Gamecube or X-Box?

So I kind of need help on deciding what to buy. I have like at least £100 to spend which is why I'm thinking about getting a gamecube or X-Box.

The PS2 will always be my favourite but I already have that and well there are no real good games that I can find right now. I was in Game today and they have an X-Box for like £80 and a Gamecube for like £50 so I was feeling pretty tempted after seeing that.

I'm slightly moving towards the gamecube, mainly because Wrestlemania X-8(and X-9 right?) are on it and they both look pretty damn good, but am I wrong to think that? They may look good but are they actually good?

Then there is X-Box with Raw and Raw 2 which both look fine, but from what I hear the gameplay is awfuly slow and that puts me off. Also they don't really seem to have any games that PS2 don't, well not any decent games anyway. Yet it is still tempting as they do sound good.

Then there is also the new WWE game comming out for the gamecube, so that pushes me over to buying one of them even more, and plus its a lot cheaper. So what do you guys actually think? I need some good opinions here if you can. Tell me which one I should get and why :)

I vote for Gamecube, as I have both, and Gamecube is a more fun system. It's in tune with what Nintendo's been doing for the past two decades. Some of the games may seem a bit childish, but overall, they're fun. Don't let the wrestling games currently available for each system sway your vote. Neither WrestleMania XIX nor Raw 2 are very good (though Raw is better).

I would vote for Gamecube....the new Zelda game coming out in 2005, Metroid Prime 2, and WWE Days of Reckoning are the reasons why. Plus you can get the classics like Super Smash Brothers: Melee, Metroid Prime, and Mario Sunshine.

Edited by Laice_

Games to get for it: Bond: Nightfire, Super Mario Party, Super Monkey Ball 2, Kirbys Air Ride, Super Mario Kart... They are the main multi-player games that me and my friends play

Well overall what would you say is better. Raw/Raw II or Mania X8/Mania XIX?

The story mode on XIX looks a little weird with you having to beat up police, whats that all about? Yet some of the backstage looks pretty decent compared to other games. The graphics don't seem too bad either, but meh. The RAW reply thing on RAW II looks pretty great though. Both are looking good which is still tempting me both ways because I'm really in it to play new wrestling games.

On both games though, are there actually any things that Smackdown doesn't have? Like what are the ladder match's like? Can you do loads of moves from them? Moves through the table without being on them? Can you actually pull people from the cage instead of knocking them down? Is it actually realistic? Basically that sort of stuff.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

As far as wrestling games go, Raw/Raw 2 sucked. The Raw 2 career was a decent 4 player one but other then that the games were below average. But the XBOX has a lot of other great games, and no WWE game will be Smackdown anytime soon. I would say XBOX and just don't get a wrestling game. It has tons of great games.

Games to get: Halo, NINJA FUCKIN GAIDEN!, Shenmue II, Project Gothem Racing 2, Top Spin, Amped 2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, GTA Double Pack(if you don't have then for PS2)

Here's the thing. XBox's lineup has either really excellent games (Ninja Gaiden, Halo, etc.), or really craptastic games (RAW, Top Spin, etc.). Gamecube's lineup features a bunch of good-to-great games (Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Melee, etc.), while not really disappointing with too much (although WM18/WM19 really bought the farm.)

Go Gamecube. It's cheaper, has more good multiplayer games, and has better peripherals (Wavebird, enough said.)

I'm not trying to hate but I never liked Gamecube, games like Zelda and Final Fantasy never interested me. I also don't like the gamecube controller. So I would go with an X-box, but hey Raw sucks serious dick. Lets just say my brothers and I are mad my parents surprised us with an X-box when we asked for a PS2. But I still like the X-box better then when I play Gamecube at a friends house.

really craptastic games (RAW, Top Spin, etc.).

How can you call Top Spin crap, it was easily the best Tennis game since Virtua Tennis, anyway who cares if XBOX has crappy games all systems do. Ps2 is flooded with crap games but they have enough good ones, it's the same way with XBOX. Plus Gamecube has had way less games on it then XBOX so it evens out.

Personally I think you should just choose the one you want best, all the opinions you'd get(including mine) are bias anyway. It depends on what type of games you like better. If you like 3rd person shooters then there is no way you can turn down the XBOX with Halo & many others right now, and Halo 2, Doom 3, Half-Life 2 etc. on the way. Also online is so much better on XBOX it's not even funny. But if you prefer the Nintendo games with Mario, Zelda etc. then there is no way you can turn the Gamecube down. Plus Gamecube has a lot more platformers then XBOX.

OK, I personally like the XBox. (I really don't like the GameCube). I HATE the GameCube controller with a passion. One of the reasons is because I have unusually large hanfs, when ever I use the GC controller, I get horrible cramps from it. Also, picking of the system really depends on what you like, if you like, platformers and action-aventure games, Get a GC, if you like Shooters and fighting games, get an XBox.

Get X-Box. They have awesome action games, great sports games and the graphics are the best ive seen on any system. I really dont like Gamecubes selection of games, and i think too many of them are childish, and i like to have a large selection of games.

Its problem was that it had a learning curve that even Michael Schumacher couldn't even get through, and lacked a lot of big names.

Actually I found it rather easy once you got through the tutorials. Then it became too easy and I won every single match handily....

My vote would be for the GC. To me the PS2 and the X-Box have a similar selection of games, whereas the GC has a totally different style of games available. If you want the best system to compliment a PS2 get a GC, if you want more of the same with better graphics get an X-Box.