Xero Gravity Wrestling

Xero Gravity

IPB Image

In Depth Interview With The Man Behind XGW

Several hours before XGW was set to run it's one year anniversary show, I got a chance to sit down with James Tyrell, one of the two men responisble for bringing XGW to life back in January 2005. Even with the hectic schedule surrounding the night's event, he still had time to sit down and answer all of my questions...

WA: So it's been a year now, and Xero Gravity Wrestling is still alive and kicking. Did you ever think that it wouldn't make it to this milestone?

JT: Oh yeah, there were many sleepless nights in the beginning. Max and I spent weeks planning everything out to the last detail, and more than once we asked each other if we thought this was a good idea. Neither of us had experience actually running a promotion, but we each shared a passion to make it work no matter what.

WA: Speaking of Max, he came in from nowhere and threw himself into the wrestling game. Care to shed any light on who he actually is?

JT: Well he'll probably kill me for saying this, but he's just your run of the mill businessman. You've got guys like Bill Gates sitting on billions of dollars, well Max is kinda like a mini Gates. If you talk to him backstage you'd never realise he's amassed a small fortune as he's so humble and soft spoken. I was lucky to meet him actually, as we were both looking for someone to start up a wrestling promotion and both were taken by the other's apparent desire to get it done.

WA: Have the two of you ever clashed over creative differences in the past year?

JT: Of course, it's only natural for people to have different opinions from time to time. For the most part though, Max just leaves the creative side to me and the other bookers only occasionally offering an idea or two. After all, you watch wrestling for as long as we have and you tend to come up with your own angles and storylines.

WA: You said "other bookers"?

JT: Yeah, just like many other promotions we've got a few of the roster as part of a team. God knows I'd have burnt out long ago if it was just me. Since about the second or third show I've had Ace and Dean to bounce ideas off and vice versa. There's also a fourth guy, but for secrecy's sake I can't tell you who he is until he actually debuts in a month or two.

WA: Oh come on, you can't say something like that and not expect us to ask for a clue.

JT: Hahaha...ok then, let's just say he's the biggest aquisition we've had to date. We were fortunate he wasn't happy with his current employer and was looking to revitalise his career.

WA: Any idea on when he's going to debut?

JT: I wouldn't say for another month or two, until then he's going to be a backstage entity only.

WA: Is he the only new face you'll be bringing in this year?

JT: Far from it as a matter of fact. 2005 was a great year for us, and we'd love nothing more than to make 2006 even better. We've been looking around for people who will ultimately help make the product more exciting, and we believe we've found some people to do just that. I know there's been a lot of talk over how our promotion is quite...unique...in the fact that we have a diverse roster. I mean who expected to see The Berzerker in a wrestling promotion in 2006?

WA: I know I didn't...

JT: Exactly, and that's what we're trying to achieve. We want to make ourselves stand out from the crowd. You've got TNA putting on a great sports entertainment product on a much smaller scale that the supposed "leader" in wrestling, and you've got ROH putting on amazing show after amazing show. Until we mature enough to try and raise to their level, the best we can do is draw people in with our unique appeal. We've got outlandish gimmicks, talented wrestlers, and a soon to be established womens division...and by that I don't mean just parading them up and down in practically no clothes. I'm talking women with talent, including the few who were cut from the WWE and actually spent time training instead of throwing them into the ring from the start. Believe me, there is no one that we wouldn't consider welcoming into our family if we felt that they could serve a purpose. For example I recently met with Leon White about coming in not only in a backstage capacity, but possibly in the ring as well.

WA: Leon White, known to most people as Vader?

JT: Yeah, that's right. The last time he was seen on tv in the wwe, he didn't make the most memorable of appearance. Most people haven't seen him since the, but he's changed quite a bit. He's down to at least 380lbs dropping at least 70lbs, and he feels in the best shape of his life.

WA: So an in ring return is likely?

JT: Well that's up to him really, if he does we have a highly recognisable face to promote. If not, we still have the wealth of knolwedge and experience he has to help out younger stars improve. All I know is he's determined to not have his last moment on tv be him falling off the apron in front of millions of people.

WA: Earlier in the month Max made mention of a change in the way Body Count is to be ran. Any more info available on that?

JT: Well he did want to wait until after Ascendancy II was done, but this won't be up before then right?

WA: I wouldn't think so, it'll probably be up the day afterwards.

JT: Ah, well that's ok then...simply put, the speculation was true. Starting with the first show of February, Body Count will be ran like a more traditional wrestling show. While the recap format helped people not attending the shows to see what happened, we feel running weekly shows would be more beneficial in the long run. Fans can watch storylines unfold on the website, and hopefully enjoy them enough to try and make the trip to the Gravity Bar at the end of the month.

WA: It seems like a big risk to be taking.

JT: You're right...but we made sure to get the guys together and talk to them before taking the idea any further. Basically we allowed anyone who didn't want to be part of this slightly tougher schedule to walk away and we wouldn't hold it against them. The fact that nobody got up and left just goes to show their determination to help XGW grow just as much as Max's and mine.

WA: Well I think I've taken a lot of your time already, so thanks for letting us at Wrestling Addicts pick your brain.

JT: No problem at all, and for everyone interested XeroGwrestling.com should start to be updated a lot more now, starting in a few days with a preview of what to expect on the first edition of the new Body Count!

Edited by Xero Gravity

IPB Image

Last Sunday Xero Gravity Wrestling celebrated it's one year anniversary with Ascendancy II. The one thousand fans in attendance saw the crowning of the first ever Junior Heavyweight champion, The 7th Circle retain both their titles along with gaining a new member, and Ace Steel finally make his return to the promotion to get even with Seven. Now XGW finds itself in a new era as the first ever edition of the NEW Body Count comes to you this Tuesday evening right here on XeroGwrestling.com! Already signed for the show, Bobby Roode will make his Body Count debut as he faces Air Paris, Shannon Moore will go one on one with Gabriel ahead of their tag title match at Living in Sin, and Insane Dragon will make his first defense of the Junior Heavyweight title as he takes on Seth Delay. Along with these signed matches, the rest of the XGW will be in the house, so who knows what will happen!

Confirmed Matches

Bobby Roode Vs Air Paris

Shannon Moore Vs Gabriel

Insane Dragon© Vs Seth Delay (XGW Junior Heavyweight Title Match)

Edited by Xero Gravity

IPB Image

IPB Image

After the parental advisory logo flashes up, the intro video kicks in with "Nobody's Real" by Powerman 5000.

Alright

A series of slow begin focusing mainly on Seven, Ace Steel, and Ryan Sakoda along with several other stars flashing up momentarily

Scary monsters and super peeps

The more you dream the less you sleep

Life as you know it has gone away

Unbound, unwound, who's here to stay (away)

As the song progresses it kicks up a notch showing fast paced clips of various matches throughout the year. Birchall's debut is shown, tearing through Iceberg like he was nothing. A brief flurry of aerial moves takes over featuring guys like Insane Dragon, Air Paris, and Shannon Moore.

Nobody's real but they're willing to let you know

Nobody's real but they'll feel it tonight (feel it tonight)

Nobody's real but they're willing to let you go

Nobody's real but they'll feel it

It then cuts to the main event of Baptized In Blood, and shows several slow motion shots of Steven Richards superkicking Ace Steel. The smile on Seven's face as he stands over Steel with the belt remains on screen for several seconds...

Nobody's real

...and for the first time, we fade into Josh Matthews now situated behind a cloth covered table on an elevated portion of the stage area.

Matthews: Hello everyone, thank you for logging on and welcome to the first edition of the new look Body Count! I am as always Josh Matthews, and it is my pleasure to introduce my new partner making his XGW debut tonight...former leader of WCW's Natural Born Thrillers, Mike Sanders!

The newly aquired camera gets put to good use as it moves to the left of the table, following Sanders up the set of stairs. He shakes hands with Matthews before sitting down and placing on his headset.

Sanders: It's great to be here Josh, I've heard quite a bit about this place over the last year or so.

Matthews: As my partner gets himself comfortable, take a quick look at this evening's opening contest. After making an impressive debut at Ascendancy, Canadian superstar Bobby Roode looks set to remain undefeated as he takes on Air Paris coming off a failed attempt at capturing the XGW Junior Heavyweight title. Both Paris and his partner Seth Delay have been on quite the losing streak as of late, incapable of sustaining any form of long term success.

Sanders: No doubt Roode knows that just as much as they do. He's got the confidence and momentumn going into this one, but just think what an upset would do for Paris...

Bobby Roode Vs Air Paris

Paris knew exactly what a victory in this match would do for his floundering career, and took it straight to Roode from the opening bell. He was able to neutralize the size and strength of the Canadian during the opening several moments of the match by refusing to stay in one place for very long. Picking his shots carefully, and always looking to keep him off balance, Paris showed sparks of getting his confidence back. Catching Roode in the face with a spinning heel kick and knocking him to the ground proved to be his big chance. As Bobby was dazed on the canvas, Paris quickly scaled the ropes. Leaping off with a moonsault, his confidence came to a crashing halt as he met nothing but canvas. From there Roode made sure Paris never got a chance to mount a comeback. Taking him down with the same harsh offense he showed again The Berzerker, Bobby wore down Paris for several minutes without any form or resistance. This gave the Canadian time to gloat at how easy the match had become, which really started to rub the fans the wrong way. As they voiced their disapproval of his arrogant attitude, he quickly silenced them by dropping Paris on his head with a huge Fisherman's Buster! This proved to be enough as Paris lay motionless on the canvas long after the three count.

Bobby Roode def. Air Paris (7 mins) 64.7%

Now on the outside, Roode continues his breating of the fans for not respecting his obvious talent. Noticing Paris is now getting to his feet, he quickly returns to the ring and levels him with a huge Northern Lariat to the back of his head! Satisfied that his message has been sent, he leaves the ring and heads up the ramp with a confident smirk on his face.

Sanders: It may not be the most popular way of going about things, but Bobby Roode is surely sending a message to everyone that he's a guy they should take notice of.

Matthews: Regardless, there was absolutely no reason to attack Air Paris again. He won the damn match, that enough should make people aware of how good he is.

Sanders: It's all about standing out from the crowd. There are a lot of talented guys here in XGW, and competition to be noticed is fierce.

Matthews: You're right about that, there is a lot...

That Little Wanker!

Josh is cut off by the two stage screens behind him coming to life. Birchall is on a rampage in the back, being chased frantically by Dean Ayass.

Dean: Paul, WAIT!

Birchall refuses to pay any attention to his friend and manager as he kicks open every door he comes near, screaming for Evan Karagias to show himself.

Dean: Stop acting like a bloody idiot and calm down!

Getting in front of him, Ayass tries his best to stop Birchall from going any further.

Dean: Listen to me Paul, this isn't worth it! You know how crazy Americans are with suing people. You put one hand on that slimy little tosser and he'll go straight for a lawyer.

Birchall: He won't be able to, if he's DEAD!

Pushing Ayass out of the way, Birchall continues his search for Evan...

Birchall Hunts For Karagias (1 min) 32.8%

Hightailing It Again

Having obviously found out about Birchall being on the warpath, we're shown another part of the backstage area. In a similar fashion to Ascendancy II, Evan Karagias is showing running straight for the parking lot. He stumbles over a misplaced piece of unused equipment, but that only stops him fleeing momentarily. Quickly back on his feet he bursts through the exit to the parking lot and straight for his car. Just like Sunday his tires let out a shrill screech as he tears the car out of the lot and away from the club as fast as he can.

Evan Runs Away...Again (1 min) 52.9%

Unwelcomed Interruption

We're shown inside the hallway again as XGW commisioner Steven Richards is marching down the corridor with a pissed off look on his face. From through a door pops an unkown face...

????: Mr. Richards, do you have a minute?

Stopping abruptly, Steven stares down his bald, tattooed blockade.

Stevie: No...no I don't.

He tries to leave, but finds his path blocked once more.

????: Please, I really need to talk to you!

Stevie: I don't even know who the hell you are, and I've got more important things to be dealing with...like a pissed off Englishman trying to kill one of my wrestlers!

????: I know, but I'm supposed to be debuting tonight and I don't have an opponent.

Stevie: Like I said...I don't know who you are.

????: David...David Young.

Stevie: Ok...David, you want a match that bad you've got one. Right after Shannon Moore takes on Gabriel, go to the ring. Whoever decides to come out after you is your opponent, ok?

Young: Thank you Mr. Richards!

He holds out his hand looking to shake, but Stevie walks off in a hurry leaving him hanging as the screen fades on his slightly upset face.

David Young Gets His Debut Match (2 mins) 58.2%

Matthews: Well that was certainly an odd series of events...

Sanders: Hehe...you're not kidding! If you knew Birchall was hunting for you, would you stay in the same building?

Matthews: Of course not, I'd run faster than we just saw Evan going that's for sure! But what about that David Young guy?

Sanders: Ah yes, I know David back from when we were a part of S.E.X in TNA. The guy could defintely give Arn Anderson a run for his money as far as giving someone a Spinebuster is concerned. He's a surprisingly underrated guy, and I'm sure given a chance he can show people what he can really do in the ring.

Matthews: Well with that kind of endorsment, how can he fail? As the commissioner mentioned a few moments ago, or next match concerns Shannon Moore taking on Gabriel. Both men and their respective partners are scheduled to face each other at Living in Sin at the end of the month for the tag team titles. No doubt tonight is as good a chance as any to try and tip the balance and try to get an early advantage.

Sanders: I'd be surprised if that didn't happen...gold does things to wrestlers, sometimes uncharacteristic things. Shannon has never had a lot of success when it comes to championships in well known promotions, so winning the tag titles would be a huge achievement for him.

Matthews: You shouldn't forget Insane Dragon either...they win the tag titles and he becomes a double champion, which in reality could do more harm than good in my opinion.

Sanders: Are you saying Shannon would be jealous if his partner wore two titles?

Matthews: No...I...

Sanders: Ok then, I'll say it for you. March could be a very interesting month for the makeshift team if they can win the tag titles...everyone loves to see friends fall apart and become enemies!

Shannon Moore Vs Gabriel

Having a lot of experience with each other over the past year, many of the long term fans know what kind of match to expect from these two. It starts off with them trading a fast paced bout of cruiser style counters, but quickly sours as Gabriel tries to take advantage by cheating at every opportunity. Somehow Shannon manages to keep one step ahead and stop most of his cheap shortcuts. It comes as no surprise to anyone that a few minutes into the match, Azreal makes his way down to ringside. This makes Shannon very wary and allows Gabriel to take full advantage and really start to work over his neck. This continues for another minute or two until Insane Dragon makes his way down to the ring as well. Evening the sides up allows Moore to concentrate more on the match and get back to a level heading despite taking a lot of offense on his neck. Being thrown to the outside, Moore is open to an attack from Azreal. However Dragon makes sure he keeps his distance. What he doesn't see is Gabriel come up behind Shannon, and dropkick him forward! He collides heads with Dragon, who drops the the floor. Rolling Moore back into the ring, Gabriel adds insult to injury with a series of neckbreakers as Azreal keeps Dragon out of the picture by throwing him over the guardrail and into the crowd. Unable to sustain any more damage to his neck, Moore falls prey to an Angelic Redemption from Gabriel giving him the less than clean victory.

Gabriel def. Shannon Moore (10 mins} 67.2%

Azreal quickly joins Gabriel in the ring, and the tag champs continue to stomp away on Shannon's neck. As they're too caught up in their assault, neither spots Dragon grab a chair form the crowd and slide into the ring. Both Lost Boyz find themselves on the recieving end of a chair shot as they bail from the ring. Dragon looks down at Shannon, not realising it was Gabriel who caused Shannon to collide with him. Still with an uneasy look on his face, he finally helps his friend up to his feet.

Sanders: See that? The cracks are already starting to show, just think what it'll be like in a week or two!

Matthews: I hate to admit it, but you're right...Dragon and Shannon really need to sort themselves out before it's too late. We've seen one too many promising teams torn apart too early by jealousy and confusion.

Sanders: Either way we're guaranteed to get some great drama out of it before the climax.

Matthews: That's very thoughtful of you Mike, I'm sure they appreciate you trivialising their problems like that. But we have no time to dwell on that fans, as coming up right now should be David Young. As for his opponent, who knows? It's first come first served...could be Sakoda, could be Seven, it could even be Paul Birchall!

Sanders: For his sake I hope that's not the case...

Debut Match

David Young Vs ??????

David comes down to the ring to very little reaction thanks to it being his first time out in front of the Gravity Bar's crowd. Bouncing up and down on the spot once he's in the ring, he waits patiently for his opponent. His face turns into a pleased smile as he watches The Berzerker making his way down to the ring. Figuring he has no problems facing someone who is nothing more than comedy relief, Young motions for him to get into the ring. Berzerker obliges and Young is quick to attack as he's climbing through the ropes. Taking advantage of his jumping of the gun, Young's target from the start is evident. Several minutes of offense focused solely on Berzerker's lower back follow, ranging from boots, forearms, and a duet of impressive spinning backbreakers. During this, the crowd favourite does manage a brief comback but it's cut short as he tries to lift up Young only for his back to give out. David simply picks up where he left off, working on the back solidly for another minute or so. He finally signals for the Spinebuster, satisfied that Berzerker has been softened up enough. Whipping him across the ring, David is caught by surprise as Berzerker throws himself foward catching him across the neck with a flying clothesline! The fans are quick to get behind the viking as he follows this up with a Big Boot and a Leg Drop to complete the comeback and beat David Young!

The Berzerker def. David Young (8 mins) 54.9%

Berzerker celebrates his victory as Young comes to and immediately flips out over being beaten. Throwing a fit in the ring, he soon sets his sights on revenge. Spinning the still weak Berzerker around, he snaps him into the middle of the ring with a perfectly placed Spinebuster! The fans boo Young's blatant lack of sportsmanship as he continues to stomp around the ring, angry that he lost such a simple match.

Matthews: Can you say sore loser?

Sanders: Sore loser...what's your point?

Matthews: Are you telling me you condone what David Young just did?

Sanders: Of course...if it was me who lost to The Berzerker, I'd be pissed off too! This is 2006, not 1993 after all, and the Berzerker is what...80 years old?

Matthews: He's 46 actually, and despite being at least 13 years older he still beat David Young.

Sanders: Overconfidence...it's felled even the greatest of superstar. I guarantee you that if David faced him again, the outcome would be much different.

Uneasy Partnership

Josh and Mike are interrupted again as the screens show Ace Steel in the back, getting a cheer from the crowd. He walks a short distance down a corridor before stopping dead in his tracks.

Ace: What the hell are you doing here?

The camera spins around to show Ryan Sakoda, bandaged up standing outside Steven Richards' office.

Sakoda: That's none of your business, it's between me and Richards.

Ace: If you're thinking of trying to get another title shot, FORGET ABOUT IT! You've already had two, and lost both of them! Not to mention I bailed your ass out this past Sunday seeing as you couldn't handle it...

Sakoda: What did you just say?

Ace: Didn't I say it loud enough? I...SAVED...YOUR...ASS!

Sakoda takes off his glasses and tosses them to one side. Ace braces himself for an impending fight, but Stevie returns just in time to keep them apart.

Stevie: What the hell do you two think you're doing? It's bad enough I've got Birchall trying to kill Evan, I don't need this crap right now!

Ace: The only reason I came back was for what's rightfully mine...I want Seven at Living In Sin!

Sakoda: Bullshit! After what happened on Sunday, I deserve another shot!

Stevie: ENOUGH ALREADY! Ryan...face facts, Seven beat you cleanly at Ascendancy so you "deserve" nothing.

Ace smiles as Sakoda tries to control his anger.

Stevie: As for YOU...You walked out on XGW and caused me nothing but shit for over a month. Quite frankly you don't "deserve" anything either!

Now Sakoda is smiling, but Ace isn't as good at restraining himself and lunges for him. Stevie does his best to push back Ace, and keep Sakoda from taking a cheap shot.

Stevie: KNOCK THIS SHIT OFF NOW! I've had it up to here with people walking around demanding whatever they please! You two want a title match so much? Then prove it tonight...I'm putting the two of you in the main event...as partners!

Neither man looks pleased by the announcment.

Stevie: The two of you teaming together to face The Samoan Island Gangsters. If by some miracle you manage to work together, I'll consider giving you another chance. If you chose to disobey me and try to attack each other...well you can kiss the XGW title goodbye, as you'll NEVER get a shot at it again! Now get the hell out of my face before I suspend you both!

Thery both shoot each other a hateful glance before going their seperate ways. Stevie is left shaking his head in anger before going into the quiet solitude of his office.

Richards Lays Down The Law (5 mins) 58.6%

Waiting In The Wings

Instead of fading to black, a noise of a door slowly swinging open causes the camera to track down the source. Not too far away from the argument between Ace, Stevie, and Sakoda the door in question is found. Stepping out from the darkness of the room, XGW Heavyweight champion Seven appears with an evil smile on his face.

Seven Eavesdrops The Argument (1 min) 58.6%

Matthews: Ace Steel and Ryan Sakoda as PARTNERS tonight? I hope Stevie knows what he's doing...

Sanders: Not only that, but did you see the smile on Seven's face as he watched that entire scene first hand?

Matthews: With his two top challengers at each other's throats, I'm not surprised the champion has such a smile. But you have to wonder how Steel and Sakoda are going to coexist against The Gangsters.

Sanders: You're kidding right? If that argument is anything to go by, they've got no chance of working together without imploding...and I can't wait!

XGW Junior Heavyweight Title Match

Insane Dragon© Vs Seth Delay

Making his first defense of the Junior Heavyweight title, Insane Dragon finds himself up against Seth Delay. Much like his partner Air Paris, Delay knows how much a victory here tonight would help boost his flagging confidence. Both men make their way to the ring without their respective partners. Proving to be a much more spotty affair than the Gabriel/Moore match, Dragon wastes no time showing the crowd how he's considered one of the best high flyers on the independent scene. Delay on the other hands seems lost in the ring as he continues to take Dragon's moves without any real attempt to make it otherwise. Still, despite the vast array of gravity defying planchas, somersaults, and splashes that Dragon pulls off he still can't seem to keep Delay down for the three count. At one point he attempts a springboard 450 splash, but eats nothing but canvas. Just like that Delay springs to life like a shark smelling blood. While not as flashy as Dragon, Delay takes his turn to wow the crowd with a short spurt of high impact dives. Within a matter of minutes the match looks completely different and Seth is pulling further in front and nearing the winning post. He heads up to the top looking for the Delayed Reaction but Dragon manages to hit the top rope, crotching him on the top turnbuckle. In the memorable moment of the night, Dragon climbs onto the top rope and positions both delay and himself on the top rope. Leaping up onto his shoulders, Dragon flips backwards into the ring sending Delay crashing into the canvas with a huge top rope reverse hurricanrana! As the crowd chants "Holy Shit! Holy Shit!" Dragon tries to get back to his feet. As he does, the same face painted character that helped The Lost Boyz at Ascendancy runs down the ramp. Sliding into the ring, he wastes no time in lifting him into a firemans carry. Flipping him up he twists it into a reverse DDT mid air and drives the back of his head into the canvas! The ref has no choice but to call for the bell and award the match to Insane Dragon, much to the dismay of the crowd hoping for a clean winner.

Insane Dragon def. Seth Delay to RETAIN the XGW Junior Heavyweight Title (9 mins) 38.0%

Satisfied with his actions, the mystery man rolls out of the ring and casually walks backwards up the ramp.

Matthews: Who the hell IS that guy? He's obviously aligned with The 7th Circle, but we still have no idea who or what he is.

Sanders: I think it's obvious he was helping out The Lost Boyz again by softening up Insane Dragon. Did you see that Fireman's Carry/Reverse DDT thing he did? I wish I used to do something like that while I was in the ring...might not have been cut from the WWE...

Matthews: I know how you feel...I got cut too.

Sanders: ...but you're not a wrestler...

Matthews: Hey! I was a runner up on Tough Enough!

Sanders: But you didn't win did you?

Matthews: ...no...but I can finally do a moonsault!

Sanders: Marvellous...care to introduce the main event now?

Matthews: ...fine...as you saw earlier, the commissioner put his foot down sticking Ryan Sakoda and Ace Steel in a tag team match as partners. We all know they don't like each other, and if they attack each other in any way they never get another XGW title match again. The deck is surely stacked against them, even moreso as they're set to face 600+lbs of angry Samoan!

Tag Team Match

Ace Steel and Ryan Sakoda Vs The Samoan Island Gangsters

The Gangsters come into the match heavy favourites not only due to being an experienced duo, but thanks to being screwed out of the tag titles and looking for someone to vent their anger on. Naturally Sakoda and Steel make seperate entrances. However Sakoda doesn't even wait for Ace to make it to ringside before starting the match against Fatu. Both men have their own reasons to be pissed off, and both make it perfectly clear they intend to take it out on the other team as they trade a series of stiff strikes and chops much to the delight of the crowd. Eddie proves to be using his head as well as his anger by focusing on Sakoda's head and neck after the damage done to it on Sunday. Tagging in Anoai, he too continues this well thought out plan of keeping Sakoda isolated to work on his weakened body part. Ace simply stands on the apron with a look of indifference as his partner takes the entire brunt of the match up to this point. It's only after a lucky shot that Sakoda catches Steel with a fairly forceful "tag" allowing him some time to rest. His month or so away from the ring doesn't seem to have done any harm to Ace as he goes straight for Anoai. Steel juggles between working on Anoai and getting the crowd pumped as he keeps the big man subdued, until Matt shows his strength and pushes him halfway across the ring! This allows the fresher Eddie into the ring who manages to fare much better than his partner and turn the tables on Steel. Making the mistake of whipping him into the corner Sakoda is standing, Fatu fails to see the blind tag and bodyslams Steel looking for a pin. By the time he realises what's going on, Sakoda has jumped off the top rope and double stomped him square in the back! The smile on his face shows that he knows he managed to hurt Ace without actually touching him. Another minute passes with Sakoda gearing up towards a Roaring Elbow. As he's about to hit the move, "Pale Horse Apocalypse" hits causing both he and Ace to look at the stage. Steel drops off the apron leaving Sakoda vulnerable. Anoai tags himself in and hits the unsuspecting Sakoda with a huge Samoan Drop to pick up the win just as Ace realises what's going on!

The Samoan Island Gangsters def. Ace Steel and Ryan Sakoda (Anoai pins Sakdoa) (10 mins) 71.7%

Ace rolls back into the ring as The Gangsters leave celebrating a much needed victory over two Heavyweight title contenders. Sakoda gets to his feet and immediately goes after Steel for leavng him open to lose. A shoving contest quickly degenerates into a fist fight between the two! Only making matters worse is Seven picking the perfect moment to hit the ring and join in, making it a three way brawl! Several hired security guards and other members of the roster pour into the ring to seperate the three men, as Stevie stands on the stage looking anything but pleased to close out the show...

First and foremost, gotta say I loved the crack at Matthews getting cut by WWE and him mentioning how he can finally do a moonsault. I liked that. Made me chuckle.

Like typical indy shows, most of the winners were clear cut, but it still served it's purpose of building up your stars, at the expense of others. Can't believe David Young lost his first match though. It's gotta have something to do with the storyline you're planning. Poor Evan, still on the run from Birchall, as well he should be after the stunt he pulled. Kind of reminds me of the Taker/Angle storyline when Angle first came to WWE.

Looks like we've got another three way being built for the title, but damn I can't put my vote in for Ace, even if he is the face. Ever have that character you don't like and it seems like he's being pushed down your throat? Not sure if you'll get the reference, but Ace Steel is your Robbie V..even though I like Robbie V.

Looks like we've got another three way being built for the title, but damn I can't put my vote in for Ace, even if he is the face. Ever have that character you don't like and it seems like he's being pushed down your throat? Not sure if you'll get the reference, but Ace Steel is your Robbie V..even though I like Robbie V.

Edited by Xero Gravity

Pre-Show Attraction Match

Beef Wellington and The Green Phantom Vs The Iron Saints

Giving four of the XGW's newest talents a chance to get some exposure to the crowd, the two teams make their way down to the ring as the people are still getting comfortable. All four men got plenty of time to show off what they can do in the five or so minutes they had in the ring. Both Thomaselli's spent most of their offense isolating the Phantom, negating his size completely. Beef could only wait and watch as they traded tags and focused all their effort on his left leg. A blind tag off an irish whip finally got Beef into the ring undetected. Climbing to the top he hit a huge Ass Punch on Vito, bailing him out the ring and getting a laugh from those in the crowd seeing it for the first time. Alone in the ring, it didn't take long for Sal to fall victim to the E-Coli giving Beef and Phantom the victory.

Beef Wellington and The Green Phantom def. The Iron Saints (Wellington pins Sal) (5 mins) 51.4%

IPB Image

IPB Image

After the parental advisory logo flashes up, the intro video kicks in with "Nobody's Real" by Powerman 5000.

Alright

A series of slow begin focusing mainly on Seven, Ace Steel, and Ryan Sakoda along with several other stars flashing up momentarily

As the song progresses it kicks up a notch showing fast paced clips of various matches throughout the year. Birchall's debut is shown, tearing through Iceberg like he was nothing. A brief flurry of aerial moves takes over featuring guys like Insane Dragon, Air Paris, and Shannon Moore.

It then cuts to the main event of Baptized In Blood, and shows several slow motion shots of Steven Richards superkicking Ace Steel. The smile on Seven's face as he stands over Steel with the belt remains on screen for several seconds...

Nobody's real

...and with that we're straight on Josh and Mike to open the show...

Matthews: Welcome once again to another edition of Body Count! As always I'm Josh Matthews...

Sanders: ...and I'm Mike Sanders, the workhorse of this announce team!

Matthews: Yeah...right...for those of you who tuned in last week, the three man brawl that erupted between Seven, Steel, and Sakoda will still be fresh in your minds.

Sanders: ...and for those of you who didn't tune in, you suck!

Matthews: Indeed they do, but that's not the point. There's only so much...

Right Off The Bat

Josh is interrupted by the projector screens coming to life. Raised voices and a mass of bodies fill the scene as workers and ring crew alike swarm over Ace Steel and Ryan Sakoda already trying to tear each other to pieces. Several innocent bystanders gets sucked into the whirlwind of bodies as it takes several attempts to finally seperate the two without them breaking free for another round of blows. Ace is held where he is and starts to calm down as Sakoda is dragged away. He doesn't have a chance to remain angry for too long, as Steven Richards appears with the same pissed off look on his face he had last week.

Stevie: What the hell do you think you're doing? The show hasn't even been going for two minutes and you're at each other's throats already!

Ace simply stares blankly at him, breathing heavily.

Stevie: Dammit I'm talking to you!

Ace: ...That son of a bitch started it, not me.

Stevie: Listen to yourself, you're acting like a damn kid! You're as much to blame as he is.

Ace: He jumped me as soon as I showed up! What the hell was I supposed to do, let him kick my ass?

The black blur knocks Stevie onto the ground, and before he knows what the hell happened Sakoda has Ace on the floor and they're both throwing punches at each other again. The group that dragged him away last time all show up a few seconds later and seperate them as Stevie gets back to his feet.

Stevie: THAT'S IT! I've had it up to HERE with you two! This ends TONIGHT whether you like it or not. You two, in the main event, one on one...if you're going to beat the piss out of each other, then you'll do it officially in the ring. But I'm warning you both...lay so much as a finger on the other from now until the match and you'll both find yourselves unemployed faster than you can say "Holy shit, I'm fired!" Now get the hell out of here before I change my mind!

Stevie remains on the spot until both men have been dragged down seperate ends of the corridor and disappear from sight.

Stevie Books The Main Event (4 mins) 50.6%

Matthews: Were you surprised to see that Mike?

Sanders: Oh yeah, that was one of the most shocking moments in wrestling!

Matthews: ...and that statment singlehandedly just caused every sarcasm detector in the world to explode

Sanders: Well you know what they say, ask a stupid question...

Matthews: Yeah...anyway, it looks as though we've got a match that could easily headline any big event and it's only roughly 45 minutes away!

Sanders: No doubt these two are going to continue the trend of beating each other senseless...what are the odds that this doesn't have a decisive winner?

Matthews: Well I'm no gambler, so I can't even begin to answer that question...so I'll do the next best thing and change the subject. Scheduled for out first match tonight we're about to see everyone's favourite norse warrior The Berzerker, taking on one half of the Samoan duo in Matt Anoai. Both men have size and power in abundance, and both men have momentum on their side going into this.

Sanders: They do both have momentum that's true, but Anoai didn't embarass David Young last week...Berzerker better watch his back!

The Berzerker Vs Matt Anoai

Anoai is out first by himself, not needing Eddie by his side for this match. Berzerker gets his usual strong reaction from the crowd as he stomps down the ramp with his sword and sheild swinging wildly. Anoai is sent out of the ring as Berzerker rolls in still armed with his weapons. Reluctant to release them into the custody of the ref, he's eventually talked round to relinquishing them to the outside so the match can begin. It comes as no surprise to anyone that this starts off as a solely brawling affair, as it's what they both do best. The hard hitting nature of the two keeps the relatively basic offense from boring the crowd too quickly. In a smart move, just as it starts to wear thin Berzerker clotheslines Anoai over the top rope taking the match to the outside. The change of scenery, and the addition of a little leway of the rules allows them to utilise the ringside to good effect. The ref performs a very slow ten count giving them plenty of time to work in a few spots with the guardrail. The highlight of which is a nice move from Berzerker, slamming Anoai onto the rail and following it up with a running kick to the head that flipped the big man off the railing onto the floor. They eventually made their way back into the ring after what techincally should have been at least a 25 count, but only registered as an 8. After a short comeback from Anoai, Berzerker took control again and signalled for the Big Boot. At the exact moment he "Hussed!" for the move, David Young hopped the guardrail and waited for the perfect moment to strike. As Berzerker ran off the ropes, Young slid into the ring and caught him charging towards Anoai with a huge Spinebuster! The referee called for the bell as a pissed off Matt Anoai sent David running for cover.

The Berzerker def. Matt Anoai by DQ (7mins) 51.8%

Sanders: I guess by now Berzerker's really regretting the way he made a fool out of David last week!

Matthews: Are you kidding me...made a fool out of him? Just because David Young wasn't good enough to beat The Berzerker, that warrants him getting unfairly attacked during one of his matches?

Sanders: Well payback IS a bitch, and Berzerker just learned that the hard way.

Matthews: This seems to be just another situation that needs to be settled before it gets way out of hand...we don't need another Steel/Sakoda fiasco on our hands!

I Can't Give You What I Don't Have

We're treated to another backstage shot, this time of an unusual scene...Stevie sitting quietly in his office. The door can be heard opening as Richards looks up to eye his visitor.

Stevie: Ah Dean, what can I do for you?

Dean: I think you know what I...what Paul wants.

Stevie: I was afraid this was coming.

Dean: Then surely you've come up with the necessary paperwork to make it happen tonight?

The disappointing look on Stevie's face says otherwise.

Stevie: It's not as simple as that, I'd love to see Birchall get his hands on Evan just as much as the fans...

Dean: ...but?

Stevie: But he's not here tonight.

Dean: You better not be protecting him Steven!

Stevie: Look, Evan is an obnoxious litte shit...do you really think I'd keep him from someone like Paul Birchall? Here, maybe this will prove it?

He hands him over a sheet of paper from his desk.

Dean: You're fining him for not showing up? That's the best you can do?

Stevie: Right now, yeah...but if he doesn't show up next week then I'll have to take things a little further.

Dean: You're not firing him! Paul wants me to make it perfectly clear...if he doesn't get to kick Evan's arse, he'll have to find a suitable replacment.

The less than amused look on Stevie's face makes it clear he knows exactly what he means by that.

Stevie: I take it that's supposed to be a threat?

Dean: Not a threat Steven, more like a guarantee.

Stevie: While I don't like being threatened, how about this as a gesture of good will. Evan WILL be here next week, but tonight Birchall can take out some pent up agression on...Azreal. How does that sound?

Dean rubs his chin for a few seconds, pondering his suggestion.

Dean: I guess we have no choice do we? I'll go tell Paul the good news.

Stevie simply nods glad to see the back of Ayass as he leaves the office.

Birchall Gets A Replacment Match (3 mins) 57.4%

Matthews: Evan will be here next week? I wouldn't want to be in his shoes come next Tuesday, Birchall's going to beat him clean out of them!

Sanders: Forget Evan, I wouldn't want to be poor Azreal right about now. But I can't help but think Richards was abusing his power a bit there...it seems a little fishy that he happened to pick a member of The 7th Circle for Brichall to massacre.

Matthews: You really think Stevie would do something like that?

Sanders: Absolutely, Seven and his minions have been a thorn in his side for a long time. What with Seven embroiled in his problems with Sakoda and Ace, Stevie has the perfect chance to sneak in and shut them down for good.

Matthews: Well that's a possibility I guess, and speaking of Seven our next match features him taking on Shannon Moore. While the match is scheduled to be a non title bout, you can bet that is Moore causes an upset on the champ he might be able to bypass the rankings and get to the front o the queue for a title shot.

Non Title Match

Seven© Vs Shannon Moore

Both men made their way down to the ring, and in obvious fashion Seven took advantage of the match straight away. Utilising the sheer advantage he had over Moore, he proceeded to make an example out of him. Several times early in the match he could have possibly got the three count, based solely on the fact that each move was delivered with such great force. He teased the Pale Horse a few times, but on each occasion either booted Moore in the face, or hit him with a clothesline that nearly decapitated him. Pleased with the level of brutality he'd shown on Shannon, he decided to end it with a Christ's Burden. Hoisting him up into the crucifix position, he expected no resistance and instead found himself quickly on his back as Shannon wriggled out of it and hooked in a school boy! Seven kicked out furiously, watching as Shannon bailed to the outside trying to recuperate a little. Seven made the foolish mistake of following him out, and got caught on the way back in a dropkick to the face. Finally Moore managed to get some offense of his own in, concentration solely on the champion's head. Neckbreakers were his main weapon against the big man, utilising one whenever he needed to cut him back down to a managable size. As the moments passed, the upset looked more and more likely. After a huge spingboard dropkick, Moore signalled for the Halo. By now the fans were getting behind his spirited comeback as he planted Seven with a kick to the stomach. Bouncing off the ropes he lined up the move, but got caught in the champs powerful arms and whipped round like a rag doll into a Pale Horse! Seven covered him quickly, and left the ring looking quite surprised that Moore almost made a fool of his overconfidence.

Seven def. Shannon Moore (6 mins) 61.9%

Matthews: That was a little too close for comfort if you ask me, Seven tried to make an example of Shannon and it nearly cost him the match!

Sanders: Nearly, but the fact is Seven still got his hand raised in the end and that's all that matters.

Matthews: I don't know, you've got to think that did a little unseen damage to Seven's demonic ego. After all he's the heavyweight champion, and a guy like Shannon Moore almost pinned him 1, 2, 3 in the middle of the ring.

Evan's Head On Azreal's Body

Backstage again, we're shown Birchall pacing back and forth as Dean Ayass comes into the picture with a half smile on his face.

Birchall: Well?

Dean: Evan's not here tonight...

Birchall: That little bastard!

Dean: Richards did decide to give you a match though...against Azreal.

Birchall: Azreal...that goth poofter is the best he could come up with?

Dean: At least you've got a match this week, that's better than nothing.

Birchall: I guess in a way Evan will be here tonight, as I know I won't see Azreal when I tear him limb from limb!

Ayass smiles as Birchall heads off to the ring with a look of determination on his face.

Birchall Psyches Himself Up (2 mins) 36.8%

Matthews: It looks like Birchall isn't going to give Azreal and time to prepare for this match!

Paul Birchall Vs "The Angel Of Death" Azreal

Birchall hit the ring straight away, and waited like a caged animal for several moments for Azreal. He finally emerged, but wasn't alone. He came down to the ring with Gabriel and their still un-named accomplice. Birchall didn't seem too bothered about being outnumbered, ad he slid straight out and jumped the three of them before the bell! He made short work of Gabriel and the face painted guy, before tossing Azreal into the ring kicking the match off officially. It became evident that Azreal was Karagias to Birchall, as he mercilessly suplexed him all over the ring without showing any signs of stopping. In a single minute of the match, Birchall had hit at least 7 suplex variations on Azreal without stopping once. The match looked all but over without any offense by "The Angel Of Death", until Gabriel hopped onto the apron. Trying to distract Paul proved to be a costly mistake, as he soon found himself hauled into the ring. It took Birchall only a few seconds to drag him to his feet and give him the same treatment he gave Azreal. This time however, he ended it with a belly to belly suplex over the top rope! Gabriel crashed onto the thin padding covering the cold concrete, showing little signs of moving. This did however give Azreal a chance to mount an attack. He threw everything he could, and looked to steal the match with a Ted Bundy. Hooking Birchall into a suplex and lifted him up, only to have it reversed! Landing on his feet Birchall spun Azreal around and pulled him down to the ground by his right arm. Locking in the Royal Mutilation it only took three seconds of being arched back in such an unnatural position for Azreal to tap out kicking and screaming! Birchall quickly released the hold, as the unkown Circle member climbed into the ring and ran straight into his waiting arms. Showing little regard Birchall flipped him backwards landing a C-4 in the middle of the ring! Leaving all three 7th Circle members down and out, Birchall finally had his hand raised and left the ring.

Paul Birchall def. Azreal (6 mins) 60.0%

Sanders: Dominating performace by Birchall! But you know who's to blame for all of this? Evan Karagias...that pepper spray attack is going to cost him dearly, especially when Birchall takes it out on other people just like that!

Matthews: I couldn't agree more Mike, Evan crossed a line treating Birchall like he did at Ascendancy II...and day he's forced to pay for it will be one I guarantee we won't forget in a hurry!

Sanders: Could it be at Living In Sin? As you can see the commissioner is on his way to the ring, and I hear he's going to be announcing a few of the matches we'll be seeing in a few weeks.

Living In Sin Starts To Take Shape

Richards is just climbing into the ring with a microphone in hand and a clipboard in the other. He waits a moment or two for his music to fade out before attempting to speak.

Stevie: Two weeks ago marked the biggest milestone to date in XGW. Ascendancy II heralded in the one year anniversary of this promotion. Now for such an occasion, the show didn't seem to have as much bang as I'd hoped. I'll be the first to admit that it was my fault, who elses could it be? While it may have been a financial success it was far from an artistic one. In two weeks time, the 26th of February, I get a chance to make up for that with Living In Sin. While not all the matches have been signed as of yet, there are still a few that I want to put out tonight after certain events took place this evening...and there's no better place to start than the top. It'll come as no surprise, but the XGW Heavyweight title will be on the line as Seven defends it against Ace Steel AND Ryan Sakoda! All three men want to try and cripple each other? Well what better way to do it than when it really counts, and with the title on the line. BUT! As far as Seven's little army of munchkin henchmen are concerned...if they show their faces anywhere near ringside, Seven will be stripped of the belt immediately, and ejected from the match!

Another match taking place at Living In Sin stems from the opening contest of the night. David Young...you seem so intent on getting physical with The Berzerker again, that you'd interject yourself into his match with Matt Anoai. Well congratulations kid, you got your wish. You and Berzerker will face off again, only this time it'll be a hardcore match! You may not be very concerned by that, but maybe you should ask someone what happened during the last hardcore match Berzerker was a part of. Or better yet, go find Iceberg and ask him...I'm sure he'll tell you all about how insanse Berzerker was during that brawl.

Those of you watching this show on XeroGwrestling.com didn't get to see the tag team match before the show. However I was so impressed by that quartet that I decided to give them their big event debut, with a slight difference. One one side of the ring it will be Brandon, Salvatore, and Vito Thomaselli collectively known as The Iron Saints. On the other side, their opponents Beef Wellington, The Green Phantom, and a partner set to debut on the show.

...and as the final announced match tonigh, we will see the official beginning of the womens division here in XGW at Living In Sin. Six women will compete in a gauntlet match to crown the first XGW Womens champion! Competing in the match will be Christy Hemme, Shelly Martinez, Tara Bush, and Candice Michelle marking their in ring debuts after a year of training and development. The two remaining spots will stay unrevealed until they make their entry into the match itself!

Those, along with a few still to be announced matches make up this year's Living In Sin...now that's out of the way, it's time to settle things. Ace! Ryan! Get your asses out here now!

Stevie Announces Matches for Living In Sin (7 mins) 72.5%

Matthews: Here we go, main event time!

Ace Steel Vs Ryan Sakoda

Stevie remains at ringside as Ace and Sakoda make their entrances. Much to everyone's delight they already start brawling long before the timekeeper has rang the bell. It remains very even throughout the opening exchange, with neither man backing down an inch. The fans can't seem to make up their minds as they're split down the middle on who to root for. With their faces starting to go red from the number of stiff shots they've taken, both men conceed to stop and back off. They don't stay away for long before jumping straight back into it. This time however, Sakoda takes the lead fairly quickly with a rapid fire trifecta of open hand slaps that rocks Ace backwards. He continues to snap off the slaps until Ace is backed into a corner, and makes a quick dash diving at him with a double knee press to the sternum! Steel slumps into the corner clucthing his chest as Sakoda runs back again, this time driving his knees into his face! Ace's head rocks like a pinball from the impact as Sakoda quickly goes for an early pinfall. Showing his drive, Ace kicks out and endures a good fifteen seconds of relentless punching from Sakoda until the referee forces him to break and get back. As Steel staggers to his feet, the blood flowing down his face from his nose doesn't look good. However by grabbing it he shows it's not broker, and motions for Sakoda to come at him again. He does so without hesitation and gets sucked into Steel's trap. Moving out of the way causes Ryan to hit the turnbuckles knees first and give the advantage away for the first time in the match. Stemming the blood flow Ace uses his advantage to the full, working on the obvious target of Sakoda's knees. Ranging from a good old spinning toe hold, to a texas cloverleaf, Ace tries everything to weaken Sakoda down and make him slower. Showing desperation, an errant kick trying to break free catches Ace in the nose and causes the blood to start flowing again. Sakoda uses this respite to cause maximum damage with a hefty price. Getting to his feet, he fires off a huge Roaring Elbow catching Ace perfectly in his nose! This however causes his weakened knee to go out and he crashes to the canvas as well. Stevie is watching intently at ringside as they both try desperately to get up. They do so at nine, and Sakoda attempts another Roaring Elbow only for Ace to duck! Despite the blurry vision, he manages to catch Sakoda's arm and lift him into a quick Twist of Kain! The crowd pops and Sakdoa slumps forward and Ace crawls over. Pushing him onto his back he drapes an arm over. The ref gets down to count, but as he reaches two the bell rings! The fans, Ace, and Stevie are confused for a second until the announcment of the time limit is made. Ace looks distraught that he was one second away from victory, and Stevie is angry that the situation still hasn't been fully resolved.

Ace Steel draw. Ryan Sakoda (15 mins) 68.9%

Matthews: Not the most ideal ending to the match, but when you're out of time, you're out of time. I'm Josh Matthews along with Mike sanders, and this has been another edition of Body Count...we'll see you next week!

IPB Image

Backstage Problems?

While nothing more than rumors at the moment, it seems as though the XGW lockerroom has been thrown into a state of unrest. A number of backstage altercations have been broken up over the past few days, as the company has been preparing for their final two shows of February. The two names floating around with the rumors are Azreal and Ryan Sakoda. This poses a big problem for XGW, as the rumors have indicated that these two have quickly grown to hate each other. If it is ideed true, then the likelyhood of one of them leaving is pretty high. This poses what could be a big problem, as both men have fairly big positions in the comapny at the moment. Sakoda is currently being featured in the big storyline surrounding the Heavyweight title, and Azreal is one half of the only XGW tag team champions to date. If either were to leave it would need the company to quickly try to find a way to keep things running smoothly.

New Talent Coming In?

In other XGW news, there have been rumblings over new signings over the last few days. One known for sure is Leon "Vader" White, as it was announced in a sit down interview with James Tyrell yesterday. While in only a backstage capacity at the moment, there has been talk of Vader stepping back into the ring after working hard to get back into shape in the last several months. Two other names being mentioned are Chaz Warrington and Glen Ruth best known as The Headbangers. While nothing is concrete at the moment, it looks as though they may be debuting at Living In Sin to add some much needed experience to XGW's young tag division. There was one other name mentioned in the sit down interview, however the lid has been kept firmly shut on that one. Speculation is it is someone unhappy with their role in TNA or WWE who will be leaving soon.

A Bizarre Week In The Big Two

While not totally newsworthy, it has to be pointed out that the past week has certainly been a strange on for both the WWE and TNA. Nowhere near ppv time, we have seen several big title changes on free tv. Among them is the double title win of Shane McMahon. Winning both the United States title and World Heavyweight titles in the space of a few days has left many fans angered, and the Smackdown brand's morale at an all time low. On the TNA side, the James Gang split not too long after getting back together. Nobody would have thought this would grow into an NWA title feud, both that is exactly what has happened after BG James pinned Kip James at Impact to win the NWA World title.

Edited by Xero Gravity

IPB Image

IPB Image

Alright

Nobody's real

~~~~

Matthews: Hello everyone, and welcome to Body Count! We're only five days away from Living In Sin, and what a way to lead into it that an edition of Body Count dubbed a night of tag team matches?

Sanders: Without the aid of lubricant, I can't think of a better night for us than tonight!

Matthews: That was a little more information than I needed, but I'll forgive you because we have a big night of in ring action to get through!

Sanders: I don't need your forgivness, but I will agree we've got a huge lead in to Living In Sin on Sunday...

Matthews: Three tag team matches are scheduled for tonight, as well as our opening contest featuring two debuting talents. On one side of the ring will be the third member of The Iron Saints, Brandon Thomaselli. In the other will be B-Boy, a veteran of the So-Cal wrestling circuit.

Sanders: Both guys have a great opportunity right here, make a big impression on their debut and who knows where it could take them!

Matthews: Indeed it could, especially with the majority of those in the top ten rankings busy with their own problems. All it takes is one ipressive win to get your foot in the door and sneak out with someone's ranking spot.

Brandon Thomaselli Vs B-Boy

Both men naturally came to the ring to very little reaction from the crowd as it was their first time out in front of them. To their credit they didn't let that affect them too much and quickly got into the match without any problems. After a minute or two of trading blows around the ring they both looked settled and took the match up a notch. Throwing B-Boy to the outside, Brandon took an opportunity to cement his heel status by faking a somersault plancha and flipping the crowd off instead. This brief respite proved to be enough for B-Boy to gather himself and play possum while waiting for Thomaselli. As Brandon reached through the ropes B-Boy sprung into action and dragged him throat first down onto the middle rope! Staggering back into the middle of the ring, Thomaselli turned into a huge clothesline that came close to decapitating him! Dragging his barely concious opponent onto his feet, B-Boy whipped him across the ring and followed him in with another strong clothesline dropping him into a seated position in the corner. Clapping his hands together in an attempt to try and get the crowd behind him, B-Boy ran over to the other side of the ring. Pausing for a second he then charged at Thomaselli and leapt into a diving dropkick, following through and landing outside the ring! Thomaselli is left lying in the corner with a glazed over look on his face as B-Boy plays up to the crowd before getting back into the ring. Trying to drag him out of the corner, B-Boy gets nailed with a blatant low blow which somehow goes undetected by the ref. This allows Thomaselli to get back into the match with a series of forearms, staggering B-Boy back enough to catch him with a quick running head-scissors! Getting to his feet first, Brandon signalled for an Air Raid Crash and made his way towards B-Boy. As payback from earlier, B-Boy managed to hit an undetected low blow dropping Brandon to his knees. Getting to his feet he took several steps back and hit a huge Shining Wizard, covering him and getting the pinfall!

B-Boy def. Brandon Thomaselli (5 mins) 50.0%

A Lesson In Disobediance...

As the ring was clearing, we're shown a shot of the parking lot, and the now familiar car of Evan Karagias pulling into an open spot. Stepping out, he looks around nervously for a few seconds before closing the door and heading towards the trunk. He pops it open and reaches for his bag, but is jerked backwards by Paul Birchall! Evan has no chance to fight back and the enraged Englishman takes full advantage, smashing him back first into a nearbyt car setting off the alarm. Karagias starts to slide down to the ground grimacing in pain, but Birchall refuses to give him the luxury and drags him back to his feet. Swinging him around with one hand on the back of his head, he drives Evan's head into the rear passenger window of the car several times, each one with more force than the last! Karagias can barely stand as Birchall spins him back around and pins him up against the car. Breathing heavily he gets within an inch of Evan's face, but gets caught by surprise as Evan swings for him and swipes across his face! Paul staggers backwards feeling the blood seeping down the side of his face thanks to Evan's car keys. The momentary distration is enough to allow Karagias to make a hazed dash for his car. Once inside he tries desperately to start it up as Birchall hammers on his window. Just as the engine kicks in Birchall manages to smash the glass and reach in, but Evan peels backwards leaving his adversary fuming once more as he escapes for the third week running.

Birchall Attacks Evan In The Parking Lot (3 mins) 38.9%

...A Lesson In Respect

The screens don't shut off just yet, as Birchall angrily makes his way back into the building. It comes as no surprise to him that he's met by an equally enraged Steven Richards no more than three steps in.

Stevie: What the hell do you call that?

Birchall: Piss off Richards, I'm not in the mood.

He tries to walk past, but Stevie shows no fear and grabs hold of his left arm and pulls him back.

Stevie: I'm sorry, what was that?

Birchall: I said, I'm not in the mood.

Stevie: That's what I thought you said...but you know what? I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!

Birchall remains motionless, staring straight into Stevie's eyes knowing he's deadly serious.

Stevie: I'm sick and tired of this "inmates run the asylum" XGW has got right now. I told you NOT to lay your hands on Evan tonight, and you did exactly the opposite. It's about time people around here started to take me seriously, starting with you...

Paul looks at him, far from being pleased with what Richards is saying to him.

Birchall: Is that I threat?

Stevie: A threat, a promise, call it whatever you like. But before the night is over you WILL be punished for breaking MY rules!

Richards doesn't wait for a reply from Birchall, leaving him to stew over his decision to reprimand him.

Stevie Lays Down The Law (1 min) 46.7%

Matthews: We haven't seen that kind of Stevie since way back when he had his problems with Iceberg!

Sanders: I wasn't with you guys back then, but I've seen the tapes and I have to say I comend Stevie's guts...even if he does seem to have a deathwish.

Matthews: Stevie made it specifically clear that Birchall was not to go after Evan tonight, what was he supposed to do...go back on his word?

Sanders: Don't get me wrong, I agree that he should have gone through with punishing Birchall, it's just do you really want to piss off someone who looks like they could tear you in half without breaking a sweat?

Matthews: You've got a point, but now we have to ask the question as to what exactly will be in store for Birchall later tonight?

Sanders: No doubt it'll be a punishment fitting of the crime from the tone in Stevie's voice.

Matthews: While we're going to have to wait until later to find that out, something we won't have to wait for is the identity of the two tag partners in our next match! As everyone will be aware by now, David Young was...by his own admission...embarassed by The Berzerker in his debut match two weeks ago. His refusal to accept that Berzerker was the better man in their match has lead to a hardcore match signed for Living In Sin this Sunday. But both men have been charged with finding someone to team with them in this tag match. Young has shown no allegiances since debuting, and I'm sure Berzerker is someone the rest of the locker room keeps away from if only for his sheer oddball qualities.

Sanders: Hey, don't knock vikings...they kick ass, especially when they're close to seven feet tall!

Pick Your Partner Tag Team Match

David Young and ?????? Vs The Berzerker and ??????

The duo's make their way out first, with David Young walking down the ramp. He stops and signals to his partner, and Bobby Roode pushes through the curtain with a cocky smirk on his face! The two former TNA stars make their way down to the ring, taking turns climbing through the ropes. The fans naturally cheer loudly as The Berzerker storms onto the stage, followed closely by an odd choice in The Green Phantom! The strange pairing walk down the short ramp as Young and Roode laugh mockingly at their opponents. The big viking steps over the top rope and goes straight for Young, as Phantom slides in through to bottom rope and takes Roode down with a diving tackle! David tries to fight off the big Berzerker and they soon spill out of the ring leaving their chosen partners to start the match. Phantom's advantage quickly diminishes as Roode shows his superior mat wrestling skill and works himself into a favourable position to launch and attack of his own. On the outside, Young and Berzerker continue to brawl around the ring splitting the crowd's attention in the match. As Roode plants Phantom in the middle of the ring with a big powerslam, Young slides back into the ring followed closely by The Berzerker. David quickly runs past Bobby, who catches Berzerker with a stiff Northern Lariat knocking him flat on his back! With the biggest man in the match down, Young and Roode turn their attention to Green Phantom and waste no time in making the most of their advantage. The fans start to show signs of getting behind the masked hardcore warrior as he tries desperately to fight off the advances of both men, but in the end they prove to be too much and overwhelm him. In a move to add insult to their opponents, Young and Roode whip Phantom off the ropes and flapjack him onto the still downed Berzerker! Then Roode calls for Young to climb to the top rope, which he does without hesitation. Taking hold of both his hands, Bobby pulls David off the top flipping him into a huge assisted Senton on the Phantom/Berzerker pairing! Roode quickly piles on to make the pinfall, but to everyone's shock Berzerker powers out of the pin! He slowly starts to drag himself to his feet as Young and Roode swarm him with a barrage of right hands. Reaching a vertical standing he begins to fight back, clotheslining Young back over the top rope and connecting with a huge Big Boot on Roode! Choosing to go after Young again, Berzerker climbs out of the ring leaving Roode and Phantom down on the canvas. As the two legal men struggle to get back to their feet, David desperately tries to stop the advances of Berzerker. This goes so far as stealing a crutch from a fan at ringside and blasting him over the head with it! The ref doesn't see it and Young quickly disposes of the crutch before returning to the ring. Phantom is just back to his feet when he turns into a huge Spinebuster from Young! Pulling Roode on top of him, the ref has no choice but to count the pin and call for the bell.

David Young and Bobby Roode def. The Berzerker and The Green Phantom (Roode pins Phantom) (9 mins) 52.9%

Sanders: Now that's what I call using your head, or in this case using a crutch on your opponent's head!

Matthews: I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that David Young once again employed illegal tactics to get one over on The Berzerker.

Sanders: Would you be saying the same thing if it was the other way around?

Matthews: Of course I would, either way it's cheating and no one deserves to lose because their opponent can't obey the rules.

Fighting Temptation

Speaking of obeying the rules, we're shown another shot of the backstage where Ace seems to be in deep concentration as he paces back and forth. However he soon comes to a stand still, and his demeanour changes dramatically.

Seven: I know you want to do it...

Seven steps into view with nothing but evil intentions on his face.

Seven: You just can't help yourself can you? Hating me is a drug you haven't been able to get out of your system for over a year. You and I both know I can't be stopped. Sooner or later my legion will grow enough to take down this cesspit and move on to the next unsuspecting host. The darkness speading through this company will eat away at everything until nothing is left but a dead, rotting, bloated carcass that even the maggots would turn their noses up at. But you...you have a chance to change all of that...

He pauses momentarily for dramatic effect.

Seven: ...hit me...

Ace's right eyebrow cocks up as he instantly catches onto Seven's obvious intention.

Seven: Give in to what you feel deep within yourself, and hit me. One punch is all I'm asking for. XGW is so intent on getting rid of me? Then all you have to do is hit me right here in my face. I'll drop the belt, and walk out of this insignificant little dot on the wrestling map. I'll spare it the fate of every other promotion I intend to destroy, and all it's going to take is one small act of agression on your part...

Ace looks down at his right hand, now clenched tightly into a whitened fist. His gaze trails back up to Seven's wicked grin, and he swings! Seven doesn't budge an inch as Ace's fist hovers a few centimeters away from his face. The grin fades as Ace shakes his head and steps backwards.

Ace: Quite frankly, you're not worth it. I've only got to wait five days, then I can hit you all I want and still get a chance at walking out with my belt back...nice try though, for a second I almost believed you'd leave if I hit you.

His laugh can be heard as he walks out of view leaving Seven practically shaking with anger.

Ace Refuses To Play Seven's Games (2 min) 42.2%

Matthews: For a second there I thought Ace was actually going to go through with it!

Sanders: I didn't...even if Seven made a huge offer like that, why would Ace waste his chance at becoming the only two time XGW champion?

Matthews: Oh come on, you have to admit that why he threw that punch, part of you thought it was going to connect.

Sanders: Nope, can't say that I did...but I wouldn't expect you to understand, not being a wrestler and all that.

Matthews: Hey, I've beaten a WWE Champion...can you say the same?

Sanders: ......

Matthews: Thought not...but to quell any impending hostility, let's jump straight into our next match shall we?

Sanders: ...whatever...

Matthews: Ok...Shannon Moore and Insane Dragon have formed a long standing friendship over that past eight months or so. Both watched each others backs during matches with The Lost Boys, and stuck together ever since. In five days they get a tag team title shot against Azreal and Gabriel, but have to get past an unknown element here in XGW in the form of Sal and Vito Thomaselli.

Shannon Moore and Insane Dragon Vs The Iron Saints

The Saints come into this match looking very focused and aiming to win their first match and cause an upset over the more experienced XGW stars in the process. Shannon and Dragon make their way down to the ring together as a show of solidarity despite the rumors of a possible split between the two. Both Sal and Vito know they have to take the initiative from the opening bell, but choose to jump the gun with stereo dives over the top rope onto their opponents! As all four bodies crash onto the floor, the Saints quickly regroup and choose to target the Prince of Punk first. Rolling him into the ring they leave the Junior Heavyweight champion lying on the ground by the ramp. Immediately they start proving to everyone that they are no slouches as a tag team, hitting Shannon with a trifecta of double suplexes before Sal is forced out of the ring leaving Vito by himself with Moore. The match remains firmly in the favour of the Thomaselli's after a rash decision by Insane Dragon, choosing to try and get some revenge. The ref naturally forces him out of the ring allowing Salvatore to get back into the ring and help Vito plant Shannon with a flapjack facebuster! Vito is quickly out of the ring leaving Sal to make the cover despite no legal tag. Luckily for Dragon, Moore is able to kick out at two and after an attempted roll up on Sal, make his way over and tag out of the match! Dragon gets in quickly and goes straight across the ring to Vito, knocking him off the apron with a charging body block. With one Thomaselli on the ground, the other soon follows as he's thrown forcibly over the top rope. Waiting until both men stagger into a perfect position, Dragon springboards onto the top rope and lives up to his name with a crazy corkscrew body splash! That immediately peaks the fans interest in the match, but they look to Shannon who seems to have something similar on his mind. Climbing to the top rope he doesn't wait until Dragon is out of the way, choosing to risk the match by hitting a twisting senton onto the three men below! All four men lay in a heap on the floor much like at the beginning of the match, but this time it's Shannon Moore who's first to his feet, throwing Vito back into the ring. Hopping back up onto the top rope, he signals for a Halo. As he's about to hit it, Sal climbs onto the apron and grabs his leg. Struggling to fight him off, Moore kicks him backwards and he lands on a rising Insane Dragon! Vito uses this distraction to try and throw Shannon off the top rope, but he's met with a series of headbutts sending him back down to the canvas. Wasting no time on the second attempt, Moore hits a perfectly placed Halo and gets the win for his team!

Shannon Moore and Insane Dragon def. The Iron Saints (Moore Pins Vito) (8 mins) 55.3%

Matthews: An impressive victory there for Shannon Moore and Insane Dragon!

Sanders: Indeed it was, but if you look at the two on the ramp right now, it doesn't look like everything is rosey between the two. I don't think Shannon actually cares that he kicked Sal Thomaselli onto Dragon.

Matthews: How can you possibly say that?

Sanders: I have experience in lip reading...although most of the time not on faces...

Matthews: That was...very disturbing, and highly irrelavent as I'm sure Shannon didn't mean to do that, it was just a case of wrong place at the wrong time.

Sanders: Vey convenient wouldn't you say?

Matthews: No I wouldn't, and it's obvious neither of us are going to change our minds, so let's just drop it and move on because we still have...

Punishment, Payback, What's The Difference?

Josh is cut off by the opening strains of "Sick" by Seven Wiser, as Birchall makes his way down the ramp flanked by Dean Ayass. Both men share the same pissed off expression as they climb into the ring, and Ayass takes a microphone.

Ayass: Paul and myself have been talking in the back, and quite frankly we're sick of waiting. Now Steven, I have the upmost respect for you, but the simple fact is punishing Birchall for something he had every right to do is a load of bollocks. We left England and the FWA, to come here and ply our trade on the other side of the Atlantic under the impression that the United States would be a different animal for us to tackle. But lo and behold, everywhere we go whether it be here or Paul in the WWE...people are afraid. Every person in this building is afraid to let Birchall be himself, as they know only I can contain him. Now I have to say I'm a little dissapointed that someone who has been held back for most of his career like you have Steven, would proceed to do the same thing now that you are in a position of authority. We don't want to do this, but...

Somewhere beyond happiness and sadness

I need to calculate

What creates my own madness

And I'm addicted to your punishment

And you're the master

And I am waiting for disaster

Both Ayass and Birchall, along with all the fans in attendance are shocked to hear Evan Karagias' music hit the sound system. But sure enough he walks out onto the stage with a microphone in hand. Immediately Birchall makes a beeline for him, but he's cut off by Evan's words.

Karagias: Whoa, whoa, whoa...hold it right there you limey son of a bitch!

Surprisingly that stops him in his tracks, as he stares a hole right through Evan on the safety of the stage.

Karagias: You know, I'm getting sick and tired of runnin away from you. For the life of me I can't think why you've got such a problem with me. Or maybe I do...the simple fact is Paul, you're just jealous of me!

The fans boo the blatant bullshit spweing from his mouth, but he simply brushes it off and carries on.

Karagias: Ever since you arrived in XGW last year, you've been walking around like you own the place. So a bunch of smarks have been having a collective orgasm over you for years, but really...what the hell do they know? It's the same as all these people in attendance. They've been sucked into the myth that is Paul Birchall. So you throw out a few flashy moves and expect people to bend over and kiss your ass? Well FUCK THAT! XGW is MY HOUSE! Nobody built this place up more than I did...not Seven, not Ace Steel, not Ryan Sakoad, none of them can hold a candle to me! You're tubby bitch of a manager wants to complain about you being held back? Don't make me puke! The reason you're not in the main event, is you just don't cut it. I on the other hand, I AM getting screwed out of what I deserve! I've been sitting on top of the rankings since it's inception, and I've only had one title shot. Not only that, but I've got to make overrated trash like you look good so the smarks keep logging on to the site and watching this crappy show. Well I've had enough of pulling people up to my level. The fact is I outsmarted you in your big chance to take the next step. I didn't need brawn to beat you, I just used my brain. Pepper spray can take down a person of any size or shape, and I proved that by blinding you and pinning you one...two...three. So you want to keep trying to get your revenge? Well that's fine by me, because you won't win. Do you want to know why you've got no chance of winning? You won't win, because you've got nobody to WATCH...YOUR...BACK!

On cue, two men leap the barricade behind Birchall and slide into the ring.

IPB ImageIPB Image

Ayass gets shoved out of the way as they both drop Birchall with a double clothesline, and begin viciously stomping away on his head and neck as Evan casually walks down the ramp with a shit eating grin on his face. Paul tries to fight back but is overpowered and kept down on the ground as Karagias slides into the ring with the mic still in his posession.

Karagias: Did you really think I was going to keep letting to attack me week after week? I've got more important things to deal with than always watching my back for you. So I did what any self respecting superstar would do...I went out and hired two of the nastiest sons of bitches I could find to put you in your place permanently!

Ayass gets to his feet and looks to try and go after Evan himself.

Karagias: Don't take another step closer lardass, or you'll get dropped like a bad habit! Hey Paul, do you remember Stevie saying you'd be punished for breaking his rules? Well congratulations, you finally got yourself a match at Living In Sin. Five days from now, you're going to walk into this ring with these two men, Travis and Luther. But believe me when I say this...you WON'T be walking out!

Karagias nods, as Luther drags Birchall to his feet then up into a bearhug. Travis bounces off the ropes and levels Paul in the face with a huge running big boot, giving Luther extra momentum for the spinebuster he drives Birchall into the ring with! The fans are stunned as Paul lies motionless on the canvas, and Evan ushers his bodyguards out of the ring and up the ramp.

Karagias Introduces His New Bodyguards (4 mins) 33.2%

Sanders: You can't blame Evan for going out to find someone to watch his back, and they don't come much better than Luther Reigns and Travis Tomko!

Matthews: I'm inclined to agree, but how sick do you think it made Stevie to basically give Karagias an opportunity to finish off Birchall for good?

Sanders: A punishment fitting of the crime I said earlier...no better punishment than to put Birchall against Evan's hired guns. If he's as good as everyone says he is, this should be a walk in the park for him!

Matthews: No matter how good you are, two on one odds is never a good situation to be faced with. Sure Birchall is a rare talent, but both Luther and Travis are several inches taller and several pounds heavier than he is. That right there puts Birchall in as the underdog for the first time in his XGW career in my books. But speaking of underdogs, that's the perfect way to segue into our next match! Air Delay have been constant underdogs since they started teaming together, and as such have very few wins under their belt. Many skeptics have been calling for them to be let go as dead weight, but tonight they have the chance to shut them all up when they take on the biggest team in XGW.

Sanders: I don't like Air Delay's chances against the Samoans one bit...

Air Delay Vs The Samoan Island Gangsters

Both Seth and Paris get a sympathetic pop from some of the crowd, as they make their way down to the ring like two people heading to the executioners block. Nobody really rates their chances, and neither do they as they slugishly get into the ring and wait for The Gangsters. To no one's surprise Eddie and Matt are in a much more jovial mood as they make their way down to the ring with smiles on their faces looking at the prey waiting for them in the ring. Eddie slides under the bottom rope, and in the blink of an eye both Seth and Paris pounce! Going from lost souls to desperate animals, both members of Air Delay show a savage fury that is totally unlike them. The crowd is stunned silent as they hammer away on Eddie's head with stiff boots showing no signs of stopping. Anoai, after being stunned silent himself quickly snaps out of his shock and hits the ring. However he too faces the wrath of his much smaller opponents, and recieves the same barrage of boots to the head that Fatu recieved. Literally looking like two small dogs backed into a corner, Air Delay refuse to back down and give the Samoans any time to recover. In another shock moment so early into the match, both Seth and Paris show there's more to them than their small stature, by snapping Anoai into the middle of the ring with a thunderous double suplex! The determined show of fight starts to win over the crowd as they continue to isolate both Fatu and Anoai in short bursts. As the assault slows down, the ref finally forced Paris out onto the apron leaving Seth to concentrate on Anoai. Alone they don't fare as effectively as they did together, and Matt eventually finds a way back to his feet. Less then pleased, he lifts Seth up and over his head with ease, before dropping him throat first onto the top rope! As Delay is thrown back by the force of the ropes, Anoai delivers a vicious clothesline to the back of his head! Lying flat on his stomach, Delay isn't moving an inch. Some of the fans seem legitimately concerned as Anoai rolls him over expecting an easy win. However much to his dsibelief Seth actually kicks out! Refusing to be shown up, Matt pulls him to his feet and whips him across the ring towards Eddie. Fatu tags in, and in their own show of tag team experience use their own force to whip each other into Delay crushing him under their weight! Paris jumps into the ring only to be flipped into the air and driven down with a huge Samoan Drop by Fatu! The match finally takes the path it was expected to from the beginning, with the Samoans standing dominant over their smaller opponents. Delay is getting up in the corner as Paris is set up for the Gang Warfare. Eddie begins his ascent to the top rope, but the crowd's attention is drawn to the stage as two instantly recognisable faces sprint down the ramp armed with chairs...

IPB ImageIPB Image

Warrington wastes no time blasting Fatu in the back with his chair, as Ruth slides in and levels a barely lucid Seth Delay with his chair! Anoai drops Paris with a mixed look of confusion and anger, but he too takes a chair shot for his troubles. With all four men in the match down on the canvas Warrington and Ruth celebrate in the ring, but it doesn't last for long...

Air Delay draw The Samoan Island Gangsters Due To Interference (9 mins) 50.4%

The Commish Lays Down More Law

Interrupting the celebrations, Steven Richards marches out onto the stage with a mic in hand.

Stevie: Why am I not surprised to see you two here when you're not supposed to be? I have to say you're going to fit right in as EVERYONE around here seems to ignore everything that comes out of my mouth! But I guess in a way I should be thanking you for ruining this match, as I've decided how to debut you. In five days time the two of you will make your in ring debuts at Living In Sin. Your opponents? They're lying in the ring with you, and I bet they're all pissed off about being hit with chairs. There are a lot of teams coming into XGW now, so spots at the top are getting a little crowded. Shannon and Dragon may have the next shot at The Lost Boyz, but let's just say the winner of your match will be getting serious consideration as the next in line.

He pauses, allowing his announcment to sink in slightly before adding another layer to it.

Stevie: But let's make this interesting shall we? Why not have the match under elimination rules? Sure it'd be tougher to pick up the win, but it would leave no doubt that the winners deserve to be considered top contenders. Yeah, I like that...three teams, elimination rules. For your sakes I hope those four don't pick one of you off, as a four on one ass kicking could kill your chances before they started! Now if you don't mind, kindly get yourselves out of my ring as I have one more insubordinate superstar to deal with.

Stevie waits as little by little the six men trickle to the back leaving the ring empty.

Stevie: Now that was supposed to be the main event of the evening, but what kind of commissioner would I be if I sent you all home after that? it all worked out great in the end thanks to one man...Seven. You tried to break the non-agression rule I put in place for tonight. While I would have loved Ace to knock your head off and get rid of you for good, I'm glad he didn't. You see if he did, I wouldn't have had the pleasure of booking a special match to end the night. Right here in this ring, whether you like it or not, you're going to compete. Who's your opponent? Well I figured seeing as you wanted Ace to hit you, I'd give you a guy notorious for being a stiff bastard. So your opponent for tonight is none other than the man they call "The Mastodon"...VADER!

The crowd pops like crazy for the announcment of an in ring return for Vader. Stevie's smile is hard to miss as he heads back through the curtain to let the special main event take place.

Stevie Books A Few More Matches (4 mins) 63.3%

Matthews: Oh my god...Vader making his return to in ring action tonight?!

Sanders: I think this is a better time than any to say Holy Shit! Seven is going to pay dearly for crossing Stevie one time too many.

Matthews: The champ has got off quite easily in recent months as he's been able to physically out match most of his opponents...but Vader? He completely dwarfs Seven no matter which way you look at it!

Sanders: All I can add is in the short existence of Body Count, this has to be the biggest main event match we've had, even if there have only been three of them!

Non Title Match

Seven© Vs Vader

Seven makes his way down to the ring without the rest of the 7th Circle tonight, but his face shows a slight fear he hasn't shown for his entire run in XGW. He quietly climbs into the ring, removing his coat and title belt before laying them on the ground outside. Pacing back and forth he can only wait as a much more in shape Vader makes his way out through the curtain, sans any music at all. The fans still go crazy as he marches down to the ring and rolls in through the bottom rope. Rising to his feet he's met with several well placed right hands from the champ, desperate to take him down before the match has a chance to get going. However Vader shrugs the shots off easily and unleashes a flurry of rights and left of his own, peppering Seven's midsection as he staggers backwards into the middle of the ring. With no time to breath, he finds himself smothered by a running body block and flat on his back looking up at the roof of the Gravity Bar. Vader doesn't miss a step as he bounces off the ropes and flattens the champ with a standing body splash , but only manages to get two before Seven kicks out. Instead of arguing with the referee, Vader drags the champ to his feet and whips him into a nearby turnbuckle. Following him in with a charging body splash, the mastodon steps back watching Seven drop to the ground in a seated position. Instead of waiting for him to rise, Vader continues his dominating display by pulling him to his feet and slamming him onto the canvas near the corner. At first he seems to signal for the Vader Bomb, but as he climbs the ropes he ascension continues to the top. Standing with his back to Seven for a second, the 380lbs man leaps off the top with a huge Vadersault! The ring shakes violently as Vader eats nothing but canvas, with Seven rolling a few inches away to safety. The champ slowly makes his way to his feet, but Vader is already standing. Seven looks legitimately confuses to see him up so early, and for a few seconds they simply stare at each other. Taking the initiative, Seven angrily pushes Vader off the ropes signalling for a Pale Horse but Vader runs back and simply clashes with Seven. By this time the fans have started to realise something is wrong. Seven pushes Vader, who levels him with a legitimate right hand! He follows him down and begins raining down stiff punches to the side of his face, as the ref waves his hands calling to the back. Several wrestlers pour out from the back, including Ace Steel and Ryan Sakoda. Several swarm the ring and jump Vader, subduing him long enough for the rest to get a bloodied and barely conscious Seven out of the ring and to the back. The crowd can only watch in silence as the wrestlers holding Vader are shouting at him as they try to drag him to the back.

Seven bt. Vader By Ref Stoppage (10 mins) 77.7%

Matthews: I...I don't know how to explain this, but that was NOT part of the show...Kevin looks legitimately hurt after taking a beating he didn't deserve.

Sanders: What the fuck did he do that for?

Matthews: I don't know, but I'm sorry we have to go now...hopefully we'll be able to give you more information on this incident as soon as we can.

IPB Image

Update On Incident On Recent XGW Show

For the people in attendance this past Tuesday, and those who watched the show on XeroGwrestling.com (Which you can find a link to Here) they won't forget the main event in a hurry. In what seemed to start as part of the match, quickly became apparent as anythin but scripted. Many wrestlers broke character to rush the ring and get Kevin Fertig (known as Seven) away from the ring after being attacked by Leon White during their match. Until earlier today no one knew why the incident happened, but several hours ago we were able to get an official word on what happened. White, who initially had agreed to put Seven over in the impromptu match, changed his mind sometime between meeting with the booking team and before he was due to wrestle. The argument that broke out backstage could be heard by the people who hung around the bar area after the show, and heard several unknown voices berating Whte about what he did. His reasoning behind it was that he didn't think Fertig deserved to be put over him in a throwaway match. The incident was compounded by word that White had been handed a contract by AJPW the day of the show, which he had actually signed before assaulting Fertig. Upon being admitted to a nearby hopsital, it had been confirmed that Fertig had seffered a mild concussion and several superficial cuts and bruises. No word has been issued on whether or not he intends to press charges, and this incident has thrown his involvment in the upcoming XGW show into jeopardy.

On a slightly less serious note, XeroGwrestling.com also has a small article (link Here) about a change to the scheduled card. The match between The Berzerker and David Young has switched from a Hardcore match to a Fans Bring The Weapons Match following the events of the tag team match on Body Count. The article encourages fans to bring unusual items with them on Sunday, with emphasis on the less than conventional side.

Edited by Xero Gravity

IPB Image

Current Living In Sin Card

IPB Image

Triple Threat Match For The XGW Heavyweight Title

IPB Image Vs. IPB Image Vs. IPB Image

Seven© Vs Ryan Sakoda Vs Ace Steel

Handicap Match

IPB Image Vs. IPB ImageIPB Image

Paul Birchall Vs. Travis and Luther

IPB Image

XGW Tag Team Title Match

IPB ImageIPB Image Vs. IPB ImageIPB Image

The Lost Boys© Vs Shannon Moore and Insane Dragon

Fans Bring The Weapons Match

IPB Image Vs. IPB Image

The Berzerker Vs David Young

IPB Image

Six Woman Gauntlet Match For The XGW Womens Title

IPB Image Vs. IPB Image Vs. IPB Image

Vs. IPB Image Vs. IPB Image Vs. IPB Image

Tara Bush Vs Candice Michelle Vs Christy Hemme Vs Shelly Martinez Vs ????? Vs ??????

Tag Team Elimination Match

IPB ImageIPB Image Vs. IPB ImageIPB Image

Vs. IPB ImageIPB Image

The Samoan Island Gangsters Vs Air Delay Vs Chaz Warrington and Glen Ruth

Card Subject To Change

Edited by Xero Gravity

Wow. The Headbangers AND The Berzerker? This is awesome stuff, man. It's pretty cool to see a non-WWE promotion that focuses on characters as opposed to just generic talent. The graphics are quite cool as well, especially the Living In Sin logo. I'm looking forward to the show itself.

If I had one gripe with it, it'd be that the new debuts are coming just a bit too fast and furious for my tastes. I realize that's how it is for a young up and coming promotion though, but it just makes the roster as a whole look kind of inflated and takes away from the impact each one has.

Keep up the good work, Xero. :)

Hmm, so far I've known about the debuts, but those two incoming women intrigue me. Looks like Insane and Shannon are on a collision course down the road, so I'm looking for the champs to retain there. The Bangers, one of those gotta have teams for you..but hopefully SIG don't get pushed back because they're here.

I saw your diary recommended in the offtopic thread and gave it a read. I'm definitely enjoying it. I have no idea who quite a few of the wrestlers are but the characters are developing so it's easy for me to follow everything that's going on. Berzerker is fun! Definitely a tough guy federation, not alot of pretty faces.:) Keep up the good work.

• 1 year later...