The show was good, except the Christian segment. First of all, WWE wouldn't discuss a matter such as a written contract on screen. Second of all, any publicity to TNA is a total and utter no-no. Christian meantioning them makes people think, "Hmm, what's this TNA? I better find out!"

Apart from that, this diary is good so far.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Thanks for the comments, nice to see my work is enjoyed.

I added the contract signing in because i am hoping to get Christian some extra heat aswell as build a solid storyline in which Shane attempts to get the title away from Christian before his time in W.W.E is up being that he only has 10 dates left to work. I have outlined that Shane doesn't want to end up in his father shoes and strip Christian of the title or screw him over in any way. The plot thickens so stay tuned with the storyline.

Also i did mention TNA in the segment purely because i want it to seem like Christian doesn't care about W.W.E and is only focused on himself, having no tied down contract. I know it might seem far fetched but i think i am going about it the correct way.

To anyone else who wants to contribute their thoughts, they are much appreciated.

Edited by zcotty2hottie

Smackdown

With just a couple of weeks until Wrestlemania the superstars on Smackdown are preparing themselves for one hell of a show. Currently no matches have been booked on the Smackdown side of things but that could all change tonight.

Booker T successfully defeated Ron Killings with help from The Undertaker last week who then laid out Sonny Siaki afterwards. This week Booker T will go one on one with Sonny Siaki.

The Undertaker is set to main event the night though as he does battle with The World Heavyweight Champion, Batista. The title will not be on the line but this will be a battle between 2 bulls here on Smackdown.

Last week Christian was told that until he loses the title he will defend it every week. Last week, Christian retained the title after getting disqualified in a match against Diamond Dallas Page. Shane McMahon has been keeping the next challenger a secret in order to make Christian sweat is out. Who is it going to be?

On Velocity Chris Benoit defeated Test by DQ thanks to an attack by Team Charisma and then by Randy Orton. Chris Benoit will team with William Regal, a man who has had problems with Kid Romeo for the past month or so. It will be Chris Benoit and William Regal taking on Randy Orton and Kid Romeo in tag team action.

And can Sean O’Haire earn himself a title shot here tonight? Last week, Batista told Sean O’Haire to win 2 out of 3 matches and he will get a title shot come Wrestlemania. After a win over The Undertaker last week, Sean O’Haire will attempt to guarantee himself a title match at Wrestlemania 22 but who is his opponent?

Smackdown

'Troubled Times'

The Smackdown theme song is played and Smackdown comes on the air, pyro shoots off from the ring and

entrance ramp, the camera pans around the crowd before coming to rest at the announce table where we join Michael Cole and Tazz.

[Michael Cole] - Welcome to Smackdown, Michael Cole and Tazz here. Tonight we have tons of great action for you as we count down the days to Wrestlemania which will take place on the 27th of March.

[Tazz] - They know when it is Cole; everyone all around the world knows when Wrestlemania is. Just tell the people the news about the WWE Title match.

[Michael Cole] - Yes, huge news concerning the happenings at Wrestlemania from the Raw side of things. Triple H suffered an injury this week on Raw and it is unknown if he will be able to challenge Mick Foley for the W.W.E title.

[Tazz] - That’s enough of advertising Raw now Cole. Let’s talk more about Smackdown and what is going down here tonight.

[Michael Cole] - Tonight Christian will once again defend the United States title against a yet to be named opponent. It appears Shane is keeping the champion sweating and hoping to crack him before the title defence.

[Tazz] - Christian deserves it Cole. Last week he threatened to leave the company with the title but he still has several more dates to work before he can legally do so. Shane McMahon will do anything and everything to get the title away from Christian so long as he doesn’t end up like his old man.

[Michael Cole] - In other action tonight, Sean O’Haire will attempt to cement a title shot at Wrestlemania with 2 out of 3 wins, last week he overcame The Undertaker and tonight he must overcome Rey Mysterio.

[Tazz] - Batista has laid out some good tests for O’Haire. First he has to overcome size and power, now he must take on speed and agility, if Rey succeeds in defeating Sean O’Haire, you have to wonder what the last challenge will be.

[Michael Cole] - It is very interesting Tazz. In other action tonight Chris Benoit will team with William Regal to face the team of Kid Romeo and Randy Orton. A lot of bad blood in that match which I doubt will be settled here tonight. We also have a top main event as Batista and The Undertaker will do battle in a non-title match.

[Tazz] - That’s going to be hot. In just a few moments time though Cole we will see Sonny Siaki against Booker T.

‘Clueless?’

The titantron comes to life and we find ourselves backstage where Sharmell and Booker T are walking through the halls of the arena. Theodore Long then appears and approaches them.

[Theodore Long] - Booker T, last week you defeated one half of the WWE Tag Team champions, Ron Killings but would you have done so if it hadn’t been for the interference from The Undertaker?

[booker T] - What the hell are you talking about dawg? What did The Undertaker have to do with my match against Ron Killings? Last week I defeated Ron Killings in a fair one on one match and tonight I will do the exact same and defeat his partner Sonny Siaki, now can you dig that sucka!

Booker T & Sharmell walk off as the scene fades to black.

Rating: 80%

‘Booker T vs. Sonny Siaki©’

‘Singles Match’

Booker T’s music hits and The Booker Man makes his way down to the ring with Sharmell, they are getting some good heat. Sonny Siaki’s music then hits and one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions makes his entrance to the ring getting some decent crowd pops. The referee starts the match and Sonny Siaki goes on the assault against Booker T with a boot to the gut and some right hands to back him into the ropes. Booker T reverses an Irish whip and hits a slapjack across the top rope. Booker T knocks Sonny Siaki to the outside with The Harlem Side Kick. Booker T distracts the referee as Sharmell chokes Sonny Siaki. Booker T goes to the outside and sends Siaki back into the ring. Booker T climbs the turnbuckle and hits a missile dropkick for the 2 count. Booker T continues to dominate over Sonny Siaki for several minutes. Siaki counters a suplex into a snap suplex to get back into the match. Sonny Siaki puts the boots to Booker. Sonny Siaki takes Booker T into the corner and stomps a mud hole in him before choking him out with a boot in the throat. Sonny Siaki takes Booker T from the corner and hits a double arm ddt for the 2 count. The match continues for 10 minutes. Sonny Siaki dropkicks Booker in the knee. Booker T rolls to the outside and is in pain. The referee tells Siaki to stay back as it appears Booker T has been injured. The referee is distracted. The Undertaker has appeared out of nowhere. Taker spins Siaki around and then plants him with The Tombstone Piledriver. Undertaker disappears. Booker T manages to pull himself back into the ring. Booker T makes the cover ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match, Booker T!

Rating: 78.1%

Velocity

Last week's Velocity was the best in recent memory and this week will be just as good with 4 top matches. After what happened last week with The Mexicools. Billy Kidman and Matt Hardy team together once again to face Super Crazy and Psychosis.

The return of Stevie Richards has Christian sweating, after their match at No Way Out for the United States title. Stevie Richards will attempt to get closer to a match with Christian as he takes on Team Charisma member, Test.

What is expected to be a high flying classic, Juventud Guerrera versus Rey Mysterio will take place. 2 men who are hoping that a win can take them closer to gold will do battle in an unmissable match.

And the main event for Velocity will feature Rhyno and John Bradshaw Layfield taking on a veteran team of Chris Kanyon and Diamond Dallas Page. This is going to be one hell of a brawl.

Make sure that you tune into Smackdown's number 2 show because you will not be disappointed.

Velocity

'Better Still'

Velocity comes on the air and we join our hosts of the Saturday night show, Josh Matthews and Al Snow. The arena isn't packed but there seems to be quite a lot of fans in attendance.

[Josh Matthews] - Hello Smackdown fans, this is Velocity, I'm Josh Matthews alongside my broadcast partner, Al Snow and we are set for another huge episode of Velocity.

[Al Snow] - Did you see the ratings for last week’s show? They where huge and tonight, I am expecting them to be just as big.

[Josh Matthews] - Me too, we have 4 top matches here tonight. The returning Stevie Richards goes one on one with Test. Stevie Richards made his first appearance since No Way Out on Smackdown earlier this week and it seems he wants Christian. If he gets past Test tonight then he might just get the chance.

[Al Snow] - Juventud Guerrera versus Rey Mysterio, we don’t even have to tell you how great this match is going to be. Two incredible athletes are set to do battle tonight.

[Josh Matthews] - And our Main Event, a veteran team of Chris Kanyon and Diamond Dallas Page against a relatively new team of John Bradshaw Layfield and Rhyno. An un-miss able match to be sure.

[Al Snow] - But we will start things off tonight as Billy Kidman and Matt Hardy take on Mexicools Super Crazy and Psychosis. So let’s head down to the ring for that match.

‘Billy Kidman & Matt Hardy vs. Psychosis & Super Crazy’

‘Tag Team Match’

Billy Kidman and Matt Hardy make their entrance to the ring first getting some good crowd pops. The Mexicools music then hits and we are joined by Psychosis and Super Crazy who are getting good heat. Psychosis and Super Crazy enter the ring and go straight after Kidman and Matt and the fight is on. Matt Hardy beats Super Crazy into the corner and hammers on him with a barrage of punches. Billy Kidman sends Psychosis into the ropes, Psychosis ducks a clothesline and comes off the ropes with a headscissors take over which sends Kidman under the bottom rope. Psychosis nails Matt Hardy from behind. Super Crazy and Psychosis send Matt into the ropes; Matt ducks a double clothesline and hits a double dropkick. Matt Hardy clotheslines Super Crazy over the top rope to the ring apron. Matt blocks a German suplex from Psychosis. Matt attempts a back suplex but Psychosis lands on his feet and trips Matt before applying a rear choke hold. Billy Kidman hits a springboard dropkick to make the save. The match continues for 10 minutes. Billy Kidman and Psychosis are the legal men. Psychosis crotches Kidman on the top rope and makes the tag to Super Crazy. Super Crazy hits a huricanranna on Kidman but only gets a 2 count. Matt ducks a lariat from Psychosis and hotshots him across the top rope. Super Crazy knocks Matt of the apron. Super Crazy turns around and gets nailed with a short powerbomb. Billy Kidman has the cover but Psychosis makes the save. Matt gets into the ring and hits the side effect on Psychosis. Billy Kidman is climbing the turnbuckle. Matt nails Super Crazy with The Twist Of Fate. Kidman comes off the top, Shooting Star Press! Kidman makes the cover ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winners of this match, Billy Kidman & Matt Hardy!

Rating: 80.7%

Triple H Injured

It was announced earlier this week on Raw that Triple H has suffered an injured knee after hitting it against the ringsteps. The winner of the Royal Rumble 2006 will now miss a month of action and this comes as we head into Wrestlemania 22 where Triple H and Mick Foley where set to meet for the WWE Heavyweight Title.

Currently Stephanie McMahon is passing around the idea of having a fatal 4 way match for the WWE Title but rumours have still to be confirmed.

Smackdown

Smackdown this week comes just 10 days before Wrestlemania 22 scheduled for the 26th of March and matches are destined to be made on this night.

With the recent attacks from The Undertaker on the W.W.E Tag Team champions, Ron Killings and Sonny Siaki. Ron Killings got some sweet revenge last week but this week he will have to go one on one with the dead man.

On Velocity it was announced that Stevie Richards had a chance to challenge for the United States title at No Way Out if he could defeat Test and then Kid Romeo. After a win over Test on Velocity, Kid Romeo is the only thing that stands between him and a United States title shot.

It was also announced on Velocity that Test and Christian shall face the team of Buff Bagwell and DDP. However DDP suffered an injury at Velocity and it’s not clear if he will be able to make it for the match. It looks like it could be a handicap match.

Also Sean O’Haire will attempt to pass his third and final challenge as he takes on Chris Benoit and William Regal in a triple threat match. A World Title shot is the prize for his win but a loss could put him out of the title picture for a long time.

And finally the main event looks to be Batista taking on Booker T in a non-title match. Expect this encounter to be a good one with their not to far back feud.

Randy Orton is also scheduled to make an appearance although he will not be in action, what can we expect to see from The Legend Killer? Make sure you tune into Smackdown this week for another jam packed episode.

Smackdown

'Matches Are Made'

The Smackdown theme song is played and Smackdown comes on the air, pyro shoots off from the ring and entrance ramp, the camera pans around the crowd before coming to rest at the announce table where we join Michael Cole and Tazz.

[Michael Cole]- Welcome to another edition of Smackdown with Michael Cole and Tazz. Wrestlemania is just 10 short days away and we have yet to be some matches for the event but we are guaranteed to make some here tonight.

[Tazz]- We sure are Cole, by the end of the night we should have challengers for the World Title and The United States titles, hopefully.

[Michael Cole]- We learned on Raw earlier this week that Mick Foley will not be able to defend the WWE Title against Triple H due to an injury the Game has suffered.

[Tazz]- It’s a damn shame as that would have been a great match. Let’s talk about our action tonight Cole.

[Michael Cole]- Tonight we will see 5 top class matches; Ron Killings takes on The Undertaker. There will be a triple threat match between Sean O’Haire, Chris Benoit and William Regal which shall determine if Sean O’Haire will challenge for the World title.

[Tazz]- After DDP suffered an injury on Velocity last week it looks like Buff Bagwell will face Christian and Test in a handicap match. And Booker T takes on Batista in a non-title match.

[Michael Cole]- In just a few moments time though, Stevie Richards takes on the Red Bull champion, Kid Romeo for a chance to challenge for the United States title at Wrestlemania.

’Backstage Preperation’

The titantron comes to life and we find ourselves backstage where Team Charisma, Christian, Kid Romeo and Test are inside of the dressing room. Kid Romeo is on his feet, ready to head out for his match.

[Christian] - Romeo, I cannot stress to you enough how important this match is to me. I don’t care how you beat Stevie Richards just beat him. Shane has barred both of us from ringside so you’re all alone tonight.

[Test] - Don’t worry about him; this won’t be a problem for you will it?

[Kid Romeo] - My name is Kid Romeo, I am the first and last Red Bull champion and I can beat anybody, anywhere, any time and when I tell you that Stevie Richards won’t be a problem. I don’t need anyone’s help to beat him, so don’t worry about it. I’ll catch you later.

Kid Romeo turns away and exits the dressing room as the scene fades to black.

Rating: 69.6%

’Kid Romeo© vs. Stevie Richards’

‘Singles Match’

‘Non-Title’

Stevie Richards makes his entrance first getting some good crowd pops from the fans. Team Charisma’s music then hits and Kid Romeo comes out from behind the curtains with the Red Bull championship around his waist. He is getting some decent heat as he enters the ring and shows off his title. The referee starts the match and both men appear cautious of one another before eventually tying up. Stevie Richards has Kid Romeo in a side head lock but Romeo escapes and sends him into the ropes, Richards ducks a clothesline and hits a knee in the back and follows up with a German suplex for the 2 count. Stevie Richards waits on Romeo to get back to his feet before hitting a knee to the gut and a boot to the chest followed by a lariat. Stevie Richards hits an elbow drop for a 2 count. Kid Romeo rakes the eyes of Stevie Richards and then quickly gets to his feet and drops a knee across the back of Richards head. Kid Romeo stomps away at Stevie. The match continues for 11 minutes. Stevie Richards and Kid Romeo are both down after a double clothesline. They fight back to their feet. Richards ducks a lariat from Kid Romeo. Richards attempts the Stevie Kick but it’s blocked by Kid Romeo. Romeo pushes Richards away. Kid Romeo knees Stevie in the gut and sends him into the ropes. Kid Romeo attempts a back body drop but it’s blocked by Stevie who hits the Stevie T. Richards makes the cover ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match, Stevie Richards!

Rating: 72.5%

Edited by zcotty2hottie

Velocity

With just over a week till Wrestlemania, things are certainly heating up with several matches now made for the greatest wrestling event in history. Randy Orton and Chris Benoit do battle in a falls count anywhere match, Christian defends The United States title in a ladder match against Test, Buff Bagwell and Stevie Richards. We also know that Batista will defend the World Title against Sean O'Haire.

The Smackdown brand is certainly coming alive as we feel the preheat of the oven known as Wrestlemania 22.

Velocity this week will feature some matches which wrestlers will attempt to get themselves closer to stardom as well as two top tag team matches including the main event.

Bobby Lashley will make his return from OVW to take on Mark Shade in singles action.

Frankie Kazarian will be in action as he takes on Doug Basham in singles action.

Lash Leroux goes one on one with Sylvain Grenier.

The WWE Tag Team Titles are on the line as Ron Killings and Sonny Siaki defend against Paul Burchill and William Regal.

Plus our Main Event in which Buff Bagwell teams with Stevie Richards to the face Team Charisma members Test and United States champion, Christian. Sparks are sure to fly in this match with all 4 men booked to face off at Wrestlemania.

Velocity

'Problems In Team Charisma'

Velocity comes on the air and we join our hosts of the Saturday night show, Josh Matthews and Al Snow. The arena isn't packed but there seems to be quite a lot of fans in attendance.

[Josh Matthews] - Hello Smackdown fans, this is Velocity, I'm Josh Matthews alongside my broadcast partner, Al Snow and we are set for another huge episode of Velocity.

[Al Snow] - We are just over a week away from Wrestlemania and we have so much to get through.

[Josh Matthews] - It was announced on Smackdown this week that Sean O’Haire will meet Batista for the World Title. Christian will defend his United States title against Test, Stevie Richards & Buff Bagwell! Plus Chris Benoit and Randy Orton in a falls count anywhere match.

[Al Snow] - And as I was saying, there is so much to get through because on Smackdown next week Undertaker and Booker T fight for the right to challenge for the WWE Tag Team Titles which are on the line tonight. Several Raw matches have still to be announced as well.

[Josh Matthews] - Let’s talk about tonight’s action though. Frankie Kazarian versus Doug Basham in singles action. Ron Killings and Sonny Siaki defend the WWE Tag Team Titles against William Regal & Paul Burchill and Lash Leroux against Sylvain Grenier.

[Al Snow] - Plus the main event in which Team Charisma members, Christian and Test against Buff Bagwell and Stevie Richards. All 4 men involved in the United States title match at Wrestlemania. However we will kick things off as Bobby Lashley makes his return from OVW against Mark Shade.

‘Bobby Lashley vs. Mark Shade’

‘Singles Match’

Bobby Lashley makes his entrance to the ring first getting little crowd pops. Mark Shade then makes his entrance getting some decent heat from the fans. The referee starts the match and Mark Shade ties up with Bobby Lashley who easily overpowers him and forces him into the corner. Lashley drives knees into the gut of Mark Shade and hits a back elbow. Lashley sends Shade across the ring and into the turnbuckle. Bobby Lashley charges in but misses a corner splash. Mark Shade with some boots to the gut of Lashley. Lashley reverses an Irish whip and hits a big back body drop. Lashley drops Mark Shade with a clothesline for the 2 count. Bobby Lashley hits several belly to belly overhead release suplexes and gets another 2 count. The match continues for 5 further minutes in which Lashley dominates Mark Shade. Lashley catches Shade coming off the top and hits a front powerslam. Lashley sets up Shade and drills him into the canvas with The Dominator. Mark Shade makes the cover ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match, Bobby Lashley!

Rating: 59%

Smackdown

We have reached the final edition of Smackdown before Wrestlemania and things are heating up as each show goes past. Velocity made way for another match with William Regal and Kid Romeo doing battle for the Red Bull title at Wrestlemania. Plus Test and Christian don’t appear to be on the same page after an accidental big boot which cost them the match against Bagwell and Richards. This could make the United States title match at Wrestlemania all the more interesting.

Smackdown this week will place another match or two on the card for Wrestlemania as Booker T and The Undertaker attempt to win a tag team title shot by taking on MNM, Billy Kidman & Matt Hardy in a triple threat tag team match. Failure to win the match will see a non-title match between Taker and Booker, Siaki & Killings at Wrestlemania.

In other action we will see Chris Kanyon one on one with Rhyno, who helped injure DDP a few weeks ago. Kanyon will attempt to get some revenge as JBL is busy with Chavo Guerrero tonight as well, that will surely make it a fair match.

For the first time since No Way Out, Stevie Richards and Christian go one on one. With Wrestlemania just days away, this could be an all important match as it could help set the tone.

Plus we have a huge main event with Batista, Chris Benoit and William Regal taking on the team of Sean O’Haire, Randy Orton and Kid Romeo. This will be an off the page match as we head towards Wrestlemania where they will face off in singles competition.

Smackdown

"3 Days To Go"

The Smackdown theme song is played and Smackdown comes on the air, pyro shoots off from the ring and entrance ramp, the camera pans around the crowd before coming to rest at the announce table where we join Michael Cole and Tazz.

[Michael Cole]- Welcome to Smackdown, we are just days away from Wrestlemania with just tonight’s show as well as Velocity to go and the excitement is already being felt all around the arena.

[Tazz] - Your not kidding Cole, the fans are certainly ready for Wrestlemania and I tell you what, so are the WWE superstars.

[Michael Cole] - We have several matches made for the event but we could potentially have more booked here tonight. On this night we have several top matches and nothing bigger than the main event where Batista, Chris Benoit and William Regal team up to take on Kid Romeo, Randy Orton and Sean O’Haire in a 6 man tag team match.

[Tazz] - That will be an off the hook match Cole. In other action we also have Christian taking on Stevie Richards, Kanyon against Rhyno. Taker & Booker will attempt to earn a WWE Tag Team Title shot in a match against MNM, Billy Kidman and Matt Hardy. Plus our opening match will be Chavo Guerrero against JBL.

[Michael Cole] - But before that ……

‘One More Match’

Shane McMahon’s music hits and the owner of the Smackdown brand makes his entrance to the ring getting some great crowd pops. Shane steps through the ropes and takes a microphone from the ring announcer.

[shane McMahon] - The 22nd Wrestlemania is upon us and when we think back at the long history of this great event, we see how it made so many superstars careers bigger and better than the best way to do that is to make your mark in history with a big win or by some other means that brings the federation to a stand still. When we look back at the previous two years, Raw has had the main event spot. Firstly Chris Benoit wins the World Title in a match including Triple H and Shawn Michaels followed by Batista winning the World Title from Triple H. I understand that the title decision by the Royal Rumble winner plays a huge part in the main event for Wrestlemania but this year, since Triple H will not be challenging for the WWE title that he earned a shot at back in January’s Royal Rumble. I have managed to grasp that main event spot and it will be Batista defending The World Title against Sean O’Haire but to make things a little sweeter, it will be a no disqualification match.

[shane McMahon] - That is not the reason that I came out here tonight though, I have come out here to make one final match for Wrestlemania. I have decided to make an invitational battle royal where 15 superstars of my choosing will do battle for a title shot of my choosing. So I urge each superstar to check their mail boxes tonight because if you do not show for the match then it will result in some serious action. Apart from that I hope that everyone tunes into Wrestlemania this Sunday because it is going to be as great as always.

Shane then leaves the ring and heads backstage with this match now announced for Wrestlemania.

Rating: 77.8%

‘Chavo Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield’

‘Singles Match’

Chavo Guerrero makes his entrance to the ring first getting some good crowd pops. Chavo enters the ring and awaits his opponent. Music plays again and John Bradshaw Layfield’s limousine appears and moments later JBL steps from it getting some good heat from the fans. JBL enters the ring and poses on the top turnbuckle. The referee starts the match. Chavo ducks a clothesline from JBL and hits a kick in the gut before delivering a few chops. JBL reverses an Irish whip; Chavo ducks a clothesline but gets nailed with a knee to the gut. JBL hits a hard back breaker on Chavo for the 2 count. JBL hits a series of elbow drops. JBL comes off the ropes as Chavo gets to his feet. Chavo drops JBL with a dropkick. Chavo comes off the ropes with a bulldog on JBL for the 2 count. Chavo goes up top, Chavo comes off the top with a crossbody but JBL catches him and hits a fallaway slam for the 2 count. The match continues for 8 further minutes. JBL sends Chavo into the corner and hits a corner clothesline. JBL comes off the ropes, Chavo ducks the clothesline from hell and rolls him up using a handful of tights ….1…2….3! The fans cheer as Chavo quickly exits the ring and heads backstage.

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match, Chavo Guerrero!

Rating: 74.4%

Velocity

As we move into Wrestlemania, Velocity has been toned down quite a bit as the superstars announced to keep at the event are not going to be in action but let's hope we can still pull of a good show.

Paul London will make his return from injury to face Nunzio in singles competition.

Lash Leroux will face off against Mark Shade.

JBL has something to say and will be in action against Kid Kash.

Also a huge 6 man elimination tag team match has been announced. The Mexicools will go up against the team of Paul Burchill, Chavo Guerrero and Rey Mysterio. This will be a top class match.

And what developments, if any will there be as we move into Wrestlemania this Sunday. Tune in to find out.

Velocity

'Wrestlemania's Last Step'

Velocity comes on the air and we join our hosts of the Saturday night show, Josh Matthews and Al Snow. The arena isn't packed but there seems to be quite a lot of fans in attendance and of course the atmosphere is fantastic with less than a day until Wrestlemania.

[Josh Matthews] - Hello Smackdown fans, this is Velocity, I'm Josh Matthews alongside my broadcast partner, Al Snow and Wrestlemania is less than one day away. How great is the atmosphere Al?

[Al Snow] - It’s fantastic but this is nothing compared to what Wrestlemania is going to be like tomorrow night.

[Josh Matthews] - Tonight on this broadcast we will see Lash Leroux against Mark Shade, Kid Kash against John Bradshaw Layfield. Paul London makes his return from injury to face Nunzio and we have a 6 man elimination tag team match to round us off. It will be Chavo Guerrero, Paul Burchill & William Regal taking on The Mexicools.

[Al Snow] - It was a slight neck injury that Paul London suffered during the United States title tournament in a match against Buff Bagwell. He assures us that he is fully healed and ready for action. So let’s see how he does against Nunzio.

‘Nunzio vs. Paul London’

‘Singles Match’

Nunzio makes his entrance to the ring first getting some decent heat from the fans. Paul London then makes his entrance getting some decent crowd pops. The referee starts the match and they tie it up. Nunzio uses an arm wringer on London. London flips out and uses his feet to drop Nunzio to the canvas. London comes off the ropes, ducking a clothesline and then taking down Nunzio with a head scissors takeover. Paul London comes off the ropes but gets nailed with a dropkick for a 2 count. Nunzio beats the head of Paul London with several punches. Nunzio sends London into the corner and charges in, London gets the feet up. London comes off the top with a crossbody but Nunzio counters for a 2 count. The match continues for 8 minutes with neither man really getting full control of the match. Paul London hits an enzuguri on Nunzio. Paul London is climbing the turnbuckle. Nunzio quickly gets back to his feet and cuts him off. London fights off a superplex attempt and hits a sunset flip off the turnbuckle ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match, Paul London!

Rating: 71.5%

IPB Image

Since his debut, Sean O’Haire has been a thorn in the side of the World Heavyweight Champion, Batista. His mind games along haunted and overcame the champion on a number of occasions and they collided at No Way Out in a 3 man elimination match for the title, Booker T was also in that match. After eliminating Booker T, Sean O’Haire had less than 5 seconds before being planted with a spinebuster to give Batista the win. Sean O’Haire had to win 2 out of 3 matches to earn a title shot against Batista. He defeated The Undertaker, lost to Rey Mysterio and eventually defeated Chris Benoit and William Regal in a handicap match to earn the title shot. However due to many happenings between the two men, it was decided that the main event would be a no holds barred match.

IPB Image

Mick Foley was originally scheduled to face off against Triple H, who won the royal rumble but due to a minor injury, The Game was forced to relinquish his title shot. In a tournament to determine a number 1 contender, it was Edge who defeated Shawn Michaels in the finals to earn a title shot against Mick Foley.

IPB Image

Two incredible wrestlers meet at Wrestlemania in what will surely be a very remember able match. It will be The Lionsault versus The Angle Slam, The Walls Of Jericho versus The Angle Lock and they can come into play many times to score a win as the match will continue for 20 minutes, the superstar who scores the most victories during this time slot will win the match. It was because of their recent undefeated streak that they came together, both suffered a defeat in a tournament and it was their only losses in a long while, this resulted in a 1 on 1 confrontation and leads us to this match tonight.

IPB Image

Stevie Richards and Christian faced off at No Way Out in the finals of The United States title tournament; Christian took everything Stevie had to offer but still picked up victory. Christian refused to sign exclusively for Smackdown and the WWE. This lead to a series of defences from Christian, until Richards returned and a 1 on 1 match was made. However, Christian brought in Test from Team Charisma to make it a handicap match for the title but as a result; Buff Bagwell was also inducted into this match, having been screwed over by Christian on more than 1 occasion. To make it more interesting, the match was made a fatal 4 way ladder match.

IPB Image

Tajiri defeated Carlito for the Intercontinental Title back in February and has dominated as a champion from then on. Gene Snitsky, who has also been on a roll of late, attacked Tajiri during a title defence and continued to make his presence felt until a match was finally signed between the two men.

IPB Image

Ron Killings and Sonny Siaki won the tag titles at No Way Out and soon after that became a target to The Undertaker for an unknown reason. Undertaker would help Booker T in secret to pick up victory over both men. Eventually it was revealed and a tag team formed between the two. After defeating MNM, Kidman and Matt Hardy to earn a title shot, the match was set but not before Ron Killings and Sonny Siaki where decimated one again. Undertaker is still undefeated at Wrestlemania but having to rely on a partner for this event, it could be life or death for Booker T.

IPB Image

A specially added match to the event originally was announced as being a Smackdown only match but later became an inter-promotional battle royal. 7 men from Raw, 7 men from Smackdown and a mystery entrant, who can it be? The winner of this match will get a title shot of the brand owners choosing.

IPB Image

Randy Orton and Chris Benoit competed 1 on 1 in the first Smackdown under Shane’s reign as owner. Orton screwed Benoit over with an assault before the match to try and get himself noticed. The next week, Chris Benoit defeated Randy Orton in the United States title tournament. Randy Orton would then screw Chris Benoit over in the semi finals against Stevie Richards. The attacks between both men continued over the next few weeks. Benoit challenged Orton and eventually it was accepted but to stop any interference as well as illegal assaults, the match was made a falls count anywhere match.

IPB Image

Eugene and Mark Hendry have been a dominating tag team on Raw, capturing the tag titles from Kane and The Big Show. They defended them several times but during singles matches on the same night, Tomko and Cena defeated them. They where then paired as a tag team and once again picked up victory in a non-title match. Mark Hendry took it upon himself to brainwash Eugene into thinking Cena and Tomko attacked him, after Hendry has done it himself. The feud grew from their and escalated to a match made for Wrestlemania.

IPB Image

Kid Romeo made his debut with an assault on William Regal. It was unclear why he did it for a while. Kid Romeo went on to explain that he disliked Regal because he had done it all but never held the top prize and because of that, Kid Romeo was going to use him as a stepping stone to what Regal never had. Romeo and Regal both entered the match for the Red Bull title and where the final 2 in the match but with some cheating from Romeo, he picked up victory. The feud would continue until a confrontation led to Kid Romeo putting his title on the line against Regal to prove that he is a superior wrestler.

Wrestlemania

Wrestlemania comes on the air with some major pyro and the deafening sound of the thousands upon thousands of fans in attendance. We are quick to head to the announce table where we join Jim Ross and Michael Cole.

[Jim Ross] - Welcome one and all to the grandest stage of them all, we are sold out here tonight as we bring you the 22nd annual Wrestlemania! I’m Jim Ross from Raw alongside Michael Cole from Smackdown.

[Michael Cole] - It is fantastic to be here tonight JR, can you feel the electricity and excitement in the air tonight. It’s almost unreal.

[Jim Ross] - Wrestlemania is the highlight of the wrestling industry and the one show that everybody wants to see, participate at and witness. Tonight we have lots of great matches, titles will be on the line and scores will be settled on the grandest stage of them all.

[Michael Cole] - 4 matches from Raw and 5 from Smackdown as well as a 15 man battle royal which from what I hear has been made an inter promotional match. 7 guys from Raw, 7 guys from Smackdown and a mystery entrant and that will be a hot match.

[Jim Ross] - Both tag team titles will be defended tonight, Eugene and Mark Hendry defend against Tyson Tomko and John Cena whilst Ron Killings & Sonny Siaki defend against Booker T & The Undertaker.

[Michael Cole] - We have two heart stopping matches tonight too, Randy Orton versus Chris Benoit in a falls count anywhere match then we have Chris Jericho versus Kurt Angle in a 20 minute iron man match, outstanding.

[Jim Ross] - The Intercontinental and United States titles will be defended. Tajiri defends against Gene Snitsky whilst we have a fatal 4 way ladder match for the US title, Christian defends against Buff Bagwell, Test and Stevie Richards.

[Michael Cole] - The Red Bull title is on the line, Kid Romeo defending against William Regal. Mick Foley defends the WWE Heavyweight Title against Edge.

[Jim Ross] - Then we have the main event, Triple H won the royal rumble but due to his recent injury, is unable to challenge for the title but the World Title will be on the line as Batista defends against Sean O’Haire in a no holds barred match.

[Michael Cole] - And if ever there was a place to win your match and make a mark, it is right here, tonight at Wrestlemania! Before we get started, let’s take a look back at past Wrestlemania main events.

‘In Time’s Gone By’

A video begins to play which shows the history of Wrestlemania and most importantly the main event.

At the very first Wrestlemania it was Hulk Hogan and Mr T that defeated Rowdy Roddy Piper and Paul Orndorff in tag team action.

At Wrestlemania 2, Hulk Hogan made his appearance in the main event to defeat King Kong Bundy in a steal cage match that was refereed by Robert Conrad.

Wrestlemania 3 left the world standing in awe as Hulk Hogan body slammed Andre The Giant and get the win.

Wrestlemania 4 - The vacant WWF World Title was decided in a match between Randy Savage and Ted Dibiase, Randy Savage picked up the victory.

Wrestlemania 5 - Hulk Hogan main events his 4th Wrestlemania and this time defeats Randy Savage to win the WWF World Title.

Wrestlemania 6 - Hulk Hogan made his 5th main event appearance but this time was the one who lost, this time to Ultimate Warrior.

Wrestlemania 7 - That’s right, Hulk Hogan again and this time he defeated Sergeant Slaughter.

Wrestlemania 8 - Hulk Hogan is all the rage as he competes in another Wrestlemania, this time picking up the win against Sid Justice.

Wrestlemania 9 - Hulk Hogan defeats Yokozuna to capture the WWF World Title.

Wrestlemania 10 - What no Hulk Hogan? Bret Hart successfully defeated Yokozuna to win the WWF World Title.

Wrestlemania 11 - Despite having not been the official main event, The World Title was defended in a match between Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash.

Wrestlemania 12 - Shawn Michaels came out on top after a 60 minute iron man match against Bret Hart to win the WWF World Title.

Wrestlemania 13 - The Undertaker defeated Sid to win the WWF World Title.

Wrestlemania 14 - Stone Cold defeated Shawn Michaels for the WWF World Title.

Wrestlemania 15 - Stone Cold defeated The Rock to win the WWF World Title

Wrestlemania 16 - In a fatal 4 way elimination match, Triple H outlasted The Big Show, Mick Foley and The Rock to retain the WWF Heavyweight Title.

Wrestlemania 17 - Stone Cold defeated The Rock to win the WWF Heavyweight Title

Wrestlemania 18 - Triple H defeated Chris Jericho to win the Undisputed Heavyweight Title.

Wrestlemania 19 - Brock Lesnar defeated Kurt Angle to retain his WWE Heavyweight Title

Wrestlemania 20 - Chris Benoit defeated Triple H and Shawn Michaels in a triple threat match to win the World Heavyweight Title.

Wrestlemania 21 - Batista defeated Triple H to win the World Heavyweight Title.

The video then comes to an end and we are left in wonder as to who will be the one that makes Wrestlemania history here tonight, Batista or Sean O’Haire?

Rating: 100%

‘Kid Romeo vs. William Regal’

‘Singles Match’

‘Red Bull Title’

William Regal’s music begins to play and the man from Blackpool, England makes his entrance to the ring getting some good crowd pops. William Regal enters the ring and waves at the fans. Team Charisma’s music then plays and it takes a moment before the Red Bull Champion, Kid Romeo appears to some decent heat. Kid Romeo makes his way down to the ring, climbs onto the ring apron and then jumps the top rope. He looks cockily at William Regal before jumping to the 2nd turnbuckle and raising his title in the air. The referee calls for the bell and Wrestlemania gets officially underway. Romeo and Regal scout each other for a moment and then tie it up. William Regal puts Kid Romeo in a headlock and keeps him in position. Romeo with some shots to the kidneys manages to loosen the grip. Romeo sends Regal into the ropes; Regal comes back and hits a shoulder block. Kid Romeo is quick to get back to his feet and pushes William Regal in anger. William Regal levels Kid Romeo with some left hands. William Regal beats Kid Romeo into the corner. Regal continues to pound on Kid Romeo with left hands and then a few European uppercuts. William Regal sends Kid Romeo across the ring and charges in but Kid Romeo runs at Regal hitting a crossbody block for the 2 count. Kid Romeo with some punches of his own to Regal before sending him into the ropes. Regal ducks a clothesline and hits a knee to the gut followed by a hiptoss and then a second hiptoss. William Regal staggers Kid Romeo with a European uppercut and a short arm clothesline for the 2 count. William Regal gets another 2 count and then a third 2 count. William Regal pulls Kid Romeo to his feet and sets him for the butterfly powerbomb but Kid Romeo reverses in mid air into a modified huricanranna into a pinfall for the 2 count. Kid Romeo ducks a clothesline from Regal and hits a knee to the gut followed by a uppercut. Kid Romeo hits a snapmare on William Regal and then dropkicks him in the back. Kid Romeo hits a knee drop for the 2 count.

Kid Romeo stomps William Regal as he gets to his feet. Romeo with some punches to the head of Regal keeps the advantage. William Regal reverses an Irish whip but Kid Romeo blocks a back body drop attempt and hits a DDT for the 2 count. Kid Romeo climbs the turnbuckle. Romeo waits on Regal to get to his feet and hits a crossbody for the 2 count. Kid Romeo pounds Regal on the canvas with repeated punches. Kid Romeo takes William Regal into the corner and stomps a mud hole in him. Kid Romeo chokes out Regal with a boot in the throat. Romeo and the referee are having words. William Regal rolls up Kid Romeo ….1….2…. No! So close! William Regal backdrops Kid Romeo over the top rope but he lands on the ring apron. Romeo hotshots William Regal across the top rope staggering the challenger. Kid Romeo comes off the top with a missile dropkick but Regal just moved out of the way.

William Regal has Kid Romeo in The Regal Stretch and it looks like it could be over here. Romeo is struggling and can’t reach the ropes. Romeo manages to rake the eyes of Regal and escapes the hold. Both men fight to their feet. Romeo ducks a lariat and attempts a back suplex but it is blocked by Regal who hits a back elbow to the side of the head. William Regal hits a back suplex on Kid Romeo for the 2 count. William Regal is looking set to finish it now as he sets Kid Romeo for the butterfly powerbomb and he hits it. Regal goes to make the cover but Kid Romeo with a last gasp of energy gets William Regal in a small package ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match and still Red Bull Champion, Kid Romeo!

Rating: 81.3%

Edited by zcotty2hottie

‘Edge w/Lita vs. Mick Foley’

‘WWE Heavyweight Title’

‘Singles Match’

Edge’s music hits and Edge along with Lita make their entrance to the ring getting some good heat from the fans. Mick Foley’s music then plays and The WWE Champion appears out dressed as Cactus Jack and gets some great crowd pops. Mick Foley makes his way down to the ring and poses to the fans. The referee starts the match. Edge talks some trash to Mick Foley. It looks like they are going to tie up but Edge attempts to hits Foley with a lariat. Foley ducks and hits a kick to the gut followed by some punches. Foley sends Edge into the ropes and attempts a back body drop but gets kicked in the chest and taken down with a clothesline and a second clothesline followed by a dropkick which sends the champion from the ring. Edge distracts the referee as Lita stomps Foley a few times. Edge goes to the outside and pulls Cactus to his feet. Foley reverses an Irish whip and Edge hits the barricade. Mick Foley charges but gets back body dropped over the barricade onto the concrete. Edge climbs over the barricade and pulls Cactus to his feet before suplexing him groin first onto the barricade. Edge hits a dropkick sending Foley back to ringside. Edge throws Cactus into the ring and climbs the turnbuckle. Cactus slowly gets to his feet. Edge comes off the top with a missile dropkick for the 2 count. Edge pounds away at Cactus with punches to the face. The referee and Edge are having words. Lita slides a steal chair into the ring before distracting the referee.

Edge waits on Foley to get to his feet. Foley ducks the chair shot and the referee gets nailed in the back. Mick Foley kicks Edge in the gut and he drops the chair. Foley hits a ddt on the steel chair. Foley throws the chair from the ring and makes the cover but the referee is out cold. Lita gets into the ring with the chair. Lita hits Foley with the chair but it barely has any impact. Foley gets to his feet. Lita tries again but Cactus catches the chair. Cactus looks ready to hit Lita with the chair but Edge hits a low blow. Edge nails Foley with the chair. Foley drops to his knees and gets repeatedly hit in the back with the chair. Lita is taking a table from under the ring and she sends it under the ropes into the ring. Edge sets up the table and pulls Foley to his feet. Edge puts Foley on the table and climbs the turnbuckle. Edge puts Foley through the table with a frog splash. Edge is throwing bits of the table from the ring.

Edge brings the referee around and then covers Mick Foley. The referee is counting slowly ….1….2…. No! Foley got his hand on the rope. Edge pulls his hand away ….1….2…. No! Foley kicked out. ….1….2…. No! Foley kicked out a third time. Edge can’t believe it. Edge is setting Foley up for the spear. Foley pulls himself up his feet. Edge charges in but Foley side steps and Edge spears the ring post. Mick Foley beats over Edge with clubbing blows to the back. Foley sends Edge into the ring post a second time. Mick Foley pulls Mr Socko out. Mick Foley applies the Mandible Claw on Edge. Edge is refusing to tap but appears to be passing out. Lita gets into the ring to try and save her man but Foley puts The Mandible Claw on her. Edge spears Foley and then starts to angrily punch Foley without any remorse. The referee can’t control Edge and calls for the bell.

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match by disqualification and still WWE Heavyweight Champion, Cactus Jack!

Rating: 80%

The Official Wrestlemania 22 Report

Wrestlemania has been a tradition since its first encounter back in the 1980’s and today it is just as great as ever and Wrestlemania 22 is no exception to this. With 10 matches and 7 titles on the line it was sure to be a thrilling event.

Just having Raw and Smackdown share a pay per view was hot enough but to have a match that would see 7 superstars from each show fight it out for the chance to make an impact on their career and be remembered in Wrestlemania history. The match certainly did not disappoint us but it wasn’t until Kane and The Big Show made their entrance that things really got hot in that ring which led us to the return of The Rock. The arena roof almost came off and to top that when The Rock and Diamond Dallas Page stood in the ring face to face, the WWE peoples champion face to face with the WCW peoples champion it was obvious that no matter who won it, the fans would be happy. The interference from John Bradshaw Layfield to cost DDP the match really got JBL some heat and helped give The Rock the win.

The Red Bull title, which draws in sponsorship money each time Kid Romeo appears, was on the line in a match that proved to be a good opening for the show and a sign of things to come. Just as it looked like William Regal would pull off the win, Kid Romeo fairly picked up victory with a small package. Both men impressed us in this match and the feud has certainly helped Kid Romeo’s career.

The World Tag Team Champions, Eugene and Mark Hendry, although not a greatly over team faced off with John Cena and Tyson Tomko. Cena may have been the only interest in this match had it not been for the build up. It was a fairly decent match too but the ending may point to the feud between the teams not being over.

Clearly the match of the night, Chris Benoit versus Randy Orton in a falls count anywhere match pulled off the biggest pops of the night. The feud which has been going since the very first Smackdown under the reign of Shane McMahon had lots of time to boil over and get the fans deeper into the feud. Then both men gave it their all in a match that had no titles and no real gain for the winner except the fact that they had overcome their enemy. Chris Benoit risked it all to hit the diving headbutt from atop the ambulance which won him the match. However EMT was forced to arrive and both men where escorted to the nearby hospital for treatment.

The Undertaker would have a difficult night ahead of him; he would be putting his Wrestlemania streak on the line in a match that he wouldn’t need to be pinned to loose. Teaming with Booker T to challenge Ron Killings and Sonny Siaki for the WWE Tag Team Titles, Taker had his work cut out. They may have dominated the feud but it looked like the champions would prevail when Booker T suffered the scissors kick but Undertaker just managed to make the save in time. Undertaker would destroy Sonny Siaki in the ring but Ron Killings looked to finish off Taker when Booker T out of nowhere scored with The Book End to win the match and the WWE Tag Team Titles.

Gene Snitsky challenged Tajiri for the Intercontinental title in a match that was the worst of the night but considering how well the other matches had done, this was no insult. Tajiri had most of the skill but Gene Snitsky was slightly more over and together combined with the relative shortness of the match, they managed to pull of a good match and give Gene Snitsky his first title run in the W.W.E.

When Christian versus Stevie Richards for the United States title was announced it was expect to be a decent match but after Test and Buff Bagwell where added, it became hotter. It was later made into a ladder match to add more heat to the fryer but after Test and Christian stopped seeing eye to eye, it became really interesting and at one point it appeared that Test would win the United States title but in the end he showed his loyalty to Team Charisma and too Christian by helping Christian to retrieve the title. Although the match was not as good as many thought it would be, it defiantly will be a remembered match.

It is always like to be a classic when Chris Jericho takes on Kurt Angle but to have them face off for 20 minutes in an iron man match easily makes for a fantastic match. They didn’t need much build up on this feud because both men are highly skilled and well over with the fans. Chris Jericho dominated the early part of the match after a shot with a steel chair but found himself unable to get a point over Angle for just under 15 minutes. Jericho would then pick up another victory and with 4 minutes on the clock it was considered to be Jericho’s match but Kurt made a comeback to tie the score level at 2 each with just over 2 minutes remaining but it didn’t last long as Jericho pulled a victory back after a failed Moonsault. Now with just over 1 minute remaining Jericho had won it but surprisingly Kurt made a comeback again and went on to win by 4 falls to 3 with his last fall coming just 5 seconds before the bell. Truly a great match and second best of the night.

Edge had lost the WWE Title to Cena at the Royal Rumble; Cena had then lost the WWE Title to Mick Foley 2 weeks later. Edge would challenge for the title again, this time against Mick Foley at Wrestlemania. The match saw the referee taken out of action and Jericho dominated the champion with all sorts of weapons but Foley made a comeback and had Edge in the mandible claw before Lita interfered. Lita then found herself in the mandible claw; Edge lost his temper and lost the match by disqualification. The referee and security suffered the consequences in the end.

To end off what had already been a thrilling Wrestlemania, Sean O’Haire would challenge Batista for the World Heavyweight title. These 2 men had never met one on one until this night and they gave it their all in a 20 minute long match that eventually saw Sean O’Haire capture his first World Title. Both men had kicked out of several finishers and taken many shots with the weapons that where all legal in the match but Sean O’Haire’s Prophecy to Batista on a trash can picked up a huge victory for The Maniacal One.

Wrestlemania 22 Match Rating Run-Down

1 - Chris Benoit defeated Randy Orton in a Falls Count Anywhere Match - 93%

2 - Kurt Angle defeated Chris Jericho in a 20 minute iron man match - 91.3%

3 - Booker T & Undertaker defeated Ron Killings & Sonny Siaki for the WWE Tag Titles - 82.3%

4 - Sean O’Haire defeated Batista for the World Heavyweight Title in a No Holds Barred Match - 82.2%

5 - Christian defeated Test, Buff Bagwell & Stevie Richards in a fatal 4 way ladder match for the United States title - 81.6%

6 - Kid Romeo retained the Red Bull title against William Regal - 81.3%

7 - Mick Foley defeated Edge to retain the WWE Heavyweight Title - 80%

8 - Eugene & Mark Hendry retained the World Tag Titles against Cena & Tomko - 79.8%

9 - The Rock won an inter-promotional invitational battle royal - 79.3%

10 - Gene Snitsky defeated Tajiri for the Intercontinental Title - 74.1%

Smackdown

Wrestlemania may be over but we are sure to feel the aftermath of that fantastic event as Smackdown heads to New York. We know that Chris Benoit and Randy Orton are out of action for the time being due to their match at Wrestlemania which stole the show. Also Batista will not be in attendance this week due to receiving The Prophecy on a trash can during his match with Sean O’Haire.

Kid Romeo’s interference in the United States title match at Wrestlemania has led him to face Buff Bagwell on Smackdown this week but luckily for Romeo the title will not be on the line but someone will be keeping a close eye on this match to be sure.

We will see a match to determine number 1 contenders for the WWE Tag Team Titles. MNM face off with Rey Mysterio and Chavo Guerrero.

Diamond Dallas Page made his return from injury at Wrestlemania and came close to winning the battle royal but interference from JBL cost him the match. Let’s not forget he is part of the reason that DDP was on the shelf and that Kanyon is now. The other part of the reason is Rhyno and DDP will face off with him this week on Smackdown.

Plus William Regal and Paul Burchill will pair off against Team Charisma members, Test and the United States champion, Christian.

The main event has been scheduled for Sean O’Haire versus Stevie Richards. Can the new World Champion make an impact on this week’s show?

The man who won the battle royal at Wrestlemania, The Rock shall be in attendance this week and it will be announced which title he challenges for. Will it be for the World Title held by Sean O’Haire or maybe Shane will send The Rock after Christian’s United States title, with just 5 matches left to wrestle, time is running out for Shane to get the gold away from Christian. Tune in to Smackdown to find out what is going down.

Smackdown

[Michael Cole] - Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Smackdown with me Michael Cole and my broadcast partner Tazz. Wrestlemania has been and gone but it will never be forgotten.

[Tazz] - It sure won’t Cole. It was a huge event and we got everything we expected from it and more. It was everything you could ever want from a pay per view and tonight I expect to feel the aftermath of that great event.

[Michael Cole] - Kid Romeo and Christian managed to defend their titles but we have new tag team champions in Booker T and The Undertaker plus we have a brand new World Heavyweight Champion.

[Tazz] - We are also down 2 superstars in Chris Benoit and Randy Orton but we have some huge news, The Rock is back baby and he is going to challenge for a title of Shane O’Mac’s choice.

[Michael Cole] - That was a Wrestlemania moment to be sure, when DDP and The Rock stood face to face in that ring, I thought the building was going to come down around us it was so electrifying. DDP will be in action later tonight against Rhyno.

[Tazz] - Plus Chavo & Rey Mysterio versus MNM in a number 1 contenders match for the WWE Tag Team Titles. William Regal and Paul Burchill are up against Test and Christian in tag team action and the main event tonight will see Sean O’Haire facing Stevie Richards.

[Michael Cole] - But our first match tonight is the result of what happened during the United States title match. Kid Romeo interfered and hit Stevie Richards with the Red Bull title, Buff Bagwell then hit the blockbuster to Kid Romeo and so those 2 men face off in just a few moments time.

‘The Real Romeo’

Buff Bagwell’s music plays and Buff “Daddy” Bagwell makes his entrance to the ring getting some good crowd pops. Buff makes his way down to the ring and after many minutes of posing takes a microphone from the ring announcer.

[buff Bagwell] - What’s up New York? You all saw Wrestlemania right? Well Buff Daddy did compete in the match for the United States title and sadly he didn’t walk out with the title, I’m not a bitter man, I did my best, Stevie Richards did his best but as for Test and the champion, they are very questionable. Did they really have a fall out or was it all a plan? Either way it doesn’t matter because as of tonight, I am no longer caring about Christian or Test, I am more concerned about a certain superstar by the name of Kid Romeo. At Wrestlemania, Kid Romeo got involved in our match to lay out Stevie Richards with the Red Bull title and being another participant in that match, I took it upon myself to teach the Red Bull champion a lesson.

A short video rolls which shows Buff Bagwell hitting the blockbuster on Kid Romeo.

[buff Bagwell] - Kid Romeo you put your nose where it wasn’t wanted and I slapped it off but tonight i will do more than that. I will admit you did impress me in your match against William Regal but you did get lucky in the end. Tonight when you step into the ring against Buff the Stuff, you won’t be so lucky because all the ladies know that I am the real Romeo around here.

Buff gets a pop for that comment and then throws the microphone to the ring announcer.

Rating: 81.2%

‘Buff Bagwell vs. Kid Romeo©’

‘Singles Match’

Team Charisma’s music hits and it takes a few moments before Kid Romeo appears to some decent heat from the fans. The Red Bull champion makes his way down to the ring where he eventually comes face to face with Buff and poses him down. Kid Romeo laughs in the face of Buff before receiving a slap from Bagwell. Romeo pushes Bagwell. Bagwell knees Romeo in the gut and hits a hiptoss. Romeo gets taken down with a clothesline and then a second clothesline. Buff sends Kid Romeo into the ropes and hits a back body drop. Kid Romeo gets clotheslined over the top rope to the outside. Buff is now posing himself and gets some pops. Bagwell goes to the outside of the ring. Romeo rakes the eyes of Bagwell and then sends him into the ring post. Kid Romeo bounces Bagwell’s head off the ring apron before sending him back under the ropes. Kid Romeo climbs onto the ring apron and then onto the turnbuckle. Romeo hits a crossbody on Bagwell for the 2 count. Kid Romeo repeatedly punches Buff Bagwell. Romeo sends Bagwell into the ropes; Bagwell ducks a clothesline but gets caught in a sleeper. Kid Romeo brings Bagwell to the canvas but he fights back to his feet quickly and fights his way out of the hold. Bagwell sends Romeo into the ropes and hits a knee to the gut. Kid Romeo blocks the Kobayshi DDT and low blows Buff. The referee is having words with Romeo but he pushes the referee to the canvas. The referee calls for the bell.

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match by disqualification, Buff Bagwell!

Rating: 63.2%

Velocity

4 matches have been booked for Velocity this week.

Last week on Velocity, Mark Shade defeated and then assaulted Lash Leroux in an attempt to get himself some attention but can he do the same this week as he faces Paul Burchill?

Hardcore Holly will face off with John Bradshaw Layfield. Rhyno will not be fair away to be sure.

Billy Kidman and Paul London will face each other 1 on 1.

And to top of the show, we will see a triple threat match between Matt Hardy, Juventud Guerrera and Nunzio.

Velocity

Velocity comes on the air and we join our hosts of the Saturday night show, Josh Matthews and Al Snow. The arena isn't packed but there seems to be quite a lot of fans in attendance and of course the atmosphere is fantastic with less than a day until Wrestlemania.

[Josh Matthews] - Hello Smackdown fans, this is Velocity, I'm Josh Matthews alongside my broadcast partner, Al Snow. We all saw what went down at Wrestlemania and in my opinion, it is the best one ever but our next Pay Per View will be Back Into Your System live on April 30th.

[Al Snow] - If the matches at Back Into Your System are anything like the matches we saw at Wrestlemania, then it could be the biggest event ever outside of Wrestlemania.

[Josh Matthews] - The aftermath from Wrestlemania which took place on Smackdown was huge and we now know that next week on Smackdown, Sean O’Haire will defend the World title against Batista in a Wrestlemania rematch. Now only that but The Rock faces Christian and if he comes out on top then he will challenge for the World Title at Back Into Your System.

[Al Snow] - That will be big but let’s not talk about Smackdown, let’s talk about Velocity and what action we are going to see here tonight.

[Josh Matthews] - Tonight we will see Hardcore Holly against John Bradshaw Layfield, Billy Kidman versus Paul London and our main event will be a triple threat match between Nunzio, Matt Hardy and Juventud Guerrera. However to kick us off tonight Paul Burchill goes up against Mark Shade.

[Al Snow] - Last week on Velocity, Mark Shade defeated Lash Leroux and then assaulted him in attempts to try and get himself some attention. Leroux suffered some minor injuries as a result but will the same thing happen here tonight? Let’s find out.

‘Mark Shade vs. Paul Burchill’

‘Singles Match’

Mark Shade makes his way down to the ring first getting some heat from the fans. Paul Burchill then makes his entrance getting some decent crowd pops. Burchill is about to enter the ring when Kid Romeo attacks from behind. Kid Romeo sends Paul Burchill into the ring steps. Mark Shade and Kid Romeo are beating on Burchill at ringside. Burchill gets sent into the barricade. Kid Romeo charges, Burchill scores with a clothesline. Mark Shade boots Burchill in the gut and sends him into the ring. Mark Shade knees Burchill in the gut and sends him into the ropes. Burchill ducks a clothesline and spins Mark Shade around before delivering The C4! Paul Burchill makes the cover ….1….2….3!

[Ring Announcer] - The winner of this match, Paul Burchill!

Rating: 54.9%

Smackdown

The fall out from Wrestlemania last week was awesome and this week we look towards the future and our next Pay Per View on the 30th of April which is called Back Into Your System. Raw’s Backlash Pay Per View is set to take place the weekend after that.

It was last week that The Rock made his first appearance on Smackdown in a few years and it was announced that he would face Christian this week on Smackdown. If The Rock wins then he will go on to challenge the World Champion at Back Into You System but if Christian wins then Christian will be defending The United States title against The Rock at the Pay Per View. Christian is certainly in a tough spot here and there is no doubt that Shane McMahon had this planned.

On Velocity JBL challenged DDP to an elimination tornado tag team match where DDP who have to find a partner to take on Rhyno and JBL. Chris Kanyon who is still on the shelf will not be the partner obviously but who will DDP find to take on this tough duo?

Paul Burchill was screwed over by Kid Romeo last week on Smackdown and almost again on Velocity but he managed to fight off the attack and defeat Mark Shade in less than 10 seconds. Burchill will have a tougher task this week though as he takes on Team Charisma member Test. Kid Romeo will certainly not be far away.

Plus Chavo and Rey Mysterio are officially the number 1 contenders for the WWE Tag Team titles held by Booker T and The Undertaker. Rey Mysterio will meet Booker T one on one this week.

Last week Batista was told he would get his Wrestlemania rematch this week wither he was fit or not. Sean O’Haire defeated Stevie Richards last week and so neither man is completely healed from their barbaric match at Wrestlemania but expect fists to fly in this match. Remember that if Sean O’Haire gets himself counted out or even disqualified, he is going to loose the title due to a rule set down by Shane O’Mac.

This is certainly going to be a most see edition of Smackdown with so much top action, make sure you tune in.