The 2006 Academy "Gay Cowboy/Author/Knightley Ass" Awards

ROC

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we'll be hearing about how the Academy was afraid to give Best Picture to Brokeback forever. I thought it was the best picture of the year, but all I really cared about was that Ang Lee got the Best Director he so deserved.

Honestly though, how many times has a movie won Best Picture at everything besides the Oscars?

I guess the people from JoBlo.com who called it the most overrated movie of the year were just being homophobic then. :rolleyes: Or maybe they just didn't think it was good enough.

I am happy Crash one. Of the nominees, it was the best.

My favorite movie of the year, Transamerica, leaves empty handed. But whatever. It was a decent year for movies.

I'll save the rant for another time, but Crash winning makes the awards look like a total joke. The only reason it won is because of the old frostyboxes that don't feel smooth with the gays.

Oh well, I disagree with almost every Best Picture winner anyway....

I'll save the rant for another time, but Crash winning makes the awards look like a total joke. The only reason it won is because of the old frostyboxes that don't feel smooth with the gays.

... or maybe because Brokeback really isn't as great as people make it out to be? Good, yes. Best Picture? No no no.

I dunno, I'm with Nik. I think Brokeback is massively overrated.

Crash isn't the best movie of the year, in my opinion, but it was good, and Brokeback wasn't anything special.

As far as Jon Williams losing for both his Oscars, I imagine he'll cry the whole way home and then dry his eyes and blow his nose with hundred dollar bills.