World of Warcraft

Your Mom

What's your toon's name? I'll keep my eye out for you.

Might roll an alliance hunter today. Warlock is fun, but I'm a little ADD when it comes to leveling toons. Hunters have always been my favourite, and my first 100 was an Undead Night Elf Hunter.

I've only died one on my 'lock so far, got caught up in Fenris Keep and my stupid Voidwalker got caught on some furniture. That place is a fucking death trap. Over in The Barrens now, as there are no 18-21 quests in Silverpines to occupy me <_<

Know what you mean about levelling. Had to stop myself rolling Priest as I played Priest & Rogue all the way through Lich King. Always wanted a Hunter and Warlock, but the thought of any kind of pet management irritates me! Frost Mage water elemental is bad enough!

Character's name is Dincht. I'm dreading the Murloc quests in Elwynn Forest. I remember how annoying those were and I literally have Frostbolt, Fireball and Fire Blast right now. Pulling more than one mob is death.

What's your toon's name? I'll keep my eye out for you.

Might roll an alliance hunter today. Warlock is fun, but I'm a little ADD when it comes to leveling toons. Hunters have always been my favourite, and my first 100 was an Undead Night Elf Hunter.

I've only died one on my 'lock so far, got caught up in Fenris Keep and my stupid Voidwalker got caught on some furniture. That place is a fucking death trap. Over in The Barrens now, as there are no 18-21 quests in Silverpines to occupy me <_<

Know what you mean about levelling. Had to stop myself rolling Priest as I played Priest & Rogue all the way through Lich King. Always wanted a Hunter and Warlock, but the thought of any kind of pet management irritates me! Frost Mage water elemental is bad enough!

Character's name is Dincht. I'm dreading the Murloc quests in Elwynn Forest. I remember how annoying those were and I literally have Frostbolt, Fireball and Fire Blast right now. Pulling more than one mob is death.

Ha! I know what you mean. One of the reasons I always played Warlocks and Hunters in the pre Cata games. That pet soaks up a lot of punishment.

I'll jump on later tonight and shoot you a friend request. Will have to roll a character, but his name will likely be Trasian.

Added Trasian - it worked too so either you created him or someone else got to the name first :P

Made level 10 last night. Slow going but a lot of fun! Think I'm going to level Arcane - really can't be bothered with Frost and Fire might prove a bit tough - certainly through Stranglethorn Vale etc. Plus IIRC Arcane was the best PvE spec in WOTLK until you got to the higher end gear and could stack enough crit to make fire worthwhile.

I'd forgotten what it was like to be underlevelled though. In retail, with heirlooms, you're constantly two hitting things. Last night I did Hogger (Lvl10 elite), at Level 9. Had to group with a Pally to get it done - so much more fun that running up and one shotting it. Old, horrible, RNG drop rates can die in a fire though!

Yeah, I've really enjoyed it feeling like a challenge again. Sure, it takes time to grind out an area and you have to run around a lot looking for mobs or chasing up ridiculous quests, but it means you're actually in the world.

I resisted the urge to just LFG dungeon my way all the way to 80. It's tempting, but I want to re-explore a world I haven't seen since pre-Cata.

Yeah, I've really enjoyed it feeling like a challenge again. Sure, it takes time to grind out an area and you have to run around a lot looking for mobs or chasing up ridiculous quests, but it means you're actually in the world.

I resisted the urge to just LFG dungeon my way all the way to 80. It's tempting, but I want to re-explore a world I haven't seen since pre-Cata.

Is it actually possible to LFG to 80? I thought the massive dungeon experience buff came just before WoD? Seems like it would take way longer than questing in WOTLK?

On the subject of the expansion, I think it will take a lot to pull me back in. I got hyped for WoD, loved the 90-100, then got bored so quickly. Unless it becomes difficult again I don't think I will be interested. I also definitely won't be pre-purchasing it after the state of the servers during the WoD launch.

Probably not all the way to 80 with unique content, but I'd say it's still quicker to dungeon run over and over again than it is to quest your way through. I remember leveling guys that way pre Cata.

As for the expansion, we'll see where it's headed. I'll probably pre-order because I'm an impatient asshole. Spent the firs 6-7 hours of WoD unable to even log in <_<

2 1/2 hours until the next expansion's announced at Gamescom. Supposedly Blizzard has a trademark for something like "Wrath of Azshara" or something like that, so a lot of people think that the next expansion is going to be centered around Queen Azshara and the Naga. We'll know for sure shortly!

New expac title: World of Warcraft: LEGION 
- New HERO CLASS: DEMON HUNTER 
- Artifact Weapons
- New zone: Broken Isles
- Class Order Halls
- New Honor System 
- Level cap 110

Also, seems like the plot's going to deal with the return of the Burning Legion.

EDIT: Tomb of Sargeras is on the Broken Isles. "Biggest demonic invasion of Azeroth.. EVER." "We will wield the famous artifacts of those we've lost." One of the frames in the video shows Ashbringer being wielded as an Artifact weapon, being reforged into the Corrupt Ashbringer, Flaming Ashbringer, etc.

Get to go to Mar'dun, the original home of the Demon Hunters. Learn about their past and history. Going to scour the Broken Isles for the "pillars of creation", Titan relics used to create Azeroth when the universe was young. Only way to close the portal in the Tomb of Sargeras. 

Dalaran will be a main hub for this expansion, since the Kirin Tor are led by Khadgar now. 

It's also hinted that the players may "lose" the initial battle against the demonic invasion, with game devs saying that the pre-expansion event leading up to Legion will "shock" players.

Sounds like Highmountain is going to be one of the higher level zones. Stormheim is a Vrykul zone, going to fight the vrykul god-king and his minions who now serve the Legion.

Going to go to a zone called "Suramar", which will reveal a new race of elves that are offspring of the old elves. They're pawns of the Burning Legion. 

"Alleria and Turalyon's time is here". Going to finally find out what happened to them.

http://www.twitch.tv/blizzard

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/5071-Legion-is-the-next-World-of-Warcraft-expansion!

EDIT: Here's what I'm most interested in, PVP changes:

"gear has way too much to do with PVP, we want to really dial that back.. we needed a new system that addressed that."

Instead of buying gear you progress through honor ranks - rank 1 through 50 - and you unlock PVP talents. Example shows Gladiator's Medallion as a level 1 PVP talent you can learn. All PVP talents are unlocked at level 50.

Example: "Initiation", increases crit strike chance on opponents with 80% or more health. Passive ability.

Edited by Cloudy

Will definitely be rolling a Demon Hunter, that's a great class. Luckily only the entire rest of my guild plans on doing this too. Raids are about to be a lot of fun!

Fucking love the idea of Artifacts, transmog is a good 80% of what I enjoy in the game.

• Like 1

You can prestige similar to Call of Duty, reset your honor and go through all your PVP stuff again to earn cosmetic rewards. Some of the rewards mentioned were portrait badges denoting how many times you've prestiged, unique mounts, and PVP variants of artifact weapons. 

Overall I think right now I'm satisfied with how they're changing PVP. I'm sure there will still be PVP gear, but it'll play less of a role than it did before.

Edited by Cloudy

I'm sure it'll be next spring/summer to coincide with the release of the WoW movie. They said to expect a beta later this year.

I am hyped. Cool new features, interesting villain(s), amazing looking new zones, fun new features, artifacts require you to actually revisit parts of the world other than the new zones, Demon Hunters look sick, and ALL OF THE NOSTALGIA!

Arghh, really didn't want to get hyped for this then they go and give me TBC 2? Damnit.

Ok, so it's not really TBC 2, but it seems they're at least looking to change some of the things that have been wrong with the game for a while now.

Definitely like the noises they are making around making classes feel different and making dungeons feel important again. The PvP talent trees and honor system sound great as well. Demon Hunters look great but wouldn't really interest me at release as everyone and their brother will be playing one.

Won't be anywhere near sold on it until we see how much of the promised content actually makes it in, but I'll definitely keep a closer interest in how it develops. It might even prove enough to make me revisit WoD and dust off my Paladin in preparation (beacuse who doesn't want to wield The Ashbringer?!).

Decided to take some time away from the Diary Dome for a bit so decided to reinstall this. I've purchased up to Mists Of Pandora but never really played as much as I should have for as much as I paid for it. Actually now that I look at the discs, I think I'm missing the one between Wrath of the Lich King and Mists.....so I've got to buy that one.

Decided to take some time away from the Diary Dome for a bit so decided to reinstall this. I've purchased up to Mists Of Pandora but never really played as much as I should have for as much as I paid for it. Actually now that I look at the discs, I think I'm missing the one between Wrath of the Lich King and Mists.....so I've got to buy that one.

Cataclysm, though I think everyone was bumped up to Mists at some point.  May want to log into your account and see what you have access to.

Not that I'm playing this again or anything. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking of reupping my sub lately so I've been playing around on low level characters since you get a starter edition account when you have a lapsed sub. Ran into a pretty cool bug while I was hanging out in Teldrassil, the night elf area: a blood elf who could speak Darnassian. Apparently, he faction changed from Alliance to Horde with the mage buff "Arcane Language" - which allows you to understand your allies' language - and it stuck to him. So even though he was Horde, he could talk and understand Darnassian and other Alliance-specific languages (but not Common). Was cool chatting with him, talking about wanting cross-faction chat, abolishing factions all together, etc.