inVasion - Redone

King.

Guest StylesFan_94

Pretty good diary so far SlapDash. If the WWE had done the InVasion this way I don't think that business would be in the bad shape it is in now. Keep up the good work.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Date: 04/12/2001

Time: 8:00 p.m.

Venue: Sovereign Center

City/State: Reading, PA

The Thursday Night Smackdown opening fills the television screen. You notice that it’s an updated video, with more recent shots of Stone Cold as World Heavyweight Champion, and even features a few shots of Booker T, and Jeff Jarrett. The opening finishes playing through and we cut to the inside of the Sovereign Center.

Blue and white pyro explodes from the stage and the rafters, signaling the start of the live feed. The audience cheers wildly as the cameras pan across. The theme music of Spike Dudley blasts from the p.a. system, and the fans continue to cheer.

Michael Cole: “Hello everybody and welcome to tonight’s edition of Smackdown! Coming off of the heals of an explosive Monday Night Raw, Smackdown comes to you live from the Sovereign Center in Reading Pennsylvania!”

Tazz: “Stephanie McMahon being named the Co-Owner of WCW Cole, and well, kicking her husband Triple H where it hurts. I saw Hunter backstage, and he didn’t look to happy.”

Michael Cole: “Would you be?”

Tazz: “Probably not. We’ve yet to hear from Triple H, or Vince McMahon regarding that announcement last week. Tonight.. maybe we’ll get some answers.”

Michael Cole: “We’re kicking things off with Light-Heavyweight action, as Jerry Lynn puts his Light-Heavyweight championship on the line against this man. Spike Dudley!”

Tazz: “What Spike lacks in height Cole, he makes up for in heart. This is sure to be a great match.”

Michael Cole: “No doubt Tazz. No doubt.”

The runt of the Dudley Clan comes stomping out from the backstage area, smiling. Spike waves to the fans, and marches down to the ring. He enters, and stands on the bottom rope, facing the crowd, and waves again. Spike’s obviously happy to be there.

The mood changes suddenly as the theme music of WWF Light-Heavyweight Champion, Jerry Lynn hits. The fans boo as Jerry Lynn walks slowly out to the stage, and stops looking down to the ring. The heat continues as Jerry Lynn motions behind him, and X-Pac followed by Justin Credible walk out on to the stage. The three men talk to one another as they walk towards the ring.

Michael Cole: “Jerry Lynn a defending champion these last few weeks.”

Tazz: “A very talented superstar, who deserves every bit of praise he’s received as Light-Heavyweight Champion-“

Michael Cole: “What? I don’t think I’ve seen this guy win a match cleanly since debuting!”

Tazz: “I don’t know what you’re talking about Cole.”

Michael Cole: “In any regard, what’s this about? Jerry Lynn not coming to the ring alone. X-Pac and Justin Credible accoumpanying the champion out here, and I’ll be the first to ask, how long do you think this fight will remain fair with those two out here?”

Tazz: “That’s a little stereotypical. I’m sure X-Pac and Credible are just out here to wish their friend luck.”

Jerry Lynn enters the ring, as Credible and X-Pac remain on the outside. Lynn taunts Spike, by pointing to his Light-Heavyweight title, and motioning the “One, two, three” count.

Jerry Lynn© vs. Spike Dudley – WWF Light-Heavyweight Championship

Match Details: Mid-Way through the match, after a failed interference attempt by Justin Credible, the odds were evened up as the WWF Tag Team Champions, The Dudley Boys walked out to ringside. The Dudley’s kept Justin Credible and X-Pac in order, taunting X-Factor to try and interfere. Jerry Lynn scored the victory of Spike, after Bubba Ray provided the unintended distraction trying to keep X-Pac from interfereing. As the ref was distracted, Jerry Lynn managed to back kick Spike in the groin, allowing him to quickly set up the cradle-piledriver. One, two, three.

Winner: Jerry Lynn©

Michael Cole: “And Jerry Lynn stealing another victory.”

Tazz: “Are you still on that?”

After the match, Credible, X-Pac, and Lynn began to celebrate in the ring. The Dudleys, Bubba Ray and D’Von, took Spike out of the ring, and walked with him to the back. Lynn continued to celebrate.

Suddenly, two men slide in to the ring behind the trio. It’s Rey Mysterio, and Shane Helms! Helms and Mysterio both grab X-Pac and Credible from behind, and throw them towards the ropes, sending them up and over. Lynn feels the commotion behind him and slowly turns as Helms and Mysterio stand behind him. Lynn is quick to throw up his hands, demanding pitty. But Mysterio and Helms charge forward, double clotheslining the Light-Heavyweight champ to the mat. Lynn hits the canvas hard, and springs back up on to his side, rolling out of the ring. Lynn holds his back, and reunites with X-Factor on the outside. Lynn, Credible, and Pac walk up the ramp extremely frustrated and angry. Mysterio and Helms quickly exit the ring and go through the crowd as yellow shirt security begins to approach the ring.

Michael Cole: “Get those two men out of here!”

Tazz: “This is serious Cole. Rey Mysterio, and Shane Helms, two WCW Cruiserweights, attacking the WWF Light-Heavyweight champion!”

Michael Cole: “When is this going to end?”

We fade to commercial with Michael Cole and Tazz in an uproar about the WCW Invaders, the debut of Shane Helms, and X-Factor looking distraught.

user posted image

Stacker 2: The World's Strongest Fat Burner!

We come back from commercial with Bradshaw and Faarooq backstage in Commissioner Regal’s office. The fans cheer the APA at first sight.

Bradshaw: “This is bull crap Regal! You tell us not to take things out of control, while things are already out of control! You saw what Mysterio and Shane Helms did. You saw them take a step in to a WWF ring!”

William Regal: “Yes, I saw Mysterio, I saw Shane Helms. I saw it all. Now let me tell you what I don’t want to see! I don’t want to see a bunch of WWF superstars get involved in some type of bloody brawl for all! Mr. McMahon and myself agree highly on this matter and we-“

Faarooq: “Here’s the bottom line. We’re tired of watching outside boys attempt to take over our territory. They’ve stepped foot in to our house, and now we’re going to kick their ass right back out the door!”

The fans cheer that promise from Faarooq..The door in the room is heard slamming against the wall of camera. The camera quickly turns, as The Undertaker and Kane walk up behind the APA. The fans cheer The Brothers of Destruction.

The Undertaker: “Regal. At any other moment I’d be in here with my fist wrapped around your throat, demanding a rematch with Austin or Triple H, after we were screwed last week. But tonight, there are more important asses that need handling. Those punk ass WCW boys have stepped foot in my yard one time too many, which just ain’t something I can have. It’s time you do something.”

William Regal: “Like I just got finished explain to Bradshaw here. Me and Mr. McMahon booth feel that-“

The Undertaker: “I don’t give a damn what you and Vince think or say. Tonight, one way or another, those WCW guys are leaving here in body bags!”

Bradshaw: “They want a fight so bad? We’re going to give them one!”

The APA and The Brothers of Destruction nod to eachother as the fans cheer this now apparent, renegade group.

The Undertaker: “Let’s go.”

The four men turn and walk out of the Commissioner’s office, with Regal looking less than thrilled with their descision.

user posted image

April 15th, 2001

Taped: April 12th 2001

Chyna d. Molly Holly - WWF Women's Championship

The Holly's d. Too Cool

Test d. K-Kwik

X-Pac d. Rob Van Dam - with aid from Justin Credible

Date: April 15th 2001

Source: www.WrestlingInnerCircle.com

Reporter: David Levy

Rob Van Dam Debuts

Since we announced his signing, everyone has been wondering when Rob Van Dam would debut. We got our answer tonight. RVD debut'd with the WWF by answering an open challenge from X-Pac. X-Pac, who was "Looking to get in shape for Backlash" issued the open challenge. However, Rob Van Dam fell short in his debut match, falling victim to a That's Incredible piledriver, from Justin Credible, after X-Pac had distracted the referee. Following the match, Rob Van Dam attacked X-Factor, hitting a frog splash on Justin Credible, and a Van Daminator on X-Pac. The WWF fans, who many had never seen RVD before, welcomed the young competitor to the company, cheering, and applauding his amazing technical, and highflying ability.

Kevin Nash Visiting Backstage at Smackdown

We are getting reports that former WWF and WCW Champion, Kevin Nash was seen backstage visiting with friends. There may have been a meeting between Kevin Nash and Vince McMahon, but as of yet, nothing has come of it. We can neither confirm, nor denie, that both Kevin Nash and Scott Hall were at Raw this past week as well, perhaps meeting with Vince McMahon.

Buff Bagwell Rubs WWF Wrong Way

The WWF apparently feels that in order to make it in the company, Buff Bagwell needs to either tone down, or totally rehaul his gimmick. They feel that he's too much like Scotty 2 Hotty when it comes to his expressions, and mannerisms, and feel that in order to be taken seriously by the WWF crowd, he may need a gimmick change.

Big Show Dissapointed With Creative

Big Show has expressed his dislike to how he's been treated since winning the number one contendership. He feels that he has been left out of the spotlight too many times, and feels that as challenger for the World Heavyweight Championship, he should be more of the focus. Big Show and Undertaker have also reportedly gotten in to a verbal confrontation at the Smackdown tapings, after Taker overheard Big Show mouthing his dissaproval for The Undertaker getting pushed, before the Big Show.

user posted image

Date: 05/16/2001

Time: 9:00 P.M.

Venue: GIANT Center

City/State: Hershey, PA

After defeating Chris Jericho to capture the WWF Intercontinental title, Triple H will defend his newly won belt against the monster who will be going one on one with Stone Cold at Backlash, The Big Show!

Will Triple H be able to overcome this mammoth of an athlete, and walk away champion? Or will Big Show be heading in to Backlash, already a champion?

Also on Raw, new WWF Superstar, Rob Van Dam, will do battle with Justin Credible. On Sunday Night Heat, Credible cost R.V.D. his debut match against X-Pac, and on Raw, Van Dam is looking for revenge.

In a non-title contest, WWF European champion, Eddie Guerrero will face Steven Richards.

Is the Invasion over with?

We saw the WWF align this past Thursday on Smackdown, and take out the major players of the WCW Invasion. Vince McMahon was all smiles come the end of Smackdown. Has WCW finally been stopped?

All this and more, on Raw!

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

-Do you think Triple H and Stephanie McMahon will get a divorce?

Yes

-Who will be Mysterio/Helms' partner at Backlash, against Jerry Lynn, X-Pac, and Credible?

R-V-D..if not...then...kidman

-Is this the end of The Invasion?

nope

-Will Edge and Christian get their title shot opportunity?

hahaha...hahaha...no.

Guest King Edge

No. It's a Hunter/Steph plan and at some point HHH will turn on WWF

-Who will be Mysterio/Helms' partner at Backlash, against Jerry Lynn, X-Pac, and Credible?

Kidman

I hope not. It lacks NWO, Goldberg, Stng and others top WCW superstars. It would be worst than the real storyline

i believe it will be a triple threat E &C vs Outlaws vs Dudleyz, so yes

Yup,HHH wouldn't look right in WCW

RVD

Hell no,we need Sting before it's done

nope,not yet

Guest SquadBoy

Yes

Kidman

No

yes

The WWF Fan Survey

Yes

RVD or Kidman

Heh Heh..Nope

Yep - 3 Way at Backlash

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys. I just noticed, that my dates were messed up. So, it's actually the 23rd, not the 16th. My fault

user posted image

Date: 04/23/2001

Time: 9:00 P.M.

Venue: GIANT Center

City/State: Hershey, PA

Monday Night, you know what that means! The Raw is War opening hits the airwaves, and leads us in to the Giant Center. Pyro explodes from the rafters and the stage, as the fans go wild. The smoke begins to filter throughout the air, as the cameras pan across the pumped up Pennsylvania fans.

Jim Ross: “Hello everyone, and welcome to Monday Night Raw! I’m Jim Ross-“

Paul Heyman: “But more importantly, I’m Paul Heyman! Alongside, J.R., Jim Ross!”

Jim Ross: “What a night we have planned. Triple H defending his newly won Intercontinental title against the seven foot, five hundred pound, Big Show!”

Paul Heyman: “What is that about? Can’t The Game get a full weeks rest? I mean he did just win the damn title.”

Jim Ross: “And after the events which transpired at the conclusion of Smackdown! Is the WCW Invasion finally over? We’ll hear from Commissioner Regal, as well as WWF Chairman Vince McMahon, who is expected to be here.”

“Yo You’re Dealing With That X-Factor!”

X-Factor’s theme music hits, and the fans quickly begin to boo. The lights change over, and Justin Credible comes walking out from the back. Credible plays up the crowds reaction, flipping them off, and talking trash.

Jim Ross: “Justin Credible starting things off here tonight. Facing the man that he screwed out of his debut victory, Rob Van Dam.”

Paul Heyman: “Rob Van Dam, formerly Mr. Pay-Per-View of E-C-W! I know both of these competitors very well, and I assure you tonight J.R., this is going to be a fight.”

Jim Ross: “Justin Credible and Rob Van Dam, not strangers from their time spent in E-C-W.”

As Credible enters the ring, Rob Van Dam’s music cues up. A decent pop for the new WWF superstar, as many WWF fans, don’t know exactly who he is. RVD comes walking out from the back, looking cool and cocky. He points to himself, and mouths just how great he is.

Jim Ross: “By order of commissioner Regal, there is to be no interference during this bout.”

As Lilian Garcia introduces him, he stops on the rampway, and with Lilian, points to himself “Rob” “Van” “Dam”. RVD enters the ring, and locks eyes with Justin Credible. The bell rings.

Justin Credible vs. Rob Van Dam

Match Details: Rob Van Dam introduced himself to the primetime world of the WWF, by defeating Justin Credible with the Five Star Frogsplash. RVD brought down Justin Credible’s brawling based move set, with speed, and technical maneuvers. For a moment it looked like Credible was going to put RVD away with “That’s Incredible” but Rob Van Dam managed to escape the set up, and bring Credible to the mat with a Head Scissor Take Down. This led to RVD climbing the turnbuckle, and hitting his Frogsplash finisher.

Winner: Rob Van Dam

Paul Heyman: “Rob Van Dam, R-V-D, walking away with the victory!”

Jim Ross: “This young man is going to have to be watched, because he’s going somewhere in the WWF.”

Paul Heyman: “If you’d excuse me J.R., I have business I need to attend to.”

Jim Ross: “What?”

The sound of Paul Heyman’s headset being removed and hitting the commentator booth is heard. As Rob Van Dam walks up the ramp, and disappears behind the curtain, Paul Heyman is shown standing at ringside calling for Justin Credible.

Credible rolls out towards Heyman, and stands in front of him. Heyman talks with Credible briefly, and then leads him up the ramp, and to the back.

Jim Ross: “Where the hell is Heyman going? I’m out here all alone!”

----Commercial Break----

We come back from commercial to find Rhyno walking backstage in street clothes and carrying his bag. From behind, Perry Saturn runs up.

Perry Saturn: “Yo, Rhyno!”

Rhyno, who was obviously expecting a fight, quickly turned, almost nailing Saturn.

Perry Saturn: “Easy killer! Listen, where you going?”

Rhyno: “Regal gave me the night off. He wants me in top condition when I bring the Hardcore title home this Sunday.”

Perry Saturn: “Understandable. But hey, speaking of Backlash, I want you to know.. Myself, and the rest of the boys will be watching your back. You know, to make sure no other WCW scum gets involved. I know what that company is about, and I-“

Rhyno: “Woah. Woah. Listen Perry. Let’s make one thing clear right now… I don’t need, nor do I want your help this Sunday. Dean Malenko is a dead man. A dead man, that I’m going to bury… by myself!”

Rhyno turns and walks off, leaving Saturn standing their dumbfounded. Saturn watches him go.

Perry Saturn: “Well if that’s the way you feel, you can forget about it!”

--

We cut to find Jerry Lynn, X-Pac, and Justin Credible standing backstage in a half circle. Before them stands Paul Heyman.

Paul Heyman: “So do we have an understanding? My managerial services, in exchange for you three taking care of some business of my own. Justin, Jerry, we go way back. You know I can be trusted.”

X-Pac: “Yeah, when you don’t have a check book in your hands!”

Paul Heyman: “Don’t let my financial misfortunes cloud this once in a lifetime opportunity. I’m offering the three of you the chance to make a name for yourselves, in a company which has redundantly overlooked you. Do we have a deal?”

Justin Credible and X-Pac both slowly look towards the WWF Light Heavyweight Champion, Jerry Lynn, who has been scratching his goatee listening to what Heyman has to say. Lynn steps forward, and extends his hand.

Jerry Lynn: “With you in our corner, we’re unstoppable.”

Lynn and Heyman shake hands, as Heyman smirks devilishly. Credible and X-Pac walk forward and shake hands with Heyman as well.

--

Back in the arena.

Jim Ross: “Well folks. I don’t know what to say. It appears my broadcast colleague has abandoned his post. But that’s perfectly fine! I’m rather glad to be rid of Paul Heyman! Coming up next, Eddie Guerrero versus Steven Richards!”

The sound of the Right To Censor siren fills the arena, and the fans quickly begin to boo. Steven Richards comes marching out from the back, alone. The Right To Censor leader makes his way down the ramp, and enters the ring.

Jim Ross: “Now here’s a man who I could also live without. Steven Richards, if it’s not his voice which is annoying you, it’s his damn theme music!”

“Latino Heat!!”

Eddie Guerrero’s theme music hits, and the fans quickly begins to cheer. The WWF European champion comes strutting out from the back. He wiggles his hips, and pumps up the crowd, as he walks down the rampway towards the ring. Guerrero slides into the ring, and climbs a turnbuckle, posing for the fans.

Eddie Guerrero© vs. Steven Richards – Non Title

Match Details: The match was quickly won by Eddie Guerrero, following a release German suplex, which allowed for Eddie to climb the turnbuckle, and nail the Frogsplash for the win. Richards did however, get in a tad bit more offense than most, actually staying in control of the bout, until Guerrero ducked a left hand, allowing for the German suplex setup.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero©

After the match as Guerrero celebrated, Val Venis hit the ring, nailing the European champion from behind. The fans quickly began to boo as R.T.C. began to stomp on Eddie Guerrero, beating him down in to the mat. Venis soon locked on a figure four, and as Guerrero screamed in pain, Richards kneeled down in front of him, screaming about how this was for his own good.

Suddenly, from the outside, D’Lo Brown slid in to the ring. As Guerrero’s back up arrived, RTC quickly left the ring, and up the ramp. D’Lo motioned for Richards and Venis to come back, before checking on Guerrero.

Jim Ross: “D’Lo Brown doing what’s right! C’mon Richards! What a coward!”

-----Commercial Break-----

Backstage, Regal and Vince McMahon stand together. Both are looking happy, as Vince begins to gloat.

Vince McMahon: “Good, so tonight’s match between Triple H and Big Show, is no longer for the Intercontinental title, and it’s no DQ!”

William Regal: “I don’t know what I was thinking. I’m sorry Mr. McMahon”

Vince McMahon: “Just don’t make a mistake like that again William. Look at what happened to Shane... I told him William. I told him he didn’t stand a chance in hell… He made a mistake.. And now, well, I proved it! WWF killed WCW once and for all Thursday night on Smackdown! Now maybe, we can start to focus on what’s important!”

“You’re damn right we can!”

The voice, is that of.. The Undertaker. The fans cheer as the camera pans to the right to reveal The Undertaker standing in the doorway. McMahon steps up.

Vince McMahon: “Taker! I’m glad you’re here! I never got to properly shake your hand, and thank you for all that you, your brother, and the APA did on Thursday. So.. thank you!”

Vince extends his hand. Undertaker glares down at it, before looking back at McMahon’s eyes.

The Undertaker: “You can thank me another way..”

Vince McMahon: “How’s that?”

The Undertaker: “By giving me Austin… tonight!”

The fans cheer. McMahon steps back a little, worried. He thinks to himself, and then smiles.

Vince McMahon: “Taker, there’s nothing I’d like better…”

The fans cheer.

Vince McMahon: “BUT! With Backlash so close, I can’t risk my WWF Champion being injured, being fatigued. We’ll talk about the possibility of you versus Stone Cold, after Backlash. Until then…”

McMahon gestures towards the door.

The Undertaker: “Until then nothing. I want Austin tonight whether you-“

William Regal: “Excuse me Mr. McMahon?”

Regal comes walking back in to the picture, holding a piece of paper.

Vince McMahon: “What- What is it?”

William Regal: “This just came over your personal fax. It’s from Stamford…”

McMahon rips the paper out of Regal’s hands, and looks over it. Slowly, a smile forms over his face.

Vince McMahon: “Regal… did you read this?!”

William Regal: “No sir I didn’t-“

Vince McMahon: “It says that tonight, the Executive Board will be making a huge announcement, regarding the future of the WWF! And it says that my wife Linda will be here in person to deliver the news! Regal, do you have any idea what this means?!”

William Regal: “No sir, I-“

Vince McMahon: “It means that Shane finally smartened up! Linda’s coming here tonight to sign back over the rights of WCW to me, Vince McMahon!”

William Regal: “Sir…”

Vince McMahon: “What is it?”

William Regal: “This also came for you…”

Regal hands McMahon a second piece of paper. McMahon looks it over, and his smile slowly fades.

Vince McMahon: “Well Undertaker… it appears… you got your wish… The Board is ordering that you be rewarded tonight with any match you choose, with the only exception being that it can’t be for a WWF championship.”

The fans cheer. The Undertaker actually smirks.

The Undertaker: “Tonight, Austin step’s into my yard. And you can bet your bottom dollar, that he’ll be leaving it in a body bag!”

Taker walks away. Regal and McMahon watches him go. Vince slowly crumbles up the fax letter, as we fade to another commercial break.

----Commercial Break----

We come back from commercial to find Triple H already standing in the ring, his theme music blaring, and the fans booing him. The WWF Intercontinental title is around his waist.

Jim Ross: “You heard it before we went to break folks! This match between Big Show and Triple H is now no DQ, and non-title! I can’t help but disapprove of McMahon bailing Triple H out, once again. Plus, Linda McMahon will be here tonight, to make some sort of huge announcement!”

The Game’s theme music cuts, and The Big Show’s kicks in. The fans quickly cheer as the pyro shoots up from the stage, and The Big Show emerges from the curtain. Big Show walks down the ramp, and enters the ring. He throws his hand into the air, signaling for the chokeslam, as the fans pop.

Triple H© vs. Big Show – Non-Title, No Disqualification

Match Details: Cat and mouse. Big Show hunted, Triple H ran. Well, The Game did attack, but made sure to keep away from The Big Show’s offense. When Show did get his hands on Triple H, it was an all out power showcase. One spot saw Triple H go to knee smash Show in the face, only to get caught, and tossed from one side of the ring, into the other sides ropes. Triple H came flying back, into the big boot from Show. Show then called for the chokeslam, sparking a nice pop from the fans. He hoisted Triple H, but The Game was one step ahead, low blowing the seven foot giant to escape. Show fell to a knee, allowing for Triple H to catch his breath, and signal to the back. With that, Rikishi came strolling out from the back, with Triple H’s signature sledge hammer in hand, resting on his shoulder, and a million dollar grin across his face. The fans booed heavily as Rikishi approached the ring, and handed the weapon through the ropes to Triple H. Suddenly, from behind, Rikishi was attacked. It’s Chris Jericho! Chris Jericho pummeled The Big Man from behind with forearms to the back of the head, sending him down to the floor. Jericho stomped Rikishi briefly, as Triple H exploded in the ring in anger. The Game charged the ropes, swinging the sledge down at Jericho. Triple H motioned for Jericho to enter the ring, yet kept him at bay with the weapon when he tried. In the ring, Big Show was now back to his feet, and was sizing The Game up from behind. Jericho slowly pointed behind Triple H, and as The Game turned, he was met with a catchers mit of a fist around his throat. Big Show hoisted him up, and sent him back down for the chokeslam. Show made the cover. One, two, three.

Winner: The Big Show

After the match, Big Show quickly exited the ring, taking Triple H’s sledge hammer with him. On the floor, Rikishi was back up, holding his head. Show slowly approached Rikishi, weapon in hand, looking for revenge. Rikishi turned and moved up the ramp, running from the Big Show.

Back in the ring, Jericho stood over the fallen Triple H. He had retrieved a microphone from ringside.

Chris Jericho: “Just incase you weren’t told already Hunter… At Backlash, it’s The Game, Triple Hate’ge, going up against me! Y! 2! J!”

Jericho throws the microphone down, and exits the ring, as the fans cheer, and his theme music plays.

Jim Ross: “The Game versus Chris Jericho, at Backlash! There’s a match Vince McMahon can’t get Triple H out of!”

---Commercial Break---

We come back from commercial to find a limousine pulling up in the parking lot. The camera pans out to reveal Vince McMahon standing alongside William Regal. McMahon is all smiles.

Vince McMahon: “Here she is..”

The limo stops, and McMahon walks over, and opens the door.

Vince McMahon: “Linda I’m so glad you finally made-“

McMahon takes a step back, his eyes bulging.

Vince McMahon: “What the hell are YOU doing here?!”

From the limousine, “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase emerges. The fans in the arena quickly jump on the legend band wagon, and erupt. Ted fixes his suit jacket, and tie, and cracks his neck as bit, smiling.

Ted DiBiase: “It’s good to see you too Vince!”

Vince McMahon: “You haven’t answered my question… Why are you here Ted?”

William Regal: “Answer Mr. McMahon!”

Ted DiBiase: “I’m here because Backlash is this Sunday…”

Vince McMahon: “And?”

Ted DiBiase: “And, I’m here to work out the details of the McMahon/Million Dollar partnership”

DiBiase points to McMahon, and then himself. The fans pop.

Vince McMahon: “Partnership? What the- I assure you Ted, there is no partnership between you and I! Now, get back in your limo, and get-“

Ted DiBiase: “And I assure you, Vince… You’re absolutely right.. You see, my partnership isn’t with you… It’s with your wife.. Linda!”

The fans cheer. Regal steps back, worried. McMahon looks on, confused.

Ted DiBiase: “Don’t look confused Vince, it’ll all be announced later tonight.. Linda should be here in a few moments. And hey, aren’t I in time for the main event? Well, if you excuse me… The Undertaker is a dear.. dear.. personal friend of mine, although we do have quite the history. I certainly don’t want to miss this!”

Ted pats McMahon on the shoulder, and then breaks into his signature million dollar laugh as he walks away. The fans pop hard for the laugh, as the camera zooms in on McMahon and Regal. McMahon’s facial expression hasn’t changed, and Regal is just shaking his head in disbelief. We cut to commercial.

Jim Ross: “Ted DiBiase?!”

--Commercial—

We come back from commercial, and go right to the arena floor.

“Keep on Rollin Baby!”

The Undertaker’s theme music hits, and the fans pop. Taker comes riding out on his motorcycle, and drives down the ramp. He circles the ring, and then parks the bike by the entrance ramp. The Dead Man enters the ring, and throws his fists into the air for the crowd.

Jim Ross: “What a night, and we’re no where near over! Undertaker about to lock up with the WWF Heavyweight champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin! Ted DiBiase, here tonight! Why? We don’t know! Linda McMahon, expected here tonight! Why? We don’t know!”

Glass shattering fills the arena, and Stone Cold Steve Austin’s theme music hits. The fans instantly begin to boo as the WWF World Heavyweight champion comes walking out from the back, the title draped over his shoulder.

Austin walks down the ramp and enters the ring, blowing off The Undertaker, and climbing the nearest turnbuckle. Austin throws both middle fingers in the air, directed towards the fans, igniting a series of camera flashes.

Austin climbs the remaining three turnbuckles, doing the same pose, before stepping down and walking towards the ref. The referee takes the belt from Austin, and hands it off to a ring crew member.

As the ref is distracted, Austin charges Undertaker, and begins pounding him with left fists.

Stone Cold© vs. The Undertaker – Non-Title

Match Details: Stone Cold and The Undertaker had the fans in the palm of their hands. Back and fourth match with both men eventually scoring their signature moves. At the nine minute mark, Vince McMahon appeared from backstage, walking with Triple H and William Regal towards the ring. The fans got all over the group as they got to the ringside area. It wasn’t long before Regal jumped up on the apron, distracting the referee, and allowing Triple H to quickly enter the ring, and low blow The Undertaker. Stone Cold retaliated by grabbing Taker by the shoulders, to bring him back to his feet. However, The Undertaker quickly returned with a throat hold around Austin, rising, and signaling for a chokeslam. Regal continued to distract, allowing HHH to enter the ring again, and take out the knee of Undertaker. From the back, Chris Jericho came flying out, steel chair in hand. The fans erupted as Y2J quickly went for Triple H, chasing him around the ring, and up the ramp. Jericho remained at ringside, stalking McMahon and Regal. In the ring, Austin connected with a kick to the gut, and setup for the stunner, but Undertaker pushed him in to the ropes, and then connected with a big boot to the face. Regal got up on the apron again, but Jericho quickly ran around, knocking the Commissioner off of the apron, and then whipping him in to the guardrail. Undertaker lifted Austin to his feet, and set him up for the Last Ride, which he soon connected with. One, two, three.

Winner: The Undertaker

After the match, Undertaker taunted McMahon at ringside. Jericho soon brought the WWF Championship in to the ring, handing it off to The Undertaker who raised it proudly, pointing at McMahon, and then placed it over the fallen champion.

Jim Ross: “Austin taken out! My God! If this was the title we’d have a new champion right now!”

Linda McMahon’s music hits.

The fans in the arena erupt as a spotlight hits the stage, and Linda McMahon, accompanied by Ted DiBiase walks out. Linda smiles as DiBiase plays up to the crowd. The duo enter the ring, with Jericho lifting the rope for Linda, and DiBiase shaking hands with Jericho and Undertaker.

Jim Ross: “Maybe now we’ll get some answers!”

Linda McMahon: “Vince, if you could, please, come in to the ring…”

Linda turns toward Jericho and Undertaker.

Linda McMahon: “I’m sure I can trust you boys to behave yourselves for the next few moments.”

Jericho laughs, and Undertaker shakes his head. McMahon enters the ring, followed slowly by William Regal who is back up.

Linda McMahon: “Well Vince, I’m sure you’ve been wondering all night why I was coming here. Well, if you think I’m here to in form you that Shane will be selling the WCW name back to you… you wrong.”

The fans cheer. McMahon looks irritated.

Linda McMahon: “I’ll get to WCW in a moment tho. First, I brought Ted DiBiase here tonight to tell you about what he and myself have planned for the Backlash pay-per-view this Sunday. You see, there’s one major WWF star who has gone, overlooked, for this Sunday. One star who’s, credentials, should have him focused on and marketed for the pay-per-view. He’s the one WWF superstar, the only one, to ever become an Olympic Gold Medallist… Kurt Angle!”

The fans break into a mixed chant of “Angle-Angle-Angle” and “Angle Sucks! Angle Sucks!”

Linda McMahon: “So, this Sunday, DiBiase has challenged Kurt Angle to a match, not one-on-one, but rather Kurt Angle vs. a superstar who DiBiase has been refurnishing, and teaching for the last several months. That superstar is-“

DiBiase suddenly places his hand over the microphone. He slowly tilts it towards his mouth.

Ted DiBiase: “If you don’t mind Linda… I’d like the identity of my WWF superstar to remain somewhat of a mystery.. I was always a sucker for drama!”

DiBiase laughs as he gives control of the microphone back to Linda.

Linda McMahon: “Alright Ted, if you wish… Moving on.. My business here tonight does also concern WCW… But not in the sense that you’re thinking. My business here tonight also concerns… you.”

Linda turns towards Regal, who is holding the back of his head. Regal mouths “What?!” to Linda.

Linda McMahon: “William…William…William. For the last several months that you’ve been WWF Commissioner, you’ve done nothing but look after whoever was in your.. or Vince’s, best interest. Well, I’m here tonight to tell you that the Board of Executives haven’t been blind, and we’ve been reviewing your actions for the last few weeks.”

Regal approaches McMahon, frantically, trying to get him to talk to Linda.

Linda McMahon: “Without your knowledge Regal, you’ve been on sort of a, probation, and let me tell you what really motivated the board to take action… You remember last week, when you booked WCW superstars to appear on a WWF pay-per-view?”

Regal slowly nods, beginning to understand, and look glum.

Linda McMahon: “Good, so then you also remember that following the beginning of this Invasion, after WCW vs. WWF was proven to do nothing but disrupt WWF television, the Board of Executives banned any in ring competition between WCW superstars, on WWF TV.”

Regal again nods.

Linda McMahon: “So then, what were you thinking? No, it actually doesn’t matter. Regal, I’m here to tell you, in the only way a McMahon can… That as far as WWF Commissioner is concerned…. YOU’RE FIRED!!”

Linda does her best Vince McMahon impression. The arena erupts. McMahon steps back, dumbfounded. Regal’s jaw drops.

Linda McMahon: “You’ll be reassigned to being a full time WWF WRESTLER, and the Board of Directors will take over your duties until after Backlash.”

Regal begins to argue with Vince, who argues right back. Vince screams that there’s nothing he can do about it, if the Board of Executives made the decision. Regal suddenly shoves Vince, and continues to scream and yell. From behind Regal is attacked by Stone Cold, who is back up.

Linda and Ted quickly exit as a brawl ensues between Austin and Regal. Undertaker and Jericho are shown looking at one another. They both slowly shrug, and enter the brawl.

Jericho and Undertaker pull Austin and Regal off one another, and begin to fight with them. Undertaker brings Austin down to the mat with a short arm clothesline, as Jericho sends Regal over the top rope. The WWF copyright symbol appears on the bottom left of the screen.

Jim Ross: “Regal is fired! Regal fired as WWF Commissioner! All hell has broken loose as far as Vince McMahon is concerned! We’ve got to go! We’ll see you-“

The live feed cuts out, as the WWF logo scrolls across the screen.

The WWF Fan Survey

-Who will be named the new WWF Commissioner?

-Who will Angle's opponent be at Backlash?

user posted image

user posted image

Preview for April 26th 2001

A Preview of Backlash!

The WWF Board of Executives have already began taking over the duties of former WWF Commissioner, William Regal. Announced for this Thursday is a "Preview of WWF Backlash" featuring a taste of the matches to take place this Sunday.

X-Factor (Jerry Lynn, X-Pac, Justin Credible) will take on three mystery opponents, as they prepare themselves for WCW's Rey Mysterio, Shane Helms, and their third partner.

WWF European Champion Eddie Guerrero will take on Right To Censor's, The Goodfather, as he prepares for his rematch with Steven Richards this Sunday at Backlash.

And in the main event, WWF World Heavyweight Champion, and WWF Intercontinental Champion, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H, will team up to take on their opponents for the pay-per-view, The Big Show and Chris Jericho!

All this and more on Smackdown!

user posted image

Stone Cold Steve Austin© vs. The Big Show - WWF World Heavyweight Championship

Triple H© vs. Chris Jericho - WWF Intercontinental Championship

Dean Malenko© vs. Rhyno - WWF Hardcore Championship

Eddie Guerrero© vs. Steven Richards - WWF European Championship

Kurt Angle vs. TBA

X-Factor vs. Rey Mysterio, Shane Helms, TBA

The New Age Outlaws vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boys© vs. The Hardy Boys vs. APA vs. The Brothers of Destruction vs. The Hollys vs. Val Venis/The Goodather - WWF Tag Team Championship - Tag Team Brawl 4 All!

Tag Team Brawl 4 All

Recently announced for Backlash, is the WWF Tag Team Brawl 4 All contest. The match begins with two WWF tag team's in the ring. They battle, with a man being eliminated from the match when he is thrown over the top rope. At the end of two minutes, another tag team will enter the contest. When one member of a team is eliminated, his partner is NOT eliminated as well. The final two men in the ring will be crowned the WWF Tag Team Champions, regardless of if they entered the ring as a team or not.

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

I know you started this a year ago, but still i jst read it all, dunno if this was asked, but why was Wrestlemania cancelled and how did Austin win the title as you ahd him with the title on the March 29th SD, where he didn't win it till APril 1st Mania 17, which you never had, explanation please?

I know you started this a year ago, but still i jst read it all, dunno if this was asked, but why was Wrestlemania cancelled and how did Austin win the title as you ahd him with the title on the March 29th SD, where he didn't win it till APril 1st Mania 17, which you never had, explanation please?

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

Excellent diary here. One thing that I don't really like is the lack of WCW stars. Sure, it's best to start out slow, but there's only 10 guys up against the whole WCW roster! I'm hoping that a couple new guys are brought in with WCW at Backlash.

Excellent diary here. One thing that I don't really like is the lack of WCW stars. Sure, it's best to start out slow, but there's only 10 guys up against the whole WCW roster! I'm hoping that a couple new guys are brought in with WCW at Backlash.

I'm just GLAD to see this diary back in action. I liked RAW since it did add more interesting stuff coming up for Backlash.

I think its someone else beside Booker T. Several months doesnt mean a month and a half to me. I might be wrong, but I think its not gonna Booker vs Angle at backlash.