MOTN - Daniels v ???

??? = Matt Bently (Michael Shane)

Sowi forgot bout groups E and F

Edited by Hornpipe Sally

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome show man! Damn Delirious lost (:pervert:), maybe I can do better with the next round.

NEXT SHOW PREVIEW

Block C action:

-Christopher Daniels vs. ?????

-Teddy Hart vs. Nigel McGuinness

-Chris Sabin vs. Damian

-Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

-Super Dragon vs. Jimmy Rave

-Nate Webb vs. Mike Quackenbush

-CM Punk vs. Beef Wellington

-Brandon Thomaselli vs. Alex Shelley

Daniels Opponent: XAVIER and You Know This Man! :ohwell:

The Match of the Nigh: Daniels vs ?????

To quote Freddy Krueger from Freddy's Dead; "It's good to be back in business!". Now watch me not get another one right the rest of the way.

NEXT SHOW PREVIEW

Block C action:

-Christopher Daniels vs. Spanky

-Chris Sabin vs. Damian

-Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

-CM Punk vs. Beef Wellington: While the Ass Punch is a godly maneuver, Beef should not even come close to winning this match.

-Brandon Thomaselli vs. Alex Shelley- I'm picking Ultimate Warrior Jr. to go over here in the upset.

MOTN Honors will go to Daniels-Spanky.

:( at my pick being taken already.

Edited by VDP2006

NEXT SHOW PREVIEW

Block C action:

-Chris Sabin vs. Damian

-Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

Daniels Opponent:Elix Skipper

The Match of the Nigh: Chris Sabin vs. Damian

Block C action:

-Christopher Daniels vs. Mike Modest (Y)

-Chris Sabin vs. Damian

-Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

MOTN - Daniels vs ????

Awsome Show!!

NEXT SHOW PREVIEW

Block C action:

Christopher Daniels vs. ????? = Spanky

Teddy Hart vs. Nigel McGuinness

Chris Sabin vs. Damian

Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

Super Dragon vs. Jimmy Rave

Nate Webb vs. Mike Quackenbush

CM Punk vs. Beef Wellington

Brandon Thomaselli vs. Alex Shelley

Block C action:

-Chris Sabin vs. Damian

-Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

Daniels' opponent will be Spanky

MOTN: Teddy Hart vs. Nigel McGuinness

Edited by chriswalkerbush

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thesikness

Block C action:

-Christopher Daniels vs. Spanky (my guess)

-Chris Sabin vs. Damian

-Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

MOTN: Christopher Daniels vs. ???

• 4 weeks later...

Block C action:

-Christopher Daniels vs. James Gibson

-Chris Sabin vs. Damian

-Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

MOTN: Christopher Daniels vs. ???

-Christopher Daniels vs. Paul London

-Chris Sabin vs. Damian

-Kevin Steen vs. Azriael

Block D action:

MOTN: Daniels/London

Good first show, I liked Daniels going over, he's one of my favorite wrestlers currently. Hopefully you keep this up and finish the tournament, I would like to see the aftermath of it.

• 1 month later...

This is back up and running!

Rise of the Independents Presents: In the Beginning - Stage 2

Saturday October 8th, 2005

"Hangin' Tough" by New Kids on the Block plays as the show begins and Beef Wellington makes his way out! The ultimate comedy wrestler is always good for a few laughs but I don't know how much laughing he'll be doing because his opponent is CM Punk!

Beef Wellington vs. CM Punk

Beef is able to frustrate Punk in the early going and capitalizes on mistakes made. Beef hits the Vaginal Discharge (yes his move is actually called that) for a 2. He goes for the I Can't Believe It's Not Cutter but Punk escapes and hits his mule kick/enziguri combo followed by a Shining Wizard for a near-fall. Beef got the momentum back with an atomic drop and then he went up top and hit THE ASS PUNCH!!!!!1111ONEONEONE!!!! The fans went nuts for the move but Beef was too busy gloating to capitalize and Punk regained control. The end came when Punk went for Welcome to Chicago, Beef countered and went for the E. Coli Driver but Punk manuevered out of THAT and hit his hammerlock DDT and then floated right over into the Anaconda Vice and Beef had no choice but to tap!

WINNER---CM Punk

Punk gave Beef props after the match by shaking his hand.

Next up we have a match of power vs. speed as "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen makes his way out to "Tear Away" by Drowning Pool to face Azrieal.

"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen vs. Azrieal

Azrieal uses his speed to surprisingly dominate Steen in the first few minutes until Steen hits a big enziguri. Azrieal hit a springboard dropkick and went for his Electric Chair Driver early but Steen easily countered and hit the Sidewinder Suplex, dumping Azrieal on his head! Fireman's carry into a gutbuster and a moonsault got 2 and 3/4. Go Home Driver attempt was reversed into a crucifix rollup by Azrieal for 2. Azrieal snapmared Steen over and hits some stiff kicks to the spine and then somersaults over into the big sidekick to the face! 2 and a half count! Azrieal might pull off the upset! He gets on the apron and waits for a staggered Steen to get to his feet, waiting to go for his somersault Stunner but as he springboards, Steen turns around and catches Azrieal in a powerbomb position but grabs Azrieal by the neck and suplexes him over RIGHT ON HIS HEAD with the Steenalizer! A good number of the fans jump out of their seat at that, but Steen isn't done! He yanks Azrieal up and puts his head between his legs, lifts him up and grabs the legs and then SPIKES him down with the Package Piledriver as the fans groan even louder. 3 Count is a given and Kevin Steen makes an emphatic statement!

WINNER---Kevin Steen

Steen looks down at his fallen prey and claps, seemingly applauding Azrieal's effort. He helps Azrieal to his feet...only to boot him in the gut and hit a SECOND Package Piledriver! He rolls out of the ring and heads off to the back, leaving Azrieal a crumpled heap in the ring as some fans boo him but others cheer his sheer brutality.

We go backstage where Jimmy Rave has some words to say about his opponent tonight, Super Dragon!

Rave: "I can hear the chants now. "Dragon's gonna kill you, Dragon's gonna kill you." They don't phase me. I could care less what these stupid fans think of me because I know I am the best damn wrestler in this entire tournament. You give me an example of any wrestler, no matter what their strong suits are, mine are stronger. Roderick Strong, The Messiah of the Backbreaker? I'll break his arm so he can't lift me into a backbreaker. "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson, best technical wrestler in the world? I don't think so. Nobody can brawl as good as Homicide? Tell me, who defeated CM Punk in a dog collar match? That's right, Jimmy Rave. And don't even get me started on AJ Styles. He beat American Dragon with my patented move, the Rave Clash, a move I have retired from the sport, and he has the outright audacity to use it. I'm gonna show all these men and all you fans who choose to boo me, that Jimmy Rave will win this entire thing, mark my words."

Strong words from Jimmy Rave, albeit a little bit egotistical. Anyways, up next we have "The man with talent on loan from God" Shawn Micha, er, Alex Shelley taking on one of the big underdogs in this tournament, Brandon Thomaselli!

Alex Shelley vs. Brandon Thomaselli

Brandon actually keeps Shelley on the defensive for the first half of the match, constantly trying quick rollup pins and always covering after hitting a move, showing experience past his years. Shelley came back with some big moves to turn the tide and kept it for the majority of the match. Brandon had a short little comeback and hit a standing shooting star for 2. He went up top but missed his 450 splash allowing Shelley to plant him with a 2K1 Bomb and then lock in the Border City Stretch for the tap out victory.

WINNER---Alex Shelley

Chris Sabin vs. Damian

This was a little bit of a clash of styles but they made it work, blending Damian's STIFF style with Sabin's explosiveness. Sabin actually was able to use quick tactics to subdue Damian but pretty soon Damian let the heavy artillery fly with stiff punches and chops. He got Sabin down in the corner, hit the double knees to a seated Sabin's face and then took his face off with a giant running boot scrape. He stood Sabin up and climbed to the 2nd buckle, but played to the crowd and that allowed to hit a running Liger bomb! Sabin then struck with a huge enziguri and a springboard swinging DDT for 2. He went for the Cradle Shock but Damian escaped and drilled Sabin with a lariat! Sabin rolled to the apron and Damian saw this so he goes up top and comes off with a sick double stomp to the midsection of Sabin! Sabin rolls onto the floor and the ref counts to 10! Sabin has been counted out!

WINNER---Damian

*** 1/4

We then see a Teddy Hart promo where he talks about how great he is, God Bless his fans and stuff. He also stated that Nigel McGuinness' British style is boring and fans want to see him do his awesome moves.

"Spyder" Nate Webb vs. "Lightning" Mike Quackenbush

This is a very fun little match where Quack wrestled circles around Nate until Nate actually showed he can do some chain wrestling too! Nate2P! Nate hits the Nebraskan Tumbleweed in the corner followed by the Arachnid kick for 2. Quack comes back with a beautiful Swanton bomb for 2. Nate goes for Soylent Green (Is People!) but Quack reverses it into an armdrag but also holds onto the leg and locks in the Lightning Lock and Nate is forced to tap!

WINNER---Mike Quackenbush

The two shake hands afterwards.

Teddy Hart vs. Nigel McGuinness

This never really got going as the styles clashed too much but Teddy managed to get in all his spots including his lightning-quick Fujiwara armbar, the Asai moonsault from the top rope and the flying DDT but Nigel was able to avoid the ref's hand hitting the mat 3 times. Nigel came back and baffled Teddy with the Artful Dodger and then did a headstand in the corner. Teddy charged in like a fool and Nigel went up and over Teddy, bounced off the middle rope for extra velocity and then took Teddy's head off with a Lariat! 2 count only. Teddy was able to outsmart Nigel in the end though, Nigel had Teddy on the top rope looking to drive him down with the Tower of London but Teddy held on and Nigel crashed down. One Hart Attack later and Teddy was victorious!

WINNER---Teddy Hart

** 3/4

Up next was Jimmy Rave vs. Super Dragon! "Die, Jimmy, Die!" chants in 5...4...3...2...

Jimmy Rave vs. Super Dragon

Jimmy jumps Dragon as soon as he reaches the ring and peppers him with punches and kicks. Dragon quickly comes back and just RAPES Jimmy with forearms and headbutts and chops, oh my! Jimmy uses some shady tactics to gain control though. Backbreaker, back suplex and Ghanarea combo gets 2 and 3/4. Rave goes for the Pedigree but Dragon trips him up and locks the legs, here it comes...CURB STOMP! The crowd goes nuts but Jimmy somehow gets a shoulder up at 2. Dragon motions to the crowd that the end is near and lifts Jimmy for the Psycho Driver. He pushes him off but Jimmy is able to land on his feet and hit the Running knee to the face! 1...2...thr...no! Dragon kicks out! Rave has a tantrum as the fans go nuts. Rave with a whip to the corner, Dragon reverses, charges in, Rave elevates him up and over to the apron but Dragon Lariats Rave down! He waits for Jimmy to stand and then springboards and hits the spinning heel kick to the back of the head, that's the UFO! Dragon goes up top and hits the double stomp to the back of the head. He turns Jimmy over and it's academic from here, 1-2-NO! Dragon lifts Rave up at 2 and a half and delivers a BRUTAL Supernatural Driver and mercifully lets the ref slap the mat thrice! What a debut match for Super Dragon!

WINNER---Super Dragon

Christopher Daniels comes out prior to the main event, complaining that this is unfair to him, making him wait until the very last minute to find out who is opponent will be. He complains that he has had no preparation and refuses to take part in the match but "Fight Without Honor or Humanity" starts playing and the fans go nuts, they know whose music this is but I don't think they believe it! Out from the curtain steps the last participant in the Rise of the Independents......PAUL LONDON!!!

"Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs. Paul London

A Massive "Welcome back" chant welcomes London but Daniels has none of it and attacks London off the bat to a chorus of boos. He tries to get a quick pin on London but Paul keeps kicking out of everything. Daniels dumps London outside and goes for the Arabian Press to the floor but London grabs a foot and yanks Daniels down face first into the apron. London then springs off the middle rope with a corkscrew somersault plancha as the fans go nuts! Back in and London maintains control with several near-falls. Daniels hits a desperation Flatliner to turn the tide though. Uranage slam and the Best Moonsault Ever gets 2. Blue Thunder Driver gets 2 as well. London comes out of nowhere to hit a second rope spinning heel kick. Second rope moonsault gets 2. London then gets Daniels in position for a tiger suplex but hits a sitout facebuster he calls the Waffle Face and goes up top! Daniels meets him with a palm strike though and goes for the Fall From Grace, his version of the Iconoclasm. London fights it though but Daniels hits a second palm strike. He pulls London off for the Fall From Grace but London jumps over Daniels, landing on his feet, hits a back kick to the gut and then hits the Legsweep DDT and rolls through into a pinning combination for the 3 count! What a win for Paul London in the main event!

WINNER---Paul London

*** 1/2

The show comes to a close with London celebrating.

Match of the night was Christopher Daniels vs. Paul London.

Prediction results

-Hellfire 9-1

-ZAK416 8-2

-craig 7-3

-VDP2006 7-3

-thesikness 7-3

-Steve Corino 6-4

-chriswalkerbush 6-4

-Fastlane 5-5

-Ze 5-5

-Sullen Slacker 5-5

-ncguy 4-6

Preview for next show

Block E action:

-B-Boy vs. El Generico

-Homicide vs. Matt Sydal

-Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jay Lethal

-Ruckus vs. Eddie Kingston

Block F action:

-Low Ki vs. Trent Acid

-Excess 69 vs. Jimmy Yang

-Austin Aries vs. BJ Whitmer

-Arik Cannon vs. Claudio Castagnoli

You must also predict what you think will be the Match of the Night!

Edited by darrdor

damn at the bottom but anyways great show man wasent expecting London at all total shock

Block E action:

B-Boy vs. El Generico

Homicide vs. Matt Sydal

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Jay Lethal

Ruckus vs. Eddie Kingston

Block F action:

Low Ki vs. Trent Acid- MOTN Forgot it first time lol

Excess 69 vs. Jimmy Yang

Austin Aries vs. BJ Whitmer

Arik Cannon vs. Claudio Castagnoli

Ready for next show lol love this diary just like first one Cult Classic!

Edited by ncguy

-B-Boy vs. El Generico

Ouch. I don't want to have to choose between the two, but in my mind, El Generico just sneaks it, possibly with some sort of leglock after dodging a Shining Wizard. El Generico

-Homicide vs. Matt Sydal

This is less of a contest; Sydal's not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but Homicide's been around and done it all. Homicide

As much as I want to say the Hussman, I can't see it happening. Lethal gets it with the Lethal Injection - Jay Lethal

Kingston's alright, but after watching Ruckus' performance at Cage of Death Five, I have to go for him; Hate Crime, one, two, four. Ruckus

Block F action:

-Low Ki vs. Trent Acid

I say again, ouch. Despite his shitfest against the SAT in JAPW, I still love Acid, but Ki was the first indy wrestler I truly marked out for, so it's going to be him. This will also be the Match of the Night - Low-Ki

I know very little about 69, and only a small amount more about Yang so Jimmy Yang

Milwaukee natives > you. End of, Austin Aries, avec le Brainbustre

...can I say a draw and get away with it? PLEEEEEEEEEEASE? Oh, fine - Claudio, because he's European.

Block E action:

-B-Boy vs. El Generico

-Homicide vs. Matt Sydal

Block F action:

-Low Ki vs. Trent Acid

MOTN: Jacobs vs Lethal.

OMG GLAD TO SEE THIS BACK!!!

MY predictions are:

Block E action:

-B-Boy vs. El Generico

-Homicide vs. Matt Sydal

Block F action:

-Low Ki vs. Trent Acid

-Excess 69 vs. Jimmy Yang ( Come on man give Excess 69 the winner, Blue Chippers all the way!)

-Austin Aries vs. BJ Whitmer (Damn! Two of my favorites in a match!)

Match Of The Nite: Low Ki/Trent Acid

Edited by ZAK416