The Perfect Role

Laice07

No one could ever play the Joker except Jack Nicholson.

Kevin Spacey in just about any role is irreplacable, especially his role in the Usual Suspects.

And Kurt Russell as Snake Plisskin.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ian McKellen as Gandulf...

Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde...

Side Comment: Who would you have play Gambit if he were to be included in one of the new Xmen movies?

Side Comment #2: Hugh Jackman wasn't tough enough for me in the role of Wolverine. He sort of looked the part, but didn't have the correct dialect, stature, or general feel of Wolverine.

Nicholson in Over the Cuckoos Nest is absolutely irreplaceble, I've seen the movie so many times and could never picture some one else doing it.

Robert Carlyle in Trainspotting is also great, not only is his physical status appropriate but he holds so much agression and makes a disgusting character extremely sinister, yet humourous.

Also Samuel L. Jackson in Jungle Fever - not only is he a fantastic actor, but he wove his own personal demons into the character so he really became him.

I also think that David Carddadine(Sp?) cannot be replaced as Bill in Kill Bill Volume 1 and Volume 2. Oh and Michael Madsen as Budd, but no one can replace Madsen in any of his roles, so its not surprising.

Love it or hate it, but Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith in the Matrix Trilogy, although I believe the role was originally offered to Jean Reno (Leon).

Sigourney Weaver as Ripley in the Alien films.

Guest chaddyuk2004

Harrison Ford as Han Solo, still can't believe Nick Nolte almost got the part...also Ford as Indiana Jones.

Tom Selleck was gonna play Indiana instead of Harrison it was only when paramount realised he was signed up to do Magnum P.I. that the role was then given to Harrison Ford.

Lucas was still not keen on giving it Ford cos he had already worked with him in Star Wars

Brad Pitt: Tyler Durden in Fight Club

Brad Pitt is great in almost every role and this was no different.

Hugh Jackman: Wolverine in X-Men & X-2

Perfect look for the role and he played it really well, too.

Jason Lee: Brodie Bruce in Mallrats & Banky Edwards in Chasing Amy

Just a great actor and no one else could've been either character.

Johnny Depp: Capt. Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Carribean

Even if he took his inspiration from Keith Richards, not even Keith could've done this role.

Kurt Russell: Snake Plisskin in Escape from New York and Escape from LA

Perfect for the role. Glad he semi-spawned a great video game

Seann William Scott: Steve Stifler in American Pie I & II and American Wedding

Without Stifler these movies would've just been "another teen movie."

Tom Cruise as Lestat in Interview With The Vampire was perfect, I think. Stuart Townsend's Lestat in Queen Of The Damned paled in comparison.

Arnie was perfect in Terminator.

Ian McKellen as Gandalf.

Stallone as Rocky.

Bruce Campbell as Ash.

Seann William Scott as Stiffler.

Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman.

I'll post more if I remember...

Edited by Y2Johnny

Jean Reno as Leon & Natalie Portman as Matilda In The Proffesional: Reno played his character brillantly once again by capturing the emotion of each scene perfectly. Portman also did amazing in her role (and especially for someone her age at the time).

Christian Bale In American Psycho and Liotta/DeNiro/Pesci in Goodfellas were made for them IMO.

Guest bruins72

Tom Cruise as Lestat in Interview With The Vampire was perfect, I think. Stuart Townsend's Lestat in Queen Of The Damned paled in comparison.

Arnie was perfect in Terminator.

Ian McKellen as Gandalf.

Stallone as Rocky.

Bruce Campbell as Ash.

Seann William Scott as Stiffler.

Christian Bale as Patrick Bateman.

I'll post more if I remember...

I'll agree with your list except for one. I HATED Cruise as Lestat. It just didn't sit right with me. I read the first few Lestat books and loved them but when I saw Cruise playing Lestat it just turned my stomach.

John Travolta as Chili Palmer in Get Shorty.

Dennis Farina as Cousin Avi in Snatch.

Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm in Jussasic Park and The Lost World

The entire ensemble for Lord of the Rings.

I'll agree with your list except for one. I HATED Cruise as Lestat. It just didn't sit right with me. I read the first few Lestat books and loved them but when I saw Cruise playing Lestat it just turned my stomach.

Really? I actually loved Cruise's interpretation of Lestat. He had this feeling to him, I dunno, he just looked/felt like Lestat. Stuart Townsend though... While not necessarily BAD, he just wasn't right.

Just remembered more: Russel Crowe as Maximus and Joaquin Phoenix as Commodus in Gladiator.

Guest bruins72

Really? I actually loved Cruise's interpretation of Lestat. He had this feeling to him, I dunno, he just looked/felt like Lestat. Stuart Townsend though... While not necessarily BAD, he just wasn't right.

Just remembered more: Russel Crowe as Maximus and Joaquin Phoenix as Commodus in Gladiator.

To me it seemed like Cruise was doing his usual job of hamming it up. IMO, he hasn't been very good in a long time. It doesn't matter what the role is. You can always see how infatuated with himself he is and it comes through in every role. I used to be a big fan of his work too.

Good call on the Gladiator roles.

To me it seemed like Cruise was doing his usual job of hamming it up. IMO, he hasn't been very good in a long time. It doesn't matter what the role is. You can always see how infatuated with himself he is and it comes through in every role. I used to be a big fan of his work too.

Good call on the Gladiator roles.

Meh, I've been thinking about it, maybe it's because I saw the movie before I read the book and Cruise's image of Lestat is the one who stuck in my mind... dunno, really. But I still think he was great :P

Hmmmm... some more... Mel Gibson & Danny Glover as Riggs & Murtaugh.

Guest bruins72

Meh, I've been thinking about it, maybe it's because I saw the movie before I read the book and Cruise's image of Lestat is the one who stuck in my mind... dunno, really. But I still think he was great :P

Hmmmm... some more... Mel Gibson & Danny Glover as Riggs & Murtaugh.

That would do it. It's kind of like how I had the image of Alec Baldwin stuck in my head as Jack Ryan in the Tom Clancey novel. I saw him play the part in Hunt for Red October before I started reading the books. I was severely perturbed when I saw Harrison Ford playing the part in the other movies. I refuse to even acknowledge the movie with Ben Affleck as Ryan.

Gibson and Glover were classic in those roles. Too bad they pushed the series too far and added that crappy 4th movie.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield in Pulp Fiction. I think another guy could've played Vincent Vega (not neccesarily as WELL, though), but Sam as Jules is fucking PERFECT and I can't envision anyone else doing it. Bruce Willis as Butch was just about perfect too.