Best Game Intro

Benji

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soul Calibur 2's is awesome. When Mitsirugi leaps across the boats and slashes those two samurai. That was when I thought "This is going to be something special"

And Final Fantasy VIII's is amazing. The way the calm sea merges into the fight between Squall and Seifer is brilliant. I'm going to look for that vid now.

Also, I find Final Fantasy VII's a lot better now that I've completed the game. It sort of seems like the perfect beginning for a game that you know will engross you.

Gran Turismo 3. The intro was awesome, lots of fast sexy cars and the song was great, it was that song by Feeder before it was released, I think. Just fucking awesome.

Just a Day, tis a right tune. All GT's have been that good though, from the Chemical Brothers remix of Everything Must Go by the Manics ont first one to the remix of Kasabians Reason Is Treason on 4. Anyone know what it is on 2?

Diablo II's intro is pretty badass, but then, so are all the FMV sequences between the acts.

You get the Wanderer in the cell, in comes Tyrael, he starts spilling his guts, and you get the badass scene in the tavern where demons just come spilling out of nowhere and pretty much annihilate anything with a heartbeat and torch the place.

Soul Calibur 2's is awesome. When Mitsurugi leaps across the boats and slashes those two samurai. That was when I thought "This is going to be something special"

Well, Mitsy's always been the most badass man ever to be pixellised, but I think Soul Blade's opening was even better. For one, it had Li Long rather than the pansy-ass Maxi in SCII, and despite the worse graphics, I can't help thinking it was atmospheric.

Soul Blade's intro was fantastic. Great music, great 'faux-epic' voiceover and cool characters.

Taka - that assassin chick and Li Long were cool, as were both of the samurai....

Dynasty Warriors 5 gets the mention I popped in the game after a long time and Zhao Yun ripping through all those small army bitches with his weapon was amazing totally marked when they surround him and he leaps onto one with a headscissors and spins him around knocking everyone down, Not to mention Xing Cai is hot(L)

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree with a few posts up. Kingdom Hearts has a pretty sweet intro.

My favorite of all time though, is Katamari Damacy. Maybe it was just because I was drunk the first time I watched it...but I could sit through that thing for hours. It was THAT entertaining.

I liked the Zelda: Ocarina of Time intro, and other ones that were mentioned(Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts)