts on Kong. Madusa hits a spinning heel kick that gets Kong reeling, and Kim follows it up with an armdrag that sends the champion out through the ropes. The vocal, patriotic Americans in the audience love it – and the pair quickly focus their attentions on Asuka. They rush at her, but Asuka returns the favour of the earlier clothesline with one of her own, levelling both workers! She covers Gail Kim, but the Canadian beauty is able to kick out. Madusa collects Asuka in the ribs with a kick, and then hits a hard snap suplex on her! She covers, but Aja Kong is back in the ring, and breaks it up. She drags Madusa to her feet, kicks her in the gut, and nails her with a powerbomb! The fans boo as she ducks a Gail Kim clothesline attempt and, on the rebound, hits a Uraken (spinning backfist)! Asuka rushes at Kong, but is given a clothesline for her efforts. Kong has levelled all three women! She stands for a second, choosing, and then covers Madusa. 1-2-3! Kong has just cleaned house!

O: 65 C: 58 M: 72

Joey: Aja Kong has just made a real statement! She single handedly demolished those three women!

Simon: In Japan female wrestling is not looked at as just, how do you say it, ‘T & A’. Aja Kong is a very respected worker against even male opponents.

Joey: Well, the action keeps on coming here. Next up it’s Team Canada with their belts on the line in a ladder match against Mark Jindrak and Sean O’Haire!

Before the match, a highlights video of Team Canada’s title reign so far is played – showing their dusty wins against Jindrak & O’Haire, all of this to the tune of ‘O, Canada’. By the time Williams and Roode begin to make their way to the ring, the fans are already booing.

Team Canada © vs. Jindrak & O’Haire in a Ladder Match for the Tag Titles

This ladder match is, of course, under tornado rules – meaning both members of each time are in competition from start to finish. It starts off with an old fashioned brawl, and this certainly favours the larger pairing of Jindrak & O’Haire. O’Haire sends Roode out of the ring, and then the pair double suplex Williams. Jindrak signals to O’Haire, and the bigger man goes outside to get the ladder, only to be struck from behind with a chairshot from Roode! The fans cheer as O’Haire shakes off the initial blow and turns towards Roode, but the second shot, this time to the head, drops O’Haire. In the ring, Jindrak has noticed that it will soon be two on one, and puts Williams temporarily out of action with a cradle driver. Roode re-enters the ring with the chair, but Jindrak is able to duck the blow and wrest the chair from his grasp, tossing it out of the ring. Roode pleads with Jindrak, who appears to relent. Roode turns to the audience and gives a cocky grin, and then turns back to attack Jindrak – only to have Jindrak catch his fist mid-swing! Jindrak wrenches Roode’s arm painfully behind his back, but Williams is back to his feet and hits a dropkick on the bigger man.

Outside the ring O’Haire is back to his feet, and slides into the ring only to be pounced upon by both men. They stamp him into submission, and then Williams goes outside for the ladder – returning in time to clobber a recovering Jindrak with it. Williams has currently got O’Haire locked in a camel clutch, and Roode takes this time to set up the ladder and begin climbing it. The fans boo as he nears the top, but Jindrak ensures that won’t happen as he climbs up beneath Roode, positions himself between his legs, and hits a sickening powerbomb from halfway up the ladder! Williams, seeing the damage, comes across and drops a forearm into Jindrak’s back – but the larger man spins around and absolutely levels him with a right hand. Now the advantage is with the challenges, but Jindrak wastes valuable time getting his tag partner back to his feet. Williams is up already and, as Jindrak & O’Haire turn around, shoves the ladder so that it topples towards them. O’Haire catches the falling ladder and the team use it to clothesline both Williams and Roode! The fans cheer as O’Haire lays the ladder atop both men, and Jindrak stands on it! Team Canada are yelling in pain as Jindrak’s added weight crushes them! He soon stops, only to take the ladder and set it up in the centre of the ring! He begins to climb while O’Haire stands guard over the fallen members of Team Canada. Jindrak & O’Haire are going to get the titles here! Wait, Williams and Roode are both up, and while O’Haire manages to beat Roode back down – Williams scurries up to the ladder and drops a shoulder into it. It sways dangerously, and Jindrak drops down lightly to avoid a potentially catastrophic fall. Williams rushes at him, but gets caught in a belly to back suplex. Meanwhile Roode has dropped O’Haire with a Ric Flair style low blow, and catches Jindrak unawares with an armdrag that sends him rolling to the outside. Roode climbs the ladder, and as O’Haire gets to his feet, Williams collects him with a standing dropkick. Roode’s got the titles! Team Canada retain thanks to some dastardly tactics from Bobby Roode!

O: 80 C: 72 M: 88

The IWF Tag Titles gained in image

As Team Canada celebrate to a chorus of boos, Jindrak & O’Haire get right in their faces. Williams laughs smugly, and Jindrak slaps him! The fans cheer as the two bigger men begin to beat on Team Canada, but their struck with indecision when Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens appear at the top of the ramp and begin to walk cockily down. They’re initially booed, but once they get into the ring they join in the bashing of Team Canada! The fans love it as Petey Williams and Bobby Roode are tossed out of the ring. Jindrak & O’Haire eye the tag titles hungrily, as does The Naturals. Looks like they’re on the same page tonight, but for how long?

The Naturals’ current gimmick isn’t working

We cut backstage to where AJ Styles is apparently signing autographs for little kids. He doesn’t seem to be paying a lot of attention to them as he scribbles onto a sheet of paper and shoves it back into their faces.

V/O: AJ Styles is more than just a world class wrestler….

Styles is now posing for a picture with an ecstatic female fan. His smile looks painted on, and as soon as the flash goes off, it drops.

V/O: AJ Styles is more than just a high flyer…

AJ Styles gingerly kisses a crying baby, much like a campaigning politician would

V/O: AJ Styles is your future IWF World Champion…

Styles stands up and walks up so that he occupies the entire frame, he bends down so his face is visible.

Styles: So deal with it!

The fans boo the segment, as they rightly should, and we cut back to the ring where Ultimo Dragon is working the crowd. Of course, the pop he received is nothing compared to the heat that AJ Styles draws as he comes out. On his way down to the ring he waves to the crowd, and a pair of simpering lackeys hand out what appears to be pamphlets. One of them gets handed to Joey Styles.

Joey: You’ve got to be kidding me. This is nothing short of propaganda from AJ Styles!

Simon: What does it say?

Joey: “AJ Styles for World Champion” for one! But below that it’s got “If you don’t believe that, you’re an idiot”. The nerve of that man!

Simon: That’s actually kind of amusing…

Joey: How can you say that!?

Before Simon can answer, the bell rings, and this round of sixteen clash is underway!

AJ Styles vs. Ultimo Dragon in the World Title Tournament

This match is essentially a breeze through squash for Styles, who never looks out of control for much of this match. That’s not to say it isn’t a damn enjoyable display of aerial wrestling – with Dragon and Styles hitting spots like lumbering brawlers hit clotheslines. For the most part it’s Styles, however, and after an enjoyable, fast paced match of ten minutes – Styles picks up the win with the Styles clash. The fans boo him, but many are simply in awe of his ability to work a match, this one surely going to go down as the match of the night in terms of technical quality.

O: 83 C: 67 M: 99

After the match AJ Styles departs with his two lackeys, whilst Ultimo Dragon is left looking surprised by the pace of the match he was just involved in. AJ Styles progresses to the quarter finals, and you can’t help but believe that maybe his propaganda will ring true.

Next up is a round of sixteen match with plenty of hype surrounding it, as Samoa Joe takes on Ken Shamrock in an ‘I Quit’ clash. It’s sure to be a real display of technical prowess.

Ken Shamrock vs. Samoa Joe in the World Title Tournament

The two technical workers start off by shaking hands, but as soon as the bell rings it’s all business – both men laying into one another with uppercuts and chops that have the crowd chanting ‘oh’ at every other blow. Ken Shamrock eventually gets the upper hand, whipping Samoa Joe and then hitting a belly to back suplex with authority. He immediately attempts to lock in an armbar, but Samoa Joe reverses it and flips Shamrock onto his back. He maintains his grip on Shamrock’s wrist, and places a foot on his torso as he wrenches it violently. Shamrock slaps at his shoulder in pain as Samoa Joe uses all of his strength to pull it further and further out of its natural position. Shamrock is in real danger here, but is able to arch up from the ground and then drop Samoa Joe with a stiff clothesline with his free arm. The fans are somewhat torn over who to support here, but they clap for Samoa Joe as he struggles to escape a Shamrock headlock. Shamrock, like a pit bull, is proving hard for the big Samoan to shake – and eventually Samoa Joe is forced to throw himself back first against the turnbuckle. The first hit doesn’t do it, but the second forces Shamrock to release his grip. He explodes out of the corner with a clothesline though, and straight away Samoa Joe is back on the mat. Shamrock attempts to go for the Ankle Lock, but Samoa Joe is aware of what’s going on, and is quick to get to his feet. The two stare one another off, and Shamrock breaks first – rushing at Samoa Joe only to get a full nelson slam! The crowd cheer as Samoa Joe stands over Shamrock and bends down. He’s setting Shamrock up for the Muscle Buster! He gets him up… he hits it! Shamrock has been driven shoulder first into the mat! Almost immediately, however, he wraps his arms around Samoa Joe’s ankle! He’s locked in the ankle lock just seconds after being dropped hard! Samoa Joe’s eyes light up in fear and recognition as Shamrock wrenches his ankle and applies the pressure. With Shamrock right near the ropes, Samoa Joe either has to turn him around or scramble to the more distant ropes. Shamrock’s face is a mask of savage delight as Samoa Joe struggles in vain to find the ropes, only to settle on rolling onto his back and kicking Shamrock in the chest. Shamrock stumbles back into the corner, and Joe is able to stand. He stumbles for a moment, gingerly places some weight on the ankle, and then nails Shamrock with a clothesline! Shamrock slides down to the ground, and Samoa Joe gives him a little Facewash for his troubles.

Samoa Joe is in control here, and he drags Shamrock into the centre of the ring before locking in the Coquina Clutch! Now it’s Shamrock who is in trouble, and he’s in the middle of no man’s land! The crowd are chanting for Shamrock, but it looks grim for the UFC fighter as he begins to fade and fade fast. He uses big clubbing forearms to bash at Samoa Joe’s arms, and eventually it pays dividends, Joe forced to relinquish the potentially match-winning hold. Shamrock gets to his feet and comes off the ropes, but Joe almost decapitates him with a stiff arm clothesline. Here it comes…. ISLAND DRIVER! Samoa Joe locks in the triangle choke, and it’s surely over. Shamrock fights it, fights it, but has to give in. Samoa Joe has scored a tremendous upset by forcing Ken Shamrock to tap!

O: 75 C: 68 M: 82

Shamrock gets up off the mat and advances on Samoa Joe, and for a moment it looks like all hell will break lose. But Samoa Joe nods in respect, and Shamrock returns it.

Joey: A real display of sportsmanship. You know, AJ Styles could learn something from these two!

Simon: Why are you still talking about AJ Styles?

Joey: He just gets under my skin!

Simon: Well, get him out from under it, because up next it’s Lex Luger vs. Charlie Haas in that steel cage!

As if on cue, the cage begins to be lowered from the roof, and once it’s settled into its place – Charlie Haas and Jackie Gayda begin to make their way down to the ring. It’s Gayda’s on screen debut, and the crowd give her and her real life husband a warm welcome as they make their way down to the ring.

Lex Luger is out next, and he’s changed his entrance music to ‘Diamonds are Forever’, obviously referring to his current title reign. He smugly struts out to the ring, looking down his nose at the fans, and then steps into the ring. The glass breaks, and Stone Cold comes out to the biggest ovation of the evening. He stamps out in his singlet referee shirt, gives Luger the finger as he enters the cage, and signals for the bell.

Joey: Luger’s definitely in hostile territory here! How’s he going to cheat his way out of this one?

Lex Luger © vs. Charlie Haas (Referee: Steve Austin) in a Cage Match for the IWF International Title

The cage door is closed and there’s no turning back for Luger now. He and Haas tie up, and from the outset Haas is in control, locking Luger in a headlock. The International champion shoves Haas free and into the ropes, but he responds with a hard shoulder tackle that knocks the champion onto his ass. Outside the cage Jackie Gayda is shouting words of support for her man, whilst Stone Cold seems intent, for now, to just watch the action. Haas drags Luger up and then gets a pop as he bounces the veteran’s head off the side of the cage! Luger staggers about and Haas levels him with a second clothesline! This is going to be over quickly. Haas goes down to pick Luger up again, but gets a thumb to the eye! Stone Cold either didn’t see it, or decides to let it go. It’s the opening Luger needs, regardless, and he takes the opportunity to hit a suplex on Haas. He takes a moment to make a provocative gesture at Gayda, and this gives Haas time to get back to his feet. The young buck charges at Luger, who has the presence of mind to step aside and give him a nudge with his hand – sending him head first into the cage. Haas falls in between the ropes and the cage, and tangled up thus, is easy prey for a flurry of blows from Luger. Luger looks to be taking control when Austin steps in between him and Haas and shakes his head ‘no’. Luger tries to get by Austin, but the special guest referee shoves him back and shakes his head again. Luger makes to advance one last time, and Austin drops him with a hard right hand! The crowd goes crazy as Austin gets down in Luger’s face and again shakes his head ‘no’.

This has given Haas plenty of time to get to his feet and untangle himself and, with Luger down, he comes across and locks in the Haas of Pain! Luger is screaming and tapping, but the only way out of this bout and out of the cage. Haas seems intent on wearing Luger out more than he already is, and the hold remains. Wait! Somebody’s making their way down to the ring! He approaches the cage and draws Austin’s attention by trying to open the door. Stone Cold can be clearly heard to say ‘Get away you jackass’, but the distraction serves its purpose. Haas releases his hold and goes to investigate as well, giving Luger a chance to stumble back to his feet and recover his strength. The man, Jason Swinger according to the commentary team, continues to berate Austin through the cage door – and even goes so far as to spit on him! The crowd cheers as Austin tears off his referee’s singlet, opens the cage door, and leaps out on the man Lou Thesz style! He rains blows on Swinger and, as he stands, hits him with the stunner!

Meanwhile, Luger has snuck up behind Haas and hits him with a blatant low blow! It’s all legal, of course, but Haas drops to his knees in pain. Luger makes for the still open cage door, and steps out for the win! Stone Cold bought the bait, and now Luger has managed to steal a victory!

O: 75 C: 77 M: 73

While Jackie Gayda rushes into the ring to check on Charlie, Luger stands around outside celebrating as if he’d just won against all odds on the back of his own efforts. He lingers too long, and an agitated Stone Cold comes by, spins him around, and gives him a Stunner for his troubles. Stone Cold stamps off in a foul mood, whilst Swinger and Luger help one another backstage. It looks like Luger’s hired himself a lackey!

Joey: Lex Luger just stole a victory! Swinger’s interference cost Charlie Haas the match!

Simon: We definitely haven’t heard the last of this one!

Next out it’s Diamond Dallas Page, who gets a solid face pop as he comes out for his round of sixteen clash with Raven. The mysterious Raven is out next, and draws solid heat after last week’s happenings with Sting.

Diamond Dallas Page vs. Raven in the World Title Tournament

The fans are vocal for this one, and the bulk of their support lies behind Diamond Dallas Page – who scored an easy victory over Homicide in his first round clash. Raven, who has been playing mind games with Sting of late, starts things off with some old fashioned brawling – beating Page into a corner before stamping him down. He adopts his crucifix pose to mock Page, who does the switch and is soon going old school on Raven in the corner.

The bout has this feel about it throughout, two evenly matched workers who switch between offence and defence easily. Whilst DDP enjoys the lion’s share of offence, including twice going achingly close to sealing it with a Diamond Cutter, Raven just refuses to go down. Amazingly, however, Raven manages to stay in the match without using underhanded tactics or cheating. When he eventually picks up the win after hitting the Raven Effect, the fans are unhappy, but don’t feel robbed by his victory.

O: 79 C: 81 M: 77

Raven again doesn’t waste time celebrating, and leaves a dismayed and disappointed Diamond Dallas Page behind in the ring as he stalks backstage.

We cut to Sting next, and automatically the fans go crazy.

Sting: Tonight in one on one combat it’s a true clash of titans! It’s ‘Big Poppa Pomp’ Scott Steiner taking on me, the Stinger. Who can forget the days when Steiner and I used to headline WCW shows? When wrestling wasn’t just one rich promotion buying all of the talent and then squandering it? I can. But I can also remember days when real wrestlers weren’t given their due, and overpaid ‘bad guys’ ruled the roost. The days of IWF. The new days of pro wrestling, will be without both extremes. When I take on Scott Steiner tonight, I’m not just fighting for my right to contest the IWF World Title, I’m also fighting the likes of Vince McMahon and Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo – I’m fighting their tyrannic empire that has threatened to destroy the sport that you and I love. Each blow I land will be a blow to the domination that Vince McMahon has enjoyed for so long, and when I finally hit the Stinger Splash, it will be the bell tolling for McMahon’s empire of destroyed dreams. Scott Steiner, you won’t lose tonight because I’m better than you, you’ll lose tonight because you represent the worst of both worlds. The directionless days of the WCW and the money hording days of the WWE. I represent the IWF and the people, and tonight you will fall just as surely as the WWE and Fox Wrestling Empire will…

The Sting has the crowd in a semi-trance following his speech, a sort of war declaration on the powers that be.

We’re back out at the ring as the siren sounds and Scott Steiner struts out to the ring to heavy heat. Not only is he the bad guy against Sting, but the Stinger has just labelled him everything he hates about the industry.

Sting vs. Scott Steiner in the World Title Tournament

The crowd are bringing down the roof on this one. The ‘Sting’ and ‘IWF’ chants are simply deafening, and the atmosphere is positively electric. If ever someone doubted that the IWF’s fans were passionate, this match is living proof that they’ve got a voice. Steiner and Sting circle one another like dogs before a fight, and it is Sting who gets in the first blow, winning the initial tie up and then hitting a sidewalk slam much to the crowd’s delight. Sting controls things for the opening minutes of this match before Steiner gets a kick to his gut to stall the momentum, followed by a knee lift into Sting’s jaw. He then hits a belly to back suplex, and goes vintage by following it up with a belly to belly suplex, and then caps it all off with an exploder suplex. Steiner’s got the advantage here, and then some! He covers, but the crowd get their chance to roar as Sting gets a shoulder up. Steiner gets in the ref’s face, shoves him, and accidentally knocks him too hard! The referee is out! Steiner shrugs and turns back to where Sting waits, and Sting whips him hard into the corner. STINGER SPLASH! Steiner is in fairyland, and stumbles out into a scoop slam. Cover from Sting, but with the ref out, the crowd have to count it for him. 1-2-3. Of course, that doesn’t give him the win, and he gets up to check on the referee. Steiner is to his feet now, and goes outside to get a chair. He moves up behind Sting and, as the Stinger turns around, blasts him across the head with it! The referee’s eyes flutter open mere seconds afterwards, as Steiner hits the Steiner Screw Driver! Sting is in trouble here, and it looks like he’s going to score one for ‘evil’ here. He locks in the Steiner Recliner, and the referee has the presence of mind to drop down and ask Sting if he wants to go give up. Sting shakes his head vehemently, and the crowd’s ‘Stinger’ chants seem to pump him up. The shaking of his head becomes more and more defined, until he is able to break the hold! The fans are going crazy as Steiner looks on in amazement! Sting rebounds off the ropes, ducks a clothesline attempt, and replies with a flying crossbody! The crowd are pumped as he roars up at the rafters and waits for Steiner to get up. Here it comes…. SCORPION DEATH DROP! The fans go nuts as Sting covers. 1-2-3! Sting’s won! Sting triumphs despite Steiner’s cheating! The fans are bringing down the roof as Sting stands atop the turnbuckle and salutes them!

O: 85 C: 91 M: 74

Joey: Sting has done it! Sting has done it! Sting has beaten Scott Steiner!

Simon: Amazing! I thought it was over when Steiner brought that chair into play!

Joey: Watch out FWE! Watch out WWE! The Stinger is coming to get you!

We go off the air following a promising PPV debut, the 78% rated card beaten only by our debut IWF Carnage. A crowd of 10,235 were on hand – which rivals FWE's total, and we drew a solid buy rate of 0.78. Overall, a resounding success!

Good first PPV effort for the underdog of the new Big 3. All the major players got showcased and all the champions were looking strong. Lots of possible routes to go for the next few game months.

I like Luger's cheating and cowardly ways. I also like the potential with his new lackey, Jason Swinger. Is Swinger also known as Johnny? It looks like a feud may be coming up between Luger and Austin. Is Austin fit to wrestle, though? I defnitely like to see where this is shaping to go.

Didn't like the fact that Ultimo was nothing more then a glorified jobber. He could be used so much better. Or was this because he is signed to a Japan promotion too?

I enjoyed the tag title ladder match. The Team Canada push is a good one. The involvement of the Naturals will only makes things more exciting.

Joe v. Shamrock was a another quality match. Samoa should have a big push in store for him.

I think, you finally found a personality for AJ that people can care about. I'm definitely enjoying this gimmick.

I'll continue to root on this little promotion against the big, bad WWE & FEW.

I like Luger's cheating and cowardly ways. I also like the potential with his new lackey, Jason Swinger. Is Swinger also known as Johnny? It looks like a feud may be coming up between Luger and Austin. Is Austin fit to wrestle, though? I defnitely like to see where this is shaping to go.

Didn't like the fact that Ultimo was nothing more then a glorified jobber. He could be used so much better. Or was this because he is signed to a Japan promotion too?