inVasion - Redone

King.

user posted image

Curt Hennig Returns To World Wrestling Federation

user posted image

The big news coming out today is that Curt Hennig, former WWF, and WCW star, has struck a deal to return to the company. At this time, it is unknown what role Hennig will play with the company. It is unclear about whether or not Hennig has signed on to be an on-air personality, or work behind the scenes. We should have more on this signing in the coming days.

Tazz To Follow In Heyman's Footsteps

user posted image

The current plan is to have Tazz leave the announce position to return full time to active wrestling. Fans got a hint of the return a few weeks back during an episode of Monday Night Raw. Tazz is said to be against the move, but has faith in WWF Creative.

Tough Enough Season 2 Announced

user posted image

It has been recently announced by WWFE that plans to go ahead with Tough Enough Season 2 are underway. The rumored group of WWF trainers are as followed...

Head Trainer: Al Snow

Trainer 1: Steven Richards

Trainer 2: Spike Dudley

Trainer 3: Ivory

Trainer 4: Tori

Trainer 5: Tazz

We'll have more on Tough Enough 2 as it becomes available

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

user posted image

Date: 04/26/2001

Time: 8:00 P.M.

Venue: Continental Airlines Arena

City/State: East Rutherford, NJ

Michael Cole: “Hello everyone, and welcome to Thursday Night Smackdown! A preview of Backlash has been promised by the WWF Board of Executives here tonight. With WWF superstars taking part in matches which will give you, the fans, just a taste of what you can expect this Sunday on Pay-Per-View!”

Tazz: “No doubt Michael Cole, tonight we get a preview of just hot intense, and just how off the hook Backlash is going to be!”

Michael Cole: “Already announced tonight in our big main event of the evening, The Power Trip, Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin will do battle with their respective opponents for the Backlash PPV, Chris Jericho and The Big Show!”

Tazz: “That’s one hell of a match Cole. When the Intercontinental Champion, Triple H, and the WWF World Heavyweight Champion, Steve Austin, step in to the ring, you know it’s going to be a battle. That’s a match I’m really looking forward too.”

Eddie Guerrero vs. The Goodfather

Match Details: Val Venis accompanied Goodfather to the ring, with Steven Richards nowhere to be found. Eddie Guerrero picked up the win with his Three Amigos suplex’s, followed by a frogsplash. Val Venis attempted to disrupt the count, but as he charged Eddie Guerrero, Eddie ducked, sending Venis over the top rope in a bit of a comedic spot.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

After the match, Steven Richards hit the ring, attacking Guerrero from behind. A 3 on 1 beat down ensued until D’Lo Brown came running out from the back, chair in hand. D’Lo chased off Right To Censor, talking trash and taunting them before checking on Guerrero. Eddie stood and pointed at Steven Richards, his opponent for Backlash.

Michael Cole: “Right To Censor getting what they deserve!”

Tazz: “Cole, you know I don’t agree with everything they do, or, actually, anything they do. But I don’t think D’Lo Brown had any right coming out here.”

Michael Cole: “What? Right To Censor was ambushing Eddie Guerrero!”

Tazz: “But each of those men were allowed out here!”

Michael Cole: “Steven Richards attacked him from behind!”

Tazz: “… Smackdown tonight is brought to you by THQ’s The Forbidden Sin, only on Playstation 2! Forbidden sin, so good, it’s sinful!”

Michael Cole: “Way to dodge that one! And by Paramount Pictures Angry Pants! Starring Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman!”

Rhyno vs. Hardcore Holly – Hardcore Rules

Match Details: Two trash cans filled with weapons were placed at the end of the rampway. It wasn’t long before the contents were dumped out, and used to inflict pain. Hardcore Holly controlled the beginning minutes of the match, taking a street sign from the trash can and nailing Rhyno across the head with it. Holly then attempted to choke out Rhyno with a kendo-stick, only to have Rhyno back kick for a low blow, and reverse it into an Arabian face buster. Another big moment came when the action returned back to the ring. Holly had brought in the actual trash can to use as a weapon. Holly got back in to control and sent Rhyno in to the ropes. Holly came back to nail a clothesline, but Rhyno remained standing, actually no-selling the clothesline at all. Holly stood face to face with Rhyno, and then proceeded to chop him across the chest. Nothing. Another chop. No reaction from Rhyno. Suddenly Rhyno let out a loud scream, proceeding to pick Holly up, and slam him across the metal trash can. Rhyno made the cover. One, two, three.

Winner: Rhyno

After the match, as Rhyno was celebrating, the theme music of Dean Malenko hit. The fans quickly began to boo as the WWF Hardcore Champion appeared on the stage in street clothes, microphone in hand.

Michael Cole: “Now what business does he have out here?”

Tazz: “These two are opponents for Backlash Cole”

Michael Cole: “I KNOW that!”

Dean Malenko: “Rhyno! Well, you managed to beat Hardcore Holly… First Raven, now Hardcore. Well, you’re certainly showing ME a thing or two! I said it once, I’ll say it again.. Raven, Hardcore Holly… they aren’t in my league! You think this was a “preview” of Backlash? Please, no one can provide a threat even feasibly as sincere as mine! You think you’re ready for Backlash? Well “Man Beast”, you’re going to be in for a very, very, rude awakening!”

Malenko’s theme music hits, and he smirks on stage. In the ring, Rhyno is visibly more angered, shaking and breathing heavy. Malenko turns and leaves the stage, leaving Rhyno in the ring.

Michael Cole: “These two men will meet at Backlash, Hardcore Rules, for the Hardcore Championship!”

Tazz: “That’s Hardcore!”

We cut backstage where Vince McMahon is shown standing, stirring a cup of coffee. Kurt Angle suddenly walks up, out of breath.

Kurt Angle: “What the hell is this Vince?!”

Vince McMahon: “What’s wrong?”

Kurt Angle: “You’re allowing Linda, and those- those WWF Board of Executives to follow through with that match?! Kurt Angle, an Olympic gold medallist, versus a mystery opponent?! I don’t deserve to be treated this way! I deserve to know who my opponent is going to be, to fully be able to prepare myself!”

Vince McMahon: “Kurt I-“

Kurt Angle: “And another thing! Ted DiBiase?! I thought he was dead! Atleast his career IS anyway! It’s true! It’s damn true! Vince, as WWF Chairman, it is your DUTY to cancel this match for Backlash, or at the very least, make Ted DiBiase indulge the identity of my opponent!”

Vince McMahon: “You make some good points Kurt… But here’s another! You’re right, I am the WWF Chairman, and frankly the truth is, even I need to answer to the Board of Executives. The Executives are there to look out for the well being of my company. And neither you, or I can-“

Vince stops talking looking off camera. Angle turns, and steps back. The camera pans back to reveal Ted DiBiase. The fans cheer.

Ted DiBiase: “Gentlemen! I was just getting myself a nice helping of fruit salad from catering when I heard Angle’s loud complaining.”

Kurt Angle: “Shut your mouth DiBiase, Million Dollar Man! What the hell are you even doing here anyway?!”

Ted DiBiase: “What am I doing here? Well, it’s funny you should ask that Kurt. Because, I’m actually here to announce a match for tonight..”

Vince McMahon: “What the hell are you talking about? You have no authority to book a match!”

Ted DiBiase: “No… I don’t. But since there currently is no WWF Commissioner, the Board of Executives do have the authority.”

The fans cheer.

Ted DiBiase: “So, therefore. Tonight, it’s going to be Kurt Angle versus a man making his return to a WWF ring… William Regal!”

A loud spit is heard off screen. The camera quickly turns to reveal William Regal on the other side of the room, sitting down, in street clothes, eating food. He has just spit out the tea he was drinking upon hearing DiBiase’s announcement. The camera pans back to Ted.

Ted DiBiase: “You two have a good match.. I’ll be watching.”

DiBiase pats Angle on the shoulder, and walks off while breaking into his signature forced laugh. Angle and Vince watch him go, before Angle turns to Vince.

Kurt Angle: “You actually previously employed that guy?”

Vince McMahon: “I’ve grown smarter since then.. Kurt, do me a favor?”

Kurt Angle: “What?”

Vince McMahon: “Kick Regal’s ass!”

We cut back to the arena floor.

Michael Cole: “Certainly no love lose between William Regal and Vince McMahon!”

Tazz: “Do you blame Vinnie Mac? I mean, Regal did physically attack Vince at the end of Raw.”

Michael Cole: “Only after being fired as WWF Commissioner!”

Tazz: “Well, Vince couldn’t do anything about that. Which I think is a disgrace, he’s the chairman, and this Board of Executive stuff has got to stop!”

Christian vs. Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Matt Hardy vs. Road Dogg

Match Details: Elimination rules. A preview of sorts of the Tag Team Brawl 4 All scheduled for Backlash. Each of the participants respective tag team partners were at ringside, with the only ringside altercation happening between D’Von Dudley and Edge, which was soon stopped by the referee/Jeff Hardy/Billy Gunn. The first elimination was Road Dogg, getting pinned following the Twist of Fate from Matt Hardy. Hardy himself was the second elimination, falling victim to the Unprettier only seconds after eliminating Road Dogg. Christian and Bubba Ray Dudley faced off for several more minutes, until Edge managed to grab Bubba Ray Dudley’s foot through the ropes, holding him back and allowing Christian to get in to position, and nail the spear for the victory.

Winner: Christian

After the match, Christian and Edge quickly ran up the ramp, celebrating as if they had just won the tag team titles. In the ring, The Dudleys motioned for Edge and Christian to come back and fight. But the duo just kept on walking, saying that they’d see them at Backlash.

Michael Cole: “Edge and Christian, back on the winning streak!”

Tazz: “If that happens at Backlash, we’ll have new tag team champs! Something, I’ve been hoping for, for weeks now.”

Michael Cole: “Let’s not forget about how Christian won that match though. Without Edge’s interference, I’m willing to bet Bubba Ray would’ve hit the Bubba Cutter, and defeated Christian!”

Tazz: “Did Edge get caught interfering?”

Michael Cole: “No, but-“

Tazz: “Didn’t happen!”

Backstage, Paul Heyman is shown standing with X-Factor.

Paul Heyman: “I set this match up to allow you guys to fully prepare for this Sunday. What better way to get in shape for facing one mystery opponent, then facing three?”

X-Pac: “You should’ve talked to us about this before you had this match booked I mean what-“

Jerry Lynn: “Cool it Pac, Heyman’s right. We need to be in full swing this Sunday. Besides, no matter who it is, we’ll serve them up with a nice dose of royal ass kicking.”

Paul Heyman: “Good. Now that we’re all on the same page. Go out there, and show me why I agreed to manage you three. Your match is next.”

Back to the arena floor.

Michael Cole: “I guess we’ll soon see who Heyman has chosen to face X-Factor.”

Tazz: “It’s not you is it?”

Michael Cole: “Yeah, me and you versus X-Factor. Smell the ratings.”

X-Factor’s theme music hits, and the trio comes walking out from the back. The fans boo the group as Justin Credible and X-Pac blow them off, and Jerry Lynn just keeps his cool. The trio gets in to the ring, and Jerry Lynn is handed a microphone.

Jerry Lynn: “Tonight, we prepare ourselves to face Rey Mysterio, Shane Helms, and whoever their mystery partner is. We’re going to get ready for three by issuing an open challenge. So c’mon! Step up!”

Lynn throws down the microphone and gets ready.

Michael Cole: “Well, who’s it going to be?”

Kaientai’s theme music hits, and the fans quickly cheer. Lynn and the rest of X-Factor smile in the ring. TAKA Michinoku and Funaki come stomping out from the back, microphones in hand. They stand on the stage, as their theme music fades.

TAKA Michinoku: (Voiceover) “ Jerry Lynn! X-Pac! Justin Credible! You think you can stop the power, and agility of Kaientai? Please! Do not make us laugh!”

Kaientai, in stereo, place their hands on their bellies and erupt in overdone cheesy laughter.

TAKA Michinoku: (Voiceover) “A thought that is without a doubt, laughable!”

Funaki: (Voiceover) “INDEEEED!!”

TAKA Michinoku: (Voiceover) “But wait! There is only two of us, so allow for myself and Funaki to introduce you to our third tag team partner!”

Kaientai step aside and motion to the back. X-Factor become serious again, waiting for the third man to come out.

Tazz: “This IS a threat Cole!”

The theme music of Spike Dudley hits, and the fans cheer again. Spike Dudley comes walking out from the back, shaking hands with Kaientai and leading them down towards the ring.

Michael Cole: “What the hell is this?”

Tazz: “What?!”

Michael Cole: “Spike Dudley and Kaientai?! You’re telling me Paul Heyman made this match actually thinking this would be a threat?”

Tazz: “Cole, Spike Dudley, Taka, and Funky Funaki are three of the most talented professional wrestlers in the business. I wouldn’t want to step foot in the ring with them! Not to mention what I believe is a perfect respresentation of anything WCW.”

Michael Cole: ‘Funky Funaki?”

Tazz: “He wrestled under that name in NWA.”

Michael Cole: “What, no he didn’t!”

Tazz: “…Tonight’s Smackdown is brought to you by-“

Michael Cole: “WE DID THAT ALREADY!”

X-Factor vs. Kaientai/Spike Dudley

Match Details The three underdog light heavyweights actually surprised X-Factor. The trio of underdogs managed to hit some nice high flying, fast paced maneuvers on the challengers. However, the momentum died down when Jerry Lynn suddenly low blowed Spike Dudley while the referee was distracted. This allow for Lynn to easily set up for the cradle piledriver, and score the pinfall victory.

Winners: X-Factor

Michael Cole: “Jerry Lynn cheating to win!”

Tazz: “I don’t blame him!”

Michael Cole: “Of course you don’t.”

“Here Comes The Money!”

Tazz: “What the-“

Michael Cole: “What?!”

Shane McMahon’s theme music hits, and the fans begin to cheer. After a brief moment Shane McMahon appears from the entry way. He immediately begins to play up to the crowd as he walks towards the ring.

Michael Cole: “What the hell is he doing here?”

Tazz: “Excuse Cole, but I’ll be the first to say it. Business is about to pick up!”

Shane enters the ring, and is handed a microphone. He moves to the beat of his music a bit more before signaling for it to cut off. He raises the microphone.

Shane McMahon: “I’m sure all of you are wondering why I’m here tonight… But first, let me assure all of the boys in the back, that I am in fact, here, alone.”

Michael Cole: “I’m not sure if I can believe that.”

Shane McMahon: “So… Vince?! If you’d be so kind, I’d like you to come on out here please!”

Shane lowers the microphone and slowly paces in the ring.

Michael Cole: “He’s calling Vince out!”

Tazz: “Guts Cole. You don’t have any.”

“No Chance!”

Vinnie Mac’s theme hits, and he comes walking out from the back, already holding a microphone.

Vince McMahon: “Shane you better be here for one reason and that’s to sign back the WCW name and rights to me!”

Shane McMahon: “Vince… What's the matter with you? Are you afraid of a little competition?”

Vince McMahon: “Afraid? Competition? Shane let me assure you that as a business man, I’m afraid of no competition. And as a man in general… no one intimidates me!”

Shane McMahon: “Really? Well Vince. It’s a real shame about William Regal being fired as WWF Commissioner, I mean, now you have no one to answer your little personal faxes.”

Vince lowers the microphone a bit.

Shane McMahon: “Oh, so you didn’t get the message? Well then, I’ll fill you in. You see, it turns out your Board of Executives are looking to end this Invasion, just as much as you are. So, they’ve made themselves a match for Backlash…”

The fans begin to murmor.

Shane McMahon: “It’s actually a match we’ve already seen, but with one, slightly, heightened risk… A Wrestlemania rematch Vince! Shane McMahon versus Vince McMahon! Father versus Son!”

The arena erupts.

Michael Cole: “WOAH!”

Tazz: “REMATCH!”

Shane McMahon: “Here’s the catch Vince… If you win the Invasion is over with. Through! But if I win… WCW takes control of WWF television…”

Michael Cole: “That’s too big of a risk!”

Tazz: “Shh Cole!”

Vince slowly raises the microphone.

Vince McMahon: “So a winner takes all scenario? You know what Shane… For the last few weeks you’ve done nothing but become a royal pain in my ass. You’re “WCW Invaders” have disrupted WWF TV for the last time… You want a rematch? You got it!”

The fans erupt. Shane smiles. Vince actually smiles on stage. Shane leans over the ropes and motions for his father to “Just Bring It”.

Vince McMahon: “Shane.. I’m going to make your mother, and your backstabbing sister regret everything that has come about because of this Invasion. It’s time you were taught a lesson! A lesson you won’t soon forget!”

Vince McMahon’s theme music hits, and he devilishly smiles. Vince walks to the back, leaving Shane nodding in the ring, and playing up to the fans still.

Michael Cole: “I don’t believe it! A Wrestlemania rematch at Backlash! Father vs. Son!”

Tazz: “I got to hand it to Vince for stepping up and accepting the challenge. But Cole, if Vince loses, we’ll be WCW employees.”

Michael Cole: “A risk Vince feels has to be taken.”

Kurt Angle vs. William Regal

Match Details: In the beginning of the match, William Regal was hesitant in squaring up with Angle, but Kurt quickly attacked kicking the match off. This was actually a great technical match, with a nice series of chain wrestling towards the end. Kurt Angle remained in control of the match, until the fans actually started to rally behind the former WWF Commissioner. Regal battled back, knocking Angle in the head with some stiff elbows, slowly the Olympic gold medallist down. The end of the match came about when Regal called for the brass knuckle shot, reaching in to his tights and setting up for the Power of The Punch. However, Angle managed to dodge the punch, pulling Regal’s arm through, and allowing himself to easily hit the Angle Slam. One, two, three.

Winner: Kurt Angle

Michael Cole: “Kurt Angle, defeating William Regal!”

Tazz: “Welcome back Regal!”

Michael Cole: “Let’s send it to the back where Kevin Kelly is standing along with Chris Jericho!”

We cut backstage where Chris Jericho is shown standing with Kevin Kelly. The fans cheer as they see Jericho.

Kevin Kelly: “Jericho, in just a few moments you’ll go out to the ring, to team with Big Show, to take on the WWF World Heavyweight Champion, Stone Cold, and your opponent for this Sunday, Triple H. You’re comments?”

Chris Jericho: “My comments? You want to know how I feel Kevin Kelly? I’ll tell you how I feel. I’m sick and tired of Triple H and Steve Austin having the boss in their back pocket. I’m sick and tired of being overlooked, and under booked when it comes to my career here in the WWF. But don’t be mistaken Kevin Kelly, I’m not about to let this opportunity escape me. This Sunday, I plan on defeating Triple H in the center of the ring, winning the Intercontinental championship, and showing the world that Chris Jericho is not a force to be reckoned with! As far as tonight goes.. I assure you there is no love lose between The Big Show and I. But we both share the desire to end the reign of Steve Austin and Hunter Helmsley. Tonight, I’m walking in a fighter, and walking out that much closer to the Intercontinental championship!”

Jericho walks off, and Kevin Kelly watches him go. We cut back to the arena floor.

Big Show/Chris Jericho vs. The Power Trip

Match Details: The ref didn’t keep control for very long. As Big Show and Triple H were going at it, Chris Jericho ran around and attacked Stone Cold on the outside. All four men began to brawl until extra referees came out to regain control. Pretty soon it was Chris Jericho against Triple H. On the outside, Big Show was still looking to get his hands on Austin, with several referees holding him back, and Stone Cold visibly shaken by the seven foot monster looking for him. Back in the ring, Triple H managed to low blow Jericho, and set him up for the pedigree. However, Jericho managed to fight out of it, dumping the intercontinental champion behind him, and reversing the momentum. Jericho continued to attack with a double knee left, followed by a quick drop kick to send The Game back down. Pretty soon that led to a bulldog, followed by the Lionsault. Jericho made the cover. One, two, three!!

Winners: Chris Jericho/Big Show

Michael Cole: “I don’t believe it! Jericho scored the pinfall victory!”

Tazz: “If he can do that again at Backlash, he has the Intercontinental championship in his grips!”

Michael Cole: “Wait a minute!”

Rikishi was out at ringside, out of no place, attacking Chris Jericho from behind. Taking their cue, Triple H and Stone Cold soon began to double team The Big Show, with Austin getting a chair involved. Big Show briefly escaped the beating, grabbing the World Champion by his throat, but a chair shot to the back by Triple H sent the big man to his knees.

The lights in the arena suddenly went out.

Pyro explodes from the stage, and is followed up by Rollin from Limp Bizkit. The fans erupt as the Brothers of Destruction come storming out from the back.

The duo chase away the Power Trip and Rikishi, as they retreat to the back. Big Show and Jericho pull themselves up, and gaze up at their opponents for Backlash.

Michael Cole: “What a match! What a pay-per-view! Folks, we’ll see you Sunday!”

Tazz: “Man oh man!”

The WWF Fan Survey

Predictions for Backlash!

Vince McMahon vs. Shane McMahon - Winner Takes All

BONUS: Who, if anyone, will interfere?

Stone Cold© vs. Big Show - WWF World Heavyweight Championship

Triple H© vs. Chris Jericho - WWF Intercontinental Championship

Dean Malenko© vs. Rhyno - WWF Hardcore Championship

BONUS: How many times will the hardcore championship change hands at Backlash?

Eddie Guerrero© w/ D'Lo Brown vs. Steven Richards /RTC - WWF European Championship

WWF Tag Team Championship Brawl For All

The New Age Outlaws vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boys© vs. The Hardy Boys vs. APA vs. The Brothers of Destruction vs. The Hollys vs. Val Venis/The Goodather

BONUS: Who is the first COMPLETE team to be eliminated?

Kurt Angle vs. TBA

BONUS: Who is DiBiase's client?

X-Factor vs. Rey Mysterio/Shane Helms/TBA

BONUS: Who is the mystery partner?

-Whoever gets the most correct gets to book the Sunday Night Heat main event at Judgment Day

Edited by SlapDashKOTW

BONUS: Hm...all of the WCW invaders and William Regal

Big Show wins by DQ.

Too early for HHH to give the belt back up.

BONUS: How many times will the hardcore championship change hands at Backlash? I'll say 4.

Eddie Guerrero© w/ D'Lo Brown vs. Steven Richards /RTC - WWF European Championship

While a Stevie push would be fun, not as a member of RTC, please.

The New Age Outlaws vs. Edge and Christian vs. The Dudley Boys© vs. The Hardy Boys vs. APA vs. The Brothers of Destruction vs. The Hollys vs. Val Venis/The Goodather

BONUS: Who is the first COMPLETE team to be eliminated?

The Hollys

Kurt Angle vs. TBA

BONUS: Who is DiBiase's client? Mr. Perfect

BONUS: Who is the mystery partner? Billy Kidman, just a hunch.

BONUS: Who, if anyone, will interfere? Steph, Linda, Triple H

I almost was thinking "He's booking himself into a corner that can't be brought out of", but then I had another thought, and I think I may be very correct on it, but I'm not sure so I won't say what it is. Needless to say, I think that Shane McMahon's WCW Invasion will be over.

BONUS: How many times will the hardcore championship change hands at Backlash? 3

I love Eddy and all, but.....GO STEVIE!

BONUS: Who is the first COMPLETE team to be eliminated? Hollys

Kurt Angle vs. TBA

BONUS: Who is DiBiase's client? I have no idea. It wouldn't be Hennig or Tazz, because if it was then you wouldn't have announced it. To take a complete shot in the dark, I'll say.....AJ Styles.

BONUS: Who is the mystery partner? Ultimo Dragon

Guest King Edge

The WWF Fan Survey

BONUS: Who, if anyone, will interfere? MR PERFECT

BONUS: How many times will the hardcore championship change hands at Backlash? 3 times

BONUS: Who is the first COMPLETE team to be eliminated? HOLLYS

Kurt Angle vs. TBA

BONUS: Who is DiBiase's client? Mr Perfect

BONUS: Who is the mystery partner? Psicosis

Edited by King Edge

user posted image

Match Changed For Backlash!

WWF.com recently added the following promo banner for the X-Factor vs. Mysterio, Helms, and the TBA partner.

user posted image

The following bit of info has also been changed.

Wildcard Match

The rules are simple. There are no rules. The WWF Board of Executives recently decided that due to the fact that Rey Mysterio, Shane Helms, and their mystery partner are not under WWF contracts, the WWF can't be held responsible for any injuries during the match. Therefore, this match is officially off the books, and anything can go!

Sunday Night Heat Preview

user posted image

Chyna defends her WWF Women's championship against Lita

PLUS! The build-up to Backlash!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

In a shocking turn of events, Dean Malenko won himself the WWF Hardcore championship on an edition of Monday Night Raw. Soon after, Malenko jumped ship to Shane McMahon’s WCW, taking the Hardcore title with him. Rhyno then went to former WWF Commissioner, William Regal, demanding a match with Dean for the Hardcore title at Backlash. He got his wish. Can Rhyno bring the gold back home? Or will a WWF Championship remain in the hands of the enemy?

user posted image

It seems as if Steven Richards has taken a personal attachment to Eddie Guerrero. It’s no secret that Eddie Guerrero likes to have fun and party. Actions, that Steven Richards and the rest of the Right To Censor, undoubtedly look down upon. Steven Richards has made it his quest to get the European championship away from Eddie Guerrero and bring it into the light. Eddie Guerrero will have his friend, D’Lo Brown in his corner, to make sure the rest of Right To Censor doesn’t get involved.

user posted image

Tag Team Brawl 4 All

Recently announced for Backlash, is the WWF Tag Team Brawl 4 All contest. The match begins with two WWF tag team's in the ring. They battle, with a man being eliminated from the match when he is thrown over the top rope. At the end of two minutes, another tag team will enter the contest. When one member of a team is eliminated, his partner is NOT eliminated as well. The final two men in the ring will be crowned the WWF Tag Team Champions, regardless of if they entered the ring as a team or not.

user posted image

Wildcard Match

The rules are simple. There are no rules. The WWF Board of Executives recently decided that due to the fact that Rey Mysterio, Shane Helms, and their mystery partner are not under WWF contracts, the WWF can't be held responsible for any injuries during the match. Therefore, this match is officially off the books, and anything can go!

user posted image

On an episode of Monday Night Raw, fans were shocked about the appearance of The Million Dollar Man, Ted DiBiase. Ted mentioned some sort of partnership with Linda McMahon. We soon learned that Ted and Linda had come to an agreement where Kurt Angle would face a client of Ted DiBiase’s at Backlash. The identity of his client is still unknown. Will Kurt Angle walk out on top? Or will DiBiase’s new guy take out the Olympian?

user posted image

Chris Jericho was cost his Intercontinental title after interference from Stone Cold Steve Austin. Since then, Jericho has been on a hunt to recapture what he feels is still rightfully his. Will Chris Jericho finally get back the Intercontinental championship? Or will Triple H have yet another card up his sleeve, and walk out of Backlash still the champ?

user posted image

Big Show defeated three other men to win himself the right to be number one contender. Since then, Stone Cold has done nothing but cheat to win, and allude the seven foot monster. This Sunday, The Big Show will finally get his hands on the Texas Rattlesnake. Will Big Show be able to end the reign of Steve Austin? Or will the rest of the Power Trip get involved?

user posted image

Winner Takers It All

If Shane McMahon defeats his father, WCW takes control of WWF television. If Vince defeats Shane, the WCW Invasion is over with.

Guest Crossface

BONUS: Steph,Triple H,Linda,Buff,Steiner,APA.

BONUS: It will not change hands.

BONUS: The Hollys will be eliminated first.

Kurt Angle vs. TBA

BONUS: Booker T is the client.

BONUS: Shannone Moore is the partner.

BONUS: Steph, Linda, Eric Bischoff

-Yes, I'm predicting a draw. Then WCW gets Smackdown!

BONUS: Twice

BONUS: Venis/Godfather go first.

Kurt Angle vs. TBA

BONUS: No guess...

BONUS: Shannone Moore

Prediction's are closed!

user posted image

Chyna© vs. Lita – WWF Women’s Championship

Match Details: Chances are, Chyna demanded a match at a pay-per-view ten minutes before show time. The fans were semi in to this. Most of the fans were more in to chanting “We Want Puppies” or some equally as offensive chant. Chyna managed to score the pinfall victory following a double arm DDT.

Winner: Chyna

Tazz: “And Chyna walks away as champion!”

Jim Ross: “Folks I’m getting word that there’s some type of altercation taking place backstage. We’re trying to get a camera there now”

We cut backstage. The camera man is frantically running down the hallway, as the image on the screen is all over the place. We finally reach the end of the hallway and some loud commotion is heard. The camera turns to reveal a fallen D’Lo Brown, surrounded by The Goodfather, Val Venis, and Steven Richards.

Jim Ross: “We need help!”

Venis and Goodfather stomp on D’Lo Brown as Steven Richards shouts out orders.

Steven Richards: “You want to be a hero? I’m your hero! Allow me to save you!”

Venis and Goodfather let up on the attack. D’Lo holds the back of his head, and grinds his teeth.

D’Lo Brown: “Screw you!”

Venis and Goodfather attack once again. Quickly referees and agents come running in to the room, separating the attack. Eddie Guerrero also appears, and tries to go after Right To Censor.

Tazz: “Get him Eddie! Get him!”

Jim Ross: “Folks, we’re running out of time here! We’ll see you on pay-per-view!”

The copyright image appears, and we fade to black as the brawl is continued to be held apart.

user posted image

Date: April 29th, 2001

Time: 8:00 PM

Venue: Oklahoma City's Ford Center

City/State: Oklahoma City, OK

“Click, Click Boom!” by Saliva hits, as the Backlash opening video plays. The video is filled with various shots of WWF superstars, spliced together to promote the matches for tonight. The video also features a bit of history on the WCW Invasion, and ends with Shane McMahon announcing the Wrestlemania rematch for tonight, and Vince McMahon swearing to win.

We cut inside the Ford Center where pyro explodes from the stage and shoots down from the rafters. The fans are on their feet as the lights come on, and the camera begin to circle the crowd. We then hear the voice of Oklahoma’s own, Jim Ross.

Jim Ross: “Hello everyone and welcome to Backlash! I’m Good O’le Jim Ross, and alongside me is my broadcast partner for this evening, Tazz! Tazz, it’s good to have you here!”

Tazz: “Oh man J.R., it’s good to be here! I’m so excited for tonight’s matches and hey, I’ve got the best seat in the house!”

Jim Ross: “There’s no doubt that tonight will be jam packed with action and excitement. Let’s turn it over to WWF’s own, Lilian Garcia!”

Lilian Garcia: “The following contest is scheduled for one fall, and it is for the WWF European Championship!”

The Right To Censor theme music hits, and the fans quickly begin to boo as the red lights blink and the siren blares.

Jim Ross: “As we were going off the air on Sunday Night Heat, we saw these three men attacking D’Lo Brown. D’Lo WAS scheduled to be in Eddie Guerrero’s corner tonight, and allow me to reiterate “was”. D’Lo is now on his way to the hospital!”

The Right To Censor have emerged from the curtain with Venis and Goodfather leading the way.

Lilian Garcia: “Making his way to the ring, the challenger. Being accompanied by fellow Right To Censor members, Val Venis and The Goodfather. Steven Richards!”

Tazz: “Jr., I’m all for expressing your beliefs and standing up for what you believe in. Yeah, I’ve been known to somewhat agree with what Steven Richards preaches. But what I don’t agree with is what they did to D’Lo Brown. That just ain’t fair!”

Jim Ross: “Forget fair, that’s just not right! A person shouldn’t orchestrate an attack on another human being, and stand there delivering orders!”

RTC has entered the ring. Goodfather and Venis pound fists with Steven Richards, before exiting the ring, and standing at ringside.

Lilian Garcia: “And his opponent…”

“Latino Heat!!” Eddie Guerrero’s theme music hits, and the fans go wild. The WWF European champion comes walking out from the back, the European championship around his waist. His eyes are dead set on Steven Richards.

Jim Ross: “And folks, you’ll notice Eddie Guerrero isn’t his usual self, and frankly I don’t blame him!”

Tazz: “Of course. I wouldn’t be either!”

Jim Ross: “I can’t help but think Eddie Guerrero is now facing a three on one assault here tonight!”

Eddie walks down the ramp, and stops before the ring. He points at Venis and Goodfather on the other side of the arena floor, and talks a bit of trash.

Lilian Garcia: “He is the current WWF European Champion, Eddie Guerrero!”

Eddie jumps up to a knee on the ring apron, and pauses a bit, looking at Steven Richards. Richards motions for Guerrero to come in, smiling devilishly. Eddie’s theme fades.

Jim Ross: “Eddie hesitant about entering the ring.”

Tazz: “He hasn’t forgotten about Venis and The Goodfather.”

Chris Benoit’s theme music suddenly hits. Richards jumps back, and Venis and Goodfather quickly turn toward the entry way. Eddie slowly smiles.

Tazz: “Woah!”

Jim Ross: “Hang on a minute here folks!”

Chris Benoit comes walking out from the back. He stops on stage with his hands on his hips, and walks down the ramp. Guerrero jumps down and slaps hands with Benoit as he reaches ringside. Richards begins to argue with the referee, who just shrugs. Venis and Goodfather jump up on the apron and argue as well.

Tazz: “Right To Censor none to happy about the Crippler being out here!”

Guerrero slides into the ring, and immediately attacks the distracted Steven Richards. He knocks Venis and Goodfather down off the apron in the process.

user posted image

Match Details: Eddie and Stevie fought a fast paced, technical match. The fans were very in to the match, as both men kept them guessing. Guerrero reversed the Steven Kick attempt by spinning Richards around and nailing a nice belly to back suplex. Richards escaped from the Frogsplash by at the last minute getting his knee’s up. At ringside, the drama between Benoit and the Right To Censor continued with Benoit chasing away Goodfather and Venis whenever they tried to distract the ref or interfere. The ending on the match came about when Richards motioned for another Steven Kick. He went for it, but Eddie managed to duck, and pull the challenger down to the mat. Eddie wrapped on the Crippler Crossface, to the delight of the fans and Benoit at ringside. Venis and Goodfather slid in to the ring and ran at Eddie looking to break up the submission. But Benoit was right there with a double clothesline. Benoit quickly rolled Goodfather and Venis out of the ring, just as Richards submitted.

Winner: Eddie Guerrero© - By Submission

Jim Ross: “Submission!”

Tazz: “What a match!”

Jim Ross: “Thank goodness for Chris Benoit being out here!”

Tazz: “Something tells me this altercation between these two groups isn’t over yet!”

Jim Ross: “Let’s send it to the back where your good friend, Michael Cole, is standing with Edge and Christian!”

Tazz: “Hey! Mikey!”

We cut backstage where Michael Cole is shown standing between Edge and Christian. The fans give a big mixed reaction to the challengers tonight.

Michael Cole: “Thanks Jr. and Tazz. I’m standing with the two men who are looking to win back the WWF Tag Team titles here tonight, Edge and-“

Edge: “Hang on a second Michael Cole! Christian and I aren’t looking to win anything!”

Christian: “We’re not?”

Edge: “We talked about this! Tonight, Christian and I are looking to do nothing more than prove. We’re going to prove to the Board of Executives that Edge and Christian are the best tag team in the WWF. We’re going to prove to the fans that Edge and Christian are the best tag team in the world!”

Christian: “Yeah Cole, I mean, the tag straps are just an extra addition!”

Edge: “An addition which totally reeks of awesomeness!”

Edge and Christian slap hands.

Michael Cole: Well in order to win the belts here tonight, you’re going to have to look out for one another. The rules of the tag team Brawl 4 All state that even if you two enter as a tag team, one of you might be eliminated, and the other might walk away one half of the tag champs!”

Christian: “Rules shmools. Please Michael, you think Edge and Christian ever cared about rules? The only thing we care about is getting what we rightfully deserve… Respect… and the tag team titles!”

Edge: “Totally Michael Cole!”

Christian: “Totally!”

Edge: “I just said that.”

Edge and Christian walk off arguing. Michael Cole watches them go.

We cut back to ringside.

Lilian Garcia: “The following contest is the WWF Tag Team Brawl 4 All!”

The fans cheer.

Lilian Garcia: “The rules are as followed. Two WWF Tag Teams will begin the match. Every two minutes another team will enter the ring. A man is eliminated when he is thrown over the top rope, and BOTH feet touch the ground. When one member of a team is eliminated, his partner is NOT eliminated as well. The match continues until there are only two men remaining. Those two men will be crowned the WWF Tag Team Champions!!”

Tazz: “So basically, act like a team, make sure your partner doesn’t get eliminated, and walk away the tag champs.”

Jim Ross: “In a nutshell.”

The Holly Cousin’s theme music hits, and the fans boo slightly. Hardcore and Crash walk out from the back, and pose on the stage.

Lilian Garcia: “Making their way to the ring, the first team in the Tag Team Brawl 4 All, Hardcore and Crash, The Holly’s!”

Tazz: “Ross did you know at one time Crash weighed well over five hundred pounds?”

Jim Ross: “I know he use to say he did.”

Tazz: “Man, he carried that weight well, eh?”

The Holly’s enter the ring.

Jim Ross: “Hardcore Holly, a former WWF Hardcore Champion.”

“Oh You Didn’t Know?!” The New Age Outlaws theme hits, and the fans erupt! Road Dogg and Billy Gunn come walking out from the back. They pose on the stage with Road Dogg carrying a microphone.

Road Dogg: “Well oh well! Seems to me like we got ourselves a Brawl 4 All!”

The Road Dogg continues to talk over his music as the Outlaws approach the ring.

Road Dogg: “New Age Outlaws getting ready to kick it!”

The Outlaws enter the ring, as their theme cues down.

Road Dogg: “Let’s see if we can do this Pay-Per-View style!”

The fans cheer.

Road Dogg: “Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages! The New Age Outlaws proudly bring to you, the biggest tools you’ve ever seen!!! The Bald One Hardcore Holly! The Short One, Little Crash! The Hol-lee Cousins!”

The fans laugh and cheer. Crash and Hardcore step up, obviously angered. Road Dogg hands the mic over to Billy Gunn.

Jim Ross: “I’ve always been a fan of the Outlaws entrance.”

Billy Gunn: “And if you’re not down with that… We got two words for ya!”

“SUCK IT!!”

The Holly’s suddenly attack The New Age Outlaws.

user posted image

Match Details:

The Holly’s continued to attack The Outlaws from behind. The fans rallied behind the NAO until Road Dogg and Billy Gunn both started to make their comebacks by punching out Crash and Hardcore Holly. Crash stepped back, and charged at Billy Gunn. Billy Gunn side stepped him, grabbing him by the back of his head, and sending him flying over the top rope.

First Elimination: Crash Holly

Road Dogg and Hardcore Holly noticeably stopped fighting, with both men walking over to the side of the ropes and to look at Crash Holly. Crash laid on the arena floor, throwing a temper tantrum. Hardcore yelled at him from the ring. Behind Hardcore’s back, Billy Gunn and Road Dogg shrugged to each other, and both grabbed Hardcore by the tights. In one swift move they sent him over the top. But Hardcore hangs on! Billy Gunn and Road Dogg have turned their back, laughing and even dancing a bit. Hardcore pulls himself back up over the ropes, and lands behind Billy Gunn. Gunn turns, just as Hardcore Holly begins to punch him. Road Dogg quickly charges Hardcore, but Hardcore jumps out of the way, and begins exchanging blows with Road Dogg. Gunn comes flying back looking to attack. Holly quickly pushes Road Dogg in to the corner, and bends down, sending Gunn over his back, and up and over the ropes.

Second Elimination: Billy Gunn

:BUZZER:

The Right To Censor theme hits, and Val Venis and The Goodfather come flying out from the back.

In the ring, Hardcore and Road Dogg have locked up. Road Dogg pulls Hardcore Holly in to a headlock, just as RTC arrive in the ring. Holly and Dogg let go of one another, and give each other a look. They then look back at Goodfather and Venis.

The fans cheer as Road Dogg and Hardcore Holly nod to one another, and both start attacking Right To Censor. A makeshift tag team is born!

Holly attacks Goodfather with an Arabian facebuster, as Road Dogg continues to light up Venis with stiff shots. Dogg whips Venis in to the ropes and connects with a drop kick on the way back. Holly manages to lift Goodfather up and set him up for the Alabama slam. Holly hits the move. Road Dogg lifts Venis to his feet as Holly lifts Goodfather. Again, Road Dogg and Holly nod to one another, before sending Venis and Goodfather in to one another. Venis stumbles back to Road Dogg, and to a kick to the stomach. Road Dogg sets him for.. Pump Handle Slam! Holly throws The Goodfather over the top rope.

Third Elimination: The Goodfather

The three remaining men look at one another. Venis sits on his knees, and starts pleading to Road Dogg and Hardcore Holly. Holly and Road Dogg gaze at each other, realizing there really is no more need for a team, and jump back from one another. Venis stands as all three men begin to circle the ring, looking to attack. Road Dogg and Hardcore Holly charge towards each other, and at the same time Venis drops down and wraps his arms and legs around the bottom rope. Road Dogg and Hardcore Holly begin to exchange chops.

The Hardy Boyz theme hits, and the fans erupt. Matt and Jeff come running out from the back, and eagerly slide in to the ring.

The Hardy Boyz theme hits, and the fans erupt. Matt and Jeff come running out from the back, and eagerly slide in to the ring.

Matt and Jeff immediately join in on the brawl between Road Dogg and Hardcore Holly. Jeff nails Road Dogg with a spinning DDT, as Matt kicks Hardcore back in to the corner. Venis continues to grab on to the bottom rope.

The four men continue to brawl until Hardcore Holly is laid out by the Twist of Fate from Matt Hardy. Jeff takes this time to quickly jump up on to the top rope and signal for the Swanton Dive. However, Jeff jumps to the side, drop kicking Road Dogg, sending him back, just as Matt Hardy pulled down the top rope.

Fourth Elimination: Road Dogg

Lilian Garcia: “The New Age Outlaws Have Been Eliminated!”

Hardcore Holly comes back attacking the downed Jeff Hardy. Matt comes to his brothers aid, nailing Hardcore in the back with a stiff double sledge. Matt grabs Holly by his trunks, and sends him forward over the top rope, as Jeff pulls the top rope down.

Fifth Elimination: Hardcore Holly

Lilian Garcia: "The Holly's have been eliminated!"

The Hardyz briefly celebrate. Jeff turns and taps Matt on the shoulder. Jeff points at Val Venis who is still clinging for life on to the bottom rope. The Hardyz laugh as they approach Venis.

Matt grabs Val by his leg and pulls him off the rope, sending him up and then crashing back down to the mat. Venis rolls over holding his back, before standing. Jeff Hardy punches Venis, sending him towards his brother. Matt punches Venis, sending him back towards Jeff. Another punch, and another. Finally Jeff connects with a spinebuster, and Matt capitalizes with a leg drop. Both Hardyz bring Venis to his feet, and throw him over the top rope.

Sixth Elimination: Val Venis

Lilian Garcia: “The Right To Censor have been eliminated!”

The missile comes falling down from the rafters and hits the stage. Pyro explodes, and the Dudley Boys theme hits. The fans erupt. The reigning WWF tag team champions come walking out from the back. They run down the ramp and enter the ring.

The Hardyz and The Dudley’s begin to brawl.

Bubba manages to quickly connect with a scoop slam on young Jeff Hardy as D-Von falls victim to a stun kick from Matt. The two teams brawl on, until Jeff Hardy is quarantined from Matt. Both Dudley’s begin to lay a beating in to Jeff, as Matt lay in the ring, down from a D-Von Dudley Headbutt.

Bubba calls for it, and the Dudley’s manage to hit the 3D on Jeff Hardy.

D-Von whips Jeff towards the ropes, but Jeff reverses! D-Von stumbles, but reverses the momentum again! Jeff goes flying over the top rope.

Seventh Elimination: Jeff Hardy

Edge and Christian’s theme music hits, and the fans quickly begin to boo. A spotlight hits the stage, as the theme music continues to play.

In the ring D-Von and Matt Hardy lock up. Matt brings D-Von in, and brings him up and over for a fall away slam. Matt turns just to time to side step Bubba Ray, and enter in to an exchange with him.

Bubba throws a punch, Matt ducks, and pulls Bubba in. Belly to back suplex! D-Von re-enters the equation, brawling with Matt.

Edge and Christian’s theme music cuts. With them no where to be seen.

Matt manages to send D-Von in to the turnbuckle shoulder first. Bubba charges back. Matt sends him up, and causes him to land throat first over the top rope. Bubba stumbles back. Twist of Fate! Matt lifts Bubba up, and whips him in to the ropes. Matt runs after Bubba, and clotheslines him over the top rope.

Eighth Elimination: Bubba Ray Dudley (New Tag Team Champions are Guranteed!)

Matt and D-Von quickly lock up. They brawl all around the ring. Matt goes for a spin kick, but is blocked by D-Von who shoves Matt to the ground, and goes to apply a Boston crab. Matt crawls through, sending D-Von in to the ropes. Matt stands and charges D-Von.

The two men collide, and BOTH go flying over the top rope.

Ninth Elimination: Matt Hardy

Tenth Elimination: D-Von Dudley

Lilian Garcia: The Dudley Boys, and The Hardy Boyz have been eliminated!

Suddenly from the crowd, Edge and Christian hop the barrier. They are both smiling and beaming. The two men stand ringside, gloating to one another as the fans boo.

The APA's theme music hits, and the fans cheer once again. Edge and Christian look terrified as Bradshaw and Faarooq emerge from the backstage area.

Bradshaw and Faarooq each pick a side and walk around, both stalking Edge and Christian. The cowards have no where else to go put in to the ring. Bradshaw and Faarooq follow them in, and the brawl is on!

Bradshaw immediately connects with a stiff clothesline to Christian, as Edge falls victim to a gut wrench from Faarooq. The APA continue to beat the hell out of Edge and Christian, with big boots and stiff shots.

Faarooq lifts Christian to his feet, and brings him arm around to send him back down with a neck breaker.

Edge is hoisted up by Bradshaw and sent face first in to the top turnbuckle pad.

The APA motion to one another, and pound fists as the crowd cheers.

The lights in the arena go out, and pyro explodes from the stage. Rollin hits and the Brothers of Destruction make their way out as the fans go wild.

Back in the ring, Edge and Christian have rolled under the bottom rope, and are resting on the arena floor. The APA is distracted with the arrival of The Undertaker and Kane.

The new team enters the ring, and a brawl immediately starts up.

The two teams begin to knock the hell out of one another. Punches and kicks are thrown from everyone. For every clothesline, is a chokeslam. For every Big Boot, if a spinebuster.

Undertaker manages to hoist Faarooq up for the tombstone piledriver as the fans go crazy. Kane dismantles Bradshaw with a chokeslam.

Undertaker and Kane both lift their fallen opponents to their feet, and carry them towards the ropes. The Brothers lifts up the APA, and scoop them over the top rope to the arena floor.

Eleventh Elimination: Faarooq

Twelfth Elimination: Bradshaw

Lilian Garcia: The APA have been eliminated!

Edge and Christian are suddenly in the ring, attacking Kane and The Undertaker from behind.

In one swift move, both Edge and Christian send Kane over the top rope to the arena floor.

Thirteenth Elimination: Kane

Edge and Christian both attack The Undertaker. But suddenly the Undertaker grabs both Edge and Christian by the throat. The fans cheer as Undertaker talks a bit of trash, and hoists the duo up.

Edge reverses the entire situation, kicking forward and low blowing The Undertaker. Undertaker drops Edge and Christian to their feet. Christian takes the opportunity to nail the Unprettier on the hunched over Undertaker.

Christian lifts Undertaker up, and holds him there. Taker fights back, shoving Christian aside, but turns and falls victim to the SPEAR from Edge.

Edge and Christian both lift Undertaker to his feet, and send him over the top rope!

Fourteenth Elimination: The Undertaker

The fans quickly begin to boo as Edge and Christian’s theme music hits. Edge and Christian go wild, hugging each other and jumping around.

But suddenly…

“OOHH! WHAT A RUSH!!!!”

The fans erupt as the theme music of the Legion of Doom hits. The lights in the arena turn red and white as Road Warrior Hawk and Road Warrior Animal appear on the stage.

Edge and Christian look absolutely terrified, and baffled.

The Road Warriors make their way towards the ring, and stop at the end of the ramp. Animal and Hawk each remove their spiked shoulders, and climb up in to the ring.

Edge shoves Christian towards LOD. But Christian quickly jumps back and shoves Edge forward.

The arena continues to cheer as Animal and Hawk quickly attack, nailing Edge and Christian with stiff punches. Animal attacks Edge, bringing him towards the corner, and setting himself up on the top rope.

Hawk sends Christian to the mat with a devastating clothesline, just as Animal hits his Top rope Powerslam on Edge. Hawk climbs the other turnbuckle as Animal lifts Christian on to his shoulders. The fans erupt as Hawk dives off the top rope, and nails Christian with a clotheslines as Animal brings him down. DOOMSDAY DEVICE!

The Road Warriors stand, and in one quick motion, send Edge and Christian over the top rope.

The bell rings.

Lilian Garcia: “The winners of the Tag Team Brawl 4 All, and new WWF Tag Team Champions, The Road Warriors!!”

Jim Ross: “The Road Warriors! The Road Warriors! New tag team champs!”

Tazz: “Edge and Christian had that match won Jr.! That’s not fair!”

Jim Ross: “Screw being fair! The Road Warriors are here! They’re back! They’re back!”

The Road Warriors are handed the tag team titles in the ring, and continue to celebrate with the fans.

Tazz: “Something needs to be done! Edge and Christian don’t look to happy!”

Edge and Christian are shown yelling at ringside. They both storm off.

We then go to a video tape.

The feud between Jerry Lynn and Rey Mysterio is showcased. Footage from Mysterio being crowned WCW Cruiserweight and Jerry Lynn ripping up the “Cruiserweight > Light Heavyweights” sign start off the video. The confrontation between the two are also shown, as well as X-Factor demanding a match for Backlash. The video ends with Regal saying that Mysterio and Helms will just have to find themselves a partner.

X-Factor’s theme music hits, and the fans quickly begin to boo.

Jim Ross: “I still can’t believe the Legion of Doom have won the tag team titles!”

Tazz: “That’s big Ross, but that doesn’t mean it’s fair! Edge and Christian had that match won!”

X-Factor comes walking out from the back being led by Paul Heyman.

Lilian Garcia: “The following contest is a Wildcard Match! In this match, anything goes! Making their way to the ring, being led by Paul Heyman, X-Factor!”

Jim Ross: ‘There’s a man I know very well, and who should be sitting in the seat next to me!”

Tazz: “What, you don’t like me?”

Jim Ross: “I didn’t say that!”

Jerry Lynn, X-Pac, and Justin Credible enter the ring, as Heyman hypes them up from ringside. Pretty soon, the familiar static fills the screen, and the WCW Invasion theme hits.

The fans cheer as the theme music cuts over to Rey Mysterio’s theme music. The WCW Cruiserweight Champion emerges from the backstage area, and is soon joined by Shane Helms.

Jim Ross: “Who’s it going to be?”

X-Factor and Heyman noticeably count the men walking down the ramp and begin to laugh. Mysterio and Helms enter the ring.

Tazz: “Um Jr., where’s their partner?”

Jim Ross: “How should I know?”

user posted image

Match Details For the first seven minutes of this match, it was 3 on 2. X-Factor had a field day with this advantage, cheating and providing distractions whenever available. However, as the momentum definitely shifted in to the hands of X-Factor, with Jerry Lynn nailing a cradle piledriver on Shane Helms, and X-Pac hitting the X-Factor on Rey Mysterio, the WCW Invasion theme once again hit.

Jim Ross: “Here we go!”

Tazz: “Better late then never!”

From the entrance way Mike Awesome slowly emerged, and the fans went wild. Heyman’s jaw dropped, and X-Factor began to argue with one another.

Tazz: “That ain’t no cruiserweight!”

Jim Ross: “Was it ever said that it would be?”

Mike Awesome joined the match, taking out Jerry Lynn and X-Pac with double clotheslines. Justin Credible soon brought his Singapore cane into the picture, cracking Mike Awesome in the back of the head with it, much to the delight of Heyman. This allowed for X-Pac to battle back and eventually hit the X-Factor on Rey Mysterio for the cover.

Winners: X-Factor!

Jim Ross: “X-Factor escaping with victory!”

Mike Awesome was back up, with Credible’s Singapore cane! Awesome began swinging it everyway, causing X-Factor to quickly exit the ring. Mike Awesome leaned over the top rope, pointing at X-Factor, as a bit of blood became visible behind his ear.

Heyman continued to gloat, as he walked to the back with his group.

Tazz: “The surprises just don’t stop!”

Jim Ross: “What a night this has already been, and we still have three title matches to go!”

Tazz: “I just hope-“

Jim Ross: “Hold on Tazz. I’m getting word that the WWF Hardcore Title match has already begun!”

Tazz: “What?!”

Jim Ross: “Let’s send it backstage!”

user posted image

Match Details: We join the hardcore title match in progress, just as Dean Malenko sends a metal trash can over the head of Rhyno. The two men continued to brawl backstage, with Rhyno eventually dragging the Hardcore champion down the hallway with a cord wrapped around his neck. The two men eventually brawled into the parking garage, where Rhyno managed to nail Malenko with a fire extinguisher, and then sent the white contents into his face. Malenko had a coughing fit, allowing for Rhyno to run forward and GORE Malenko into the side of a car. The car’s side windows shattered, and the alarm immediately began to go off. Rhyno made the cover. One, two, three!

Winner: Rhyno

Rhyno was handed the Hardcore title and began to celebrate. Suddenly, a metal pipe came flying in to the picture, cracking Rhyno across the back. Raven walked forward, attacking the current hardcore champion. The two men began to brawl throughout the parking garage until they reach the outside.

Fans, who are outside for whatever reason begin to cheer on the brawl as Raven and Rhyno brawl up the steps of the Ford Center. The two men continued to fight until Raven blocked Rhyno’s attempt to send him in to a stone statue, and reversed it in to an Evenflow DDT! Raven made the cover. One, two, three!

Winner: Raven!

From behind. It’s William Regal! With a.. tea kettle? Regal smashes the metal tea kettle over the head of Raven goes for the cover. One, two, NO!

Malenko is back out of no where! This time with the metal pipe Raven had used earlier. Malenko nails Regal and Raven with it, before turning around.

Rhyno comes storming back into the picture, and connects with yet another GORE in to Malenko. Malenko goes flying backwards in to Raven and Regal, and all three men go crashing in to the stone statue. The statue shatters a bit as marble crashes to the concrete floor.

Rhyno makes the cover on Raven. One, two, three!

Winner: Rhyno!

Rhyno quickly grabbed the Hardcore title and ran down towards the street. He motioned and pretty soon a taxi cab appeared. Rhyno jumped in to the backseat, and speed off in to the night.

Jim Ross: “Rhyno leaves Backlash Hardcore Champion!”

Tazz: “You’re telling me! I mean, he left!”

Jim Ross: “Who knows, tomorrow night we might have that taxi cab driver as Hardcore champion!”

We cut to another promo video.

This video shows the debut of Ted DiBiase. DiBiase is shown announcing some sort of partnership with Linda McMahon. Kurt Angle is then brought in to the picture as Ted DiBiase goes on about Angle versus a mystery man for Backlash.
Edited by SlapDashKOTW

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Join Jim Ross and Curt Hennig, as Mr. Perfect joins Jim Ross behind the desk on Raw to call all of the action!

The WCW Invasion is over.

Tune is as WWF programming returns to a state of norm.

Jerry Lynn will defend his WWF Light Heavyweight title against Tajiri.

Rhyno will defend his newly won WWF Hardcore Championship against Raven.

user posted image

Expected to be at Raw is the WWF CEO, Linda McMahon. Linda is expected to announce the new WWF Commissioner who will be taking over for William Regal. Who will it be? Tune in. Find out.

Also on Raw, Kurt Angle is expected to appear. What will the Olympian have to say about running away from Ken Shamrock last night at Backlash? Shamrock and Ted DiBiase are expected to be in the house.

Also last night, The Road Warriors made their return to the World Wrestling Federation, defeating Edge and Christian in the WWF Tag Team Brawl 4 All. Edge and Christian were very verbal about their lose. Tune is as Edge and Christian are given five minutes to plead their case to WWF Chairman, Vince McMahon.

All this and more on Raw!

See...it WASNT BOOKER!!! It was Shamorck..but I thought it was TAKA or Funaki :(

Oh well, the PPV kicked ass! The LOD, Shamrock and Awesome making surprise entrances was cool. Hennig as the announcer, that is ok with me. But I wonder how soon The King would return to the WWF.