City Of Heroes

thatshortguy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o  That game is finally out? Fuck, I lost interest in it about a year ago, cause it was taking so long, now it's out, i may have to check it out and create some of my lost comic heroes.

Fair warning, they have a rule against using copyrighted characters, so you may have to name 'em Spyder-Man ;)

Fair warning, they have a rule against using copyrighted characters, so you may have to name 'em Spyder-Man ;)

Don't worry, none of my characters are like the copyrighted characters we all know and love. My closest is probably Flaw, who's a mix of spiderman, venom, wolverine & doc ock in one mean mo' fucker.

I'm still trying to make sure Christopher never discovers this game. I like being able to have time on the computer  :)

Deary, it's a Mammoth Multiplayer Online RPG...he'd need a computer of his own if you were going to have any online time ;)

And thug, the premise of the game is that you create a superhero and assign how they became what they are, and what powers they have. You then go through, defeat gangs and other assorted baddies, and use experience to choose new powers.

Not to mention it's fun to play as The Annoying Nerd :lol:

I heard you can get bored with it easily....but I've milked Diablo II for as much as I can, I might as well try this.

It's online-only like Everquest...right?

Yup, $15 a month, but the first one is free (you can also buy gametime cards for $25, I think...those offer two/three months of time if you don't have a credit/debit card.)

And funny you mention D2, because I just finished beating Lord of Destruction :)

Didn't know this was out. Last I heard about it was my step bro said my other step bro was selected to test for it. I was interested by this but the price may hold me back from getting and playing it. Maybe I'll play it at their house...

How much space does it take up on your hard drive?

The advised amount of space is 2 GB, but even after installation and downloading all the patches, it tops out at 700 MB on my machine.

And believe you me, this is a much tighter game than Freedom Force. The level of detail and gameplay here are remarkable. Friends have spent nearly an hour decorating and developing just the looks of their superheroes.

Of course, Hobo Man didn't take much effort for yours truly :)

Guest bruins72

This game looks kind of fun and has definately caught my interest but I worry about these MMORPGs. I played Everquest for a few months and it left a sour taste in my mouth. I spent a bunch of money to get everything available for it and then shelled out the monthly fee. Then it was like you almost always had to be on it and had little time for anything else. Not only that but half my time on there seemed like it was spent looking for people to team up with. Once you found some people to group with, most of the time they were unreliable and left you hanging (get you killed and no help in getting your corpse back). If I did find some good people to team with, I'd probably never get to play with them again because the level difference would be too much (because I wasn't on 24/7). I like a game that I can play at my leisure, when I want to play and without having to rely on others to have a good experience.

I'd try it... if I wasn't stuck on stupid dial up *shakes fist* I tell ya, I hate dialup. But it's all I got, so I might as well appreciate it... I guess... :mellow:

You know, I'd like a good superhero game to try... I might pick up Freedom Force, if I see it.