World Championship Wrestling 1997

Hewey

Guest meripu1

Im back Hewey, i am really disapointed about you losing the 95/96 WWF diary as i personally thought that it was awesome. I think it would be great if you do decide to start it off again, but, for now, i will read this diary from the beginning and i have no doubts that you can do an awesome job with WCW, like you did with the WWF.

I cant wait.

Guest Rubber Band Man

Everything sounds good. I like the idea of Jarret in the four horsemen. Also you think you could not use that little font. It's really bad on my eyes and I'm sure it is to some others also.

Guest Rubber Band Man

Everything sounds good. I like the idea of Jarret in the four horsemen. Also you think you could not use that little font. It's really bad on my eyes and I'm sure it is to some others also.

Awesome...good to see you are still in the diaries Hewey, and this way I can be caught up. I missed out on the WWF 95 for a bit and never really caught back up with reading.

You will be able to do awesome with WCW 97 and I can't wait to see how you use the nWo here.

Guest blueblood

Rubber Band Man you have bad eyes? I always liked the little font.

Really though RBM do you have bad eyes because if you do that's understandable.

Guest Rubber Band Man

Yes RBM has bad eyesight. I have some kind of disease that is one of a kind. There is no cure for it right now. I can't even get my drivers liscense because of it.

user posted image

Announcers: Mike Tenay and Dusty Rhodes

Taped from: Orlando, Florida

Saturday Night opens up with it's usual regular opening and then we're taken to the announce booth where Dusty Rhodes and Mike Tenay are standing by.

Mike Tenay-Hello and welcome to WCW Saturday Night. Dusty tonight what a great night World Championship Wrestling has in store for the fans. Tonight we'll see a big tag team main event. It will be Konnan and Hugh Morrus of the Dungeon Of Doom facing Jeff Jarrett and Steve McMichael.

Dusty Rhodes -Mike what a big tag team match up that one is gonna be. Jarrett is still trying to join the Horsemen and if he and Mongo win then you got to know that Flair will consider adding Jarrett to the Horsemen....

Mike Tenay-Tonight we'll also hear from the nWo Wolfpac.... What does The Outsiders have to say about Diamond Dallas Page? What will Syxx have to say about having Eddie Guerrero's United States title with him? You never know what'll happen with these three men here tonight.

Dusty Rhodes -Well I hope that Syxx returns the title to Guerrero. It doesn't belong to Syxx! Give it back Syxx before Eddie Guerrero kicks your butt!

Mike Tenay-Fans lets get to the first match of the evening.... Public Enemy takes on Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick Slater!

Public Enemy defeated Dirty Dick Slater and Bunkhouse Buck with Colonel Parker

Public Enemy got a decent pop while Dick and Buck didn't get much heat..... The crowd wasn't really into this match eighter.... Buck and Dick isolated Rocco Rock through out the match and double teamed "Flyboy". Buck and Slater double teamed Rocco Rock and almost won the match after a double suplex but Grunge was able to make the save. Colonel Parker even got involved in the match hitting Rocco Rock with his cane behind the referee's back getting a near fall for his team. At one point of the match, Dick and Slater went for a double clothesline to Rocco Rock, But Rocco ducked and ended up taking out both Slater and Buck with a double clothesline! Rocco then tagged in Johnny Grunge! Grunge came in like a man on fire knocking down everyone in his way. Public Enemy hit a double backdrop to Slater and took Buck out with a double clothesline! Rocco then put Dick in the corner while Grunge put Buck in the corner... Public Enemy did ten punches to their opponents in the corner and then rammed Buck's and Dick's heads together! Public Enemy won the match after Buck got sent out to the floor by a clothesline from Rocco Rock...... Grunge then slammed Dick and Public Enemy followed by with the Drive By for the three count. Afterwards Rocco and Johnny waved their hands in the air and posed as Colonel Parker helped Dick and Buck to the back.

59, 51, 67

Mike Tenay-What a big win for Public Enemy here tonight. Public Enemy has been one of the best tag teams in WCW as of late and Dusty they could be next in line for a shot at the Tag Team titles which are currently around the waste of The Outsiders'.

Dusty Rhodes -Big win for Public Enemy tonight beating the veteran team of Bunkhouse Buck and Dirty Dick Slater, I'll tell you what Tenay.... If Public Enemy got a shot at The Outsiders we'd have new champions in my opinion. Public Enemy are WCW all the way!

Mike Tenay-Speaking of WCW, Fans if you remember back in November the nWo were giving WCW wrestlers thirty days to join the nWo or else.... Well two men tried to join and they were the American Males.... Scotty Riggs and Buff Bagwell.... Bagwell ended up turning on Riggs and joined the nWo. Earlier today we found out that at nWo Souled Out Scotty Riggs gets a chance for revenge as he takes on Buff Bagwell!

Dusty Rhodes -Mike I can't wait to see Scotty Riggs get his hands on Bagwell. Bagwell deserves to get his butt kicked on January 19th!

Mike Tenay-Speaking of Buff Bagwell, We understand that he's standing by with Mean Gene Okerlund in the backstage area.

Interview with Buff Bagwell

We're then taken to the locker room area where we see Mean Gene Okerlund standing by with Buff Bagwell.

Mean Gene Okerlund-Dusty, Mike I'm standing here with nWo member Buff Bagwell. Bagwell you turned your back on World Championship Wrestling and on your partner Scotty Riggs and joined the nWo last November. Bagwell tonight you take on young Chavo Guerrero Jr., And then we just found out that at nWo Souled Out you take on Scotty Riggs. Your thoughts?

Buff Bagwell-First off Scheme Gene I didn't turn my back on anyone, As you recall both me and Riggs tried to join the nWo but only one of us could get in..... In the end it was the more charismatic and the better wrestler... Me! Scotty you requested the match at Souled Out and on the 19th everyone will find out who the better American male is when I beat you all over Dayton, Ohio.... And as far as young Chavo goes, Chavo you're nothing compared to me... Look at my body and then look at your's... Tonight the nWo will pick up the win and I'll prove that when you're nWo you're nWo for life!

Mean Gene Okerlund-I hope Chavo kicks your butt Bagwell! Fans don't go away because up next this man right here Buff Bagwell faces Chavo Guerrero Jr.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Buff Bagwell defeated Chavo Guerrero Jr.

Buff stalled alot in the beginning of the match drawing cheap heat from the fans. Buff over powered Chavo in the early going but ended up taunting Chavo and doing his little dance which allowed Chavo to roll him up for 2. Buff got angry and shoved the referee who ended up shoving Bagwell right into a roll up from Chavo for another 2 count. But soon there after, Bagwell took Chavo out with a stiff clothesline for another near fall. Bagwell then followed with his usual offense and late into the match he locked Chavo into a sleeper hold.... Chavo got out of it and mounted a small come back.... Chavo hit drop kicks and took Bagwell down with hip tosses.... Chavo nailed his Tornado DDT to Bagwell and covered but Bagwell had his foot on the ropes..... Chavo then grabbed Bagwell and put him up on the top turnbuckle.... Chavo went up top with Bagwell and tried a superplex but Bagwell blocked it and shoved Chavo down to the canvas.... When Chavo got up to his feet, Bagwell came off the top turnbuckle with his new finisher the Buff Blockbuster for the win. After the match was over, Bagwell posed and danced until Scotty Riggs ran down from the back! Riggs got inside the ring but Bagwell fled! Bagwell then headed to the back as Scotty Riggs stood in the ring..... Riggs then told Bagwell he'd see Bagwell at Souled Out.

69, 64, 74

Chavo Guerrero Jr. debuted his new gimmick (Old School Face), it got a positive response.

Mike Tenay-Buff Bagwell picks up the big win but it looks like Scotty Riggs doesn't want to wait until nWo Souled out to get his hands on his former tag team partner. I can't wait to see those two collide at nWo Souled Out.

Dusty Rhodes -Me too Mike.... I think we'll see Scotty Riggs give Buff Bagwell the beating of a life time on January the 19th. You don't turn your back on someone like Bagwell did and not expect payback... What a wild brawl that should be!

Mike Tenay-Fans when Saturday Night returns we will hear from the nWo Wolfpac.... That's right Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Syxx are here and we will hear from them up next.

Dusty Rhodes -I hope Syxx doesn't come out here with WCW's United States title, Better yet Eddie Guerrero's WCW United States title belt.....

Mike Tenay-We'll find out when Saturday Night comes back from the commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

nWo Wolfpac interview-

Saturday Night comes back from the commercial break with the music of the New World Order as the current World Tag Team Champions The Outsiders and Syxx make their way down to the ring.... Syxx is also wearing Eddie Guerrero's WCW United States title around his waste! The Wolfpac pose in the ring for a bit before Scott Hall is handed a microphone.

Scott Hall-Hey yo....

The crowd gives Hall a "Hey yo" back as Hall smiles.....

Scott Hall-First of all it's survey time! Now how many of you came here to see WCW?

The crowd cheers for WCW.

Scott Hall-And how many of you came to see the nWo?

The crowd boos but Hall doesn't let it get to him, Hall just grins.....

Scott Hall-One more for the good guys!

Hall, Nash and Syxx do the Wolfpac sign "Clique" sign to a mixed reaction from the fans.

Scott Hall-You know something? At Starrcade we came down to the ring during the finals of the United States title tournament.... Where it was that five foot tall punk Eddie Guerrero facing a man who me and Nash have been asking to join the nWo for weeks now... Diamond Dallas Page.

The crowd pops for Diamond Dallas Page's name.....

Scott Hall-And well you know what happened.... DDP had to get beat down so we could prove a point to him, Page I know you're upset over not being asked to join us from the beginning but we offered you a spot more than once since then! But Page we're not the kind of guys who hold grudges.... We're offering you one more chance to join us..... We're giving you until the night after nWo Souled Out to join us... Because on that night you'll see who the winning team truly is.... And then DDP you'll be begging Hall and Nash for the black and white colors!

The crowd boos as Scott Hall hands the microphone over to Kevin Nash.

Kevin Nash-DDP you know we're the winning team.... WCW is going down fast and you want The Outsiders and the nWo backing you up..... Hey we're sorry we cost you the United States title but don't worry if you join us you get the belt.... Because lets face it, Eddie Guerrero might be a good wrestler but he's certainly not WCW United States title material.... And you DDP are.... So keep that in mind when you make your decision......

The fans chant for DDP as Hall and Nash look on.... Nash hands the microphone over to Syxx....

Syxx-Eddie Guerrero you want this title back? Well pal you're gonna have to beat me to get it back! Because you didn't deserve the title.... You wouldn't even be the champion if it weren't for us! No one from the nWo was entered in the tournament to begin with... Because if we were we would have won the belt! So here's what I propose to you Eddie Guerrero, Lets me and you fight at nWo Souled Out for the United States title.... And then we'll see who the true champion is.... Hey you got two choices to make Eddie.... Eighter you put the gold on the line against me or you'll never be getting the title back! Because Eddie lets face it, The title looks better around my waste then it does on your's! Eddie Guerrero don't sing it! Bring it!

Kevin Nash-Speaking of titles, Me and Scott are the current Tag Champs and WCW haven't found us any decent competition.... We beat The Nasty Boys and ran them out of WCW, We beat Harlem Heat for the straps and we beat The Faces Of Fear.... No one has been able to take the gold away from us..... And we got the nWo event nWo Souled Out coming up and we got no challengers for the belts.... Well if no one has the guts to challenge us for the titles it looks like we won't have to compete.... So to any of the WCW tag teams..... Think you got what it takes to be in the ring with the best tag team in WCW? Well answer our challenge for Souled Out!

Scott Hall-That's all we got to say about that, DDP just remember that when you're in the nWo you're nWo for life! So just remember that when you make your decision..... You want to join the nWo because the nWo is just too.....

Hall, Nash and Syxx yell "Sweet" into the microphone..... The nWo theme then hits as Hall and Nash pose with the Tag Team Titles while Syxx poses with the United States title.... The nWo then heads to the back as Saturday Night goes to a commercial break.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

John Tenta defeated Vincent with Ted DiBiase

The crowd was totally dead for this one..... Tenta dominated Vicent in the beginning running over the nWo member with a big clothesline and press slamming Vincent down.... DiBiase though distracted Tenta long enough for Vincent to drop kick Tenta's leg.... Vincent tried to take Tenta down with clotheslines but the big man didn't fall down! Tenta ended up taking Vincent down with a stiff clothesline... DiBiase got up on the apron so Tenta knocked him down! Tenta then finished Vince off with the Vertical Splash (Aftershock) for the win.

59, 57, 62

Mike Tenay-What an impressive win for John Tenta! The big man took care of business here tonight! Vincent stood no chance in winning!

Dusty Rhodes -WCW picks up a great win here tonight.... Vincent got his butt whooped by the big man..... Big, big win for WCW folks.

Mike Tenay-Fans up next it will be the main event, Steve McMichael teams up with Jeff Jarrett and they face the team of Konnan and Hugh Morrus. The Four Horsemen and Dungeon Of Doom have had some issues in the past, Tonight what will happen in this big tag team main event?

Dusty Rhodes -It should be a great match up, The Horsemen and the Dungeon Of Doom collide....

Mike Tenay-Remember that Jeff Jarrett isn't an official Horsemen member yet, But if he wins this match for his team you have got to think that he'll be one step closer to joining the Horsemen.... Fans lets take you to the back where Mean Gene Okerlund is standing by with Steve McMichael, Jeff Jarrett and Debra McMichael.

Interview with Steve McMichael, Jeff Jarrett and Debra McMichael

The cameras cut to the interview area backstage where Steve McMichael, Jeff Jarrett and Debra McMichael are all standing by.

Mean Gene Okerlund-Steve McMichael and Jeff Jarrett tonight you two join forces to take on the team of Konnan and Hugh Morrus from the Dungeon Of Doom. Jeff Jarrett you have been trying to join the Four Horsemen for awhile now and at Starrcade you beat Horsemen member Chris Benoit.... Jeff Jarrett the Four Horsemen is pretty much fifty/fifty when it comes to you..... Ric Flair says you have to prove yourself to the Horsemen, Tonight if you two pick up the win Jeff Jarrett we could see you become a Four Horsemen member in the future....

Jeff Jarrett-Well you know Gene.....

Steve McMichael-Hold it right there Jarrett! First of all you didn't beat Chris Benoit! The Taskmaster helped you out! And second of all when it comes to you and the Four Horsemen my friend you're nowhere near being a Horsemen! And you're going to have to prove yourself to become one of us! As far as Konnan and Morrus go.... You two boys are in for the fight of your life tonight!

Mean Gene Okerlund-Fans stay tuned because up next we got the huge tag team main event! Who will come out on top?

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Steve McMichael and Jeff Jarrett with Debra McMichael defeated Konnan and Hugh Morrus with Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Hart spend most of the match shouting instructions over the mega phone to Konnan and Morrus while Debra cheered for Mongo and Jarrett... The match started off with all four men in the ring battling it out.... Jarrett battled Konnan and Mongo fought Morrus. Jarrett and Konnan ended up out on the floor while Mongo beat down Morrus.... Konnan was able to send Jarrett to the steel ring post which allowed Konnan to come back into the ring.... Konnan and Morrus double teamed Mongo until the referee made Konnan go to the corner. Morrus worked over Mongo and got near falls over Mongo with a big powerslam and elbow drop off the top... Konnan then got tagged in.... Konnan kept Mongo down and at times he could distract the referee which allowed Jimmy Hart and Morrus to get some cheap shots in on Mongo.... Late into the match, Morrus and Konnan went for a double suplex but Mongo countered and double suplexed Konnan and Morrus! Mongo then made the hot tag to Jeff Jarrett! Jarrett came into the ring and knocked Hugh down with a clothesline and then drop kicked Konnan! Mongo and Jarrett then took Hugh Morrus out with a double clothesline! Mongo and Jarrett beat down Konnan in the corner..... Mongo went out to the floor after Morrus..... Meanwhile Jarrett nailed a DDT to Konnan and went for the Figure Four but Jimmy Hart got up on the apron distracting the referee! Jarrett went after Hart.... Out on the floor Mongo threw Morrus right onto the front row! Mongo then got the briefcase from Debra! Mongo clocked Konnan with the briefcase while Jarrett was arguing with Hart! Mongo then went to the other side of the ring threw Hart off the apron! Jarrett then covered Konnan for the win! Afterwards Hart, Morrus and Konnan went to the back as Mongo and Jarrett celebrated with Debra as Saturday Night came to a close.

70, 69, 72

OR Show Rating- 69

TV Rating- We got a 2.96 rating for 'Saturday Night'!

The attendance level was 6502 people.

We made $260080 from ticket sales.

WWF got a 2.93 television rating for 'Shotgun'!

The event was attended by 4034 people.

They made $161360 from ticket sales.

ECW got a 0.11 television rating for 'Hardcore TV'!

The event was attended by 442 people.

They made $8840 from ticket sales.

Thoughts and opinions are appreciated :D

Edited by Baby Hewey

Hmm. Not too bad. The matches seemed like something WCW would put on Saturday Night. And while I'm not a fan of the font you use (everything just seems a little too crowded for my personal taste) the formatting wasn't bad either. Match write-ups were decent, though nothing special. Do you use longer results for more important shows (i.e. Nitro and especially PPV's)? I didn't care for all of the ..... that seemed to filter through sometimes. Just a little distracting. I can't tell too much about your booking style, given that this was your first show, so I'll be watching that. My biggest "complaint" is that some of the interviews just didn't feel...right. I don't know, they weren't awful, but I just can't picture some of those people saying some of those things.

Overall, not bad, though nothing great either. But like I said, I'll keep watching, since WCW has always been my favorite promotion. Good luck.

Hmm. Not too bad. The matches seemed like something WCW would put on Saturday Night. And while I'm not a fan of the font you use (everything just seems a little too crowded for my personal taste) the formatting wasn't bad either. Match write-ups were decent, though nothing special. Do you use longer results for more important shows (i.e. Nitro and especially PPV's)? I didn't care for all of the ..... that seemed to filter through sometimes. Just a little distracting. I can't tell too much about your booking style, given that this was your first show, so I'll be watching that. My biggest "complaint" is that some of the interviews just didn't feel...right. I don't know, they weren't awful, but I just can't picture some of those people saying some of those things.

Overall, not bad, though nothing great either. But like I said, I'll keep watching, since WCW has always been my favorite promotion. Good luck.

Yeah PPV's results are going to be longer, I keep shows pretty much the same except I'll try to step it up for Nitro. Yeah I'm not really too good with interviews except for a couple of wrestlers (Hall, Nash). The text was going to be the small one but RBM has bad eyesight so I used this one..... Thanks for the comments though man I appreciate them :D

Glad to see you reading to Damshow :D, I'll contact you on AIM in a bit....

Anyways Main Event should be up tomorrow....

Thanks for the comments guys.....

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest T-Rage

I'm glad you started a new diary. I was a big fan of the WWF one but due to the length it was a bit hard to follow, especially after I missed some pages. So now I'll be following this. I was a huge fan of WCW/nWo back in 97 (and after too) so that will be fun. Continue the good job man!

News from wrestleworld.com

January, 5th

WCW signs new talent for development camp, Plus current Souled Out card

New talent for WCW

World Championship Wrestling has announced that they have signed some new talent for their development camp.... There people who have signed contracts are Andrew Martin, Chris Kanyon, Dawn Marie, D'lo Brown, Johnny Swinger and former WCW wrestler Kensuke Sasaki. Sasaki is the only one who's on the active roster right now.... The rest have been sent to "The Pit". Kanyon, Swinger and Sasaki have worked for World Championship Wrestling in the past while Brown and Martin were fired from the WWF. Dawn Marie will be used as a manager in the future....

WCW interested in "World's Strongest Man"?

WCW has been showing interest in Mark Henry. The former 1996 NACACI champion was with the World Wrestling Federation until earlier this month... Henry suffered a knee injury back in 1996 which was the main decision for to fire Henry from his contract. Right now Henry is unemployed and it seems like the WWF won't be hiring him back anytime soon..... ECW's not an option for Henry since he can't work the ECW style and since he's asking for a higher salary than most wrestlers in ECW get. WCW has showed some slight interest in Henry though, But many feel that Henry is simply not worth the money right now due to him not being too good in the ring and being injury prone. We'll have to wait and see if Henry does sign with World Championship Wrestling.

WWF contracts up for grabs?

Right now the contracts of Jesse James and Steve Austin are running out. James gets around $80,000 while Steve Austin gets around $167,000. But WCW don't really want James.... WCW has shown interest in getting Austin but Austin says there's no way he'd leave the WWF.... Austin doesn't want to work for WCW again especially after  his push was killed off last time he was in WCW. Austin is still angry at Hogan for bringing his friends in and jobbing Austin out to Jim Duggan. Austin had a very bright future in WCW but management didn't think so and fired Austin the first chance they got.... Right now in the WWF, Austin is working with Bret Hart which many feel will put Austin in the Main Event. Austin has tried calling Austin but he hasn't returned their calls back.... It looks like WCW won't be getting "Stone Cold" anytime soon.

Current nWo Souled Out Card

WCW.com has posted a current card for nWo Souled which will take place live January 19th from Dayton, Ohio. Here's the current card for this WCW V nWo event.

Buff Bagwell V Scotty Riggs

Masahiro Chono V Lex Luger

Big Bubba Rogers V Chris Benoit

More matches should be added to the card in up coming weeks.

Guest blueblood

Good first show Hewey. But you left out Syxx's catch phrase. "Whenever you're feeling froggy I'll slap on the Buzzkiller. Wolfpac Style!" Or you can leave out the froggy part.

blueblood

Good first show Hewey. But you left out Syxx's catch phrase. "Whenever you're feeling froggy I'll slap on the Buzzkiller. Wolfpac Style!" Or you can leave out the froggy part.

blueblood

:o never heard him say that before, But thanks I'll be using it in future Syxx interviews :D

Main event preview should be up later

Guest meripu1

I liked the show Hewey, yeah the matches werent much but, as with your 95 diary, i am sure they will be great for Nitro and awesome for the PPVs.

I actually like your interview style, especially for the Kliq members.

Also, i hope you plan to bring back the off-air notes and the snapshot!

Edited by meripu1

Also, i hope you plan to bring back the off-air notes and the snapshot!

I agree. I do hope this would be very similar with WWF 1995. It rocked, but this is worse than I first taught. I'm still sure that you will make it better, Hewey.

WCW Main Event preview

Chris Benoit V Mike Enos

Faces Of Fear V Psychosis and Juventud Guerrera

Harlem Heat V Joe Gomez and The Renegade

And in the Main Event Jim Duggan takes on Scott Norton of the nWo! Who will come out on top? WCW or nWo? Can Duggan give WCW the win or will Scott Norton put away the former US champion with the Norton Bomb?

Plus we'll hear from Sonny Oono who says he's got big news..... What will this news be?

Main Event should be up later .... Oh yeah for Nitro how do you guys want the results? Like fully detailed or like Saturday Night was? I can do them eighter way but some people prefer them shorter while some like them longer or whatever....

Edited by Baby Hewey

Guest Rubber Band Man

Okay I had one probelm with Saturday night.... Why would Hall, Nash, and Pac be on saturday night. That is very uncommon for WCW.

Okay I had one probelm with Saturday night.... Why would Hall, Nash, and Pac be on saturday night. That is very uncommon for WCW.

Only for an interview, It is uncommon but in 97 Hall, Nash and Syxx did wrestle in a couple of SN's shows.....

Actually meripu1 your idea doesn't sound half bad to me.....

Just keep in mind for PPV's they'll all be detailed and stuff..... :D