The Evolution Of Wrestling

NWA:Mexico City

user posted image

Pro Wrestling: In Japan, it’s a sport. In America, it’s a joke. But in Mexico, it’s a religion, and in the year 2004 there’s no higher altar than NWA: Mexico City. Founded in the late 80’s after owner Konan’s wrestling career was cut short after an incident involving a burro and a half eaten chalupa that’s best not discussed here.

In the 80’s, NWA: Mexico City hijacked the tradition of lucha libre and steered it in directions many thought it could never go. Konan, attempting model the federation in his own image began delivering a mat based product with legendary superstars like El Bolo de Mas Grandes, El Frito Bandito, and Senor Guapo Gringo leading the way. The Mexican fans, however, balked at this and the company almost crashed financially.

Therefore, in the 90’s NWA: Mexico City began delivering what the fans craved…variety by the boatload. With super-sensations like Rey Mysterio (Sr.), Chavo Guerrero (Sr.), Cowboy Bob Orton (And who can forget the legendary Alamo-screwjob that nearly tore the promotion asunder). These men championed integrity (Except Orton), honesty (except Orton), and sportsmanship (except Orton). However, as often happens in life, they got old and the so called New Generation came. Flashy stars like Rey Mysterio Jr., Psychosis, and Will O the Wisp. All rounders like Eddie and Chavo Guerrero, and the mysterious masked man known only as Mortis. And guys who are just plain cool, like Glacier, and the super evil Villano Clan. But NWA: Mexico City is an ever changing organization, and who knows where it will be next week…except providing entertainment for you…the fan…s.

user posted image

NWA: Mexico City Mexican Championship Rankings

In NWA: Mexico City, nobody embodies the goals of the promotion more than the current champion of all Mexico, Eddie Guerrero. Guerrero never lies, cheats, or steals, and is the epitome of what a classy world champion should be. Loved by the fans universally, Guerrero has held this belt for the past month, winning it from the devious, scheming, and all around evil Rey Mysterio Jr. Mysterio, not taking this loss well, has vowed revenge on the current champion but how this is supposed to happen is not yet known.

This is the first time Guerrero has held the title, a surprise to many within the company and without, but he’s making it count and truly earning the name “Fighting Champion”, defending the belt against all comers, including a quality match against his cousin Chavo Guerrero Jr. at last month’s super-spectacle.

Champion: Eddie Guerrero

1. Rey Mysterio Jr.

2. Juventud Guerrera

3. Will O The Wisp

4. Cibernetico

5. Paul Roma

NWA: Mexico City Tag Team Title Championship Rankings:

While other divisions claim to have great tag teams, NWA: Mexico City has produced some of the best in the business. You know who I’m talking about. The SAT have held the tag titles for the past month, but with such a wealth of great tag teams, the titles are often changing hands. The current champions, the SAT, have vowed to stop this trend, even as Los Villanos stood behind them shaking their heads.

Champions: The Spanish Announce Team

1. Los Fabulosos

2. Los Villanos

3. Los Consagrados

4. Dos Lizmarks

5. Lost esqueletos

NWA: Mexico City; For the Highest Quality- Go South of the Border

Edited by PanchoVilla

NWA Mexico City presents Pantalones Infiernos

Now, coming to you live in the spirit of SUPER-TELEMUNDOVISION con mas dialysis! That’s right it’s the one, the only, the live and super techincolor Pantalones de Infiernos!

The opening credits kick in and the camera goes through a wild swing through the Mexicali Recreational Center, before coming to a stop in front of the announce position.

El Jefe : Hola mis hombres y hombres. Mis chicos y chicas, VIVA LE RASA!

Mike Tenay: That’s right, hello fans and welcome to another hot night of NWA: Mexico City action. I’m the Doctor of Style, Mike Tenay and as always I’m joined by the straightest shooter this side of the border, El Jefe. We’d like to welcome all our viewers from Mexico through the continental United States, and tonight’s shaping up to be a big night with several matches that can change the title situations in both the singles and tag team ranks.

El Jefe: Oh yeah Mike, you know that’s the truth. All the biggest stars are here, and we’ve got an amazing line up for tonight!

Mike Tenay: Yeah, J, I mean, from top to bottom the show is filled with the best talent anywhere. And it all comes to a head in the main event where Chavo Guerrero Jr. steps into the ring against Rey Mysterio Jr. with a NWA Mexican Title shot on the line!

El Jefe: Oh yeah Mikey, you’re speaking nothing but the truth now! No doubt!

Mike Tenay: Ummm, yeah that’s absolutely right. But I’m getting word it’s time to take it to the ring, and I can’t say this match won’t be interesting. Now fans, as you all know, Arkangel de la Muerte faced Seis-Paco at La Rasa Quedabra last week and, well, in no uncertain terms was robbed. But, from what I hear Arkangel is a man of honor and is willing to live up to the stipulations of the match, so, well, let’s go to the ring.

Rankings Match: Paul Roma vs. Arkangel de la Muerte

As Genero-Rock 2000 by the Locodmn Express blares, multi-continental NWA superstar Paul Roma struts to the ring, bedecked in his “Old School” black tights with his long black hair slicked back. He smirks at the crowd, who boo him…kinda. Enter the Darkness kicks in as the crowd gives a small cheer. Then from the back, Arkangel de la Muerte enters the rec center, wearing a light blue baby bonnet and an extra large pair of pajamas with feet on them. One can assume that he’s grimacing behind his mask, but thanks to the stipulations of his match with Seis-Paco, he’s stuck in this apparel. He slides under the bottom rope and Roma falls backwards laughing. The referee calls for the bell and Muerte immediately dives on Roma scoring a surprising one and a half count before Roma pushes him off.

Muerte sticks with the advantage and controls the opening few minutes, using his speed to confound Roma, and rallying the crowd to his aid, especially impressing them with his picture perfect somersault leg drop from the top rope which very nearly finished Roma off. However, Roma’s nothing if not crafty, and as Muerte played to the crowd after the legdrop, Roma rolled towards Muerte and as the Arkangel turned around, nearly pinned him with a roll up. The two get to their feet and Roma takes over with a lariat, and then proceeded to dominate Muerte with a devastating chinlock. Roma got cocky, however, shifting his arms slightly and changing his chinlock to an illegal choke, which eventually got caught by the referee who forced Roma to break the hold. The irritated veteran exchanged words with the referee, allowing Muerte to get a hold of his bearings, and snap Roma to the ground with a DDT. Sensing victory, Muerte signals for the Reckoning, which brings Seis-Paco storming to the ring from the back. He climbs onto the apron and gets a dropkick for his trouble. Roma, however, is on the top rope and as Muerte turns around, catches him with the Flying Bodyblock. Roma crawls on top for the 1…2…3. The veteran gets to his feet and begins taunting the crowd again, as Seis-Paco slides into the ring and delivers a sharp kick to Muerte’s ribs. Grinning, he reaches into his tights and pulls out a pacifier, dropping it onto Muerte’s chest before heading to the back.

Winner: Paul Roma via the Flying Bodyblock

(44, 24, 64)

Mike Tenay: I don’t believe it! What is wrong with Seis-Paco?

El Jefe: Well T-Man, I do not know that, but what I do know is that Paul Roma remains in the top five and Muerte is definitely not going to be happy about this.

Mike Tenay: Not happy may be the understatement of the year already. He’s going to be absolutely furious!

Suddenly, the camera cuts away from the announce table to a locker room that is darkened, and for some reason, filling with smoke. A dim light kicks in, revealing La Parka and Devil Bhudaken flanking the always conniving, Motivator of Madness. All three of their skeletal masks seem to have an unearthly glow about them.

Motivator of Madness: El viento malo sopla, y los esqueletos se llaman una vez más. Nosotros no queremos oro, ni la gloria, ni el orgullo. Queremos a víctimas. Eso es lo que el dos Lizmarks será. Ellos serán más sacrificios a la oscuridad. Ellos serán los monumentos de nuestro poder. Ellos tendrán no elección pero para caer antes los esqueletos. Para los esqueletos son el mejor, y cada dos equipos es apenas carne para nuestro tomar.

(48%)

Tag Team Rakings Match: Los Esqueletos vs. Dos Lizmarks

A jump cut brings the viewers back to the ring where Dos Lizmarks are making their way to, slapping hands with the fans along the way. The duo slide into the ring and criss cross, running the ropes until Miseria Cantare by AFI kicks in, bringing the Motivator of Madness to the entrance. Followed closely by his charges, La Parka and El Devil Buhdaken. They slowly skulk towards the ring, before crawling under the bottom rope. Los esqueletos charge Dos Lizmarks, but the Lizmarks duck the clotheline attempts and with stereo dropkicks, send the esqueltos to the floor as the referee calls for the bell.

Los Esqueltos fume on the floor, pounding the apron as the referee begins a slow ten count, allowing them to try to scare a six year old kid in the front row. Eventually Parka slides into the ring while Bhudaken mans the apron, as Lizmark Jr. starts off for his team. The two tie up and La Parka uses his size and strength advantage to bend Junior over backwards, only to have Junior roll La Parka over with what can be described as a double-arm drag. La Parka bounces up to his feet and he and Junior stare at each other. They lock up and La Parka forces the smaller Junior towards the corner of Los Esqueletos where he’s met with a swift kick to the kidneys from Bhudaken. Los Esqueletos take control, dominating Junior for exactly three minutes, thirty eight seconds with repeated tags, nefarious double teams, and solid power-based wrestling from Parka and less solid striking attacks from Bhudaken. However, as Bhudaken goes for a simple kick, Junior has the presence of mind to grab his leg and fall towards the Lizmarks’ corner, twisting Bhudaken over in a dragon screw leg whip. Junior holds the leg and delivers a second dragon screw, and stretching, makes the tag to Lizmark Sr. Senior comes over the top rope with a senton to Bhudaken’s leg, much to the displeasure of La Parka, who comes charging in only to get caught with a pair of forearms from senior and sent stumbling out of the ring after a lariat. Senior turns around towards Bhudaken, who is back on his feet and jumps onto Bhudaken’s shoulders, presumably for a Hurricanrana, but Bhudaken’s leg gives out and he falls back, putting Lizmark face first into the top turnbuckle. The referee checks on Bhudaken, who is holding his leg, but as Lizmark Sr. staggers around the ring, La Parka sneaks in and plants him with the La Parkinator. Bhudaken suddenly seems energized and dives onto Lizmark Sr with a cover while La Parka locks up with Lizmakr Jr. 1…2…3! La Parka throws Junior towards Senior as he and Bhudaken pose briefly, before heading to the back.

Winners: Los Esqueletos via Pinfall (Devil Bhudaken p. Lizmark Senior)

(48, 25, 72)

The camera leaves ringside and heads backstage where Rey Mysterio is seated on a bar stool, with Will O the Wisp attempting to look menacing behind him. Mysterio is wearing his white leopard print mask, while Will O’s hair is now pure white. He drags his thumb across his throat as Mysterio smirks a little.

Rey Mysterio Jr.: Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero, who do you two think you are? You think because you worked together to steal the Mexican Title from me it somehow makes you important? You think it makes you special, it makes you Rey Mysterio, like hell it does! It just means you’re liars and cheaters and thieves! And unlike you, I won’t stand for that in MY federation. Chavo, you little thug, tonight you’re going to become an example to your brother. And Eddie, well, Will O here been begging me for a shot at you. And you know me, I’m just naturally generous, so soon enough, you’ll be about ten pounds of gold lighter.

Will O lets out an ear splitting cackle, effectively ending the interview.

(75%)

Mike Tenay: Wow, from weird to weirder. I’m not sure about Los Esqueletos, but man, that Will O is just nuts, and Rey doesn’t seem to be holding up too well either.

El Jefe: Well losing the Mexican Title tends to do that to men, Mike-o. Remember the great Guapo Gringo after his title loss. Man, he just went LOCO!

Mike Tenay: Well, there’s no denying the importance of that title to every wrestler in this federation. But up right now, we’ll be seeing Will O in action, and I won’t like Jay, it’s not looking good for Sicodelico. Ever since Rey Jr hooked up with Will O, the kid’s been more dangerous than ever.

Will O the Wisp vs. Sicodelico Jr.

Hip-Know-Tized is still playing as Sicodelico bounces around in the ring, playing to the fans. Suddenly, it’s cut off by Battle without Honor or Humanity, and Will O the Wisp comes into the center, and more glides than walks to the ring. He’s quickly inside the ring and the referee calls for the bell, as he takes off his sparkling coat and hangs it on the turnbuckle.

The match starts off with Will O grabbing a headlock, setting the tone for the match as Will O never gave an inch, beating Sicodelico mercilessly. Showcasing a mix of power moves as well as high flying abilities, Will O hit the Banshee’s Howl before climbing to the top rope and crashing down on top of Sicodelico with the Wisper in the Wind. A cover and three count later, Will O was declared the victor but didn’t seem finished. He yanks Sicodelico up and hits another Banshee’s Howl and then just lays into Sicodelico with rights and lefts, drawing the ire of the crowd, until Chavo Guerrero Jr comes charging out to the ring. From the crowd, Rey Mysterio Jr hits the aisle and catches a stunned Chavo with a lead pipe to the kneecap. Guerrero collapses as Mysterio bludgeons Chavo’s leg with the pipe. Will O leaves Sicodelico and joins Mysterio in the attack until from the back, Eddie Guerrero comes charging down to the ring. Mysterio drops the pipe bails back into the crowd but Will O and Eddie trade right hands, with Eddie gaining the advantage and knocking Will O into the crowd. He grabs the pipe and keeps Will O at bay as trainers and a battered Sicodelico help Chavo to the back.

Winner: Will O the Wisp via the Wisper in the Wind

(64%, 46%, 83%)

Mike Tenay: I don’t believe what I just say Jay! That was sickening what Will O and Rey Mysterio just did! Those two are…they’re…well they’re completely insane!

El Jefe: That’s definitely the truth, and Mikey…

Suddenly static interrupts the announce crew and the scene switches to the outside of the arena prior to the night’s event. A stretch limousine pulls up and Black Cat gets out of the passenger side in the front, rushing to the back and opening the door, allowing Mr. Aguila to get out. Aguila is wearing a fur coat and plastic sunglasses shaped like stars. He smirks at the crowd as Black Cat climbs on top of the limousine.

Black Cat: Ahem. Ha venido a nuestra atención eso NWA Ciudad de Mexico nega a proporcionar adversarios dignos de frente a Sr. Aguila. Con esto en la mente, Sr. Aguila no estará asistiendo la exposición de esta noche, y él no estará asistiendo cualquiera muestra en que él es forzado a encarar los talentos inferiores que infestan NWA Ciudad de Mexico. Eso es todo. Por favor, el regreso a su despreciable vive.

Black Cat jumps off the roof and opens Mr. Aguila’s door. Aguila climbs back inside as Black Cat races up to the passenger’s side door and the limo drives away.

( 49% )

El Jefe: Well that was not cool at all.

Mike Tenay: What’s Aguila still talking about. He claims he can’t face the talents in NWA: Mexico City because they’re…not good enough? That’s just crazy talk. But I still don’t get how he’s gotten Black Cat to be his bodyguard.

El Jefe: It’s like I said, Black Cat’s available to the highest bidder. Always has been, always will be.

Mike Tenay: I guess you might be right in this case, Jay. But now we’ve got an interesting matchup. Los Villanos have been clamoring for a tag team title shot, but haven’t been able to move up the tag team rankings in quite a while. But now, Villano Five will be facing a man who’s as close to the tag champions as anyone in the Amazing Red. I…well, I don’t see the Villanos letting this opportunity slip away from them.

Villano V vs. The Amazing Red

Villains in the Night by Pequenos Azules blares through the arena bringing not just Villano V to the ring, but Villano III and Villano IV with him. The trio slowly make their way to the ring, and while Three and Four circle the ring, Villano Five steps under the bottom rope and mockingly shakes hands with the referee. Danger by Electric Six kicks in and the Amazing Red appears in the entrance way. He stops, beckons, and the SAT make their way out, and the trio then make their way to the ring. The SAT align themselves on the opposite side of the ring as the Villanos, as Red flips over the top rope and nearly gets knocked out of his boots from a cheap lariat from the fifth Villano.

Keeping up the advantage, Villano V controls the early part of the match, dominating his smaller opponent, and managing to cheap shot Red whenever he starts to gain any momentum. Red, being nothing if not resilient, however, manages to take the advantage after scaling the turnbuckles following a whip from V-5 and backflipping behind the charging Villano, leaping into the air and sending the masked superstar chest first into the turnbuckle. Red, now feeling adrenaline flowing through his tiny body, becomes a miniature wrecking ball, flipping around the ring disorienting V-5 and wearing the bigger man down including a cannonball onto a standing V-5 which nearly scored the 3 count. A scoop slam and Red bounces off the ropes, only to be grabbed by V-4. This immediately brings the SAT to the Villanos’ side of the ring and a brawl begins between V-3/V-4 and the SAT. In the ring, V-5 catches a stunned red and sets him up for the Villano-Pex but Red escapes and rolls V-5 up 1..2..NO! V-5 kicks out. Red drops a knee to the back of V-5’s necks and signals for the Code Red, but V-5 bounces up as Red turns to bounce off the ropes, and as Red springs back, he gets caught with the Villano-Plex. 1…2...3! The referee raises V-5’s hand in victory as his partners break off the fight with the SAT, and the three Villanos head to the backstage area while the SAT help Red to the back.

Winner: Villano V via the Villano-Plex

( 52%, 33%, 71% )

Mike Tenay: I can’t say I agree with the Villanos’ tactics, but Villano Five certainly put a good showing on against an incredible athlete in Red.

El Jefe: Oh but Mikey, there’s just one more match to go, and to tell you the truth, I don’t know it it’s going to happen.

Mike Tenay: That’s right, for people just joining us, Chavo Guerrero Jr. was heinously assaulted by Rey Mysterio Jr. earlier in the evening, and his leg can’t be in any shape to be involved in competition.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.

But just as Mike finishes speaking, Battle Without Honor or Humanity blares, bringing Rey Mysterio and Will O the Wisp into the rec center once again. The duo receive a loud chorus of boos. Mysterio has a microphone with him and talks as he walks.

Rey Mysterio Jr.: Oh no, poor Chavo hurt his leg running to the ring earlier, whatever shall we do? Poor clumsy kid just couldn’t quite make the last couple steps, and now there’s talk that he won’t be able to compete? Well I am SHOCKED. Let’s get this over with, Chavo, get out here and forfeit this match to me, so Will O and I can move on to the Guerrero the really matters.

The duo slide into the ring as Honor, Pride, Respect plays, bringing Chavo Guerrero Jr. to the ring, followed by the current NWA: Mexican Champion Eddie Guerrero, and the crowd goes nuts to see them. Both Guerreros slide into the ring, and immediately Chavo and Rey tie up as Eddie takes Will O over the top rope with a clothesline and then follows up with a Pescado LUCHA! The referee frantically calls for the bell and the match is underway.

The camera men are in a bind during this match, as Eddie and Will O brawl on the outside and Chavo and Rey go at it in the ring. Chavo controls, but is definitely favoring his right leg, and is putting as little pressure on it as possible, choosing instead to just brawl with Mysterio. Rey, however, breaks Chavo’s onslaught with a poke to the eyes and then dropkicks the leg, sending Chavo crashing to the mat. Rey, straying from his high flying roots, keeps the match on the ground, focusing on Chavo’s leg, wrenching it, and jumping on it, doing everything he can to break it. On the outside, Eddie sends Willow from guardrail to guardrail, but misses a charge and crashes into the steel. Grinning, he reaches into his coat and pulls out an identical pipe to the one used earlier in the show by Mysterio and as Eddie gets to his feet, clocks him over the head with it, sending the champion down in a heap. In the ring, Rey has Chavo hooked in a figure four. Chavo desperately tries to roll him over as Will O casually walks around the outside of the ring. Tries…Tries…SUCCESS! Chavo manages to roll Rey over and Will O immediately puts the pipe on the ring apron nearest Rey, who convienently obstructs the referee’s view and then proceeds to run to the other side of the ring, jump on the ring, and start screaming at the referee about getting Eddie some medical help, as blood has begun flowing from his head. The referee seems justifiably alarmed and calls for the medical personnel as Rey screams in pain and somehow manages to roll Chavo over once again. Rey reaches behind him, and as Chavo tries to roll again, smashes the pipe against Chavo’s leg. Once, Twice, Thrice. Chavo’s screams echo through the rec center which brings the referee back to the active competitors as the medical crew takes Eddie to the back, and on the brink of passing out, Chavo’s hand weakly slaps against the mat three times. The referee calls for the bell and Rey breaks the hold and poses as Will O slides in, just to sit in the corner and laugh manically. Rey grabs the pipe, walks over to Will O and presents him with the pipe. The Wisp gets to his feet and raises it high in the air as the credits roll and Mike Tenay screams about the heinous nature of this assault.

Winner: Rey Mysterio makes Chavo Guerrero Jr submit to the Figure Four

( 77%, 78%, 75% )

Final Rating: 59%

Alright, we got a problem.

Naitch has 'lost his smile' as it were, and is out.

So, what I'm asking... wait. First, I've already talked to JHS, and she's cool with either way, either put this horse down, or the show must go on.

So, what I'm asking, Ray, Pancho, I want your imput. Do we stay, or do we go?