The 2006 Academy "Gay Cowboy/Author/Knightley Ass" Awards

ROC

Didn't watch but I'm sure Jon Stewart was good. Also I thought Colbert on his show on Thursday did his crazy weird thing where you connect everything together and came up with a mountain. He then couldn't think of anything and just said Crash. So from his show predictions he got 3 1/2 out of 4 I think because he thought Brokeback would win but wanted Crash to win(or something like that).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll save the rant for another time, but Crash winning makes the awards look like a total joke. The only reason it won is because of the old frostyboxes that don't feel smooth with the gays.

... or maybe because Brokeback really isn't as great as people make it out to be?

Edited by Numbahs

Guest Ritzy

I think the acting awards were fairly spot on, bar Clooney's win. Director wise, I don't think Ang Lee did anything particularly out of the norm to deserve winning the award, whereas his opposition had cinematographically alluring movies. And I agree with SDM, Crash wasn't the best movie of the year but it was better than Brokeback Moutain.

All in all, the awards weren't bad, but these things are never actually great.

I'll save the rant for another time, but Crash winning makes the awards look like a total joke. The only reason it won is because of the old frostyboxes that don't feel smooth with the gays.

... or maybe because Brokeback really isn't as great as people make it out to be?

TOM WAITS CLIP ON THE OSCARS! TOM WAITS CLIP ON THE OSCARS!

HOLLYWOOD IS ON FIRE WITH THIS DEVELOPMENT!

:o Explain! Detail!

As for Brokeback...yeah, as I said, it wasn't that great. Good, but far from the best film of the year. But the same can be said for Crash. Good films, yes, not best of the year. Hence why the Oscars are a bit pants.

I would have been happy had Brokeback won but I'm just as happy that Crash won. I really couldn't decide which I was rooting for so I rooted for both. Hope Jon Stewart comes back next year, thought he was great when he would make fun of the things the show's producer's would do like the "Academy's tribute to montages" and making fun of the lame interpretive dances. And I loved George Clooney's acceptance speech.

Edited by Pepsi

Overall another good Oscars, loved the Reese win, and finally Ang Lee has a deserving Best Director oscar, bothered by the Crash Best Picture win, but there's been worse winners. Still, I was rooting for Brokeback Mountain.

Other notes:

1.) Loved most of the speeches made by the actors and actresses, nothing over the top(like Halle Berry) or incredibly cheesy(Hilary Swank)

2.) Keira Knightly and Jessical Alba and Salma Hayek were goddesses

3.) Dolly Parton has huge breasts

4.) Three 6 Mafia has an Academy Award...what?

5.) Jon Stewart was great

Overall I got 16 out of the 24 nominations correctly predicted, the most notable one I got wrong was Best Picture.

Actually, I thought all the songs sucked, and the only one I thought the slight bit worthy to win was In The Deep. Anyway, this was one of the very few categories that I didn't feel the winner deserved the award, in my opinion of course. I hope they have *better* songs next year. At least most things were fine.

Edited by Laice06

After Cabbie On The Street suggested Syriana was the best movie of the year, I got together and discussed it and nobody could suggest a better one.

That said, none of us saw Capote, but I think it was better then Crash and Brokeback Mountain both.