James Hearte's WWE Smackdown!

Guest JamesHearte

Guest The Man with a Plan

Are you now incompetent?

That show is not to be confused with a show that people actually put EFFORT into. I mean at least tell us what happens in the match. For all we know, they could have done the tango or sang Michael Jackson songs for the whole match. We have NO idea what happened. It really doesn't take much to write a match if you have a basic knowledge of wrestling moves. I am getting damn sick and tired of you saying "I'm pushing Paul London" to justify your bad decisions. Hell WWE has Eddie Guerrero as it's champion on Smackdown. Does that mean their pushing of JBL is forgiven? HELL NO!!!!! Your idea of making Luger a cruiserweight is pathetic. Luger is too muscle bound to even portray a Cruiserweight. You have totally put 0 effort into this diary and if you can't write a match then you shouldn't be doing diaries. Plus you showed no plot advancement at ALL, it was mostly a show with the nWo walking around the building. Just take your damn time with a show and it may actually be somewhat decent but right this is nothing but a steaming pile of crap. O yeah and as I said earlier your little "I'm pushing Paul London" to justify your bad booking is a cop out and a HORRIBLE cop out at that. We don't care who you push as long as you can justify their push by building them up as a solid contender. So your little cop out stands pathetic. Smarten up with your booking because that's what makes a diary along with matches and you are 0 for 0 with those buddy. Also, you aren't going to find anyone to write matches for you so just put some of this into it EFFORT (I know you're going to have to find your family dictionary to find out what it means). A little EFFORT goes a LONG way in making a diary work. So far, you are showing no effort at all.

Edited by The Man with a Plan

Guest Red Devil

You call responding to fan reactions shit/crap? If so, then my advice for you is to not post. Negative feedback is one thing, but negative feedback about responding to negative feedback in a way where I try to understand your concerns better seems rather silly. One of my dislikes of many diary writers is how they crave feedback and yet never address any of their fans complements, questions, or even putdowns. I'm not one who begs for blind praise from others, consdiering that If I feel my work to not be entertaining it won't me feel any better. However, I do feel that if people take the time to leave something of value in my topics that I should reply. Had no one else posted in this than my first show would have been on the third fourth or fifth post.

As to the nWo critisisms, it's a matter of personal taste, I'd say. In most of my journals I never give the main pushes to flippy floppy "good" wrestlers. One thing that the nWo had was charisma, and that, I feel translates better to a journal, than good matches do. As a result my matches will often be brief, or just the finish covered.

I also understand that financially it's a poor move to hire Nash, Hall, Bagwell, and Luger, however, it's not too much of a stretch to believe they'd be brought in. I'm using them, because I have respect for their characters, and I feel that they still have stories left to be tell. If this journal lasts a while I hope to tell some of them. Also, Smackdown!'s current roster is so weak that I do not believe anyone could do a good journal with no changes.

I seem to be rambling, so I'll just post the show now. If there are any critisms of it please be clear as to what changes you think should be made, in your opinion.

The reason i called your posts 'crap' was because other then a few facts you didn't give us anything to post about. If you posted a show straight away we could see where your going and give you feedback on that but you just started to post a little reply and the same old 'I've got my show ready but I'll post it when i want'. Why would you wanna do that? the only way people can give you any kind of real feedback is after you start posting shows and responding to people that we're going to have less of JBL and more Paul London is just bollocks. In a diary i couldn't give a shit who is pushed to the top as long as the way they are pushed there is semi-realistic and more importantly realistic. Your just trying to get people to read your diary by using that as a motto, sorry but this is the Diary Dome and it doesn't work like that.

Now onto the show, after reading through your first show i can tell i was correct in my first statement, the promo's sound nothing like who their supposed to sound like. The matches are just horrid, the entrances are even longer then the matches. Would it be that hard to simply add a couple of lines onto the match adding a little bit more of a description. I'm not asking for paragraphs of detail but a little would seriously help. The format is OK but could be improved, use Bold/Italic more wisely and add in a little bit of color to liven up the show. I absolutely detest the Luger dropping to CW Title level angle you've got going, it's just appalling and so far beyond the realms of realistic it's just unbelievable. No reader would in their right mind believe this especially with the him having only a month or so to lose the weight. It's just ridiculous.

Also i know it's the debut of the NWO but IMO you gave them too much time on the camera making everything else on SD look 2 bit behind them. Even the World Champion was made to look under them. Also it would have helped if you had a Angle/NWO confrontation which would have cemented the NOW taking over status you've got going. This is what I've slightly picked out from your opening show and i shudder to think what i might uncover if i go more deeply into it so I'll leave for now and unless i hear there is a lot of improvement i won't be coming back.

I don't like ripping into diaries but i felt that this time you needed to know he truth so this is an honest opinion of mine so you can either go 2 ways about it, either totally ignore it or try and use it to help you but you'll have to decide so it's up to you.

Ownage

Not to steal from him, but yeah that sums up what I thought.

But, to provide constructively...write better matches. Fire the useless pieces of trash. Write more realistically. Luger? Cruiserweight? Yeah, and I'm The Rock. Unoriginal, uninspiring, unimpressive. This is the diary of "uns" as it were. Vast improvements will be needed, without your friends jerking off your ego. Only to see someone else own you, or if I hear of a very strong show with very strong realistic changes...will I come back into this thread.

Guest JamesHearte

I guess replying to feedback is consdiered postwhoring here, but I'm getting a bit tired of replying to each and everyone on simalier topics via PMs. So, forgive me if I'll take a moment of time to defend myself.

Some of you are posting constructive stuff, but the vast majority is delusional trash. If you want to say my stuff sucks, that's your right, but to just say "stop sucking" won't inspire me to book things the way you'd like. In all of these posts I've only picked up a few times that anyone's spent the time coming up with actual incidents of things they don't like.

1. The match issue.

Yes, I don't write long matches, but does that need to be reiterated half a dozen times? To me diaries are about writing plotlines the way you'd like, not writing my dream matches out. I don't like B.S., so if a match doesn't have anything important in it I see no reason to write the whole thing out. This is WWE. You know what you're going to see in these matches. Does it matter a ton to you if Hogan works over sombody's elbow or their knee?

2. Don't hire old guys.

In a diary I don't relie on the matches they'd do. As a matter of fact I honestly enjoy their matches on T.V., but my main reason for using them is their characters. Some people like to hire a bunch of flippy floppy guys, which is why I joke about London. My prefrence is ex-WCW guys.

3. Change the format of stuff.

I agree. I just haven't thought of where to add color and the other stuff yet.

4. Luger in the Cruiserweight division.

I didn't like Jacquline in the division. I did like Chavo Classic. Incase you've forgotten, WWE is currently treating the title like a joke. Luger getting a shot is something that could happen. I know it'd entertain me, so I'm booking it.

5. Holding off on posting a show and post whoring.

I held off on posting it because I was going out, and I remembered that I forgot to add something at the last second. I certainly hope that none of you post incomplete shows just to stay on schedule. And, my "postwhoring" was simply a result of me trying to respond to different people's feelings on this, while being unaware that the unwritten rules forbid repling so often. Guys, I didn't know. Get over yourselves. It's not like that makes me the world's worst person. I assumed that if I replied to all of these complaints as they were posted this would be post whoring so I didn't. There's no need to keep harping on something that I stopped doing as soon as I learned that it is a "faux-pas" here.

6. Promos.

I can think of one example of where I could have described more to make it work for some. I'll keep in mind that you like hearing everyone's tone each time.

Now that I've replied to the stuff that isn't flamebait and flames, let's see if some of you stick to on topic stuff in the future. Some suggestion for matches and formatting, two of my more maligned points would be espescially welcome.

I'm enjoying this.

I like the way you've handled yourself in all this, but that's not what's important. What's important is the diary, and nothing else.

Now, let's start with the backstory. It was decent stuff, and it was surprising to see the nWo invading Smackdown!. I didn't quite see that coming as I was reading it. I just expected for you to do what quite a bit of people do in their diaries, and immediately insert themselves into it. That was a good move not to. While I'm not quite sure of why you brought Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell back, it was interesting nonetheless.

The first show was pretty good in my opinion. I don't really think that matches matter that much either, but I can understand why some people think they do. However, if you want to write your matches that way, then so be it.

Now, onto the one negative. I absolutely hate the idea of Lex Luger being a cruiserweight. Sorry, I just can't picture it. But, before I judge, I'll wait to see where you go with it, although I probably won't like the direction of it.

I enjoyed reading your promos. Maybe there was just a bit TOO much nWo for the first debut show, but it got the point across quite well.

You have a good thing going here, and shouldn't let other readers discourage you from writing it. I will definently be coming back and reading this, as I've found it entertaining and well worthy of my time. Goodluck.

Nash could have sold better. But if he avoided getting injured, consider this match a success.

LOL. That was a good way to get that over, instead of using EWR's version of it.

Edited by The Aztec Warrior

Obviously, we've all taken the time to cotton onto something that myself and the "e2o crowd" (As Essa so colourfully named us in that ridiculous challenge thread last week) have known for some time - Hearte's diaries are somewhat unconventional.

No, he doesn't write long matches, and I'm sure he won't mind me saying that if you'd read some of the attempts at longer matches he did during a WWE Raw diary once, the short matches are better. Think of it this way - you've got Mysterio vs London. Does it matter if he writes it out, blow-by-blow, or if he gets the point across with a few lines summing up the bout? No. It does not. Just because he does something in a fashion that is different, it doesn't necessarily mean he is wrong.

The formatting is a little confusing, and it needs to be sent through a spell/grammar check before being posted, perhaps, but now we're into the sort of thing that several diaries fall down on, not a problem that is his and his own. Even GBW and LAW, my two favourite diaries here, have the odd grammar/spelling mistake, and some very good diaries are poorly-formatted. He's admitted this is a weak spot, and asked for suggestions. Instead of flaming him - give them to him.

And, if you don't like the content of his shows, then I believe this can be posted without ripping into him. I personally found the appearance of Lex Luger a little off, seeing as he caused the drug-related death of Miss Elizabeth, somebody who the company really loved, but that's his perogative to book. Hearte's booking decisions are not bad, they are unusual and unconventional. "Bad" is a very finite, very concrete term, when his shows are open to as much interpretation as you like.

Seriously - we're encouraged to post constructive criticism designed to help out the poster in these topics, not spend 20 minutes typing up nitpicking replies, quoting every other line of his posts, designed only to flamebait or to flame him. There's a thread for things like that, I believe.

RK!