inVasion - Redone

King.

This is really just my own liking. I'm trying to do this as realistic as possible, so, I wanted to avoid mentioning any real in-game features, such as the match ratings, crowd reaction, etc. The crowd is you, so I believe that rating should come off of wut you guys think.

Maybe to give you a hand with crowd reaction, we could respond with a show rating out of 10. Just an idea.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

WWF Monday Night Raw – April 2nd 2001

The Raw opening plays over the screen, and at the conclusion we cut to the inside of the MCI Center in Washington D.C.. The pyro explodes from the rafters, hitting the stage, igniting the brilliant firework display. At the conclusion, the lights in the arena turn up, and we are given several shots of the hot, WWF crowd. The smoke filters throughout the arena, as we hear the voice Good O’le J.R., Jim Ross.

Jim Ross: “Hello everyone, and welcome to Monday Night Raw!”

We are treated to some more shots of the crowd.

Jim Ross: “I’m Jim Ross, and alongside me is Paul Heyman, what an unpredictable night we have in store for us here.”

Paul Heyman: “That’s right J.R.! Last week Shane McMahon shocked the world, announcing the purchasing of World Championship Wrestling.”

Jim Ross: “Then on Smackdown we saw the debut of the first two, “invading”, WCW Superstars, that being Jeff Jarrett, and the WCW World Heavyweight Champion, Booker T!”

Paul Heyman: “Man oh man J.R.. But let’s not forget about what happened last night!”

Jim Ross: “Last night, during Sunday Night Heat, it was Chris Kanyon, interfering at the end of the European Championship bout between D’Lo Brown, and champion, Eddie Guerrero. Kanyon attacking D’Lo, until Eddie came to his aid.”

Paul Heyman: “It’s WWF versus WCW J.R., and the battle lines have been drawn!”

The screen quickly flickers repeatedly, each time the sound of static is heard.

Jim Ross: “Also tonight it’s going to be Edge and Christian versus the APA for the WWF World Tag Team Championships.”

The screen flickers again. The lights in the arena change, and with another flicker, the “WWF” logo on the bottom left of the screen becomes the “WCW” Logo. Suddenly a loud air-raid siren is heard throughout the arena, and the titan tron displays a larger version of the “WCW” logo. The fans begin to boo at the sound of the music.

Jim Ross: “Wait a minute.”

Paul Heyman: “What is this?”

Jim Ross: “Hold on here.”

The air-raid siren develops a beat, and Shane McMahon appears on the stage. The crowd boos louder at the sight of Shane McMahon. Soon, Booker T appears behind Shane, the WCW World Heavyweight Championship around his waist. Jeff Jarrett soon appears, and behind him, Chris Kanyon walks out. The three men, are decked out in black and red WCW logo t-shirts.

Jim Ross: “Shane McMahon, leading his WCW forces to the ring.”

Paul Heyman: “Are we just going to let him walk right out here?!”

Jim Ross: “Care to stop him?”

We suddenly cut backstage, where Vince McMahon is shown watching a monitor in one of the backstage hallways of the MCI Center. The camera pulls back quickly as The Undertaker, appears, behind him several WWF Superstars such as Al Snow, Steven Richards, Hardcore Holly, and the APA. The group is barging down the hallway, but McMahon suddenly stops them.

Vince McMahon: “Wait a minute!”

Undertaker stops, the group standing behind him.

The Undertaker: “Wait for what Vince?! You’re just going to let those punkass bitches take over your television show?!”

Vince McMahon: “Listen, I don’t want them out there just as much as you don’t. But I also want to avoid any confrontation between us, and them. I’ll go out there, you guys stay here. If I need backup, I’ll give the word…”

Vince McMahon walks off screen, and we cut back to the ring, where the team of WCW now stands. Shane McMahon holds a microphone, and is smiling, as his three member army stands behind him. The air-raid siren fades, and all that is heard is the heat from the crowd.

Shane McMahon: “Hello Washington!”

The crowd still boos.

Shane McMahon: “How fitting it is, that right here… in our nations capital, Vince McMahon, and the WWF will suffer it’s worst night tragedy, at the hand of WCW. Tonight… the WWF will-“

Shane McMahon stops, glancing towards the entry way. The camera cuts, and we see Vince McMahon walking out, without music, standing on the stage. The crowd cheers at the sight of the WWF Chairman.

Jim Ross: “It’s Vince!”

Paul Heyman: “Well, things are about to pick up J.R.”

Shane McMahon smiles at the sight of his father. The three WCW Superstars smile to, motioning for Vince to join them in the ring.

Shane McMahon: “Vince… how nice of you to join us out here. No, no, really, I’m glad you’re out here. You see, I could of just ya know, kept my mouth shut about our plans for tonight, and just, gone ahead and done them, like usual. But no, tonight’s different. You see, I’m out here on business.”

We cut back to Vince who is being handed a microphone from a stagehand. He raises it.

Vince McMahon: “Business…”

Shane McMahon: “Yes business. You see, I believe you know the WCW Champion, Booker T?”

Jim Ross: “Booker T, attacking Vince McMahon at the start of Smackdown last Thursday.”

Vince McMahon: “I do.”

Shane McMahon: “Well, as you know. You can’t build a company, on the back of one man...”

Vince McMahon: “I do.”

Paul Heyman: “I gotta agree with him… brother.”

Shane McMahon: “Well, that’s the reason why I’m out here. You see right now, I’d like to crown two other, WCW Championship holders…Now Lilian…”

Shane McMahon turns around, and walks towards the commentator tables. He is looking at Lilian Garcia.

Shane McMahon: “If you could be a dear… reach behind the time keepers table, and give me the black duffle bag honey.”

We cut ringside where Lilian Garcia is shown, looking confused. She stands slowly, and looks behind the nearby time keepers table. She reaches back there, and pulls up a black duffle bag.

Jim Ross: “What is this?”

Lilian holds the bag, and carries towards Shane in the ring. She hand it to him through the ropes.

Shane McMahon: “Thanks sweetie.”

Shane walks center ring, with the bag in his hand. He places the bag down in front of him, and looks into the crowd.

Shane McMahon: “It is my honor… to present to all of you… the NEW WCW United States Champion…”

With that Shane bends down, unzipping the bag. He reaches in, and removes the WCW United States Championship belt. He holds it high.

Shane McMahon: “A man who’s athletic, talented, entertaining, and one of the best forms of a true competitor, this industry has to offer!”

The camera cuts to Jeff Jarrett who is looking cocky. He’s fixing his hair, smiling, nodding, pretty much accepting the fact that he’s about to be crown U.S. Champion.

Shane McMahon: “He’s also the newest member of Team WCW, Chris Kanyon!”

Jeff Jarrett suddenly jumps, looking shocked, shaking his head no. The crowd gives a mixed reaction as a surprised, but ecstatic Chris Kanyon steps forward, taking the title from Shane McMahon.

Paul Heyman: “Hey look at that J.R.! Dreams do come true!”

Jim Ross: “Shane McMahon, awarding the vacant WCW United States championship to Chris Kanyon.”

Jeff Jarrett suddenly barges forward, grabbing the microphone from Shane.

Jeff Jarrett: “Woah! Woah! Woah! Woah! WHAT?! HIM?! You’re awarding a title… to HIM?! You listen to me right now Shane… You said you were crowning two WCW Championship holders right now… there better be the defunct Television title…or Hardcore title… or… God, anything in that bag! And it better be for me!”

Shane McMahon takes the microphone back.

Shane McMahon: “Jeff… step back… We’ll discuss this later…”

Jeff Jarrett breathes heavy, his jaw quivering a bit. He then slowly nods, and turns around, walking towards the corner of the ring. He leans into it. Quick shot of Vince McMahon watching on, still from the stage.

Jim Ross: “A bit of hostility from Jeff Jarrett there.”

Paul Heyman: “I don’t think Jarrett likes Kanyon very much.”

Shane McMahon: “Now, there’s one more person who I’d like to crown as a WCW Championship holder. This young man is what the new WCW is all about. He’s an extremely talented athlete, and exemplifies what a WCW Superstar is…”

Jim Ross: “Well we know it’s not going to be Jarrett. Who is it?”

Paul Heyman: “I’m on the edge of my seat J.R.!”

Shane McMahon: “Ladies and gentlemen… I give to you. The NEW WCW Cruiserweight Champion…”

Shane reaches down into the duffle bag, and removes the WCW Cruiserweight championship. He holds it high above his head.

Shane McMahon: “Rey! Mysterio! Junior!”

“WHO’S THAT JUMPING OUT THE SKY?!” Rey Mysterio’s theme music hits, and the crowd erupts in cheer. The camera cuts to the entry way, where we see Vince McMahon has stepped back, awaiting the arrival of Rey Mysterio. Cut to ringside, where we see Rey Mysterio, wearing his mask, jumping the barrier.

Jim Ross: “There he is!”

Paul Heyman: “Rey Mysterio, the New Cruiserweight champion. Should we stand up J.R.?”

Jim Ross: “Would you stop?”

Rey Mysterio slides into the ring, and is greeted with a hug from Shane McMahon. Shane hands the championship belt to Rey Mysterio, who takes it, and raises it above his hand. Chris Kanyon, U.S. Title around his waist, quickly hugs Rey Mysterio. Booker T slaps the back of Mysterio, welcoming him to the group. Jeff Jarrett slowly leaves the corner, and welcomes the newcomer as well.

Vince McMahon: “ENOUGH!”

Rey Mysterio’s theme music cuts off.

Vince McMahon: “Okay Shane… Now… I’ve got a group of WWF Superstars less then 6 feet behind me, waiting for me to give the word. They want you, and your group out of that ring… You’ve done what you came here to do. I’ve given you your 5 minutes of spotlight… Now get out of MY ring.”

Shane McMahon: “Vince, I’m not through here tonight. I’m not through here tonight, not yet by a long shot. You see, Thursday Night on Smackdown, we were supposed to have a match… Booker T versus Stone Cold Steve Austin…”

The crowd gives a huge reaction, mixed, to the sound of Stone Cold’s name.

Shane McMahon: “It was suppose to be Champion versus Champion, for the first time ever. But what happened? Your boy decided to back up and leave town. Well Vince, tonight, I say we give these fans what they want! If… you feel lucky enough to square your champion up, against mine.”

The fans are going ecstatic.

Jim Ross: “Booker T versus Stone Cold, tonight?!”

Vince McMahon slowly raises the microphone.

Vince McMahon: “Booker T versus Stone Cold…”

Crowd erupts again.

Vince McMahon: “Well Shane, I’m sorry. But Stone Cold… he… he didn’t show up here tonight.”

The crowd boos immensely.

Jim Ross: “What?!”

Paul Heyman: “I didn’t think I saw him backstage.”

Jim Ross: “How could Austin not be here?!”

Shane McMahon, Booker T, Jeff Jarrett, and Chris Kanyon break out in laughing. A quick shot of the ring shows Kanyon nudge Rey Mysterio, who suddenly joins in.

Shane McMahon: “So Vince… are you telling me that the man, who holds your World Heavyweight Championship, didn’t even show up here tonight?!”

Vince looks hurt, and embarrassed.

Vince McMahon: “That’s what I’m saying.”

Crowd boos.

Vince McMahon: “But you know what Shane? You want a match tonight?! Fine. You got it. Tonight, it’s going to be… WWF versus WCW!!”

Crowd cheers.

Jim Ross: “What?!”

Vince McMahon: “It’s going to be, promotion against promotion!!”

Crowd cheers again.

Paul Heyman: “No way!”

Vince McMahon: “Tonight’s main event, will feature, two WWF Superstars, against two WCW Superstars… Tonight… it’s going to be Triple H!…”

Crowd erupts into a mixed reaction.

Vince McMahon: “Teaming up with… The Rock!!”

Crowd erupts in cheers.

Jim Ross: “Triple H and The Rock, representing the WWF tonight!”

Paul Heyman: “Can The Rock and Triple H get along?!”

Shane McMahon slowly begins to pace in the ring. He nods suddenly, and turns back to Vince on stage.

Shane McMahon: “Deal! Tonight it’s going to be The Rock and Triple H versus… two WCW Superstars…”

Jim Ross: “But which two?!”

Paul Heyman: “C’mon.”

Vince McMahon: “Pick your men!”

Shane smiles devilishly.

Shane McMahon: “Oh no Vince. The Rock and Triple H will just have to wait till tonight to find out… But remember this Vince I-“

“LATINO HEAT!!!” Eddie Guerrero’s theme music blasts, and the fans erupt in cheers. Shane McMahon steps back, surprised, we cut to the stage, where Vince McMahon also looks confused. Eddie Guerrero comes strutting out onto the stage, moving to his music, European championship around his waist.

Jim Ross: “Eddie Guerrero?!”

Paul Heyman: “What the hell is he doing out here?!”

Eddie Guerrero removes a microphone where he had been using the European championship to hold. He stands on the stage next to Vince McMahon, who continues looking confused.

Eddie Guerrero: “Hola le Homes. Now Mr. Vince McMahon, I’m sorry sir for coming out here essa and interrupting this beautiful moment between Padre e hijo. But homes… I think you know why I’m out here.”

Cut to the ring where Team WCW looks on. Vince looks on, intrigued.

Paul Heyman: “I don’t. Fill me in, you know J.R.?”

Eddie Guerrero: “You see, I’m a big believer on sportsmanship, and ethics… Granted, I’ve been known to low blow some of my opponents, but it’s only cheating if you get caught. Now Vince, I don’t think you know, what you’ve just done. By booking the match, that you just did… You opened up the flood gates.”

A shot of Shane McMahon in the ring, followed by Vince on the stage.

Eddie Guerrero: “If The Rock and Triple H get to kick some WCW ass tonight… Then you know Eddie Guerrero wants some. Hola le!!”

The crowd erupts.

Eddie Guerrero: “So homes, I’m asking tonight… You make a match… Eddie Guerrero versus Chris Kanyon…”

The crowd cheers.

Jim Ross: “Eddie seeking revenge for last night?!”

Vince McMahon squints his eyes a bit, and then slowly nods. We cut to the ring, where Chris Kanyon has stepped forward, and is consulting with Shane, both look a bit taken back. Shane suddenly turns out to the stage.

Shane McMahon: “We accept! Vince, what’d you say?!”

Vince licks his lips, still looking over Eddie Guerrero who stands on the stage, smiling, Guerrero shimmies a bit, trying to seek McMahon’s approval. Vince slowly raises the microphone.

Vince McMahon: “Eddie Guerrero versus Chris Kanyon…”

Paul Heyman: “Is it going to happen?”

Vince McMahon: “YOUR ON!”

The crowd erupts once again in cheers. Eddie explodes ecstatically, wiggling his hips, and calling out to the fans. Eddie Guerrero’s theme music hits. Cut to the ring, where Chris Kanyon stands in front of Shane McMahon, gritting his teeth, watching Eddie.

Jim Ross: “Eddie Guerrero versus Chris Kanyon, tonight!”

Paul Heyman: “Like Eddie Guerrero said, the flood gates have been opened!”

We fade to a commercial.

--

We come back from commercial, and are greeted with the theme music of the APA. The crowd cheers as Faarooq and Bradshaw walk out from behind the curtain. Faarooq cracks his neck, as Bradshaw throws up the “Number 1” gesture. The pair walk down the ramp, and enter the ring.

Jim Ross: “Folks if you’re just joining us, already tonight, two blockbuster matches have been announced. First, it’s going to be the WWF’s Eddie Guerrero taking on WCW’s Chris Kanyon, one on one!”

Paul Heyman: “I can’t wait for that J.R.!”

Jim Ross: “That’s not all tho. In tonight’s main event, it’s going to be Triple H and The Rock taking on two, yet to be named, WCW superstars. It’s going to be interesting to see who Shane McMahon picks out of his group of WCW workers.”

Paul Heyman: “Who’s it going to be J.R.?! Booker T? Jeff Jarrett? Chris Kanyon? Any one of those combinations are threatening!”

Edge and Christian’s theme music blasts throughout the arena. The fans boo as the cocky arrogant pairing of Edge and Christian emerge from behind the curtain, the Tag Team Titles around their waists.

Paul Heyman: “This match is for the Tag Team titles, isn’t it J.R.?”

Jim Ross: “Yes it is. The APA looking to capture WWF Tag Team gold again.”

Edge and Christian enter the ring, posing for the crowd, before handing their tag team belts over to the referee. The ref raises the two belts high above his head, and then hands them off to the timekeeper.

Edge and Christian © versus The APA – WWF World Tag Team Championship

Match Ending: The ending of the match saw all four men in the ring brawling, Christian/Bradshaw, and Faarooq/Edge. Bradshaw soon clotheslined Christian over the top rope, just as Edge managed to hit The Edge-a-cator on Faarooq, following with a cover attempt. Bradshaw ran over to break up the hold, but Christian reached in under the bottom rope, grabbing Bradshaw’s legs, and dragging him out. The referee distracted by this quickly turned back to the Edge/Faarooq cover, sliding in to make the count. As the ref began, Edge soon threw his feet onto the middle rope, adding leverage for the pin. One, two, three, Edge and Christian steal the victory.

Winners: Edge and Christian ©

Jim Ross: “Edge and Christian stealing the victory!”

Paul Heyman: “HOW?!”

Jim Ross: “ “HOW?!” Don’t try and tell me you didn’t see Edge’s feet on the ropes!”

Paul Heyman: “Nope sorry.”

We cut backstage where we find WWF Hardcore Champion Dean Malenko standing in the hallway. The camera pans down the hallway, to reveal Vince McMahon walking up to him. The camera pans back as Vince confronts Malenko.

Vince McMahon: “Last night, you barged into my office, nearly destroying it, just so you could defend that championship belt of yours. You disobeyed my orders of taking it outside, and continued to disrupt a very important meeting between myself, Jim Ross, and my former Lawyer. That’s right. I said former. Why?! Because after you barged in, he told me he didn’t want to do business with a man who runs such a disgruntled company… Because of you, I lost one of the most powerful, intelligent, talented lawyers in the country, and during these times, I think it’s obvious that I need all the law-power I can get!”

Dean Malenko who’s been looking rather unimpressed by this whole situation, lick his lips, and peers into McMahon’s eyes.

Dean Malenko: “And you’d like me to do what? Say I’m sorry?”

Vince McMahon: “No, Dean, no. That’d be to easy. What I want you to do is make your way to the ring. Because you’re about to have a match… for your WWF Hardcore Championship.”

Dean Malenko blinks suddenly, stepping back a bit.

Vince McMahon: “It’s going to be you versus the Seven Foot Two, Five Hundred Pound, BIG SHOW!”

The crowd is heard in the arena giving their reactions to the match. Dean Malenko eyes open wide, looking shocked. McMahon walks off screen.

Jim Ross: “Dean Malenko versus Big Show! Next!”

We fade to a commercial.

--

We come back from commercial to find Dean Malenko already in the ring, his theme music blasting.

Jim Ross: “Folks, Dean Malenko about to go up against The Big Show, for the WWF Hardcore Championship. A sort of punishment for Dean Malenko, thanks to the disruption which happened last night during Sunday Night, disrupting a meeting between McMahon and his lawyer.”

Paul Heyman: “I think Dean Malenko deserves everything he gets!”

The Big Show’s theme music hits, and the crowd boos. The pyro explodes from the stage, and The Big Show emerges from behind the curtain. Big Show walks down the ramp, as the crowd continues giving heat.

As Big Show reaches the end of the ramp, the camera quickly pulls back to find Dean Malenko jumping over the top rope at Big Show. Big Show, quickly catches Dean Malenko, as his theme music cuts off. Big Show carries Dean Malenko, who tries to fight the giant off. Big Show laughs as he walks towards the ring, turns, and runs toward the corner post. Big Show slams Dean Malenko into the steel ring post, and drops him on the ground. The fans react in gasps, as Dean Malenko falls to the ground, holding his back and rolling around the ground.

Jim Ross: “My God! Dean Malenko might be broken in half!”

Big Show lifts Dean Malenko up, and rolls him into the ring. Big Show follows, rolling in after his opponent. Big Show stands up, as Dean Malenko continues holding his back. Big Show lifts Dean Malenko ups, and quickly wraps his hand around his throat. Big Show lifts Malenko up into the air, and connects with the chokeslam on the WWF Hardcore Champion. Big Show promptly covers Dean Malenko. One, two, three.

Big Show’s theme music hits. As he stands above the fallen Dean Malenko, breathing heavy, looking furious. The ref hands Big Show the WWF Hardcore Championship, and then raises his arm. Big Show pulls away from the ref, raising the belt above his head.

Jim Ross: “Big Show defeating Dean Malenko, who may have a broken back!”

Suddenly, Jeff Jarrett is in the ring! Jarrett attacks The Big Show from behind, taking out the left knee of the giant. The Big Show falls to one knee. We cut ringside, where Booker T is shown climbing the barrier.

Jim Ross: “Wait a minute! Booker T! Jeff Jarrett attacking Big Show!”

Booker T is shown throwing the time keeper from his chair, and folding it up. Booker T enters the ring, with a steel chair, as Jeff Jarrett continues battling Big Show. Big Show raises up, grabbing Jeff Jarrett by the throat, as the crowd quickly cheers. But Booker T reacts, smashing the steel chair over the back of The Big Show.

Paul Heyman: “Ouch.”

Jim Ross: “Booker T and Jeff Jarrett double-teaming Big Show!”

Big Show loosens his grip on Jeff Jarrett, and turns towards Booker T. Booker T shouts something, before lifting, and quickly smashing the chair over the cranium of the Big Show. Big Show stands, stunned for a bit, before falling to both of his knees. Booker T turns the chair around, and smashes it over the head of The Big Show again. This time Big Show falls to the mat.

Jim Ross: “Good God! Booker T smashing that chair over the skull of Big Show, not once but twice!”

Paul Heyman: “I can’t believe Big Show is down!”

Dean Malenko slowly pulls himself up, and leans against the ropes. Booker T and Jeff Jarrett turn their attention towards Dean Malenko.

Jim Ross: “Dean get out of there!”

Paul Heyman: “Who knows how bad his back already is injured, don’t risk any more injury!”

Malenko pulls himself off the ropes, walking slowly towards the fallen Big Show. Booker T, Jeff Jarrett watch on. Dean Malenko suddenly drops, covering The Big Show.

Jim Ross: “Wait a minute…”

The referee confused a bit, drops, and counts, one, two three. Dean Malenko wins back the WWF Hardcore Championship!

Jim Ross: “Dean Malenko winning back the Hardcore Championship!”

Paul Heyman: “Good! Now Dean, get out of there!”

Dean Malenko is handed the WWF Hardcore Championship, and slowly stands, gazing as Booker T and Jeff Jarrett. Suddenly, all three men, and walk towards each other. The fans erupt in a chorus of boos as the three men hug in the center of the ring.

Jim Ross: “WHAT THE HELL?!”

Paul Heyman: “Wait a minute!”

Shane McMahon is shown climbing over the ringside barrier, and he quickly runs towards the ring and climbs in. Dean Malenko turns, upon seeing Shane McMahon entering, and smiles. Shane meets Dean halfway, as the two promptly shake hands, and then hug. The fans continue booing.

Jim Ross: “Does this mean what I think it does?! Dean Malenko defecting to WCW?!”

Paul Heyman: “He’s the WWF Hardcore Champion tho!”

Shane McMahon raises Dean Malenko’s arm high, as we fade to a commercial.

--

We come back from commercial with the screen filled with a paused image of the end of the WWF Hardcore Championship match.

Jim Ross: “Ladies and gentlemen before we went to break it was Big Show versus Dean Malenko for the Hardcore Championship…”

The video begins to play, showing clips of Big Show ramming Dean Malenko into the steel ringpost, followed by the chokeslam.

Jim Ross: “Big Show scored the pinfall victory following a chokeslam. But then Booker T and Jeff Jarrett, two WCW Superstars showed up, and beat down The Big Show…”

Clips of Booker T/Jeff Jarrett beating down Big Show play. Booker T’s two chairshots to The Big Show play two times each from different angles.

Jim Ross: “What would happen next… was… it was just shocking, and I don’t understand it…”

Dean Malenko is shown pinning The Big Show, and embracing in a hug with Jarrett/Booker T.

Jim Ross: “It appears Dean Malenko has defected to WCW… and I just, I just don’t know how that’s possible. Or what Dean Malenko is thinking. It’s one thing for the WWF to lose a worker… but this time the WWF has lost a worker who was a current champion, the WWF Hardcore Champion… which is now in the hands of WCW.”

The video clip stops playing. “LATINO HEAT!!!” Eddie Guerrero’s theme music hits and the fans erupt in cheers. Eddie comes strutting out to his theme music, the European Title around his waist. Eddie calls out to the fans, as he walks, dancing a bit, down the ramp. Guerrero enters the ring.

Jim Ross: “This match being made earlier by Vince McMahon. Eddie Guerrero challenging Chris Kanyon. It’s the WWF versus WCW.”

Paul Heyman: “Well, it was really a compilation between Shane and Vince who made this match.”

Eddie stands in the ring, taunting the fans, and soaking in the spotlight. Suddenly the familiar air-raid siren blasts over the p.a. system. A few seconds into it, a voice is heard over the p.a. system, “Who Better Than Kanyon?!”. The crowd boos as Chris Kanyon’s theme music hits. Chris Kanyon soon emerges from behind the curtain, and stands on the stage, the WCW U.S. title over his shoulder. The crowd continues booing as Kanyon tries to get them on his side.

Jim Ross: “Chris Kanyon not getting a warm welcome from this fans.”

Paul Heyman: “Which I think is an outrage J.R.! This man is the WCW United States Champion, that’s quite an honor! That proves he’s an extremely talented competitor, and an ex-“

Jim Ross: “He was given the title by Shane McMahon, at the start of this very show!”

Paul Heyman: “So… That just proves what I’m saying. Shane McMahon has so much faith in Chris Kanyon, so it must be for something!”

Chris Kanyon slides into the ring, and stands on the opposite side of Eddie Guerrero. We get a shot of Eddie Guerrero talking trash from across the ring. We cut ringside, where Shane McMahon is shown standing in the aisle way, next to the commentator booth.

Jim Ross: “Shane McMahon watching this match from the stands… for now.”

Paul Heyman: “What does that mean? Are you implying that Shane McMahon is looking to get involved here tonight?!”

Jim Ross: “It wouldn’t’ shock me! You saw what he did at the conclusion of Smackdown last week, and because of that all hell broke loose.”

Paul Heyman: “Men shouldn’t be charged from what they did in the past!”

Jim Ross: “Poetic.”

Eddie Guerrero (WWF European Champion) vs. Chris Kanyon (WCW United States Champion)

Match Ending: The ending of the match saw a long series of chain wrestling between the two competitors. Eddie Guerrero managed to hit several of his key moves such as the European Uppercut, Tornado DDT, and even a superplex. Chris Kanyon showed why he was brought in from WCW, going toe to toe with the Guerrero, and matching each of the European champions amazing show of athleticism. In the end of the match, Eddie Guerrero managed to hit the Brainbuster on Chris Kanyon. The crowd was on their feet as Eddie Guerrero slowly climbed the turnbuckle and stood on the top rope. Suddenly Shane McMahon was on the ring apron, having quickly jumped the barrier. Eddie Guerrero seeing this, quickly jumped down from the top rope, and ran at Shane, who quickly dropped down avoiding the attack. Suddenly from the entrance ramp, a blond bombshell was on the ring apron, it’s Miss Hancock!. Eddie Guerrero was taken aback by the presence of the attractive young woman in front of him. Eddie soon went into “Latino Heat” mode, and began taunting the Hancock from the center of the ring. This soon allowed the distraction, as Chris Kanyon came up from behind, and rolled up the European champion. We get a shot of Chris Kanyon holding the tights, before the ref counts, one, two, three!

Winner: Chris Kanyon

Jim Ross: "Miss Hancock!"

Paul Heyman: "She is hot!"

Jim Ross: "Miss Hancock providing the distraction for Chris Kanyon to pick up the victory, and just like I suspected, Shane McMahon couldn't help but get involved!"

Paul Heyman: "Hey! Shane did nothing wrong. He never laid a finger on Eddie Guerrero. For anything, Eddie should be charged with attempted assault."

Jim Ross: "Attempted ass- Are you out of your mind?!"

Miss Hancock and Shane McMahon enter the ring, as Chris Kanyon quickly rolls Eddie Guerrero out of the ring. Miss Hancock jumps into the arms of Shane McMahon, and the trio celebrate. However, Eddie Guerrero soon raises to his feet, and slides into the ring seeking revenge. McMahon, Kanyon, and Hancock soon run from the ring, and into the stands, as Guerrero yells from the ring.

Jim Ross: "Chris Kanyon, and Shane McMahon escaping a beating!"

Paul Heyman: "I wouldn't put it past that man to attack Miss Hancock! That poor woman!"

We fade to commercial.

--

We come back from commercial to find Vince McMahon standing with Triple H backstage.

Vince McMahon: “Listen to me… I need you to put all of your feelings for The Rock aside. I don’t care how you feel about him, right now, I don’t care about the past. Tonight, you two must fight as a well organized team!”

Triple H slowly looks up and into Vince’s eyes.

Triple H: “I’m not the one you have to worry about Vince. You think I don’t see what kind of threat WCW is posing for us? I know myself and The Rock have to get along tonight, I know I have to put all past animosities aside. If you’re going to give this speech to anyone, go talk to Mr. Hollywood Actor.”

We hear the sound of the door opening, and hitting the wall. Vince and Triple H look off screen, and the camera quickly pans back. The Rock comes into the picture, staring in the face of Triple H. McMahon stands behind the two, looking a bit afraid.

Vince McMahon: “Rock… I was just telling Hunter… Tonight, I need your word that you and him can get-“

The Rock throws up his hand, cutting off Vince McMahon. This get a mild pop from the crowd. The Rock looks over Triple H, and without taking his eyes off of him begins to speak.

The Rock: “Vince McMahon… The Rock knows about the importance of tonight’s match. The Rock understands that tonight, he has to get along with Triple H, and put everything behind one another. But The Rock just wants to make this known… After we kick WCW’s ass here tonight, The Rock will be coming… coming straight, for you Triple H…”

Triple H scrunches his face in anger, and peers into The Rock’s eyes. McMahon continues looking on from behind the two WWF superstars. The Rock soon turns, and walks off screen. We focus on Triple H and Vince McMahon.

Triple H: “And you say I’m the one that can’t be trusted…”

We cut ringside. Paul Heyman sits hunched over the table, staring at the monitor. Jim Ross is looking directly into the lens.

Jim Ross: “Ladies and gentlemen, in just a few moments it’s going to be an epic contest. It’s going to be the WWF versus WCW, as Triple H and The Rock will team up to take on two WCW superstars, of Shane McMahon’s choosing.”

Paul Heyman: “J.R., you saw what everyone else just saw. I honestly don’t think The Rock and Triple H can coexist here tonight.”

Jim Ross: “Well quite frankly, I know Triple H and The Rock, and both of those men are professionals. They know that tonight, they have to do what’s right, and that means fighting the battle for WWF.”

“Time To Play The Game!” Triple H’s theme music hits, and the fans begin to boo. The lights in the arena change, and Triple H comes and stands in the entry way, water bottle in hand.

Jim Ross: “Here comes the cerebral assassin, Triple H.”

Triple H walks down the ramp slowly, and around the ring. He climbs onto the apron and walks along it. HHH stops and turns towards the crowd. The screen becomes blinded with flashes as Triple H sprays mist from his mouth into the air, and poses for the crowd.

Paul Heyman: “Awesome. Simply awesome.”

Triple H enters the ring. “If Ya Smell!!!!” The Rock’s theme music hits and the fans erupt. The Rock comes strutting out from backstage, and immediately down the ramp. The fans snap pictures as The Rock jumps onto the ring apron, and climbs the turnbuckle, throwing his fist into the air. We see a shot of The Rock gazing at Triple H in the ring who stands, watching The Rock.

Paul Heyman: “I’m telling you J.R., I don’t think these two can get along!.”

Jim Ross: “They have to… They must.”

The Rock enters the ring, and slowly walks to the side of Triple H. He turns, and faces the entry way.

“Can You Dig It? Sucka!” Booker T’s theme music hits, and he comes walking out onto the stage, the WCW Heavyweight Title around his waist. Booker T smirks as the crowd continues booing. Booker T walks mid-ramp, and pauses, staring at Triple H/The Rock in the ring.

Paul Heyman: “WCW Champ baby!”

Jim Ross: “The WCW Champion, Booker T. We know one of their opponents, now, who’s his partner?!”

Booker T’s theme music cuts off, and all that is heard is the crowd. Booker T continues standing still, peering at The Rock/Triple H.

Paul Heyman: “Who is it?!”

The air-raid siren hits, and plays as the “WCW” logo displays over the titan tron. Upon hearing it, Booker T smiles. Suddenly “SELF HIGH FIVE!” The air-raid siren becomes the theme of Diamond Dallas Page! DDP comes walking out from the curtain area, decked out in the black/red WCW t-shirt, and a pair of black sunglasses.

Jim Ross: “DDP! Diamond Dallas Page!”

Paul Heyman: “A former WCW Heavyweight champion J.R.! What a pairing!”

Jim Ross: “Diamond Dallas Page, the newest member of Shane McMahon’s entourage!”

DDP walks down to Booker T on the ramp, the two men look at each other, and suddenly storm the ring. Both men slide in, as the brawl starts.

Triple H/The Rock (WWF) vs. Booker T/Diamond Dallas Page (WCW)

Match Ending: An all out brawl. Booker T and The Rock focused on each other, as DDP/HHH battled it out. Triple H/Dallas Page brought things outside periodically, slamming each other into the ringsteps and ringposts. In the ring, Booker T, and The Rock exchanged punches. One after another The Rock connected with, backing Booker T up against the ropes. Rock suddenly spit into his right hand, and connected with one more punch, sending Booker T over the top rope onto the arena floor. The Rock soon followed after Booker T, battling him in front of the commentators booth. Diamond Dallas Page was shown slamming Triple H’s head against the ring barrier, before quickly running around the ring, and attacking The Rock from behind. DDP fought with Rock for a while, until Booker T got back up, and continued the assault. Triple H soon returned, rolling DDP back into the ring. Low-Blow on Triple H from DDP, as the ref was distracted by Booker T/The Rock sent Triple H into the perfect position for the Diamond Cutter, which DDP quickly hit. DDP went for the cover. One, two, but The Rock soon pulled the ref out of the ring, stopping the count. Booker t promptly attacked The Rock from behind, as the ref lay on the floor between the two. Soon DDP and Triple H got involved, battling with Booker T/The Rock. All four men eventually brought it back into the ring, but all hell was breaking loose. Soon Shane McMahon showed up ringside, trying to revive the fallen referee. The Rock upon seeing this, rolled out of the ring, and chased McMahon for a bit, until DDP came to Shane’s rescue, clotheslining, The Rock to the arena floor. Dean Malenko was soon shown hopping the barrier, and attacking Triple H. As Malenko/Booker T beat on Triple H, The Rock was shown getting stomped on by Booker T, as Shane McMahon called the orders. Suddenly the fans erupted as The Undertaker, and Kane came storming down the entranceway. This time, Booker T was unable to escape, as Undertaker began exchanging punches with the WCW champion. Kane went after Dean Malenko, who ran for a bit, before getting cornered between Triple H and Kane. Triple H attacked Dean Malenko from behind, as Diamond Dallas Page attacked Kane from behind. However, Kane soon turned things around, slamming DDP against the ring barrier. We cut to The Rock, who was shown beating on Booker T. Cut to Triple H who was successfully laying a beating to Dean Malenko. Ringside shot of The Undertaker slowly stalking Shane McMahon. Suddenly, it was The Undertaker and Kane being attacked from behind on both sides of the ringside floor. Scott Steiner appeared behind The Undertaker, slamming both fists into the back of the dead man, as Buff Bagwell came in, taking out the knee of Kane The crowd was near riot, as WCW slowly took over control again. The Rock was soon double teamed by Malenko/Booker T, Kane was taken down by DDP/Bagwell, and Undertaker had his hands full with Shane McMahon/Scott Steiner. Suddenly GLASS SHATTERS! Stone Cold’s theme music hit, and the fans erupted! Stone Cold came charging out from backstage, and slid into the ring. He stood, and was immediately charged at by Buff Bagwell. Austin ducked the attack, turned, and connected with a stunner. Malenko soon charged Austin, only to suffer the same fate of the stunner. DDP was next, suffering a stunner. However, Booker T soon took control, getting a steel chair involved. Booker T slammed the chair over the back of Stone Cold, sending him to the mat. Kane soon entered the ring to aid Austin, only to get a chair shot of his own, followed by getting double stomped by a hurt Malenko and DDP. Undertaker soon slid into the ring, and went to charge at Booker T, but at ringside, Scott Steiner and Buff Bagwell held onto the deadman’s feet, keeping him from being able to run. Undertaker turned his attention to Bagwell/Steiner, allowing Booker T to quickly come from behind and hit Undertaker with the chair repeatedly. Taker soon fell to the mat. We cut ringside where The Rock is shown laid out in front of the entrance way. Cut to Triple H who is shown laid out by the commentator table. Shot of Austin laid out, with Kane/Undertaker in the background, both on the mat. WCW soon joined forces in the ring, standing in a straight line. Soon, Chris Kanyon, Rey Mysterio, Miss Hancock, and Jeff Jarrett were climbing over the ring barrier, and entering the ring. The show closed with WCW holding hands over the fallen WWF superstars.

Jim Ross: “Stone Cold! Taken out! The WWF champion taken out! The Rock beaten! Triple H assaulted! Kane and The Undertaker put to pieces! WCW! WCW taking control! We need help out here! We need help!”

We fade to the WWF logo, and then to a black screen as the show ends.

1Wrestling.com

-- Former ECW Worker, Jazz has signed a WWF developmental deal. Apparently, she was brought in at the request of Paul Heyman.

-- Scott Steiner/Buff Bagwell are apparently going to work as a tag team for WCW. From what we've heard, Lex Luger was originally suppose to take the spot of Scott Steiner, forming Totally Buff for the Invasion, but he and management could not come to a deal.

-- Miss Hancock, real name Stacy Keibler, was at first against getting involved in a match for her debut. She is expected to eventually manage a WCW worker, with the leading suspect being Chris Kanyon.

-- Jeff Jarrett, altho in the ring has been expressive about not liking some of the descision made, is said to be ecstatic backstage, and is just having a good time with this storyline.

-- Rey Mysterio was asked upon signing his contract to return under the mask. Frankly, I agree with this descision, as I believe Mysterio has lacked since removing the mask.

-- Chris Kanyon was against being given the WCW United States Champion. The original plan was for Booker T to hand it over to him, but WWF creative decided to go ahead with Shane handing out the United States, and Cruiserweight title. It'll be interesting to see if those titles are ever defended.

-- Chyna is not happy backstage. Apparently she feels that the WCW Invasion is taking up to much time, and not allowing any of the women to compete.

-- Former ECW Worker Rob Van Dam met with management last night. We'll keep you posted if anything occurs between the two parties.

Guest ryan_the_canuck

Great show, but I might have saved the finish of the main event for the PPV, and just introduced a couple midcarders before then.

Great show, but I might have saved the finish of the main event for the PPV, and just introduced a couple midcarders before then.

That was my plan. The "news" about Lex Luger not being able to strike a deal is kinda true. As I was going to debut him on Raw, but he went ahead and admitted he had a drug problem, and frankly... he's Luger. Maybe he'll return.

user posted image

Preview: April 5th 2001

A Night of Promises

--Vince McMahon has promised to stop WCW dead in it's tracks this Thursday night.

--William Regal has promised the fans a night of great WWF action, showcasing why the WWF is the superior brand.

--Chris Jericho will defend his intercontinental championship, against Chris Benoit.

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

1Wrestling.com

Breaking News! Possible Spoilers For This Thursday Night Smackdown

--Hey guys, don't scroll down if you don't want this Thursdays Smackdown possibly ruined for you.

Tim Grayson called in from the Smackdown! tapings earlier today. He got there earlier for the Stone Cold Steve Austin autograph session, apparently WWF is running an angle where Stone Cold was injured Monday Night, at the hands of WCW, as Stone Cold had a black eye, and his right arm in a sling.

We've also gotten word that Jim Cornette met with both newly signed WWF developmental deal, Jazz, and unsigned former ECW Star, Rob Van Dam, earlier today. Each day it seems WWF is closer to signing RVD. I've heard that Jazz isn't the only former ECW star Paul Heyman is pushing WWF to sign. Altho powerless backstage, Heyman does have a bit of stroke with the company, due to history, and his credentials. Apparently Heyman feels there are several unsigned talents, who havent been given the break, that deserve it.

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

Good show,and I have to say that I like the way you bring DDP,also Steiner and Bagwell give the WCW a little more star power.

What Happen with Tazz vs Malenko?

Wasn't Triple H out with his legit leg injury during the Invasion? Notto sund anal, but I had an issue with him appearing as the Rock's partner when he should have been out severely injured.

Aside from that, great srtuff here, and it;s already better than the "real" Invasion and hopefully will continue to impress..also, if ECW is not resurrected here, than I think RVD should arrive on the side of WWF as a new signing rather than on the side of Shane's WCW army.

All in all, great work,and here's hoping for more.

Wasn't Triple H out with his legit leg injury during the Invasion?  Notto  sund anal, but I had an issue with him appearing as the Rock's partner when he should  have been out severely injured.

This is taking place at the start of April, HHH went down at the end of May.

This is a really good InVasion Diary. If WWE could have put stuff like this out, it would have been so much better than there Christian/Test ppl jumping ship instead of having a REAL WCW roster invading rather than a handful of midcarders are 1 or 2 decent big names.

What happened to this diary?

I had Smackdown halfway complete, and lost it, cause i didn't save it, and the power went out. I've been rewriting it in short intervals. It should be up someday before... Thursday. With rehearsals for me in real life and what not, that's basicaly wut it's looking like.

• 2 months later...