Mad Season

Guest MuRd0K

Guest MuRd0K

Hmmm I just bought Alice In Chains:"Nothing Safe:Best Of The Box" album, and when I'm listening to it, they recommend me some albums, and one of them is Mad Season:"Above" album.

So I got curious and decided to ask EWB, have you heard them? are they any good?

I own the Mad Season album and enjoy it alot.

Layne Staley doing more laid back vocals, and being backed up by alot of grunge greats makes for a great CD.

If you have some extra cash, give it a shot....I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Guest MuRd0K

I just researched a little into the group... Alice In Chains singing and Pearl Jam on the guitar? Should have been the other way (Alice In Chains on the guitar and Pearl Jam singing) but it's still great from the demos I got at MusicMatch.

I'll be giving it a try, if you can tell me some more about the group, it will be deeply thanked.

Guest Angry Baboon

It's alright. I like "Lifeless Dead" and "River of Deceit", but there isn't really any chemistry between the bassist (Can't remember his name), Mike McCready and Layne.

I got it a while back for £6 second-hand...it's more laid back and slightly darker than AIC, and at least one of the tracks made me think of Velvet Underground, if only because it sounded slightly similar to Venus In Furs. I can't remember most of the track names, and can't be bothered to go get the CD and find out, but it's a pretty strong album, but nothing too spectacurific. The sleeve design looks incredibly cheap, though.