Boulder's Official Horror Movie Review Thread

Boulder

Just a suggestion so this doesn't become What Movie Did You Watch Today: The Horor Division, but let Boulder do the reviews and we can all discuss our opinions afterwards. If you want to/need to review a film go to the official thread, or wait to give your two cents after he has done it.

With that in mind, I have always liked Prince Of Darkness. It is your typical weird ass John Carpenter horror film. It may be weak in a lot of areas, but it's fun and has a scene or two that are almost frightening.

Now if you can review In The Mouth Of Madness, also by Carpenter at some point I would be extremely interested in that review.

TGC

I'd love to see your take on why The Exorcist is REALLY a Horror Film.

*house of 1000 corpses, Last House on the Left, Cemetary Man = great films

I'd consider Jack Frost a "blood flick" ... basically the horror version of a USA Up All Night skin flick.

And Squancho ... Cannibal Holocaust ? That's just wrong. Why not opt for Jungle Holocaust, or Make Them Die Slowly and quit beating around the bush ?

My suggestions:

Gravyeyard Shift. There are two different movies by this name: One that is based (I think) on a Stephen King book, and one about a vampire who works as a taxi driver. (There's also a sequel to the one about the vampire) The one I'm referring to is the non-vampire taxi driver one. (The first one with the vampire cabbie is good, but the second one, pardon the pun, sucks)

Near Dark. A fairly well done vampire movie, with Adrian Pasdar and Lance Henriksen in it.

The Blob. The original 50's version with Steve McQueen OR the remake with Kevin Dillon.

If you like old-school horror, from the black and white era, get the Mad Magician and the original versions of 13 Ghosts and The House On Haunted Hill. Haven't seen the remake of THOHH, but the remake of 13 Ghosts has very little to do with the original. Mad Magician is one of my favorite Vincent Price films.

Edited by GhostMachine

Ringu 0

Ringu

Ringu 2

I have always wanted to see those but I think you are missing one since there is four of them.

Also I suggest you review the movie "It". "It" is the movie version of the book "It" by Stephen King if you didn't know.

Gravyeyard Shift. There are two different movies by this name: One that is based (I think) on a Stephen King book, and one about a vampire who works as a taxi driver. (There's also a sequel to the one about the vampire) The one I'm referring to is the non-vampire taxi driver one. (The first one with the vampire cabbie is good, but the second one, pardon the pun, sucks)

I assume your talking about the one with a basement full of rats, and they have to fight them? Been awhile since I've seen it, but thats the basis, I believe.