World of Warcraft

Your Mom

Supposedly the Legion pre-patch drops on July 19th, just a few days over 2 weeks from now. The pre-patch brings the Wardrobe function, class and talent changes, a 40-man Broken Shore scenario, and demonic invasions around Azeroth. 

After all these years I'm still building up my first character. Embarrassingly I'm still under level 30. I know people play with many different characters. What's everyone's favourite type? My only character is a Paladin but I'm thinking it might be cool to work on another character as well.

I've always been partial to paladin and warrior. Priest is fun too - low levels can be a pain in the ass, but once you're able to choose your spec at level 10, it gets a lot easier. Rogues are pretty fun.

Really, I've played almost every class to some extent (when you play a game for 11 years, that tends to happen), and the only classes I've actively disliked were mage, shaman and hunter. I've had at least a level 80+ of every class except for those because they're classes that, for whatever reason, I just can't get into.

• 1 month later...

I started playing a hunter after the class changes and I'm really liking the new Survival spec. Melee hunter! Marksmanship is great too, especially when you take the Lone Wolf talent so you don't have to worry about micromanaging a pet. Don't think I'll get it to 100 before Legion drops, though.

Speaking of Legion.. 14 days!

Hot tip for leveling through the pre-patch: do invasions. They've nerfed the balls out of it (yesterday I went from 10-16 on the Fire Mage I'm leveling) but you can still get about a levels worth of exp from each one, at least in the lower levels. It might drop off a bit more towards Pandaria/WoD, but then once you reach WoD you can buy the exp potions and literally finish the expansion in 2 hours. It's awesome.

I had the Fiery Warhorse drop from Kharazan the other day whilst running it for illusions. Was psyched, I think that's the only rare mount I've had drop thus far.

• Like 1

Continuing with my Ret Paladin all the way. Lots of people complaining they're rubbish and blah blah blah. I've played on the pre patch and on the beta, and they're fine. Mechanically, ret is wayyy more fun than in WoD. 

Really looking forward to Legion now (Karazahn 7.1 HYPE!). I actually have the week off work when the expansion comes out (pure coincidence, since I put my holidays in at the end of 2015!), so hoping the servers don't die as much as they did at WoD launch.

• Like 1

I've leveled from 88 to 90 through Invasions, and then I leveled a good chunk of the way from 90-92 the same way. I think they hotfixed the amount of exp you get from tagging mobs, because I was getting 2-3k per kill on my level 91 hunter with other people fighting the same ones.

Also, @TKz and @Whisper, what are your battletags?

@Cloudy TKz#1896, but I'm EU so I don't think we can do anything WoW together. :(

9 hours ago, Whisper said:

Continuing with my Ret Paladin all the way. Lots of people complaining they're rubbish and blah blah blah. I've played on the pre patch and on the beta, and they're fine. Mechanically, ret is wayyy more fun than in WoD. 

Really looking forward to Legion now (Karazahn 7.1 HYPE!). I actually have the week off work when the expansion comes out (pure coincidence, since I put my holidays in at the end of 2015!), so hoping the servers don't die as much as they did at WoD launch.

Man, I dunno. I've mained Ret through WoD and I'm pulling much worse numbers than I was throughout WoD raids. My guild got to Mythic Killrogg and I was pulling easy over 100k dps, nowadays with ring I'm lucky to maintain anything close to that. I'm hoping that the Artifact Weapon will improve it somewhat, but if not I might end up going with the Warrior alt I've got at 100. I adore Pally but I just think the rotation needs more umph. I think they expected the buffs we get to even it out but they're not really doing that job very well.

How's everyone liking Demon Hunter? It's a fun class, a bit too squishy for me but that mobility is lovely.

@Cloudy same as TKZ, I'm in EU, so not sure we can even add each other? I will happily try though - btag is Dincht04#2568.

2 hours ago, TKz said:

@Cloudy TKz#1896, but I'm EU so I don't think we can do anything WoW together. :(

Man, I dunno. I've mained Ret through WoD and I'm pulling much worse numbers than I was throughout WoD raids. My guild got to Mythic Killrogg and I was pulling easy over 100k dps, nowadays with ring I'm lucky to maintain anything close to that. I'm hoping that the Artifact Weapon will improve it somewhat, but if not I might end up going with the Warrior alt I've got at 100. I adore Pally but I just think the rotation needs more umph. I think they expected the buffs we get to even it out but they're not really doing that job very well.

How's everyone liking Demon Hunter? It's a fun class, a bit too squishy for me but that mobility is lovely.

Yeah, it does feel like it needs something extra, but I'm enjoying it. If you haven't already, try stacking haste. I find it much more engaging with the 20-25% haste I have right now. As for numbers; everyone's are down significantly. I'm still top 5 on each boss in my guild, so I'm happy right now. I played a bit on beta as well and Ashbringer definitely makes a difference. Wake of Ashes giving an instant 5 holy power is a huge help. We could probably use a numbers pass though, but I'm sure all that will get balanced out out before raiding starts.

I've also had great fun in random battlegrounds with the Eye For an Eye and Holy Wrath talents. Nothing better than being jumped on by a Rogue and a Warrior and blowing both up with a Bubble/Holy Wrath combo when you get low. Really looking forward to the new pvp system in Legion. 

As for Demon Hunters; the mobility is great fun, but it all feels a bit too simplistic at the moment (and, by all accounts, not hugely different at 110). I went tank on mine, which is a little more interesting than the dps spec, but I can't ever see it being more than an alt.

Demon Hunter's fun but not like.. insanely fun. A bunch of people in my guild are making it their new main, and I don't foresee dropping my warrior to main DH. My guild did an all DH run of normal Hellfire Citadel last night, though, and that was pretty fun/funny. We found out on the Iron Reaver that if we all went tank spec we were able to survive (and down) the boss. After that, we had 19 people running around doing infernal leaps, and killing trash with immolation aura and sigil of flame. I called it quits and went to bed while we were on Gorefiend, I dunno if the group got any further than that.

EDIT: Also I tried to add both of you anyway, Aleindria#1339.

• 2 weeks later...

Legion's fun so far, if not heartbreaking with some of the quests. Like for instance, in Aszuna (storyline spoilers)

Spoiler

When Runas the Shamed turns into a Withered. The voice acting for that was great as well.

Runas the Shamed says: This hunger is consuming my very mind. It is taking every ounce of my energy to just... just...
Runas the Shamed says: Can you hear me, my friend?
Runas the Shamed says: I... I can not see you anymore.
Runas the Shamed says: I think... perhaps it is time to say goodbye, then.
Runas the Shamed says: Thank you, my friend, for letting my last few hours mean something.

Having a great time with it so far. Just hit 108 and I've still got a quarter of Highmountain and the whole of Stormheim still to do. Between class halls, profession quests, artifacts etc, there just seems so much to do. It's a really nice change of pace from WoD and feeling like there was very little to do.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Some people at work have been trying to get me back into playing this so I think I'm going to create a new Blood Elf Hunter and run with them. I tend to stick with Alliance and Warriors but they've convinced me that I want to be a Horde. 

Just don't play on the Whisperwind server. That's the one I was on (I quit around the time they announced Cataclysm was delayed, so it has been a while!), and its mostly Alliance. I may be biased, but the majority of Horde players I met there were absolute jerks. (I made a Tauren Deathknight on a diffetent server, so just I didn't have to deal with them.)

Started on my Blood Elf Hunter over the weekend. I'm up to level 21 already which is quite surprising since all the other time I've played, the highest level I've ever been is 26. I'm only 5 levels away from that in like 2 days this time. I've never been a huge fan of this type of game mainly because I get tired of a lot of walking around but Mounts and flights actually allow me to go back and forth quite easy which is good for keeping my enjoyment.

On 2/15/2018 at 01:59, GhostMachine said:

Just don't play on the Whisperwind server. That's the one I was on (I quit around the time they announced Cataclysm was delayed, so it has been a while!), and its mostly Alliance. I may be biased, but the majority of Horde players I met there were absolute jerks. (I made a Tauren Deathknight on a diffetent server, so just I didn't have to deal with them.)

I'm on the Area 52 server because my work buddies are there as well. I don't tend to play a lot in groups though because I'm not big on playing with others. I did get my first huge quest last night that states "Reccomended for 5 players" but I'm probably still going to try and solo it unless one of my buddies is on at the same time as I am. Between the two of them they have like 21 different characters and about 90% of them are lvl 110.

I've only got up to Warlords of Draenar for expansions right now so I think I'm about 2 behind that I'm going to have to buy eventually and I see Battle For Azeroth is also coming out soon as well.

On 5/18/2017 at 08:13, Cajun Cloudad said:

AN ILLUSION?

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway now that I have stupid WoW jokes out of the way, I'm working towards unlocking Void Elves. I'm at 16.6k/21k towards exalted with the Argussian Reach faction, which is one of the pre-reqs for unlocking them. Going to roll a void elf warrior and level it to 110, or at least that's the plan as of right now. 

Also, Forky, are you sure you didn't pick up a dungeon quest? Most dungeon quests recommend 5 players, so it might be hard to solo if it's a dungeon quest.

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway now that I have stupid WoW jokes out of the way, I'm working towards unlocking Void Elves. I'm at 16.6k/21k towards exalted with the Argussian Reach faction, which is one of the pre-reqs for unlocking them. Going to roll a void elf warrior and level it to 110, or at least that's the plan as of right now. 

Is this English? :P This WoW language is still so foreign to me. I've been reading up on different stuff in WoW when I'm not playing it but I still can't wrap my head around everything. I think I'm starting a new addiction though.

Also, Forky, are you sure you didn't pick up a dungeon quest? Most dungeon quests recommend 5 players, so it might be hard to solo if it's a dungeon quest.

I'm not really sure. It may have been. I had to get the head of Dar'Khan or something like that. I could get to him but there was like 6 other people in the same room with him so I couldn't actually solo it. I got my buddy to go through it with me as he's got a LVL 110 character that basically wiped these guys out in one hit.

I just bought Legion today though I know I'm nowhere near needing it yet considering I'm only LVL 23. I'm going to go get my heirloom bow though as I have enough gold to grab that but then I need to figure out the best gear for my hunter at this level.

@Cajun Cloudad